View Full Version : 3A Division II State Semifinal: Brownwood (14-0) vs. Carthage (12-2)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

gonktacular
12-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
And lost to three sorry teams.. While Carthage only lost to one this season without two of its studs.

KEITH7

I think the Wimberley (quarterfinalist), Stephenville (quarterfinalist), and Abilene Wylie (state finalist, genius) fans would beg to differ about being sorry teams.

gonktacular
12-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
We also beat some pretty good teams as well, or have you forgotten that Graham only lost the championship by a point last year. :rolleyes:

Who did they lose to? I didn't hear.

;)

BEAST
12-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Just cause you are slow does not mean everyone in west texas is slow.

Truth of it is, Shipley is faster than anyone on your team.

BEAST

rolldawgs
12-07-2010, 03:35 PM
I mentioned earlier that we all rarely get to see much on the other team, maybe a youtube clip here and there, so predicting scores and running of the mouth is just so much hot air.

BUT...for this game I've found where BW has entire playoff games online; outstanding! And shocking! (see below)

After watching the Bridgeport and Borger games, I have to agree that Brownwood is pretty much as advertised, with Shipley, Brown and Longoria being game-changers (my highest praise), with plenty of other good athletes.

But... what still has me almost in disbelief about watching those games was the level of BW's competition! OMG...who in the world did Borger score on this year, much less beat? Bridgeport had lots of heart and just enough fight to stay on the field, but WOW.

Now, before you say it, I know that BW took care of business and whippen them badly, but...it COULD NOT BE any more night and day in regards to what Carthage brings to the table.

I see a Brownwood team that is likely every bit as good overall as Carthage, and I expect a fantastic game on Friday night, probably won or lost on the usual little things that decide evenly matched games (a turnover, field position, etc..), but I can't help but think now that Brownwood's biggest challenge will be to quickly adjust to the level of physical play they'll face compared to what has been put before them so far.

And when is the last time BW faced a quarterback capable of 300+ on any given night? I would like to find that film and see how they've handled it, but don't know what team/game to look for; thanks

91 lion
12-07-2010, 03:40 PM
For my math wizzes.....

> equals "better than"

So:
Brownwood beat Stephenville by 33 (Big Brownwood win....BWD > Sville)
Sville only lost to Waco Midway by 7 (Close game)
Midway beat Everman by 23 (Not so close game....Sville > Everman)
Everman only lost to Highland Park by 6 (Close Game)
Highland Park beat Sherman by 1 (Push)
Sherman beat Sulpher Springs by 26 (Sherman > Supher Springs)
Sulpher Springs beat Jacksonville by 4 (Push)
Jacksonville beat Nacogdoches by 3 (Push)
Nacogdoches beat Carthage by 19 (:thinking: )

BWD > Sville > Everman = Sherman > Sulpher Springs = Jville = Nacogdoches.......which beat Carthage:thinking:

and yes....I know that Carthage beat Jville....but there no fun in that:D

slickarick
12-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Carthage all the way. going to be another memeber of 16 3A in the state title game.

LionFan72
Go take a look at the Snyder game, and read before post, same old rah, rah. Your defense is weak!

gonktacular
Originally posted by rolldawgs
I mentioned earlier that we all rarely get to see much on the other team, maybe a youtube clip here and there, so predicting scores and running of the mouth is just so much hot air.

BUT...for this game I've found where BW has entire playoff games online; outstanding! And shocking! (see below)

After watching the Bridgeport and Borger games, I have to agree that Brownwood is pretty much as advertised, with Shipley, Brown and Longoria being game-changers (my highest praise), with plenty of other good athletes.

But... what still has me almost in disbelief about watching those games was the level of BW's competition! OMG...who in the world did Borger score on this year, much less beat? Bridgeport had lots of heart and just enough fight to stay on the field, but WOW.

Now, before you say it, I know that BW took care of business and whippen them badly, but...it COULD NOT BE any more night and day in regards to what Carthage brings to the table.

I see a Brownwood team that is likely every bit as good overall as Carthage, and I expect a fantastic game on Friday night, probably won or lost on the usual little things that decide evenly matched games (a turnover, field position, etc..), but I can't help but think now that Brownwood's biggest challenge will be to quickly adjust to the level of physical play they'll face compared to what has been put before them so far.

And when is the last time BW faced a quarterback capable of 300+ on any given night? I would like to find that film and see how they've handled it, but don't know what team/game to look for; thanks

Bridgeport's QB regularly put up 250+ per game, had quite a few 300+ games and even 1 400+ game.

And that was just the first place I looked?

Old LB
12-07-2010, 03:43 PM

QB's from Snyder and Iowa Park, physical play will not be an issue, except for Carthage possibly. There is something special going on in Brownwood this year, at every turn this year we have won and won in convincing fashion. I, like yourself have asked myself over the course of this season when will we find that team that brings the dogfight? Guess we'll all know soon. Cinch up those chinstraps girls, this ought to be a good one!

RoyceTTU
12-07-2010, 03:43 PM

300 + what?

Running - Ward(snyder) and Clubb(Iowa Park)
passing - Henson (Bridgeport)

hollywood
12-07-2010, 03:44 PM

Bridgeport, Stephenville.

Now, I've seen footage on Carthage and know that they are good. But like you stated, it's hard to tell on film, videos, etc. IMO, Carthage looks slower than I thought and the level of competition is suspect. It's all how it's perceived.

BHS 48
CHS 24

That's what I've predicted. The 2 studs being out against your two losses didn't effect the fact that you guys only put up 20+ points on those two different teams. You will see what all of the other BW's opponents have seen. They will expose you on offense and defense. Just don't be too shocked when it happens. ;)

gonktacular
12-07-2010, 03:46 PM
It's funny that even now this still boils down to the same old tired "You haven't played anybody" that we've heard all year.

Game film can be deceiving. Our offense makes great defenses look average.

gonktacular
12-07-2010, 03:48 PM
ALSO:

Just read that if the game sells out, Abilene station KTAB will be allowed to livestream the game at their website. (http://bigcountryhomepage.com/high-school-football-live)

hollywood
12-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by gonktacular
It's funny that even now this still boils down to the same old tired "You haven't played anybody" that we've heard all year.

Game film can be deceiving. Our offense makes great defenses look average.

+1

BullBoy
12-07-2010, 03:51 PM
ALSO:

Just read that if the game sells out, Abilene station KTAB will be allowed to livestream the game at their website. (http://bigcountryhomepage.com/high-school-football-live)

with the way brownwood and carthage travel i bet it will get sold out before kickoff.

gonktacular
12-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy
with the way brownwood and carthage tarvel i bet it will get sold out before kickoff.

No doubt. I can't make this one so I'm hoping for it to sell out so I can watch it :D

91 lion
12-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion
For my math wizzes.....

> equals "better than"

So:
Brownwood beat Stephenville by 33 (Big Brownwood win....BWD > Sville)
Sville only lost to Waco Midway by 7 (Close game)
Midway beat Everman by 23 (Not so close game....Sville > Everman)
Everman only lost to Highland Park by 6 (Close Game)
Highland Park beat Sherman by 1 (Push)
Sherman beat Sulpher Springs by 26 (Sherman > Supher Springs)
Sulpher Springs beat Jacksonville by 4 (Push)
Jacksonville beat Nacogdoches by 3 (Push)
Nacogdoches beat Carthage by 19 (:thinking: )

BWD > Sville > Everman = Sherman > Sulpher Springs = Jville = Nacogdoches.......which beat Carthage:thinking:

and yes....I know that Carthage beat Jville....but there no fun in that:D

Or how about:

BWD > Sville > Everman = Sherman > Sulpher Springs which beat (>) Whitehouse which beat (>) Chapel Hill which beat (>)Carthage

Tin Cup
12-07-2010, 03:54 PM
The only thing Carthage will beat Brownwood in is the eye test before the game.

I can hear it now, "Look at these guys, we are gunna kill em!!!"

Once the game starts, whole new tone. Carthage likes physical? You're about to find out!!!

BullBoy
12-07-2010, 03:54 PM
No doubt. I can't make this one so I'm hoping for it to sell out so I can watch it :D don't worry, it'll sell out.:D

rolldawgs
12-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Bridgeport, Stephenville.

IMO, Carthage looks slower than I thought and the level of competition is suspect. ;)

I'll have to watch some of the Bridgeport game again. QB didn't look like a threat, so I watched mostly the line play. But like you say, maybe it was BW's defense. I know Stephenville is a pretty good team; will try to find that one; thanks

Yep, Carthage is slow and the competition (Chapel Hill, Henderson, Gilmer, Pittsburgh) all very suspect.

BullBoy
12-07-2010, 04:11 PM
I'll have to watch some of the Bridgeport game again. QB didn't look like a threat, so I watched mostly the line play. But like you say, maybe it was BW's defense.

our QB wasn't the fastest in the world by any means but he was a very good passer and a powerful runner. they did a very good job of keeping us out of the endzone & their defense seemed to hit another gear in the redzone too!

BaseballUmp
12-07-2010, 04:11 PM
It's only Tuesday people and there are already over 1770 posts...

Tin Cup
12-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
It's only Tuesday people and there are already over 1770 posts...

It's a Brownwood thread. People love talking Brownwood Lion football

Jauch
12-07-2010, 04:19 PM
http://www.complete-bs.com/images/stories/lion_dog.jpg

Lion Wannabe

Old LB
12-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Jauch

Lion Wannabe

:clap: :thumbsup:

rolldawgs
12-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
The only thing Carthage will beat Brownwood in is the eye test before the game.

I can hear it now, "Look at these guys, we are gunna kill em!!!"

That's what I was thinking while looking at one side of your d-line, but you never know - they could have the bigger fight in 'em. My all-time favorite player is Mr. Dat Nguyen, and he didn't intimidate too many folks before the game started.

Honestly, whomever's defense steps it up and makes 1-2 more stops than the other likely wins this one....both offenses are simply too machine-like to sputter on their own.

hollywood
12-07-2010, 04:35 PM
I'll have to watch some of the Bridgeport game again. QB didn't look like a threat, so I watched mostly the line play. But like you say, maybe it was BW's defense. I know Stephenville is a pretty good team; will try to find that one; thanks

Yep, Carthage is slow and the competition (Chapel Hill, Henderson, Gilmer, Pittsburgh) all very suspect.

Bridgeport, QB was a good solid player. Well above average arm. Very tough runner. Bridgeport could put up some offense. They had better receivers than Stephenville therefore scored more points. What's overlooked is how fast BW's D flies to the ball. If you notice in the game, BW's D gave up some big plays, but flew to the ball.

Stephenville, QB has a great arm, big kid at 6'3" 200 lbs and could run tough as well. Stephenville put up great offensive numbers but struggled in the red zone throughout the year and especially against Brownwood. They had one of the toughest schedules in 4A. Their record didn't indicate how good they were. Held Aledo below 20 points both times they played them this season. Held Brownwood to 49 points... below Brownwood's avg of 56 ppg.

Carthage has not seen an offense like BW's, I can guarantee you that... not this season. It is going to be a fun game.

greendawg84
12-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Gotta go with the wood on this one , 21 - 24:D

Tin Cup
12-07-2010, 04:38 PM
People don't respect Brownwood's ability to run the ball. It's 7 or 8 yards a carry.

Stop the pass and beat Brownwood? Not so fast my friends.

Brownwood is good. We would be in this game with ANY schedule in 3A. It's coming to a theater near you!

hollywood
12-07-2010, 04:39 PM
That's what I was thinking while looking at one side of your d-line, but you never know - they could have the bigger fight in 'em. My all-time favorite player is Mr. Dat Nguyen, and he didn't intimidate too many folks before the game started.

Honestly, whomever's defense steps it up and makes 1-2 more stops than the other likely wins this one....both offenses are simply too machine-like to sputter on their own.

Very good points. I know that Brownwood's linemen get after it!It's the fight in the dog for Carthage and the fight in the lion for Brownwood. I'll take the Lion everytime!!! ;)

rolldawgs
12-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy
our QB wasn't the fastest in the world by any means but he was a very good passer and a powerful runner. they did a very good job of keeping us out of the endzone & their defense seemed to hit another gear in the redzone too!

Thanks. The kid had some skills to be putting up the numbers mentioned by BW posters, so congrats young man. I mentioned Bridgeport and heart in the same sentence earlier, and he was a big reason why.

On a completely different note - two BW posters mentioned the Iowa Park kid as one of the good QB's they are proud to have shut down...do I REALLY have to watch that one?

hollywood
12-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks. The kid had some skills to be putting up the numbers mentioned by BW posters, so congrats young man. I mentioned Bridgeport and heart in the same sentence earlier, and he was a big reason why.

On a completely different note - two BW posters mentioned the Iowa Park kid as one of the good QB's they are proud to have shut down...do I REALLY have to watch that one?

Yes, watch Lee Clubb and his athletic gift. He was absolutely amazing!! Another young man that will be playing baseball on Saturdays.

Tin Cup
12-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Is there any Carthage game footage besides YouTube highlights?

rolldawgs
12-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
...will your coach have the balls to punt/kick to that slow little west Texas boy Shipley?
BEAST

There will be very few punts in this game. I'm being serious...not smack talking. The few punts made will most certainly not go to him. Expect our kick-offs to be those dang pooch jobs that give you a fair catch between the 30-35. I hate 'em, but it's good coaching for this game.

Unless there is any slight wind at all behind our kicker's back; he can then kick it out of the end zone; no problem. He can do it without wind, but it's back to being a risk.

rolldawgs
12-07-2010, 05:04 PM

Not that I've seen; just the youtube clips you mention.

Aesculus gilmus
12-07-2010, 05:08 PM

Channel 3 in Shreveport has a lot of highlights archived:

http://www.ktbs.com/search/form.html?searchType=site&qt=Carthage+Vs.&stories=on&video=on

You might try some of the Tyler TV stations as well, particularly Channel 19, which has individual game segments like this. Channel 7 archives their "Red Zone" segments, but you'd have to watch other games to get to the Carthage game and it'd be hard to find it.

Channel 19 is at:
http://www.cbs19.tv

LoboesWT
12-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Jauch

Lion Wannabe

That is just plain CUTE:D

Chillfan
12-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Carthage.......

Aesculus gilmus
12-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Here's how to beat Carthage. This is the Chapel Hill game where the 31-game (IIRC) winning streak ended:

http://www.cbs19.tv/Global/story.asp?S=13133816

cowboyandchrist
12-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Truth of it is, Shipley is faster than anyone on your team.

Ther are three I know for sure he can not out run. Mr. Pope for one. Number 9 and number 15. I would also be willing to bet he can't run with number 80 the 6'3" 235 lb line backer. We will soon find out how Mr. Shipley likes getting hit by Mr. Pope. Going to be one great football game.

BEAST

skins4life
12-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
42-16???

Yes 42-16
The further away you are the better you can see it!! :D

Bosqueville
12-07-2010, 05:35 PM
On the Carthage High School website we are known as the Brownwood Eagles. Just sayin.

RoyceTTU
12-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
On the Carthage High School website we are known as the Brownwood Eagles. Just sayin.

Should we tell them what we are calling them on the Brownwood website :D :D :D

skins4life
12-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Haha....I was just about to post, "You have a way of leaving me wanting more...":D

This post left me unfulfilled for some reason!!:confused:

Ahhhhh!! I see what you did!! You were editing while I was posting!!!!

:D :D

You women are something else. :D :D Always wanting more and being unfulfilled. :devil: :devil:

Ranger Mom
12-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
You women are something else. :D :D Always wanting more and being unfulfilled. :devil: :devil:

If you are gonna talk crap about our posts, at least quote them correctly!!

I can't believe I went in and CORRECTED your quote so you didn't look dumb!!:doh:

Yes 42-16
The further away you are the better you can see it!! :D

LOL!! I could read it just fine. I was just surpised because he score prediction all the sudden changed!!

skins4life
12-07-2010, 05:57 PM
If you are gonna talk crap about our posts, at least quote them correctly!!

I can't believe I went in and CORRECTED your quote so you didn't look dumb!!:doh:

LOL!! I could read it just fine. I was just surpised because he score prediction all the sudden changed!!

I guess I need some lessons. ;)

garciap77
12-07-2010, 06:01 PM
More lies...a quick check of the 1st team listed (Jacksonville), shows that they actually averaged 35.18 points a game in 11 games......far cry from 50!

I could only imagine what I would find if I wasted my time checking your claims:thinking:

Jacksonville Scores
Carthage (Carthage, TX) 26-41 (L)
Texas (Texarkana, TX) 26-13 (W)
@ Gilmer (Gilmer, TX) 43-36 (W)
@ Whitehouse (Whitehouse, TX) * 14-28 (L)
Marshall (Marshall, TX) * 30-27 (W)
@ Kilgore (Kilgore, TX) * 27-26 (W)
@ Pine Tree (Longview, TX) * 47-20 (W)
Hallsville (Hallsville, TX) * 24-23 (W)
@ Nacogdoches (Nacogdoches, TX) * 84-81 (W)
Tyler (Tyler, TX) * 14-34 (L)
Sulphur Springs (Sulphur Springs, TX) ***Rose Stadium 52-56 (L)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

hollywood
12-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist

cowboyandchrist, are you being mischievous? shame, shame!

garciap77
12-07-2010, 06:02 PM
I guess I need some lessons. ;)

Call in sick and let's go watch the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hollywood
12-07-2010, 06:06 PM

They're needy!:D

garciap77
12-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
LOL If you were playing a ball control offense, MAYBE. But we will get that 7 points back very quickly...Don't screw up, Carthage. It will put you in a hole fast.

Your defense is suspect. It has holes...this has already been proven. If you gave up 26 points a game, you will give up 40+ on Friday night...

And you almost lost to Henderson!:D

http://vimeo.com/16540999

;)

Nice Game!:)

garciap77
12-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Sounds like you're already making excuses for losing to me.

Here's some others for you to try on:

- QB has the Avian Flu

- Bus hit a lot of potholes on the way up

- That steak place we ate at last night didn't cook the food good

- Coach was mean the night before and pissed off Santa Claus

- Graham distracted us

- Monkeys

You forgot the "FLUKES"! They have only had two this season!:D:D:D

;)

Go Lions!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

oldtownag
12-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
And you almost lost to Henderson!:D

http://vimeo.com/16540999

;)

Nice Game!:)

Living vicariously thru brown wood? Are you going to adopt Carthage when the win?

garciap77
12-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Living vicariously thru brown wood? Are you going to adopt Carthage when the win?

I already told you I would! I would love to see the Three-Peat, but I have to support our district! We west Texas posters stick together!!!!:) :) :)

Keith7
12-07-2010, 06:36 PM
I already told you I would! I would love to see the Three-Peat, but I have to support our district! We west Texas posters stick together!!!!:) :) :)

Brownwood is NOT West Texas :mad:

oldtownag
12-07-2010, 06:37 PM

I'm good with that. Welcome aboard soon.

garciap77
12-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Brownwood is NOT West Texas :mad:

Prove it!:D

ccmom
12-07-2010, 07:04 PM
They're needy!:D Yes... I NEED to get a life and stop reading all this nonsense, but first...

I need a drink! :D

Cheers, goofball! ;)

hollywood
I'm good with that. Welcome aboard soon.

Another dreamer!!!:cool:

:taunt:

Rocket

No, that is just your women.:eek: :devil:

hollywood
12-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Yes... I NEED to get a life and stop reading all this nonsense, but first...

Cheers, goofball! ;)

Tink!;)

ccmom
12-07-2010, 07:07 PM
No, that is just your women.:eek: :devil: OUCH...:eek: :eek:

garciap77
12-07-2010, 07:07 PM
People don't respect Brownwood's ability to run the ball. It's 7 or 8 yards a carry.

Stop the pass and beat Brownwood? Not so fast my friends.

Brownwood is good. We would be in this game with ANY schedule in 3A. It's coming to a theater near you!

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3DhKbdTlgg

:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
12-07-2010, 07:13 PM

Well, are we going????:D:D:D

I can get you and excuse from Pancho!!!!!:D:D:D

Tin Cup
12-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Garcia, do you have Ratliffs awesome run?

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Yes... I NEED to get a life and stop reading all this nonsense, but first...

Cheers, goofball! ;) Cheers back at you! http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn53/Koppernicus/smileys/content_11040_thumb.gif

db1980
12-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Been watching the Bridgeport and Brownwood game as well. No disrespect to Bridgeport, but if they can put 31 on that Brownwood defense, Carthage's offense will have a field day. I heard the announcer call a few tackles and said the linebackers weighed 170 and 180. Gritty or not, they'll get blown up in the running game. Heck, Carthage may not have to pass the ball but just a handful of times. I noticed something about the Brownwood QB. He is great when he gets to set his feet, but is a little errant on throws when pressured. Carthage could make this game real ugly when Brownwood's line can't handle the pass rush. Brownwood will have multiple turnovers in this game.

I originally said Carthage 42-28 but I think Carthage may get a few more points after watching Brownwood against some playoff opponents.

Tin Cup
12-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by db1980
Been watching the Bridgeport and Brownwood game as well. No disrespect to Bridgeport, but if they can put 31 on that Brownwood defense, Carthage's offense will have a field day. I heard the announcer call a few tackles and said the linebackers weighed 170 and 180. Gritty or not, they'll get blown up in the running game. Heck, Carthage may not have to pass the ball but just a handful of times. I noticed something about the Brownwood QB. He is great when he gets to set his feet, but is a little errant on throws when pressured. Carthage could make this game real ugly when Brownwood's line can't handle the pass rush. Brownwood will have multiple turnovers in this game.

I originally said Carthage 42-28 but I think Carthage may get a few more points after watching Brownwood against some playoff opponents.

Did you notice we scored 61? Did you notice we won the game by 30 points!!! This game was not close, not at all. That was the first true spread pass first team we'd played. You have no earthy idea what is coming. No idea.

Everyone from Brownwood respects Carthage. You have the athletes and talent to stay with and beat Brownwood. I don't think you will though.

All you Carthage peeps keep underestimating, disrespecting, and overlooking Brownwood.

2010 Carthage Bulldogs
August 27, 2010-December 10, 2010

LoboesWT
12-07-2010, 07:41 PM

I agree that Carthage D-Line is the key to a victory! Brownwood O-Line has very good technique though. I still take BW over Carthage if D-Line pass rushes too hard we all might get to see a running game from BW or heck they may just bubble screen it to death.

ccmom
12-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Cheers back at you! http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn53/Koppernicus/smileys/content_11040_thumb.gif Hey I need one of those with a wine glass...:thinking:

91 lion
12-07-2010, 07:43 PM
More lies...a quick check of the 1st team listed (Jacksonville), shows that they actually averaged 35.18 points a game in 11 games......far cry from 50!

I could only imagine what I would find if I wasted my time checking your claims

Jacksonville Scores
Carthage (Carthage, TX) 26-41 (L)
Texas (Texarkana, TX) 26-13 (W)
@ Gilmer (Gilmer, TX) 43-36 (W)
@ Whitehouse (Whitehouse, TX) * 14-28 (L)
Marshall (Marshall, TX) * 30-27 (W)
@ Kilgore (Kilgore, TX) * 27-26 (W)
@ Pine Tree (Longview, TX) * 47-20 (W)
Hallsville (Hallsville, TX) * 24-23 (W)
@ Nacogdoches (Nacogdoches, TX) * 84-81 (W)
Tyler (Tyler, TX) * 14-34 (L)
Sulphur Springs (Sulphur Springs, TX) ***Rose Stadium 52-56 (L)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His report is skewed 91 lion. Look how many games he included for Carthages opponents. Never trust an Eagles fan anyway. They are all dreamers.

Old Keith6-man is all of a sudden pretty quiet about this one.

db1980
12-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Did you notice we scored 61? Did you notice we won the game by 30 points!!! This game was not close, not at all. That was the first true spread pass first team we'd played. You have no earthy idea what is coming. No idea.

Everyone from Brownwood respects Carthage. You have the athletes and talent to stay with and beat Brownwood. I don't think you will though.

All you Carthage peeps keep underestimating, disrespecting, and overlooking Brownwood.

2010 Carthage Bulldogs
August 27, 2010-December 10, 2010

I noticed you scored 61....against an average defense. You won by 30.....against a team that wouldn't have made the playoffs outside of that region. They know exactly what is coming. A very good offense with a pretty average defense. You keep saying Carthage will be gassed by the second half. your defense will be begging for relief. You won't score 60, 50, or even 40. I say Carthage holds you to around 30 more like 28. your defense won't stop Carthage's offense. You act like Carthage is an undisciplined bunch of athletes that have the potential to beat you......evidently you are the one with no earthly idea of what is coming. A football team from the east is coming that is very talented, disciplined and fired up. Get ready....

Rocket
12-07-2010, 07:48 PM
I noticed you scored 61....against an average defense. You won by 30.....against a team that wouldn't have made the playoffs outside of that region. They know exactly what is coming. A very good offense with a pretty average defense. You keep saying Carthage will be gassed by the second half. your defense will be begging for relief. You won't score 60, 50, or even 40. I say Carthage holds you to around 30 more like 28. your defense won't stop Carthage's offense. You act like Carthage is an undisciplined bunch of athletes that have the potential to beat you......evidently you are the one with no earthly idea of what is coming. A football team from the east is coming that is very talented, disciplined and fired up. Get ready....

LOL Brownwood's Offense is light years better than Carthage. And your defense is not going to have the discipline to read and be in the right place to stop Brownwood. This week, having athletes is not going to be enough. nacadoches..Nuff said...

Tin Cup
12-07-2010, 07:49 PM

I don't care where you are coming from, East, West, South, North.

Geography doesn't win games. Keep thinking this way Tatum...I mean Carthage

db1980
12-07-2010, 07:51 PM
LOL Brownwood's Offense is light years better than Carthage. And your defense is not going to have the discipline to read and be in the right place to stop Brownwood. This week, having athletes is not going to be enough. nacadoches..Nuff said...

Hey Mike Leach, you'll need a defense. Unless you can find one by Friday you'll be 14-1. At this level you better be great on both sides of the ball. From all accounts that I have seen on video, your team lacks one.

Tin Cup
12-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Hey Mike Leach, you'll need a defense. Unless you can find one by Friday you'll be 14-1. At this level you better be great on both sides of the ball. From all accounts that I have seen on video, your team lacks one.

SAYS THE TEAM GIVING UP MORE POINTS PER GAME!!!

We will outscore, outplay, outlast, outcoach, and outphysical Carthage in all aspects of the game. How great it is to be a Brownwood Lion!

db1980
12-07-2010, 07:54 PM
I don't care where you are coming from, East, West, South, North.

Geography doesn't win games. Keep thinking this way Tatum...I mean Carthage

You completely missed the point. A very balanced team that is equal to or better than you will beat you....you haven't met them yet, but they are coming Graham..I mean Brownwood.

91 lion
12-07-2010, 07:55 PM

We love the fact that you think that this team is finesse. Ask our opponents, ask them if they think we are soft. Offensively and defensively, Carthage will be dealt with.

It'll come to ya! :cool:

HeavyD
12-07-2010, 07:56 PM

So giving up almost 30 a game is great defense.LOL

Tin Cup
12-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Bring tha Wood

It's not a catchphrase. It's Brownwood football. At 7:30 Friday, you'll know what I mean.

:cool:

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Man I'm ready for some lion STEAK. You know DAWGS will eat anything!

91 lion
12-07-2010, 07:58 PM
You completely missed the point. A very balanced team that is equal to or better than you will beat you....you haven't met them yet, but they are coming Graham..I mean Brownwood.

You will see Shelbyville Dragon....I mean Carthage wannabe.

LoboesWT
12-07-2010, 07:59 PM
We love the fact that you think that this team is finesse. Ask our opponents, ask them is they think we are soft. Offensively and defensively, Carthage will be dealt with.

It'll come to ya! :cool:

BROWNWOOD plays physical, it looks finesse because they are fast. East Texas fast I might add.

LoboesWT
12-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Dawgdaze
Man I'm ready for some lion STEAK. You know DAWGS will eat anything!

My dog won't eat vegetables

Tin Cup
12-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
BROWNWOOD plays physical, it looks finesse because they are fast. East Texas fast I might add.

Oh what do you know? You've seen it firsthand. But THEY HAVE SEEN IT ON VIDEO.

:rolleyes:

db1980
12-07-2010, 08:04 PM
You will see Shelbyville Dragon....I mean Carthage wannabe.

Not from Shelbyville hoss. I support the Rams and the Bulldogs.

91 lion
12-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Not from Shelbyville hoss. I support the Rams and the Bulldogs.

It's pretty evident who you support....but what HS did u attend. Just curious:cool:

db1980
12-07-2010, 08:08 PM
It's pretty evident who you support....but what HS did u attend. Just curious:cool:

And what bearing does that have on this game?

Rocket
12-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Post Carthage Defense Numbers....

BROWNWOOD TEAM DEFENSE 14 games
212 points (15.1 per game)
3,978 total yards (284.2 per game)
1,845 passing yards (131.8 per game)
2,133 rushing yards (152.4 per game)
86 penalties for 666 yards
65 punts for 1,872 yards, 28.8 average
71 Tackles for Loss
34 Sacks
45 Turnovers (30 interceptions, 15 fumbles)

LoboesWT
12-07-2010, 08:12 PM
11 days and counting

91 lion
12-07-2010, 08:13 PM
And what bearing does that have on this game?

None of THIS has a bearing on the game.....that will be decided Friday night.

As for the question, it seems pretty apparent that you did not graduate from Carthage....that would have probably came right out.

I could be wrong.

.....but I know I represent where I'm from, and dont jump on anyone else's back.

Rocket and Hollywood!!! Where are you boys from?

oldtownag
12-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Graduated - Carthage High School

Played football too.

Tin Cup
12-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Hey I'm born and raised Brownwood too '91!

These guys crack me up, like Keith7. Just Brownwood haters!

91 lion
12-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Carthage High School

Good Deal!!!! Represent! Was db1980123456789 your class mate?

Tin Cup
12-07-2010, 08:17 PM

He probably went to some Louisiana school :rolleyes:

oldtownag
12-07-2010, 08:17 PM

What year did db1980123456789 graduate?

db1980
12-07-2010, 08:18 PM

As for the question, it seems pretty apparent that you did not graduate from Carthage....that would have probably came right out.

I could be wrong.

.....but I know I represent where I'm from, and dont jump on anyone else's back.

I graduated from Joaquin, but have been a Carthage supporter. My wife is from there and I make about half of their regular season games and all of their playoff games.

So does that not give me the right to reply to arrogance-filled posts? I thought Tatum and Gilmer was full of themselves but you folks take the cake.

91 lion
12-07-2010, 08:20 PM
What year did db1980123456789 graduate?

lol, not sure. He won't tell us where he went to HS, so I doubt if he will tell us what year either....maybe 1980....judging from his handle.

I was asking just out of curiosity, but sounds like I offended him.

ccmom
12-07-2010, 08:22 PM

I could be wrong.

Rocket and Hollywood!!! Where are you boys from? So I shouldn't support Brownwood??? :confused: :doh:

hollywood
12-07-2010, 08:23 PM

I could be wrong.

Class of 91! Played under Randy Allen!

91 lion
12-07-2010, 08:25 PM
I graduated from Joaquin, but have been a Carthage supporter. My wife is from there and I make about half of their regular season games and all of their playoff games.

So does that not give me the right to reply to arrogance-filled posts? I thought Tatum and Gilmer was full of themselves but you folks take the cake.

I suspected Joaquin....since you said the Rams. Nothing wrong with backing another team, if thats your thing. I just wanted to know, cause your posts didn't seem like you were a true dawg.

Didn't mean to offend.

bobcat1
:eek: :eek: :eek: The Poll Boss The Poll!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Who advances to the State Championship game?
You have already voted on this poll.
Brownwood (14-0) 73 50.00%
Carthage (12-2) 73 50.00%
Total: 146 votes 100%

Dawgdaze

No kidding!

ccmom
Class of 91! Played under Randy Allen! Ok well I bought a house from Randy Allen once, so I think that gives me the right to support Brownwood. :D

db1980
12-07-2010, 08:26 PM
So I shouldn't support Brownwood??? :confused: :doh:

Evidently you are only allowed to support the school you graduated from. Joaquin isn't 3a so I guess I should just leave and never come back.

I wouldn't miss all the brownwood excuses for nothing though.

Tin Cup

Oh hush. Open another bottle of wine and leave 91 alone :D

hollywood

No, we don't even touch the posters over on that other site! Clueless craziness goin on over there.

DaHop72
I guess I need some lessons. ;) Because you are I and S both.:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Dawgdaze
I suspected Joaquin....since you said the Rams. Nothing wrong with backing another team, if thats your thing. I just wanted to know, cause your posts didn't seem like you were a true dawg.

Didn't mean to offend.

Wow! You know where Joaquin is? How about Deadwood?

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 08:27 PM
No, we don't even touch the posters over on that other site! Clueless craziness goin on over there.

Funny, same thing they say over there!

Tin Cup
12-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Brownwood has been doubted all year long. Soon all will see, soon...

hollywood
12-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Ok well I bought a house from Randy Allen once, so I think that gives me the right to support Brownwood. :D

:thumbsup:

91 lion
Class of 91! Played under Randy Allen! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rocket
Evidently you are only allowed to support the school you graduated from. Joaquin isn't 3a so I guess I should just leave and never come back.

I wouldn't miss all the brownwood excuses for nothing though.

The team that beats this Brownwood team will get much respect. Too bad the team that can isn't in 3A.

bobcat1
Hey I need one of those with a wine glass...:thinking: This is all I could find. Take your pick! http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz200/pepper2010_bucket/thCheers-Female.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/nibbs/Smiles%20Animated/smiley-cheers.gif http://www.messentools.com/en/msn-emoticon-details-and-download/id/413/

oldtownag
12-07-2010, 08:31 PM

Or Pulaski Bluff?

ccmom
Oh hush. Open another bottle of wine and leave 91 alone :D I like the way you think! ;)

Dawgdaze
Brownwood has been doubted all year long. Soon all will see, soon...

We'll all know in less than 72 hours!

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Or Pulaski Bluff?

LOL.

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 08:33 PM
The team that beats this Brownwood team will get much respect. Too bad the team that can isn't in 3A.

Probably in 4A like yall will be when you get 5 more students!

ccmom
12-07-2010, 08:34 PM
This is all I could find. Take your pick! http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz200/pepper2010_bucket/thCheers-Female.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/nibbs/Smiles%20Animated/smiley-cheers.gif http://www.messentools.com/en/msn-emoticon-details-and-download/id/413/ Perfect!!!:clap:

91 lion
12-07-2010, 08:34 PM

You should absolutely support BWD!!!!
.....but NO ONE questions where your allegance lies.

WYLIE 'DOGS

You are supporting us...but we know that we are not your team!

.....and please know that ALL of the supporters from other teams is GREATLY APPRECIATED by the Lion Faithful.

Tin Cup
12-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Probably in 4A like yall will be when you get 5 more students!

Chooo Chooo

Make room for the Excuses Train!!!!!!!!

hollywood
12-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Funny, same thing they say over there!

LOL. Here's the difference dawg, we know who and where Carthage is. We respect them as a team and as a program! We know the kind of football Carthage plays. We know about their back to back state titles. We know Carthage! Over there, they are already sizing rings and asking about how good Coldspring and Wimberley are!!! I love the fact that they have NO idea what is about to shock them!!!!

Edit... iPhone gets words wrong sometimes!

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Because you are I and S both.:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :clap: :clap: :clap:

hollywood
12-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Perfect!!!:clap:

Oh man bobcat, you've got yourself a new Bobcat supporter! ;) She said you are perfect! :clap:

91 lion
12-07-2010, 08:40 PM

....as I posted before...I was born in Sabine County...Dad played on the 1973 San Augustine State Champion Basketball team....and both sides of my family are from there.....

.....My parents were smart, though, and got me to Central Texas as fast as they could:D

...I have ET roots.....but I have Maroon Blood!!

Rocket
12-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Another quick note about Brownwood-Bridgeport. We didn't have our stud Free Safety/WR Luke Chastain. Can we use that for an excuse like Carthage does? :rolleyes:

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Perfect!!!:clap: Here is the other one ccmom. http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1341/cheerssmiley.gif

db1980
12-07-2010, 08:45 PM
LOL. Here's the difference dawg, we know who and where Carthage is. We respect them as a team and as a program! We know the kind of football Carthage plays. We know about their back to back state titles. We know Carthage! Over there, they are already sizing rings and asking about how good Coldspring and Wimberley are!!! I love the fact they they have KNOW idea what is about to shock them!!!!

Holly, don't go to saying how much you respect Carthage now. There is 100+ pages of disrespect and We're Brownwood and We're #1 can't be beaten rah rah. Fans may not know where Brownwood is on a map, But Surratt and Co knows about Brownwood. They have ring sizers, seemed cheaper to go ahead and buy their own instead of renting one from Steptoe's Jewelry, but I can promise you the Dawgs haven't broken them out.....yet.

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Oh man bobcat, you've got yourself a new Bobcat supporter! ;) She said you are perfect! :clap: I know! I'm in shape too. Round is a shape isn't it?:D

ccmom
12-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Here is the other one ccmom. http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1341/cheerssmiley.gif Thanks! Do I have to cheer for Celina if I use any of these? I might need to switch to the hard stuff if that's the case! :thinking: :p

hollywood
12-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Fans may not know where Brownwood is on a map, But Surratt and Co knows about Brownwood. They have ring sizers, seemed cheaper to go ahead and buy their own instead of renting one from Steptoe's Jewelry, but I can promise you the Dawgs haven't broken them out.....yet.

Just proved my point! Thank you!!!

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Thanks! Do I have to cheer for Celina if I use any of these? I might need to switch to the hard stuff if that's the case! :thinking: :p No you don't. Unless we ever play in the playoffs and one of us move on. Then either of us will cheer for the other team that won, deal?

Bullbatt
12-07-2010, 08:51 PM
I am way behind on this thread and was wondering which team is home and which is visitor for this game.

91 lion
12-07-2010, 08:52 PM
BWD home

hollywood
No you don't. Unless we ever play in the playoffs and one of us move on. Then either of us will cheer for the other team that won, deal?

bobcat, are you supporting our Lions? I haven't been able to scan all they way back through this record thread! lol

Dawgdaze
LOL. Here's the difference dawg, we know who and where Carthage is. We respect them as a team and as a program! We know the kind of football Carthage plays. We know about their back to back state titles. We know Carthage! Over there, they are already sizing rings and asking about how good Coldspring and Wimberley are!!! I love the fact that they have NO idea what is about to shock them!!!!

Edit... iPhone gets words wrong sometimes!

Hey I can't help it you guys were absent from the playoffs the past 2 years...or were you? Where is Brownville again??? LOL. J/K.

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Thanks! Do I have to cheer for Celina if I use any of these? I might need to switch to the hard stuff if that's the case! :thinking: :p I found you a summer one too .http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff78/SavoryTina/Thank%20You%20Tags/Fantastic%20Awesome%20Job/21cid5F002901c7c8b024da2537e0246401.gif and even found one for Rockee to use instead of typing so much.http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac205/DOLPHINREDSUN/ALL%20MY%20SMILIES/cheerleader_4sm.gif

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Bullbatt
I am way behind on this thread and was wondering which team is home and which is visitor for this game.

Brownwood is Home!

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 08:54 PM
bobcat, are you supporting our Lions? I haven't been able to scan all they way back through this record thread! lol Why do you ask 2 dogs?:D

91 lion
Brownwood is Home!

Kinda late Dawg....just like your DBs will be on Friday:cool:

Tin Cup
Brownwood will beat Carthage so bad, they will be known as an east Texas team from now on

:D

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Dude I am way past Brownwood, just in case we come out and devastate you guys I have to scout in advance. I was a Boy Scout. Must be prepared:
Coldspring Oakhurst
District 22-3A

Coldspring Oakhurst 6 Kirbyville 20
Coldspring Oakhurst 26 Madisonville 0
Coldspring Oakhurst 42 Crocket 41
Coldspring Oakhurst 53 Orangefield 6
Coldspring Oakhurst 54 Tarkington 0
Coldspring Oakhurst 56 Shepherd 8
Coldspring Oakhurst 53 Splendora 10
Coldspring Oakhurst 48 Cleveland 8
Coldspring Oakhurst 29 Huffman-Hargrave 20
Coldspring Oakhurst __ Liberty __

*Coldspring 43 Bridge City 13
*Coldspring 53 Columbus 3
*Coldspring 27 Kirbyville 20
*Coldspring 44 Athens 14

Wimberly
District 26-3A

Wimberly 49 Cuero 42
Wimberly 33 Dripping Springs 14
Wimberly 48 Smithville 7
Wimberly 35 La Vernia 21
Wimberly 31 Sealy 30
Wimberly 52 Bandera 0
Wimberly 38 Canyon Lake 18
Wimberly 42 Fredericksburg 7
Wimberly 42 Geronimo Navarro 28
Wimberly __ Boerne __

* Wimberly 55 Llano 20
* Wimberly 43 Cuero 35
* Wimberly 42 Sweeny 17
* Wimberly 40 Navarro 14

ccmom
12-07-2010, 08:56 PM
No you don't. Unless we ever play in the playoffs and one of us move on. Then either of us will cheer for the other team that won, deal? I pretty much do that for anybody but Snyder... So deal! :devil: :D

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Brownwood will beat Carthage so bad, they will be known as an east Texas team from now on

That would be awesome to have Brownwood here. I hear you guys got a college there. In fact my Dad was telling me that we got a relative going to College there! Which college is it?

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 08:57 PM
I pretty much do that for anybody but Snyder... So deal! :devil: :D Poor Schneider. :taunt: DaHop :taunt:

91 lion
12-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Dude I am way past Brownwood, just in case we come out and devastate you guys I have to scout in advance. I was a Boy Scout. Must be prepared:
Coldspring Oakhurst
District 22-3A

Coldspring Oakhurst 6 Kirbyville 20
Coldspring Oakhurst 26 Madisonville 0
Coldspring Oakhurst 42 Crocket 41
Coldspring Oakhurst 53 Orangefield 6
Coldspring Oakhurst 54 Tarkington 0
Coldspring Oakhurst 56 Shepherd 8
Coldspring Oakhurst 53 Splendora 10
Coldspring Oakhurst 48 Cleveland 8
Coldspring Oakhurst 29 Huffman-Hargrave 20
Coldspring Oakhurst __ Liberty __

*Coldspring 43 Bridge City 13
*Coldspring 53 Columbus 3
*Coldspring 27 Kirbyville 20
*Coldspring 44 Athens 14

Wimberly
District 26-3A

Wimberly 49 Cuero 42
Wimberly 33 Dripping Springs 14
Wimberly 48 Smithville 7
Wimberly 35 Waco La Vernia 21 :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Wimberly 31 Sealy 30
Wimberly 52 Bandera 0
Wimberly 38 Canyon Lake 18
Wimberly 42 Fredericksburg 7
Wimberly 42 Geronimo Navarro 28
Wimberly __ Boerne __

* Wimberly 55 Llano 20
* Wimberly 43 Cuero 35
* Wimberly 42 Sweeny 17
* Wimberly 40 Navarro 14

What are they teaching yall over there?

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 09:00 PM
bobcat, are you supporting our Lions? I haven't been able to scan all they way back through this record thread! lol Will there be room for somebody in Orange on the Wood side?:cool:

Tin Cup
12-07-2010, 09:00 PM
That would be awesome to have Brownwood here. I hear you guys got a college there. In fact my Dad was telling me that we got a relative going to College there! Which college is it?

Harvard Payne University

91 lion
12-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Will there be room for somebody in Orange on the Wood side?:cool:

YES SIR!!!

Dawgdaze
What are they teaching yall over there?

Be Prepared...Be Prepared

db1980
Just proved my point! Thank you!!!

Would you please help me find that sarcasm button on my keyboard....I am having trouble finding it.:D

91 lion
12-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Harvard Payne University

Careful....they just may believe you....you did see the "Waco La Vernia" scouting report didnt you:doh:

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Harvard Payne University

Okay. We have P.U. here. Panola College, aka PU.

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Careful....they just may believe you....you did see the "Waco La Vernia" scouting report didnt you:doh:

It's not Waco La Vernia? My bad. Where is at? Not sure how I got that on there. Fixed.

Rocket
12-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Poor Schneider. :taunt: DaHop :taunt:

DaHop should move to Brownwood. Maybe we can recruit him like Celina recruits players. :eek:

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 09:07 PM
DaHop should move to Brownwood. Maybe we can recruit him like Celina recruits players. :eek:

ouch.:clap:

91 lion
12-07-2010, 09:07 PM
It's not Waco La Vernia? My bad. Where is at? Not sure how I got that on there.

Its either the La Vernia Bears, or Waco LaVega Pirates....and Im pretty sure that they are a few 100 miles apart, and different Regions

hollywood
12-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Will there be room for somebody in Orange on the Wood side?:cool:

If you show, you bet. I'll even bring my maroon colored glasses so you may enjoy the game even more!:D

hollywood
12-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Harvard Payne University

:fnypost: LOL

Bullbatt
12-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Has anyone heard if Ellis will be able to kick this week? Hate to see a good kid get that close to a record and it all be ended by injury.

hollywood
12-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Would you please help me find that sarcasm button on my keyboard....I am having trouble finding it.:D

lbjacj
12-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Found this on another website.Someone not from Wimberley thinks we are the best!

1.Wimberley 14-0-0 1.000 592 274 14 W
2.Brownwood 14-0-0 1.000 773 212 14 W
3.Coldspring-Oakhurst 13-1-0 0.929 590 170 13 W
4.Chapel Hill 13-1-0 0.929 595 212 12 W
5.Monahans 13-1-0 0.929 524 215 1 L
6.Argyle 13-1-0 0.929 574 212 1 L
7.Kirbyville 12-1-0 0.923 605 188 1 L
8.Celina 11-1-0 0.917 573 188 1 L
9.Sinton 10-1-0 0.909 410 153 1 L
10.Columbia 13-2-0 0.867 571 272 1 L
11.Alvarado 12-2-0 0.857 421 263 1 L
12.Carthage 12-2-0 0.857 607 367 10 W
13.Henderson 12-2-0 0.857 531 281 5 W
14.Lovejoy 11-2-0 0.846 564 165 1 L
15.Madison 11-2-0 0.846 651 228 1 L
16.Lorena 10-2-0 0.833 311 173 1 L
17.Raymondville 10-2-0 0.833 476 269 1 L
18.Canton 10-2-0 0.833 495 251 1 L
19.Dalhart 10-2-0 0.833 431 120 1 L
20.Estacado 9-2-0 0.818 464 147 1 L
21.Sealy 9-2-0 0.818 449 171 1 L
22.Sanger 9-2-0 0.818 399 228 2 L
23.Fairfield 9-2-0 0.818 401 169 2 L
24.Caldwell 8-2-0 0.800 377 229 1 L
25.Navarro 11-3-0 0.786 459 278 1 L
26.Athens 11-3-0 0.786 577 294 1 L
27.Navasota 10-3-0 0.769 426 240 1 L
28.Somerset 10-3-0 0.769 499 248 1 L
29.Mathis 10-3-0 0.769 603 259 1 L
30.Snyder 10-3-0 0.769 531 230 1 L
31.Cuero 9-3-0 0.750 415 290 1 L
32.Hargrave 9-3-0 0.750 535 244 1 L
33.Bridgeport 9-3-0 0.750 474 281 1 L
34.Kennedale 9-3-0 0.750 492 188 1 L
35.Liberty Hill 8-3-0 0.727 284 202 1 L
36.Graham 8-3-0 0.727 274 183 1 L
37.Liberty-Eylau 8-3-0 0.727 335 191 1 L
38.West Orange-Stark 8-3-0 0.727 437 141 1 L
39.Houston 8-3-0 0.727 260 150 1 L
40.Iowa Park 8-3-0 0.727 326 270 1 L
41.Burnet 8-3-0 0.727 351 196 2 L
42.Van Alstyne 8-3-0 0.727 381 264 1 L
43.Orangefield 7-3-0 0.700 281 259 3 W
44.Gonzales 7-3-0 0.700 313 185 2 L
45.Gilmer 9-4-0 0.692 518 367
46.Cooper 9-4-0 0.692 450 295 1 L
47.Royal 9-4-0 0.692 395 267 1 L
48.Lindale 8-4-0 0.667 519 292 1 L
49.Devine 8-4-0 0.667 453 248 3 L
50.Robstown 8-4-0 0.667 302 242 1

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 09:14 PM
DaHop should move to Brownwood. Maybe we can recruit him like Celina recruits players. :eek: You got that wrong. Players recruit Celina. Celina is Celina afterall. The undisputed King of High School football in the State of Texas. 8-time State Champs. Many such as Brownwood strive to emulate the success of Celina. The 68 game win streak is almost unattainable except by another Celina set of teams. :D

hollywood
12-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Bullbatt
Has anyone heard if Ellis will be able to kick this week? Hate to see a good kid get that close to a record and it all be ended by injury.
:2thumbsup

91 lion
12-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
Found this on another website.Someone not from Wimberley thinks we are the best!

hmmm....Carthage #12.....Argyle #6:thinking:
and........Royal #47........Kirbyville #7

Real Credible

:hand:

not sure what they were thinking here

DaHop72
12-07-2010, 09:18 PM
I pretty much do that for anybody but Snyder... So deal! :devil: :D :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Dawgdaze

They also thought Carthage was 12th. So...they weren't very good thinkers.

DaHop72
Poor Schneider. :taunt: DaHop :taunt: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: Wouldn't want you to feel slighted.:D

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 09:20 PM
hmmm....Carthage #12.....Argyle #6:thinking:
and........Royal #47........Kirbyville #7

Real Credible

:hand:

not sure what they were thinking here It looks like winning percentage period to me.

DaHop72
12-07-2010, 09:20 PM
DaHop should move to Brownwood. Maybe we can recruit him like Celina recruits players. :eek: I would probably look better in orange than maroon, accents the color of my eyes.:devil: :devil:

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 09:21 PM
I would probably look better in orange than maroon, accents the color of my eyes.:devil: :devil: Come on! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Looking4number8
12-07-2010, 09:22 PM
I would probably look better in orange than maroon, accents the color of my eyes.:devil: :devil:

:thmbdwn: I seriously think Maroon could be your color!

DaHop72
12-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Serious question I've been meaning to ask, looking for a real answer (don't answer Rockee), not a snide answer (that would be you Rockee):devil: :devil: how come with the credentials that he has on his resume that the OC at Bwood isn't a head coach?

Looking4number8
12-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Serious question I've been meaning to ask, looking for a real answer (don't answer Rockee), not a snide answer (that would be you Rockee):devil: :devil: how come with the credentials that he has on his resume that the OC at Bwood isn't a head coach?

Great question but dont say it out loud... The guy rocks and we need to keep him and the whole coaching staff..... in all honestly that was Freemans downfall. He taught great assistants and they moved on to bigger and better things. Soon (10 years) his cubbard went dry. We had the football talent but some of our coaches were not as quality as we had had in the past.

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Serious question I've been meaning to ask, looking for a real answer (don't answer Rockee), not a snide answer (that would be you Rockee):devil: :devil: how come with the credentials that he has on his resume that the OC at Bwood isn't a head coach? I bet he might be after this year.;)

hollywood
12-07-2010, 09:31 PM

He's a mad scientist! He loves scheming up plays. No time for rah rah. :D

Honestly, I have no idea. Some coaches love where they are and wouldn't have it any other way.

carter08
12-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Brownwood is overrated.

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 09:33 PM
If Shipley leaves does the OC take over or do larger schools come calling with $$$,$$$?

91 lion

You didnt know??? He is a Head Coach.

Just ask MaxPreps

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/jV1Lio_mRESTUPFdd6mzrg/brownwood-lions/football/home.htm

hollywood
Did anyone else realize this thread will probably hit 2000 posts before the days over???

hollywood
12-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Brownwood is overrated.

Elaborate on your silliness!

91 lion
12-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Great question but dont say it out loud... The guy rocks and we need to keep him and the whole coaching staff..... in all honestly that was Freemans downfall. He taught great assistants and they moved on to bigger and better things. Soon (10 years) his cubbard went dry. We had the football talent but some of our coaches were not as quality as we had had in the past.

Lost coaches and kids!

Jarrett Lee and JW Walsh come to mind.

Looking4number8
12-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Lost coaches and kids!

Jarrett Lee and JW Walsh come to mind.

and the kid that is a freshman at Austin Westlake this year... his dad was the QB coach for Freeman????

zebrablue2
12-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Did anyone else realize this thread will probably hit 2000 posts before the days over???

Here is my contribution!! Good luck to both teams, and play injury free!!!

garciap77
12-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Garcia, do you have Ratliffs awesome run?

I was walking back from the M&G when that happened!:(

I need some more pratice at the video thing! :mad: I use to be good at it back in the day!:D

91 lion
12-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
and the kid that is a freshman at Austin Westlake this year... his dad was the QB coach for Freeman????

Allman...or was it some one else that he took with him from BWD?

Tin Cup
12-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Could you even imagine JW on this Brownwood team? Holy smokes!!!!

But I think we turned out just fine with GB!

91 lion
12-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Could you even imagine JW on this Brownwood team? Holy smokes!!!!

But I think we turned out just fine with GB!

we are absolutely fine.

wow....Freeman to Lee to Pachall to Walsh/Brown

That would have been a heck of a run at QB

Rocket
12-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Allman...or was it some one else that he took with him from BWD?

Coach Jeff Rhoads.. If you know about Katy, the stadium is named for his dad. He is a great guy and a good friend of our family. His kid will be a stud at Westlake. Remember the name Rhoads!

Rhoads has a few rings himself from Katy as OC.

91 lion
12-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Coach Jeff Rhoads.. If you know about Katy, the stadium is named for his dad. He is a great guy and a good friend of our family. His kid will be a stud at Westlake. Remember the name Rhoads!

Thats RIGHT!!!

hollywood
12-07-2010, 10:00 PM
we are absolutely fine.

wow....Freeman to Lee to Pachall to Walsh/Brown

That would have been a heck of a run at QB

Almost Stephenville-ish!:D

garciap77
12-07-2010, 10:05 PM

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/drunk-irish-048.gif

rolldawgs
12-07-2010, 10:08 PM
hmmm....Carthage #12.....Argyle #6

Well, Argyle is 13-1 while lowly Carthage is only 12-2, so
Argyle MUST be better, right? At least 91 lion has figured out how
weak that line of thinking is.

Carthage had lost two early season games the year they ran over Celina in the '08 State Championship as well. Celina thought they were as untouchable then as BW thinks they are now.

Newsflash guys...there are four teams left that can flat out play with each other, and the team that executes the best from this point on will bring home the hardware.

garciap77
12-07-2010, 10:10 PM
SAYS THE TEAM GIVING UP MORE POINTS PER GAME!!!

We will outscore, outplay, outlast, outcoach, and outphysical Carthage in all aspects of the game. How great it is to be a Brownwood Lion!

Almost as great as being a "Wylie Bulldog"!!!!:D:D:D:D

LIONS#1
12-07-2010, 10:13 PM
lions

LIONS#1
12-07-2010, 10:13 PM
number

LIONS#1
12-07-2010, 10:14 PM
1 since I can'r vote in the poll!

LIONS#1
12-07-2010, 10:15 PM
and

DaHop72
12-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by LIONS#1
lions and http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/tiger-3.jpg and http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/bad_dog.gif.:D

LIONS#1
12-07-2010, 10:16 PM
since

LIONS#1
12-07-2010, 10:17 PM
I

LIONS#1
12-07-2010, 10:19 PM
can't

LIONS#1
12-07-2010, 10:19 PM
vote

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Well, Argyle is 13-1 while lowly Carthage is only 12-2, so
Argyle MUST be better, right? At least 91 lion has figured out how
weak that line of thinking is.

Carthage had lost two early season games the year they ran over Celina in the '08 State Championship as well. Celina thought they were as untouchable then as BW thinks they are now.

Newsflash guys...there are four teams left that can flat out play with each other, and the team that executes the best from this point on will bring home the hardware. I love it when people say "NewsFlash":rolleyes: Contrare my little puppy dog friend. Celina had lost a few games that year so intouchable, not hardly. They also lost our nose which would have helped keep your O-line off of Lavey. I don't know if that would have changed the outcome but it did not help.

This team you will face is solid all the way both sides of the ball. Can they beat the 2-time champs? I think so. I think 56-21 sounds about right to me.

hollywood
1 since I can'r vote in the poll!

You get a post every 30 seconds. You can vote within the next 35 minutes if you stick to this. ;)

LIONS#1
untill

hollywood
12-07-2010, 10:21 PM
vote :clap:

LIONS#1
12-07-2010, 10:22 PM
I

bobcat1
vote For what poll? Go to the non-sports section and have your post build time there. :rolleyes: :D

LIONS#1
reach

LIONS#1
12-07-2010, 10:23 PM

LIONS#1
12-07-2010, 10:24 PM
LIONS#1
12-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Then

LH Panther Mom
12-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Then
Sorry - you're just padding your post count now!

Ranger Mom
12-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Hey I need one of those with a wine glass...:thinking:

http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Drinking%20Animated%20Emoticons/drinking%20wine.gif

unclebeebeep
12-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Im pulling for Carthage

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by unclebeebeep
Im pulling for Carthage

Thank you sir! Get that post count up so you can vote for the DAWGS then!

69 Hours 35 minutes and 20 seconds until kickoff!

garciap77
12-07-2010, 10:56 PM
go lions

hollywood
12-07-2010, 11:04 PM
go lions

By 24 points! ;)

LionFan72
12-07-2010, 11:46 PM
I love it when people say "NewsFlash":rolleyes: Contrare my little puppy dog friend. Celina had lost a few games that year so intouchable, not hardly. They also lost our nose which would have helped keep your O-line off of Lavey. I don't know if that would have changed the outcome but it did not help.

This team you will face is solid all the way both sides of the ball. Can they beat the 2-time champs? I think so. I think 56-21 sounds about right to me.

Thanks Bobcat1, knew you would come around! Even Stevie Wonder could feel this train coming. And you need a seat, call me, hook you right up!

Rocket
12-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Brownwood by a bunch...

Dawgdaze
12-08-2010, 12:41 AM
Jordan Shipley keeps high school receiving record after error discovered

Jordan Shipley holds the all-time high school record for career receptions in Texas, with 264. That might be headline news to subscribers of a credible publication that has listed him as having 252 since he graduated from Burnet High in 2004.

The disparity popped up recently when a rising star, Whitehouse receiver Trey Metoyer, closed in on Shipley's record. The University of Oklahoma-bound Metoyer was approaching 252 catches, which is listed as the state career record by "Dave Campbell's Texas Football," often called "The Bible" of football in this state.

Metoyer finished with 259 catches as Whitehouse lost to Mesquite Poteet in a Class 4A playoff game on Nov. 20. He fought until the end, catching 14 passes for 131 yards.

Instead of breaking Shipley's mark by seven catches, though, Metoyer fell short of it by five.

To its credit, Texas Football admitted the mistake and will post Shipley's career record at 264 when the magazine goes to press next summer.

Although the switch from 252 to 264 might sound fishy, there was no conspiracy behind Shipley retaining his record. A chart published in the American-Statesman on Dec. 12, 2003, listed Shipley as having 259 receptions headed into Burnet's Class 3A state championship game against Gainesville. Shipley caught five passes in that loss, ending his high school career with 264 receptions.

The mistake was caught by football historian Joe Lee Smith, according to Travis Stewart, managing editor of Texas Football. Smith updates state records "from time to time," according to Stewart, and he is confident 264 is the correct total.

If 264 receptions adds up to the correct record, why did Texas Football list 252 for the past six years? And how come no one caught the error until now?

"I don't even have a theory," Stewart said. "The last magazine before I got here, the 2006 summer magazine, lists 252. We were owned by a different company then with different employees, so there's no way for me to track how that number was devised."

The University Interscholastic League, the governing body of public high school athletics in Texas, does not keep track of career records.

According to the 2003 American-Statesman article, Shipley caught 43 passes during his freshman season at Class A Rotan High. When his father, Rotan coach Bob Shipley, became the head coach at Burnet in 2001, Jordan hooked up with a quarterback who would emerge as one of the best in the state, Stephen McGee.

Before they parted ways — Shipley heading to the University of Texas, McGee to Texas A&M — in 2004, they combined for some astonishing numbers during their three seasons together in Burnet.

Shipley caught 47 passes as a sophomore, 79 as a junior and 95 as a senior. Shipley also owns the state's career record for total receiving yardage with 5,424, more than 1,000 yards ahead of the No. 2 receiver, China Spring's Mike Hicks (2005-08).

When contacted by the American-Statesman last week, Bob Shipley said he was unaware of the record mixup. During Jordan Shipley's six seasons at Texas — his college career included a redshirt season and a medical-hardship season — the school's football media guide listed him with 264 catches for his high school career.

Longhorns sports information director John Bianco said Bob Shipley provided him with his son's high school statistics. "There's no reason to believe they weren't accurate," Bianco said.

Bob Shipley, who now coaches at Brownwood, said he has more pressing issues than worrying about his son's high school records. This week, a Class 3A state semifinal matchup against Carthage is the most important challenge on his plate.

Shipley said Jordan had two advantages in high school — playing with McGee as his quarterback and going to the Class 3A state finals in consecutive seasons. Burnet played 30 games in those two seasons, going 28-2.

"I seriously couldn't have told you within a hundred (catches) what the record was," Bob Shipley said. "I feel sorry for the kid (Metoyer). If he could have played the same number of games Jordan did, he could have blown it out of the water."

Now that's a classy coach! I am impressed. I am going to hate to see Carthage knock your guys out. :)

Louie13
12-08-2010, 03:42 AM
I can't keep up with all this -- this week. I've actually had to work. After nearly 2000 post and 50 pages, is the game over. Who won? :devil:
Oh nm, think I'll go to the game on Friday and see for myself. All these peat and repeat opinions are not going to change the outcome.:vrycnfsd: :1popcorn: :vrycnfsd:

LIONS ARE GRRRREAT!!

Louie13
12-08-2010, 03:49 AM
I just keep laughing about our kicking game being a weakness. 93-100 people. That's our weakness!!!

Bring it baby!!!

Oh yeah, agree, they are getting mileage outta that one. Read Chapt 14, without reading Chapt 1 -13.:) :cool: :)

Louie13
12-08-2010, 04:00 AM
I want to use my IGN****** Graphic so bad this week..it applies to so many people...

Guess this isn't politically correct, but I miss that post.:devil: Those red and black letters were very appealing and funny. Oops --my twisted humor.

Can it be posted without replying to anyone? Just dropped in? :1omg!:

Oh, prob not, but I think it should hit the airwaves about every 25 posts -- not aiming at anyone in particular. "If the shoe fits ....."

LOL

Well, it's 3:00 a.m. and I'm not responsible for my opinions this time of night!!

GO LIONS! YOU ARE GREAT!

Louie13
12-08-2010, 04:23 AM
Brownwood Weaknesses: Bus breaks down

Carthage Weakness: They show up for the game.

INTELLIGENT INTELLIGENT INTELLIGENT

:D :D :D

Ok thanks, I got a few in while everybody was sleeping.:inlove:

GO BROWNWOOD! 48-21

garciap77
12-08-2010, 08:49 AM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

garciap77
12-08-2010, 08:53 AM

The College is in Early! Don't let them tell you it's in Brownwood!:D:D:D

RoyceTTU
12-08-2010, 08:57 AM
The College is in Early! Don't let them tell you it's in Brownwood!:D:D:D

Its across the street from whataburger!!!! :D

garciap77
12-08-2010, 09:00 AM

12.Carthage 12-2-0 0.857 607 367 10 W :D
50.Robstown 8-4-0 0.667 302 242 1 ;)

garciap77
12-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Its across the street from whataburger!!!! :D

I knew it!!!!!:D:D:D

RoyceTTU
12-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Wow!!! I missed a good pi$$ing match last night :D

db1980231657986321 sounds a bit butt hurt. :D

hollywood
12-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Carthage Bulldogs
Coach: Scott Surratt

Texas PowerRating 81.43
National PowerRating 81.43
Region III 5 of 46
3A 9 of 183
Midwestern Large 18 of 932
Nat'l Large 88 of 4178

Overview
What is the PowerRating? What are the Active Power Ratings? Active Power Ratings The Active Power Rating is a number computed for every team such that if you sum the difference of the power ratings between a team and all it's opponents and add in a home-field advantage for each game, the result is exactly equal to the sum of the margin of victory or loss for each of the games played for that team. Another interpretation of the power rating is that based on past game scores, if two teams played each other on a neutral field the margin of victory or loss will, on average, be equal to the difference in power rating between these two teams.

Ranking We use the Active Power Ratings to rank teams within a state according to their playoff class and across states in a SportsPower class. This means that small schools are ranked with small schools and large schools are ranked with large schools. You can see teams ranked by their power rating within the state playoff structure and then between states by selecting a regional or national view.

SportsPower Classifications Each state has its own system for classifying schools into championship groups. Unfortunately this makes it difficult to compare teams between states in peer groups. SportsPower has defined 4 classes based on school enrollments so that approximately 25% of all of the teams are in the Mega, Large, Mid or Small class. We can then easily rank teams using their power ratings across states by using the SportsPower Classification and ensure that teams are ranked fairly.

For more details on our the Active Power Ratings download our PDF brochure.

Region III 3A Midwestern Large Nat'l Large Name State Nat'l PR State PR SOS Pct. W L T

1 Brownwood Lions TX 92.58 92.58 60.94 100.00 13 0 0
2 Chapel Hill Bulldogs TX 85.04 85.04 55.29 92.86 13 1 0
3 Yoe Yoemen TX 84.73 84.73 50.08 100.00 13 0 0
4 Kirbyville Wildcats TX 83.68 83.68 54.16 92.31 12 1 0
5 Wimberley Texans TX 83.58 83.58 49.90 100.00 14 0 0
6 Coldspring-Oakhurst Trojans TX 83.49 83.49 56.36 92.31 12 1 0
7 Argyle Eagles TX 82.70 82.70 54.38 92.86 13 1 0
8 Monahans Loboes TX 81.56 81.56 56.61 92.86 13 1 0
9 Carthage Bulldogs TX 81.43 81.43 64.40 85.71 12 2 0
10 Celina Bobcats TX 79.69 79.69 52.82 91.67 11 1 0
11 Henderson Lions TX 79.25 79.25 56.42 85.71 12 2 0
12 Tatum Eagles TX 77.27 77.27 47.73 91.67 11 1 0
13 Bridgeport Bulls TX 75.08 75.08 54.43 83.33 10 2 0
14 Alvarado Indians TX 74.66 74.66 50.01 85.71 12 2 0
15 West Columbia Warriors TX 74.12 74.12 45.35 90.00 9 1 0
16 Navasota Rattlers TX 73.49 73.49 58.74 78.57 11 3 0
17 Sinton Pirates TX 73.38 73.38 45.69 90.91 10 1 0
18 Dalhart Wolves TX 73.07 73.07 51.33 83.33 10 2 0
19 Lovejoy Leopards TX 72.82 72.82 50.36 83.33 10 2 0
20 Sealy Tigers TX 72.82 72.82 55.10 81.82 9 2 0
21 Lorena Leopards TX 72.47 72.47 51.08 83.33 10 2 0
22 Snyder Tigers TX 72.36 72.36 58.35 76.92 10 3 0
23 Gilmer Buckeyes TX 70.79 70.79 63.92 69.23 9 4 0
24 Madison Trojans TX 70.73 70.73 41.92 84.62 11 2 0
25 Estacado Matadors

This one seems more accurate. Of course, there's always those flukes.;)

www.sportspower.com

garciap77
12-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Wow!!! I missed a good pi$$ing match last night :D

db1980231657986321 sounds a bit butt hurt. :D

He might be movie material!:D :D :D

garciap77
12-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Carthage Bulldogs
Coach: Scott Surratt

Texas PowerRating 81.43
National PowerRating 81.43
Region III 5 of 46
3A 9 of 183
Midwestern Large 18 of 932
Nat'l Large 88 of 4178

Overview
What is the PowerRating? What are the Active Power Ratings? Active Power Ratings The Active Power Rating is a number computed for every team such that if you sum the difference of the power ratings between a team and all it's opponents and add in a home-field advantage for each game, the result is exactly equal to the sum of the margin of victory or loss for each of the games played for that team. Another interpretation of the power rating is that based on past game scores, if two teams played each other on a neutral field the margin of victory or loss will, on average, be equal to the difference in power rating between these two teams.

Ranking We use the Active Power Ratings to rank teams within a state according to their playoff class and across states in a SportsPower class. This means that small schools are ranked with small schools and large schools are ranked with large schools. You can see teams ranked by their power rating within the state playoff structure and then between states by selecting a regional or national view.

SportsPower Classifications Each state has its own system for classifying schools into championship groups. Unfortunately this makes it difficult to compare teams between states in peer groups. SportsPower has defined 4 classes based on school enrollments so that approximately 25% of all of the teams are in the Mega, Large, Mid or Small class. We can then easily rank teams using their power ratings across states by using the SportsPower Classification and ensure that teams are ranked fairly.

For more details on our the Active Power Ratings download our PDF brochure.

Region III 3A Midwestern Large Nat'l Large Name State Nat'l PR State PR SOS Pct. W L T

1 Brownwood Lions TX 92.58 92.58 60.94 100.00 13 0 0
2 Chapel Hill Bulldogs TX 85.04 85.04 55.29 92.86 13 1 0
3 Yoe Yoemen TX 84.73 84.73 50.08 100.00 13 0 0
4 Kirbyville Wildcats TX 83.68 83.68 54.16 92.31 12 1 0
5 Wimberley Texans TX 83.58 83.58 49.90 100.00 14 0 0
6 Coldspring-Oakhurst Trojans TX 83.49 83.49 56.36 92.31 12 1 0
7 Argyle Eagles TX 82.70 82.70 54.38 92.86 13 1 0
10 Celina Bobcats TX 79.69 79.69 52.82 91.67 11 1 0
11 Henderson Lions TX 79.25 79.25 56.42 85.71 12 2 0
12 Tatum Eagles TX 77.27 77.27 47.73 91.67 11 1 0
13 Bridgeport Bulls TX 75.08 75.08 54.43 83.33 10 2 0
14 Alvarado Indians TX 74.66 74.66 50.01 85.71 12 2 0
15 West Columbia Warriors TX 74.12 74.12 45.35 90.00 9 1 0
16 Navasota Rattlers TX 73.49 73.49 58.74 78.57 11 3 0
17 Sinton Pirates TX 73.38 73.38 45.69 90.91 10 1 0
18 Dalhart Wolves TX 73.07 73.07 51.33 83.33 10 2 0
19 Lovejoy Leopards TX 72.82 72.82 50.36 83.33 10 2 0
20 Sealy Tigers TX 72.82 72.82 55.10 81.82 9 2 0
21 Lorena Leopards TX 72.47 72.47 51.08 83.33 10 2 0
22 Snyder Tigers TX 72.36 72.36 58.35 76.92 10 3 0
23 Gilmer Buckeyes TX 70.79 70.79 63.92 69.23 9 4 0
24 Madison Trojans TX 70.73 70.73 41.92 84.62 11 2 0
25 Estacado Matadors

This one seems more accurate. Of course, there's always those flukes.;)

www.sportspower.com

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

hollywood
12-08-2010, 09:26 AM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Yep... hince the 44-14 win over Monahans.

48-24 BW over Carthage if not by more. ;) :doh: :cool:

*Of course we will see Brownwood's best effort against Carthage. The coaches and players know how good Carthage is and are very focused on the job at hand.

garciap77
12-08-2010, 09:33 AM
What happened to the Carthage posters? Did Louie13 scare them away!:D:D:D

Tin Cup
12-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Carthage offense question. If you take away Claiborne and the RB, what options do they have?

Ranger Mom
12-08-2010, 09:58 AM
This thread is getting SERIOUSLY redundant!!!

hollywood
12-08-2010, 10:01 AM

Are you padding your posts again?:D :inlove:

bobcat1
12-08-2010, 10:01 AM
This thread is getting SERIOUSLY redundant!!! Ya think? Can we save this one for next week and just edit in Wimberly if Brownwood and Wimberly advance?

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2010, 10:02 AM

I was actually going to post how this thread has gotten very boring lol

50 yard line fan
12-08-2010, 10:04 AM
If we were to start talking about how redundant this thread is and if that has not already been discussed, would it be considered redundant? :vrycnfsd:

Tin Cup
12-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Brownwood will beat Carthage. Nothing else to say

Ranger Mom
12-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Are you padding your posts again?:D :inlove:

Yep....I don't want to fall too far behind!

bobcat1
12-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Brownwood will beat Carthage. Nothing else to say

If Brownwood wins Friday night, there will be several bwood fans at the game. If we lose, nobody will be in the mood lol :thinking:

garciap77
12-08-2010, 10:10 AM
:thinking:

BullBoy
12-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Carthage offense question. If you take away Claiborne and the RB, what options do they have?

QB SCRAMBLE!!