PDA

View Full Version : Division I State Championship - Liberty Hill(13-0) vs. Gilmer Buckeyes(14-0)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

DaHop72
12-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I guess I'm just crazier than you :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

pirate4state
12-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
I made a post last week that caught some flak, but has since turned to fact. This week Gilmer will either win or not win, but either Gilmer will win or be beaten by the State Champion. The original post noted that since 2003, either Gilmer won it all, was beaten by the eventual State Champion, or was beaten out in a historic game (3rd highest scoring game in Texas High School Football Playoff history). It took 61 to win that game. I really do not think LH is ready for the storm.

You're killing me pawdaddy!

Both teams are in the FINAL game of the year, of course they are ready!! :doh: OMG :crazy1:

waterboy
12-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Bigworm
It cannot be beat by Gilmer..
It can and will be beat by Gilmer.:D

You'll see what I'm talking about come Saturday.:cool:

Texasfootball2
12-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
i do remember those props to our program texasfootball, so you are cool in my book ( not that you even care ) haha

Thanks Big Daddy D, I do appreciate.:thumbsup:

clemsmarina
12-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Thanks Big Daddy D, I do appreciate.:thumbsup:

fyi... I never said you didn't give them props. I asked if you have seen them play this year, which you finally answered.

Thanks anyway though.

Texasfootball2
12-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by clemsmarina
Actually you stated:
Gilmer may have more athletism on the offensive side of the ball than any team at any classification. Most of them don't play defense but they can and will if they have to in order to stop your high powered running game. I appreciate your compassion and loyalty to your Panthers. Your success the last few years is hard to match, but trust me when I say this. "You've never seen a team line up to play your Panthers with the offensive weapons and size of Gilmers".

So since you finally answered the question that you have never seen Liberty Hill play, how about you quit telling everyone how much more knowledge you have about this game?!?!

The only props you gave them was that they have done real well these last few years, and you wished them luck while saying how much football you have seen in your life... Who cares???

Not only are you both closed and simple minded, but you have some serious issues. I would like for you to find a post on this thread were I made any type of bold prediction on this game. I have compliment both programs, I have stated that this should be a great game, I made a comment about I hope both programs, coaches and fans can show the same amount of respect and class to one another after the game is over as Wylie and Gilmer did last week, and I have stated how talented Gilmer is. Obviously you don't care, but I'm kind of glad. I'm not going to rob this tread to get in a war of words with you, this thread is about the Div 1 state championship so, put your issues aside and talk about the game:D

LH810
12-13-2007, 11:28 AM
I made a post last week that caught some flak, but has since turned to fact. This week Gilmer will either win or not win, but either Gilmer will win or be beaten by the State Champion. The original post noted that since 2003, either Gilmer won it all, was beaten by the eventual State Champion, or was beaten out in a historic game (3rd highest scoring game in Texas High School Football Playoff history). It took 61 to win that game. I really do not think LH is ready for the storm.

LH will be ready, you just need to start worring about stopping the slot-t.

Ranger Mom
12-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I'm not a young man. :D

What do you consider "not young"??

clemsmarina
12-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Not only are you both closed and simple minded, but you have some serious issues. I would like for you to find a post on this thread were I made any type of bold prediction on this game. I have compliment both programs, I have stated that this should be a great game, I made a comment about I hope both programs, coaches and fans can show the same amount of respect and class to one another after the game is over as Wylie and Gilmer did last week, and I have stated how talented Gilmer is. Obviously you don't care, but I'm kind of glad. I'm not going to rob this tread to get in a war of words with you, this thread is about the Div 1 state championship so, put your issues aside and talk about the game:D

No serious issues here, and still have not said that you made any BOLD prediction on this game.

Simply stating that you did give Liberty Hill props, but only in the sense to make everyone feel good about your previous statements of letting all of us know how much you know, how many games you've seen, how many years you coached and recruited every corner of this state, and how much more athleticism Gilmer has than any other team in any classification..... Then I asked if you had seen Liberty Hill play this year, which you finally answered.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2007, 12:00 PM
the weather keeps getting colder :) good running conditions :clap:

pirate4state
12-13-2007, 12:00 PM
the weather keeps getting colder :) good running conditions :clap: forget running - this is good HITTING weather!!!

Pawdaddy
12-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by LH810
LH will be ready, you just need to start worring about stopping the slot-t.

I think the word you were looking for is preparing, not worring. And yes, the Bucks will be prepared. I have changed my mind, though. I said before you guys are something. You are not. You are definitely something else! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

LHPantherfanII
12-13-2007, 12:03 PM
I think the word you were looking for is preparing, not worring. And yes, the Bucks will be prepared. I have changed my mind, though. I said before you guys are something. You are not. You are definitely something else! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
We are something ... WE ARE WINNERS!! :D

Bigworm
12-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by LHPantherfanII

We have a winning tradition here at LH....that tradition is going to stay alive through saturday :)

N4SIR
12-13-2007, 12:25 PM
We have a winning tradition here at LH....that tradition is going to stay alive through saturday :) Both teams have winning traditions. Gilmer is 50 wins and 3 losses over the last 53 games.

Bigworm
12-13-2007, 12:29 PM
I didnt say they didnt, When the stands are full on saturday you will see :)

Pawdaddy
12-13-2007, 12:41 PM

No, again. You ARE something else. You WERE winners. But, hats off to the LH boys for playing in the big one two years in a row. Most teams do not get that privilege. Even one time is to be commended. The gauntlet is down.:hand: :hand: :hand:

Texasfootball2
12-13-2007, 12:44 PM
I didnt say they didnt, When the stands are full on saturday you will see :)

"FULL" LOL:D This is my first bold prediction for Saturday's game. The stands will be less than half full, maybe only 35%-40% of the seats will taken. These two communities are not capable of fill the stands even for a state championship. :thumbsup:

And before you get your panties in a wad:hand: please take into consideration that Floyd Casey holds about 50,000 seats:D :D

Boths communities will turn out and do their programs proud:thumbsup:

N4SIR
12-13-2007, 12:45 PM
I didnt say they didnt, When the stands are full on saturday you will see :) Apparently you have never been to a Gilmer game. Our fans turn out better than any in East Texas. Expect the Gilmer side to be as full as the LH or even more.

LHPantherfanII
12-13-2007, 12:47 PM
No, again. You ARE something else. You WERE winners. But, hats off to the LH boys for playing in the big one two years in a row. Most teams do not get that privilege. Even one time is to be commended. The gauntlet is down.:hand: :hand: :hand:
Give me a break!! :rolleyes:
We are very proud of our boys for being in the State Championship 2nd year and we will make sure and give ya'll a shout out from the winners circle after the game!!

LHPantherfanII
12-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Apparently you have never been to a Gilmer game. Our fans turn out better than any in East Texas. Expect the Gilmer side to be as full as the LH or even more.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Gilmer quite a bit larger than Liberty Hill?

Pawdaddy
12-13-2007, 12:50 PM
I just read a post on another thread where LHPantherFanII has now eliciting help from "All Central Texas Football Fans." Man, if anyone is really a high school football fan, they know a storm is coming to Waco Saturday. Sounded a bit worried to me. Especially since Gilmer has twice as far to come. :p :p :p

LHPantherfanII
12-13-2007, 12:55 PM
I just read a post on another thread where LHPantherFanII has now eliciting help from "All Central Texas Football Fans." Man, if anyone is really a high school football fan, they know a storm is coming to Waco Saturday. Sounded a bit worried to me. Especially since Gilmer has twice as far to come. :p :p :p I'm not concerned at all about the game - I'm excited about the game!! The more people the better!!! I love to have a ton of people around to keep us warm!! btw ... I'm not worried about the Gilmer side being packed either ... good luck!!

N4SIR
12-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Gilmer quite a bit larger than Liberty Hill? Just like our football team.

LHPantherfanII
12-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Just like our football team.
That was quick ... :clap:

N4SIR
12-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Just like our football team. Sorry about that, i couldn't help myself. Didn't mean to be a smart butt. Population wise Gilmer is bigger than LH. The difference is you have Austin to draw from whereas we have Longview (70,000 people) and Tyler (90,000) to pull from.

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Sorry about that, i couldn't help myself. Didn't mean to be a smart butt.
Oh, come on! Why not? Most everyone else is, you might as well join the crowd. ;)

LHPantherfanII
12-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Sorry about that, i couldn't help myself. Didn't mean to be a smart butt. Population wise Gilmer is bigger than LH. The difference is you have Austin to draw from whereas we have Longview (70,000 people) and Tyler (90,000) to pull from.
There are other games around Austin that are larger than our little ol 3A that will be going on. There was a ton of people there last year but again ... the more the merrier!! ;)

N4SIR
12-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Oh, come on! Why not? Most everyone else is, you might as well join the crowd. ;) It's all in good fun. Just a proud fan rooting for my team. No matter the outcome, both schools have much to be proud of.

Bigworm
12-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Apparently you have never been to a Gilmer game. Our fans turn out better than any in East Texas. Expect the Gilmer side to be as full as the LH or even more.

lol. The whole central Texas Area will be at the game!Leander/Florence/Georgetown/Burnet/Cedar Park

The Austin area teams that have been eliminated have jumped on the bandwagon.

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2007, 01:09 PM
It's all in good fun. Just a proud fan rooting for my team. No matter the outcome, both schools have much to be proud of.
I agree completely! :)

LH810
12-13-2007, 01:54 PM

when your at the game look for the shirts
it justifies everything

Daddy D 11
12-13-2007, 01:57 PM
shhhh LH810, you are ruining it :mad: :eek: ;)

firstcat
12-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Several of you give the impression this "Slot T" is like some kind of magic spell that just sort of puts opposing defenses in some kind of catatonic trance....

Finally! Sombody gets it...it is truly "CAT-atonic"!
which way did he go? which way did he go? which way did he go? where's the ball? where's the ball? where's the ball?
I oftentimes looks like the other team is doing the thorazine shuffle wandering around after the wrong back!

Daddy D 11
12-13-2007, 02:01 PM
so do i get a free shirt firstcat? :D

firstcat
12-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Both teams have winning traditions. Gilmer is 50 wins and 3 losses over the last 53 games.

And just speaking for the bulk of the juniors on the LH team...(and the seniors record is just as stellar), it is what..
.lhpm can probably put her finger on the exact number quicker than I can...but it is something like....(including all playoff games that they participated in)...
69 wins, 3 losses (one in semi's, and one in 1/4's,and one dang 8th grade game), and 1 tie...most kids never get to see that many ballgames, much less play them...and win.

So, basically you are correct in your statement that both teams have a winning tradition.

firstcat
12-13-2007, 02:12 PM

Bigworm
12-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Liberty Hill-

2007 4,505 Dustin Gonzales (2,139), Allman (1,689), Clint Gavin (677)

With one game left, they have 69 combined TDs for 13-0 Div. I state finalists

LH Panther Mom
Originally posted by firstcat
And just speaking for the bulk of the juniors on the LH team...(and the seniors record is just as stellar), it is what..
.lhpm can probably put her finger on the exact number quicker than I can...but it is something like....(including all playoff games that they participated in)...
69 wins, 3 losses (one in semi's, and one in 1/4's,and one dang 8th grade game), and 1 tie...most kids never get to see that many ballgames, much less play them...and win.

So, basically you are correct in your statement that both teams have a winning tradition.
8th grade loss, freshman tie ( :mad: silly Burnet :D ); no Juniors on the squad in the semi's loss :thinking: Let me see.......

firstcat
so do i get a free shirt firstcat? :D

I can't give you a free one...but I'll buy you one.
And we modified just a tad, but thanks for the concept!

firstcat
12-13-2007, 02:19 PM
8th grade loss, freshman tie ( :mad: silly Burnet :D ); no Juniors on the squad in the semi's loss :thinking: Let me see.......

you are right! they were in the 8th grade then...geez we've been at this a while, huh?

Daddy D 11
12-13-2007, 02:19 PM
yeah, well thats good, i think it was a little too long to be honest, but its what came to mind first. and Kayvon informed me on the final edition, VERY NICE :thumbsup:

and im just teasing, i GUESS i could take a 50% discount ;)

Hill Man
12-13-2007, 02:20 PM
I am sure Casey and Matt were juniors on that team..

firstcat
12-13-2007, 02:21 PM
yeah, well thats good, i think it was a little too long to be honest, but its what came to mind first. and Kayvon informed me on the final edition, VERY NICE :thumbsup:

and im just teasing, i GUESS i could take a 50% discount ;)

what size, short or long sleeves? color? black (short-sleeved only, limited supply) or Purple?

Don't forget to rally everyone to come to the free Panther Fan-Cake breakfast at Foundation!!!! 7-10am....ever had purple pancakes?

Daddy D 11
12-13-2007, 02:22 PM
i believe they mean juniors This year..

ive learned to decode all of her nonsense ;) :p

firstcat
12-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Hill Man
I am sure Casey and Matt were juniors on that team..

She was talking about no "this year's Juniors" on the team then...;)

Daddy D 11
12-13-2007, 02:23 PM
what size, short or long sleeves? color? black (short-sleeved only, limited supply) or Purple?

Don't forget to rally everyone to come to the free Panther Fan-Cake breakfast at Foundation!!!! 7-10am....ever had purple pancakes?

im busy from 10-12 saturday morning, but i might stop by before.

and ill do a large, black longsleeve if thats ok :)

firstcat
12-13-2007, 02:24 PM
She was talking about no "this year's Juniors" on the team then...;)

dang that got addressed quickly didn't it???

Daddy D 11
12-13-2007, 02:25 PM
and on the good looking statement that LHPM posted on the M&G thread, Hill Man is by far the best looking man in town :kiss:

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2007, 02:29 PM
and on the good looking statement that LHPM posted on the M&G thread, Hill Man is by far the best looking man in town :kiss:
:eek: :eek: :eek: I was about to get worried until I reread the posts. :D

BTW - is that one "H" getting it together? :devil: ;)

Daddy D 11
12-13-2007, 02:32 PM
haha he is always giving 100% effort, he just gets his adrenaline going and forgets about his form :rolleyes:

Pawdaddy
12-13-2007, 02:39 PM

I had one of the sophomore starter's Mom in my office on Monday and she told me that the sophomore class had never lost a game. They start in the 7th grade here. Sounds like LH and Gilmer have a good chance to see each other this late in the year for a while. That will be cool. We have a few good local rivalries, but a December rivalry would take the cake.:clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2007, 02:40 PM
haha he is always giving 100% effort, he just gets his adrenaline going and forgets about his form :rolleyes:
I LOVE watching. The rest of the crew needs a cheering section like "S" has. :D

Daddy D 11
12-13-2007, 02:40 PM
HAHA agreed. maybe you can take up the honors :inlove:

waterboy
12-13-2007, 02:43 PM
ill do a large, black longsleeve if thats ok :)
Me, too. With orange trim and a big orange G. Who said you Liberty Hill folks wasn't smart??:D

Daddy D 11
12-13-2007, 02:45 PM
these shirts will be much better looking than that waterboy:D

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2007, 02:51 PM
HAHA agreed. maybe you can take up the honors :inlove:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'll take turns. And I hope to get through all twice. :eek: :D

Daddy D 11
12-13-2007, 02:52 PM
all twice? you have confused me now:confused:

Pawdaddy
12-13-2007, 02:52 PM
I just checked out the Celina thread and the Cuero thread. There are more pages on this one than on those two combined. This is getting good. :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1:

Daddy D 11
12-13-2007, 02:54 PM
not as good as the whupping we are going to put on the buckeyes come saturday :D ;)

Bigworm
12-13-2007, 02:54 PM
thats true....SLAB

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2007, 02:56 PM
all twice? you have confused me now:confused:
One trip, one turn. "S" is covered. Two trips each for all but S = 6x. :D

Wait, make that 3..... :devil: :devil:

N4SIR
12-13-2007, 02:58 PM
not as good as the whupping we are going to put on the buckeyes come saturday :D ;) You shouldn't kid yourself like that. It will only make it tougher on you when you head back home as a LOSER.

waterboy
12-13-2007, 03:01 PM
not as good as the whupping we are going to put on the buckeyes come saturday :D ;)
The only whupping going on will be on 'dem purdy purple puddycats!:D

BIGJOHNWAYNE
12-13-2007, 03:05 PM
I will let you know who whoops who, just as soon as the game is over, lol, thats is the only way anyone is gonna know!

Pawdaddy
12-13-2007, 03:12 PM

Like I have been saying, you guys are really something else, not something. The LH Panthers are going to be disappointed shortly after dark Saturday, but you guys are going to be in seriously bad shape. You really do not have any idea what is about to hit.

Ranger Mom
12-13-2007, 03:14 PM
I just checked out the Celina thread and the Cuero thread. There are more pages on this one than on those two combined. This is getting good. :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1:

Well....you have to remember that 344 posts were deleted from the Snyder/Celina thread....:p :p

Pawdaddy
12-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Well....you have to remember that 344 posts were deleted from the Snyder/Celina thread....:p :p

Why do they do that?

BIGJOHNWAYNE
12-13-2007, 03:18 PM
LOL, im from gilmer, and i enjoy the hype that is being put on this game with quotes from both sides like "you dont know what we can do", the truth is that EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT BOTH PROGRAMS CAN DO! that is why they are two of the most prestigious programs in the state. I just can't wait for this weekend because this is really gonna be one of the best games in texas high school football history. I invite anyone to argue with me on that fact!

Ranger Mom
12-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Why do they do that?

Because it was blatant "thread jacking" by kids....it wasn't even about the game anymore!!!

rundoe
12-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!!! Ya think??:D

Noooooo, LHPM is NEVER sarcastic.:cool:

LHPantherfanII
12-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Like I have been saying, you guys are really something else, not something. The LH Panthers are going to be disappointed shortly after dark Saturday, but you guys are going to be in seriously bad shape. You really do not have any idea what is about to hit.
IF your right I will be on the board that evening giving the Gilmer team praises - would you be willing to do the same when (oops I mean if) we win. :D

Pawdaddy
12-13-2007, 04:30 PM
IF your right I will be on the board that evening giving the Gilmer team praises - would you be willing to do the same when (oops I mean if) we win. :D

I most definitely will, but it may be Monday morning before I do. It is even more fun to get paid to do this.:D :D :D

waterboy
12-13-2007, 04:32 PM
I can't speak for him, but I will be on here when Liberty Hill loses........oops! Or when Gilmer wins.......oops! Let's just say I'll be on here regardless......that's all I can say.:D

wimbo_pro
12-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Oh, believe me I know. Sometimes it's best just to ignore some people --- not EVERYTHING warrants a response! :rolleyes:

pirate4state
12-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro

Who allowed the peanut gallery in? LOL

waterboy
12-13-2007, 04:36 PM
I most definitely will, but it may be Monday morning before I do. It is even more fun to get paid to do this.:D :D :D
Same here. Won't be on before Monday.....where I can get paid while doing it.:D

Come on, people! Let's smack around a little!:mad: :D

wimbo_pro
12-13-2007, 04:40 PM
No serious issues here, and still have not said that you made any BOLD prediction on this game.

Simply stating that you did give Liberty Hill props, but only in the sense to make everyone feel good about your previous statements of letting all of us know how much you know, how many games you've seen, how many years you coached and recruited every corner of this state, and how much more athleticism Gilmer has than any other team in any classification..... Then I asked if you had seen Liberty Hill play this year, which you finally answered.

I wonder how many Gilmer games have been watched this year by these LH posters who are lambasting this guy for commenting on LH and him NOT seeing LH play this year? Doesnt that go both ways?

Texasfootball2
12-13-2007, 04:43 PM
I wonder how many Gilmer games have been watched this year by these LH posters who are lambasting this guy for commenting on LH and him NOT seeing LH play this year? Doesnt that go both ways?

Oh Wimbo, I hope you don't wake up the sleeping giant again:cheerl: Things just calm down:D

wimbo_pro
12-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Oh Wimbo, I hope you don't wake up the sleeping giant again:cheerl: Things just calm down:D

hehehehe:devil: I know....

LH_Tuff
12-13-2007, 04:55 PM

What is there to watch? Spread? Been there, done that. :devil: :wave:

Sweetwater Red
12-13-2007, 05:01 PM

I haven't seen either of these teams play. That is why
this is my first post on this thread that has nearly six hundred.:thinking:

waterboy
12-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
You haven't seen a spread run like this one! With discipline and athletes galore.....these Buckeyes can play! Even if you know which play is coming you won't be able to stop it. Get ready for the "machine". You have NO idea!:D

BIGJOHNWAYNE
12-13-2007, 05:06 PM

Not trying to start anything, but the same can be said about the Wing T offense, all you have to do is put your TV on ESPN Classic and watch some games from the 50s and 60s.

LH_Tuff
12-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
You haven't seen a spread run like this one! With discipline and athletes galore.....these Buckeyes can play! Even if you know which play is coming you won't be able to stop it. Get ready for the "machine". You have NO idea!:D

We hear this every week. We run it better than anyone else. We have better athletes. We are way too fast for you. Very familiar theme.

All I know is that there will be 2 teams on the field Saturday that worked very hard to get there. Both teams will give it their all start to finish.

And oh yeah, Liberty Hill will have Gilmer wondering what could of been. :tongue:

LH_Tuff
12-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by BIGJOHNWAYNE
Not trying to start anything, but the same can be said about the Wing T offense, all you have to do is put your TV on ESPN Classic and watch some games from the 50s and 60s.

OK. Please come sit with me Saturday. I challenge you to tell me where the ball is on 90% of the plays.

wimbo_pro
12-13-2007, 05:14 PM
quick question...is there an internet broadcast of this game that ISNT from either Gilmer or LH? I get tired of the biased broadcasts, so if anyone knows of a neutral site, let me know!

buff4ever
12-13-2007, 05:16 PM
GILMER WHO?

How did LH get such a cake walk?

wimbo_pro
12-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
GILMER WHO?

Good Lord....THAT oughta set 'em off for the evening.

clemsmarina
12-13-2007, 05:18 PM

Whatever... I do have to admit that he did give Liberty Hill props though.

I haven't seen any played by Gilmer, and haven't said anything of the sort either. Nor have I tried to let everyone know how much football I've seen, coached or recruited in my lifetime. I also haven't made any BOLD predictions about this game.

I have said this will be one of the best games in 3A this year, and do not think it will be a barn burner like a lot of others.

Going back to sleep now! :D

LH_Tuff
12-13-2007, 05:20 PM
GILMER WHO?

You know Buff, I thought we were playing Abilene Wylie this week. Did AW forfiet last week? :D

BIGJOHNWAYNE
12-13-2007, 05:35 PM
OK. Please come sit with me Saturday. I challenge you to tell me where the ball is on 90% of the plays.

I just have one follow up question, does Liberty Hill have the speed that Abilene Wiley did on Defense? I am actually asking this question because I do not know.

BIGJOHNWAYNE
12-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Oh, and I just wanted to be the first one to yell, 47 hours 24 minutes and counting!!!

waterboy
12-13-2007, 05:37 PM
We hear this every week. We run it better than anyone else. We have better athletes. We are way too fast for you. Very familiar theme.

All I know is that there will be 2 teams on the field Saturday that worked very hard to get there. Both teams will give it their all start to finish.

And oh yeah, Liberty Hill will have Gilmer wondering what could of been. :tongue:
I'm sure you have heard all this before...........but this time it's true! You'll see for yourself come Saturday! After this game........after you recover from shock........will you acknowledge what I told you? Liberty Hill will be wondering why they didn't listen to me. Oh, my........hindsight is always 20-20!:D

BIGJOHNWAYNE
12-13-2007, 05:38 PM
THIS POST IS TO EVERYBODY ON BOTH SIDES, I FEEL LIKE A LITTLE KID ON CHRISTMAS, THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE HELL OF A GAME!!!

Aesculus gilmus
12-13-2007, 05:38 PM
quick question...is there an internet broadcast of this game that ISNT from either Gilmer or LH? I get tired of the biased broadcasts, so if anyone knows of a neutral site, let me know!

It won't exactly be neutral, but I have heard that a radio station (which can also be heard online) in Longview may carry it.

But I don't know whether they are going to have their own broadcast team or just air the Gilmer stream.

http://www.kykx.com

waterboy
12-13-2007, 05:42 PM
GILMER WHO?

More like LH will be walking on egg shells because of the embarassment from the whooping they're gonna take! .:D

BTW, did I hear a thump, thump coming from Giddings way?? Couldn't be! Not the #1 ranked Buffs....playing basketball this early.....no way!:D

LH_Tuff
12-13-2007, 05:44 PM
I just have one follow up question, does Liberty Hill have the speed that Abilene Wiley did on Defense? I am actually asking this question because I do not know.

I have not seen AW play. So, I cannot compare. But LH defense is very quick to the ball. As well, LH will swarm to the ball. There is always 4-5 on the play.

clemsmarina
12-13-2007, 05:45 PM

I have not seen Abilene Wiley, so I can't answer in regards to that...but the Liberty Hill defense is very quick.
You will see them swarming to the ball with 4-6 of them in on and finishing out the tackle. They are very well disciplined with thier tackling, and you will not see any of them hit to knock down, they wrap up and go to the ground with the ball carrier.
They will definitely bring a big hit, but it always includes wrapping up.

N4SIR
12-13-2007, 05:47 PM
GILMER WHO?

How did LH get such a cake walk? Who are the buffaloes playing this week? Oh --- there not!!! They weren't good enough. Have a piece of cake.

BIGJOHNWAYNE
12-13-2007, 05:50 PM
I have not seen Abilene Wiley, so I can't answer in regards to that...but the Liberty Hill defense is very quick.
You will see them swarming to the ball with 4-6 of them in on and finishing out the tackle. They are very well disciplined with thier tackling, and you will not see any of them hit to knock down, they wrap up and go to the ground with the ball carrier.
good, then after hearing that i am definitely looking forward to saturday, defenses bringing the hat!, the ball carriers givin it right back! I think we are in for a brawl (not the kind of brawl that dallas roosevelt is infamous for, but you know what i mean, lol)

clemsmarina
12-13-2007, 05:56 PM
good, then after hearing that i am definitely looking forward to saturday, defenses bringing the hat!, the ball carriers givin it right back! I think we are in for a brawl (not the kind of brawl that dallas roosevelt is infamous for, but you know what i mean, lol)

Yeah, it really will be one heck of a game! One that the two teams will talk about together afterwards, no matter the outcome.

Bigworm
12-13-2007, 06:37 PM

yeah u are right on that one.
Carthage, Navasota, and Pleasanton all said the same thing and look at the result. scored more than 40 on all three of them.
Now Gilmer is saying the same thing.lol. Wimberly has no room to talk either. I think Lh is gonna have to eat some LUCKY charms to win this one I guess???

wimbo_pro
12-13-2007, 06:48 PM
I heard from a LH poster that LH has already ordered their championship rings. Is this true?

(hehehehehe:devil: )

Bigworm
12-13-2007, 06:54 PM
well you get a state ring whether you win or lose I think, and I go to the school but im not on the team but idk.

LH_Tuff
12-13-2007, 06:58 PM
I heard from a LH poster that LH has already ordered their championship rings. Is this true?

(hehehehehe:devil: )

Yeah, I hear the jeweler is in Wimberly. He is not so busy right now. :crying:

LH OffseasonVet
12-13-2007, 07:36 PM
BTW, did I hear a thump, thump coming from Giddings way?? Couldn't be! Not the #1 ranked Buffs....playing basketball this early.....no way!:D

You might be hearing that thump from Giddings, or maybe you're remembering the sound from last year in Gilmer.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.:eek:

wimbo_pro
12-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I hear the jeweler is in Wimberly. He is not so busy right now. :crying:

Good one...but actually, he is. Again, for the third year in a row!!! You need to pay a little more attention!

mrwakelley
12-13-2007, 08:11 PM
whoever you just mentioned really wont be doing much on the sidelines when our offense is eating up all the clock :devil:

LH does what it takes to win this one and make it back to back

Kepp thinkin that the Buckeyes aint nothin and just wait and see your team get ate up and spit out.

mrwakelley
12-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
Theres no hype. Ain't gonna happen. Back to back State Champs.
They are peaking at exactly the right time. Each game is better than the last. LH wins this one.

there is all sorts of hype thinkin your gonna be back to back. What you think your the TATUM Eagles. Heck they were back to back and lookin for a third and gilmer smoked them 71-28 got news for ya gilmer aint a push over team

Bigworm
12-13-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by mrwakelley
Kepp thinkin that the Buckeyes aint nothin and just wait and see your team get ate up and spit out.

hahahaha...got any other jokes???

Old Tiger
12-13-2007, 08:22 PM
both teams are great
only one team can win state
the offenses are vastly different
but they have a common theme
they can move the ball and score
with all that being said
liberty hill wins by 14 points

mrwakelley
12-13-2007, 08:25 PM
I've been to the last 3 Gilmer games and watched Liberty Hill against Cuero this year.

Liberty Hill looked DAMN GOOD in Week 4 and like every other team have continued to improve as the season has progressed.

Gilmer has had to claw their way to victory in these last 2 games. Wylie opened up some huge holes and was able to run right at Gilmer and their "D" and that spells trouble for them against LH as LH will pound the ball all night long and wear that Gilmer D down.

In order for Gilmer to give themselves a shot at staying with and beating LH they will have to eat up some clock time themselves. Running JJ straight ahead behind that huge O-line. He will run into the same problem he did against Wylie if he tries to run side line to side line. Ain't gonna happen against LH defense!

Neither team can afford to turn the ball over and special teams on kick offs are gonna be key! I seriously doubt there will be any punting going on. LOL. I've been wrong before, but I'll be shocked if either team has to punt the ball.

I've been waiting for this game all year and I'm as happy as a kid at Christmas!! :) :) :)

I'll take Liberty Hill by 4

What you think good teams never see hard times ya ever actually watch football. How bout this for example dallas and detroit dallas was undefeated and nearly blew it. So dont set there and think Gilmer is a nobody. And that Justin Johnson can be stopped . Abilene did a good job but there was never just one man doing it. And when he did go straight up the middle it was hell cause he was getting yards. You ever try to break outside and cut up field. If not try it with everyone focusing on you. Either way enough talk Gilmer will show up on the field lookin to win and they know how. Even when times get bad and look like disaster is upon them. Does liberty hill have the ability to say that and come from what looks like a lose to a victory. Dpoubt it from what I have read they had a cake walk to get there just like Gilmer did cause there aint no one good enought to play. So two good teams face off finally.

Old Tiger
12-13-2007, 08:30 PM
What you think good teams never see hard times ya ever actually watch football. How bout this for example dallas and detroit dallas was undefeated and nearly blew it. So dont set there and think Gilmer is a nobody. And that Justin Johnson can be stopped . Abilene did a good job but there was never just one man doing it. And when he did go straight up the middle it was hell cause he was getting yards. You ever try to break outside and cut up field. If not try it with everyone focusing on you. Either way enough talk Gilmer will show up on the field lookin to win and they know how. Even when times get bad and look like disaster is upon them. Does liberty hill have the ability to say that and come from what looks like a lose to a victory. Dpoubt it from what I have read they had a cake walk to get there just like Gilmer did cause there aint no one good enought to play. So two good teams face off finally. LH hasn't seen one tough time except against Rockdale.

mrwakelley
12-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by boudreaux
If Gilmer can throw the ball the Buckeyes win in a close one. Navasota's WR went out with a broken arm killiing the Rattlers chances. Not that Navasota would have won anyway. If Gilmer can throw they can win. If they can't LH wins by 7. Weather may play a role with the south wind. It can give you short punts and very long KO's. Gilmer is on a mission to win what they feel they deserve from last year. But Gilmer's forte aint defense. Their D will have to play well. This is not a thing they do well. People have scored points on the Buckeyes that shouldnt be scoring on a state championship team. Gilmer faced a better team in the semi's with Wylie than LH did vs UnPleasnton. Should be a good game.

did pretty good against abilene the other night I think considering the defense didnt let them get a touchdown but instead kicked for a field goal that went wide

mrwakelley
12-13-2007, 08:35 PM
hahahaha...got any other jokes???

yeah liberty hill thinks they will have a push over team. just aint gonna happen

wtxfootball08
12-13-2007, 08:47 PM
None.... Haven't you heard we are too small and too slow?

I'm pretty sure Celina had about 6 D-I players last year too.

I really don't understand why this keeps being brought up, as it has absolutely nothing to do with this game!

man you need to chill the hell out i am just courious? i think LH is goin to win, but i sure as hell hope not if your going to be like that

Bigworm
12-13-2007, 08:51 PM
yeah liberty hill thinks they will have a push over team. just aint gonna happen

nobody said anything about a pushover but you gotta recognize sarcasm when you see it.:wave:

mrwakelley
12-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Well that's no fun.

Liberty Hill, you're not really expecting to beat the Buckeyes, are you? Do yourself a favor and lower your expectations a bit. It'll dull the shock when you lose. 42-21 Final

And Gilmer, all your D-I players are gonna get knocked out of the game. What a bunch of panzies.

I sat here reading this lmao. Panzies. I got money that says you aint got the nuts to tell those D-1 players that to their faces. Cause they would smooth run your ASS over.

Old Tiger
12-13-2007, 09:01 PM
yeah liberty hill thinks they will have a push over team. just aint gonna happen They will.

Bigworm
12-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Those D1 players aint gonna be D1 after LH makes them look like pop warner. jk

mrwakelley
12-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Looking at both teams roads to the finals. Gilmer has had a tougher road and has had to put up a fight the last couple of weeks. Liberty Hills road has been somewhat easy, partly because of how good they are, but it doesn't appear that they have had to played a true top ten opponent. Some teams are not affected by this and maybe it won't hurt LH, but if this game is a close physical battle, I'll take Gilmer because of the last two weeks.

I loved seeing this quote. Made me think to myself that Liberty Hill is a lot like Tatum Eagles. Nothing against Tatum but they wouldnt be lookin for a three peat if they were still in 3A. Sounds to me like LH has moved into a cake walk till they meet Gilmer in Waco and find out how real East Texas football is.

lynx_rufus
12-13-2007, 09:05 PM
I don't know how it will happen, but this game will go down in history.

Celina wins this one.

Can anybody else recall a football game where two state finalists simultaneously lose to the other division's semi-finalist?

Sorry, but I was cocky enough on the other thread. Some of it was bound to spill over here! :D

Old Tiger
12-13-2007, 09:07 PM
I loved seeing this quote. Made me think to myself that Liberty Hill is a lot like Tatum Eagles. Nothing against Tatum but they wouldnt be lookin for a three peat if they were still in 3A. Sounds to me like LH has moved into a cake walk till they meet Gilmer in Waco and find out how real East Texas football is. LH played in Region III that is no cake walk. Region II is more of a cake walk than region III.

Bigworm
12-13-2007, 09:11 PM
I loved seeing this quote. Made me think to myself that Liberty Hill is a lot like Tatum Eagles. Nothing against Tatum but they wouldnt be lookin for a three peat if they were still in 3A. Sounds to me like LH has moved into a cake walk till they meet Gilmer in Waco and find out how real East Texas football is.

This guy has no idea what Central Texas is all about obviously....

mrwakelley
12-13-2007, 09:11 PM
i agree with all of that waterboy, i can speak for the whole town when i say that no one in this town thinks that it is going to be a easy win. everyone of us is open to the fact that it is going to be a very, very tough game. And i feel you when it comes to the almost majical aura (spelling), last years LH team had that about them it seemed like. However this year, this group of guys take "machine" to a whole nother level, they go out and EXECUTE like you have never seen.

its going to be interesting for these 2 reasons: LH has not faced a offensive unit with this much proven fire power; Gilmer has a handful of speed that is going to be a challenge.

Gilmer has never seen the SLOT T. There is no other way around it, Gilmer is not going to know where the ball is. And that my friends is going to be a very funny occurance throughout the game.

LH has seen speed, Gilmer might claim that we havnt seen their speed, but speed is speed folks. But our slot T is unlike anything else, ADVANTAGE PANTHERS
:D

Why is it that everyone thinks Gilmer is so stupid they cant find the ball. I just dont get it. These boys are like blood hounds huntin a escaped prisoner. They sniff the ball out everytime. And about this misdirection from Abilene. There was no misdirection. Gilmer isnt a band of retards roaming the field. I was at every playoff game so far and I was there at the last one Gilmer played. And never once did I see Abilene play misdirection that totally blew me away or the Gilmer D. Same old crap they run in jr high.

Old Tiger
12-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Why is it that everyone thinks Gilmer is so stupid they cant find the ball. I just dont get it. These boys are like blood hounds huntin a escaped prisoner. They sniff the ball out everytime. And about this misdirection from Abilene. There was no misdirection. Gilmer isnt a band of retards roaming the field. I was at every playoff game so far and I was there at the last one Gilmer played. And never once did I see Abilene play misdirection that totally blew me away or the Gilmer D. Same old crap they run in jr high. They will not sniff out LH's trickery. That statement is dumb. Please just quit posting. You are bringing shame to Gilmer and those people from Gilmer who post on this site.

mrwakelley
12-13-2007, 09:16 PM
I certainly can appreciate this well informed post. For months any true LH fan has seen something special about OUR boys, but alas, it is apparent we were wrong. :( It seems that Gilmer has the lock on special. :weeping:

Now, when you have some spare time, could you come up with a good speech for me to give my son regarding why he has no chance Saturday? I'd appreciate it greatly.

Heres a speech a short one but a speech none the less. Tell your son its not his fault he had no chance but that Gilmer showed up.

Bigworm
12-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
They will not sniff out LH's trickery. That statement is dumb. Please just quit posting. You are bringing shame to Gilmer and those people from Gilmer who post on this site.

you recieve a standing ovation :clap: :clap:

Txbroadcaster
12-13-2007, 09:20 PM
LH played in Region III that is no cake walk. Region II is more of a cake walk than region III.

While I agree..I do think LH had an easier road IN THE PLAY-OFFS than Gilmer

Not that it will be a factor in the game or anything

mrwakelley
12-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Hill Man
LH will set up the run by............ steping on the field...

Don't have playoff stats but for the year thru the playoffs
Gonzales (Gonzo) 2139 yds, Allman 1629 yds, Gavin 677 yds, Troxell 464 yds, Lattimore 462 yds, then six more with 176 yds.
5605 yds and 77 tds

Throws the ball when it counts the most - 607 yds and just 16 completions --- 8 TDs

Is that all that LH has is a run game. Umm such a shame I keep hearing about this run game and not much pass. I cant wait to hear this game on listen live and watch it when I get back home. Lamar Harris and Houston running down field catching awesome passes and the Bus and Jeremy making sweet runs up the middle and to the outside. What will bore me though is when LH has the ball and all I hear is so and so on the carry everytime.

duckpluck
12-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Snow plays guard. Marlow plays End. Wont see much of each other.

Old Tiger
12-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Is that all that LH has is a run game. Umm such a shame I keep hearing about this run game and not much pass. I cant wait to hear this game on listen live and watch it when I get back home. Lamar Harris and Houston running down field catching awesome passes and the Bus and Jeremy making sweet runs up the middle and to the outside. What will bore me though is when LH has the ball and all I hear is so and so on the carry everytime. LH has as many if not more explosive plays than any team in the state from just the run game. They are truly exciting to watch. You show lack of football knowledge

duckpluck
12-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Gilmer
W 39-0 over Richwood (LA) (6-5 record) playoff team in 3A Louisiana
W 71-28 over 2A Tatum (13-1 record and still playing in 2A.
W 35-12 over 2A Daingerfield (9-3 record) playoff team in 2A
W 63-6 over 3A Center (1-9 record)
W 42-14 over 3A Atlanta (2-8 record)
W 59-7 over Gladewater Sabine (1-9 record)
W 63-7 over White Oak (1-9 record)
W 52-0 over Mineola (6-5 record) playoff team
W 65-7 over Longview Spring Hill (7-4 record) playoff team
W 53-17 over Gladewater (3-7 record)
W 41-26 over Liberty Eylau (5-6 record)
W 35-28 over Mabank (6-6 record)
W 42-36 over Dallas Roosevelt (11-2 record)
W 28-21 over Wylie (11-3 record)

LIBERTY HILL
W 33-13 over 3A Waco Connally (5-5 record)
W 34-17 over 4A Burnet (5-6 record) playoff team
W 70-7 over 3A Gatesville (2-8 record)
W 49-35 over 3A Cuero (12-2 record) playoff team and still playing
W 35-10 over 3A Wimberly (6-7 record) playoff team
W 37-25 over Rockdale (4-7 record) playoff team.
W 52-7 over Hutto (4-5 record)
W 52-7 over Taylor (2-8 record)
W 63-14 over Cameron Yoe (5-6 record) playoff team.
W 42-14 over Robinson (6-5 record)
W 41-14 over Carthage (9-3 record)
W 48-14 over Navasota (9-4 record)
W 49-7 over Pleasanton (11-3 record)

Bigworm
12-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Is that all that LH has is a run game. Umm such a shame I keep hearing about this run game and not much pass. I cant wait to hear this game on listen live and watch it when I get back home. Lamar Harris and Houston running down field catching awesome passes and the Bus and Jeremy making sweet runs up the middle and to the outside. What will bore me though is when LH has the ball and all I hear is so and so on the carry everytime.

This has to be the funniest post I think Ive seen so far, Is this guy for real?

mrwakelley
12-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Gilmer's strength on offense is their offensive line. That is the only thing that sets them apart from teams like Carthage and Navasota. They have an athletic QB who can run or throw, a couple of good receivers to throw it to, and a good running back. Johnson isn't any better than Pratt from Navasota. He just has better blocking. The Buckeyes have relied on the run to carry them through the playoffs, but they still toss it around some, too, which has also hurt them at times.

I think one slight advantage that we have coming into this game is that we have seen similar types of offenses with similar types of players. Gilmer, on the other hand, has not faced anything like our slot-T. We'll be in a defense very similar to what we've been doing all year. Gilmer will be doing something entirely new. In a game that is going to be decided with defense, that could play a huge role. How good will their defensive gameplan be and how well will their players execute it?

Because of their O-line, Gilmer will be the best offensive team we've faced since Cuero, so they are going to move the ball and score points. I do feel, however, that we have faced better defenses, so I fully expect to continue to roll up the yards and the points. There's a lot that could impact the final score, but I'll go ahead and throw out my prediction.

LH 42, Gilmer 28

You are so misinformed. The bus does not need the oline to be able to run great. I have watched him pass his blockers up be snagged up by two or three tacklers and still move down field. So has godfrey. And why does everybody think gilmer is gone do some special plays they will be doing the same thing they always do. Play d and when needed put the big o line players in when needed. And they really aint relying on the run their uping the Buses stats. Cause Jeremy Jackson is a hell of a running back. Able to produce yards just like the bus. But he has not been on the field because of this.

mrwakelley
12-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by tdsteele
The Johnson kid could play behind any line. While their line is excellent, that kid is a special special case of raw power and speed. While not as speedy as A. Peterson, he has every bit of his power, and AP did not play behind a great line at Palestine.

Not to step on your toes but Bus has the speed. My sister in law goes to school with him and told me he was in a car wreck and hurt his hip before the playoffs. He has still been playing great though. Just looks like he is moving slow. But when he finally does breakout he is gone.

mrwakelley
12-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by RKTech
Something is not adding up here.. I know logic has no place on these message boards.. but, I hear some on the board claiming that Gilmer's strength is the O Line and a running offense..

If that is the case, would it not stand to reason that this would bode for a more 'ball control', get out ahead early, style of offense..similar to LH? I mean if there O line is so dominant over their competition thru the playoffs, why were they having to come from behind so much?

Were their 'comebacks' achieved with long slow ground attacks? I have not seen any of their games so I don't know, thats why I am asking.. All I have seen is the box scores here and there..

Negative Gilmers come back against Abilene was a 32 yard mad dash by Godfrey and then a short pass to Lamar Harris with a awesome block by Justin Johnson for him to be able to sprint untouched down the side line for that victory. And against Dallas Roosevelt Gilmer still aired it out.

mrwakelley
12-13-2007, 09:50 PM
This has to be the funniest post I think Ive seen so far, Is this guy for real?

Im so for real Gilmer when I also say Gilmer will be in their face all night long in Waco.

mrwakelley
12-13-2007, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Go Blue
LH has as many if not more explosive plays than any team in the state from just the run game. They are truly exciting to watch. You show lack of football knowledge [/QUOTE

Your about lost aint ya. Sayin I have lack of knowledge of football. Didnt ya read everything I wrote. Ya know the part about all I keep hearing about is this run game LH has. Please feel free to go back and read it. I know football but I havent heard anything about LH having some bad ass passing game.

Bigworm
12-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Im so for real Gilmer when I also say Gilmer will be in their face all night long in Waco.

I doubt it

clemsmarina
12-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by wtxfootball08
man you need to chill the hell out i am just courious? i think LH is goin to win, but i sure as hell hope not if your going to be like that

Dude, I got something you can chill out on...getting over yourself!!! Be like what? Since when do I need your permission to comment?

Old Tiger
12-13-2007, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Go Blue
LH has as many if not more explosive plays than any team in the state from just the run game. They are truly exciting to watch. You show lack of football knowledge [/QUOTE

Your about lost aint ya. Sayin I have lack of knowledge of football. Didnt ya read everything I wrote. Ya know the part about all I keep hearing about is this run game LH has. Please feel free to go back and read it. I know football but I havent heard anything about LH having some bad ass passing game. When LH does pass they are usually exlosive plays of 20 yards or more. In the games I've seen LH play they've had a 60 yard TD pass, 75 yard TD pass, and in the semi game they had another 70 yarder. Seeing as you will be listening to the game instead of going lets us know you are just an internet fan. So please don't bother posting anymore and spare Gilmer the embarassment of you.

Each game LH has anywhere from 10-20 explosive run plays and 1-5 explosive pass plays.

44INAROW
12-13-2007, 10:26 PM
LH hasn't seen one tough time except against Rockdale.

hhmmm you sure about that?;)

Old Tiger
12-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
hhmmm you sure about that?;) Yall lost by 14....we lost by 12. We were leading at halftime :p

mrwakelley
12-13-2007, 10:41 PM
When LH does pass they are usually exlosive plays of 20 yards or more. In the games I've seen LH play they've had a 60 yard TD pass, 75 yard TD pass, and in the semi game they had another 70 yarder. Seeing as you will be listening to the game instead of going lets us know you are just an internet fan. So please don't bother posting anymore and spare Gilmer the embarassment of you.

Each game LH has anywhere from 10-20 explosive run plays and 1-5 explosive pass plays.

Actually I am not just an internet fan. I graduated from Gilmer. I have went to all the playoff games this season. And the reason I have to listen to it live is because I work overseas in Malabo, Equitoral Guinea in the oilfields and had to come back to work before being able to see Gilmer walk up and down the field on LH thank you very much. So please try and do yourself a favor and think before you write stupidity. And how did you say it. Spare LH the embarassment of you.

Old Tiger
12-13-2007, 10:46 PM
Actually I am not just an internet fan. I graduated from Gilmer. I have went to all the playoff games this season. And the reason I have to listen to it live is because I work overseas in Malabo, Equitoral Guinea in the oilfields and had to come back to work before being able to see Gilmer walk up and down the field on LH thank you very much. So please try and do yourself a favor and think before you write stupidity. And how did you say it. Spare LH the embarassment of you. I'm not from LH. ;)

mrwakelley
12-13-2007, 10:47 PM
oh yeah and if ya need help finding that on a map. Which you probably will considering your lack of intelligence. Its on the West side of Africa near Cameroon on the small island. Not the main land Equitoral Guinea. But the island of Equitoral Guinea. If ya need me to I can Google Earth it for ya and send ya a picture.

44INAROW
12-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Yall lost by 14....we lost by 12. We were leading at halftime :p
no doubt, I offer no argument there - but you said "LH hasn't seen one tough time EXCEPT Rockdale." splitting hairs with 2 points.. but that was more than 2 months ago - has no bearing on the games this weekend.. I'm just giving you a hard time.. Come on Saturday :D

Old Tiger
12-13-2007, 10:50 PM
no doubt, I offer no argument there - but you said "LH hasn't seen one tough time EXCEPT Rockdale." splitting hairs with 2 points.. but that was more than 2 months ago - has no bearing on the games this weekend.. I'm just giving you a hard time.. Come on Saturday :D 2 points could win a ball gam! haha

I know 44 no pun was intended toward you! I have respect for a "guy" like you. lol

mrwakelley
12-13-2007, 10:52 PM
welp folks i have had a blast talkin trash with everyone and to everyone. but it is 450 in the am here in beautiful EG and it is way past my bed time. See yall next time. oh and one last thing for Go Blue. I cant resist saying this. If your not from LH then why you got anything to say about Gilmer or LH. Just messin with ya. Had fun talkin to everyone.

N4SIR
12-13-2007, 11:28 PM

Each game LH has anywhere from 10-20 explosive run plays and 1-5 explosive pass plays. That won't be enough.

Old Tiger
12-13-2007, 11:37 PM
That won't be enough. lol...Usually in a game there are only 7 or 8 explosive plays. LH averages more than 10. lol

N4SIR
12-13-2007, 11:47 PM
lol...Usually in a game there are only 7 or 8 explosive plays. LH averages more than 10. lol Like I said --- that won't be enough.

OldBison75
12-13-2007, 11:48 PM
It just amazes me that people on this thread get so hyped up. I have said before and will say it again-fans are supposed to think thier team is unbeatable and will win. If they don't, they are no true fans.

That said, I still believe that LH will play the tougher defense and the swarming style will "control" the Gilmer offense. They might not snuff it out, but they are capable of minimizing the big plays.
I don't think Gilmer can afford not to score on almost every possession because LH will eat clock and finish drives most times with a score. Gilmer fans--I ain't saying you can't win--I'm saying that I believe everyting has to go right on every play for it to happen. Is Gilmer capable of a nearly perfect game-NO DOUBT! But I think that LH will cause some mistakes and then take advantage by eating clock and scoring.

Panther One
12-14-2007, 12:06 AM
no doubt, I offer no argument there - but you said "LH hasn't seen one tough time EXCEPT Rockdale." splitting hairs with 2 points.. but that was more than 2 months ago - has no bearing on the games this weekend.. I'm just giving you a hard time.. Come on Saturday :D
There's been only one game this year that I was worried about losing during the game, and it wasn't Rockdale. It was Cuero. Rockdale may have been the closest game on the scoreboard, but it wasn't on the field. I was never worried in that one. I was a little disgusted at how we played, but not worried. Had we played against Cuero like we did against Rockdale, we would have lost by 14+. Neither Cuero nor Rockdale made us punt, though, so one could argue that other teams actually gave us a tougher time defensively. :D

Ranger Mom
12-14-2007, 12:36 AM
I am leaving West Texas around 8:00 AM Saturday morning, I hope this is a good, close, slobberknocking game that comes down to the wire....with LH winning in the end, of course...no offense to Gilmer!! :p

LHPantherfanII
12-14-2007, 12:53 AM
It's about to be Friday in 8 more minutes then ... there is only one more day until SATURDAY!!!:cheerl:

Scrambler
12-14-2007, 01:08 AM

Lol, that sounds exactly how Wylie kids are taught to play defense. My son has told me exactly those words.

29-3aFAN
12-14-2007, 04:38 AM
Liberty Hill by 14. Liberty Hill plays keep away and capitalizes on a couple turnovers.

LH_Tuff
12-14-2007, 06:32 AM
You are so misinformed. The bus does not need the oline to be able to run great. I have watched him pass his blockers up be snagged up by two or three tacklers and still move down field. So has godfrey. And why does everybody think gilmer is gone do some special plays they will be doing the same thing they always do. Play d and when needed put the big o line players in when needed. And they really aint relying on the run their uping the Buses stats. Cause Jeremy Jackson is a hell of a running back. Able to produce yards just like the bus. But he has not been on the field because of this.

Don't you have finals to study for?

KingRob
12-14-2007, 07:26 AM
Liberty Hill will repeat. But I'm sure Gilmer will give them a game before LH wears them out.

LH - 35
Gilmer - 20

Good luck to both teams!

waterboy
12-14-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
It just amazes me that people on this thread get so hyped up. I have said before and will say it again-fans are supposed to think thier team is unbeatable and will win. If they don't, they are no true fans.

That said, I still believe that LH will play the tougher defense and the swarming style will "control" the Gilmer offense. They might not snuff it out, but they are capable of minimizing the big plays.
I don't think Gilmer can afford not to score on almost every possession because LH will eat clock and finish drives most times with a score. Gilmer fans--I ain't saying you can't win--I'm saying that I believe everyting has to go right on every play for it to happen. Is Gilmer capable of a nearly perfect game-NO DOUBT! But I think that LH will cause some mistakes and then take advantage by eating clock and scoring.
Turn these statements around and you have what will happen to Liberty Hill Saturday. Liberty Hill still has a chance to win this game.....if they play near perfect. I don't think Liberty Hill can afford to not score on every possession because Gilmer will finish every, or nearly every, drive with a TD. Is LH capable of a perfect game-NO DOUBT, because that's what it's gonna take to beat these Buckeyes!:D

LH_Tuff
12-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Turn these statements around and you have what will happen to Liberty Hill Saturday. Liberty Hill still has a chance to win this game.....if they play near perfect. I don't think Liberty Hill can afford to not score on every possession because Gilmer will finish every, or nearly every, drive with a TD. Is LH capable of a perfect game-NO DOUBT, because that's what it's gonna take to beat these Buckeyes!:D

Champions keep playing until they get it right.

waterboy
12-14-2007, 09:02 AM
yeah u are right on that one.
Carthage, Navasota, and Pleasanton all said the same thing and look at the result. scored more than 40 on all three of them.
Now Gilmer is saying the same thing.lol. Wimberly has no room to talk either. I think Lh is gonna have to eat some LUCKY charms to win this one I guess???
:D I'm baaaack! Did y'all miss me??

Here y'all go again. I cannot stress this enough: THIS IS GILMER.....not Carthage, Navasota, or Pleasanton.......the result WILL be a loss for Liberty Hill.....and y'all WILL NOT score 40 on the blackflag defense. Eating all the "LUCKY charms" in the world ain't gonna soften the shock of this loss for Liberty Hill. The Panthers have NO IDEA what they will be up against this Saturday!:D

LH_Tuff
12-14-2007, 09:05 AM

Here y'all go again. I cannot stress this enough: THIS IS GILMER.....not Carthage, Navasota, or Pleasanton.......the result WILL be a loss for Liberty Hill.....and y'all WILL NOT score 40 on the blackflag defense. Eating all the "LUCKY charms" in the world ain't gonna soften the shock of this loss for Liberty Hill. The Panthers have NO IDEA what they will be up against this Saturday!:D

Carthage, Navasota, Pleasanton...:hand:

waterboy
12-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Champions keep playing until they get it right.
:D :D :D You're right.:clap: :clap: :clap: :D

waterboy
12-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Carthage, Navasota, Pleasanton...:hand:
:eek::eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Old Tiger
12-14-2007, 09:18 AM

Here y'all go again. I cannot stress this enough: THIS IS GILMER.....not Carthage, Navasota, or Pleasanton.......the result WILL be a loss for Liberty Hill.....and y'all WILL NOT score 40 on the blackflag defense. Eating all the "LUCKY charms" in the world ain't gonna soften the shock of this loss for Liberty Hill. The Panthers have NO IDEA what they will be up against this Saturday!:D Who are you? I never even knew you were here or gone.

LH810
12-14-2007, 09:22 AM

you obviously have no idea either so we can both go in as idiots ........and witness LH open up a can on gilmer:D

waterboy
12-14-2007, 09:32 AM
you obviously have no idea either so we can both go in as idiots ........and witness LH open up a can on gilmer:D
I never knew Kleenex came in a can! Save the crying for AFTER the game!:D

Bigworm
12-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Tears of joy from winning!

waterboy
12-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Who are you? I never even knew you were here or gone.
:evillol: :evillol: hee...hee!:D

waterboy
12-14-2007, 09:39 AM
Tears of joy from winning!
:D You keep telling yourself that....even after you lose. Maybe it'll soften the shock of losing........denial, there's something to that!:D

ShortDog68
12-14-2007, 09:40 AM
I am looking forward to the game. I predict LH by 21 points.

The secondary has seen the spread all year long. Nuthin new.

Offense has some new stuff. Psyche!!!!

GATA!!!!

:mad: :thinking: :D

LH810
12-14-2007, 09:45 AM
:D You keep telling yourself that....even after you lose. Maybe it'll soften the shock of losing........denial, there's something to that!:D

gilmers D will not be able to stop our running game. its already over

LH-42
Gilmer-28

BIGJOHNWAYNE
12-14-2007, 09:45 AM
I dont believe that Liberty Hill will "wear the buckeyes out", because Gilmer has had to do what Liberty Hill hasn't this post season, and that is come back to win in the second half! That is only accomplished by conditioning, and year after year Gilmer is one of the best (if not the best) conditioned teams in the state 1-5A, bar none. I think the Liberty Hill secondary better be running gassers from now until the game just to build up some stamina so they can keep up with the Buckeyes wide receivers for 4 quarters.

clemsmarina
12-14-2007, 09:49 AM
I dont believe that Liberty Hill will "wear the buckeyes out", because Gilmer has had to do what Liberty Hill hasn't this post season, and that is come back to win in the second half! That is only accomplished by conditioning, and year after year Gilmer is one of the best (if not the best) conditioned teams in the state 1-5A, bar none. I think the Liberty Hill secondary better be running gassers from now until the game just to build up some stamina so they can keep up with the Buckeyes wide receivers for 4 quarters.

This is another statement that could go either way. We haven't seen Gilmer play, but we have seen Liberty Hill, and they NEVER get tired. Conditioning will not be an issue on the home side of the field... It will be fun to wach!!!

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2007, 09:50 AM
I think the Liberty Hill secondary better be running gassers from now until the game just to build up some stamina so they can keep up with the Buckeyes wide receivers for 4 quarters.
Secondary???? Shoot, our entire team LIVES for gassers. :D

Bigworm
12-14-2007, 09:52 AM
Our secondary is great. look for #1.:) :)

Daddy D 11
12-14-2007, 09:54 AM
gotta love when people from gilmer get names and jump on this thread and hijack it with stupidity:rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
12-14-2007, 09:55 AM
oh yeah and if ya need help finding that on a map. Which you probably will considering your lack of intelligence. Its on the West side of Africa near Cameroon on the small island. Not the main land Equitoral Guinea. But the island of Equitoral Guinea. If ya need me to I can Google Earth it for ya and send ya a picture.
dude we dont care where you work :) hate to break it to you, but it does nothing for any of us, thanks though

BIGJOHNWAYNE
12-14-2007, 09:56 AM
This is another statement that could go either way. We haven't seen Gilmer play, but we have seen Liberty Hill, and they NEVER get tired. Conditioning will not be an issue on the home side of the field... It will be fun to wach!!!

Touche clems, I agree it could go either way, I was impressed with Liberty Hill when i watched them this year vs Cuero, but I think Gilmer's conditioning is on a different level, and unlike most people on here I have seen both teams play this year. Its going to be a great game!

Daddy D 11
12-14-2007, 09:58 AM
this is an interesting opinion johnwayne :rolleyes:

N4SIR
12-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Champions keep playing until they get it right. Yeah, and your team will have all next year to keep playing and practicing trying to figure out what went wrong in there loss to the Buckeyes.

BIGJOHNWAYNE
12-14-2007, 10:00 AM
I believe if we combined Liberty Hill's and Gilmer's teams into one team, and ran half spread, half Wing T, I dont think there is any high school team in the nation that could compete. Anyone agree or disagree?

Daddy D 11
12-14-2007, 10:00 AM
only you would know N4SIR, after losing to LE last year :clap:

LH810
12-14-2007, 10:01 AM
I believe if we combined Liberty Hill's and Gilmer's teams into one team, and ran half spread, half Wing T, I dont think there is any high school team in the nation that could compete. Anyone agree or disagree?

i agree
we have the steamrollers and gilmer has the speed

Daddy D 11
12-14-2007, 10:02 AM
you gotta add Celina's defense in that mixture.

but then again, the Gilmer Buckeyes are the most conditioned team in the state "bar none" and we could just play their starting offense the whole entire game both ways and shut everyone out :p

N4SIR
12-14-2007, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LH810
[B]gilmers D will not be able to stop our running game. its already over
LH will not be able to stop our pass offense or contain our speed.
Gilmer 28
LH 21

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2007, 10:03 AM
i agree
we have the steamrollers
LOL! I like that! :D

BIGJOHNWAYNE
12-14-2007, 10:03 AM
I only suggest this because I believe with Gilmer's Superstar Athletic talent and conditioning, combined with Liberty Hill's execution and machine-like precision would make for the perfect football team.

waterboy
12-14-2007, 10:04 AM
gotta love when people from gilmer get names and jump on this thread and hijack it with stupidity:rolleyes:
:mad: Why is it we can't all agree that Gilmer will win this game??!! Talk about stupidity!!:D

LH810
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LH810
[B]gilmers D will not be able to stop our running game. its already over
LH will not be able to stop our pass offense or contain our speed.
Gilmer 28
LH 21

we have heard about teams speed the last three weeks
i think we have proven that speed is not an issue

N4SIR
I dont believe that Liberty Hill will "wear the buckeyes out", because Gilmer has had to do what Liberty Hill hasn't this post season, and that is come back to win in the second half! That is only accomplished by conditioning, and year after year Gilmer is one of the best (if not the best) conditioned teams in the state 1-5A, bar none. I think the Liberty Hill secondary better be running gassers from now until the game just to build up some stamina so they can keep up with the Buckeyes wide receivers for 4 quarters. You LH fans better listen up. BIGJOHNWAYNE is wise beyond his number of posts.

Daddy D 11
your funny :rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
12-14-2007, 10:06 AM
You LH fans better listen up. BIGJOHNWAYNE is wise beyond his number of posts.
i think you said something along those lines about some other gilmer poster earlier in the week:thinking: what is the whole town filled with football gurus:confused:

BIGJOHNWAYNE
12-14-2007, 10:06 AM
i think you said something along those lines about some other gilmer poster earlier in the week:thinking: what is the whole town filled with football gurus:confused:

I only have one word in reply, YES!

Daddy D 11
12-14-2007, 10:07 AM
I only have one word in reply, YES!

that sentence is alot longer than one word :D

waterboy
gilmers D will not be able to stop our running game. its already over

LH-42
Gilmer-28
:evillol: Okay.......you keep thinking that!! Already over?? Believe me when I tell you this......it's just begun! I don't hear no fat lady....do you??:D

Bigworm
:mad: Why is it we can't all agree that Gilmer will win this game??!! Talk about stupidity!!:D

East Texas= I.Q goes down...:crazy: jk

N4SIR
12-14-2007, 10:08 AM
i think you said something along those lines about some other gilmer poster earlier in the week:thinking: what is the whole town filled with football gurus:confused: Your just a tad off -- Pasdaddy said that about me. It was such a good line I couldn't resist using it myself.

BIGJOHNWAYNE
12-14-2007, 10:09 AM
I was thinking, shoulnt Vincent McNeil Jr from Dallas Roosevelt be playing basketball, and shouldnt his name be Latrell Sprewell, because of his violence on coaches??? hmm.

LH810
12-14-2007, 10:09 AM
:evillol: Okay.......you keep thinking that!! Already over?? Believe me when I tell you this......it's just begun! I don't hear no fat lady....do you??:D

she has been singing since the pleasonton game

BIGJOHNWAYNE
12-14-2007, 10:10 AM
that sentence is alot longer than one word :D

lol, I said yes that we were all football gurus, maybe not so much on the math and grammar side of things. lol

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2007, 10:11 AM
:( I've tried to be quiet, honest.

N4SIR
12-14-2007, 10:12 AM
i agree
we have the steamrollers and gilmer has the speed Speed will beat the steamroller anyday of the week. You gotta catch us before you can steamroll us --- and that ain't gonna happen.

pirate4state
12-14-2007, 10:12 AM
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.......:crazy1:

"my team is better" --- "no, mine is!" "no, mine is b/c i said so!" "we are undefeated" "hey, so are we" "you've never seen a team like gilmer/lh"

good grief....

I really hope to see alot of you newbies back here no later than Monday to eat your crow for all these INSANE predictions and boasts I've seen on this thread!!

lostaussie
12-14-2007, 10:16 AM

"my team is better" --- "no, mine is!" "no, mine is b/c i said so!" "we are undefeated" "hey, so are we" "you've never seen a team like gilmer/lh"

good grief....

I really hope to see alot of you newbies back here no later than Monday to eat your crow for all these INSANE predictions and boasts I've seen on this thread!! only the winners will be back:doh:

waterboy
12-14-2007, 10:30 AM
East Texas= I.Q goes down...:crazy: jk
Central Texas= I.Q. in the single digits. :eek: jk:D

BIGJOHNWAYNE
12-14-2007, 10:32 AM

good grief....

I really hope to see alot of you newbies back here no later than Monday to eat your crow for all these INSANE predictions and boasts I've seen on this thread!!
um, last time i checked this was a "Division I State Championship - Liberty Hill(13-0) vs. Gilmer Buckeyes(14-0)" thread, so Id suggest either pick a side or leave. And remember "Apathy is the glove into which evil slips its hand!" lol

waterboy
12-14-2007, 10:38 AM
You might want to tell your girl friend to stop singing!!;) :p jk:D

Aesculus gilmus
12-14-2007, 10:40 AM
I was thinking, shoulnt Vincent McNeil Jr from Dallas Roosevelt be playing basketball, and shouldnt his name be Latrell Sprewell, because of his violence on coaches??? hmm.

You have slandered this young man's name. He was wearing No. 1 that night. He had previously worn No. 7. I still am not sure who No. 7 was. Clearly he was the one who slugged Coach Pate.

Ranger Mom
12-14-2007, 10:41 AM

good grief....

Biggest case of MDIBTY I have seen in a long while!!:p

BIGJOHNWAYNE
12-14-2007, 10:44 AM
You have slandered this young man's name. He was wearing No. 1 that night. He had previously worn No. 7. I still am not sure who No. 7 was. Clearly he was the one who slugged Coach Pate.
ok then, I apologize, then I switch my comment from "Vincent McNeil", to "Dallas Roosevelt #7". once again I apologize, but Vincent McNeil is an awesome athlete.

firstcat
12-14-2007, 10:44 AM
I had one of the sophomore starter's Mom in my office on Monday and she told me that the sophomore class had never lost a game. They start in the 7th grade here. Sounds like LH and Gilmer have a good chance to see each other this late in the year for a while. That will be cool. We have a few good local rivalries, but a December rivalry would take the cake.:clap: :clap: :clap:

That is awesome! This is going to be the game of all games!
Do the Gilmer fans really get into the game? The LH fans are the best I've seen (and it isn't because I am one of them), we just haven't met many this year that have made much noise from the other side of the field.

DaHop72
12-14-2007, 10:45 AM

I really hope to see alot of you newbies back here no later than Monday to eat your crow for all these INSANE predictions and boasts I've seen on this thread!! :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

pirate4state
12-14-2007, 10:46 AM
um, last time i checked this was a "Division I State Championship - Liberty Hill(13-0) vs. Gilmer Buckeyes(14-0)" thread, so Id suggest either pick a side or leave. And remember "Apathy is the glove into which evil slips its hand!" lol

http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif

Big Bad John Wayne has spoken :rolleyes: GMAB!! :hand:

firstcat
12-14-2007, 10:50 AM
hehehehe:devil: I know....

Hey Wimpie!!
It just doesn't get as good as the old LH vs Wimperley threads does it? Remember the re-writings of the real men of genius ads...those were toooooo funny!
Good to see you still hanging around, I KNOW you must secretely be a Panther fan...

N4SIR
12-14-2007, 10:51 AM
That is awesome! This is going to be the game of all games!
Do the Gilmer fans really get into the game? The LH fans are the best I've seen (and it isn't because I am one of them), we just haven't met many this year that have made much noise from the other side of the field. Gilmer fans are awesome too, and they will turn out in force. I gotta give cudos to the Abilene Wylie fans. Up to this point, they have been the best I have seen this year. They were great and gracious in defeat. Great program.

charlesrixey
12-14-2007, 10:54 AM
this one should be so good, i might have to put my wife's laptop next to mine and listen to both games at the same time!

waterboy
12-14-2007, 11:03 AM
:thinking: Hmmm......for the second week in a row Gilmer is the underdog.....:thinking: That's a first! Never mind, it'll be the same result as last week.:thumbsup: I like it! I like this underdog thing!:D

44INAROW
12-14-2007, 11:06 AM

wow P4S - after only 2 days of posting and BigJohn is already giving your suggestions :eek: :eek: :eek: :nerd: :nerd:

pirate4state
12-14-2007, 11:09 AM
wow P4S - after only 2 days of posting and BigJohn is already giving your suggestions :eek: :eek: :eek: :nerd: :nerd: If he'd bother to read anything he would have figured out I have picked a side!!

firstcat
12-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Why is it that everyone thinks Gilmer is so stupid they cant find the ball. I just dont get it. These boys are like blood hounds huntin a escaped prisoner. They sniff the ball out everytime. And about this misdirection from Abilene. There was no misdirection. Gilmer isnt a band of retards roaming the field. I was at every playoff game so far and I was there at the last one Gilmer played. And never once did I see Abilene play misdirection that totally blew me away or the Gilmer D. Same old crap they run in jr high.

well, not to get technical, but prison bloodhounds track and tree the most "recent" scent, whether it is the right one or not. So, using your analogy, with all the misdirection, you bloodhounds are going to be dog tired of chasing the wrong "scent".

Texasfootball2
12-14-2007, 11:12 AM

good grief....

It is quite INSANE:foul: Pir4st. It would be a shame if one team blew the other out after all the "smack talk". If it does live up to it's billing and someone wins 42-40, are we going to have to listen to 1000 excuses's, Why's and "What IF's". Or "that call" or "no call", on Monday. I hope the loser of this game can follow the lead of the Wylie fans this week and just congradulate the winner and not get into a "what IF" war of words.
This is what High School Football is all about and why these coaches and kids have been busting their buttes all year. The only people who can put a sour spin to this game will be the ones not wearing helmets or standing on the sideline. I'm probably not going to make it but something tells me I will read all I want to know about it on Monday if not sooner.

Good Luck to both teams and have a safe trip to and from
:D :thumbsup:

N4SIR
12-14-2007, 11:17 AM
well, not to get technical, but prison bloodhounds track and tree the most "recent" scent, whether it is the right one or not. So, using your analogy, with all the misdirection, you bloodhounds are going to be dog tired of chasing the wrong "scent". The only scent we are chasing is VICTORY! And we will get it.

pirate4state
12-14-2007, 11:20 AM
It is quite INSANE:foul: Pir4st. It would be a shame if one team blew the other out after all the "smack talk". If it does live up to it's billing and someone wins 42-40, are we going to have to listen to 1000 excuses's, Why's and "What IF's". Or "that call" or "no call", on Monday. I hope the loser of this game can follow the lead of the Wylie fans this week and just congradulate the winner and not get into a "what IF" war of words.
This is what High School Football is all about and why these coaches and kids have been busting their buttes all year. The only people who can put a sour spin to this game will be the ones not wearing helmets or standing on the sideline. I'm probably not going to make it but something tells me I will read all I want to know about it on Monday if not sooner.

Good Luck to both teams and have a safe trip to and from
:D :thumbsup:

So true. You can almost "take it to the bank" that if it's a close game the "what if/that call/no call/turnovers, etc" will be abused ad nausem!!

Even when its a good, clean hard fought game SOMEONE will always find something to complain about b/c they don't know how to just accept that their team has lost.

Oh well.....

Good Luck to my friends in Buckeyeland & to my friends in Liberty Hill. May your sons enjoy their last game of the season!

waterboy
12-14-2007, 11:33 AM
I know I won't make any excuses. I won't have to...............and IF I were to have to, I wouldn't. May the BEST (Gilmer) team win!:D

Pawdaddy
12-14-2007, 11:37 AM

No, I said it about N4SIR. There is a search function you can use DaddyD and get these things right. Your memory lapse will be worse after Saturday. May I suggest you go ahead and start taking Ginko Biloba to jump start your gray matter for next year.

BIGJOHNWAYNE
12-14-2007, 11:43 AM
So true. You can almost "take it to the bank" that if it's a close game the "what if/that call/no call/turnovers, etc" will be abused ad nausem!!

Even when its a good, clean hard fought game SOMEONE will always find something to complain about b/c they don't know how to just accept that their team has lost.

Oh well.....

Good Luck to my friends in Buckeyeland & to my friends in Liberty Hill. May your sons enjoy their last game of the season!

Ok Ok, i admit pirate4state, u are very knowledgeable, and I do enjoy your posts on here, I just like stirring up ruckus, lol. Keep em coming.

Pawdaddy
12-14-2007, 11:54 AM
So true. You can almost "take it to the bank" that if it's a close game the "what if/that call/no call/turnovers, etc" will be abused ad nausem!! Oh well..... Good Luck to my friends in Buckeyeland & to my friends in Liberty Hill. May your sons enjoy their last game of the season!

Pawdaddy
12-14-2007, 12:02 PM
So true. You can almost "take it to the bank" that if it's a close game the "what if/that call/no call/turnovers, etc" will be abused ad nausem!! Oh well..... Good Luck to my friends in Buckeyeland & to my friends in Liberty Hill. May your sons enjoy their last game of the season!

How lame was that? This work bull is a distraction. What I was going to say is that unfortunately the turnovers, calls, etc. are part of the game that has a real effect on the outcome. The what if's are another thing. Often the turnovers are caused by tremendous defensive plays and not a real mistake by a ball carrier. Calls can have an effect, but as long as it goes both ways, it still comes down to which team can overcome adversity. The "what if's" on the otherhand are just talk. Like, "What if" one team averaged 400 lbs and could all run 4.5's?????

waterboy
12-14-2007, 12:10 PM
How lame was that? This work bull is a distraction. What I was going to say is that unfortunately the turnovers, calls, etc. are part of the game that has a real effect on the outcome. The what if's are another thing. Often the turnovers are caused by tremendous defensive plays and not a real mistake by a ball carrier. Calls can have an effect, but as long as it goes both ways, it still comes down to which team can overcome adversity. The "what if's" on the otherhand are just talk. Like, "What if" one team averaged 400 lbs and could all run 4.5's?????
Don't sweat it, Pawdaddy! THEY will be the ones crying and making excuses after this one! I just hope they have the cohonies to come back on this here forum to congratulate us Buckeyes after we win Saturday!:D :D :D

Texasfootball2
12-14-2007, 12:11 PM

AH HA!!!!:clap: So you findly admit that the defensive TD scored by Wylie was because of "tremendous" defense and not a stupid mistake by your QB. I knew deep down inside you were a realist and knowledgable fan, it just took you a couple of days for your true colors to show:thumbsup: LOL:D

Hill Man
12-14-2007, 12:11 PM

"if - If and Buts were candy and nuts, we would all have a Merry Christmas" Dandy Don Meredith ;)

pirate4state
12-14-2007, 12:14 PM

You'll see. ;) Now get back to work! :D

pirate4state
12-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Don't sweat it, Pawdaddy! THEY will be the ones crying and making excuses after this one! I just hope they have the cohonies to come back on this here forum to congratulate us Buckeyes after we win Saturday!:D :D :D I hope you do too if the Buckeyes lose!! :p :p

waterboy
12-14-2007, 12:23 PM
AH HA!!!!:clap: So you findly admit that the defensive TD scored by Wylie was because of "tremendous" defense and not a stupid mistake by your QB. I knew deep down inside you were a realist and knowledgable fan, it just took you a couple of days for your true colors to show:thumbsup: LOL:D
You're definitely right there Texasfootball2. That was a TREMENDOUS defensive play! Kudos to you and all the Wylie fans and players for showing us sportsmanship. After what happened at the end of the Roosevelt game, you helped restore our faith in the way things oughta be, win OR lose. ABILENE WYLIE IS A CLASS ACT! MY HATS OFF TO Y'ALL!:clap: :clap: :clap:
I just hope Liberty Hill can show the same class.............after they lose!:D

Pawdaddy
12-14-2007, 12:24 PM

Go back and read that post. Again, if you were there, QB was waggling the ball around like a loaf of bread, attempting to throw. The defender made a great play to be there to knock it out of his hands. If the defender had not made the play, if the QB had taken care of the ball, etc. AND AGAIN, that same defense also had a part in the play that left 9 seconds on the clock. I did notice you did not respond to that the other day. But, it was a great game. Looking forward to another one.

waterboy
12-14-2007, 12:24 PM
I hope you do too if the Buckeyes lose!! :p :p
:D That's a HUGE "if"..............but yeah I'll be back, regardless!:D

Texasfootball2
12-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Go back and read that post. Again, if you were there, QB was waggling the ball around like a loaf of bread, attempting to throw. The defender made a great play to be there to knock it out of his hands. If the defender had not made the play, if the QB had taken care of the ball, etc. AND AGAIN, that same defense also had a part in the play that left 9 seconds on the clock. I did notice you did not respond to that the other day. But, it was a great game. Looking forward to another one.

No response needed. It was a great call at a great time. So was the QB draw on first down to get it into Wylie territory. Once again a prevent defense, prevents a team from winning after playing great defense all night. Kudos, Kudos, Kudos, etc...........:thumbsup: :D :clap:

buff4ever
12-14-2007, 12:43 PM
Who are the buffaloes playing this week? Oh --- there not!!! They weren't good enough. Have a piece of cake.

THERE yall are, I knew you had some fight in you. Do your boys is the question?

Didn't happen for giddings this year. tough road and injuries happened. Can't have the injuries during that tough of a road and expect everything to go as planned. It isn't like we lost as early and as unexpected as you guys last year. IT HAPPENS RIGHT.

waterboy
12-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Hey, Pawdaddy! He's one our ALLIES now! Yeah, Stump made a mistake, but the Wylie players did get penetration and caused the turnover. Abilene Wylie did have the best defense we have faced in at least 2-3 years. I'm proud to say that Stump came back and helped us to win that game. Stump Godfrey is a winner and has HEART. :thinking: Just think...:thinking: .....he'll be back for 2 more years!;)

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2007, 01:11 PM
***Mom stuff***

It's amazing to me, as I just read through the Celina/LH DII championship game thread, that it has been almost a year since I posted my pre-game "mom speech". What is not amazing to me is that the 2007 Panther football team finds themselves in the same place, only in Division I.

And of course, once again, there has been much blah blah blah from both sides about why this/that team will win/lose. None of that matters, because none of the talk has a bearing on the game one way or the other.

I am one of your biggest fans, and a couple of times have been your critic. That was never meant to show disappointment other than I knew, as each of you know, that your capabilities were not shining through. Over the last 7 games, and most of the season, you have proved exactly what you are made of.

I know that you, as a team, set a goal last December, almost as soon as you finished your final 2006 game. You have the ability, mentality, strength and brotherhood to reach that goal tomorrow. You know that, I know that, the entire Liberty Hill community knows that. Now it's time to strap 'em on boys, and prove it to your opponents on the field.

THEY MAY BE GOOD AT BASEBALL,
THEY MAY BE GOOD AT TRACK.
BUT WHEN IT COMES TO FOOTBALL,
THE STATE CHAMPS ARE BACK!

WHO YA ROOTIN' FOR???? L-H-H-S!

Bigworm
12-14-2007, 01:13 PM
That was good :clap:

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2007, 01:17 PM
That was good :clap: