View Full Version : 3A Division II State Semifinal: Brownwood (14-0) vs. Carthage (12-2)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Brownwood plays with a big chip on their shoulder, but are pretty grounded. I love that they play with an attitude. They won't cheapshot ya though...

Carthage is the same way. They don't showboat either.

91 lion
12-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Dawgdaze
......... In fact most of our secondary plays both ways.

If so, y'all are in trouble!

wimbo_pro
12-06-2010, 10:23 PM
There sure are a lot of posts on this thread...but in terms of anything new, this is as boring as the others.

Rocket
12-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion
If so, y'all are in trouble!

Did he just say their secondary plays both ways? OH SNAP! SWEEEEEEEEET....Game over by halftime.

Rocket
12-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
There sure are a lot of posts on this thread...but in terms of anything new, this is as boring as the others.

No, not true..Wimberley is the most boring team on the planet.

Tin Cup
I don't know who will win but I do know that both teams will have a complete respect for the other after this one. Carthage will be left thinking "now I know why they say bring the wood!" and Brownwood will understand and respect why Carthage has won it the last two years. This is what it's all about.

It's our turn now. You won't give it to us, we are gunna take it.

Rocket
Originally posted by garciap77
But, coach I did not mean to punt to him!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGPTcqGrmTs

:)

Go Lions!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Listen to the train whistle at the end of the play...the Train is coming....

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Did he just say their secondary plays both ways? OH SNAP! SWEEEEEEEEET....Game over by halftime. Get your hand of your hip and quit looking in the mirror!

91 lion
12-06-2010, 10:26 PM

what do you mean wimbo?....we just learned that their secondary plays both ways.....that is new news:cool:

Rocket
12-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Get your hand of your hip and quit looking in the mirror!

I got so excited that I did a Bend and Snap, as well..

Bend and Snap! HEEEEYYYYYYY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-4tIs00NvM)

Notice the Bulldog in the end..with the "Woof, woof!"

db1980
12-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Sounds like Carthage has the "We are Carthage, we don't have to earn the win" Syndrome. LOL Oh a rude awakening is coming....

I think it is ironic you are saying that about another team. That has been in every one of your posts. I think the rude awakening is coming, but for you my friend/foe.

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Yep, I am starting to think you guys may have the upper hand in this one. Enrollment is 200 more than ours and so you don't have many players playing both ways will be to your advantage. Like I said this IMO was a down year and we made it up this far. If we win it will be because of our QB's sheer will.

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 10:29 PM
The Carthage qb has HEART!!!

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Oh yeah. Now if he had just about 5 more inches of height he'd be an awesome QB for Texas.

Rocket
Originally posted by db1980
I think it is ironic you are saying that about another team. That has been in every one of your posts. I think the rude awakening is coming, but for you my friend/foe.

No...We are the favorite. And for good reason. Come and get it...

ccmom
Get your hand of your hip and quit looking in the mirror! That cracked me up!! :clap:

Rocket
12-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
That cracked me up!! :clap:

Women :rolleyes: So easily entertained...especially by weirdos like bobcat1A

Rocket
12-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
The Carthage qb has HEART!!!

LOL Oh noooooooo....crap... game over.

db1980
12-06-2010, 10:32 PM
No...We are the favorite. And for good reason. Come and get it...

I'm sorry...I didn't realize you were defending last year's state championship. Sorry for missing that.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Did he just say their secondary plays both ways? OH SNAP! SWEEEEEEEEET....Game over by halftime.

dont let them fool u..Pope plays WR every once in Claiborne comes in on D every once in a while awhile and that is about it

about like how Bwood uses their WR/CBs

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
dont let them fool u..Pope plays WR every once in Claiborne comes in on D every once in a while awhile and that is about it

Hey quit letting the cat out of the bag! I want this guy to be so pumped up so I can see the fumes coming out at the game!

Rocket
12-06-2010, 10:35 PM

Most Non-Triumphant...

91 lion
12-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Yep, I am starting to think you guys may have the upper hand in this one. Enrollment is 200 more than ours and so you don't have many players playing both ways will be to your advantage. Like I said this IMO was a down year and we made it up this far. If we win it will be because of our QB's sheer will.

Don't worry, I'm sure someone will play along with your games....we know how you really feel....remember, Obiwan is from Brownwood:cool:

Rocket
12-06-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm sorry...I didn't realize you were defending last year's state championship. Sorry for missing that.

:rolleyes: This Carthage team did not win it...sorry.

db1980
12-06-2010, 10:39 PM
:rolleyes: This Carthage team did not win it...sorry.

The majority is back. So did Brownwood win it?

Rocket
12-06-2010, 10:41 PM
The majority is back. So did Brownwood win it?

It is funny to me how Carthage won't be favored by any poll, except the Smoaky Buttkissing East Texas Poll...LOL

91 lion
12-06-2010, 10:41 PM

believe me...he's fooling no-one...we are just playing along. they posted on Saturday that basically no-one plays both ways.

we are just trying to entertain him....kinda like we do Keith6-man:cool:

Rocket
12-06-2010, 10:42 PM
believe me...he's fooling no-one...we are just playing along. they posted on Saturday that basically no-one plays both ways.

we are just trying to entertain him....kinda like we do Keith6-man:cool:

LOL yup yup! what about db19805671254623?

91 lion
12-06-2010, 10:44 PM
LOL yup yup! what about db19805671254623?

yep, her too.

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 10:44 PM
It is funny to me how Carthage won't be favored by any poll, except the Smoaky Buttkissing East Texas Poll...LOL

I thought we aren't supposed to refer to any other forums in here?

db1980
12-06-2010, 10:45 PM

So you find it 'funny' that Brownwood is favored? I thought you were pulling for Brownwood.

RealDawgFan
12-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Dawgdaze, GO HOME! You are embarrassing us again! First, Pope is a great athlete and I don't know what Dawgdaze is talking about with attitude. Pope got one personal foul last week after the other team's guys gave cheap shot after cheap shot. And I know for a fact he got his butt chewed for it since it cost us 3 points! Lesson learned... move on.

Carthage doesn't ever go into a game expecting to be given a win... they go in expect to EARN a win! The coaches are too smart to let those boys get the big head about a game.

I know for a personal fact, the coaches spent the entire day watching 13 films on Brownwood and getting together the game plan.

They are not underestimating Brownwood, Shipley (the athlete or coach) or any part of your ball club. They are preparing! They have a healthy respect for your team and coach and know this will be the most challenging game since Chapel Hill. I will tell all of you Brownwood supporters, do not underestimate Carthage... they are planning to play your team as if you can and will beat them if they make a mistake.

The Dawg defense may allow points, but they know how to make a stop when it counts! They have done it time and time again. As for the offense, they have to talent and ability to score as often as needed.

I predict that it will take Carthage a couple of series to "figure out" Brownwood. Brownwood will score first and maybe even go up by 2 TDs. Carthage will keep it close in the first half. The second half Carthage will adjust all aspects: offense, defense and special teams. They will slowly take the lead and come out on top. They will win by a minimum of 7 points but I think it will be by 14.

db1980
12-06-2010, 10:47 PM
yep, her too.

I'm a man....I'm 30.

Classless attemp at humor on your part

91 lion
12-06-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by RealDawgFan
Dawgdaze, GO HOME! You are embarrassing us again! First, Pope is a great athlete and I don't know what Dawgdaze is talking about with attitude. Pope got one personal foul last week after the other team's guys gave cheap shot after cheap shot. And I know for a fact he got his butt chewed for it since it cost us 3 points! Lesson learned... move on.

Carthage doesn't ever go into a game expecting to be given a win... they go in expect to EARN a win! The coaches are too smart to let those boys get the big head about a game.

I know for a personal fact, the coaches spent the entire day watching 13 films on Brownwood and getting together the game plan.

They are not underestimating Brownwood, Shipley (the athlete or coach) or any part of your ball club. They are preparing! They have a healthy respect for your team and coach and know this will be the most challenging game since Chapel Hill. I will tell all of you Brownwood supporters, do not underestimate Carthage... they are planning to play your team as if you can and will beat them if they make a mistake.

The Dawg defense may allow points, but they know how to make a stop when it counts! They have done it time and time again. As for the offense, they have to talent and ability to score as often as needed.

I predict that it will take Carthage a couple of series to "figure out" Brownwood. Brownwood will score first and maybe even go up by 2 TDs. Carthage will keep it close in the first half. The second half Carthage will adjust all aspects: offense, defense and special teams. They will slowly take the lead and come out on top. They will win by a minimum of 7 points but I think it will be by 14.

These Dawg fans are funny....can't get along in their own house.

HeavyD
12-06-2010, 10:51 PM

If you guys go down 14-0 right off the bat, you will not win

91 lion
12-06-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm a man....I'm 30.

poor ATTEMPT at spelling on yours

db1980
12-06-2010, 10:53 PM
poor ATTEMPT at spelling on yours

attack my spelling all you want, I will never attack you personally.

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 10:53 PM
These Dawg fans are funny....can't get along in their own house.

Hey he's a player. I'm just a fan. The loudest of all. In some ways too many ways. LOL. If he says they are prepared I believe it.

ccmom
12-06-2010, 10:54 PM
I thought we aren't supposed to refer to any other forums in here? Yeah well you aren't supposed to call kids out by name and make derogatory or inflammatory comments about them, but you don't seem to mind doing it. Even if it's about a kid on your own team and regardless of whether the comments are true or not, I don't think it's in good taste.

91 lion
attack my spelling all you want, I will never attack you personally.

lighten up bud...no-one has attacked you.:hand:

cameronyoe
Good luck Brownwood. I'm picking you to win by 21+. I hope its alot more as I am tired of hearing about how great East Texas is. So good luck. AND WIN IT ALL!!!!!

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm a man....I'm 30.

This reminds me of okie state coach.

I'M A MAN. I'M 40 lol

Dawgdaze
Yeah well you aren't supposed to call kids out by name and make derogatory or inflammatory comments about them, but you don't seem to mind doing it. Even if it's about a kid on your own team and regardless of whether the comments are true or not, I don't think it's in good taste.

:thinking:

Still learning the ways in here. Mypologies.

db1980

I'M A MAN. I'M 40 lol

That's why I said that.

wimbo_pro
12-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Yeah well you aren't supposed to call kids out by name and make derogatory or inflammatory comments about them, but you don't seem to mind doing it. Even if it's about a kid on your own team and regardless of whether the comments are true or not, I don't think it's in good taste.

This guy is an ass.

91 lion
12-06-2010, 10:56 PM

I'M A MAN. I'M 40 lol

that's exactly what I was thinking....i was going to comment, but refrained, after his feelings got hurt

garciap77
12-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Edward Pope
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUklL5G3Pbs

Jalen Claiborne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGslkqH6kLg

Impressive, but I'll still take the Lions by 21!:)

Go Lions!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 10:57 PM
This guy is an ass.

That's no derogatory or anything. Nobody jumps this guy for cussing in here.

Rocket
12-06-2010, 10:58 PM

Sounds just like Brownwood...our adjustments are always perfect. And I will say this...good luck adjusting to what you think you know is coming. LOL The Mad Scientist will bait you, reel you in, and then gut you.

13 films on Brownwood? LOL Hmmmm:thinking: Yup, I bet they are all bald from scratching their heads by now....

Brownwood will be ready and respectful , as well...oh and Hungry as a Hostage...

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Yeah well you aren't supposed to call kids out by name and make derogatory or inflammatory comments about them, but you don't seem to mind doing it. Even if it's about a kid on your own team and regardless of whether the comments are true or not, I don't think it's in good taste. Personally I don't see how he/she is still on here posting with the racial conotones from yesterday and derogatory remarks about a kid on his/her own team. I am wondering if Pope starts in front of his/her kid the way he rides Pope all day everyday.

91 lion
12-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by cameronyoe
Good luck Brownwood. I'm picking you to win by 21+. I hope its alot more as I am tired of hearing about how great East Texas is. So good luck. AND WIN IT ALL!!!!!

Thanks Yoe! We plan to watch y'all game with Tatum to get some pointers.....since, apparently, y'all had ZERO problems dealing with all of that ET speed. :D

Rocket
12-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Thanks Yoe! We plan to watch y'all game with Tatum to get some pointers.....since, apparently, y'all had ZERO problems dealing with all of that ET speed. :D

LOL

Ranger Mom
12-06-2010, 11:06 PM

Most warnings are taken up in private messages from a moderator to the guilty party, please know that just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Ranger Mom
12-06-2010, 11:07 PM
That cracked me up!! :clap:

Me too!! Especially since I could envision it happening!!:D

garciap77
12-06-2010, 11:08 PM
This guy is an ass.
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/shutup-1-1.jpg

:p

Rocket
12-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Most warnings are taken up in private messages from a moderator to the guilty party, please know that just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Yup..that is about how I remember it. LOL

Ranger Mom
12-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Yup..that is about how I remember it. LOL

As well you should!!;)

Rocket
12-06-2010, 11:14 PM
As well you should!!;)

Oh whatever...:hand:

Rocket
12-06-2010, 11:16 PM

wimbo is probably drunk right now...he starts using explicit lyrics, but he is a 3ADL Legend...

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Oh whatever...:hand: You remind me so much of a chick with the whatevers and the Oh Snaps! :p

Ranger Mom
12-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Oh whatever...:hand:

http://images0.cafepress.com/image/21246690_125x125.png

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 11:19 PM
wimbo is probably drunk right now...he starts using explicit lyrics, but he is a 3ADL Legend...

I see. A Legend in his own mind.

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 11:21 PM
Personally I don't see how he/she is still on here posting with the racial conotones from yesterday and derogatory remarks about a kid on his/her own team. I am wondering if Pope starts in front of his/her kid the way he rides Pope all day everyday.

Personally, I don't see how you get away with being on here at all since your beloved Celina bobcats lost. Don't you have a life to live? If you are not a moderator just mind your own business and let the moderator do their job.

hollywood
12-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Personally, I don't see how you get away with being on here at all since your beloved Celina bobcats lost. Don't you have a life to live? If you are not a moderator just mind your own business and let the moderator do their job.

Go vote your team in.

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 11:23 PM

:clap:

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Go vote your team in.

It says I don't have permission still. Got it now.

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Personally, I don't see how you get away with being on here at all since your beloved Celina bobcats lost. Don't you have a life to live? If you are not a moderator just mind your own business and let the moderator do their job. Personally I have a life and I have never run down a teenager on a public forum especially one from my own town's team. My Bobcats are Beloved. I will let the moderators do their job and hopefully they do it soon with your IGN...... arse. Some people's kids! Smoke 'em Wood! I was trying to be unbiased but you make that impossible. Rocket can't hold a candle to your ign.........

Ranger Mom
12-06-2010, 11:27 PM
It says I don't have permission still.

Hmmmm!! If it doesn't let you by tomorrow, let me know and we will look into it!!

I will have slept by then, this page will probably have 300 more post on it, and I will have forgotten!!!:)

Forget it...I posted before your edit!

#1 TEXAN
12-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by HeavyD
If you guys go down 14-0 right off the bat, you will not win

I agree you go down 14 and you are done, you guys really dont know what your getting into, you are bout to get rocked so hard you wont even know what happened. Lions by 21+

#1 TEXAN
12-06-2010, 11:32 PM
Carthage didnt know what to do last year when the steers came out and hit them right in the mouth, the lions will do the same thing but with a better overall offense. This game will be over halfway through the 3rd

91 lion
12-06-2010, 11:32 PM
...... with your IGN...... arse.

Do it! say it!.... I will support you! Rocket and I both will:D :D

In all seriousness, we plan to bring the Wood to 'em with precise measure!

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Do it! say it!.... I will support you! Rocket and I both will:D :D

In all seriousness, we plan to bring the Wood to 'em with precise measure! Bring the pain! Spank them because of Dawgdumbs.

Rocket
12-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Bring the pain! Spank them because of Dawgdumbs.

YES! bobcat1 LOVES US NOW! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Rocket
12-06-2010, 11:38 PM
http://images0.cafepress.com/image/21246690_125x125.png

I noticed... :thinking: :kiss: :inlove:

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by #1 TEXAN
Carthage didnt know what to do last year when the steers came out and hit them right in the mouth, the lions will do the same thing but with a better overall offense. This game will be over halfway through the 3rd

Uhmmm...Carthage beat Graham and our guy knocked your guy in the mouth 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage on your 2-point conversion instead of going for the tie. I imagine I'd retire too after that dumb call. Down goes McCoy. Down goes Shipley.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2010, 11:43 PM

uhh Carthage won that game so it seems they did know what to do when hit in the mouth

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 11:44 PM
YES! bobcat1 LOVES US NOW! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: No one said loves here yet so slow your roll. I do love me some good football and hate ign. arse newboots bandwagon jumpin tardos that could care less about rules and use the schtick of "Oh I did not know" BS. Run it to 100! I respect Carthage but want this idgit to be chock full of feathers beaks and feet of the large black bird so bad.

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 11:46 PM
FS Southwest will air the following title games: 3A D2 (12/17 4p) So make sure you guys tune in to watch the Dawgs take down Wimberly!!

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 11:46 PM
No one said loves here yet so slow your roll. I do love me some good football and hate ign. arse newboots bandwagon jumpin tardos that could care less about rules and use the schtick of "Oh I did not know" BS. Run it to 100! I respect Carthage but want this idgit to be chock full of feathers beaks and feet of the large black bird so bad.

Sticks and Stones....but bobkitties never hurt me. Eat my socks. Oh but if you want to get to know me better PM me and we'll hook up and I can take you down to eat or something.

#1 TEXAN
12-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Actually Graham beat Graham! Your team will not put shipley down. Dont open your mouth too wide or they may even try to put a 100 on you!

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Actually Graham beat Graham! Your team will not put shipley down. Dont open your mouth too wide or they may even try to put a 100 on you!

Wow your team was that bad they beat themselves out of a State Championship trophy?? LOL that's funny right there!!!

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 11:49 PM

Put some Peroxide on your wound and ask God to soften your heart.

#1 TEXAN
12-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Sticks and Stones....but bobkitties never hurt me. Eat my socks. Oh but if you want to get to know me better PM me and we'll hook up and I can take you down to eat or something. \

At least your name is right because you will be in a daze fri night.

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 11:50 PM
\

Shivering in my boots. BRING IT ON.

#1 TEXAN
12-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Put some Peroxide on your wound and ask God to soften your heart.

Put some peroxide in your bag for fri!

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 11:52 PM
\

I'd be ashamed to put I'm from Graham in my profile too. You guys were really bad. We should have beaten you by a lot more but we had the worst game of the year versus you. GO AWAY GRAHAM CRACKER!

Daddy D 11
12-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Just wanted to stop in and say hi, hey.

BEAST
It's not gonna be Wimbo and Carthage. Itll be The Wood vs whoever wins the other.

The Wood 45
carthage 20.

BEAST

#1 TEXAN

What about the thrashing you got from chapel hill?? This brownwood team can outscore them any day of the week,

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 11:55 PM
Sticks and Stones....but bobkitties never hurt me. Eat my socks. Oh but if you want to get to know me better PM me and we'll hook up and I can take you down to eat or something. PM Sent.

Dawgdaze
12-06-2010, 11:56 PM
What about the thrashing you got from chapel hill?? This brownwood team can outscore them any day of the week, Really How would you know?

#1 TEXAN
12-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
It's not gonna be Wimbo and Carthage. Itll be The Wood vs whoever wins the other.

The Wood 45
carthage 20.

BEAST

I was thinking they would at least get in the 50s there 1st string will play at least 2 series of second half.

Rocket
12-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Really How would you know?

He saw it firsthand...eye witnessed the best offense in the state.

#1 TEXAN
12-06-2010, 11:59 PM

This is one time I will agree with rocket I did and you will also see them Fri ALOT!!

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 12:04 AM
This is one time I will agree with rocket I did and you will also see them Fri ALOT!!

You guys sure talk the talk. We'll find out who walks the walk come Friday. You guys going to come back on here and eat your CROW on Saturday morning if you lose?

Rocket
12-07-2010, 12:06 AM
You guys sure talk the talk. We'll find out who walks the walk come Friday. You guys going to come back on here and eat your CROW on Saturday morning if you lose?

I will, IF we lose (which I highly doubt is going to happen). I will give props where they are due. No doubt. How about you?

#1 TEXAN
12-07-2010, 12:06 AM
I will have the crow cooking for you fri night so dont eat dinner.

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 12:08 AM
I will, IF we lose (which I highly doubt is going to happen). I will give props where they are due. No doubt. How about you?

I'll be here regardless and I'll back you guys 100 % if you win. IF I manage to not get booted first! LOL.

#1 TEXAN
Im not worried about them losing i dont think you know what your playing fri night this teams scores at will,

Rocket
I'll be here regardless and I'll back you guys 100 % if you win. IF I manage to not get booted first! LOL.

Don't you mean when we win? LOL

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 12:09 AM
I will have the crow cooking for you fri night so dont eat dinner.

Just cook it for Lunch on Saturday. I'll already have eaten dinner on the way to the game. Can't afford to be late Friday. Standing room only!

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 12:10 AM
Don't you mean when we win? LOL

You don't give an inch do you?

#1 TEXAN
12-07-2010, 12:11 AM

If brownwood beats there self I will in fact put respect where it is needed, But I dont not see this being the case

#1 TEXAN
12-07-2010, 12:13 AM
You don't give an inch do you?

My score predictions

Lions-56
Pups-21

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 12:14 AM
If brownwood beats there self I will in fact put respect where it is needed, But I dont not see this being the case

I GAURANTEE I won't come back on here with some LAME excuse that we 'beat ourselves'. If the better team wins then the better team wins.
As my favorite coach in the whole world says, "You are what your record says you are". - Bill Parcells.

DDBooger
12-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Boudin Crow, yum! LOL what kind of crow do you feed a west Texan?

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 12:16 AM
My score predictions:

DAWGS: 58
Kitties: 31
Graham: Sitting home watching...still.

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 12:17 AM

He didn't see Brownwood play Chapel Hill.

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Boudin Crow, yum! LOL what kind of crow do you feed a west Texan?

Tastes like Chicken so I'll grill it.

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 12:21 AM
My score predictions:

Graham: Sitting home watching...still. I'm betting you get booted on purpose to avoid the force feeding you have coming if Carthage loses. Not saying they will but you sure make it hard to root for them. I know you do not represent the Bulldogs so I will not hold your mouthings against them just as I do not hold Rocket's against the Lions. Crow is on the menu for one of the two this week. Hepaing helpings for either Friday at 10:30pm. Don't be late.

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 12:22 AM

Nope...not drunk. Just tired of this jerk who uses racist remarks and sexist/bigoted comments when he talks about students...kids. It pisses me off. Someone needed to say it plain and simple....you can coddle him and play with him like a cat playing with a mouse, but I find his type to be beneath contempt. There is a line when it comes to smack talk. He crossed it hundreds of posts ago. It obviously doesnt bother you. It bothers me.

DDBooger
12-07-2010, 12:23 AM
I'm betting you get booted on purpose to avoid the force feeding you have coming if Carthage loses. Not saying they will but you sure make it hard to root for them. I know you do not represent the Bulldogs so I will not hold your mouthings against them just as I do not hold Rocket's against the Lions. Crow is on the menu for one of the two this week. Hepaing helpings for either Friday at 10:30pm. Don't be late. Haha its like a moral dilemma choosing who to like more from two teams with some good trash talking fans.

#1 TEXAN
12-07-2010, 12:23 AM
I GAURANTEE I won't come back on here with some LAME excuse that we 'beat ourselves'. If the better team wins then the better team wins.
As my favorite coach in the whole world says, "You are what your record says you are". - Bill Parcells.

Your right and so far this year the lions are already 2 games better the you! THANK YE!

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Haha its like a moral dilemma choosing who to like more from two teams with some good trash talking fans. I know right.

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 12:27 AM
I'm betting you get booted on purpose to avoid the force feeding you have coming if Carthage loses. Not saying they will but you sure make it hard to root for them. I know you do not represent the Bulldogs so I will not hold your mouthings against them just as I do not hold Rocket's against the Lions. Crow is on the menu for one of the two this week. Hepaing helpings for either Friday at 10:30pm. Don't be late.

Nope. I'm going to steer clear of anything that might get me booted until then. I HAVE to be here to see you guys grovel and tell WIMBO next week how they don't have a prayer against my dawgs.

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 12:29 AM
Your right and so far this year the lions are already 2 games better the you! THANK YE!

No, you're two west texas teams better. That equals good enough to be in the same stadium with the dawgs. That's all it means right now. We know who we are. We've proven it twice the past two years and are ready to prove it again. 3-PEAT.

Dawgdaze
12-07-2010, 12:33 AM
Hey I got a comparison for you guys! Did yall play Cameron Yoe this year or if you didn't what do you think you would beat them by if you did?

LoboesWT
12-07-2010, 01:08 AM
So what East Texas is implying, correct me if I am wrong, if BW beats Carthage Region I is stronger than Region II period. That is the vibe I am getting in respect to this year.

Daddy D 11
12-07-2010, 02:03 AM
My score predictions

Lions-56
Pups-21

You honestly believe you guys will score 56?

Inmateboss
12-07-2010, 02:06 AM
I'd be ashamed to put I'm from Graham in my profile too. You guys were really bad. We should have beaten you by a lot more but we had the worst game of the year versus you. GO AWAY GRAHAM CRACKER!

You weren't thinking that in the last 2mins of the game, were you?? You were sitting there thinking, well we lost this one!!!
Graham gave you that one!! It was a gift...it's still in the books as a W. Win, no! Nobody left that game thinking Carthage beat us, or out played us! You say you had the worst game of the year against us, Thanks we'll take that as a compliment! I know you can come back and say the stars weren't lined up to suit y'all, or the voodoo lady threw some bad bones, or some other lip smackin paddy wackin 3rd grade sounding dribble that comes out of your mouth!! But the true test to see if you are the real deal will come Friday night!!You may win you may lose, nobody can say for a fact right now!! But the way I see it, when Brownwood gets through with y'all Friday night you will wish it was by "Just 1" little point so your team would have looked as good as the Graham Steers!!!

Inmateboss
12-07-2010, 02:09 AM
My score predictions:

Graham: Sitting home watching...still.

Dude you BLOW!!!

Inmateboss
12-07-2010, 02:16 AM
Nope...not drunk. Just tired of this jerk who uses racist remarks and sexist/bigoted comments when he talks about students...kids. It pisses me off. Someone needed to say it plain and simple....you can coddle him and play with him like a cat playing with a mouse, but I find his type to be beneath contempt. There is a line when it comes to smack talk. He crossed it hundreds of posts ago. It obviously doesnt bother you. It bothers me.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :clap:

Emerson1
12-07-2010, 02:38 AM
Tied at 70.

LH Panther Mom
12-07-2010, 05:49 AM
Deal! If you win, I will cheer for the Bulldogs!!! Not to many teams get a shoot at the Three-Peat! How many Texas high school football teams have accomplished this?

I am not sure. I need to see if I can get a hold of WOS87 for that one. I have tried looking and have found some. Like Celina...Waco in 1928..., etc. but no complete list. But I'll hold off to see if we can get past Wormwood before I start going crazy looking!
Waco '25-'27
Amarillo '34-36
Abilene '54-56
Big Sandy '73-'75
Ft. Hancock (4) '88-'91
Sealy (4) '94-'97
La Marque '95-'97
Midland Lee '98-'00
Celina (4) '98-01
SLC (4) '02-'05

Ranger Mom
12-07-2010, 06:54 AM
Just to refresh some of y'alls memories regarding rule #3

3). Do not engage in personal attacks and/or threats. (2 points)

This is NOT a smack site. We are not here to air personal vendettas.

Bashing of students/athletes (grades 12 & under) will NOT be tolerated.

Avoid using other members' real names in your posts(without their permission).

Do not engage in name calling and the use of derogatory terms toward others. That attaches a personal flavor that most posters will find objectionable. Try reversing the roles and see how you would feel if someone said it to you or about your child.

Personal attacks or threats, if reported, in posts, signatures, PM's, open chat, or chat IM's may warrant warning, suspension or banning, subject to Administrator discretion.

At 3A Downlow, we also tend to frown upon posts that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches.

Use intelligence & wit. If all you have to offer is the tired old rah rah stuff, the vets on this site will tire of you quickly. Be prepared to offer facts and statistics to back up your claims.

oldtownag
12-07-2010, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
You weren't thinking that in the last 2mins of the game, were you?? You were sitting there thinking, well we lost this one!!!
Graham gave you that one!! It was a gift...it's still in the books as a W. Win, no! Nobody left that game thinking Carthage beat us, or out played us! You say you had the worst game of the year against us, Thanks we'll take that as a compliment! I know you can come back and say the stars weren't lined up to suit y'all, or the voodoo lady threw some bad bones, or some other lip smackin paddy wackin 3rd grade sounding dribble that comes out of your mouth!! But the true test to see if you are the real deal will come Friday night!!You may win you may lose, nobody can say for a fact right now!! But the way I see it, when Brownwood gets through with y'all Friday night you will wish it was by "Just 1" little point so your team would have looked as good as the Graham Steers!!!

With 2 minutes to go Graham had not scored. If Carthage had kicked the field goal when they were on the 1 yard line, up by 13 points, you would not have gotten close. However, Graham played well in the red zone and kept the Dawgs out. Carthage played well in the red zone and kept Graham out. Congrats on making it close.

LionFan72
12-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Funny, carthage has one stud linebacker to carry the load, and you want to address Shipley. You have no idea! Better go ask your coaches what they think after watching 13 films on Monday, they have a clue, but they too are still uninformed and dont have time to get yall ready. As Rocket said, the playbook will open, and the Dogs will be flatfooted, pigeon toed, and slobbering looking for the watering bowl. Your secondary will be lit up like a town square Christmas tree. I am thinking more along the lines of Brownwood 56-Bullpups 31 now. No 3-peat, of course you have nothing to hang your jowls low for, you played the best team and LOST in the state semi-finals.

garciap77
12-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Without going into my LONG wordy analogy again...

"We won't kick to Shipley"...those are famous last words. :tisk:

Even if you THINK you are kicking away from him, you better make it a line drive toward the band equipment because I promise you he will find a way to get to the ball and once he does.....:eek: :eek: :eek: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

You tell ccmom!!!!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wieSSPQJbME

But, Coach I kicked away from him!!!:D

RoyceTTU
12-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Edward Pope
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUklL5G3Pbs

Jalen Claiborne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGslkqH6kLg

Impressive, but I'll still take the Lions by 21!:)

Go Lions!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Honest question, does Pope look slow on film to anyone else? My guess is it looks this way because he is so tall and his strides are rediculously long, but on film he sure looks slow.

Straight away he looks like he is fast but I think he will struggle covering Shipley because of Shipley's route running and quickness to make cuts.

Ranger Mom
12-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Honest question, does Pope look slow on film to anyone else? My guess is it looks this way because he is so tall and his strides are rediculously long, but on film he sure looks slow.

Straight away he looks like he is fast but I think he will struggle covering Shipley because of Shipley's route running and quickness to make cuts.

We sat on the Monahans side last Friday and I loved hearing the "shock and awe" from their fans when Shipley had the ball!!

RoyceTTU
12-07-2010, 09:16 AM
We sat on the Monahans side last Friday and I loved hearing the "shock and awe" from their fans when Shipley had the ball!!

Yeah, I had some distant relatives at the game from Monahans, they took pictures with Jaxon because they thought he was so great.

It amazes me what he does and the speed he does it when he gets the ball.

Ranger Mom
12-07-2010, 09:20 AM

No doubt!!

hollywood
12-07-2010, 09:22 AM
He will make something out of almost nothing and then some more! That's a fact Jack! But I don't know if he can do it with all that East Texas speed.:rolleyes:

lulu
12-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Yeah, I had some distant relatives at the game from Monahans, they took pictures with Jaxon because they thought he was so great.

It amazes me what he does and the speed he does it when he gets the ball. Hey Royce:kiss: lol

garciap77
12-07-2010, 09:27 AM

The Train is coming!LOL

RoyceTTU
12-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by lulu
Hey Royce:kiss: lol

WATCH IT !!!!:mad: :D

Ranger Mom
12-07-2010, 09:34 AM
The Train is coming!LOL

Isn't that clip on here somewhere but taken from the opposite angle??

garciap77
12-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Hey Royce:kiss: lol

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Miss-O-10-07-Bad-Girl-1.gif

:D

;)

garciap77
12-07-2010, 09:38 AM

Not sure, but I took a few (did not do a good job, but I tried). I did not take this one.

RoyceTTU
12-07-2010, 09:39 AM

Here is the other angle

http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=daisyandshipleypuntreturn003.mp4

lulu
12-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Hollywoods got it coming too. :D

lulu
12-07-2010, 09:43 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Miss-O-10-07-Bad-Girl-1.gif

;) They bring out that devil out in me 77:devil:

Ranger Mom
12-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Here is the other angle

http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=daisyandshipleypuntreturn003.mp4

Yeah!! That's the one I was talking about!!

garciap77
12-07-2010, 09:49 AM
They bring out that devil out in me 77:devil:

LOL

hollywood
12-07-2010, 09:55 AM
Hollywoods got it coming too. :D

Whaaaaaah???:eek:

:hand:

lulu
12-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Whaaaaaah???:eek:

:hand:

:D You know you remember that little comment about " go talk to Ranger Mom and Lulu". Yeah.....:devil:

lulu
12-07-2010, 10:04 AM
I know you are all gonna miss me on here lol but I promised myself to only spend 45 mins. on the D 'low today.

Might cheat a bit and check back this p.m.. :)

BwdLions
12-07-2010, 10:41 AM

Oh don't worry, the Lions are coming. :cool:

Trashman
12-07-2010, 10:53 AM
42 pages of mind numbing trash talk? Meh................ :doh:

Jauch
12-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Here is the other angle

WOW, that angle really showcases what this kid is all about. Amazing.

Rocket
12-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Oh don't worry, the Lions are coming. :cool:

Brownwood Lions Entrance | Here we come... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGXQJBbXp6U)

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Brownwood Lions Entrance | Here we come... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGXQJBbXp6U) Wow! Amazing Stupendous! I am in awe!:p

Rocket
12-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Wow! Amazing Stupendous! I am in awe!:p

I know you miss Celina running out on the field... ;) Seems like so long ago...

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 11:01 AM
I know you miss Celina running out on the field... ;) Seems like so long ago... We actually needed a break I think. Now is your turn. Don't blow it! Next year not so much for the maroon. Sure gonna miss a lot of the posters next year. :p

BEAST
12-07-2010, 11:02 AM
We actually needed a break I think. Now is your turn. Don't blow it! Next year not so much for the maroon. Sure gonna miss a lot of the posters next year. :p

You going to come to the game Friday Bobcat?

BEAST

Looking4number8
12-07-2010, 11:06 AM

Here ya go......

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/th_daisyandshipleypuntreturn003.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=daisyandshipleypuntreturn003.mp4)

Looking4number8
12-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Here is the other angle

Sorry, posted mine above before I finished reading the thread to see you already posted it... oppps

RoyceTTU
12-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Sorry, posted mine above before I finished reading the thread to see you already posted it... oppps

You just post padding :D :D :D

95mustang
12-07-2010, 11:17 AM

Its okay, I can watch it again.

Rocket
12-07-2010, 11:17 AM
We actually needed a break I think. Now is your turn. Don't blow it! Next year not so much for the maroon. Sure gonna miss a lot of the posters next year. :p

I'm not playing Friday. :rolleyes: But don't worry...these kids can taste it and they are ready. I would hate to be Carthage this week.

BEAST
12-07-2010, 11:19 AM

When is the movie coming out?

BEAST

oldtownag
12-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Brownwood Lions Entrance | Here we come... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGXQJBbXp6U)

That is kinda dumb. Like they did not know if they wanted to use a tunnel or just bust thru a sign.

Steers95
12-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
Carthage by 21

I do not think either team will win by a great margin. like the first guy said, brownwood will meet their match. this carthage team has been there and has won, the brownwood players are new to the playoff system. hard fought game, carthage wins by 6

Looking4number8

yep, just trying to keep up...

RoyceTTU
When is the movie coming out?

BEAST

Thursday at best :(

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 11:23 AM
That Shipley kid...WOW...better than his brother, I say.

Steers95
12-07-2010, 11:25 AM
That ain't happening. They may win but not by 21. If anyone wins by that margin it'll be us.

:iagree:

BEAST

Black_Magic
12-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
That is kinda dumb. Like they did not know if they wanted to use a tunnel or just bust thru a sign. If you guys want really get them thinking about the game start teaching your players this !http://slam.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingGalleryImages2003/angle-guerrero-ss04.jpg

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 11:34 AM
I think BEAST is correct...if its a wide margin, and it will be the Lions. The only way Carthage will win (in my opinion), is to STOP the Lions, not in a shoot-out scoring frenzy. Keep the Lions 21 and under, you got a shot. Tall order, looking at the stats. Tall order indeed.

Rocket
12-07-2010, 11:45 AM
I think BEAST is correct...if its a wide margin, and it will be the Lions. The only way Carthage will win (in my opinion), is to STOP the Lions, not in a shoot-out scoring frenzy. Keep the Lions 21 and under, you got a shot. Tall order, looking at the stats. Tall order indeed.

They will not keep Brownwood under 21... the test for them will be not getting down by 21.

Rocket
12-07-2010, 11:46 AM
That is kinda dumb. Like they did not know if they wanted to use a tunnel or just bust thru a sign.

Keep on talking....now you are calling our entrance dumb. It really doesn't matter if you like the entrance, you sure won't like the exit.

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 11:58 AM
They will not keep Brownwood under 21... the test for them will be not getting down by 21.

I hear ya RocketMan...but thats the recipe for beating you guys. Can they pull it off? Stats say no...but, stats be damned when they strap it on. Money is with the Lions, but not the mortgage.

Rocket
12-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
If you guys want really get them thinking about the game start teaching your players this !http://slam.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingGalleryImages2003/angle-guerrero-ss04.jpg

You aren't busy...why don't you drive over to Carthage and teach them. Haven't seen anybody do it like your boys do.:rolleyes:

Keith7
12-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Prediction:

Carthage http://www.camargo.eti.br/42.png, Brownwood http://the3500.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/21-film-poster-spacey.jpg

hollywood
12-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
If you guys want really get them thinking about the game start teaching your players this !http://slam.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingGalleryImages2003/angle-guerrero-ss04.jpg

Classy!

Rocket
12-07-2010, 12:10 PM
nm

hollywood
12-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Prediction:

Carthage http://www.camargo.eti.br/42.png, Brownwood http://the3500.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/21-film-poster-spacey.jpg

OOOkay.:nerd:

Looking4number8
12-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Prediction:

I dont like your prediction but at least you did it with style

oldtownag
12-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Carthage 42 - Brown Wood 21

That is all!

Yep, this is something that Keith7 and I can agree on!

hollywood
12-07-2010, 12:14 PM
I dont like your prediction but at least you did it with style

They only 42 Carthage will score will be in a game of dominos! Ain't happening.

gonktacular
12-07-2010, 12:18 PM
It really doesn't matter if you like the entrance, you sure won't like the exit.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Money Quote!

Bullaholic
12-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by gonktacular
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Money Quote!

"Please do not feed the animals"...:D

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 12:22 PM
You going to come to the game Friday Bobcat?

BEAST Still trying to work out the details. I just told my boss I was taking the day off. I'm thinking lunch and a movie with the wife, then go to the game and come back home and go for a nightcap. She is shopping all day today and getting her hair done. She will also be close to Winstar. So if she spends a bunch and loses at Winstar me getting to the game is a definite. :D

BEAST
12-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Still trying to work out the details. I just told my boss I was taking the day off. I'm thinking lunch and a movie with the wife, then go to the game and come back home and go for a nightcap. She is shopping all day today and getting her hair done. She will also be close to Winstar. So if she spends a bunch and loses at Winstar me getting to the game is a definite. :D

Let me know if you are going to be there.

BEAST

Black_Magic
12-07-2010, 12:26 PM
You aren't busy...why don't you drive over to Carthage and teach them. Haven't seen anybody do it like your boys do.:rolleyes: This is the best move we teach. its key to make sure and put the proper torque on the ankle. It must be done quickly and down in the pile if you can. You can see by this demonstration that there is alot of pain involved and if done properly , the other player will respond and get a penalty.http://www.mixed-martial-arts-training.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/inside-ankle-pin.jpg

Rocket
12-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Prediction:

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/78500/Blind-As-A-Bat-78565.jpg

Keith7
12-07-2010, 12:34 PM
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/78500/Blind-As-A-Bat-78565.jpg

I dunno..

Here's a test for you to see

Carthage http://www.color-blind.org/42.jpg, Brownwood http://robinsonscamera.com/images/cimage12.jpg

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Let me know if you are going to be there.

BEAST Sent you a PM

gonktacular
12-07-2010, 12:41 PM
I dunno..

Carthage http://www.color-blind.org/42.jpg, Brownwood http://robinsonscamera.com/images/cimage12.jpg

All I see is that you keep changing your score prediction.

If you bet on all possible outcomes you usually end up losing. Just sayin'.

Keith7
12-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by gonktacular
All I see is that you keep changing your score prediction.

If you bet on all possible outcomes you usually end up losing. Just sayin'.

Sorry, they didn't have a color blind test with the number 21 so I had to improvise.

Ranger Mom
12-07-2010, 12:42 PM
I dunno..

42-16???

Rocket
12-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Hey Keith Sweat... you are wrong.

Keith7
12-07-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm happy to see none of you are color blind

#1 TEXAN
12-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Its a long way to drive to watch half a ball game hopefully shipley plays the starters till the 4th!!

Heffelfinger
12-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Let's go Brownwood, represent Region 1 football.

Keith7
12-07-2010, 01:41 PM
I must have really blown y'alls mind with that color blind test

LionFan72
12-07-2010, 01:44 PM
I must have really blown y'alls mind with that color blind test

how many times and how many ways do you have to be told, you are wrong? Put your big girl panties on and deal with it. No 3 Peat!

LionFan72
12-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Only thing you blown is hot air! Rocket wanna be!

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Only thing you blown is hot air! Rocket wanna be! Rockets all blow hot air.

LionFan72
12-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Nuff Said! See you Friday!

Looking4number8
12-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm happy to see none of you are color blind

check that... never could see it, even after the 42-16 was written.. hate those dang eye charts

Keith7
12-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Since you guys decided to get quiet all of a sudden lets take a trip down memory lane and see just how overrated Brownwood is.

Looking back at the season, it's obvious the woodies have played a bunch of push overs.

You guys talk about how great the woodie defense is and how Carthage has done nothing of note on the defensive side of the ball. Well lets see of that's true.

Here's a look at who Brownwood has played and how those team's are on offense:

Gatesville: 29 PPG (11 games)
Graham: 25 PPG (11 games
Stephenville: 31 PPG (10 games)
Llano: 27 PPG (10 games)
China Spring: 25 PPG(10 games)
All Saints: 26.8 (10 games)
Big Spring: 25 PPG (10 games)
Snyder: 48 PPG (10 games)
Sweetwater: 17 PPG (10 games)
Wylie: 22 PPG (10 games)
Iowa Park: 28 PPG (11 games)
Bridgeport: 40 PPG (10 games)
Borger: 19 PPG (9 games)
Monahans: 40 PPG (10 games)

Brownwood Average Opponent Points per game: 28.7
Faced no teams that average 50 points or more a game.
Only faced 3 teams that averaged 40 points a game.
Only faced 4 teams that averaged 30 points or more.
Faced 2 teams that average less than 20 points.

looks pretty weak to me

Carthage, on the other hand, has played stellar offenses week-in and week-out. Yet, the Bulldogs are still 12-2 and playing for a chance at the state title

Jacksonville: 50 PPG (11 Games)
Lindale: 43 PPG (12 Games)
Chapel Hill: 43 PPG (14 Games)
Nacogdoches: 34 PPG (10 Games)
Center: 27 PPG (11 Games)
Pittsburg: 31 PPG (10 Games)
Gilmer: 41 PPG (13 Games)
Henderson: 38 PPG (14 Games)
Gladewater: 32 PPG (10 Games)
Spring Hill: 29 PPG (10 Games)
Pleasant Grove: 20 PPG (11 Games)
Canton: 42 PPG (12 Games)
Dallas Madison: 50 PPG (13 Games)
Argyle: 42 PPG (14 Games)

Carthage Average Opponent Points per game: 37.2
Faced 2 teams that average 50 points or more.
Faced 7 teams that average 40 points or more.
Faced 11 teams that average 30 points or more.
Faced one team that averaged exactly 20 points per game which includes a Carthage Shutout.

My point is this. You woodies act like the Bulldogs have yet to face a high-powered offense but you're wrong. Carthage has done it ALL YEAR. Brownwood, on the other hand, has played nobody up to Carthage's capabilities to this point (of course that's part of playing in a weak region).

If I were the woodies I would be scared. Really scared

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Good stats Keith...worth checking into.

Looking4number8
12-07-2010, 01:57 PM
There is more than one way to skin a cat keith. Part of the PPG average inclluded is against both Brownwood and carthage. Brownwoood held each team a good bit below their season average. I would be curious if Carthage did the same. One thing for sure, Carthage allowed more PPG than Bwd over the season.... something like 26 compared to 15

Keith7
12-07-2010, 01:58 PM
One thing for sure, Carthage allowed more PPG than Bwd over the season.... something like 26 compared to 15

But they played better offenses.

10 points per game better

Looking4number8
12-07-2010, 01:59 PM

objection.... hearsay, your honor

LionFan72
12-07-2010, 01:59 PM
The only point you prove is that Brownwood plays in a region that learns to play offense and defense. Wait until Friday, and you can keep stats.

Looking4number8
12-07-2010, 02:01 PM

or maybe their defense is not as good?

LionFan72
12-07-2010, 02:10 PM
I already see the Carthage folks grasping for straws, anything to hang on to. I am sure they have a little talent, or they would not be in the semi-finals. But from the season stats and the few videos I have seen, Brownwood wins 20+. True, I have not seen Carthage play, this is just based on the clips I have seen. Oline is slow off the ball, DB are not all that, the one hoss is the LB, and he can't win it all. Too many weapons!

Rocket
12-07-2010, 02:16 PM

They got beat by a sorry team, too. What's your point?

Keith7
12-07-2010, 02:22 PM
They got beat by a sorry team, too. What's your point?

Your signature win came against a team that barely beat Abilene Wylie and lost to a bad Hebron team. What's your point?

BullBoy
12-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Your signature win came against a team that barely beat Abilene Wylie and lost to a bad Hebron team. What's your point? :eek: :eek: :eek: :1popcorn:

LionFan72
12-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Our signature win will be Friday, the 10th of December! Zero defense, 300 yards rushing, 300 yards passing.

M-town lobo fan
12-07-2010, 02:30 PM
. Brownwood, on the other hand, has played nobody up to Carthage's capabilities to this point (of course that's part of playing in a weak region).
[/B]
You better hope the Score isn't any worse than 44-14 or 35-6...That will make the rest of in Region 1 look good:D

M-town lobo fan
12-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
You better hope the Score isn't any worse than 44-14 or 35-6...That will make the rest of us in Region 1 look good:D

LionFan72
12-07-2010, 02:37 PM
I can't wait till Friday, put up or shut up! And I really can't wait till Saturday morning to see how many of you knucleheads show up for your serving of boudin crow!

BullBoy
12-07-2010, 02:39 PM
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/bulls06/1708.gif

i posted this last week as a second half prediction (that brownwood would blow monahans away in the 2nd half.)

well here it is again for this weeks game.:D

91 lion
12-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Since you guys decided to get quiet all of a sudden lets take a trip down memory lane and see just how overrated Brownwood is.

Looking back at the season, it's obvious the woodies have played a bunch of push overs.

You guys talk about how great the woodie defense is and how Carthage has done nothing of note on the defensive side of the ball. Well lets see of that's true.

Here's a look at who Brownwood has played and how those team's are on offense:

Gatesville: 29 PPG (11 games)
Graham: 25 PPG (11 games
Stephenville: 31 PPG (10 games)
Llano: 27 PPG (10 games)
China Spring: 25 PPG(10 games)
All Saints: 26.8 (10 games)
Big Spring: 25 PPG (10 games)
Snyder: 48 PPG (10 games)
Sweetwater: 17 PPG (10 games)
Wylie: 22 PPG (10 games)
Iowa Park: 28 PPG (11 games)
Bridgeport: 40 PPG (10 games)
Borger: 19 PPG (9 games)
Monahans: 40 PPG (10 games)

Brownwood Average Opponent Points per game: 28.7
Faced no teams that average 50 points or more a game.
Only faced 3 teams that averaged 40 points a game.
Only faced 4 teams that averaged 30 points or more.
Faced 2 teams that average less than 20 points.

looks pretty weak to me

Carthage, on the other hand, has played stellar offenses week-in and week-out. Yet, the Bulldogs are still 12-2 and playing for a chance at the state title

Jacksonville: 50 PPG (11 Games)
Lindale: 43 PPG (12 Games)
Chapel Hill: 43 PPG (14 Games)
Nacogdoches: 34 PPG (10 Games)
Center: 27 PPG (11 Games)
Pittsburg: 31 PPG (10 Games)
Gilmer: 41 PPG (13 Games)
Henderson: 38 PPG (14 Games)
Gladewater: 32 PPG (10 Games)
Spring Hill: 29 PPG (10 Games)
Pleasant Grove: 20 PPG (11 Games)
Canton: 42 PPG (12 Games)
Dallas Madison: 50 PPG (13 Games)
Argyle: 42 PPG (14 Games)

Carthage Average Opponent Points per game: 37.2
Faced 2 teams that average 50 points or more.
Faced 7 teams that average 40 points or more.
Faced 11 teams that average 30 points or more.
Faced one team that averaged exactly 20 points per game which includes a Carthage Shutout.

My point is this. You woodies act like the Bulldogs have yet to face a high-powered offense but you're wrong. Carthage has done it ALL YEAR. Brownwood, on the other hand, has played nobody up to Carthage's capabilities to this point (of course that's part of playing in a weak region).

If I were the woodies I would be scared. Really scared

More lies...a quick check of the 1st team listed (Jacksonville), shows that they actually averaged 35.18 points a game in 11 games......far cry from 50!

I could only imagine what I would find if I wasted my time checking your claims:thinking:

Jacksonville Scores
Carthage (Carthage, TX) 26-41 (L)
Texas (Texarkana, TX) 26-13 (W)
@ Gilmer (Gilmer, TX) 43-36 (W)
@ Whitehouse (Whitehouse, TX) * 14-28 (L)
Marshall (Marshall, TX) * 30-27 (W)
@ Kilgore (Kilgore, TX) * 27-26 (W)
@ Pine Tree (Longview, TX) * 47-20 (W)
Hallsville (Hallsville, TX) * 24-23 (W)
@ Nacogdoches (Nacogdoches, TX) * 84-81 (W)
Tyler (Tyler, TX) * 14-34 (L)
Sulphur Springs (Sulphur Springs, TX) ***Rose Stadium 52-56 (L)

cowboyandchrist
12-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Funny, carthage has one stud linebacker to carry the load, and you want to address Shipley. You have no idea! Better go ask your coaches what they think after watching 13 films on Monday, they have a clue, but they too are still uninformed and dont have time to get yall ready. As Rocket said, the playbook will open, and the Dogs will be flatfooted, pigeon toed, and slobbering looking for the watering bowl. Your secondary will be lit up like a town square Christmas tree. I am thinking more along the lines of Brownwood 56-Bullpups 31 now. No 3-peat, of course you have nothing to hang your jowls low for, you played the best team and LOST in the state semi-finals.
After reading through more non football junk than I ever thought possible. Here is my take on this game. Brownwood will do what they do best on offense with very little running. Carthage will do what they do best a very balanced offense. Brownwood will not stop Carthage on Defense. I believe if Carthage stops Brownwoods first offensive drive, and takes the ball down field and scores, Carthage will win this game. If Brownwood scores easy on its first drive, game will belong to Brownwood. Teams in East Texas has done very well since 2003. Two state champs last year and one state champ already in the bag this year and with a possible 2nd this year. You Brownwood people have every right to brag on your team, but remember anything can happen on a Friday night. This Carthage team will show you somethings you are not use to with some oustanding match ups. Brownwood will be the favorite in this game as they should be, but that is why they play the game to find out who is the best.

BEAST
12-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
Brownwood will not stop Carthage on Defense.

Yes we will.

BEAST

rolldawgs
12-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Another Dawg fan here... Not from Carthage, but have followed CHS for four years now, while a nephew and great-nephew have been on the field (coach/player). Lots of $$ spent on travel, hotels, etc..during so many playoff games, and worth every cent. I drive each time from Pearland, just south of Houston. (Pearland just happens to be in the 5A Div I semis as well; so it's all good)

I'm not into all the smack talk (which is why my post count is about 20, not 2000). I'll leave the smack to Rodney, Dawgdaze, and so many others; although I may try some later since their are only two games left for "my" Dawgs (see what I did there?; my first smack).

OK, to the point. For the last THREE YEARS of PLAYOFF games, I've read from posters of the opposing team how their scheme, system, execution, offense, defense, special teams, etc...will be something Carthage has never had to face. Since I've rarely had anything more than a few youtube clips (usually none) to judge another team by, I have always been worried that Carthage would finally come across a team that would line up across from them and win by simply whipping their butt in the trenches. It...hasn't....happened.

In my opinion, THIS is what will have to happen to beat the Dawgs.
Shipley, Longoria, and your QB are certified studs, and you have a lot of other very good players around them, but can BW go toe-to-toe with the o-line and d-line of Carthage? Can't wait to find out.

Ranger Mom
12-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by rolldawgs
Another Dawg fan here... Not from Carthage, but have followed CHS for four years now, while a nephew and great-nephew have been on the field (coach/player). Lots of $$ spent on travel, hotels, etc..during so many playoff games, and worth every cent. I drive each time from Pearland, just south of Houston. (Pearland just happens to be in the 5A Div I semis as well; so it's all good)

I'm not into all the smack talk (which is why my post count is about 20, not 2000). I'll leave the smack to Rodney, Dawgdaze, and so many others; although I may try some later since their are only two games left for "my" Dawgs (see what I did there?; my first smack).

OK, to the point. For the last THREE YEARS of PLAYOFF games, I've read from posters of the opposing team how their scheme, system, execution, offense, defense, special teams, etc...will be something Carthage has never had to face. Since I've rarely had anything more than a few youtube clips (usually none) to judge another team by, I have always been worried that Carthage would finally come across a team that would line up across from them and win by simply whipping their butt in the trenches. It...hasn't....happened.

In my opinion, THIS

This post left me unfulfilled for some reason!!:confused:

Ahhhhh!! I see what you did!! You were editing while I was posting!!!!

:D :D

ccmom
12-07-2010, 02:58 PM

Haha....I was just about to post, "You have a way of leaving me wanting more...":D

LionFan72
12-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Only have one basketball game scheduled this year?

Jauch
12-07-2010, 02:59 PM

Ahhhhh!! I see what you did!! You were editing while I was posting!!!!

:D :D

and even after he finished, i'm still feeling empty.

Ranger Mom
12-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Haha....I was just about to post, "You have a way of leaving me wanting more...":D

LOL!! We sound so needy!!!:p

BEAST
12-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by rolldawgs

In my opinion, THIS is what will have to happen to beat the Dawgs.
Shipley, Longoria, and your QB are certified studs, and you have a lot of other very good players around them, but can BW go toe-to-toe with the o-line and d-line of Carthage? Can't wait to find out.

Every team we have faced this year has had a size advantage in the trenches. None of them have come close to our Qb excpet for rare excpetion. Our Dline has been able to adjust quickly and shut down the run and put a lot of pressure on the Qb with very rare exception.

BEAST

hollywood
12-07-2010, 03:11 PM
More lies...a quick check of the 1st team listed (Jacksonville), shows that they actually averaged 35.18 points a game in 11 games......far cry from 50!

I could only imagine what I would find if I wasted my time checking your claims:thinking:

Jacksonville Scores
Carthage (Carthage, TX) 26-41 (L)
Texas (Texarkana, TX) 26-13 (W)
@ Gilmer (Gilmer, TX) 43-36 (W)
@ Whitehouse (Whitehouse, TX) * 14-28 (L)
Marshall (Marshall, TX) * 30-27 (W)
@ Kilgore (Kilgore, TX) * 27-26 (W)
@ Pine Tree (Longview, TX) * 47-20 (W)
Hallsville (Hallsville, TX) * 24-23 (W)
@ Nacogdoches (Nacogdoches, TX) * 84-81 (W)
Tyler (Tyler, TX) * 14-34 (L)
Sulphur Springs (Sulphur Springs, TX) ***Rose Stadium 52-56 (L)

His report is skewed 91 lion. Look how many games he included for Carthages opponents. Never trust an Eagles fan anyway. They are all dreamers.

hollywood
12-07-2010, 03:14 PM
LOL!! We sound so needy!!!:p

Y'all are! How many hugs did you two ask for at the M&G? I kept hearing... "We've already met, just a few minutes ago!" :inlove:

oldtownag
12-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Brown wood runs a poor mans texas tech offense. Good enough to get you a bunch of wins, but not good enough for a championship. Can they get lucky and catch the Dawgs on a bad night? We shall see.

Ranger Mom
12-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Y'all are! How many hugs did you two ask for at the M&G? I kept hearing... "We've already met, just a few minutes ago!" :inlove:

:eek: :eek:

Am I gonna have to sic Lulu on you???

BEAST
12-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Brown wood runs a poor mans texas tech offense. Good enough to get you a bunch of wins, but not good enough for a championship. Can they get lucky and catch the Dawgs on a bad night? We shall see.

Not really anything like Techs offense. We dont do the little dink and dunk stuff. We go for it big. Quick question, since Carthage has loads of all that East Texas speed, will your coach have the balls to punt/kick to that slow little west Texas boy Shipley?

BEAST

Old LB
12-07-2010, 03:19 PM

Starting to waiver?

Jauch
12-07-2010, 03:19 PM

Bad Night? is that a pre-excuse

Ranger Mom
12-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Exactly 100 posts from beating the record from last week!!

Keith7
12-07-2010, 03:21 PM
His report is skewed 91 lion. Look how many games he included for Carthages opponents. Never trust an Eagles fan anyway. They are all dreamers.

I must have added one game twice.. oops..

Rocket
12-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Your signature win came against a team that barely beat Abilene Wylie and lost to a bad Hebron team. What's your point?

But we didn't lose to a sorry team. LOL

Jauch
12-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Exactly 100 posts from beating the record from last week!!

"And it's still early" Alvin

oldtownag
12-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Not really anything like Techs offense. We dont do the little dink and dunk stuff. We go for it big. Quick question, since Carthage has loads of all that East Texas speed, will your coach have the balls to punt/kick to that slow little west Texas boy Shipley?

BEAST

No he want. Too good a coach to let ego get in the way of another title.

Keith7
12-07-2010, 03:23 PM
But we didn't lose to a sorry team. LOL

Play against a sorry team without Shipley and Brown and see what the outcome would be.. :doh: :doh:

BEAST
12-07-2010, 03:24 PM
No he want. Too good a coach to let ego get in the way of another title.

Ahh, come on. Nobody from Brownwood could possibly outrun anyone on your team. We are west Texas slow remember.

BEAST

BEAST
12-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Play against a sorry team without Shipley and Brown and see what the outcome would be.. :doh: :doh:

We did last year most of the year and went 10-3.

BEAST

Rocket
12-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
Brownwood will not stop Carthage on Defense. I believe if Carthage stops Brownwoods first offensive drive, and takes the ball down field and scores, Carthage will win this game.

LOL If you were playing a ball control offense, MAYBE. But we will get that 7 points back very quickly...Don't screw up, Carthage. It will put you in a hole fast.

Your defense is suspect. It has holes...this has already been proven. If you gave up 26 points a game, you will give up 40+ on Friday night...

oldtownag
12-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Ahh, come on. Nobody from Brownwood could possibly outrun anyone on your team. We are west Texas slow remember.

BEAST

Just cause you are slow does not mean everyone in west texas is slow.

Rocket

So Carthage depends on 2 Studs on defense to beat Nacadoches? LOL This is too easy.

Keith7
We did last year most of the year and went 10-3.

BEAST

And lost to three sorry teams.. While Carthage only lost to one this season without two of its studs.

KEITH7

gonktacular
12-07-2010, 03:28 PM

Sounds like you're already making excuses for losing to me.

Here's some others for you to try on:

- QB has the Avian Flu

- Bus hit a lot of potholes on the way up

- That steak place we ate at last night didn't cook the food good

- Coach was mean the night before and pissed off Santa Claus

- Graham distracted us

- Monkeys

RoyceTTU
12-07-2010, 03:29 PM
http://www.johnlund.com/images/Funny-Lion-Intimidating-bulldog.jpg

hollywood
12-07-2010, 03:31 PM
And lost to three sorry teams.. While Carthage only lost to one this season without two of its studs.

KEITH7

Stephenville sorry?
Abilene Wylie sorry?
Wimberley sorry?

Hmm, you just proved yourself! Dreamer.

95mustang
12-07-2010, 03:32 PM

KEITH7

We also beat some pretty good teams as well, or have you forgotten that Graham only lost the championship by a point last year. :rolleyes: