View Full Version : JFF selling autographs

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

rancher
08-14-2013, 01:24 PM
And the slaps just keeping coming thanks to old Uncle Nate.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/texas-am-should-sit-johnny-manziel-first-two-games-hope-for-best-ncaa-investigation-autographs-for-money-allegations-081313

Saggy Aggie
08-14-2013, 01:43 PM
And the slaps just keeping coming thanks to old Uncle Nate.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/texas-am-should-sit-johnny-manziel-first-two-games-hope-for-best-ncaa-investigation-autographs-for-money-allegations-081313
What slaps? Some dudes opinion he should be suspended? Even though there's no proof?

Old Tiger
08-14-2013, 02:01 PM
I like Herm Edwards , he tells it like it is. Dez opinion , that is worthless. Like Herm said, Sumlin should have went face to face with Manziel and confronted him did you receive money for signing your autograph. That is why no one beleives he did not take money, even his lawyer will not answer that question in public. A&M and Manziel are just getting a black eye out of this crazy ****, that is sad after what they accomplished last year on the field. Also, this was brought on by Johnny Football not the media weather he received money are not no one signs the amount of items for brokers and carries himself in public that way after winning the Hesiman. Poor Uncle Nate , what a joke.

Them throwing Nate under the bus means Nate rolled on em IMO.

rancher
08-14-2013, 02:06 PM
What degree of proof do you need? Beyond all doubt? Beyond a reasonable doubt? Preponderance of evidence? Clear and convincing evidence? or Prima facie case?

Saggy Aggie
08-14-2013, 02:14 PM
What degree of proof do you need? Beyond all doubt? Beyond a reasonable doubt? Preponderance of evidence? Clear and convincing evidence? or Prima facie case?

Just some type of evidence besides hearsay. Hell, I could come out and say I paid Johnny 10 grand but it don't mean crap unless I could prove it. Otherwise it just looks like a handful of psycho Johnny haters (rancher anyone???) with some made up BS.

All I see is you running with some hearsay trying to play it off as fact and clear guilt. I haven't seen ANYTHING that proves guilt. Concrete evidence??? Did Johnny even get new rims???? Lol

Apparently you need 0 evidence to be convinced, or just a crapload of sketchy people making unbacked claims

rancher
08-14-2013, 02:23 PM
There sure are a lot of autographs out there all of this out of the goodness of his heart and in the cribs of brokers. Give me a break. Old Uncle Nate is going to be the lynch pin and now he is in the NCAA witness protection program.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9548973/uncle-nate-smarter-ncaa

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/bruce-feldman/23149257/sizing-up-texas-ams-thorny-johnny-manziel-investigation

rancher
08-14-2013, 02:32 PM
Here is what Kirk Herbstreit says. Is it true that Johnny rode the little bus to school.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1737671-kirk-herbstreit-says-johnny-manziel-could-be-dumbest-player-to-ever-play

Saggy Aggie
08-14-2013, 02:39 PM
There sure are a lot of autographs out there all of this out of the goodness of his heart and in the cribs of brokers. Give me a break. Old Uncle Nate is going to be the lynch pin and now he is in the NCAA witness protection program.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9548973/uncle-nate-smarter-ncaa

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/bruce-feldman/23149257/sizing-up-texas-ams-thorny-johnny-manziel-investigation

Again... Nice hearsay.

Saggy Aggie
08-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Here is what Kirk Herbstreit says. Is it true that Johnny rode the little bus to school.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1737671-kirk-herbstreit-says-johnny-manziel-could-be-dumbest-player-to-ever-play

Yeah... Same thing everyone else is saying.... It's either LIES or he's a moron. One or the other. But with no proof, it looks like LIES.

Convenient how you left that aspect out of this post....

I've never seen someone so convinced of guilt without any evidence. Yeah there's a lot of autographs, which manziel's family said were fakes, but that does NOT prove that Johnny accepted any money for these 'legit' autographs....

BEAST
08-14-2013, 02:45 PM
And again I will ask, why isnt ESPN all bent about Clowney and some of the others that have basically the same amount of signed memorbilia on the market?

BEAST

Macarthur
08-14-2013, 02:47 PM
I'm interested in this theory out there that there are these signature replicators that could have been used to produce large numbers of 'signatures'

Macarthur
08-14-2013, 02:51 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=9567169&src=desktop

Good stuff from rick reilly again.

Macarthur
08-14-2013, 03:18 PM
I have a gut feeling on how this will go.

I think the ncaa wants to bust Johnny very badly however, they have a very difficult time finding any sort of hard evidence. A&M goes to the ncaa and says, look, if we suspend Johnny for game 1 for some reason such as poor judgment, what ever you want to call it, will you call off the dogs and assure us there will be no further ramifications on this matter.

I think both sides come to some sort of agreement that resembles a sort of plea bargain and Johnny missed one game or two at the most.

OldBison75
08-14-2013, 03:28 PM
I am going to throw out a little logical deduction to this whole argument:

1. Let's assume that JM did go to a broker's room and signed 1500 items like helmets and such.
2. How long does it take to sign an item, move it to the side, pickup another, and then prepare to sign that one?
3. For argument sake, let's say that each signing take approximately 20 seconds from the time he touches the items until he sets it down.
4. He is supposed to have signed 1500 items in one sitting according to one of the broker's.
5. At 4 per minute with no breaks, he would need 3 hours and 45 minutes to accomplish that task.
6. There were a large number of people in the room that would cause numerous distractions and we all know JM had to drink a few while signing.
7. Plus, JM would have to go to the little signers room a few times to get rid of the drinks.
8. So, let's just say it could sign three per minute, which is being generous.
9. Now he had to be there doing nothing but signing and going to the potty for 8 hours and 15 minutes.
10. Folks, the way I see it, someone needs to prove he was in the broker's room long enough to do what they say he did.

Farmersfan
08-14-2013, 03:36 PM

1. Let's assume that JM did go to a broker's room and signed 1500 items like helmets and such.
2. How long does it take to sign an item, move it to the side, pickup another, and then prepare to sign that one?
3. For argument sake, let's say that each signing take approximately 20 seconds from the time he touches the items until he sets it down.
4. He is supposed to have signed 1500 items in one sitting according to one of the broker's.
5. At 4 per minute with no breaks, he would need 3 hours and 45 minutes to accomplish that task.
6. There were a large number of people in the room that would cause numerous distractions and we all know JM had to drink a few while signing.
7. Plus, JM would have to go to the little signers room a few times to get rid of the drinks.
9. Now he had to be there doing nothing but signing and going to the potty for 8 hours and 15 minutes.
10. Folks, the way I see it, someone needs to prove he was in the broker's room long enough to do what they say he did.

Seems like an awful lot of time and hard work to do it for free doesn't it????

Saggy Aggie
08-14-2013, 03:38 PM

If it takes him 20 seconds each... how does he do 4 per minute? Lol

And 1500 items, divide by 3 per minute is 500 minutes of straight signing....? That's what... 8 hours and 20 mins?

Saggy Aggie
08-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Seems like an awful lot of time and hard work to do it for free doesn't it????

Yeah... And that's fantastic circumstantial evidence... But where's the proof... Assuming he signed any of this crap in the first place.

OldBison75
08-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Remember that I said 20 seconds to pick up, sign, set aside and then pick up the next. And, to FF, I can guarantee that a person like JM that is as hyper as he is did not sit that long to sign. Nothing has been proven except that it is not reasonable to believe that he signed as many as they claim.

Saggy Aggie
08-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Remember that I said 20 seconds to pick up, sign, set aside and then pick up the next. And, to FF, I can guarantee that a person like JM that is as hyper as he is did not sit that long to sign. Nothing has been proven except that it is not reasonable to believe that he signed as many as they claim.

You actually said from the time he picks it up til he puts it down but eh... Doesn't matter much.

And just so we're all clear here.... I'm not saying he didn't do it... Because the circumstantial evidence says he did.... That said, I'm not gonna gonna convince myself of guilt without some actual irrefutable evidence.

I'd be willing to bet that if there is evidence, it'll come out the week of the bama game...

coachc45
08-14-2013, 04:07 PM

Right, 20 seconds to pick up, sign, and set aside....... so 4 x 20 lets see I think that equals 80. So it takes 80 seconds to sign 4? Problem is there are 60 seconds in a minute.... LOL

Old Tiger
08-14-2013, 04:15 PM
Yeah... And that's fantastic circumstantial evidence... But where's the proof... Assuming he signed any of this crap in the first place.

NCAA doesn't need proof circumstantial is enough they aren't a court of law.

BEAST
08-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Good lord think. You sign one, and within 20 secs sign the second. So within 20 secs you have 2. In 20 more seconds the 3rd one. So in 40 secs you have 3. Then the fourth one 20 secs later. In a total of 60 seconds you have 4 signatures. Think folks. With all this being said, I am really starting to believe that a lot of these are really good forged signatures.

BEAST

Saggy Aggie
08-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Good lord think. You sign one, and within 20 secs sign the second. So within 20 secs you have 2. In 20 more seconds the 3rd one. So in 40 secs you have 3. Then the fourth one 20 secs later. In a total of 60 seconds you have 4 signatures. Think folks. With all this being said, I am really starting to believe that a lot of these are really good forged signatures.

BEAST

Yeah that's great math, that's just not what he said. 20 seconds to pick one up, sign it and put it down. You can do that 3 times in 60 seconds. You can do that 4 times in 80 seconds.

Besides the fact that you're not accounting for the time to pick up the first and set down the last in your 60 second - 4 signature time frame. But eh, not worth arguing over. Point is, it'd take roughly 9 hours to sign 1500 autographs and that's if he was going at a blistering pace without a break.

OldBison75
08-14-2013, 04:31 PM

Read again--20 seconds to pickup, sign, set aside, then pick up the next.
So, I estimated one each 15 seconds or 4 per minute. Not rocket science people.

Saggy Aggie
08-14-2013, 04:31 PM
I'm more than willing to bet this all goes away with nothing happening. None of the brokers are gonna talk or show evidence because it'll screw up their business and all this **** is already scaring off most athletes from wanting to sign autographs.

I'm just curious why no one is after AJ, Boyd, Clowney etc. I think they were trying to say clowney signed 600 numbered autographs too...?? Take out behind the barn rancher.

hookandladder
08-14-2013, 04:32 PM
Manziels lawyer already admitted he did sign many items last year , so who cares how many he can sign in an hour. Yes there is no hard proud that he did receive money but can you at least agree that it is very strange that he would meet with brokers to sign multiple items , you cannot believe 6 different brokers are lying . If so you guys are in complete denial , this is bad for Manziel and A&M no matter how it ends up. Even Manziel is found not to have accepted money , my bet is after he is done playing this year and off to the NFL he comes clean. Also to add fuel to the fire , I do not see him playing QB at the next level. Just my opinion, fire away.

Saggy Aggie
08-14-2013, 04:34 PM

I know the line before said something else.... But this one says nothing about picking up the next...

Old Tiger
08-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Y'all are talking as if they were all one session. There were multiple sessions.

Saggy Aggie
08-14-2013, 04:36 PM
Manziels lawyer already admitted he did sign many items last year , so who cares how many he can sign in an hour. Yes there is no hard proud that he did receive money but can you at least agree that it is very strange that he would meet with brokers to sign multiple items , you cannot believe 6 different brokers are lying . If so you guys are in complete denial , this is bad for Manziel and A&M no matter how it ends up. Even Manziel is found not to have accepted money , my bet is after he is done playing this year and off to the NFL he comes clean. Also to add fuel to the fire , I do not see him playing QB at the next level. Just my opinion, fire away.

Yeah really strange, but without evidence... That's all it is. Strange.

And yeah, I'm sure you don't see him playing QB in the NFL. You didn't see him playing QB for Texas either. Look how that turned out.

OldBison75
08-14-2013, 04:49 PM
One of the brokers said he signed about 3000 items in two sessions. 3000 divided by 2 equals 1500 per session. DUH!!!!!

Bullaholic
08-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Because of the big $$$ swirling around Manziel, I predict that he will play and may receive some sort of penalty---perhaps a slap on the wrist, or up to even a 2-3 game suspension--- but only before or after the 'Bama game. The NCAA, SEC, and Texas A&M all stand to lose too many big $$$ if he is suspended for an entire season. Bet on the big money winning, folks---I think Manziel is reading the cards and betting on this outcome. No way Manziel misses the 'Bama rematch.

hookandladder
08-14-2013, 04:59 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=9567169&src=desktop

Good stuff from rick reilly again.

Pitiful comparison.

hookandladder
08-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Yeah really strange, but without evidence... That's all it is. Strange.

And yeah, I'm sure you don't see him playing QB in the NFL. You didn't see him playing QB for Texas either. Look how that turned out.

Did anyone see Colt McCoy playing QB at Texas coming from a 2A school, hell no. You never really know how a QB will pan out in college and definitely not in Pro , it's a crap shoot. Manziel panned out last year however Championships are how QB's are judged , he has none yet. If you think you know how a QB will pan out in college before he ever sets foot on campus , tell me of 2013 class which QB will be the best QB out of that class right now. I am waiting.

Old Tiger
08-14-2013, 06:28 PM
Jt barrett

Roughneck93
08-14-2013, 06:37 PM
Limited autographs coming up at "Meet the Aggies"...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9568793/texas-aggies-outlines-new-autograph-rules-fans

Saggy Aggie
08-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Did anyone see Colt McCoy playing QB at Texas coming from a 2A school, hell no. You never really know how a QB will pan out in college and definitely not in Pro , it's a crap shoot. Manziel panned out last year however Championships are how QB's are judged , he has none yet. If you think you know how a QB will pan out in college before he ever sets foot on campus , tell me of 2013 class which QB will be the best QB out of that class right now. I am waiting.

Too busy with work to follow hs recruiting, but 2 years ago when Johnny was graduating... It didn't take a rocket scientist. He was the talk of hs football. Lets just say I was excited when he chose A&M.... Despite the *** rating

Old Tiger
08-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Too busy with work to follow hs recruiting, but 2 years ago when Johnny was graduating... It didn't take a rocket scientist. He was the talk of hs football. Lets just say I was excited when he chose A&M.... Despite the *** rating

Was it for stealing from Wal-Mart or flipping fans off down the side line?

Old Tiger
08-14-2013, 09:04 PM
Here are random latest rumors

-IRS is interested in Manziel family finances
-NCAA wants to suspend for season
-Texas A&M will appeal so he can play
-Texas A&M will not appeal, but Manziel family will sue school if they don't
-Texas A&M boosters been buying up autographs left and right trying to cover up
-Said bought products will be auctioned off at various fundraising events in an attempt to show that is what they were for
-Texas A&M looking at some bad juju when it comes to control of program from NCAA

OldBison75
08-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Here are random latest rumors

-IRS is interested in Manziel family finances
-NCAA wants to suspend for season
-Texas A&M will appeal so he can play
-Texas A&M will not appeal, but Manziel family will sue school if they don't
-Texas A&M boosters been buying up autographs left and right trying to cover up
-Said bought products will be auctioned off at various fundraising events in an attempt to show that is what they were for
-Texas A&M looking at some bad juju when it comes to control of program from NCAA

Again, all rumors and no proof. I hope that you never have to serve on a jury and make decisions based on circumstantial evidence. I have been there and it is so difficult to separate the rumor from the real.

Macarthur
08-14-2013, 10:12 PM
Where are these rumors coming from?

Macarthur
08-14-2013, 10:12 PM
Pitiful comparison.

How so?

Macarthur
08-14-2013, 10:16 PM
NCAA doesn't need proof circumstantial is enough they aren't a court of law.

You keep saying this but Dan Beebe, former big 12 commissioner, said on Espn today that they will need some proof of money exchanging hands. For those that don't know Beebe background, he used to be an investigator for the ncaa.

They can't suspend without some evidence that he was paid.

hookandladder
08-15-2013, 06:15 AM

And just think if Sherman was still there with his offense , Manziel would have been playing elsewhere other then A&M. That is what I am saying , you never know how a QB recruit will pan out and each one is suited for certain offenses. Not many QB's can run multiple offenses at the college level, Manziel can run the spread but could he be a drop back passer. I would say no, so he was very lucky that Sumlin and Kingsberry came to A&M.

Saggy Aggie
08-15-2013, 07:33 AM
And just think if Sherman was still there with his offense , Manziel would have been playing elsewhere other then A&M. That is what I am saying , you never know how a QB recruit will pan out and each one is suited for certain offenses. Not many QB's can run multiple offenses at the college level, Manziel can run the spread but could he be a drop back passer. I would say no, so he was very lucky that Sumlin and Kingsberry came to A&M.

Yeah except Sherman recruited him.... So why wouldn't Sherman play him? He's obviously the best qb on the roster. Could he be a drop back passer? Probably. I wouldn't put anything past him.

hookandladder
08-15-2013, 08:15 AM
Yeah except Sherman recruited him.... So why wouldn't Sherman play him? He's obviously the best qb on the roster. Could he be a drop back passer? Probably. I wouldn't put anything past him.

Well , after this year everyone will find out what he can and cannot do in the NFL. I think he would be a good slot receiver at the next level, just do not see him playing QB at the next level but I am a baseball guy not football. I thought I remember Sherman was not very high on Manziel , even thought he had the other QB ahead of him on depth chart. Could be wrong though , do not keep up with A&M. Sherman definitely would not have put up with his off field crap, he would have set him straight.

Saggy Aggie
08-15-2013, 11:02 AM
Just read something that said the autograph brokers could be in trouble also if any penalty is brought down against A&M or Johnny for being complicit.

Just another reason for them to not say anything if something did happen, aside from they'd be killing their own business and they've pretty much already scared off the other athletes... So....

hookandladder
08-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Just read something that said the autograph brokers could be in trouble also if any penalty is brought down against A&M or Johnny for being complicit.

Just another reason for them to not say anything if something did happen, aside from they'd be killing their own business and they've pretty much already scared off the other athletes... So....

So your saying your OK if Johnny did profit from selling his autograph as long as he still get's to play this year, the hell with what it might cost the team and university down the road. So, Johnny get's away with taking money for his autograph because the brokers are afraid to come clean , that's teaching our kids to do the right thing. Amazing what we are teaching our kids, winning is the No. 1 goal.

caleb_mccaig
08-15-2013, 11:36 AM
So your saying your OK if Johnny did profit from selling his autograph as long as he still get's to play this year, the hell with what it might cost the team and university down the road. So, Johnny get's away with taking money for his autograph because the brokers are afraid to come clean , that's teaching our kids to do the right thing. Amazing what we are teaching our kids, winning is the No. 1 goal.
I'm gonna go on ahead and say the university kind of put themselves in this hole by letting him get bigger than the university. It's not his fault at all that he's a great player and acts like a normal college student, going out and what not. I would milk that for everything too. He's guaranteed to go and play in the NFL so I'm sure he doesn't really care if his college career gets dumped, as long as he gets PAID. I'm sure if any of the other players on that team were in the same situation they would do the exact same thing.

Macarthur
08-15-2013, 11:40 AM
I'm gonna go on ahead and say the university kind of put themselves in this hole by letting him get bigger than the university. It's not his fault at all that he's a great player and acts like a normal college student, going out and what not. I would milk that for everything too. He's guaranteed to go and play in the NFL so I'm sure he doesn't really care if his college career gets dumped, as long as he gets PAID. I'm sure if any of the other players on that team were in the same situation they would do the exact same thing.

So tell me exactly what the school did wrong in your scenario?

caleb_mccaig
08-15-2013, 11:48 AM
So tell me exactly what the school did wrong in your scenario?
This is just my opinion btw lol. When was the last time you saw a star player in the spotlight like this? Never, correct? I spent my first two years at Baylor and I'll tell you right now, RG3 partied and everyone knew Brittany Griner was homosexual. But they weren't in the news. Why? Because Baylor somehow found a way to protect him and to protect Brittany Griner's sexuality at a Baptist school. If you're telling me A&M can't find out a way to protect that they're Heisman winner is going out like every other college kid or attending sporting events then that just tells me they were unprepared, which is understandable. They haven't had anyone worth mentioning nationally in years. They let Manziel become a celeb and I think they underestimated how big he could become and now they're starting to see when it's already too late.

hookandladder
08-15-2013, 11:51 AM
This is just my opinion btw lol. When was the last time you saw a star player in the spotlight like this? Never, correct? I spent my first two years at Baylor and I'll tell you right now, RG3 partied and everyone knew Brittany Griner was homosexual. But they weren't in the news. Why? Because Baylor somehow found a way to protect him and to protect Brittany Griner's sexuality at a Baptist school. If you're telling me A&M can't find out a way to protect that they're Heisman winner is going out like every other college kid or attending sporting events then that just tells me they were unprepared, which is understandable. They haven't had anyone worth mentioning nationally in years. They let Manziel become a celeb and I think they underestimated how big he could become and now they're starting to see when it's already too late.

Sounds pretty acurate to me, plus Manziel is not going to listen to anyone and I mean no one.

Macarthur
08-15-2013, 11:52 AM
You still didn't say what the school could have done? While at the same time applauding Johnny for doing everything he did....

Macarthur
08-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Sounds pretty acurate to me, plus Manziel is not going to listen to anyone and I mean no one.

Which makes Caleb's criticism of the school completely illogical.

rancher
08-15-2013, 11:57 AM
You forget UNCLE NATE IS THE PUPPET MASTER, Johnny rode the little bus to school. There are rumors of another daming story to be out tomorrow on Johnny Cash.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/8/8/4602038/uncle-nate-fitch-johnny-manziel-autographs

caleb_mccaig
08-15-2013, 11:57 AM
You still didn't say what the school could have done? While at the same time applauding Johnny for doing everything he did....
One thing I know is the pictures he sent out over Twitter always had him in hot water. I know a lot of teams don't even allow their players to have twitter accounts, that's one thing. Another is just kept him away from the media like they did in the beginning.

caleb_mccaig
08-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Which makes Caleb's criticism of the school completely illogical.

I'm not saying this could have been totally avoided, I just think the school could have maybe made it not near as bad as it is a long time ago. I'm sure they could have done something for a few million dollars.

Macarthur
08-15-2013, 12:08 PM
What should the school have done?

It's easy to say but what does that mean? I mean to use your examples, rgIII and griner just did not put themselves out there especially on twitter like JFF did. You think the school never told him to be careful? Come on. A&M has just as competent people as baylor or anyone else for that matter.

To say you have no problem with what Johnny did and then blame the school for him making himself a celebrity, strikes me as a huge contradiction.

Roughneck93
08-15-2013, 12:13 PM

I read that a little while ago...

Section 131.004 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code states “a person who violates a rule of a national collegiate athletic association adopted by this chapter is liable for damages in an action brought by an institution if (1) the person knew or reasonably should have know that a rule was violated; and (2) the violation of the rule is a contributing factor to disciplinary action taken by the national collegiate athletic association against the institution or a student at the institution.” This would give Texas A&M University the authority to file suit against the autograph hounds if it or Manziel receives punishment from the NCAA. Accordingly, pursuant to Sections 131.006 and 131.007 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code, Texas A&M University’s damages may include “lost television revenues and lost ticket sales of regular season and post-season athletic events” and “reasonable attorney’s fees and costs.” Certainly, if Manziel is not on the field for the Aggies, there could be substantial losses in revenue.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/08/15/johnny-manziel-texas-statute-could-be-one-reason-autograph-sellers-wont-cooperate-with-ncaa/

caleb_mccaig
08-15-2013, 12:15 PM
What should the school have done?

It's easy to say but what does that mean? I mean to use your examples, rgIII and griner just did not put themselves out there especially on twitter like JFF did. You think the school never told him to be careful? Come on. A&M has just as competent people as baylor or anyone else for that matter.

To say you have no problem with what Johnny did and then blame the school for him making himself a celebrity, strikes me as a huge contradiction.

I'm gonna say the school or athletic department probably could have done what Tressell and Ohio State did whenever Pryor was there. Everything is cover-ups, Penn St, Reggie Bush, OSU. I'm sure 5 years down the road we'll find a video that has him taking cash in it. I don't know what all a huge D-1 school has access to or disposal of, but I'm sure it's more than what they did.

Saggy Aggie
08-15-2013, 12:19 PM

I actually did not say any of that. Go back and read what I said.

I said the brokers could get in trouble IF anything actually happened. Just another reason for them not to come forward. I said nothing about the effects to tamu, teaching kids right and wrong blah blah.

Macarthur
08-15-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm gonna say the school or athletic department probably could have done what Tressell and Ohio State did whenever Pryor was there. Everything is cover-ups, Penn St, Reggie Bush, OSU. I'm sure 5 years down the road we'll find a video that has him taking cash in it. I don't know what all a huge D-1 school has access to or disposal of, but I'm sure it's more than what they did.

Dude, I'm still confused. So schools that got penalized for violations are the model A&M should follow?

hookandladder
08-15-2013, 12:57 PM

I said the brokers could get in trouble IF anything actually happened. Just another reason for them not to come forward. I said nothing about the effects to tamu, teaching kids right and wrong blah blah.

So if he did take money from the brokers but the brokers would not speak up , would you be OK with him playing this year even though you know it could cost A&M down the road. Your post that I responded to sounded as if ,even if he did take money from the brokers but the brokers would not talk to the NCAA he should be allowed to play this year. So , no rules for Johnny which seems pretty normal for him.

Saggy Aggie
08-15-2013, 01:02 PM
So if he did take money from the brokers but the brokers would not speak up , would you be OK with him playing this year even though you know it could cost A&M down the road. Your post that I responded to sounded as if ,even if he did take money from the brokers but the brokers would not talk to the NCAA he should be allowed to play this year. So , no rules for Johnny which seems pretty normal for him.

How are we going to know if he did or not if they don't come forward?

If they don't, I assume nothing happened and therefor innocent. If they do, with proof, guilty and suspended.

hookandladder
08-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Dude, I'm still confused. So schools that got penalized for violations are the model A&M should follow?

Just face facts , A&M and Johnny Football have different views . Johnny and his family are interested in the money and A&M is interested just keeping face, they are on two totally different pages.

hookandladder
08-15-2013, 01:08 PM
How are we going to know if he did or not if they don't come forward?

If they don't, I assume nothing happened and therefor innocent. If they do, with proof, guilty and suspended.

If this is true about the Brokers , then I would bet the lawyers are putting pressure on the brokers to stay quiet. If Johnny did profit off autographs , it will surface eventually. I still wonder where old Uncle Nate has gone into hidding, he holds the key to all the answers.

Macarthur
08-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Just face facts , A&M and Johnny Football have different views . Johnny and his family are interested in the money and A&M is interested just keeping face, they are on two totally different pages.

Face what? The question was not directed to you and you didn't answer it anyway.

hookandladder
08-15-2013, 01:11 PM

Teaching kids right and wrong blah blah, what do you mean by this comment. Just curious.

Old Tiger
08-15-2013, 01:54 PM
If Johnny's parents can't control his actions how the hell do you think a school will?

Old Tiger
08-15-2013, 01:55 PM
I read that a little while ago...

Section 131.004 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code states “a person who violates a rule of a national collegiate athletic association adopted by this chapter is liable for damages in an action brought by an institution if (1) the person knew or reasonably should have know that a rule was violated; and (2) the violation of the rule is a contributing factor to disciplinary action taken by the national collegiate athletic association against the institution or a student at the institution.” This would give Texas A&M University the authority to file suit against the autograph hounds if it or Manziel receives punishment from the NCAA. Accordingly, pursuant to Sections 131.006 and 131.007 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code, Texas A&M University’s damages may include “lost television revenues and lost ticket sales of regular season and post-season athletic events” and “reasonable attorney’s fees and costs.” Certainly, if Manziel is not on the field for the Aggies, there could be substantial losses in revenue.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/08/15/johnny-manziel-texas-statute-could-be-one-reason-autograph-sellers-wont-cooperate-with-ncaa/

All well and good but these signings didn't happen in Texas.

Old Tiger
08-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Oh and to add that law sounds like A&M might have grounds for a law suit against Johnny, Uncle Nate, and the Manziels.

Saggy Aggie
08-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Teaching kids right and wrong blah blah, what do you mean by this comment. Just curious.

I'm saying what the brokers decide to do out of their own interest (i.e. keep quiet) is absolutely no way tied to A&M teaching kids what is right and wrong.... Which us what you were saying when you quoted my original post.

coachc45
08-15-2013, 02:39 PM
WAIT JUST A SECOND ....... I'm still confused on how Johnny can sign 4 autographs a minute when it takes 20 seconds to pick up a helmet sign it and put it down????????? Thats whats really important here. Dude is so good at everything he gets more seconds in a minute than the rest of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the real news!!!!!!!! We're all getting screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coachc45
08-15-2013, 02:42 PM
What county does Hook and Ladder live in? I want to make sure that I don't get arrested there cuz if he gets on the jury you are going down regardless if there is evidence..... If someone says that you did it, who needs proof....... GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saggy Aggie
08-15-2013, 02:45 PM
What county does Hook and Ladder live in? I want to make sure that I don't get arrested there cuz if he gets on the jury you are going down regardless if there is evidence..... If someone says that you did it, who needs proof....... GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol that's what I've been saying all along

GreenMonster
08-15-2013, 02:52 PM

It worked for MLB recently without a positive test, but I think A-Rod has a point in fighting his suspension. Just because you have the word and personal papers of a fellon doesn't make me guilty unless you catch me. At best all you might be able to prove is I possessed banned substances but if you can't prove i used them I don't deserve to be suspended. Innocent until proven guilty and the burden of proving guilt is on the prosecution. If you ain't cheating you ain't trying, catch me if you can!!!!

rancher
08-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Looks like more bad news for Johnny Cash. Article just out states UNCLE NATE STARTED TO PIMP LITTLE JOHNNY BACK IN NOV. 2012. The hit just keep coming.

http://www.dfwsportatorium.com/

Saggy Aggie
08-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Looks like more bad news for Johnny Cash. Article just out states UNCLE NATE STARTED TO PIMP LITTLE JOHNNY BACK IN NOV. 2012. The hit just keep coming.

Lol what's the significance of this article? More hearsay? Nothing really of note. Timeline of auctioned items... Great. Does that prove Johnny was paid anything? Man the hits sure keep coming LOL

This one was the nail in the coffin lmao

hookandladder
08-15-2013, 05:05 PM

Johnny Football just gets crazier and crazier, all these lies.

hookandladder
08-15-2013, 05:09 PM

I live in the home of Chicken Ranch county, you ever heard of it. Texas A&M football team back in the day definitely knows where that is, We had a bad ass Sheriff back in those days.

caleb_mccaig
08-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Lol what's the significance of this article? More hearsay? Nothing really of note. Timeline of auctioned items... Great. Does that prove Johnny was paid anything? Man the hits sure keep coming LOL

This one was the nail in the coffin lmao

I hate A&M but I can't deny liking Manziel. He does it right, lives it up and gets it done on the field. I hope he doesn't get suspended and I'm an LSU fan saying that. I think we all KNOW he got paid, but he has to be caught red handed for it to mean anything and that hasn't happened.

regaleagle
08-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Actually whether Johnny Boy really got paid anything is what is at issue here, and so far that has not been proven. The problem is that Uncle Nate may be the main culprit here. That would definitely be a travesty for A&M, the Manziels, and college football in general.

Saggy Aggie
08-15-2013, 06:09 PM
Actually whether Johnny Boy really got paid anything is what is at issue here, and so far that has not been proven. The problem is that Uncle Nate may be the main culprit here. That would definitely be a travesty for A&M, the Manziels, and college football in general.

Can anyone even prove nate got paid? Nope lol

YTBulldogs
08-15-2013, 06:37 PM
:sleeping:

hookandladder
08-15-2013, 07:52 PM
I hate A&M but I can't deny liking Manziel. He does it right, lives it up and gets it done on the field. I hope he doesn't get suspended and I'm an LSU fan saying that. I think we all KNOW he got paid, but he has to be caught red handed for it to mean anything and that hasn't happened.

This is so true , like a bootlegger. After reading the entire article about the Manziel family , you can see where Johnny Football gets his rebel ways. He will never accept no for an answer , he is going to do it his way even if it brings everybody down. A true Rebel , he even has that look about him. I know most think I think he his guilty which I do but man does he and his family have power or what, he and his family can dog A&M into the ground and the Aggie faithful still love him and back him up to the day they die. True Loyalty , you have to admire that.

Saggy Aggie
08-15-2013, 08:34 PM
This is so true , like a bootlegger. After reading the entire article about the Manziel family , you can see where Johnny Football gets his rebel ways. He will never accept no for an answer , he is going to do it his way even if it brings everybody down. A true Rebel , he even has that look about him. I know most think I think he his guilty which I do but man does he and his family have power or what, he and his family can dog A&M into the ground and the Aggie faithful still love him and back him up to the day they die. True Loyalty , you have to admire that.

well he single handedly turned A&M into a national title contender, 1 year after one of the most frustrating seasons ever in Aggie football history with all those 2nd half losses. He turned so much frustration into so much success and people love him for it. surely you understand that. And yes, he hasnt been a great role model, but up to this point, hes had a fake ID and gotten in a fight as far as legal trouble. if it was anyone else, no one would give 2 cents. He hasnt done anything terrible for the loyal fans to turn on him IMO.

And just for reference, he replaced a guy who was a top 5 NFL draft pick and THEN A&M became successful. hes THAT much better than a top 5 NFL draft pick. I dont think poeple realize how good this kid is. The team around him wasnt any better than what Tannehill had IMO

Old Tiger
08-15-2013, 08:43 PM
well he single handedly turned A&M into a national title contender, 1 year after one of the most frustrating seasons ever in Aggie football history with all those 2nd half losses. He turned so much frustration into so much success and people love him for it. surely you understand that. And yes, he hasnt been a great role model, but up to this point, hes had a fake ID and gotten in a fight as far as legal trouble. if it was anyone else, no one would give 2 cents. He hasnt done anything terrible for the loyal fans to turn on him IMO.

And just for reference, he replaced a guy who was a top 5 NFL draft pick and THEN A&M became successful. hes THAT much better than a top 5 NFL draft pick. I dont think poeple realize how good this kid is. The team around him wasnt any better than what Tannehill had IMO

Nationaly title contender? Y'all finished 3rd in the division, 5-6 overall in the sec and were never in the talk for a BCS MNC birth.

Kellen Moore, Colt McCoy, and David Greene are the top 3 quarterbacks in terms of wins in the NCAA, does that mean they are top NFL talent, no.

The talent around Johnny has been guys who have started multiple games such as the offensive line which consisted of three 3 year starters. some older guys at receiver and some older guys at runningback. The defense had an abundance of 2-3 starters also.

The aggies will be younger this year and younger the year after.

Saggy Aggie
08-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Nationaly title contender? Y'all finished 3rd in the division, 5-6 overall in the sec and were never in the talk for a BCS MNC birth.

Kellen Moore, Colt McCoy, and David Greene are the top 3 quarterbacks in terms of wins in the NCAA, does that mean they are top NFL talent, no.

The talent around Johnny has been guys who have started multiple games such as the offensive line which consisted of three 3 year starters. some older guys at receiver and some older guys at runningback. The defense had an abundance of 2-3 starters also.

Yeah his #1 receiver was a true freshman. Tannehill's line was practically the same. A&M had a much better defense with tannehill, remember when people went all nuts and said the wrecking crew was back?

Yes... National title contender. They finished what.. #3? Just because they weren't in the championship game doesn't mean they aren't the best ram in the country. They'd have killed ND too and beat bama in their own house. At the end of the season, TAMU was the best team in the nation... And that's thanks to Manziel.

Saggy Aggie
08-15-2013, 09:18 PM

Also... 5-6 in the SEC???

Old Tiger
08-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Yeah his #1 receiver was a true freshman. Tannehill's line was practically the same. A&M had a much better defense with tannehill, remember when people went all nuts and said the wrecking crew was back?

Yes... National title contender. They finished what.. #3? Just because they weren't in the championship game doesn't mean they aren't the best ram in the country. They'd have killed ND too and beat bama in their own house. At the end of the season, TAMU was the best team in the nation... And that's thanks to Manziel.

You said national title contender? How can they be a contender after the season? To be a contender you have to be in the fight for the MNC during the season, which the aggies were never in that fight and considering where they finished in their division. There is no way a 3rd place team who didn't even play for the conference title would EVER be a contender.

The line Tannehills senior year was a lot of sophomores and 2 juniors and 3 sophomores. Those juniors are now gone as well as 1 of the sophomores. So that was a young line.

LSU
Alabama
Georgia
Florida

all finished above the aggies. 5-6 is debatable with South Carolina.

NastySlot
08-15-2013, 10:40 PM
You said national title contender? How can they be a contender after the season? To be a contender you have to be in the fight for the MNC during the season, which the aggies were never in that fight and considering where they finished in their division. There is no way a 3rd place team who didn't even play for the conference title would EVER be a contender.

The line Tannehills senior year was a lot of sophomores and 2 juniors and 3 sophomores. Those juniors are now gone as well as 1 of the sophomores. So that was a young line.

LSU
Alabama
Georgia
Florida

so 5/6 is good enough for a final BCS ranking of what about 9?

Old Tiger
08-15-2013, 10:47 PM
so 5/6 is good enough for a final BCS ranking of what about 9?

Rankings after the season are meaningless and just as meaningless as a pre-season poll. The only thing that matters after the season is who won the MNC.

Old Tiger
08-15-2013, 11:09 PM
"Any NCAA player (as Manziel has evidently proven) is free to sell his autograph or enter into any other contractual agreement to profit off his identity. What they can't do is to continue to play NCAA football after doing so. No one is restricting the income Manziel or any other individual wishes to make. Any NCAA athlete is free to leave their respective university, forego the marketing and logistical support provided by the school and the NCAA and to market himself individually as an athlete, an entertainer or as a celebrity. The "I want it all and under my terms" mentality is the only thing creating any issue.

The NCAA is not stopping any athlete from leaving after their freshman year, or even after their senior year of high school, to turn pro. There is nothing the NCAA is doing to limit the income of any student athlete. All they are saying is that if the individual believes it is in his best interest to take advantage of the NCAA structure to advance their interests, they have to agree to certain terms and conditions, including those that limit commercial activities. If the individual chooses not to accept those conditions, the individual is free to advance their career however they wish.

Its the NFL rule that bars individuals of legal age from signing employment contracts with individuals that are not 3 years removed from high school that limits the income of the student athletes. If anyone of legal age was allowed to go straight to the NFL and get paid what they are worth as a pro, the issue of paying student athletes would disappear instantly. If the highest bidder for their services as an athlete was a university offing free room and board, they would be making as much as the market would bear and maximizing their earning potential. The interests of college athletics would be MUCH better served if athletes who have no interest in a education were allowed to go straight to the NFL and either get picked up by a team or fail at becoming a pro athlete and move on with their lives. Most of them would not stand a chance in the NFL, but at least the NCAA would be rid of them. Think about college basketball. Do the "one and done" type players who have no interest in having anything to do with an education really make the sport any better or do they just serve the interests of the NBA and a few select programs? The game would have a few less stars, but not having to deal with the likes of Manziel ever again would only improve college football."

hookandladder
08-16-2013, 06:15 AM
"Any NCAA player (as Manziel has evidently proven) is free to sell his autograph or enter into any other contractual agreement to profit off his identity. What they can't do is to continue to play NCAA football after doing so. No one is restricting the income Manziel or any other individual wishes to make. Any NCAA athlete is free to leave their respective university, forego the marketing and logistical support provided by the school and the NCAA and to market himself individually as an athlete, an entertainer or as a celebrity. The "I want it all and under my terms" mentality is the only thing creating any issue.

The NCAA is not stopping any athlete from leaving after their freshman year, or even after their senior year of high school, to turn pro. There is nothing the NCAA is doing to limit the income of any student athlete. All they are saying is that if the individual believes it is in his best interest to take advantage of the NCAA structure to advance their interests, they have to agree to certain terms and conditions, including those that limit commercial activities. If the individual chooses not to accept those conditions, the individual is free to advance their career however they wish.

Its the NFL rule that bars individuals of legal age from signing employment contracts with individuals that are not 3 years removed from high school that limits the income of the student athletes. If anyone of legal age was allowed to go straight to the NFL and get paid what they are worth as a pro, the issue of paying student athletes would disappear instantly. If the highest bidder for their services as an athlete was a university offing free room and board, they would be making as much as the market would bear and maximizing their earning potential. The interests of college athletics would be MUCH better served if athletes who have no interest in a education were allowed to go straight to the NFL and either get picked up by a team or fail at becoming a pro athlete and move on with their lives. Most of them would not stand a chance in the NFL, but at least the NCAA would be rid of them. Think about college basketball. Do the "one and done" type players who have no interest in having anything to do with an education really make the sport any better or do they just serve the interests of the NBA and a few select programs? The game would have a few less stars, but not having to deal with the likes of Manziel ever again would only improve college football."

That's the problem with the younger generation of kids, they think the rules can be broken or bent when it benefit's them more elsewhere. They need to be taught from an early age that there are rules and you must abid by them or you will pay the price for not folowing them , the problem starts with their parents and outside people telling them what they want to hear and what they can get away with. Just like signing a contract and then figuiring a way out of it when you can benefit better from another deal, kids need to learn to hold their end of the agreement up. The problem with Manziel is his daddy is just as money hungry as he is, not a good conbination.

Saggy Aggie
08-16-2013, 07:43 AM

LSU
Alabama
Georgia
Florida

Well I didn't spell it out for you, but what I meant is that in 2012 he put A&M on the national stage and 2013 will be a championship contender year... 1 year removed that awful mess with Tannehill. Thanks to Manziel.

Farmersfan
08-16-2013, 08:19 AM

Nicely put Old Tiger. I think I agree 100% with this. As good as Manziel was last season his personal worth as a athlete is probably at least 50% owed to Texas A&M because of their athletic program, promotions and history. Anybody think for 1 second that Manziel would be where he is right now if he had played football last season at about 95% of the other schools in the NCAA? Not a chance!

OLE'BULL
08-16-2013, 09:11 AM

Best post of this whole silly thread!

Ville-D
08-16-2013, 09:11 AM
J.F.A. could move to Vegas and work with Pete Rose selling autographs...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324682204578515252298012998.html

By BRIAN COSTA

A few steps from the casino at the Mirage, baseball's all-time hit king sits behind a table in a memorabilia shop, pen in hand. Through a glass wall, Pete Rose sees revelers and gamblers, shoppers and visitors. To him, they are all potential customers.

Baseball's all-time hit king is now America's king of autographs. Pete Rose, the man banned for betting on baseball, is now working in the gambling capital of the world. Geoff Foster has details on Lunch Break. Photo: Isaac Brekken for The Wall Street Journal.

"They might not look like they're going to buy anything," Rose said. "But they will."

In 1985, Rose collected career hit No. 4,192, breaking Ty Cobb's major-league record. (Rose finished with 4,256.) Now, in the 24th year of his lifetime ban for betting on baseball, Rose is chasing another title: America's autograph king.

Pete Rose doing what he does best at the Mirage in Las Vegas.

Since 2005, he has spent several hours per day, 15 to 25 days per month, 12 months per year signing his name for money. He signs and poses for photos with anyone who buys memorabilia from his business partners, with items such as baseballs and photos ranging from $75 to $800. And for this, Rose earns more than $1 million per year.

"Pete's job is to be Pete Rose," said Joie Casey, president of Hit King Inc., which manages Rose's autograph ventures. "And he's the best Pete Rose there's ever been."
Vote & Discuss

When Rose and Casey went into business together in 2005, it was only about a year after Rose publicly admitted to betting on baseball, which he denied for more than a decade. At that point, Rose, the Cincinnati Reds icon, was hopeful that his confession would lead to his reinstatement. He wanted to manage again.

But nearly a decade has passed without a change in his status. And in that time, Rose has gone from a frequent visitor to a fixture on the Strip, where he is as omnipresent as the Fountains of Bellagio.

Rose, whose proclivity for paid appearances and autograph signings dates to his playing days, believes he is unrivaled. "I must say that what I do, and I don't mean to sound arrogant about this, but what I do, I think I'm the best at it," Rose said.

"Willie Mays is not going to do this, because he don't want to do it. Hank Aaron is not going to do it. Carl Yastrzemski is not going to do it. Some guys do shows. They do card shows. No one is going to try to do this 15 days a month."

Rose, 72, has a zeal for selling his signature that is unmatched. A willingness to schmooze with his customers doesn't hurt, either.

When a man named Nick approached his table Tuesday, Rose asked where he was from. "New Jersey," the man said. "Yankee Jersey or Phillie Jersey?" Rose said. "Actually for me, it was Mets Jersey," the man said, to which Rose responded, "My sympathies. God bless you."

Rose, who lives in a condo just off the Strip, is fuzzy on some basic facts. He says he doesn't remember when he moved to Las Vegas. He could not even offer a guess. But he knows every detail of his business.

He knows that when he and Casey got started, they cleared around $3,000 per day in sales, a figure they quickly quadrupled. He knows that 2007 was their best year, with total sales reaching $3.6 million. And he knows that business travelers buy more memorabilia than partygoers. "I need conventions," he said.

Rose also knows how it looks: the man banned for betting on baseball working in the capital of gambling. But he said his gig would not work anywhere else.

"Every three days, there's different people," he said. "People come here and they have money and they shop and they spend money."

As he walked past a row of blackjack tables, Rose pointed to one and said, "See, I don't know anything about this." The only parts of casinos he frequents are sports books. Every so often, Rose said he still bets on other sports, but not on baseball. "I just don't want to bet on baseball," he said. "That cost me too much."

Rose's status remains a contentious issue within the sport. Many fans want Major League Baseball to reinstate him, which would make him eligible for the Hall of Fame. But commissioner Bud Selig has yet to formally rule on Rose's application for reinstatement, which he filed in 1997. When asked recently if he planned to make a ruling before his term ends in 2014, Selig said, "I keep saying it's under review, and that's where it is. I'll let you draw your own conclusions."

Rose called Selig "a good man" and said "guys like me make his job harder." He blames himself for his exile. But he also expressed frustration. "Just do this for me: Say yes or no," he said. "Why do you keep me hanging?"

Either way, chances are Rose isn't going anywhere. He recently signed a multimillion-dollar contract with Hit King Inc. that runs through 2017. The company, which is co-owned by Casey, does little other than sell Rose-signed memorabilia. Though his autograph has become the opposite of a rare collector's item, in-person sales remain strong.

And if nothing else, Rose is at home here. Because Hit King Inc. partners with a memorabilia dealer with shops in several casino malls, the location of his autograph table changes periodically based on where they think the market will be strongest. As a result, Rose has become friendly with service workers all around town. He sees himself as one of them, Charlie Hustle in a city of hustlers.

"I'm like they are," Rose said. "I just have a bigger name. Everybody works in this town."

BEAST
08-16-2013, 10:07 AM
That's the problem with the younger generation of kids, they think the rules can be broken or bent when it benefit's them more elsewhere. They need to be taught from an early age that there are rules and you must abid by them or you will pay the price for not folowing them , the problem starts with their parents and outside people telling them what they want to hear and what they can get away with. Just like signing a contract and then figuiring a way out of it when you can benefit better from another deal, kids need to learn to hold their end of the agreement up. The problem with Manziel is his daddy is just as money hungry as he is, not a good conbination.

It has nothing to do with the younger generation. Star college football players have been cashing in for years. SMU anyone?

BEAST

Old Tiger
08-16-2013, 10:16 AM
It has nothing to do with the younger generation. Star college football players have been cashing in for years. SMU anyone?

BEASTOr the same institution that gave Eric Dickerson a Trans AM and known for these years...

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRh-YTa7jWc2aP7-vgj7sGdykd2YvqiziNmyrI1Yja-VvvNKRdpoQ

coachc45
08-16-2013, 10:16 AM

BEAST

AMEN!!!!!!!!!! But ole H&L only has one thing on his mind....... "THESE YOUNG WHIPPER SNAPPERS SENDING THE COUNTRY TO HELL IN A HAND-BASKET"..... Go drink your metamucil and get off the high horse, cuz when you fall good chance you will break your hip!!!!!

hookandladder
08-16-2013, 10:45 AM
AMEN!!!!!!!!!! But ole H&L only has one thing on his mind....... "THESE YOUNG WHIPPER SNAPPERS SENDING THE COUNTRY TO HELL IN A HAND-BASKET"..... Go drink your metamucil and get off the high horse, cuz when you fall good chance you will break your hip!!!!!

Fixin to turn 50 , just keep on looking the other way. Think there is a name for people like that, I know it is hard for you to understand but I just have higher standards for kids. Comes from my parents, like Rancher said about taking you out behind the woodshed if you did not obey your parents. These days parents let their kids get away with way to much, call BS on me but I really could give a rats ass what you think.

Macarthur
08-16-2013, 11:01 AM

Is this yours or did you copy and paste this from somewhere?

coachc45
08-16-2013, 11:03 AM

I was wondering that myself!!!!

Macarthur
08-16-2013, 11:03 AM
That's the problem with the younger generation of kids, they think the rules can be broken or bent when it benefit's them more elsewhere. They need to be taught from an early age that there are rules and you must abid by them or you will pay the price for not folowing them , the problem starts with their parents and outside people telling them what they want to hear and what they can get away with. .

This is a very subjective point and is not based in fact what so ever.

So greed and folks breaking rules is a recent phenomena ?

Old Tiger
08-16-2013, 11:06 AM

It's not difficult to see the quotation marks.

coachc45
08-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Fixin to turn 50 , just keep on looking the other way. Think there is a name for people like that, I know it is hard for you to understand but I just have higher standards for kids. Comes from my parents, like Rancher said about taking you out behind the woodshed if you did not obey your parents. These days parents let their kids get away with way to much, call BS on me but I really could give a rats ass what you think.

I don't turn a blind eye to anything. I'm a big fan of the ole woodshed, just ask my kids, or the kids I coach!!!! But at the same time I don't sit on a porch, or computer chair in this case, and blame everything on "the younger generation". I actually have my eyes open and realize that nothing that is happening today wasn't happening 60 years ago. Not a blind eye.... Just not naive enough to think it is something new!!!!

Old Tiger
08-16-2013, 11:08 AM
I don't turn a blind eye to anything. I'm a big fan of the ole woodshed, just ask my kids, or the kids I coach!!!! But at the same time I don't sit on a porch, or computer chair in this case, and blame everything on "the younger generation". I actually have my eyes open and realize that nothing that is happening today wasn't happening 60 years ago. Not a blind eye.... Just not naive enough to think it is something new!!!!

Get off my lawn!

Macarthur
08-16-2013, 11:10 AM
It's not difficult to see the quotation marks.

Yeah, that's why I asked.

If you copy something from the Internet, you should give your source.

Old Tiger
08-16-2013, 11:22 AM
It's not from a media outlet and there is no link.

Macarthur
08-16-2013, 11:24 AM

Then you need to give a source. That is plagiarism.

Old Tiger
08-16-2013, 11:33 AM

Nah, this isn't English class and the information isn't copyrighted.

Macarthur
08-16-2013, 11:38 AM

At best, it's deceptive, at worst, it's dishonest.

rancher
08-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Good interview on Mike and Mike on ESPN Radio with Rovell on Johnny Cash. Here is link. I saw the quotation marks.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/show/_/showId/mikeandmike/postId/9563378/texas-two-step

Macarthur
08-16-2013, 02:32 PM
When you're not making an original point or not using your words, you need to say where it's from.

Saggy Aggie
08-16-2013, 03:46 PM
When you're not making an original point or not using your words, you need to say where it's from.

Lol who cares? Are we turning our opinions in to turnitin.com now?

Old Tiger
08-16-2013, 03:48 PM

lol.

Macarthur
08-16-2013, 04:58 PM

It matters that when you are using someone else's thoughts, you need to reference where you're getting it.

Laugh if you want but matters to your credibility.

Macarthur
08-16-2013, 05:00 PM
And I find it quite curious why old tiger still hasn't credited that quote.

hookandladder
08-16-2013, 05:34 PM

No ****.

hookandladder
08-16-2013, 05:37 PM
It matters that when you are using someone else's thoughts, you need to reference where you're getting it.

That's funny right there , you of all people talking about credibility . Change the subject time.

Macarthur
08-16-2013, 06:24 PM
That's funny right there , you of all people talking about credibility . Change the subject time.

You've added nothing to this thread but nonsensical BS.

Old Tiger
08-16-2013, 06:26 PM

I didn't know random message boards are a reason for credibility, lol.

I guess I can go post on Bleacher Report!

Macarthur
08-16-2013, 06:28 PM
I didn't know random message boards are a reason for credibility, lol.

I guess I can go post on Bleacher Report!

I don't understand why this is a difficult concept. You quoted someone else and didn't reference it. Thats wrong. While it doesn't warrant being drawn and quartered, it does bring into question someone s credibilty when you're attempting to influence someone's thinking.

Old Tiger
08-16-2013, 06:30 PM
I don't understand why this is a difficult concept. You quoted someone else and didn't reference it. Thats wrong. While it doesn't warrant being drawn and quartered, it does bring into question someone s credibilty when you're attempting to influence someone's thinking.I'm not attempting to influence anyones thinking. I read it on another message board and that it was damn near perfect response to all this.

Macarthur
08-16-2013, 06:43 PM
I'm not attempting to influence anyones thinking.

BS. All of us are trying to influence someone else's opinion or this thread wouldn't be 50 damn pages long.

The problem here is that you being fundamentally dishonest here.

I read it on another message board and that it was damn near perfect response to all this.

See. Was that so hard?

Old Tiger
08-16-2013, 08:15 PM
BS. All of us are trying to influence someone else's opinion or this thread wouldn't be 50 damn pages long.

The problem here is that you being fundamentally dishonest here.

See. Was that so hard?
Man you showed me!

regaleagle
08-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I can see this thread making it past 50 pages....if Johnny Boy plays this season. If he doesn't, this thread will die off like scorched turfgrass in the hot Texas sun.

hookandladder
08-16-2013, 10:26 PM

Mac , you are not as smart as you think. Looking pretty stupid right now. Get a freaking life.

BwdLion73
08-17-2013, 12:46 AM

Yeah, and that is something that is not allowed on this site...Stand by for a million member march! OT must be stoned for his transgressions.

Saggy Aggie
08-17-2013, 08:33 AM
I still think making a big deal about the source is dumb. As long as he's not playing it off as his own, which he wasn't, then none of us should really care

Macarthur
08-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Mac , you are not as smart as you think. Looking pretty stupid right now. Get a freaking life.

That's rich. This thread is like bizarro opposite world where you and old tiger try to pass your selves off as the voice of reason here.

What a joke.

Old Tiger
08-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Yeah, and that is something that is not allowed on this site...Stand by for a million member march! OT must be stoned for his transgressions.

Did you say stoned?

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/user_photos/1173654/snoop-dog-stoned-3_width_600x.jpeg

hookandladder
08-17-2013, 11:34 AM
That's rich. This thread is like bizarro opposite world where you and old tiger try to pass your selves off as the voice of reason here.

What a joke.

Think you have proven who the joke is, keep on proving us right. Questioning OT post like you are someone who could do something about it, more funny ****.

Macarthur
08-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Think you have proven who the joke is, keep on proving us right. Questioning OT post like you are someone who could do something about it, more funny ****.

Nice logical sentence there.

Unintentional humor is the best kind.

hookandladder
08-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Nice logical sentence there.

Unintentional humor is the best kind.

You funny Mac and so smart to.

rb585
08-17-2013, 02:25 PM

There is no link? Sure there is -- here's the link: http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/123419-Manziel-Wins-Hot-Piece-of-Ass-Trophy-Too?p=5586438&viewfull=1#post5586438 (http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/123419-Manziel-Wins-Hot-Piece-of-Ass-Trophy-Too?p=5586438&viewfull=1#post5586438)

Old Tiger
08-17-2013, 03:38 PM
There is no link? Sure there is -- here's the link: http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/123419-Manziel-Wins-Hot-Piece-of-Ass-Trophy-Too?p=5586438&viewfull=1#post5586438 (http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/123419-Manziel-Wins-Hot-Piece-of-Ass-Trophy-Too?p=5586438&viewfull=1#post5586438)

He thought it was from an article.

Cam
08-17-2013, 07:36 PM

:1popcorn:holy crap I've been missin' some good banter between you guys!......Guess I haven't been payin' enough attention to little Johnny's world and this thread....what was I thinkin'?.............
dang Mac...don't be using them big words on us!.....Heck, I can't even pronounce p-l-a-g-i-a-r-i-s-m!....but if I had to guess, it must rhyme with organism or something similar..........:vrycnfsd:

Cam
08-17-2013, 07:41 PM

I aced all my English classes in college..English Composition was my favorite!!!....Teacher never could figure out what the hell I was writin' about!!.....just sayin'......not only that, I was spellin' bee champ in 3rd grade!....:vrycnfsd:....who would've guessed?.....

Cam
08-17-2013, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I can see this thread making it past 50 pages....if Johnny Boy plays this season. If he doesn't, this thread will die off like scorched turfgrass in the hot Texas sun.

"like scorched turf grass in the hot Texas sun".......that's a good!.......In reality though, scorched turf grass really doesn't die....it goes dormant....Cam knows his grasses...daddy was a golf course greenskeeper!......:crazy1:
Anyways, you're right regaleagle....this thread will die like scorched ass hair from someone tryin' to light a fart standin' up!.........I actually witnessed that happen once......:doh:

regaleagle
08-17-2013, 11:31 PM
Ohhh Geez, I read it 3 times and I'm still chuckling. It's a great descriptive analogy there, Cam. And I guess you're right about the turfgrass....if it eventually gets watered.

hsbtex
08-17-2013, 11:59 PM
Man you showed me!

Yes...he did!!

Old Tiger
08-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Yes...he did!!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLESg02nIf7tXrEbFLjXDToXTjztlXi ZSUVY5lZhlPTvL-UWAf

hsbtex
08-18-2013, 12:02 AM

Hook...you're a bad ass

Cam
08-18-2013, 12:20 AM
Ohhh Geez, I read it 3 times and I'm still chuckling. It's a great descriptive analogy there, Cam. And I guess you're right about the turfgrass....if it eventually gets watered.

Well, I tell ya regal, I did more than chuckle when I witnessed that! I think I've told this story before. When I was a teenager I spent a night with a couple of my buds. One of em' had never heard of "lighting one" and didn't believe it could really happen. Anyway, I remember we got off the fart lighting subject. It was pretty late and we were dozing off. Next thing you know the non-believer of fart combustion (Ruben) jumped out of bed, ran to the kitchen and came back. All I saw was Ruben striking one of those big stick matches on the wall. He lit it and immediately placed it under his ass while he was standing up!....Next thing you know, his underwear is on fire! He ran out of the room screaming! Came back holding his underwear in his hands which now had about a 3" burn hole on them! I was laughing so hard I was crying! The only thing I remember saying to him was, "You idiot! Gotta lie down to that! Don't you know fire goes up?"......I also remember his mom walking in wondering what all the fuss was about....
I still keep in touch with Ruben. And I still remind him of that night. We laugh about it to this day!!...............:spitlol:

Old Tiger
08-18-2013, 02:22 AM
Hook...you're a bad ass

Hook's RV is badass...endless stock of shiner bock.

hookandladder
08-18-2013, 07:47 AM
Hook's RV is badass...endless stock of shiner bock.

It's all in good fun, The RV will be road tripping to Blinn games this year. I know it is only JUCO ball but man those guys get after it, fun to watch.

hookandladder
08-18-2013, 08:53 PM
I see this tread is slipping down , so I wanted to make sure it stays alive. I know the key question everyone seems to ask is there any proof, my question is has Manziel ever came out in public and made a statement that he has never received any money from anyone for his autograph sessions. Pretty simple for him to come out and let everyone know in a statement , I have heard rumors that he has not received money but has he came out and made it public. I think if he would make a statement and proclaim his innocents then maybe some would think otherwise, until he does most are going to believe he is guilty. Is it possible that he knows he is guilty therefore that is why he will not come out and deny he never took money, seems pretty simple to me.

Saggy Aggie
08-18-2013, 11:07 PM
I see this tread is slipping down , so I wanted to make sure it stays alive. I know the key question everyone seems to ask is there any proof, my question is has Manziel ever came out in public and made a statement that he has never received any money from anyone for his autograph sessions. Pretty simple for him to come out and let everyone know in a statement , I have heard rumors that he has not received money but has he came out and made it public. I think if he would make a statement and proclaim his innocents then maybe some would think otherwise, until he does most are going to believe he is guilty. Is it possible that he knows he is guilty therefore that is why he will not come out and deny he never took money, seems pretty simple to me.the silence from A&M, Manziel, Nate, the family, etc is likely due to them being legally advised to shut up. I think you're looking into too much

Old Tiger
08-18-2013, 11:29 PM
the silence from A&M, Manziel, Nate, the family, etc is likely due to them being legally advised to shut up. I think you're looking into too much

I don't think so....Have the Manziels ever been quited by anyone? Other schools have came out and said their athletes did not receive the benefits for signing those autographs. Only A&M has remained silent.

hookandladder
08-19-2013, 06:13 AM
the silence from A&M, Manziel, Nate, the family, etc is likely due to them being legally advised to shut up. I think you're looking into too much

All I am saying if you know your 100% positive you did nothing wrong then why not come out and make it public, with him not coming forward and speaking out that he is innocent is just adding fuel to the fire that he is guilty. Not to mention he is making some lawyers money for nothing, if he is innocent. Other schools like OT said have investigated their athlete's and come out and said they were innocent, he is where the problem lies with Manziel. It makes you think Manziel knows someone has the goods on him and as soon as he comes out and denys it they will also speak up, it is really sad this is dragging on so long.

Macarthur
08-19-2013, 07:34 AM
Saggy is right. You are reading too much into this.

OT, A&M did release a statement in march. Thats been covered here. They released one just like the other schools did.

coachc45
08-19-2013, 07:34 AM
All I am saying if you know your 100% positive you did nothing wrong then why not come out and make it public, with him not coming forward and speaking out that he is innocent is just adding fuel to the fire that he is guilty. Not to mention he is making some lawyers money for nothing, if he is innocent. Other schools like OT said have investigated their athlete's and come out and said they were innocent, he is where the problem lies with Manziel. It makes you think Manziel knows someone has the goods on him and as soon as he comes out and denys it they will also speak up, it is really sad this is dragging on so long.

When you have legal counsel you do what they say. Other schools were doing internal investigations and were finished with them when making statements, no open NCAA investigation.

My question is Why would he make a statement? It is not his responsibility to "prove his innocence to the public" it is only his responsibility to prove it to the NCAA. No one will believe him anyway. Heck, he said he didn't get kicked out of Manning Camp, the Mannings themselves said he didn't get kicked out, and they both said alcohol wasn't involved. Not one person believed him, they all said the Mannings were covering for him.

H&L and OT, neither of y'all have believed anything he's said so why now would you believe him if he proclaimed his innocence?

hookandladder
08-19-2013, 08:04 AM
When you have legal counsel you do what they say. Other schools were doing internal investigations and were finished with them when making statements, no open NCAA investigation.

My question is Why would he make a statement? It is not his responsibility to "prove his innocence to the public" it is only his responsibility to prove it to the NCAA. No one will believe him anyway. Heck, he said he didn't get kicked out of Manning Camp, the Mannings themselves said he didn't get kicked out, and they both said alcohol wasn't involved. Not one person believed him, they all said the Mannings were covering for him.

H&L and OT, neither of y'all have believed anything he's said so why now would you believe him if he proclaimed his innocence?

You forgot about Rancher not beleiving him also on this board, there are many other people that do not beleive him either. Just amazing you have to hire what now 3 different lawyers when you have nothing to hide, most people cannot beleive anybody would sign over 4,000 autographs for free. I ask you , would you or your son sit down and sign that many for free. Doesn't that seem really odd to you, just amazing.

BwdLion73
08-19-2013, 08:55 AM
I think if he came out and gave a statement professing that he never did anything wrong the 'Lance Armstrong' vision would form in many heads.

Saggy Aggie
08-19-2013, 11:52 AM

^^^^^

hollywood
08-19-2013, 12:00 PM
This thread is worse than the ESPN coverage. On and on and on and on and on. Hasn't the horse been dead for a while?

Saggy Aggie
08-19-2013, 12:04 PM
This thread is worse than the ESPN coverage. On and on and on and on and on. Hasn't the horse been dead for a while?

You'd have thought they'd have come up with some substantial evidence by now huh?

40 something pages of 'that sounds fishy' and 'some sketchy people who don't wanna talk say he did it... But none of them can prove it... Nonetheless, he's clearly guilty.'

Cam
08-19-2013, 12:19 PM

Holy crap hollywood!....there's a dead horse somewhere??.....Can you give the approximate location of it?.....Our rivalry game vs. the Marble Falls Mustangs is coming up and we might be able to use the horse's head once again!!.....Greendawg, are you seeing this??......:eek:

hookandladder
08-19-2013, 01:03 PM
You'd have thought they'd have come up with some substantial evidence by now huh?

40 something pages of 'that sounds fishy' and 'some sketchy people who don't wanna talk say he did it... But none of them can prove it... Nonetheless, he's clearly guilty.'

That is the crazy part , if no one can prove he received money then why is the investigation still going on. Other schools have already proved their players did not receive payments, why is A&M and the NCAA dragging this out. Got to be more to the story then Johnny is letting on, fixin to be game time.

Macarthur
08-19-2013, 01:20 PM
The schools don't 'prove' the players did not receive payment. Thats the ncaa job.

The schools have released statements that they foundno wrong doing wwhich A&M has done as well.

hookandladder
08-19-2013, 01:57 PM
The schools don't 'prove' the players did not receive payment. Thats the ncaa job.

The schools have released statements that they foundno wrong doing wwhich A&M has done as well.

Damn , I thought for sure that was Steve Spurrier on ESPN talking about his player not receiving any money for his autographs that he signed, must have been Spurrier's look a like. Has Sumlin come out with a statement that Manziel did not receive any money, if so I guess I missed it.

Macarthur
08-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Damn , I thought for sure that was Steve Spurrier on ESPN talking about his player not receiving any money for his autographs that he signed, must have been Spurrier's look a like..

So what? What difference does this make?

coachc45
08-19-2013, 02:26 PM
You forgot about Rancher not beleiving him also on this board, there are many other people that do not beleive him either. Just amazing you have to hire what now 3 different lawyers when you have nothing to hide, most people cannot beleive anybody would sign over 4,000 autographs for free. I ask you , would you or your son sit down and sign that many for free. Doesn't that seem really odd to you, just amazing.

No my son wouldn't....but my son didn't win a Heisman. My point in all of this was your statement...... you said if JFF came out and proclaimed he innocent then it would shut people up, yet you won't believe a word he says. So I ask again; why should he say anything?

There is no proof he signed over 4,000 autographs, that he took money, or that he even knew they were being sold.... yet you still think he is guilty. And to answer your question, You hire lawyers to deal with the lawyers who are trying to prove your guilt. Its called common sense!

hookandladder
08-19-2013, 02:38 PM
No my son wouldn't....but my son didn't win a Heisman. My point in all of this was your statement...... you said if JFF came out and proclaimed he innocent then it would shut people up, yet you won't believe a word he says. So I ask again; why should he say anything?

There is no proof he signed over 4,000 autographs, that he took money, or that he even knew they were being sold.... yet you still think he is guilty. And to answer your question, You hire lawyers to deal with the lawyers who are trying to prove your guilt. Its called common sense!

So JFF is not allowed to come out and say he is innocent, also his lawyers will not come out and say he is innocent. Well somebody better come out and prove if he is innocent or guilty or he will be watching from the sideline , I would be very surprised if A&M allows him to play if the NCAA does not rule one way or the other. To much at risk for the school to ignore, if nothing happens by next Monday this will get really interesting.

Saggy Aggie
08-19-2013, 02:44 PM
So JFF is not allowed to come out and say he is innocent, also his lawyers will not come out and say he is innocent. Well somebody better come out and prove if he is innocent or guilty or he will be watching from the sideline , I would be very surprised if A&M allows him to play if the NCAA does not rule one way or the other. To much at risk for the school to ignore, if nothing happens by next Monday this will get really interesting.

Why should A&M suspend him if there's zero evidence of wrong doing? That doesn't make sense to me.

Saggy Aggie
08-19-2013, 02:45 PM
That is the crazy part , if no one can prove he received money then why is the investigation still going on. Other schools have already proved their players did not receive payments, why is A&M and the NCAA dragging this out. Got to be more to the story then Johnny is letting on, fixin to be game time.

Has the NCAA said they are investigating or still investigating? I haven't really seen crap straight from the NCAA about it. When did other schools prove their players received no money? Link?

hookandladder
08-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Has the NCAA said they are investigating or still investigating? I haven't really seen crap straight from the NCAA about it. When did other schools prove their players received no money? Link?

I just said I know Steve Spurrier was on ESPN talking about his player in question and he said the player did not receive payments for his autographs, he Spurrier said came out and made the statement not any lawyers. That is my question , why Sumlin cannot just come out and say Manziel did not receive any payments. What is funny is that A&M was questioned about the signing earlier this year and Sumlin said he had no idea about the signing till just the other day. You would think the HC would have been aware of these signing earlier this year also, just really weird.

rancher
08-19-2013, 03:14 PM
Evidence? Evidence?? How about several thousand numbered autographs. How about photos taken during the autograph sessions. How about UNCLE NATE. How about being associated with scum autograph brokers who just happen to have criminal records. Lots of smoke. Those who cannot see this are just like his parents called ENABLERS.
Rancher Class of 75

rancher
08-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Remember the Albert Means case at Alabama? Yeah, the one that got Alabama a two-year bowl ban, five years of probation and the loss of 21 scholarships, among other things, and knocked one of college football’s best programs off the map for a decade. That Albert Means. There was an FBI investigation into that one. A trial and everything—-

No money trail was found, and neither was a proof of payment. There was a witness who said payment was made, and of course most people believed that Means had been bought, but it wasn’t like a receipt was laying around. It wasn’t like someone walked into court with the money and said, “Yep, here it is.” The punishment Alabama got was given because of a witness testimony…not because someone found the money.

hookandladder
08-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Evidence? Evidence?? How about several thousand numbered autographs. How about photos taken during the autograph sessions. How about UNCLE NATE. How about being associated with scum autograph brokers who just happen to have criminal records. Lots of smoke. Those who cannot see this are just like his parents called ENABLERS.
Rancher Class of 75

That's what am talking about, you can only be so naive for so long.

coachc45
08-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Remember the Albert Means case at Alabama? Yeah, the one that got Alabama a two-year bowl ban, five years of probation and the loss of 21 scholarships, among other things, and knocked one of college football’s best programs off the map for a decade. That Albert Means. There was an FBI investigation into that one. A trial and everything—-

No money trail was found, and neither was a proof of payment. There was a witness who said payment was made, and of course most people believed that Means had been bought, but it wasn’t like a receipt was laying around. It wasn’t like someone walked into court with the money and said, “Yep, here it is.” The punishment Alabama got was given because of a witness testimony…not because someone found the money.

I do remember that case.... and there was "eye Witness Testimony". That is called evidence. In this case there is not even that. The people are not cooperating!!!!!!!! Do you not understand that. EVERY allegation has been unsubstantiated. It is not illegal to sign an autograph. But if you recall, the "pictures" you are talking about have not been given to NCAA. The guy refuses to cooperate. At this point the only person to see them is Joe Schad, not exactly evidence.

Y'all have convicted him without any evidence. ESPN says that people have told them, mainly criminals, but you believe them!!! Makes no sense.

I don't know if Johnny did it or not. That is why I don't understand how y'all can convict him already.

coachc45
08-19-2013, 03:43 PM
I just said I know Steve Spurrier was on ESPN talking about his player in question and he said the player did not receive payments for his autographs, he Spurrier said came out and made the statement not any lawyers. That is my question , why Sumlin cannot just come out and say Manziel did not receive any payments. What is funny is that A&M was questioned about the signing earlier this year and Sumlin said he had no idea about the signing till just the other day. You would think the HC would have been aware of these signing earlier this year also, just really weird.

Spurrier did say that. They did an internal investigation and that was their findings. No NCAA investigation was opened. Same with a Ohio State. A&M can't comment because an NCAA investigation IS OPEN. See the Difference?

Old Tiger
08-19-2013, 03:55 PM
THey said there were 4000+ signed items?

hookandladder
08-19-2013, 04:11 PM
Spurrier did say that. They did an internal investigation and that was their findings. No NCAA investigation was opened. Same with a Ohio State. A&M can't comment because an NCAA investigation IS OPEN. See the Difference?

Ok, so you are sure the NCAA is investigating Manziel. Saggy said he was not even sure if they were , so the NCAA has an investigation open with A&M to your knowledge.

hookandladder
08-19-2013, 04:13 PM

All you have to do is watch ESPN news and find out who has been cleared, ESPN may be outlawed in College Station .

Saggy Aggie
08-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Rancher Class of 75

1) Manziel family says they're fakes.

2) 1 photo showing him signing a single autograph.... What does that prove?

3) What about him? Is there some evidence associated with him that I haven't seen?

4) I'd venture to say that you associate with autograph dealers because of the level of fame. I'd guess they're like the paparazzi chasing him around. That doesn't prove anything

Saggy Aggie
08-19-2013, 05:21 PM
All you have to do is watch ESPN news and find out who has been cleared, ESPN may be outlawed in College Station .

I'm not in college station. And I'm too busy working to sit around and watch ESPN. I just get on here quickly to read if any evidence has been found and everytime it's no lol

Saggy Aggie
08-19-2013, 05:29 PM

Lol maybe you're not aware.... But... The 'witnesses' aren't talking...

rancher
08-19-2013, 05:53 PM
HFLgjHU

hookandladder
08-19-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm not in college station. And I'm too busy working to sit around and watch ESPN. I just get on here quickly to read if any evidence has been found and everytime it's no lol

This would be the last place I would look for any evidence but that is me , I would look for evidence from a more reliable source.

Saggy Aggie
08-19-2013, 08:04 PM
This would be the last place I would look for any evidence but that is me , I would look for evidence from a more reliable source.

I figured you Aggie haters would be all over any article if any bombshells dropped on JFF... You guys know how to link... Right? Lol

hookandladder
08-19-2013, 08:28 PM
I figured you Aggie haters would be all over any article if any bombshells dropped on JFF... You guys know how to link... Right? Lol

Aggie haters, don't be hating on us. I like Johnny Football , now some of the aggie traditions not so much. Pretty sure the Manziel family could be part of the aggie haters right now, they are not speaking to highly of your school.

rancher
08-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Aggie hater, hell I am an Aggie class of 75. Son an Aggie class of 2003. Four nephews are Aggies. However, there is a lot of cognitive dissonance by a few on this site. Such blind allegiance like Nazi Germany, the Republican Party or Jim Jones.

Saggy Aggie
08-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Aggie hater, hell I am an Aggie class of 75. Son an Aggie class of 2003. Four nephews are Aggies. However, there is a lot of cognitive dissonance by a few on this site. Such blind allegiance like Nazi Germany, the Republican Party or Jim Jones.

Nah, I just require evidence to be convinced of something

speedbump
08-19-2013, 09:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oik6dXm-0l0

Macarthur
08-19-2013, 09:37 PM

Damn dude. Nazis Germany? Good grief.

Old Tiger
08-19-2013, 09:50 PM

My condolences, jk!

Old Tiger
08-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Damn dude. Nazis Germany? Good grief.

9/11 never forget!

regaleagle
08-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Just 4 more pages!!!:1popcorn:

Old Tiger
08-19-2013, 10:19 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/xgkykp.jpg

Old Tiger
08-20-2013, 12:20 AM
Saggy, here is your proof.

http://dougorama.net/images/manzielbama.jpg

Saggy Aggie
08-20-2013, 07:39 AM
Lol rancher is an Aggie democrat? Lol that explains a lot

rancher
08-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Not a democrat or republican. I am an anarcho-capitalist a proponent of Austrian economics and an uncompromising defender of personal liberty.
There is a battle between the two parties, but it is one over turf rather than ideology. It reminds me more of the Genoveses vs. the Gambinos rather than a representative government. The politicians are like mobsters and us voters are schlubs there for the shakedown makes it almost impossible for me to even listen to politicians’ BS stump speeches anymore.

Saggy Aggie
08-20-2013, 08:36 AM
Not a democrat or republican. I am an anarcho-capitalist a proponent of Austrian economics and an uncompromising defender of personal liberty.
There is a battle between the two parties, but it is one over turf rather than ideology. It reminds me more of the Genoveses vs. the Gambinos rather than a representative government. The politicians are like mobsters and us voters are schlubs there for the shakedown makes it almost impossible for me to even listen to politicians’ BS stump speeches anymore.

That explains even more

buff4ever
08-20-2013, 01:25 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/xgkykp.jpg

I can't believe I am going to cave to you non-sense.

Has JM lied atleast as of yet?

Has JM cheated in any way?

Has JM stolen from anybody?

To the best of my knowledge, I could be wrong cause I am not as passionately against him as you are, but has he said yet whether he did or did not take the money? Would you consider, IF HE DID TAKE THE MONEY, it cheating or just breaking a ncaa rule. I think if he got paid, that would not be considered stealing either, being paid for providing something.

I have avoided much comment at all over the last 47 pages. I am an Aggie, I am not impressed with JM's character and the way he carries himself mainly on the internet. I think his entire family could be a lot smarter and act with a lot better character. With all of that being said, he has done far less BAD things than a lot of college football players. People get on here and act like him breaking a NCAA rule, which he hasn't been proven guilty of, is worse than other football players breaking the law. I am disappointed in the way he has portrayed himself, quite frankly he has only put him self in jeopardy of losing a opportunity to make a whole lot more money than what he is accused of taking for autographs.

Old Tiger, my question for you, is if we all go back to reggie bush or cam newton's situations, who were proven to be guilty of questionable activities, why were you not as much or more passionate about those situations. You seem totally eaten up over the state of aggie football vs. texas football right now.

Old Tiger
08-20-2013, 01:30 PM
I can't believe I am going to cave to you non-sense.

Has JM lied atleast as of yet?

Has JM cheated in any way?

Has JM stolen from anybody?

To the best of my knowledge, I could be wrong cause I am not as passionately against him as you are, but has he said yet whether he did or did not take the money? Would you consider, IF HE DID TAKE THE MONEY, it cheating or just breaking a ncaa rule. I think if he got paid, that would not be considered stealing either, being paid for providing something.

I have avoided much comment at all over the last 47 pages. I am an Aggie, I am not impressed with JM's character and the way he carries himself mainly on the internet. I think his entire family could be a lot smarter and act with a lot better character. With all of that being said, he has done far less BAD things than a lot of college football players. People get on here and act like him breaking a NCAA rule, which he hasn't been proven guilty of, is worse than other football players breaking the law. I am disappointed in the way he has portrayed himself, quite frankly he has only put him self in jeopardy of losing a opportunity to make a whole lot more money than what he is accused of taking for autographs.

Old Tiger, my question for you, is if we all go back to reggie bush or cam newton's situations, who were proven to be guilty of questionable activities, why were you not as much or more passionate about those situations. You seem totally eaten up over the state of aggie football vs. texas football right now.

He stole from a Wal-Mart when he was a junior in high school.

He lied to police the night of his arrest presenting false identification to the officer.

We will see if he goes 3 for 3 after this investigation is done.

hsbtex
08-20-2013, 01:31 PM
I do remember that case.... and there was "eye Witness Testimony". That is called evidence. In this case there is not even that. The people are not cooperating!!!!!!!! Do you not understand that. EVERY allegation has been unsubstantiated. It is not illegal to sign an autograph. But if you recall, the "pictures" you are talking about have not been given to NCAA. The guy refuses to cooperate. At this point the only person to see them is Joe Schad, not exactly evidence.

Y'all have convicted him without any evidence. ESPN says that people have told them, mainly criminals, but you believe them!!! Makes no sense.

I don't know if Johnny did it or not. That is why I don't understand how y'all can convict him already.

Couldn't have said it any better!

But it is fun watching you little hornies hate!!

Saggy Aggie
08-20-2013, 01:32 PM
he stole from a wal-mart when he was a junior in high school.

lol...

hsbtex
08-20-2013, 01:38 PM
He stole from a Wal-Mart when he was a junior in high school.

He lied to police the night of his arrest presenting false identification to the officer.

We will see if he goes 3 for 3 after this investigation is done.

Tigger, it is funny watching you defer every time you're called out

Old Tiger
08-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Tigger, it is funny watching you defer every time you're called out

I answered 2 of his 3 questions saying the 3rd is TBD.

Reggie Bush situation didn't come up until 2009, I believe. So that situation was different and NCAA handed down punishment they saw fit. Reggie also gave his Heisman back.

The Cam situation I was adamant about but there wasn't much discussion on this board regarding it but on other boards I posted about it. Cam was dead to rights until the lawyers found a loop hole in the NCAA rule book. That loop hole has been closed now since that incident.

hsbtex
08-20-2013, 01:45 PM
I answered 2 of his 3 questions saying the 3rd is TBD.

Tigger, I guess they don't teach math at a technical institute. There were five questions little buddy

Old Tiger
08-20-2013, 01:51 PM
The 3 pertaining to the post he quoted were answered.

buff4ever
08-20-2013, 01:58 PM
The 3 pertaining to the post he quoted were answered.

I guess the others weren't directed at OT or were not relevant to his point.

Macarthur
08-20-2013, 01:59 PM
With all of that being said, he has done far less BAD things than a lot of college football players. People get on here and act like him breaking a NCAA rule, which he hasn't been proven guilty of, is worse than other football players breaking the law. I am disappointed in the way he has portrayed himself, quite frankly he has only put him self in jeopardy of losing a opportunity to make a whole lot more money than what he is accused of taking for autographs.

Isn't it amazing the amount of press JFF has gotten compared to say, Jeremy hill of lsu?

buff4ever
08-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Isn't it amazing the amount of press JFF has gotten compared to say, Jeremy hill of lsu?

Yes, that is one example of probably hundreds across the nation over the past few years. I understand the attention a heisman winner gets, and I agree he and his family could handle it a lot better and differently. But, to make him out to be a criminal over a ncaa rule and if you are stretching bar scuffle and some underage drinking is absurd.

I consider myself a pretty upstanding citizen and human being. With that being said, in college I drank at an illegal age, and was in a bar scuffle that avoided any law enforcement. Without the monster media trying to get or make up a story, JM would have probably been able to turn out descent. I don't know how much more he can take of this attention or not. Maybe it won't phase him one iota.

Macarthur
08-20-2013, 02:10 PM
There's another elephant in the room that has yet to be addressed.

These brokers are scum. Many have a lengthy record,including one of rovell's primary sources who has two drug convictions! And I've also learned in reading about this business that the authentication process is very very shady.

hookandladder
08-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Yes, that is one example of probably hundreds across the nation over the past few years. I understand the attention a heisman winner gets, and I agree he and his family could handle it a lot better and differently. But, to make him out to be a criminal over a ncaa rule and if you are stretching bar scuffle and some underage drinking is absurd.

I consider myself a pretty upstanding citizen and human being. With that being said, in college I drank at an illegal age, and was in a bar scuffle that avoided any law enforcement. Without the monster media trying to get or make up a story, JM would have probably been able to turn out descent. I don't know how much more he can take of this attention or not. Maybe it won't phase him one iota.

I think a lot of this investiagtion is being overblown media wise because of his off field problems after he won the Hesiman, you have to admitt he has done some pretty stupid things since he has won the Hesiman. No way A&M is proud of what has happened in the last 8 months, also cannot be very happy with what his Dad has said about the university's handling of Johnny Football. Winning is what it is all about, period.

buff4ever
08-20-2013, 02:38 PM
I think a lot of this investiagtion is being overblown media wise because of his off field problems after he won the Hesiman, you have to admitt he has done some pretty stupid things since he has won the Hesiman. No way A&M is proud of what has happened in the last 8 months, also cannot be very happy with what his Dad has said about the university's handling of Johnny Football. Winning is what it is all about, period.

I think I said his family has handled very poorly. At some point you have to look at a kid's (cause that is what JM is at this point, still a kid) upbringing as a possible root to his problems and decision making. Does that mean that the media should jump at every twitter post or rumor they hear. They will, because it is what sells to the majority of America today.

JM could still possibly recover from this and start to separate from his parents a little and grow up, at that point does the media acknowledge that, or do they just move on to someone else?

Saggy Aggie
08-20-2013, 02:43 PM
I heard he's still been beastin in practice despite all the off the field crap :)

hookandladder
08-20-2013, 02:57 PM
I heard he's still been beastin in practice despite all the off the field crap :)

Practice has taken the place of his drinking to deal with his stress, hopefully he is not doing both or at least in moderations. I have said it all along , the kid is amazing on the field. Most just would like to see him handle his fame a little better, maybe his actions off the field are normal in College Station. IDK.

Saggy Aggie
08-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Practice has taken the place of his drinking to deal with his stress, hopefully he is not doing both or at least in moderations. I have said it all along , the kid is amazing on the field. Most just would like to see him handle his fame a little better, maybe his actions off the field are normal in College Station. IDK.

I'd do the same crap if I was him. Screw the holier than thou attitude most of y'all have. I don't blame him one bit

hookandladder
08-20-2013, 03:38 PM
I'd do the same crap if I was him. Screw the holier than thou attitude most of y'all have. I don't blame him one bit

Like I said maybe this is expected out of him in aggie land, if so he is right on target. To each his own, he is definitely upholding his family history. A true Rebel.

coachc45
08-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Like I said maybe this is expected out of him in aggie land, if so he is right on target. To each his own, he is definitely upholding his family history. A true Rebel.
Dude....90% of College kids are doing the same thing as JFF the difference is that their is no ESPN following every move and blowing every tiny thing out of proportion.

If you and your son have an open and honest relationship, ask him what most of his teamates are doing Saturday nights after their games? Wait a few weeks and I'm sure he will have some stories to tell about them.

Saggy Aggie
08-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Dude....90% of College kids are doing the same thing as JFF the difference is that their is no ESPN following every move and blowing every tiny thing out of proportion.

If you and your son have an open and honest relationship, ask him what most of his teamates are doing Saturday nights after their games? Wait a few weeks and I'm sure he will have some stories to tell about them.

Nah... Not H&L's son. Him and his Blinn teammates are gonna be reading the bible on Saturday nights. That's what everyone does in college right?

hookandladder
08-20-2013, 04:17 PM

Dude , 90% of college kids are not Hesiman winners, what part of that do you not understand.

Old Tiger
08-20-2013, 07:49 PM
There's another elephant in the room that has yet to be addressed.

These brokers are scum. Many have a lengthy record,including one of rovell's primary sources who has two drug convictions! And I've also learned in reading about this business that the authentication process is very very shady.

Two of the alleged 6 brokers are reputable brokers though.

Old Tiger
08-20-2013, 07:52 PM
I think I said his family has handled very poorly. At some point you have to look at a kid's (cause that is what JM is at this point, still a kid) upbringing as a possible root to his problems and decision making. Does that mean that the media should jump at every twitter post or rumor they hear. They will, because it is what sells to the majority of America today.

JM could still possibly recover from this and start to separate from his parents a little and grow up, at that point does the media acknowledge that, or do they just move on to someone else?

Johnny's problem is his dad was raised a spoiled petulant asshole. Johnny's dad raised Johnny a spoiled petulant asshole. Then daddy tells Johnny no and s*** hits the fan.

Old Tiger
08-20-2013, 07:59 PM

I'm not holier than thou but drinking to get away from problems is not the way to go about things. Will lead to bad things long term. Like his idiot father said when the meltdown happens its going to be bad.

Macarthur
08-20-2013, 08:00 PM
Two of the alleged 6 brokers are reputable brokers though.

Oh, 2 of the 6 are legit, huh? :crazy1:

Old Tiger
08-20-2013, 08:01 PM
Dude , 99.98% of college kids are not Hesiman winners, what part of that do you not understand.

fify

Old Tiger
08-20-2013, 08:07 PM
Oh, 2 of the 6 are legit, huh? :crazy1:

KLF Sports and Heritage Auction are reputable brokers without criminal past and still have functioning Ebay accounts.

Old Tiger
08-20-2013, 08:37 PM
Here is a scenario for y'all. What if NCAA feels he is lying to them?

Macarthur
08-20-2013, 09:05 PM
KLF Sports and Heritage Auction are reputable brokers without criminal past and still have functioning Ebay accounts.

I don't know a whole lot about this but I don't think heritage is a broker. They are just an auction house , right?

http://www.ha.com/c/about.zx

Also, a quick google of Kevin feinstat of klf sports came back with some unfavorable information. While nothing in a mainstream media outlet, it doesn't look to me like he's a bastion of ethics.

Old Tiger
08-20-2013, 09:13 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/23237416/standard-of-proof-in-manziel-case-lower-than-you-might-think

Macarthur
08-20-2013, 09:31 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/23237416/standard-of-proof-in-manziel-case-lower-than-you-might-think

I think we're all aware of this. The article brings nothing new.

But are the Espn media reports enough on their own? Because we've seen nothing yet saying any brokers were willing to talk to the ncaa.

Saggy Aggie
08-20-2013, 10:01 PM

Nothing new. Yes he could be convicted with a "witness" testimony.... Problem is... No witnesses...

Manso/V8
08-20-2013, 10:58 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzz

hookandladder
08-21-2013, 06:17 AM
Nah... Not H&L's son. Him and his Blinn teammates are gonna be reading the bible on Saturday nights. That's what everyone does in college right?

Funny that you would bring this up , the first week of two a days on Sunday the whole team had to go to church together. No BS, I would be willing to bet there are more teams that do the same thing, maybe you should think about the bible. Could not hurt for sure.

Saggy Aggie
08-21-2013, 07:21 AM
Funny that you would bring this up , the first week of two a days on Sunday the whole team had to go to church together. No BS, I would be willing to bet there are more teams that do the same thing, maybe you should think about the bible. Could not hurt for sure.

Lmao, you're clueless

coachc45
08-21-2013, 07:43 AM

At TJC they had mandatory church during 2-a-days but once school started that stopped...... Saturday nights changed after school started, it will at a Blinn too!

hookandladder
08-21-2013, 08:07 AM
Lmao, you're clueless

I assume you have played college ball in some kind of sport, I have played college ball and lived the college life at one of the biggest party college's in Texas. So yes I am fully aware of what goes on , no one is that naive. All I am saying is that not all college athlete's are into partying like you make it out to be, there are exception weather you beleive that are not and I could care less. Yes, I would say we have a pretty special bond with our son . Is he perfect, hell no but do not think for one minute I am clueless. In life it all comes down to making choices and the ones that make the most right ones normally have more success in life, do not know if you have kids yet however if you do then this might make some sense to you. Yes , I am clueless.

hookandladder
08-21-2013, 08:15 AM
At TJC they had mandatory church during 2-a-days but once school started that stopped...... Saturday nights changed after school started, it will at a Blinn too!

Yes it most likely will , so you are saying it is OK with you for your son to be a follower and do the same. I think most coaches would rather have some of their players step up and be leaders and not just follow, pretty sure your coach would like to see your QB or someone on the team be a leader. Since you are a coach at some level , why don't you fill us in on what you expect from your players during the season. Are you saying as a coach you have no problem with your players going and getting wasted after their game on Saturday, please fill me in.

Saggy Aggie
08-21-2013, 09:06 AM
http://www.jwtns.net/2013/08/johnny-manziel-autograph-scandal_20.html?m=1

Macarthur
08-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Interesting indeed.

hollywood
08-21-2013, 09:49 AM
$$$$

buff4ever
08-21-2013, 09:51 AM
who knows what is true or not anymore these days, but this is a very believable story.

as and aggie though, I admit manziel and his family with their antics make it believable that he would take money as well, which is why the media has been able to make this such a circus.

I still predict he will be playing, for reasons just like this story and good lawyers.

Manso/V8
08-21-2013, 01:47 PM

Every bit as plausible as the theory ESPN put forth that started this "scandal"..........

Can't wait to see JFF play this year.

Saggy Aggie
08-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Every bit as plausible as the theory ESPN put forth that started this "scandal".......... exactly....

regaleagle
08-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Fifty pages and counting!!! :clap::cheerl::1popcorn:

Old Tiger
08-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Sweet blog! Good to see beergut has a good profile set up with his credentials! Especially considering all the scrutiny and blaming of ESPN the Ags are doing.

Old Tiger
08-21-2013, 05:34 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000232321/article/texas-car-dealership-offers-johnny-manzielsigned-football-for-test-drives

hookandladder
08-21-2013, 05:55 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000232321/article/texas-car-dealership-offers-johnny-manzielsigned-football-for-test-drives

The gift that keeps giving, it is amazing how many people are out to get Johnny football. I think Alabama has more to do with this then Texas, will this ever stop.

Saggy Aggie
08-21-2013, 06:03 PM

Enter a drawing for ONE autograph...

Saggy Aggie
08-21-2013, 06:04 PM
Sweet blog! Good to see beergut has a good profile set up with his credentials! Especially considering all the scrutiny and blaming of ESPN the Ags are doing.

I haven't said crap about ESPN.

How about you address the content rather than the author? This guy is as credible as Rovell lol

hsbtex
08-21-2013, 06:10 PM
I guess the others weren't directed at OT or were not relevant to his point.

Laughing!!

Old Tiger
08-21-2013, 07:20 PM
I haven't said crap about ESPN.

How about you address the content rather than the author? This guy is as credible as Rovell lol
The content is all conspiracy based.

The content reported by ESPN includes eye witness reports.

beergut is not as credible as Darren Rovell who was is a Sports Business Analyst for companies such as ESPN and CNBC. He also has a degree from Northwestern University.

Saggy Aggie
08-21-2013, 08:20 PM
The content is all conspiracy based.

The content reported by ESPN includes eye witness reports.

beergut is not as credible as Darren Rovell who was is a Sports Business Analyst for companies such as ESPN and CNBC. He also has a degree from Northwestern University. never know. Beergut could have all the answers lol

What eyewitnesses? The ones that refuse to be witnesses? Lol

coachc45
08-21-2013, 10:45 PM
Yes it most likely will , so you are saying it is OK with you for your son to be a follower and do the same. I think most coaches would rather have some of their players step up and be leaders and not just follow, pretty sure your coach would like to see your QB or someone on the team be a leader. Since you are a coach at some level , why don't you fill us in on what you expect from your players during the season. Are you saying as a coach you have no problem with your players going and getting wasted after their game on Saturday, please fill me in.

I will fill you in, like I have 20 other times on this thread. THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOUR SON OR MINE!!!!! You keep throwing out that Johnny M is not like other athletes, I am telling you that he is like the majority! College kids party, not all do, but they do!!!! If you deny that then you are CLUELESS. Everytime I bring up that college kids are just that....Kids. You tell me how at Blinn they don't, you tell me at Blinn they go to church, at Blinn they do this they do that...... All I said was that when 2-a-days end and things get back to normal, listen to the stories your son tells.

I am very fortunate, my sons didn't party much, if any, their first couple years. But they sure had tons of stories about their teamates coming in at 3 am drunk and rowdy. They didn't follow, but they got a kick out of how the drunk crowd acted!

As for how I expect my players to act in season, I expect them to act right. I expect them to take care of themselves and not party. I also am not naive. I am sure they do it, and if I find out they do it then I act accordingly. I teach character education and right from wrong and I model character and discipline. I also ddon't drive up and down the streets trying to catch them. And when I do find out, I don't act like they are the Anti-Christ and belittle them. I discipline and I teach. I understand that all kids are going to make mistakes and I try to teach them how to learn from those mistakes.

Finally...... I don't punish a kid simply because someone "SAID" they did it, I require PROOF and EVIDENCE!!!!!! I also show compassion! Something you haven't.

Let me ask you a question......Do you teach your son tolerance and compassion? I ask because it is not something you model very well.

hookandladder
08-22-2013, 06:34 AM
I will fill you in, like I have 20 other times on this thread. THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOUR SON OR MINE!!!!! You keep throwing out that Johnny M is not like other athletes, I am telling you that he is like the majority! College kids party, not all do, but they do!!!! If you deny that then you are CLUELESS. Everytime I bring up that college kids are just that....Kids. You tell me how at Blinn they don't, you tell me at Blinn they go to church, at Blinn they do this they do that...... All I said was that when 2-a-days end and things get back to normal, listen to the stories your son tells.

I am very fortunate, my sons didn't party much, if any, their first couple years. But they sure had tons of stories about their teamates coming in at 3 am drunk and rowdy. They didn't follow, but they got a kick out of how the drunk crowd acted!

As for how I expect my players to act in season, I expect them to act right. I expect them to take care of themselves and not party. I also am not naive. I am sure they do it, and if I find out they do it then I act accordingly. I teach character education and right from wrong and I model character and discipline. I also ddon't drive up and down the streets trying to catch them. And when I do find out, I don't act like they are the Anti-Christ and belittle them. I discipline and I teach. I understand that all kids are going to make mistakes and I try to teach them how to learn from those mistakes.

Finally...... I don't punish a kid simply because someone "SAID" they did it, I require PROOF and EVIDENCE!!!!!! I also show compassion! Something you haven't.

Let me ask you a question......Do you teach your son tolerance and compassion? I ask because it is not something you model very well.

Bottom line difference between you and me , you feel like it is OK for Manziel to party like the majority of college kids in college. Everyone knows college kids party along with Athlete's , hell I played ball and partied as well but I never won a Hesiman. I on the other hand feel with him being an Athlete and a winner of the Hesiman that he should know that he will be held to a higher standard then any regular college kid, Drew Brees said the same thing but hell what would he know he never won a Hesiman.To each his own, we have taught our son to be a leader and not follower and now it is up to him to make his own decisions. Everyone has their own opinion and we definitely have our difference, I will leave it at that. Just curious what State do you coach in, never heard of Chandler,Tx.