PDA

View Full Version : 3A Division II State Semifinal: Brownwood (14-0) vs. Carthage (12-2)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Now I KNOW Bobcat loves us!!!:cool: See!:taunt:

LoboesWT
12-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
And there is no way Monahans would punt to him either right? LOL

Wind Assisted Punts LOL

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
Wind Assisted Punts LOL

I heard yall just wanted to see the show!!!

hollywood
12-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by db1980
One more question, did he coach under Art Briles?

Ding ding! Merkett has been the master mind behind all of those exposive offenses... and still is!;)

91 lion
12-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
See!:taunt: :)

BwdLion73
12-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Anyway 'ccmoms' updates could be moved to page one? Just like last week I have spent a half of my Monday trying to catch up! Lucky for me I'm at work and did not waste any personal time.

:thinking: :D

BullBoy
12-06-2010, 03:16 PM
who is the home team/?

ccmom
12-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Anyway 'ccmoms' updates could be moved to page one? Just like last week I have spent a half of my Monday trying to catch up! Lucky for me I'm at work and did not waste any personal time.

:thinking: :D

I'm not sure whether to be flattered or insulted by that, but I will go with flattered. :doh: ;)

defense51
12-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Brownwood should win this one, but not without a fight from Carthage. Brownwood is exceptional in all areas of the game this year, look for a defensive struggle as Carthage holds Brownwood to it's lowest score of the year. Brownwood 17 - Carthage 7.

Rocket
12-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Hey Ya...

Come get some...

Click to Play Hey Ya | Brownwood Lions 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esZ2q9-tY44)

Ranger Mom
12-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I'm not sure whether to be flattered or insulted by that, but I will go with flattered. :doh: ;)

I took it as a compliment!!

I wonder how bad we are getting on the Brownwood and Carthage posters nerves by posting all this frivolous stuff right in the middle of their thread!!

:D :D

ccmom
12-06-2010, 03:25 PM
I took it as a compliment!!

I wonder how bad we are getting on the Brownwood and Carthage posters nerves by posting all this frivolous stuff right in the middle of their thread!!

:D :D

Hehe....I know!! :devil:

That's why I thought maybe he was a little miffed, at me. Oh well, as you can see it hasn't stopped me from continuing!! :D

Ranger Mom
12-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Hey Ya...

Come get some...

Click to Play Hey Ya | Brownwood Lions 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esZ2q9-tY44)

LOL!!

I am gonna have Heeeey Yaaaaaaa...shake it, shake it, shake it.....stuck in my head for the rest of the day!!!

db1980
12-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Ding ding! Merkett has been the master mind behind all of those exposive offenses... and still is!;)

you don't think Briles called his own plays while coaching in high school? He does at Baylor, did at Houston. I feel he was the mastermind of the s'ville offenses.

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 03:33 PM
you don't think Briles called his own plays while coaching in high school? He does at Baylor, did at Houston. I feel he was the mastermind of the s'ville offenses.

Just wait til Friday, you'll see a mastermind. As for Briles, he is an outstanding coach. Behind every good head coach, is good assistant coaches. Our coaches have put our players in a position to win and be successful all season. Same story this week as well

BwdLion73
12-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Hehe....I know!! :devil:

That's why I thought maybe he was a little miffed, at me. Oh well, as you can see it hasn't stopped me from continuing!! :D

Not miffed at all. I have been able to sit here and do nothing all day. Now my Tuesday will be my Monday! I also went to the photo site and updated the photo info. since it was wrong. ;)

Ranger Mom
12-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Not miffed at all. I have been able to sit here and do nothing all day. Now my Tuesday will be my Monday! I also went to the photo site and updated the photo info. since it was wrong. ;)

I had it right to begin with, then Lookin made me doubt myself!!

I was almost POSITIVE I had heard the username correctly...and once again, I was right!!!:D :D

It's all Lookin's fault!!!:p :p

db1980
12-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Just wait til Friday, you'll see a mastermind. As for Briles, he is an outstanding coach. Behind every good head coach, is good assistant coaches. Our coaches have put our players in a position to win and be successful all season. Same story this week as well

Some consider Mike Leach an offensive mastermind as well. This late in the game it is the defenses that matter. But I guess Carthage's defense isn't in the same leagues as Brownwood's either.

ccmom
12-06-2010, 03:44 PM
It's all Lookin's fault!!!:p :p

Boy you can say that again...and again and again...:D

lostaussie
12-06-2010, 03:46 PM
32 pages................anybody been banned yet:D

Ranger Mom
12-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
32 pages................anybody been banned yet:D

Nope....I have slapped a couple of hands though!!:)

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 03:48 PM
I think Carthage may have the slightest advantage over Brownwood as far as defense is concerned.

But the Brownwood Offense is 14-21 points better than Carthage. Easily

You'll see the light soon enough...

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Nope....I have slapped a couple of hands though!!:)

It hurt too!

db1980
12-06-2010, 03:52 PM
I think Carthage may have the slightest advantage over Brownwood as far as defense is concerned.

Don't walk down that tunnel towards the light. Tunnelvision can be dangerous.

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 03:52 PM

I'm telling you. There is not a team in the state that can stop Carthage from scoring at will. This will be a shootout. I won't even bother to give a score because it just depends on who coaches and plays the best.

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Answer the following questionS:

Carthage will win the game IF...

Brownwood will win the game IF...

PLEASE KEEP THE STUPID "SCORE MORE POINTS" ANSWERS OUT! Try to actually post a legit answer

garciap77
12-06-2010, 03:55 PM
BW by 21!:clap: :clap: :clap:

wimbo_pro
12-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Brownwood will win IF they play at their top level.
Carthage will win IF they play at their top level AND Brownwood faulters.

Jauch
12-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Carthage will not lose if brownwood gives up three turnover resulting in points, and makes 4 defensive stops. But i don't see that happening.

Brownwood 42, Carthage 21

wimbo_pro
12-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Jauch
Carthage will not lose if brownwood gives up three turnover resulting in points, and makes 4 defensive stops. But i don't see that happening.

Brownwood 42, Carthage 21

...which is what I am saying too....with less details!

db1980
12-06-2010, 04:02 PM

PLEASE KEEP THE STUPID "SCORE MORE POINTS" ANSWERS OUT! Try to actually post a legit answer

Carthage will win the game IF they control the ball and TOP.

Brownwood will win the game IF they control the ball and TOP.

I feel certain that Carthage will control the ball. Brownwood by all accounts sounds just like Texas Tech under Mike Leach. They have a good ground game as well, but that won't a big factor in this game. This is going to be a tight ball game for a half to 3 quarters. Carthage will go in at half up 28-21. Brownwood will score when they get the ball most times. They score quick but only get 3 possessions in the first half. In the second half the adjust ments will be made and Carthage will get a turnover. Then the long banging drives will come and the clock will be Brownwood's worst nightmare.

Carthage wins 42-28

RoyceTTU
12-06-2010, 04:03 PM

Carthage will win the game IF... they can force a few turnovers. Brownwood has been extremely successful at protecting the ball. Also they will need to figure out a way to change the field position. Carthage will need to cover punts and kickoffs very well to keep Shipley from doing what he does. This causes fast scores for Brownwood. They also need to capitalize once they cross mid-field and waste no good opportunities. Figure out how to make big plays, ground and pound hasn't worked against Brownwood at all this year.

Brownwood will win the game IF...they continue to do what they do every week. Bend but not break on defense and score quickly with up-tempo creating the opponent to get winded and tired. Also, reduce the big plays, monahans had 1 and bridgeport had a few. Protect the ball!!!

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Brownwood wins if...

they can withstand the early haymakers that Carthage will likely throw. Every game we play, teams come out fired up to beat us, then reality sets in. If we can keep the d-line and lb's of carthage out of our backfield and give GB time to throw. Mixing in run and pass will be critical to keep Carthage on their heels defensively. If we can throw it, we can run it. If we can run it, we can throw it. LIGHTS OUT

Carthage wins if...

they can run the ball succesfully and set up the passing game. Carthage will not be able to line up and run, run, run. Nor will they be able to throw, throw, throw. They will have to be unpredictable on offense. If Brownwood forces you into obvious passing downs, the turnovers start flowing!

db1980
12-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Carthage will win the game IF... they can force a few turnovers. Brownwood has been extremely successful at protecting the ball. Also they will need to figure out a way to change the field position. Carthage will need to cover punts and kickoffs very well to keep Shipley from doing what he does. This causes fast scores for Brownwood. They also need to capitalize once they cross mid-field and waste no good opportunities. Figure out how to make big plays, ground and pound hasn't worked against Brownwood at all this year.

Brownwood will win the game IF...they continue to do what they do every week. Bend but not break on defense and score quickly with up-tempo creating the opponent to get winded and tired. Also, reduce the big plays, monahans had 1 and bridgeport had a few. Protect the ball!!!

Carthage can/will hit a few big plays...but that isn't the key to their offense. Carthage will adjust the plays at the LOS every play and take what is there. They'll 4-5 you to death. They rarely get into 3rd downs, but are very successful when the do. They don't ground and pound, they are very balanced and will beat you passing underneath as well.

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 04:11 PM

Carthage will win the game IF... They get 3 stops

Brownwood will win the game IF... They are stopped less than 3 times

db1980
Brownwood wins if...

they can withstand the early haymakers that Carthage will likely throw. Every game we play, teams come out fired up to beat us, then reality sets in. If we can keep the d-line and lb's of carthage out of our backfield and give GB time to throw. Mixing in run and pass will be critical to keep Carthage on their heels defensively. If we can throw it, we can run it. If we can run it, we can throw it. LIGHTS OUT

Carthage wins if...

they can run the ball succesfully and set up the passing game. Carthage will not be able to line up and run, run, run. Nor will they be able to throw, throw, throw. They will have to be unpredictable on offense. If Brownwood forces you into obvious passing downs, the turnovers start flowing!

That is going to be the difference in the ballgame IMO. Carthage won't have to blitz to get pressure and sacks.

Tin Cup
Any idea what Carthage is percentage-wise on 3rd down?

Brownwood is very good on 3rd down so far this season as well

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 04:12 PM
That is going to be the difference in the ballgame IMO. Carthage won't have to blitz to get pressure and sacks.

Our O-line has been very very good so far...we will find out if they are great this week

Ranger Mom
12-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Wow....that poll is CLOSE!!:eek: :eek:

RoyceTTU
12-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Carthage can/will hit a few big plays...but that isn't the key to their offense. Carthage will adjust the plays at the LOS every play and take what is there. They'll 4-5 you to death. They rarely get into 3rd downs, but are very successful when the do. They don't ground and pound, they are very balanced and will beat you passing underneath as well.

Okay, IMO, I think your gonna need the big plays to keep up.

Brownwood scores fast and it is tough to keep up when your going 4-5 yards at a time.

Bridgeport moved the ball consistantly 4-5 yards a play but couldn't keep up. Brownwood creates opportunities the more plays you give em on defense. Back to the bend-don't break scenario. Carthage will need to score fast with big plays to recover from mistakes.

Brownwood does not stay on offense long enough to give the defense a chance to make plays. They play up-tempo and keep the defense winded. This has been key this year is scoreing fast after making mistakes to recover.

hollywood
12-06-2010, 04:19 PM

I hope by the end of the week, just before its closed, it's in favor of Carthage!

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 04:21 PM
It's fun wathching defensive players against Brownwood. They look confused, they look slow, the look tired.

The system...

It's what Oregon has does to teams this year. You can't plan for tempo, speed, and execution in practice very easily.

RoyceTTU
12-06-2010, 04:22 PM
It's fun wathching defensive players against Brownwood. They look confused, they look slow, the look tired.

The system...

It's what Oregon has does to teams this year. You can't plan for tempo, speed, and execution in practice very easily.

Not this late in the year.

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 04:24 PM

The system...

It's what Oregon has does to teams this year. You can't plan for tempo, speed, and execution in practice very easily. If that was the case then every team would be running it. Come on now. You think Oregon will beat Auburn in the NC game? Nobody had more tempo than Tech and what did that get them? (And I am a Tech fan)

db1980
12-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Okay, IMO, I think your gonna need the big plays to keep up.

Brownwood scores fast and it is tough to keep up when your going 4-5 yards at a time.

Bridgeport moved the ball consistantly 4-5 yards a play but couldn't keep up. Brownwood creates opportunities the more plays you give em on defense. Back to the bend-don't break scenario. Carthage will need to score fast with big plays to recover from mistakes.

Brownwood does not stay on offense long enough to give the defense a chance to make plays. They play up-tempo and keep the defense winded. This has been key this year is scoreing fast after making mistakes to recover.

Like I said, they can/will hit the big play. When you creep that defense up you're burnt. Not staying on offense works against the average bear, but like it has been said before Carthage isn't the average bear. Your defense will spend most of the game on the field while the offense is over there waiting their turn. It sounds like your offense is way better than your defense and when you put your weaker link on the field Carthage will make you pay. Better stay warm on the sidelines, those opportunities will be fewer than normal.

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 04:28 PM
If that was the case then every team would be running it. Come on now. You think Oregon will beat Auburn in the NC game?

What offense does Auburn run?

hollywood
12-06-2010, 04:29 PM
If that was the case then every team would be running it. Come on now. You think Oregon will beat Auburn in the NC game? Nobody had more tempo than Tech and what did that get them? (And I am a Tech fan)

Yep. Besides, this is 3A football, not D1 NCAA! Sheesh orange lover.:D

bobcat1
What offense does Auburn run? What offense did Tech run?

db1980
If that was the case then every team would be running it. Come on now. You think Oregon will beat Auburn in the NC game? Nobody had more tempo than Tech and what did that get them? (And I am a Tech fan)

Auburn will be Oregon badly.

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Like I said, they can/will hit the big play. When you creep that defense up you're burnt. Not staying on offense works against the average bear, but like it has been said before Carthage isn't the average bear. Your defense will spend most of the game on the field while the offense is over there waiting their turn. It sounds like your offense is way better than your defense and when you put your weaker link on the field Carthage will make you pay. Better stay warm on the sidelines, those opportunities will be fewer than normal.

Brownwood has probably lost the time of possession battle in half their games. If we score in 1 minute, and Carthage scores in 6 minutes, what is the score? Is it harder to sustain drives of 70 yards over 15 plays, or hit the big play quickly, in 5 plays?

hollywood
Auburn will be Oregon badly.

We shall see.

Jauch

Actually it's more like the opponents defense is worse than brownwoods offence which keeps bwood's defense on the field.

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 04:32 PM
What offense did Tech run?

Did Tech give up 15 points a game? They would go undefeated every year if they did. Back to Brownwood/Carthage girls

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Yep. Besides, this is 3A football, not D1 NCAA! Sheesh orange lover.:D To say you can't practice for it is foolish. You can practice for any team and their scheme and prepare for them at anytime in the year. Success comes from executing your plan better than they do.

db1980
12-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Brownwood has probably lost the time of possession battle in half their games. If we score in 1 minute, and Carthage scores in 6 minutes, what is the score? Is it harder to sustain drives of 70 yards over 15 plays, or hit the big play quickly, in 5 plays?

Sometimes the best defense is keeping a great offense off the field. Sometimes they get out of sync and have no rythym when they do get the ball. Carthage defense won't get winded if they only play 4-5 plays at a time.

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Brownwood has probably lost the time of possession battle in half their games. If we score in 1 minute, and Carthage scores in 6 minutes, what is the score? Is it harder to sustain drives of 70 yards over 15 plays, or hit the big play quickly, in 5 plays? Seems like that will wear down your defense. Better run the ball a little to give them rest against that O of Carthage. Just sayin'....

RoyceTTU
12-06-2010, 04:34 PM

Our Defense is quite used to being on the field more than the offense.

That brings be to a phylosophic question....Does a great offense make a bad defense.......

Brownwood's defense gives up so much because they have to make 8+ stops a game. No defense is setup for that type of punishment. The great part, is they've been doing it all year and are in-shape to do it. It will be nothing new for them to spend more than half the time on the field. I've never said Brownwood has a show-stopper defense, you will understand the bend-not break once you see them. Carthage will move the ball and brownwood will step up and take advantage of the misfortunes. When that happens, brownwood will score fast. To recover Carthage will need the big play.

As for the offense......See above, they are used to scoring quick and sitting on the sideline, its really not a bad problem to have.

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Sometimes the best defense is keeping a great offense off the field. Sometimes they get out of sync and have no rythym when they do get the ball. Carthage defense won't get winded if they only play 4-5 plays at a time.

I agree this is the perfect recipe IF it works. When it doesn't, see Monahans and every other opponent for that matter, you lose, BADLY. If you can keep the ball away from Brownwood and score every time you have it, you can beat Brownwood.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!!!

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Seems like that will wear down your defense. Better run the ball a little to give them rest against that O of Carthage. Just sayin'....

I'll be sure and let our coaches know :rolleyes:

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 04:37 PM
I'll be sure and let our coaches know :rolleyes: You know Tin Cup seriously I don't know why I try to discuss anything football with you. Let's just all go back to Rah Rah Brownwood.

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 04:39 PM
I agree this is the perfect recipe IF it works. When it doesn't, see Monahans and every other opponent for that matter, you lose, BADLY. If you can keep the ball away from Brownwood and score every time you have it, you can beat Brownwood.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!!! He's right Carthage, just forget it, forfeit and give it to them. Why play and waste money and chance utter humiliation at the feet of the almighty Tin Cup Lions.

Tin Cup
Scoring quickly and putting our defense back out is not a problem LOL

db1980

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!!!

What offense did Monahans run? I bet they run a slot-T or Wing-t type offense.

Bullaholic
12-06-2010, 04:40 PM

Pad a few Carthage votes and keep them ahead for a couple of days, RM, and watch the fun...:D

hollywood
12-06-2010, 04:41 PM
To say you can't practice for it is foolish. You can practice for any team and their scheme and prepare for them at anytime in the year. Success comes from executing your plan better than they do.

That's right bobcat. And we all know that trying to defend an emulated Brownwood offense in practice is way different then when it's time to try to actually line up and defend the real deal! I know several coaches who have been in that same situation this year. Film tells them, WOW... okay, we'll try this and we think this will at least slow them down... then the live game, HOLY #*@!, how do we prepare for this??? It's true, I've had several coaches tell me afterwards. ;)

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm not saying Carthage has no chance, I've predicted the CLOSEST score of any Brownwood person

I know they are REALLY good. I also know we are too

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 04:44 PM
That's right bobcat. And we all know that trying to defend an emulated Brownwood offense in practice is way different then when it's time to try to actually line up and defend the real deal! I know several coaches who have been in that same situation this year. Film tells them, WOW... okay, we'll try this and we think this will at least slow them down... then the live game, HOLY #*@!, how do we prepare for this??? It's true, I've had several coaches tell me afterwards. ;) I bet Coach Surratt has no clue also. :rolleyes:

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 04:44 PM
We can scheme and practice for KT from Carthage all week in practice, and this doesn't mean we will be able to stop him during the game. You can't prepare for Shipley in practice, because there is no Shipley on your team. Until you get to a higher level, or a D1 type school, you can't see the real athletic abilities of certain players until the game starts...this is fact

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 04:50 PM
What offense did Monahans run? I bet they run a slot-T or Wing-t type offense.

Exactly. This is why I said you can't just do 1 or the other to beat us. It will take both.

I'm sorry if believing Brownwood will win makes me sound homer or unrealistic. It will take a team that has great coaches and great players to beat Brownwood. Carthage has this ability, I have no doubt. But I think Brownwood will win. I apologize in advance to all who disagree with this viewpoint.

Bullaholic
12-06-2010, 04:51 PM
How big are Carthage's lines? This may a big factor in their favor. I don't think the Lions have been overmatched physically in the trenches yet, and it will be interesting to see how they handle it IF they get moved around.

RoyceTTU
12-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How big are Carthage's lines? This may a big factor in their favor. I don't think the Lions have been overmatched physically in the trenches yet, and it will be interesting to see how they handle it IF they get moved around.

Borger and Stephenville were both considerably bigger than us.

Bullaholic
Borger and Stephenville were both considerably bigger than us.

But did they move you when and where they wanted?

hollywood
I bet Coach Surratt has no clue also. :rolleyes:

I honestly think Carthage will be the team to be able to do it best. They have similar athletes and a well balanced team. Can they do it and be effective enough in practice, that is to be determined. We all will be waiting to see which team has prepared the best!

:clap:

Jauch
12-06-2010, 04:55 PM

Wasn't it Borger that had the 3 - 300+ pounders that made absolutely no difference what so ever in the game

hollywood
12-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Again...

Stephenville was and still will be the best team Brownwood has faced. ;) Bigger, stronger, just as fast. Better QB and RB's than Carthage. Defense, way better than Carthage's.

Week 0:
#2 Aledo 17
#4 Sville 3

Week 14:
#1 Aledo 18
#4 Sville 10

Sville has been the only *healthy team to slow Aledo's high powered offense and the only team that has had a shot at beating them. *(LT was very banged up when they played Aledo)

Week 2:
Bwood 49
Sville 16

Brownwood wiped the floor with Sville. Put's it into perspective what Bwood is going to do to Carthage. Just don't be shocked when the score is 42-14 BW in the 4th qtr.;)

Ranger Mom
12-06-2010, 04:57 PM
I honestly think Carthage will be the team to be able to do it best. They have similar athletes and a well balanced team. Can they do it and be effective enough in practice, that is to be determined. We all will be waiting to see which team has prepared the best!

:clap:

I think that's why I am so excited about this game...even if I am only listening to it.

I know who I WANT to win, but I really have no idea who WILL win. Sounds like it could turn out to be one whopper of a game!!!!

RoyceTTU
12-06-2010, 04:59 PM
But did they move you when and where they wanted?

Stephenville could move some weight around. They did very well up front, our LB just played better. It took a few quarters to get them pinned down though.

bobcat1
But did they move you when and where they wanted? Carthage Line play has been excellent both Championship games I watched. They were able to do as they wished. Seems like they operated out of a little larger than normal splits also.

Tin Cup
There have been numerous occasions where teams have moved the ball with success against Brownwood. We don't have the Daingerfield '83 defense. We do have a very smart, physical defense that has not only been good enough to win games, they have dominated a few games at critical moments. Our defense doesn't get the recognition because our offense gets all the :eek:

Carthage will be able to move the ball and score with better success than any team we have played all year. Any one who disagrees will be sadly mistaken. Will it be good enough to beat Brownwood? Check in Friday night to find out

Bullaholic
12-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Jauch
Wasn't it Borger that had the 3 - 300+ pounders that made absolutely no difference what so ever in the game

Again, big diff between some big ol' country boys and some big, aggressive,strong kids with good basic blocking and tackling skills. Not saying Carthage has either, but if it is the latter, things may get interesting for the Lions.

RoyceTTU
12-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Again, big diff between some big ol' country boys and some big, aggressive,strong kids with good basic blocking and tackling skills. Not saying Carthage has either, but if it is the latter, things may get interesting for the Lions.

It just means our LB will have to pull more weight, much like the Stephenville game. The great part is our DL and LB are very fast so the pursuit helps tremendously.

We have been undersized up front quite a few times this year, but our athleticism has prevailed. I think we will be okay, we are just going to have to work hard.

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Again, big diff between some big ol' country boys and some big, aggressive,strong kids with good basic blocking and tackling skills. Not saying Carthage has either, but if it is the latter, things may get interesting for the Lions. Exactly. Good technique and low pad levels, very disciplined, along with real decent size is what I saw out of Carthage on both side of the line. In 2008 they controlled Caleb Lavey very well. Celina was missing their best nose and that hurt a lot. But still they were better that night.

ccmom
12-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Again...

Stephenville was and still will be the best team Brownwood has faced. ;) Bigger, stronger, just as fast. Better QB and RB's than Carthage. Defense, way better than Carthage's.

How do YOU know all these players are better than Carthages?? :thinking:

Here we go again....:rolleyes:

I'm rooting for Brownwood...but the way you guys make absolute statements about teams that you have no first hand knowledge of continues to crack me up.

Carry on, oh wise one...carry on...:p

hollywood
12-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Exactly. Good technique and low pad levels, very disciplined, along with real decent size is what I saw out of Carthage on both side of the line. In 2008 they controlled Caleb Lavey very well. Celina was missing their best nose and that hurt a lot. But still they were better that night.

THIS ISN'T A CELINA/CARTHAGE THREAD!!!

For the love of the Lions, let it go... Celina is done!!!!

:D

hollywood
12-06-2010, 05:09 PM
How do YOU know all these players are better than Carthages?? :thinking:

Here we go again....:rolleyes:

I'm rooting for Brownwood...but the way you guys make absolute statements about teams that you have no first hand knowledge of continues to crack me up.

Carry on, oh wise one...carry on...:p

Because I know things. Now get back to chatting with lulu and RM!:p

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm not allowed to post on this thread bc I haven't seen Carthage play...

:(

Thanks a lot ccmom

LoboesWT
12-06-2010, 05:15 PM
What Brownwood's D-Line is able to do when they can't physically over power who is in front of them is backside tackle. THe opposite defensive end would make the tackle from behind killing sweeps and dives at times. It is high risk, high reward though. If you go right at the end that does not contain you can get some yards, but there overall defensive speed is good.

Ranger Mom
12-06-2010, 05:21 PM

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z247/seamusmulcahy/25624DGOh-No-You-Di-nt-Posters.jpg

ccmom
12-06-2010, 05:24 PM

Thanks a lot ccmom

Haha....

I think you know that's not what I meant, and besides I'm a nobody around here. I can't tell people what to do.....dangit!!! :mad: ;)

Oh, but for the record...IF I did have any pull, you could post whatever your heart desired because you were nice to me! :kiss: :D

ccmom
12-06-2010, 05:25 PM

Haha....that's the kind of response I was expecting from you! :clap:

Bullaholic
12-06-2010, 05:38 PM
I know it was touched on in earlier insults (:D), but how does everyone access the Pope-Shipley matchup. Will Pope be man-up on Shipley all night, and is he as much DB as Shipley is WR?

How good is the Carthage pass rush? I know the Lion d-line is smaller but they are very quick and athletic, put a lot of pressure on the QB, and pursue and tackle very well.

Longoria,Lion DB, plays the run and pass very well because he is fast, athletic and a sure tackler with good technique. He took a long pick to the house against the Bulls and several others this year.

Brown, Lion QB, is going to play baseball on Satudays and has a cannon arm, and is accurate. He also runs effectively when necessary.

The Lion RB's, especially Stiel, are strong and fairly fast and have excellent stamina. The Lions gash the opposition with them when they play soft coverages in the secondary.

The other WR's are fast, have good hands, and get plenty of RAC.

Lion Biggest Strengths: Mistake free, quick-tempo, big play offense that typically scores in 2-3 plays. Solid defense which limits opponents to 3-and-outs many times resulting in giving the quick-strike Lion offense the ball usually in the opponent's end of the field. Net result= +21 point margins for the Lions by the end of the 1st quarter, or later 2nd qtr. The Lions have one of the best and quickest points/play/time frame ratios of any offense I have ever seen.

Lion Weakness(s): The pass, generally the long ball, and some running sweeps by very fast RB's when they play 8+ in the box.

These views are eyewitness accounts, and while not gospel and only one man's opinion, they are not intended as hype or speculation. I can only re-iterate that the Brownwood Lions are an exceptional, once every decade, football team, and it will take their equal to beat them.

hollywood
12-06-2010, 05:39 PM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z247/seamusmulcahy/25624DGOh-No-You-Di-nt-Posters.jpg

Cute. :inlove:

hollywood
12-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Haha....that's the kind of response I was expecting from you! :clap:

Cheers!:D

91 lion
12-06-2010, 05:42 PM
I know it was touched on in earlier insults (:D), but how does everyone access the Pope-Shipley matchup. Will Pope be man-up on Shipley all night, and is he as much DB as Shipley is WR?

How good is the Carthage pass rush? I know the Lion d-line is smaller but they are very quick and athletic, put a lot of pressure on the QB, and pursue and tackle very well.

Longoria,Lion DB, plays the run and pass very well because he is fast, athletic and a sure tackler with good technique. He took a long pick to the house against the Bulls and several others this year.

Brown, Lion QB, is going to play baseball on Satudays and has a cannon arm, and is accurate. He also runs effectively when necessary.

The Lion RB's, especially Stiel, are strong and fairly fast and have excellent stamina. The Lions gash the opposition with them when they play soft coverages in the secondary.

Lion Biggest Strengths: Mistake free, quick-tempo, big play offense that typically scores in 2-3 plays. Solid defense which limits opponents to 3-and-outs many times resulting in giving the quick-strike Lion offense the ball usually in the opponent's end of the field. Net result= +21 point margins for the Lions by the end of the 1st quarter, or later 2nd qtr. The Lions have one of the best and quickest points/play/time frame ratios of any offense I have ever seen.

Lion Weakness(s): The pass, generally the long ball, and some running sweeps by very fast RB's when they play 8+ in the box.

These views are eyewitness accounts, and while not gospel and only one man's opinion, they are not intended as hype or speculation. I can only re-iterate that the Brownwood Lions are an exceptional, once every decade, football team, and it will take their equal to beat them.

:thumbsup:

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 05:42 PM

Thanks a lot ccmom And I'm not because I have. I'm telling you if you post anything football related that says anything about football other than Rah Rah Go Lions you get shut down. See below:

:D Oh okay. :wave:

hollywood
12-06-2010, 05:44 PM

What's up cuzz?:D
:)

hollywood
12-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Oh okay. :wave:

:thumbsup: :evillol:

Bosqueville
12-06-2010, 05:49 PM

Spot on!! :clap:

oldtownag
12-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Lion Weakness(s): The pass, generally the long ball

Uh oh, thats too bad.

BwdLions
12-06-2010, 05:59 PM

Nice post Bullaholic.

hollywood
12-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Uh oh, thats too bad.

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: Here puppy, come and get it.

garciap77
12-06-2010, 06:15 PM

Sometimes been big in the line hurts you in the 4qtr! When your big boys are winded and tired!

hollywood
12-06-2010, 06:16 PM

:crazy1: but :2thumbsup

hollywood
12-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Sometimes been big in the line hurts you in the 4qtr! When your big boys are winded and tired!

It's been the case this year to all opponents. Hands on hips before the half.:clap:

garciap77
12-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Hey Ya...

Come get some...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
12-06-2010, 06:22 PM

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

I'm gong with the 21 points better!:)

hollywood
12-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Folks will likely being seeing a lot of this after BW TD's Friday night!

http://media.reporternews.com/media/img/photos/2010/10/16/20101016-025021-pic-483984610_t300.jpg

Boys got some ups!

Keith7
12-06-2010, 06:28 PM
I was looking at Brownwood's schedule today and it hit me: the woodies haven't played anybody.

Talk about a cream puff schedule. I've seen tougher six-man schedules than that.

No wonder you guys have scored so many points. Can you really be proud of that????????

I think its safe to say that your offense is OVER-RATED

Daddy D 11
12-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Where is Graylon committed to play baseball?

Keith7
12-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Where is Graylon committed to play baseball?

Mexico Prepa Tech

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I was looking at Brownwood's schedule today and it hit me: the woodies haven't played anybody.

Talk about a cream puff schedule. I've seen tougher six-man schedules than that.

No wonder you guys have scored so many points. Can you really be proud of that????????

Nice try

garciap77
12-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Dawgdaze
I'm telling you. There is not a team in the state that can stop Carthage from scoring at will. This will be a shootout. I won't even bother to give a score because it just depends on who coaches and plays the best.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

I can think of two Chapel Hill (46 -14) and Nacogdoches (41 - 20)!

If you call scoring at will 14 and 20, then something is wrong here!

P.S. Unless they were "FLUKES"! And that might be considered a weakness!LOL

garciap77
12-06-2010, 06:42 PM

WOW :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rocket
12-06-2010, 06:44 PM

Lol WE HAVE HEARD THIS ALL YEAR LONG!!!

It doesn't work out when you are 21 points in the hole, and that hole is usually caused from unsuccessful conservative drives.

Keith7
12-06-2010, 06:45 PM

It doesn't work out when you are 21 points in the hole, and that hole is usually caused from unsuccessful conservative drives.

I think the Carthage defense is going to put on a clinic Friday night.. Bring your notebook and backpack.. You're going to school Rocker

91 lion
12-06-2010, 06:46 PM
dawg...how many seniors do you guys have?

garciap77
12-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Mexico Prepa Tech

Shouldn't you be worried about the Conroe Tigers (1-9)! LOL

Keith7
12-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Shouldn't you be worried about the Conroe Tigers (1-9)! LOL

Nah.. How about the Montgomery Bears (12-2) or The Woodlands Highlanders (10-1) LOL

garciap77
12-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Nah.. How about the Montgomery Bears (12-2) or The Woodlands Highlanders (10-1) LOL

Or The Philadelphia Eagles!LOL

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/large_EagleTrophy-1.jpg

The Tropy case is looking kinda of bad!LOL

;)

Keith7
12-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Or The Philadelphia Eagles!LOL

The Tropy case is looking kinda of bad!LOL

;)

That's a cool photo of the Redskins' QB!

garciap77
12-06-2010, 06:59 PM

Has it been that long? I gues I have to updated the pic!LOL

;)

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I am going to say it out loud...and its probably what others are thinking too. This DawgDaze will soon be banned. Old LB saw it and commented on it too...he has made racial references, and now even a comment girls who play soccer....you KNOW what he meant. He will hide behind a non-response and a quick dodge by saying he meant one thing, but we all know what he meant. He has managed to turn a thread already teetering on getting a little rough to one that is now turning nasty. It will only get worse.
Well, you can say it out loud, but I didn't see anything wrong with his question about race, and certainly not one that would get him banned. Since when did asking if someone was black against the rules? And I've RAISED "jugbutts" so I knew what he was talking about!

I'm confused on the soccer thing, unless it's a "Communist" thing. ;)

You folks have added 7 freaking pages to this thread today, so if someone else has answered, I haven't gotten to it yet. Just wait though!

Dub-C
12-06-2010, 07:09 PM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

I can think of two Chapel Hill (46 -14) and Nacogdoches (41 - 20)!

If you call scoring at will 14 and 20, then something is wrong here!

P.S. Unless they were "FLUKES"! And that might be considered a weakness!LOL

Chapel Hill wasn't a fluke by any means. That defense is unreal.

garciap77
12-06-2010, 07:11 PM

OK! It's fixed! LOL

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/large_EagleTrophy-2.jpg

;)

hollywood
12-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Wow, just got back from smoaky. LOL They are calling us full of ourselves??? LOL They have no idea who Brownwood has played, where Brownwood is located (until someone googled it), why Brownwood is ranked #1. They think Argyle is a better team!!! Freaking unbeleivable. They are trying to rally all East Texas fans to support them. Nothing wrong with that, but it's as if they have no clue who Brownwood is until this week! I sinced a bit of "lack of knowledge" going on over there!!! BIG TIME!!

I will tell you this, they will be shocked at how good Brownwood is. Those posters are truly clueless!!!

Keith7
12-06-2010, 07:14 PM
OK! It's fixed! LOL

;)

That's still the Redskins' QB!

I'll help you out with some hints about our new QB:

He wears No. 7
He went to Virginia Tech
He spent some time in the pen for fighting dogs
He is the front runner for the MVP award
He has 15 TD passes and only 2 INTs
The Eagles have only lost one game that he started
He is going to torch the cowgirls sunday..

Need some more help?

;)

oldtownag
12-06-2010, 07:19 PM
OK! It's fixed! LOL

;)

Knowledge of NFL = Knowledge in 3A

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 07:25 PM

He wears No. 7
He went to Virginia Tech

Need some more help?

;)

How long was he in prison?

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion
Secoond, many of our starters are current 2-year letterman, that played in the real district of doom 3 years ago. '08 Waco, Midway and Cove were ALL bigger and faster than Carthage.

Now wait a minute. I know I'm just a girl but I'm not stupid. Are you talking about kids playing freshman ball? Or even 8th grade? And does 2-year lettermen include this season or not? Because if it does, they've been in 3A for 3 (almost) seasons. :crazy1: :crazy1:

garciap77
12-06-2010, 07:30 PM

He wears No. 7
He went to Virginia Tech

Need some more help?

;)

LOL

How did you catch that?

Hey can you send me a picture! Not that it will add anything Trophies to your case, but it's only right!LOL

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 07:31 PM

He wears No. 7
He went to Virginia Tech

Need some more help?

;) Don't forget how easily he breaks. He is a fragile guy.:eek:

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by lulu

Now back to football:D
This thread is about football?????? :o

Keith7
12-06-2010, 07:43 PM
LOL

How did you catch that?

Hey can you send me a picture! Not that it will add anything Trophies to your case, but it's only right!LOL

Well if you want to make it accurate, you should add a couple of these:
http://www.superbowlchicagobears.com/images/NFCChamps/Trophy-NFC_4533.jpg

Will this one work?
http://nflnothings.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/vick.jpg

garciap77
12-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Don't forget how easily he breaks. He is a fragile guy.:eek:

Thanks Bobcat1! I found it under fragile guy!LOL
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/large_EagleTrophy-3copy.jpg

;)

P.S. They have not added any more

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 07:46 PM
How about this one:

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2678/imagescakhlk7e.jpg

Looks to be headed to the locker room early again after being hurt.

scrub c
12-06-2010, 07:48 PM
scrub was here. GO CARTHAGE

Rocket
12-06-2010, 07:48 PM

Celina is done? I don't remember them even starting...

Keith7
12-06-2010, 07:49 PM
How about this one:

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2678/imagescakhlk7e.jpg

Looks to be headed to the locker room early again after being hurt.

funny, I don't see any fans in the background.. maybe this is after he got down roasting some innocent secondary.

bobcat1

Properties: (superbowlchicagobears.com/images/NFCChamps/Trophy-NFC_4533)

That is Chcago's trophy! LMAO!

garciap77

Will this one work?
http://nflnothings.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/vick.jpg

Nice! OK! Are we cool now?:D:D:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/large_EagleTrophy-42.jpg

;)

Go Lions!!!

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 07:50 PM
funny, I don't see any fans in the background.. maybe this is after he got down roasting some innocent secondary. Nope they already left while the game was still going on. :D

Keith7
12-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Properties: (superbowlchicagobears.com/images/NFCChamps/Trophy-NFC_4533)

That is Chcago's trophy! LMAO!

I was just looking for a generic NFC championship trophy

see we got one too:

http://static.freewire.com/files/userfiles/ca8a33881349d7b335416ab3118d66ca_0_20090408-15-25-11.jpg

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Celina is done? I don't remember them even starting... Go back to your cheerleading. I'm not qualified to talk about either team on this thread because I don't Rah Rah with the fellas.

Keith7
12-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Lets get back to what this thread is all about:

Carthage by 21?

Yay or Nay??

Keith7
12-06-2010, 07:53 PM

Carthage by 21?

Yay or Nay??

I say YAY!

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 07:54 PM
I was just looking for a generic NFC championship trophy

see we got one too:

http://static.freewire.com/files/userfiles/ca8a33881349d7b335416ab3118d66ca_0_20090408-15-25-11.jpg And we have these:

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/5392/5xsuperbowlchampionsrin.gif

Keith7
12-06-2010, 07:55 PM
And we have these:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8696/cowboys5trophieskl1.gif

You have poorly made .gifs?

garciap77
12-06-2010, 07:56 PM

Carthage by 21?

Yay or Nay??

Nay!!! Brownwood by 21!:clap: :clap: :clap:

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 07:57 PM
You have poorly made .gifs? This better? Tilt up on bi-focal.

Rocket
12-06-2010, 07:57 PM

I was looking at your posts today..and Keith, Age 7 is pretty much worthless.

Rocket
12-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Go back to your cheerleading. I'm not qualified to talk about either team on this thread because I don't Rah Rah with the fellas.

I love to take my shots at those bobkitties... You know this, man!

Keith7
12-06-2010, 08:02 PM
I was looking at your posts today..and Keith, Age 7 is pretty much worthless.

Jealousy runs deep in you little rocker. doesn't it?

Rocket
12-06-2010, 08:05 PM

All the posters want to be me, and Keith7 wants to be with me.

garciap77
12-06-2010, 08:07 PM
All the posters want to be me, and Keith7 wants to be with me.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rocket
12-06-2010, 08:08 PM
GrayBrown and J Ship are going to unleash the most powerful air attack ever witnessed come Friday night. Even Keith7 will be cheering for Brownwood. Carthage fans will get the dropjaw. Like say wha???? Most of those rednecks on Smoaky think we are a run heavy team, anyways...silly people.

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 08:14 PM
I just keep laughing about our kicking game being a weakness. 93-100 people. That's our weakness!!!

Bring it baby!!!

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 08:16 PM
I love to take my shots at those 8 time Champion Bobcats... I'm scared about Friday! You know this, man! I do know this about you. :p

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 08:18 PM
What the heck! :eek: :eek: The Poll Boss The Poll! :eek: :eek:

Who advances to the State Championship game?
You have already voted on this poll.
Brownwood (14-0) 69 51.11%
Carthage (12-2) 66 48.89%
Total: 135 votes 100%

Looking4number8
12-06-2010, 08:19 PM
I am just posting a couple of times a day so I have a post every 20 or 30 pages.... maybe

Go Lions!!!!

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 08:20 PM
GrayBrown and J Ship are going to unleash the most powerful air attack ever witnessed come Friday night. Even Keith7 will be cheering for Brownwood. Carthage fans will get the dropjaw. Like say wha???? Most of those rednecks on Smoaky think we are a run heavy team, anyways...silly people.

No we just want to show you how to play real football. Don't worry we'll teach you just like we taught the Argyle Argonauts last week. Getcha Popcorn ready!!

Countdown till game time: 4 days :00 hours : 9 minutes :45 seconds

HeavyD
12-06-2010, 08:23 PM
So what's the reasoning behind having to have 100 posts to vote? New posters opinions aren't worth enough to tally?:confused:

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by HeavyD
So what's the reasoning behind having to have 100 posts to vote? New posters opinions aren't worth enough to tally?:confused:

It's hazing. Happens in all sports. Initiation rituals. Just post away.

Keith7
12-06-2010, 08:28 PM
No we just want to show you how to play real football. Don't worry we'll teach you just like we taught the Argyle Argonauts last week. Getcha Popcorn ready!!

Countdown till game time: 4 days :00 hours : 9 minutes :45 seconds

They are the Argyle Socks. not Argonauts ;)

Inmateboss
12-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Exactly! Except this one stalks me just to tell everyone that.

We will trade you keith7 for this guy!!!:thinking:

Ranger Mom
12-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by HeavyD

I'm not sure if I am supposed to share this, so if not, then I guess I will take my punishment.

Anyway....we have posters sign up, vote and then never make a post or sign back in to the board.

I hate when when we have to have rules like this....but sometimes we just do!!

HeavyD
12-06-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm not sure if I am supposed to share this, so if not, then I guess I will take my punishment.

Anyway....we have posters sign up, vote and then never make a post or sign back in to the board.

K

Keith7
12-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss

I'm hoping you get more out of the deal.. I'm untouchable to most posters.

oldtownag
12-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Rock the vote!

Rocket
12-06-2010, 08:49 PM
I just keep laughing about our kicking game being a weakness. 93-100 people. That's our weakness!!!

Bring it baby!!!

I want to use my IGN****** Graphic so bad this week..it applies to so many people...

Inmateboss
12-06-2010, 08:51 PM

Purse, car, Home!!!:D

Rocket
12-06-2010, 08:52 PM
The Poll should be...

Who do you hope wins? because that is what it turned in to...The people that hate Brownwood and it's posters are people with no sense of humor or emotional little girls or both.

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss

Thanks! (errr...I think):confused:

Inmateboss
12-06-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm hoping you get more out of the deal.. I'm untouchable to most posters.

We did, he threw in a moon pie and an RC Cola!!! Kind of feel like we robbed the poor guy!!:(

Looking4number8
12-06-2010, 08:59 PM

You cant vote until you are 18 so this rule is pretty easy. Look at dawgdaze, he signs up Saturday and will be able to vote by the end of today. (would have been earlier today but if he got caught with his phone out during class, his 8th grade teacher would take it away and call his mommy)

db1980
12-06-2010, 08:59 PM

You mean inadequate offenses trying to have conservative drives. Carthage will drive and put it in the end zone.

BullBoy
12-06-2010, 09:01 PM
And we have these:

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/bulls06/chokeartists.jpg:D

hollywood
12-06-2010, 09:01 PM
I want to use my IGN****** Graphic so bad this week..it applies to so many people...
+1

Looking4number8
12-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/bulls06/chokeartists.jpg:D

Ok, I love my cowboys weather they are super bowl champs or 0-16....... but thats funny!

ILOVETHEGOONS!
12-06-2010, 09:03 PM
alright someone catch me up....
we are talking about Dallas Cowboys now?!

I'm about 15 pages behind.

so, CATCH ME UP...what's going on?

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 09:05 PM
What was Carthage's success rate for scoring drives against Argyle?

Brownwood was 7 of 8 against Monahans, with an interception being the only non-scoring drive we had.

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by ILOVETHEGOONS!

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :hijacktd: :blahblah: I think that about covers what you missed!

garciap77
12-06-2010, 09:06 PM

Brownwood by 21! That's all you need to know!:D

;)

garciap77
12-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :hijacktd: :blahblah: I think that about covers what you missed! :D

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/bulls06/chokeartists.jpg:D Surely that did not come out of a fan of the Beagles? They were QB'd by the biggest choker in the world in Dudofman McNowinsinbiggames. We did not choke 5 times. How many times have your Beagles not choked.... Oh wait they always do. :p

hollywood
12-06-2010, 09:08 PM
You mean inadequate offenses trying to have conservative drives. Carthage will drive and put it in the end zone.

Two games they didn't score over 25 points. And got 40+ hung on them! Weaknesses were exposed!

Don't even try to use the top 2 defensive players were out card! One of BW's top DB's was out for 3 weeks and just came back for the Monahans game. Our stud LB broke his arm during rhe first half of the Sville game and didn't come back until late in the season.

garciap77
12-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Surely that did not come out of a fan of the Beagles? They were QB'd by the biggest choker in the world in Dudofman McNowinsinbiggames. We did not choke 5 times. How many times have your Beagles not choked.... Oh wait they always do. :p

LOL

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 09:10 PM

so, CATCH ME UP...what's going on? Just say Rah Rah Lions and do not dare talk about anything football related and do not say anything positive about Carthage or you will be blasted. Seems the Wood's Psyche can't take it. So Rah Rah Rah to your hearts content.

garciap77
12-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Two games they didn't score over 25 points. And got 40+ hung on them! Weaknesses were exposed!

Don't even try to use the top 2 defensive players were out card! One of BW's top DB's was out for 3 weeks and just came back for the Monahans game. Our stud LB broke his arm during rhe first half of the Sville game and didn't come back until late in the season.

Those were not weaknesses they were "FLUKES"!:D:D:D

LOL

garciap77
12-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Just say Rah Rah Lions and do not dare talk about anything football related and do not say anything positive about Carthage or you will be blasted. Seems the Wood's Psyche can't take it. So Rah Rah Rah to your hearts content.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

HeavyD
12-06-2010, 09:13 PM

Dude, it's only an excuse if it's a team other than Bwd

ILOVETHEGOONS!
12-06-2010, 09:13 PM
haha got it. GO BROWNWOOD!
seriously :D

garciap77
12-06-2010, 09:14 PM
haha got it. GO BROWNWOOD!
seriously :D

:2thumbsup

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 09:14 PM
2010 Carthage Bulldogs

Number_______Name______Class__Number____Name______ Class__
1------------Edward Pope-------Jr.------38------Jimmy Gonzales---Fr.---
2------------Jalen Claiborne-----Sr.------40------Chad Adams-------Jr.---3-----------Meechie Bowman---Jr.-------42----- Clayton Moore----Sr.---
4-----------Jaylon Allison-------So.-------44------Justin Williams-----Jr.---
5-----------Hunter Walden------Jr.-------50------Mitch Davis--------Sr.---6----------Carnelius Lewis------Sr.-------51------Calahan Malone---Sr.---7-----------Ricky Ingram--------Jr.-------54----Bryarious Anderson--Jr.---
9-----------Cortyln Ware--------Sr.------55------Lovis Hall-----------Sr.---
10----------Darrion Granger-----Sr.------61------Ethan Gibbs--------Jr.---11----------Tasker Shannon-----Jr.------62------Mario McCain-------Fr.--
12-----------Clint Cage----------Jr.------64------Josh Hamilton-------Jr.--
13----------Skylar Allison--------Jr.------66------Mitchell Kinman-----Jr.---
14----------Hunter Holland------Sr.------68------Morgan Jeans------Jr.---
15----------Anthony Morgan----Sr.------70------Micah Stewart-----Sr.---16----------Major Harris---------So.-----71------Johnny Odom------Jr.---
17----------Blake Bogenschutz--Fr.------72-----Greg Brantley-------Jr.---18----------Francisco Monreal---Sr.------73------Elzie Hicks---------Jr.---
19---------Canedrian Howard----Sr.-----74-------Robert Peck-------Sr.---20----------Trent Jackson--------So.-----75------Dakota Hart-------Jr.---
21----------Tamaris Sheppard----Sr.-----76------Will Harris----------So.--
22----------D.K. Calloway-------So.------78------Chad Kelly---------Sr.
23 Xavier Allen So. 79 Colton McNair Sr.
24 Steven Zhu Jr. 80 Kendall Thompson Sr.
25 Chris Walton Jr. 81 James Franks Jr.
26 Tamonte Hines Sr. 82 Zera Hayward Sr.
27 Teven Pipkin Fr. 84 Dustin Works Sr.
28 Phillip Burns So. 85 Brandon Bixler Jr.
32 Michael McCune Sr. 86 Jake Goolsby Sr.
35 Brandon Friedman Jr. 90 William McClure Jr.
36 Ramon Bridges Jr.

Athletic Director/Head Football Coach: Scott Surratt
Assistant Coaches: Garrett Morgan, Chris Smith, Eric Robinson, Chris Cloninger, Andre Granger, Dennis McLaughlin, Corey Roberts, Lance Bryan, Adam Hambrick, Jim Milstead, Phil Walker

Rocket
12-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Those were not weaknesses they were "FLUKES"!:D:D:D

LOL

I guess getting beat by a team that went 3-7 is a fluke. :rolleyes:

Rocket
12-06-2010, 09:17 PM
2010 Carthage Bulldogs

Number_______Name______Class__Number____Name______ _Class
1 Edward Pope Jr. 38 Jimmy Gonzales Fr.
2 Jalen Claiborne Sr. 40 Chad Adams Jr.
3 Meechie Bowman Jr. 42 Clayton Moore Sr.
4 Jaylon Allison So. 44 Justin Williams Jr.
5 Hunter Walden Jr. 50 Mitch Davis Sr.
6 Carnelius Lewis Sr. 51 Calahan Malone Sr.
7 Ricky Ingram Jr. 54 Bryarious Anderson Jr.
9 Cortyln Ware Sr. 55 Lovis Hall Sr.
10 Darrion Granger Sr. 61 Ethan Gibbs Jr.
11 Tasker Shannon Jr. 62 Mario McCain Fr.
12 Clint Cage Jr. 64 Josh Hamilton Jr.
13 Skylar Allison Jr. 66 Mitchell Kinman Jr.
14 Hunter Holland Sr. 68 Morgan Jeans Jr.
15 Anthony Morgan Sr. 70 Micah Stewart Sr.
16 Major Harris So. 71 Johnny Odom Jr.
17 Blake Bogenschutz Fr. 72 Greg Brantley Jr.
18 Francisco Monreal Sr. 73 Elzie Hicks Jr.
19 Canedrian Howard Sr. 74 Robert Peck Sr.
20 Trent Jackson So. 75 Dakota Hart Jr.
21 Tamaris Sheppard Sr. 76 Will Harris So.
22 D.K. Calloway So. 78 Chad Kelly Sr.
23 Xavier Allen So. 79 Colton McNair Sr.
24 Steven Zhu Jr. 80 Kendall Thompson Sr.
25 Chris Walton Jr. 81 James Franks Jr.
26 Tamonte Hines Sr. 82 Zera Hayward Sr.
27 Teven Pipkin Fr. 84 Dustin Works Sr.
28 Phillip Burns So. 85 Brandon Bixler Jr.
32 Michael McCune Sr. 86 Jake Goolsby Sr.
35 Brandon Friedman Jr. 90 William McClure Jr.
36 Ramon Bridges Jr.

Athletic Director/Head Football Coach: Scott Surratt
Assistant Coaches: Garrett Morgan, Chris Smith, Eric Robinson, Chris Cloninger, Andre Granger, Dennis McLaughlin, Corey Roberts, Lance Bryan, Adam Hambrick, Jim Milstead, Phil Walker

This reveals a lot. Nothing like having names and numbers to tell you what to exepect size wise...:rolleyes:

db1980
12-06-2010, 09:17 PM

The Bulldogs are a completely different team that when they were 2-2. They lost...period. It didn't help they missed their top 2 players.

I can promise more than 25 pts this week. Brownwood won't stop them. Like you said...weaknesses get exposed.

Brownwood's QB won't be as effective this week. You'll see him do stuff that is not typical of him. Pope most likely won't be singled up on Shipley, but he'll be in the vicinity.

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 09:20 PM
How many times did Carthage get the ball and how many times did they score against argyle???

Rocket
12-06-2010, 09:20 PM
The Bulldogs are a completely different team that when they were 2-2. They lost...period. It didn't help they missed their top 2 players.

I can promise more than 25 pts this week. Brownwood won't stop them. Like you said...weaknesses get exposed.

Brownwood's QB won't be as effective this week. You'll see him do stuff that is not typical of him. Pope most likely won't be singled up on Shipley, but he'll be in the vicinity.

Carthage will give up things they never knew possible. Our OC, Brown, Shipley, Chastain, and Ratliff are already licking their chops. Carthage has more holes than a piece of swiss cheese blasted with a shotgun. Pope won't be a factor. The LB, maybe so...

This will be the first time having more athletes won't get it done for Carthage. We have you doubled in that area plus flawless execution.

Pope at Db is good, except when he plays a Shipley at WR. Fast, Route Running, and Hands, and vertical jump (plus timing) is impeccable. It will be a long night for Carthage's defense.

garciap77
12-06-2010, 09:28 PM

Only in East Texas!:D:D:D

;)

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 09:32 PM
How many times did Carthage get the ball and how many times did they score against argyle???

Carthage ends Argyle's perfect season

11:31 PM CST on Friday, December 3, 2010
By CORBETT SMITH / The Dallas Morning News

TYLER – Time and again, Argyle – or the officiating crew – put Carthage in second- or third-and-long situations.

And seemingly each time, Carthage would convert.

Carthage scored on seven straight drives in its 44-27 win in the Class 3A Division II Region II final at Tyler's Rose Stadium.

Argyle had so much trouble getting stops, after it closed the deficit to 10 with 8:25 remaining in the game, it attempted an onside kick.

But that gambit, like much for Argyle on the night, didn't work.

Right after Argyle's failed onside kick, the defense looked primed to make a key third-down stop and get the ball back.

But on third-and-4, Carthage quarterback Anthony Morgan spun out of a certain sack, and hit Hunter Holland for a 10-yard gain. Holland eventually scored on a 9-yard run.

Morgan scored three rushing touchdowns and threw for another touchdown, and Holland rushed for 140 yards and a touchdown.

Argyle opened the scoring with a 30-yard Chad Hedlund field goal with 4:41 remaining in the first quarter, the kick set up by an interception by Carston Bossow.

At that time, it was a tense defensive affair. Neither team had converted more than two first downs.

But, on the following drive, Carthage started chiseling away at the Argyle defense. An eight-play, 80-yard touchdown drive was the first of seven consecutive scoring drives for Carthage.

Argyle quarterback Austin Aune struggled all game, starting 0-for-7. Aune finished 8-of-24 for 147 yards with a touchdown and an interception.

Layton Lowry rushed for 152 for Argyle.

Keith7
12-06-2010, 09:35 PM

almost like hanging your hat on a win over a team that almost got beat by a weak Abilene Wylie team and DID get beat by a bad 4-6 Hebron team huh?

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Carthage will give up things they never knew possible. Our OC, Brown, Shipley, Chastain, and Ratliff are already licking their chops. Carthage has more holes than a piece of swiss cheese blasted with a shotgun. Pope won't be a factor. The LB, maybe so...

This will be the first time having more athletes won't get it done for Carthage. We have you doubled in that area plus flawless execution.

Pope at Db is good, except when he plays a Shipley at WR. Fast, Route Running, and Hands, and vertical jump (plus timing) is impeccable. It will be a long night for Carthage's defense.

We won't be playing Shipley man to man. We play zone. We are good enough to do it too and 3-4 defense. Your quarterback will be getting intercepted left and right not knowing where the guy came from. We'll see ya in the funny papers Lioness.

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Complete Game Summary and Statistics:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/leaderboard/v3/argyle/stories/DRC_Argyle-Carthage_1204.29135eeec.html

Rocket
12-06-2010, 09:42 PM
We won't be playing Shipley man to man. We play zone. We are good enough to do it too and 3-4 defense. Your quarterback will be getting intercepted left and right not knowing where the guy came from. We'll see ya in the funny papers Lioness.

LOL OH NO..not a zone! PLEASE!

Holes galore..

hollywood
12-06-2010, 09:43 PM

Well, we'll see. Brownwood has seen some really good offenses as well. Bridgeport could score some points. They had a very good sized OL and the QB was good and could run. They had a very fast RB and they tried to stretch the corner but couldn't. They put up 31 on BW's D. Most of any team all year.

I can honestly say that Carthage will give BW's offense more of a challenge this week than they've seen since week 2 against Sville. But, Pope trying to cover Shipley is going to be interesting to say the least. Shipley can run a route so well it'll make anyone a believer... even Pope! Brown rolls out very well and doesn't panic... very very poised and mature young man. Has a laser like cannon! You will see when he releases the ball, it's on target and gets there fast. One thousand one, one thousand two... completion. Seriously, I'm not exaggerating.

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 09:47 PM
LOL OH NO..not a zone! PLEASE!

Holes galore..

Hey Shipley! Time to make the Doughnuts! (Turning to run after the interceptor)

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Only in East Texas!:D:D:D

;)

Still got some football in ya? That's good. You need an outlet after that loss. Poor guy. You can come cheer us on in the State Championship next week. We'll welcome ya!

Rocket
12-06-2010, 09:49 PM

Hey Pope! Time to pray...Halftime is only 28 minutes...

hollywood
12-06-2010, 09:49 PM
You will see soon enough...

91 lion
12-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Wow, just got back from smoaky. LOL They are calling us full of ourselves??? LOL They have no idea who Brownwood has played, where Brownwood is located (until someone googled it), why Brownwood is ranked #1. They think Argyle is a better team!!! Freaking unbeleivable. They are trying to rally all East Texas fans to support them. Nothing wrong with that, but it's as if they have no clue who Brownwood is until this week! I sinced a bit of "lack of knowledge" going on over there!!! BIG TIME!!

I will tell you this, they will be shocked at how good Brownwood is. Those posters are truly clueless!!!

Not only are they looking up BWD on a map over on Smoakstack...one goober actually posted that "after looking at their stats, it looks like they are 60/40 on offense, leaning heavy towards the run....kinda like Argyle":confused: :confused:

As if that wasn't enough, his next sentence was "now back to scouting".

I tell you what, if that is their "scout" we have NOTHING to worry about.:cool:

hollywood
12-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Still got some football in ya? That's good. You need an outlet after that loss. Poor guy. You can come cheer us on in the State Championship next week. We'll welcome ya!

You're starting to sound like Lion88 from Henderson. lol

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Hey Pope! Time to pray...Halftime is only 28 minutes...

Man you really are set on this Pope guy! Trust me. You had better be more worried about Pope on offense! You are targeting the wrong guy! Jalen Claiborne on Defense is who you better be worried about.

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 09:51 PM
The advantage Shipley would have over Pope is that he knows the route and the db doesn't. This is assuming they are equal talent wise. I'd say in high school a great receiver has the advantage over the db. Especially when that great receiver has 3 or 4 others that would start for any spread 3A team.

Rocket
12-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Man you really are set on this Pope guy! Trust me. You had better be more worried about Pope on offense! You are targeting the wrong guy! Jalen Claiborne on Defense is who you better be worried about.

LOL I have seen him. He is a great WR, no doubt about it. But we have 2 just like him..

91 lion
12-06-2010, 09:53 PM

Sure....you are at he point where you will say just about anything.

hollywood
12-06-2010, 09:54 PM
LOL I have seen him. He is a great WR, no doubt about it. But we have 2 just like him..

No, not just like him... more sure handed... yes.

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Sure....you are at he point where you will say just about anything.

Here kitty kitty. Nice kitty.

lulu
12-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Because I know things. Now get back to chatting with lulu and RM!:p I noticed you waited til I signed out for this. I'll get ya.

RM and ccmon will take care of you til then.

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 09:58 PM
I've told you. Pope has been playing with an attitude problem. He is more likely to help you guys than to help us. We don't have any star players on our TEAM. We don't depend on one guy. You take away Shipley donut and you guys still have a TEAM I am sure. Or can you not win without this guy? I don't blame ya. I felt the same way after we lost our running back Dwight Smith (The guy was lightning in a bottle!). But after winning state AGAIN without him I realized it wasn't him. It was our coaches. This year I am seeing it again. We have I believe the best coaching staff in Texas. And if you beat us then I will say yours is!

garciap77
12-06-2010, 09:58 PM

Deal! If you win, I will cheer for the Bulldogs!!! Not to many teams get a shoot at the Three-Peat! How many Texas high school football teams have accomplished this?

91 lion
12-06-2010, 09:59 PM

According to Max Preps....could be completely wrong but:

Pope has 10 receptions on the year.

Against Argyle...1 reception....6 yards.

Again, this could be wrong....but it looks like you are just talking out of the side of your neck, Dawg

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Deal! If you win, I will cheer for the Bulldogs!!! Not to many teams get a shoot at the Three-Peat! How many Texas high school football teams have accomplished this? :wave:OOH :wave:OOH I know one that did a 4 peat.:D

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Deal! If you win, I will cheer for the Bulldogs!!! Not to many teams get a shoot at the Three-Peat! How many Texas high school football teams have accomplished this?

I am not sure. I need to see if I can get a hold of WOS87 for that one. I have tried looking and have found some. Like Celina...Waco in 1928..., etc. but no complete list. But I'll hold off to see if we can get past Wormwood before I start going crazy looking!

Rocket
12-06-2010, 10:01 PM
I've told you. Pope has been playing with an attitude problem. He is more likely to help you guys than to help us. We don't have any star players on our TEAM. We don't depend on one guy. You take away Shipley donut and you guys still have a TEAM I am sure. Or can you not win without this guy? I don't blame ya. I felt the same way after we lost our running back Dwight Smith (The guy was lightning in a bottle!). But after winning state AGAIN without him I realized it wasn't him. It was our coaches. This year I am seeing it again. We have I believe the best coaching staff in Texas. And if you beat us then I will say yours is!

When are you going to side with us? Brownwood is the TRUE #1 and will prove it. I don't understand why you are so stubborn! LOL

bwdlionfan
12-06-2010, 10:02 PM
I am not sure. I need to see if I can get a hold of WOS87 for that one. I have tried looking and have found some. Like Celina...Waco in 1928..., etc. but no complete list. But I'll hold off to see if we can get past Wormwood before I start going crazy looking!

Didn't Sealy do it?

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 10:02 PM

Ok I've heard your 2 losses were without 2 studs on defense. Now I'm confused

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Ok I've heard your 2 losses were without 2 studs on defense. Now I'm confused

They were. Without Pope and without Kendall Thompson. But we just weren't playing good football versus those teams yet. It takes our coach about 5 games to make a team into something that is unstoppable. This year we had a team that I though didn't have enough talent to win district, much less win another State Title. But like I said. This coach is magic. It's like he hypnotizes them and tells them they will play beyond their capabilities and wakes them up and they play like they are in the NFL. Don't know how he does it. But don't worry about our guys being worn out. We get much better as a football team in the second half. Our coach is the KING of halftime adjustments.

Rocket
12-06-2010, 10:09 PM
If pope has an attitude problem, it should begin to manifest about halfway through the 2nd Quarter, if my calculations are correct.

Rocket
12-06-2010, 10:09 PM
They were. Without Pope and without Kendall Thompson. But we just weren't playing good football versus those teams yet. It takes our coach about 5 games to make a team into something that is unstoppable. This year we had a team that I though didn't have enough talent to win district, much less win another State Title. But like I said. This coach is magic. It's like he hypnotizes them and tells them they will play beyond their capabilities and wakes them up and they play like they are in the NFL. Don't know how he does it. But don't worry about our guys being worn out. We get much better as a football team in the second half. Our coach is the KING of halftime adjustments.

LOL Our coaches are the KINGER of halftime adjustments...Your defense will be gassed. LOL They will be. And it will get gross...

db1980
12-06-2010, 10:10 PM
LOL Our coaches are the KINGER of halftime adjustments...

Well it should be a good game, Huh?

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 10:11 PM
But all I've heard is that's why yal lost. In 3A, a couple of key players can make all the difference in the world and everyone on this board knows it.

We want to beat your best 22 guys. We think we can. The best is west this year.

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 10:11 PM
If pope has an attitude problem, it should begin to manifest about halfway through the 2nd Quarter, if my calculations are correct.

I'm guessing it probably will too. He didn't show it until the Playoffs then he started it and has gotten worse. Last week against Argyle I figured he may doom us but he only got one personal foul and almost got into a fight. If yall beat us it may be because of his attitude. So look for it. #1 - Tall Lanky fella, can't miss 'em.

db1980
12-06-2010, 10:12 PM
But all I've heard is that's why yal lost. In 3A, a couple of key players can make all the difference in the world and everyone on this board knows it.

Well it should be a good game, huh?

Rocket
12-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Well it should be a good game, Huh?

Yup! Should be...

Looking4number8
12-06-2010, 10:13 PM
LOL Our coaches are the KINGER of halftime adjustments...Your defense will be gassed. LOL They will be. And it will get gross...

Wrong, our coaches are the Kings of adjustments after just a couple plays...

Tin Cup
This game will only be good if you are a Brownwood fan.

Dawgdaze

Good luck! The Beast from the East is wicked!

91 lion
12-06-2010, 10:14 PM
100 pages

lulu
12-06-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm guessing it probably will too. He didn't show it until the Playoffs then he started it and has gotten worse. Last week against Argyle I figured he may doom us but he only got one personal foul and almost got into a fight. If yall beat us it may be because of his attitude. So look for it. #1 - Tall Lanky fella, can't miss 'em.

Coach better yank a knot in his shiny hiney. No call for all that grandstanding .

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 10:15 PM
According to Max Preps....could be completely wrong but:

Pope has 10 receptions on the year.

Against Argyle...1 reception....6 yards.

Again, this could be wrong....but it looks like you are just talking out of the side of your neck, Dawg

Not sure if you are aware of this or not...but MaxPreps is like the worst source for DEPENDABLE stats. They are very often wrong. And no we haven't completed many passes to POPE. But they are just about to learn to connect if he can catch a pass. He dropped a 50 yarder against Argyle.

db1980
12-06-2010, 10:15 PM
This game will only be good if you are a Brownwood fan.

Are you that excited about basketball season?

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Coach better yank a knot in his shiny hiney. No call for all that grandstanding .

I hope he does. But we had a huge offensive lineman last year and year before that was just as bad. He'd knock down defensive linemen and kick them! I figured the coach would run it out of him but he kept doing it and we got lucky he didn't cost us the game against Graham. He is gone and now we got another knothead.

Rocket
12-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Good luck! The Beast from the East is wicked!

"Are you the little guy making all that noise?" will be our response come Friday...LOL I am going to wear gloves so that my hands don't fall off from all the high fives..

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Are you that excited about basketball season?

Yes, the mavericks are looking good

91 lion
12-06-2010, 10:18 PM

yeah right....just like he is the offense.....with 10 receptions

...and Claiborne is defense.....oh, but he has 93 receptions.

...i really dont know what to believe from you.

db1980
12-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Yes, the mavericks are looking good

So the Brownwood 'mavericks' start next week?

Rocket
12-06-2010, 10:20 PM
I hope he does. But we had a huge offensive lineman last year and year before that was just as bad. He'd knock down defensive linemen and kick them! I figured the coach would run it out of him but he kept doing it and we got lucky he didn't cost us the game against Graham. He is gone and now we got another knothead.

Brownwood plays with a big chip on their shoulder, but are pretty grounded. I love that they play with an attitude. They won't cheapshot ya though...

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 10:20 PM
yeah right....just like he is the offense.....with 10 receptions

...and Claiborne is defense.....oh, but he has 93 receptions.

...i really dont know what to believe from you.

Claiborne is our best player on the whole team. Claiborne plays both ways, so does Pope. Pope has only been playing half the season now since coming back from being hurt. In fact most of our secondary plays both ways.

garciap77
12-06-2010, 10:21 PM

But, coach I did not mean to punt to him!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGPTcqGrmTs

:)

Go Lions!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Rocket
12-06-2010, 10:21 PM
So the Brownwood 'mavericks' start next week?

Sounds like Carthage has the "We are Carthage, we don't have to earn the win" Syndrome. LOL Oh a rude awakening is coming....