View Full Version : 3A Division II State Semifinal: Brownwood (14-0) vs. Carthage (12-2)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

lbjacj
12-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Dawgdaze
Oh we can't say what race people are in here?

What is a jugbutt?

ctown
12-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Come on dawg, give em some of that "trains a coming" like a couple years ago. Call in some of the other Carthage posters too and get it rockin.

Rocket
12-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Oh are we comparing East and West Texas teams of the past? I wouldn't do that. You might not like what you see. Put it this way. This is the round us East Texas folks love when we get to play west texas teams because it was SO much easier than the last game. 1991 Carthage vs. Sweetwater: Carthage 34 Sweetwater 14. Look back and you will see lots of lopsided victories vs. those awesome west texas teams.

That is irrelevant to this game. We actually have a coach that knows how to beat your "speedy" teams and has proven it. BIG DIFFERENCE. I love the cockiness and disrespect you have for Brownwood. I guess you not knowing anything about what's coming will help you sleep better this week. Maybe?

Dawgdaze
12-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by ctown
Come on dawg, give em some of that "trains a coming" like a couple years ago. Call in some of the other Carthage posters too and get it rockin.

LOL. We don't have the freight train this year! And would you believe we have the possibility of STILL scoring as many points as we did that year? Our offense is that good again.

91 lion
12-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Oh we can't say what race people are in here?

That's not what I mean and you know it. As animated as this board gets, no one goes there in anyway about race. Just saying, we typically steer clear from that talk. You are the only poster that I have read their posts that inquired about how many African American kids play on our team....I didn't think mch of it, but then you started in on "skinny white boys" and "juggbutts....whatever that is.

Just sayin, talk your smack and leave that stuff out.

Rocket
12-05-2010, 05:47 PM
LOL. We don't have the freight train this year! And would you believe we have the possibility of STILL scoring as many points as we did that year? Our offense is that good again.

We have a jet... ;)

Dawgdaze
12-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
That is irrelevant to this game. We actually have a coach that knows how to beat your "speedy" teams and has proven it. BIG DIFFERENCE. I love the cockiness and disrespect you have for Brownwood. I guess you not knowing anything about what's coming will help you sleep better this week. Maybe?

Okay so now you're going to the superiority of your coaching staff versus ours? REALLY? Yeah our coaching staff isn't good. They are the best. Just try to outsmart our coaches. We don't have rebuilding years since they came here. We just RELOAD.

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2010, 05:49 PM
The difference is we totally destroyed every one of those teams you just mentioned. Argyle played patty cakes with them.

sorry I dont care if a team won 44-0, 21-20 or 60-20 to many times in a game a team scores or gives up garbage points that have no bearing on the outcome of the game

Tin Cup
12-05-2010, 05:49 PM
What ratio is Carthage run/pass?

ctown
12-05-2010, 05:51 PM
You and Keith7 are 2 peas in a pod.

The only difference between keith7 and rocket is that rocket has a team he cheers for. Other than that, they are both intransigent illogical thinker who live in la la land.

Dawgdaze
12-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion
That's not what I mean and you know it. As animated as this board gets, no one goes there in anyway about race. Just saying, we typically steer clear from that talk. You are the only poster that I have read their posts that inquired about how many African American kids play on our team....I didn't think mch of it, but then you started in on "skinny white boys" and "juggbutts....whatever that is.

Just sayin, talk your smack and leave that stuff out.

I had to indentify the young man I saw getting snaps from the pictures of the Brownwood / Monahans game. I didn't remember a number but I did remember what his ethnic makeup was. If people being of different races offends you then I am sorry. Jugbutts are big beefy lineman that have one position and can be no other. Skinny caucasian americans if that doesn't offend you. Race is not an issue to put in the closet folks. Quit being haters and embrace it. We are all the same. Just different colors.

Dawgdaze
12-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
What ratio is Carthage run/pass?

I'd say well-balance 50/50 but just depends on the game. This past game Argyle did a good job shutting down our running game in the first half so we went to air and had success. Last game we ran all over Dallas Madison. Overall I'd say 50/50.

Tin Cup
12-05-2010, 05:57 PM
I've heard a lot of good things about the accuracy of cathage QB. With that said, I'll take Graylon Brown

Dawgdaze
12-05-2010, 05:59 PM
I've heard a lot of good things about the accuracy of cathage QB. With that said, I'll take Graylon Brown

Go ahead, we'll take him down. : )

91 lion
12-05-2010, 06:01 PM
I had to indentify the young man I saw getting snaps from the pictures of the Brownwood / Monahans game. I didn't remember a number but I did remember what his ethnic makeup was. If people being of different races offends you then I am sorry. Jugbutts are big beefy lineman that have one position and can be no other. Skinny caucasian americans if that doesn't offend you. Race is not an issue to put in the closet folks. Quit being haters and embrace it. We are all the same. Just different colors.

Save it. None of this offends me...you would have to go pretty far to do that, as I have tough skin....and I dont need anything sugar-coated or PC. Not what I'm saying at all.

I am saying that this board is clean...no gray area undertones about any of that stuff. You're a newer poster, so just wanted to make sure you know what the board is and is not about.

Dawgdaze
12-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Save it. None of this offends me...you would have to go pretty far to do that, as I have tough skin....and I dont need anything sugar-coated or PC. Not what I'm saying at all.

I am saying that this board is clean...no gray area undertones about any of that stuff. You're a newer poster, so just wanted to make sure you know what the board is and is not about.

10-4. I'll usually steer away from anything that offends. I'll keep my distance on such taboo topics. ; )

Rocket
12-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
sorry I dont care if a team won 44-0, 21-20 or 60-20 to many times in a game a team scores or gives up garbage points that have no bearing on the outcome of the game

I care. It's the difference in domination (doing what great teams do) and winning a game (doing what good teams do).

Argyle's close wins were not garbage points given up on defense. Argyle was fighting to win the game.

Brownwood would score on Argyle at will. Sanger, LL, and Carthage proved that.

We can agree to disagree.

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2010, 06:05 PM

bith are great..and both asked to do different things..if they swtiched teams I think they would have the same numbers basically

Rocket
12-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Go ahead, we'll take him down. : )

:rolleyes:

gonktacular
12-05-2010, 06:07 PM
The train thing that the Carthage posters kept throwing at us this year made me think of this:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/gonktacular/train.jpg

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2010, 06:08 PM
I care. It's the difference in domination (doing what great teams do) and winning a game (doing what good teams do).

Argyle's close wins were not garbage points given up on defense. Argyle was fighting to win the game.

Brownwood would score on Argyle at will. Sanger, LL, and Carthage proved that.

We can agree to disagree.

i am sure u do care..I dont..if a team is winning 28-3 at half..I dont care that it became a 60-17 game

and Argyle actually did not have many "close" games as u make it seem

Tin Cup
12-05-2010, 06:12 PM
How many points was argyle averaging and how many did they score?

How many points is Carthage averaging and how many did they score?

Just curious not implying anything.

LIONS#1
12-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Because they are skinny little white ranch hands from west texas. Play some real smashmouth against some East Texas Jugbutts and they will.

What is up with this BS??? You need to be banned!!

Dawgdaze
12-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by gonktacular
The train thing that the Carthage posters kept throwing at us this year made me think of this:

Not sure who's talking about a train from Carthage but you missed him. His name is Dwight Smith and he belongs to TCU now. You'll hear more about him next year. You missed the Frieght Train. Sorry you spent all that time making the funny but it is good! The best one was 2008 when I found a pic of a train and doctored it with "The Freight Train is coming" and a Celina guy found another photo of a 'Derailed Train' and said, "Freight Train's Derailin'.

Dawgdaze
12-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by LIONS#1
What is up with this BS??? You need to be banned!!
And you need to work on your reading comprehension skills!

gonktacular
12-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Not sure who's talking about a train from Carthage but you missed him. His name is Dwight Smith and he belongs to TCU now. You'll hear more about him next year. You missed the Frieght Train. Sorry you spent all that time making the funny but it is good! The best one was 2008 when I found a pic of a train and doctored it with "The Freight Train is coming" and a Celina guy found another photo of a 'Derailed Train' and said, "Freight Train's Derailin'.

Oh, it's still relevant, I believe it's oldtownag who has been thumping the "Hey Brownwood, there's a train coming from the east" thing since the playoffs started.

Rocket
12-05-2010, 06:23 PM
i am sure u do care..I dont..if a team is winning 28-3 at half..I dont care that it became a 60-17 game

and Argyle actually did not have many "close" games as u make it seem

My point was every time they played a decent team it was a close game or they lost.

BWDCindie
12-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I'm sure Carthage does have a certain amount of respect for the brown woodies but I don't. They just aren't that good. From what I've seen, they are undisciplined (the players run the team), they are disrespectful (the players and band show up other teams' bands), they are overrated (they play in the weakest region of all of Texas High School Football) and they think they have already won it. So NO I don't have any respect and I'm going to laugh all night long next Friday night when they lose by 21.

This isn't coming from just another fan in the stands. This is coming from a fellow student and friend of these players. I've seen and heard what they have to say, and they are well aware of the tasks and challenges they have faced each week.

First, it's funny that I see the boys looking back at the coaches before every play to see what the COACHES want them to do.

Second, since when is having talent disrespectful? We can't help that we "show up" other teams. By you saying that we show them up, you are saying we are good. So you just contradicted yourself with that statement.

Third, you can call our region the weakest, but even then, it takes a good team to average wins over 55 points. Let's not forget our pre-season games which we won.
Who is 14-0 in this match-up?

Dawgdaze
12-05-2010, 06:32 PM
How many points was argyle averaging and how many did they score?

How many points is Carthage averaging and how many did they score?

Just curious not implying anything.

These stats include the game vs. Carthage

Argyle points scored avg. = 41.71
Argyle points allowed avg. = 15.14

Carthage points scored avg. = 43.35
Carthage points allowed avg. = 26.21

stang92
12-05-2010, 06:33 PM
After seeing Brownwood play Monahans, I am now a believer. Brownwood is very talented and yes very quick on the outside. I haven't seen Carthage play, but I'm sure that across the board they probably have more team speed than Brownwood just because East Texas teams are usually more "athletic" than teams from West Texas. That being said, Carthage might put up some points on Brownwood, but after seeing them play Friday night I don't see anybody in 3A beating the Lions. GOOD LUCK LIONS FROM ANDREWS! Bring the state title to West Texas

gonktacular
12-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Since it was brought back up, I wanna know what Keith7 was up to by taking a shot at the band. Kinda out of the blue. Brownwood's Band is a classy outfit. Not sure what he meant by "showing up other bands".

LIONS#1
12-05-2010, 06:39 PM
"
And you need to work on your reading comprehension skills!"

?? So what did I not understand.." the skinny little white ranch hands" or the "Jugbutts" :confused: Or the "So I saw you have what one African American kid who sometimes plays quarterback or is that just on special plays?"

I comprehend very well!!! and what this says is that you might be just a tad Racist!!

:confused: :nerd: :confused:

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2010, 06:40 PM
"

?? So what did I not understand.." the skinny little white ranch hands" or the "Jugbutts" :confused: Or the "So I saw you have what one African American kid who sometimes plays quarterback or is that just on special plays?"

I comprehend very well!!! and what this says is that you might be just a tad Racist!!

I agree

Keith7
12-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Since it was brought back up, I wanna know what Keith7 was up to by taking a shot at the band. Kinda out of the blue. Brownwood's Band is a classy outfit. Not sure what he meant by "showing up other bands".

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108118

Dawgdaze
12-05-2010, 06:48 PM
"

That would be hard for me to be since I am mulit-ethnic moron. Maybe you are the one that is racist if you have a problem mentioning ethnicities? After all you are the one getting upset about color. I love colors. Especially RED and WHITE!

91 lion
10-4. I'll usually steer away from anything that offends. I'll keep my distance on such taboo topics. ; )

Good deal!....and welcome to the board!

As for the subject at hand.....Brownwood is going to kill your weak little team!!!

j/k :D

Carthage has my utmost respect. You guys are the 2-time champs for a reason.....I can't wait for Friday!

Y'alls balance is underrated, and I feel that our toughness is underrated. We plan to punch you guys in the mouth over and over...Can we do it? We will see. But I like our chances:cool:

oldtownag
McCoys out last year!

Shipleys out this year!

oldtownag
12-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Oh, it's still relevant, I believe it's oldtownag who has been thumping the "Hey Brownwood, there's a train coming from the east" thing since the playoffs started.

I doubt I posted that over once so it must have made an impression on you!

Dawgdaze
12-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Good deal!....and welcome to the board!

As for the subject at hand.....Brownwood is going to kill your weak little team!!!
j/k :D

Carthage has my utmost respect. You guys are the 2-time champs for a reason.....I can't wait for Friday!

Y'alls balance is underrated, and I feel that our toughness is underrated. We plan to punch you guys in the mouth over and over...Can we do it? We will see. But I like our chances:cool:

This is going to be a fun game. Can't wait to see yall's stunned faces! Whatever you do, all I ask is don't get up and leave in the fourth quarter after we widen the gap a little. Stay and support your boys!! Those Argyle fans all got up and left when we went up by 3 TD's!

91 lion
12-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Not sure who's talking about a train from Carthage but you missed him. His name is Dwight Smith and he belongs to TCU now. You'll hear more about him next year.......

Guess who is going to be handing him the ball? :cool:

Dawgdaze
12-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Guess who is going to be handing him the ball? :cool:

Who? Yall's current QB?

Rocket
12-05-2010, 07:00 PM
This is going to be a fun game. Can't wait to see yall's stunned faces! Whatever you do, all I ask is don't get up and leave in the fourth quarter after we widen the gap a little. Stay and support your boys!! Those Argyle fans all got up and left when we went up by 3 TD's!

12-3... Good season, Carthage.

91 lion
12-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Who? Yall's current QB?

No...our QB from 2 years ago.....

I can see it now.....Casey Pachall (Pa-Ha)

2012 Big East Player of the year

Dawgdaze
12-05-2010, 07:02 PM

Honest mistake.

Tin Cup
12-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Think 2009 Graham-like defense and 28 points better offense and you're starting to get Brownwood 2010.

We are good boys and girls. Real good

Dawgdaze
12-05-2010, 07:05 PM
No...our QB from 2 years ago.....

I can see it now.....Casey Pachall (Pa-Ha)

2012 Big East Player of the year

Dwight Smith will help him be ALL he can be. But he won't get to throw many passes with Dwight running. He'll be gone!!

Dawgdaze
12-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Think 2009 Graham-like defense and 28 points better offense and you're starting to get Brownwood 2010.

We are good boys and girls. Real good

Think of Carthage the great equalizer. Beatin' Teams and winning rings. You think you are good until our D gets a hold of you. You think you will win because you score but you're still down by 3 TD's everytime you look up!

91 lion
12-05-2010, 07:07 PM
TXB,

In the game(s) that you watched us play? Were you able to get a good evaluation of our RB(s)?

Just wondering, because I could understand if you didn't. I'm asking because I think that our starting RB...and his backup, for that matter are very underrated.

I feel that this game will come down to making some tough yards, and I have A LOT of faith in Ratliff and company.

Its hard to say you're underrated if you're 6' 0" 205lbs and you have 1000 yards and about 20 TDs, but I still feel that he is overlooked.

Your thoughts?

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2010, 07:10 PM
TXB,

In the game(s) that you watched us play? Were you able to get a good evaluation of our RB(s)?

Just wondering, because I could understand if you didn't. I'm asking because I think that our starting RB...and his backup, for that matter are very underrated.

I feel that this game will come down to making some tough yards, and I have A LOT of faith in Ratliff and company.

Its hard to say you're underrated if you're 6' 0" 205lbs and you have 1000 yards and about 20 TDs, but I still feel that he is overlooked.

Your thoughts?

I have said on our show more than once I like Ratliff and think in the system he is in he does not get enough chances to show how good he is

Tin Cup
12-05-2010, 07:11 PM
There is nothing that can be said on this board that will make me believe a team can shut down our offense. If Carthage can, I'll be very upset I missed that defensive performance.

Rocket
12-05-2010, 07:18 PM
The poll results, so far, look like Brownwood - Stephenville. Lol

Rocket
12-05-2010, 07:19 PM
There is nothing that can be said on this board that will make me believe a team can shut down our offense. If Carthage can, I'll be very upset I missed that defensive performance.

Not gonna happen... I laugh out loud at the thought of it.

91 lion
12-05-2010, 07:23 PM
I have said on our show more than once I like Ratliff and think in the system he is in he does not get enough chances to show how good he is

Just started listening to you guys...and yall do a great job, BTW.

I guess I missed your input, but thanks for reiterating.

ILOVETHEGOONS!
12-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by BWDCindie
This isn't coming from just another fan in the stands. This is coming from a fellow student and friend of these players. I've seen and heard what they have to say, and they are well aware of the tasks and challenges they have faced each week.

First, it's funny that I see the boys looking back at the coaches before every play to see what the COACHES want them to do.

Second, since when is having talent disrespectful? We can't help that we "show up" other teams. By you saying that we show them up, you are saying we are good. So you just contradicted yourself with that statement.

Third, you can call our region the weakest, but even then, it takes a good team to average wins over 55 points. Let's not forget our pre-season games which we won.
Who is 14-0 in this match-up?

This post was actually ME, I was borrowing a friend's account while I waited for mine to be activated ;)

where is keith7 now?!

Looking4number8
12-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by ILOVETHEGOONS!
This post was actually ME, I was borrowing a friend's account while I waited for mine to be activated ;)

where is keith7 now?!

Love the name, welcome to the board

db1980
12-05-2010, 07:27 PM
That was my point earlier... We score in 3 mins or less. And kickoff... Defense plays a lot of ball.

They will be on the field for longer periods of time Friday night. Sometimes 7-8 minutes worth of game clock. Carthage doesn't kick many field goals because they are very good on third downs when they do actually have some. This is going to be a great test for both teams. It may come down to whoever makes one mistake offensively.

Rocket
12-05-2010, 07:28 PM

where is keith7 now?!

Keith7 is watching cartoons or feeding his wife. Not sure which one.

Let's do some battle. Goon Squad Represent!

Looking4number8
12-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by db1980
They will be on the field for longer periods of time Friday night. Sometimes 7-8 minutes worth of game clock. Carthage doesn't kick many field goals because they are very good on third downs when they do actually have some. This is going to be a great test for both teams. It may come down to whoever makes one mistake offensively.

No disrespect to your team but that is what the Monahans guys said last week... ask them how that worked our for them...and yes, Monahans was very good.

gonktacular
12-05-2010, 07:30 PM

Yeah that wasn't the band. Band was obviously off the field and gone because Snyder's band was on the field. That was the football team and it was caused by a bad timekeeper AND Coach Shipley apologized for it.

Do you actually READ the things you link?

Daddy D 11
12-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
No disrespect to your team but that is what the Monahans guys said last week... ask them how that worked our for them...and yes, Monahans was very good.

Very good? As in back to back state titles? I don't think so. Different animal y'all are dealing with now...

Rocket
12-05-2010, 07:31 PM

And it takes Brownwood 1:30 to score. Not really worried about the clock eating theory. We have heard it all season long...

Rocket
12-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Very good? As in back to back state titles? I don't think so. Different animal y'all are dealing with now...

And Brownwood is the meanest animal in the state, your point?

Bullaholic
12-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Another name for this thread could be--"Smoaky Goes West".
And I'm glad as long as things don't get out of hand personally. As far as the outrageous smack exchanges within board rules--

:1popcorn:

oldtownag
12-05-2010, 07:34 PM
And it takes Brownwood 1:30 to score. Not really worried about the clock eating theory. We have heard it all season long...

It wan't take us long to intercept your passes.

Our fast tall Safety vs. Your fast tall WR. Should be a good matchup.

Rocket
12-05-2010, 07:34 PM
The 21 Point Black Hole of Death has no favorites. The bigger and faster you are, the faster you fall into it.

ILOVETHEGOONS!
12-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Love the name, welcome to the board

Keith7 is watching cartoons or feeding his wife. Not sure which one.

Let's do some battle. Goon Squad Represent!

thanks for the warm welcome!

oldtownag
12-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Another name for this thread could be--"Smoaky Goes West".
And I'm glad as long as things don't get out of hand personally---as far as the outrageous smack exchanges within board rules--

:1popcorn:

A better name would be Rocket continues to run his mouth.
However, this should be the last week (for the year).

Daddy D 11
And Brownwood is the meanest animal in the state, your point?

My point is what I just clearly stated above. Monahans sucks, no matter how much you want to play them up you guys know that deep down. Carthage has won back to back titles and might have won in 2007 if they wouldn't have lost to LH. Carthage knows how to win, they've played and beaten the best in december each of the past 2 seasons. To compare them to anyone y'all have played is retarded, you guys are a phenomenal team but y'all have played absolute cupcakes all year. There is no shame in saying "We are a really good football team and I love our chances against Carthage even though we have played weak ass teams all year."

Rocket
Originally posted by oldtownag

LOL 26 points a game? You are losing your dang mind. Your secondary will be looking brand new. Which way did he go?

91 lion

So, what are you guys going to do with our other tall fast WRs?

oldtownag
12-05-2010, 07:38 PM
So, what are you guys going to do with our other tall fast WRs?

For the most part they will be watching us score.

ILOVETHEGOONS!

as a matter of fact, we've met up with plenty of "dawgs" this season and beat each one of them.:rolleyes:

91 lion
My point is what I just clearly stated above. Monahans sucks, no matter how much you want to play them up you guys know that deep down.

....what I feel deep down is that Monahans would wipe the floor with your team.

NO DOUBT in my mind.

GOONSQUADFOREVA
12-05-2010, 07:39 PM

where is keith7 now?!

Yeah as another fellow student i dont appreciate all these haters coming up here trying to say our boys are this and that. They are a brotherhood that cant be broken.. talk mess but DONT direct it at the boys direct it at other posters. No one can determine the outcome of the game until its over. Stats, rankings, and opinions mean nothing. Its about the heart of both teams.

Daddy D 11
....what I feel deep down is that Monahans would wipe the floor with your team.

NO DOUBT in my mind.

And that is relevant to this conversation how?

91 lion
For the most part they will be watching us score.

.....didn't exactly answer the question there:confused: :thinking:

Daddy D 11
12-05-2010, 07:40 PM
as a matter of fact, we've met up with plenty of "dawgs" this season and beat each one of them.:rolleyes:

As a matter of fact, none of those "dawgs" have won back to back state championships.

Rocket
12-05-2010, 07:40 PM
My point is what I just clearly stated above. Monahans sucks, no matter how much you want to play them up you guys know that deep down. Carthage has won back to back titles and might have won in 2007 if they wouldn't have lost to LH. Carthage knows how to win, they've played and beaten the best in december each of the past 2 seasons. To compare them to anyone y'all have played is retarded, you guys are a phenomenal team but y'all have played absolute cupcakes all year. There is no shame in saying "We are a really good football team and I love our chances against Carthage even though we have played weak ass teams all year."

We beat the snot out of cupcakes all season. Not sure what else we could have done. We tried to schedule good teams like LH, but they are horrible now. CS is usually ok. Sville had most of their team back from last year's run... On and on... did y'all beat Top 10 teams all season in 06 and 07? Lol

Why don't you jump on the winning team's bandwagon? This is 2010.

oldtownag
12-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by GOONSQUADFOREVA
Yeah as another fellow student i dont appreciate all these haters coming up here trying to say our boys are this and that. They are a brotherhood that cant be broken.. talk mess but DONT direct it at the boys direct it at other posters. No one can determine the outcome of the game until its over. Stats, rankings, and opinions mean nothing. Its about the heart of both teams.

Who are Goons and why are all Brownwood students in Austin?

oldtownag
12-05-2010, 07:43 PM
.....didn't exactly answer the question there:confused: :thinking:

I guess we are just like Brown Wood. We only have 1 player on the team.

Not!

Our guys should be able to stop your guys a couple of times.

Rocket

It means y'all are sub cupcake... Lol

GOONSQUADFOREVA
Who are Goons and why are all Brownwood students in Austin?

Thats what we call our team.. and who cares about my information..

ILOVETHEGOONS!
12-05-2010, 07:44 PM
As a matter of fact, none of those "dawgs" have won back to back state championships.

oh, we are talking about past years now?
my bad, i thought we were worried about this year....you know 2010?

Rocket
12-05-2010, 07:45 PM
I guess we are just like Brown Wood. We only have 1 player on the team.

Not!

Our guys should be able to stop your guys a couple of times.

And Brownwood will do the same... I see your defense being done at halftime. Just like all the rest.. Speed gets tired faster than steady...

Daddy D 11
We beat the snot out of cupcakes all season. Not sure what else we could have done. We tried to schedule good teams like LH, but they are horrible now. CS is usually ok. Sville had most of their team back from last year's run... On and on... did y'all beat Top 10 teams all season in 06 and 07? Lol

Why don't you jump on the winning team's bandwagon? This is 2010.

Never blamed you guys and said you are worse for it. And never said you didn't beat the weak teams handedly. I just asked that you not try and play up all your opponents as if they're good or something. And actually, we did. But all of that is besides the point. Once again, 91 Lion proves us all right again... if you say something that isn't just on your knees bowing down to brownwood... you get blasted for where you are from and how good or bad your team happens to be. You guys throw around ignorance alot, but I really cannot think of a better example of ignorance than that.

oldtownag
Originally posted by GOONSQUADFOREVA
Thats what we call our team.. and who cares about my information..

Just seems funny that 2 Brownwood students both list Austin as their "location".

91 lion

Its relavant in that Monahans IS a very good team...and you saying that they "suck" is very inaccurate....by trying to diminish their team....you are trying to diminish the lions accomplishments.

.....so, me pointing out that, in fact, they are not only good, but would wipe up the floor with your team keeps it real.

thats why its relavant:cool:

Daddy D 11
12-05-2010, 07:46 PM
oh, we are talking about past years now?
my bad, i thought we were worried about this year....you know 2010?

Considering there are multiple kids on both sides of the ball this year for Carthage that are sitting at home right now wearing state rings right now, I would say it is very relevant. If they won their titles 4 years ago like we did, not so much.

Are you really trying to downplay state titles that were won last year and the year before?

GOONSQUADFOREVA
12-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Just seems funny that 2 Brownwood students both list Austin as their "location".

Yeah it was actually an accident, i thought it was blocked so i just wrote a random town..

Daddy D 11
12-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Its relavant in that Monahans IS a very good team...and you saying that they "suck" is very inaccurate....by trying to diminish their team....you are trying to diminish the lions accomplishments.

.....so, me pointing out that, in fact, they are not only good, but would wipe up the floor with your team keeps it real.

How good or bad LH is has ZERO RELEVANCE to how good or bad Monahans is.

ILOVETHEGOONS!
12-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Considering there are multiple kids on both sides of the ball that are sitting at home wearing state rings right now, I would say it is very relevant. If they won their titles 4 years ago like we did, not so much.

Are you really trying to downplay state titles that were won last year and the year before?

OH OKAY! so you are telling me that ALL the starters from the state winning teams from last year AND the year before are back to play against Brownwood on Friday?

Rocket
12-05-2010, 07:50 PM

Agreed. Brownwood's SYSTEM applies to all teams. Just plug in whoever you like as the opponent.

I see your point Daddy D, but for us to say yeah you are right, we haven't been tested yet is inaccurate. I'm sure y'all had the naysayers back in LH's 15 minutes...

cowboyandchrist
12-05-2010, 07:50 PM
LOL 26 points a game? You are losing your dang mind. Your secondary will be looking brand new. Which way did he go?
Good evening Rocket, I told you a month ago this would be a great game if they both made it. Your prediction of a blow out or anyone else that predicts a blow out from either team is just plain blowing smoke. This will be a great game to watch. The speed from the East going against the number one team in Texas 3A. I will be pulling for Carthage because I am an East Texas boy and I played for the Dogs in the seventies. If Brownood wins, I will pull for them to win it all. I hope both teams play flawless ball and the winner just plain beats the other. I believe both teams have strenghts and weaknesses and it will depend on which team can adjust the quickest. I can't wait to see this game. Good luck to both and God bless both towns, players, and fans.

Daddy D 11
12-05-2010, 07:51 PM
OH OKAY! so you are telling me that ALL the starters from the state winning teams from last year AND the year before are back to play against Brownwood on Friday?

You can't read can you????? You quoted what I posted... I suggest you go back and actually read where I said there are "multiple".... you know, "multiple".... as in multiple kids, not all, but MULTIPLE.

That is more than Brownwood has on their team.

oldtownag
12-05-2010, 07:52 PM

Carthage has 3 starters from the 2008 & 2009 state championship teams on the 2010 team.

Rocket
12-05-2010, 07:52 PM

How bad they are. Not how good at all.

Monahans has no relevance to Carthage at all. New week. New opponent. New game. All we know is Monahans was 13-0 and we dominated them. How is that relevant to Carthage?

oldtownag
12-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
Good evening Rocket, I told you a month ago this would be a great game if they both made it. Your prediction of a blow out or anyone else that predicts a blow out from either team is just plain blowing smoke. This will be a great game to watch. The speed from the East going against the number one team in Texas 3A. I will be pulling for Carthage because I am an East Texas boy and I played for the Dogs in the seventies. If Brownood wins, I will pull for them to win it all. I hope both teams play flawless ball and the winner just plain beats the other. I believe both teams have strenghts and weaknesses and it will depend on which team can adjust the quickest. I can't wait to see this game. Good luck to both and God bless both towns, players, and fans.

Did you play with Yourest Deramus? I know I misspelled that name.

Rocket
12-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Carthage has 3 starters from the 2008 & 2009 state championship teams on the 2010 team.

That's neat. Jaxon Shipley is better than all 3 of them put together. ;)

ILOVETHEGOONS!
12-05-2010, 07:56 PM
You can't read can you????? You quoted what I posted... I suggest you go back and actually read where I said there are "multiple".... you know, "multiple".... as in multiple kids, not all, but MULTIPLE.

That is more than Brownwood has on their team.

yes, I can read, thanks for your concern....don't worry about overnighting hooked on phonix for me. ANYWAY.

so how many is multiple? you know "multiple" yeah MULTIPLE!
how many returning starters from those two teams do you have for Friday?

Daddy D 11
12-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Agreed. Brownwood's SYSTEM applies to all teams. Just plug in whoever you like as the opponent.

I see your point Daddy D, but for us to say yeah you are right, we haven't been tested yet is inaccurate. I'm sure y'all had the naysayers back in LH's 15 minutes...

If our success was 15 minutes, yours has only been 4.... HAHA.

I never said you haven't been tested, even though yall have not lol yall are a superior team in a weaker region.. thus, you get the badass results yall have gotten. Yall in no way whatsoever are an average team that looks elite because of a weak schedule... you guys are legitimately elite. But, because of that, you should not have to resort to fluffing up yalls opponents as if they're good.. when they are not and you guys know it (I know you know they all suck rocket, lol).

And if you Brownwood guys don't think that having kids on both sides of the ball that have already won two titles isn't important and doesn't weigh a considerable amount... it's because you don't have those rings on your side. If you knew what it took to win a title, and then win another, and then be deep again the next year.. (which LH knows about)... you would know that those rings are invaluable as far as confidence and preparation goes. The boys from Carthage might not be better than you (that will be decided shortly), but you can bet your bottom dollar they're a step above any other team left in the 3A playoffs when it comes to know how and execution of a system that's got them to the top in back to back years. Stuff like that goes a long way.

Daddy D 11
12-05-2010, 07:57 PM
How bad they are. Not how good at all.

Monahans has no relevance to Carthage at all. New week. New opponent. New game. All we know is Monahans was 13-0 and we dominated them. How is that relevant to Carthage?

Looking tried to make it relevant, that is when I stepped in.

oldtownag
12-05-2010, 07:57 PM

You keep talking about the Brown Wood "SYSTEM". Well this is what the Carthage "SYSTEM" has produced:

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k527/oldtownag/Rings.jpg

Rocket
12-05-2010, 08:00 PM
We understand how success breeds success. How well did it carry over for the 2009 Panthers?

Anyway, of course it will be a different test and a harder test. Brownwood understands that. But one thing that is harder than winning one, is two in a row, and it's even harder to win 3. Right? ;)

lulu
12-05-2010, 08:00 PM
You keep talking about the Brown Wood "SYSTEM". Well this is what the Carthage "SYSTEM" has produced:

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k527/oldtownag/Rings.jpg Brownwood don't know what those are:D They haven't seen one lately:D

Bullaholic
12-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Looking tried to make it relevant, that is when I stepped in.

We all know what you "stepped in", Daddy D---same thing you "typed" in.....:D

lulu
12-05-2010, 08:02 PM
you guys have fun,,,i'm out for the night.

ILOVETHEGOONS!
Originally posted by lulu
Brownwood don't know what those are:D They haven't seen one lately:D

you're right we don't know what those are...a red C?
how about a MAROON B :)

91 lion
......Once again, 91 Lion proves us all right again... if you say something that isn't just on your knees bowing down to brownwood... you get blasted for where you are from and how good or bad your team happens to be. You guys throw around ignorance alot, but I really cannot think of a better example of ignorance than that.

When someone says that Brownwood is "not all that"...etc, I could care less. My track record shows that I'm more than willing to talk smack, but I have a very logical and even-keel approach about it.

I got on your case because you said that Monahans "sucks"....I let you know my opinion that not only that they do not suck, they would wipe the floor with your team........how is that "blast" any different than yours.

.....and another thing, I usually respond to posters like you that bash brownwood just to bash them....we call them haters....your team is playing basketball and you just cant let it go........if you were from the team we were playing, then I would be having good fun with you during game week, like I am with Oldtown and Dawg this week......but you're more like Keith7 and BlackAttack....just hatin' to be hatin'.

How many times have you seen Monahans play this year?....thats what I though.

They were 13-0 before they met another 13-0 team....and you say they "suck".........so who's really being ignorant here?

Daddy D 11
It's easier to win three in a row when you (Carthage) match up very well against your state semifinal opponent (Brownwood).

:D :D :D :D :D

It's been fun playing with you imbeciles for the past 30 minutes during my study break, but I must run along now. Knowledge awaits.... Probably jump back on later tonight.

oldtownag
By lulu. I am about to go watch the BCS selection show myself.

91 lion
12-05-2010, 08:04 PM

True, it doesn't. I just added that FACT for effect.:hand:

wimbo_pro
12-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Brownwood don't know what those are:D They haven't seen one lately:D

ouch.

Daddy D 11
When someone says that Brownwood is "not all that"...etc, I could care less. My track record shows that I'm more than willing to talk smack, but I have a very logical and even-keel approach about it.

I got on your case because you said that Monahans "sucks"....I let you know my opinion that not only that they do not suck, they would wipe the floor with your team........how is that "blast" any different than yours.

.....and another thing, I usually respond to posters like you that bash brownwood just to bash them....we call them haters....your team is playing basketball and you just cant let it go........if you were from the team we were playing, then I would be having good fun with you during game week, like I am with Oldtown and Dawg this week......but you're more like Keith7 and BlackAttack....just hatin' to be hatin'.

How many times have you seen Monahans play this year?....thats what I though.

They were 13-0 before they met another 13-0 team....and you say they "suck".........so who's really being ignorant here?

You are being ignorant for not knowing where I stand in the scheme of things. Rocket will straighten you out if you ask him. And trust me, I'm not hating at all. If anything I'm trying to cool both sides down. You act like I should be jealous of Brownwoods accomplishments though, lol. LH won 39 games in a row from 2006-2008 and won two fat shinny rings in the process. So anything Brownwood accomplishes this year is barely half of what we did just a few short years ago. I have rooted for Brownwood all year and will continue to do so, but I won't sit back and let you guys thump your chests about beating Monahans when they freaking suck. But.... I HAVE ALREADY STATED WHAT I THINK ABOUT ALL OF THAT IN ABOVE MENTIONED POSTS.

91 lion
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
Good evening Rocket, I told you a month ago this would be a great game if they both made it. Your prediction of a blow out or anyone else that predicts a blow out from either team is just plain blowing smoke. This will be a great game to watch. The speed from the East going against the number one team in Texas 3A. I will be pulling for Carthage because I am an East Texas boy and I played for the Dogs in the seventies. If Brownood wins, I will pull for them to win it all. I hope both teams play flawless ball and the winner just plain beats the other. I believe both teams have strenghts and weaknesses and it will depend on which team can adjust the quickest. I can't wait to see this game. Good luck to both and God bless both towns, players, and fans. :clap: :clap:

ILOVETHEGOONS!
12-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
ouch.

like I said earlier, Red C? NO!

Daddy D 11
12-05-2010, 08:07 PM
True, it doesn't. I just added that FACT for effect.:hand:

But you said it is relevant???? I'm confused, can you please make your mind up?

ILOVETHEGOONS!
12-05-2010, 08:12 PM
hey Daddy D!
i missed your reply...but oldtownnag helped me out...3 starters...doesn't it take 11 to fill the field?:rolleyes:

db1980
12-05-2010, 08:13 PM

No disrespect to your team either, but Carthage ain't Monahans either.

oldtownag
12-05-2010, 08:16 PM
hey Daddy D!
i missed your reply...but oldtownnag helped me out...3 starters...doesn't it take 11 to fill the field?:rolleyes:

That was not the total number of starters from last season. Just the number that started on the last 2 championship teams.

P.S. One is only a JR this year.

ILOVETHEGOONS!
12-05-2010, 08:18 PM
That was not the total number of starters from last season. Just the number that started on the last 2 championship teams.

P.S. One is only a JR this year.

oh yes, well Daddy D keeps talking about the past two years..so 3 is the number I was looking for! thanks for helping out! :)

91 lion
12-05-2010, 08:20 PM
But you said it is relevant???? I'm confused, can you please make your mind up?

Relevant part=Monahans is in fact a good team....they dont suck
for "effect"=Monahans would wipe up the floor with your team.

Get it now.

.....and as you go, I have a good idea about your track record and your support for the lions....i really do.....remember, I know Rocket really well.

You stated your opinion, then I stated mine....I would have let it go at that, but then you started thowing the ignorant word around ...and my name came out of your mouth.

Im good with you....you seem like good peeps....but you should be expected to be challenged on your claims...just like you challenge others on theirs.

...and I don't need a history lesson about LH and how good they were last decade :D

Rocket
12-05-2010, 08:25 PM
How about the fact that Chapel Hill thumped Carthage like a snot nosed brat. LOL Didnt just beat them, made them look silly. No free passes... Your 12-2 and giving up 26... Brownwood beat all their cupcakes and Carthage got destroyed by a good team. :thinking:

Inmateboss
12-05-2010, 08:33 PM

:clap: :clap: :iagree:

Daddy D 11
hey Daddy D!

It does. But of those 11, Carthage has 3 with rings. And like I have already stated, that is 3 more than any kid on your side has. That goes a long way, specially when most every kid on the field for Carthage has had 16 weeks of practice each of the past 2 seasons and has been on the field for all the playoff victories. Things like that go an awfully long ways. Mix that with the great talent they have and you've got a winner.

wimbo_pro
Again I say...the stats dont look good for Carthage. But of course, there is always the intangibles. But if given a choice, I would take the stat advantage over the intangibles any day. I say the Lions win this one going away.

Keith7
12-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Again I say...the stats dont look good for Carthage. But of course, there is always the intangibles. But if given a choice, I would take the stat advantage over the intangibles any day. I say the Lions win this one going away.

what stats are you looking at? :doh:

ccmom
12-05-2010, 08:38 PM
It does. But of those 11, Carthage has 3 with rings. And like I have already stated, that is 3 more than any kid on your side has. That goes a long way, specially when most every kid on the field for Carthage has had 16 weeks of practice each of the past 2 seasons and has been on the field for all the playoff victories. Things like that go an awfully long ways. Mix that with the great talent they have and you've got a winner. Do you realize you are arguing with a kid? LOL. Go study! :D

Daddy D 11
12-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Relevant part=Monahans is in fact a good team....they dont suck
for "effect"=Monahans would wipe up the floor with your team.

Get it now.

.....and as you go, I have a good idea about your track record and your support for the lions....i really do.....remember, I know Rocket really well.

You stated your opinion, then I stated mine....I would have let it go at that, but then you started thowing the ignorant word around ...and my name came out of your mouth.

Im good with you....you seem like good peeps....but you should be expected to be challenged on your claims...just like you challenge others on theirs.

...and I don't need a history lesson about LH and how good they were last decade :D

WE COOL:p

Daddy D 11
12-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Do you realize you are arguing with a kid? LOL. Go study! :D

lol i looked over my review that i just finished and i know it really well... plus i have all As so i figure i can play a little tonight

rest of the week i prolly wont be on

wimbo_pro
12-05-2010, 08:41 PM
what stats are you looking at? :doh:

In particluar, points allowed...defense. Brownwood <bows head> is an overwhelmingly superior offensive juggernaut. A team that allows close to 26 points a game (statistically) is in trouble.

Keith7
12-05-2010, 08:42 PM
How about the fact that Chapel Hill thumped Carthage like a snot nosed brat. LOL Didnt just beat them, made them look silly. No free passes... Your 12-2 and giving up 26... Brownwood beat all their cupcakes and Carthage got destroyed by a good team. :thinking:

Carthage played Chapel Hill without its top 2 defensive players. Give me a break.

The Brown Woodies haven't played anybody. Like I said yesterday, have the woodies play Carthage's schedule and they would be 9-5.

Face it rocker, the kitty cats are cruisin for a bruisin and the Bulldogs have the paddle. Don't bother callin PETA either, they condone this beatdown.

Dub-C
12-05-2010, 08:43 PM

Chapel Hill is For real big time. I haven't seem either BW or Carthage play but I seem Chapel Hill beat WC in the same fashion. With that being said and BW is good as I think they are.

BW 35
Carthage 14

Keith7
12-05-2010, 08:44 PM
In particluar, points allowed...defense. Brownwood <bows head> is an overwhelmingly superior offensive juggernaut. A team that allows close to 26 points a game (statistically) is in trouble.

So you're telling me a classless team like Brownwood who leave their starters in throughout blow outs get the nod because they run up the score? Give me a break Carthage doesn't run up the score or they would have better stats then them.

We will all see Friday who is the most overrated team in 3A history.

wimbo_pro
12-05-2010, 08:47 PM
So you're telling me a classless team like Brownwood who leave their starters in throughout blow outs get the nod because they run up the score? Give me a break Carthage doesn't run up the score or they would have better stats then them.

First, Brownwood <bows head> can be called many things...but classless is not one of them. Secondly, they dont leave their starters in...except for the well deserved retribution on IP. And thirdly....running up the score isnt what I was refering to...I was saying points allowed. Statistically....the Lions are superior.

ccmom
12-05-2010, 08:48 PM

We will all see Friday who is the most overrated team in 3A history. Other than the IP game, when has Brownwood left the starters in?

Rocket
12-05-2010, 08:49 PM

We surely shall...

Rocket
12-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Other than the IP game, when has Brownwood left the starters in?

Don't you realize you are arguing with a kid! Keith, Age 7!

db1980
12-05-2010, 08:50 PM
First, Brownwood <bows head> can be called many things...but classless is not one of them. Secondly, they dont leave their starters in...except for the well deserved retribution on IP. And thirdly....running up the score isnt what I was refering to...I was saying points allowed. Statistically....the Lions are superior.

We all know that stats are for losers. Comparing schedules isn't going to help either. The only way to settle it is coming. I will be there to watch it as well.

Rocket
12-05-2010, 08:51 PM

I think I'm falling for you...:inlove:

bobcat1
We understand how success breeds success. How well did it carry over for the 2009 Panthers?

Anyway, of course it will be a different test and a harder test. Brownwood understands that. But one thing that is harder than winning one, is two in a row, and it's even harder to win 3. Right? ;) Guess what is even harder than that? Winning 4 in a row.:D Also getting to 8. :taunt:

Rocket
We all know that stats are for losers. Comparing schedules isn't going to help either. The only way to settle it is coming. I will be there to watch it as well.

Yup. And Carthage has 2 Losses.

Keith7
12-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Other than the IP game, when has Brownwood left the starters in?

every game they played.

Look its obvious the woodies haven't been challenged this season and we all know its because of their weak schedule. It will be interesting to see what they do when they get down big to Carthage.. My guess is that they tuck their tail between their legs and run for the hills.

Rocket
Originally posted by bobcat1
Guess waht is even harder than that? Winning 4 in a row.:D Also getting to 8. :taunt:

Not in 2A... LOL

GR Tiger_14
We don't have to recruit. We raise them up...

Well Longoria was Glen Rose raised!!! Me and him played soccer together when we were young lads. :D

oldtownag
12-05-2010, 08:53 PM

Stats lie.

Carthage played the #1 Strength of Schedule in 3A. I would expect any team that played tougher competition would give up more points.

GOONSQUADFOREVA

Exactly.. many of our preseason and district games could have been blow outs, but bob shipley being the classy man he is, would take out starters and replace them with second and third string most of the time by the beginning of the third quarter.

Keith7
Originally posted by GR Tiger_14
Well Longoria was Glen Rose raised!!! Me and him played soccer together when we were young lads. :D

http://www.woosk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/bro.jpg

wimbo_pro

Nice saying, kinda cute....but if you remove the "my team is better than your team" rhetoric...you have nothing but statistics. And since I am on the outside and have not seen either team in person, I must use stats as my guide. You can use emotion, your choice. I will use stats.

91 lion
12-05-2010, 08:54 PM

Another stellar and well-thought-out synopsis by Keith7..........The Gainesville legend

Rocket
12-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Carthage played Chapel Hill without its top 2 defensive players. Give me a break.

The Brown Woodies haven't played anybody. Like I said yesterday, have the woodies play Carthage's schedule and they would be 9-5.

Face it rocker, the kitty cats are cruisin for a bruisin and the Bulldogs have the paddle. Don't bother callin PETA either, they condone this beatdown.

Carthage will lose a defender when they attempt to cover up Shipley. Then it's 10 on 9... Lol you are so remedial that you couldn't pass gas.

bwdlionfan
12-05-2010, 08:55 PM
every game they played.

Look its obvious the woodies haven't been challenged this season and we all know its because of their week schedule. It will be interesting to see what they do when they get down big to Carthage.. My guess is that they tuck their tail between their legs and run for the hills.

You're a fool.

The starters have come out after the first drive of the third quarter in the following games. Not to mention, when the second team comes in we routinely run zone read almost every play to milk the clock.

Gatesville
Graham
Llano
China Spring
All Saints
Big Spring
Sweetwater
Wylie

db1980
12-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Yup. And Carthage has 2 Losses.

They'll still have 2 next week.

wimbo_pro
12-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Stats lie.

Carthage played the #1 Strength of Schedule in 3A. I would expect any team that played tougher competition would give up more points.

Excellent point Oldtownag. But stats dont lie...the intreprator might lie, but not the stats.

Rocket
12-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Stats lie.

And now you are playing the UNDISPUTED #1. Bring it...

wimbo_pro
12-05-2010, 08:57 PM
I think I'm falling for you...:inlove:

I had you at Shut Up.

bobcat1
Not in 2A... LOL pffft! A's don't matter. I forgot 68 in a row is unbeatable in Texas too. Better stock up on antidepressants in case the unthinkable happens.;)

db1980
Nice saying, kinda cute....but if you remove the "my team is better than your team" rhetoric...you have nothing but statistics. And since I am on the outside and have not seen either team in person, I must use stats as my guide. You can use emotion, your choice. I will use stats.

Okay.

91 lion
12-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Don't you realize you are arguing with a kid! Keith, Age 7!

no Rocket......his full name is actually

"Keith" I wish my team had "7" state championships like the Mighty Brownwood Lions

That was a little too long for the login, so he changed it to Keith7

Rocket
12-05-2010, 08:58 PM
They'll still have 2 next week.

And 1 to add...

91 lion
12-05-2010, 08:59 PM
We all know that stats are for losers. Comparing schedules isn't going to help either. The only way to settle it is coming. I will be there to watch it as well. amen

Rocket
12-05-2010, 08:59 PM
no Rocket......his full name is actually

"Keith" I wish my team had "7" state championships like the Mighty Brownwood Lions

That was a little too long for the login, so he changed it to Keith7

Nice... Lol

Rocket
12-05-2010, 09:00 PM
I had you at Shut Up.

HAHA... awesome

db1980
12-05-2010, 09:00 PM
And 1 to add... 14-1 isn't bad Rocket.

Rocket
12-05-2010, 09:01 PM
every game they played.

Look its obvious the woodies haven't been challenged this season and we all know its because of their week schedule. It will be interesting to see what they do when they get down big to Carthage.. My guess is that they tuck their tail between their legs and run for the hills.

The more you post, the more inaccurate you are. RM, can I please use the graphic on this clown? PLEASE!!!!

91 lion
12-05-2010, 09:02 PM
amen to that too!

Rocket
12-05-2010, 09:03 PM
14-1 isn't bad Rocket.

Nope it sure isn't... That would be a good season for Carthage if they hadn't got beat by decent teams back to back. Lol

db1980
12-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Nope it sure isn't... That would be a good season for Carthage if they hadn't got beat by decent teams back to back. Lol

Are you and Dawgdaze kin? Sure sounds like you are...

bobcat1
12-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Are you and Dawgdaze kin? Sure sounds like you are... Lol! Sounds like a husband and wife to me. I just wonder who's pitchin and who's catchin?

skins4life
12-05-2010, 09:08 PM
The more you post, the more inaccurate you are. RM, can I please use the graphic on this clown? PLEASE!!!!

Do it , I'll back you up. ;)

skins4life
12-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Lol! Sounds like a husband and wife to me. I just wonder who's pitchin and who's catchin?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

bobcat1
12-05-2010, 09:10 PM

Originally posted by skins4life
Do it , I'll back you up. ;) I'm sure she doesn't mind. Go Ahead.:p

skins4life
12-05-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm sure she doesn't mind. Go Ahead.:p

That's what I was thinking too!!! Yeah, go ahead and do it Rockee. :devil: :devil:

Rocket
12-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Are you and Dawgdaze kin? Sure sounds like you are...

Rocket
12-05-2010, 09:15 PM

You ain't got no pull... Lol

BWDCindie
12-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Keith7 and all you Brownwood Haters!

Carthage just a dog- tryin' to get a bone
talkin lots a smack, but Lions will send you home
talk all you want- players make it happen
Come Friday night- we're gonna do some b*t$# slappin!

Deuces! Goon Squad 4EVA!!!!!!

This is OUR YEAR!
See ya FRIDAY!

Tin Cup
12-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Ok here is what I came up with as the answer to my own question regarding Brownwood's Defense.

Gatesville: 29 PPG (11 games)
Against Brownwood: 19

Graham: 25 PPG (11 games)
Against Brownwood: 7

Stephenville: 31 PPG (10 games)
Against Brownwood: 16

Llano: 27 PPG (10 games)
Against Brownwood: 14

China Spring: 25 PPG(10 games)

All Saints: No Data

Big Spring: 25 PPG (10 games)
Against Brownwood: 21

Snyder: 48 PPG (10 games)
Against Brownwood: 20

Sweetwater: 17 PPG (10 games)
Against Brownwood: 6

Wylie: 22 PPG (10 games)
Against Brownwood: 7

Iowa Park: 28 PPG (11 games)
Against Brownwood: 24

Bridgeport: 40 PPG (10 games)
Against Brownwood: 31

Borger: 19 PPG (9 games)
Against Brownwood: 6

Monahans: 40 PPG (10 games)

Just numbers for whatever they are worth. If anyone wants to object, or correct anything posted please feel free. I'm not great with numbers, that's why I'm a Golf Pro

:D

Keith7
12-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by BWDCindie
Keith7 and all you Brownwood Haters!

Carthage just a dog- tryin' to get a bone
talkin lots a smack, but Lions will send you home
talk all you want- players make it happen
Come Friday night- we're gonna do some b*t$# slappin!

Deuces! Goon Squad 4EVA!!!!!!

This is OUR YEAR!
See ya FRIDAY!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/dominiquerave/DudeThatsGay.jpg

Rocket
12-05-2010, 09:20 PM

You would know...

skins4life
12-05-2010, 09:34 PM
You ain't got no pull... Lol

Bet she likes me better than you!!:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

91 lion
12-05-2010, 09:39 PM
WE COOL:p

Good deal.....The one ignorant thing that I did post was that you were like Keith7.

Let me clarify......You are nothing like Keith7, as a matter of fact, im not even sure if keith is from this planet. I do know this.....Gainesville is closer to Oklahoma than it is to, well......as it is to anything else.

Please accept my apologies, because NO ONE deseves that comparison!

......well, except for maybe BlackAttack:D

Inmateboss
12-05-2010, 09:40 PM

:iagree: come on RM, Please!!

Rocket
12-05-2010, 09:44 PM

Get your warning yet? Lol

Keith7
12-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Get your warning yet? Lol

nope it will come though..

You gotta remember this aint my first rodeo

<- check my stats

LoboesWT
12-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Stats.....you brought Stats into this.....you Jackwagon!!!

Chillfan
12-05-2010, 10:03 PM

and if Chill would have their stud 6'3" noseguard and lightning fast corner during the Whitehouse game it would have been a different outcome. YEAH RIGHT!!!!!

Come on guys, CHill held their STARTING OFFENSE to 14 points. Held their STUD RB to 48 yds. Nothing you can say can convince me that if the LB and Safety played, Carthage would have one.

THE SCORE WAS 46-14. The two players would have not made a 32 point diff.

Both teams have improved since then and the outcome would be the same now IMO.

Back to topic:

Brownwood has not seen a team like Carthage. Brownwood has not played the same level of competition. Carthage is battle tested.

Brownwood will score some points but Carthages D will slow them down. I understand BW's defense might be the weak link. Just hearsay. If this is the case, we could have a shootout because Carthage is explosive.

Lets go Carthage!!! I believe the winner of this game will be the Div II Champs.

Daddy D 11
12-05-2010, 10:05 PM
nope it will come though..

You gotta remember this aint my first rodeo

<- check my stats

"I aint dropped in three years, but im back"

You know what song?

Tin Cup
12-05-2010, 10:07 PM
So by this you are saying you like Carthage to win? And that by default, TCH is 30+ points better than bwd?

LoboesWT
12-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Brownwood's Defense is under-rated, they have good speed and are quick to the ball. Bend don't break mentality and wait for oppurtunities for turnovers. IMO after watching them play!

ccmom
12-05-2010, 10:10 PM
"I aint dropped in three years, but im back"

...where the money at?:D

"I Run"...:cool:

Betcha didn't expect that, did ya?? :D

oldtownag
12-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Chillfan
and if Chill would have their stud 6'3" noseguard and lightning fast corner during the Whitehouse game it would have been a different outcome. YEAH RIGHT!!!!!

Come on guys, CHill held their STARTING OFFENSE to 14 points. Held their STUD RB to 48 yds. Nothing you can say can convince me that if the LB and Safety played, Carthage would have one.

THE SCORE WAS 46-14. The two players would have not made a 32 point diff.

Both teams have improved since then and the outcome would be the same now IMO.

Back to topic:

Brownwood has not seen a team like Carthage. Brownwood has not played the same level of competition. Carthage is battle tested.

Brownwood will score some points but Carthages D will slow them down. I understand BW's defense might be the weak link. Just hearsay. If this is the case, we could have a shootout because Carthage is explosive.

Lets go Carthage!!! I believe the winner of this game will be the Div II Champs.

Carthage got beat soundly by CH. A second meeting would be closer because:

1. Our best 2 defensive players were out.
2. Carthage underestimated CH.
3. Carthage has gotten much better.

I am glad you guys are in Div 1 so we don't have to worry about this.

P.S. You better concentrate on Henderson because they will not be a push over.

oldtownag
dp

oldtownag
tp

LoboesWT
12-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Driving that point home?

wimbo_pro
12-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Ok here is what I came up with as the answer to my own question regarding Brownwood's Defense.
Just numbers for whatever they are worth. If anyone wants to object, or correct anything posted please feel free. I'm not great with numbers, that's why I'm a Golf Pro

:D

Great work Tin Cup. Please remember when I used stats to come to the conclusion of the Lions defense to be "average"....remember that was in comparison to State Championship Teams. Even our Code Red defense of '05...somewouldsay one of the best defenses in many years...was right at this average.

But these numbers ARE telling. Just as the turn overs that the Lions have created, all needs to be taken into account. But I still say what I started out with...if there is a chink in the armor of the Lion Juggernaut...its their defense.

bwdaggie
12-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
Stats.....you brought Stats into this.....you Jackwagon!!!

LOL!! :fnypost:

oldtownag
12-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Driving that point home?

Padding the post count.

skins4life
12-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Padding the post count.

me too.:D :D :D

Old LB
12-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Great work Tin Cup. Please remember when I used stats to come to the conclusion of the Lions defense to be "average"....remember that was in comparison to State Championship Teams. Even our Code Red defense of '05...somewouldsay one of the best defenses in many years...was right at this average.

But these numbers ARE telling. Just as the turn overs that the Lions have created, all needs to be taken into account. But I still say what I started out with...if there is a chink in the armor of the Lion Juggernaut...its their defense.

You can look at the yearly stats and say maybe the D is the problem but can you say that in the last couple of weeks? All teams improve, adapt, adjust through the course of the year. I have no doubt this is the game of the year for the Lions but I think the D is clicking as well as they have been all year.

Tin Cup
12-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Wimbo,
What were the offensive ppg for those same state champions?

Chillfan
12-05-2010, 10:38 PM
So by this you are saying you like Carthage to win? And that by default, TCH is 30+ points better than bwd?

Probably:D

ILOVETHEGOONS!
12-05-2010, 10:39 PM
i LOVE ignorant people. we DON'T leave our starters in all game.

Tin Cup
12-05-2010, 10:39 PM
There is not even a team in 4A that could beat Brownwood by 30

Rocket
12-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Probably:D

You can make silly claims like this and make yourself look very silly.

Keith7
12-05-2010, 10:41 PM
There is not even a team in 4A that could beat Brownwood by 30

wow there is no shortage of cockyness in Brownwood.

Chillfan
12-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Carthage has a good big oline and a RB that is tough as a boot. The can pound the ball and eat alot of time off the clock.

Brownwood's D will be tested. Does BW have a defensive line that can plug the middle against a BIG push?

Rocket
12-05-2010, 10:43 PM

Alright thats it, get your purse and get in the car, we're leaving!!!

Rocket
12-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Carthage has a good big oline and a RB that is tough as a boot. The can pound the ball and eat alot of time off the clock.

Brownwood's D will be tested. Does BW have a defensive line that can plug the middle against a BIG push?

They fire off very quickly and will fill the holes just fine. They have all season, and even against size.

ILOVETHEGOONS!
12-05-2010, 10:44 PM

brownwood fans. get used to them.:kiss:

hollywood
12-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Evening folks!

Looks like a lot of friendly jib jabbing has been happening since the last I checked.

What are the ppg for Carthage?

Chillfan
12-05-2010, 10:46 PM
You can make silly claims like this and make yourself look very silly.

I will say this, Brownwood is NOT the football gods of 3A like you people think.

Time will tell. Brownwood has some big time homers. Not all, just some.

ccmom
12-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Alright thats it, get your purse and get in the car, we're leaving!!! :clap: :clap:

Old LB
12-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Here is something to ponder, is Carthage better this year then they were last season? I don't think so. Carthage squeezed out a 1 point win against Graham last season. Graham lost to Brownwood last season by one point (I believe Graham was better then Brownwood was last season) anyways the point being this Brownwood team is a LOT better then it was last season. Brownwood's defense is going to give up some points, but can Carthage out score them?

Carthage is going to keep the ball on the ground and try to kill the clock, but what happens once they fall behind and find themselves with not very much time left, because Brownwood is going to get their points.

I expect G.Brown to have a huge game with his feet, with that said I am predicting Brownwood wins 39-31 (Brownwood will have 3 missed extra points).

I disagree with the extra point argument, last week the kicker got hurt and the next kicker was thrown into the mix. If Ellis can't return the next guy will be fine. If you knew any background info. you would change your opinion.

Rocket
12-05-2010, 10:49 PM
I will say this, Brownwood is NOT the football gods of 3A like you people think.

Who are you? LOL Be gone, wanna be...

Rocket
12-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Evening folks!

Looks like a lot of friendly jib jabbing has been happening since the last I checked.

What are the ppg for Carthage?

26 and they give up a lot of yards....

LoboesWT
12-05-2010, 10:52 PM

Every team that plays BW seems to be so hungry for the clock. It does not taste good though.:) BW at times will score in under a minute so eating clocks is not as healthy for your diet as you might think!

Rocket
12-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Every team that plays BW seems to be so hungry for the clock. It does not taste good though.:) BW at times will score in under a minute so eating clocks is not as healthy for your diet as you might think!

Tell them, LoboesWT... It isn't wrong to think you can beat Brownwood. Just not realistic. LOL

Chillfan
12-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Who are you? LOL Be gone, wanna be...

You'll be the one that will "Be gone" soon.

Go Carthage!!!!!!

Keith7
12-05-2010, 10:55 PM

yea but we all know that's an aberration

hollywood
12-05-2010, 10:56 PM

BW has a couple of those RB's and a third if needed. #38 is about as tough as they came and is very hard to bring down. BW can run the ball!!

As for D, they have been up against some of the biggest O-lines in 3A and 4A. What people don't understand is how strong they are. Very quick and will blow by a BIG O-Line with technique, power and speed! Can't wait!

Inmateboss
12-05-2010, 10:57 PM

I guess that is a real _ _ _ _ _ slap if i've ever heard one!!!Lol :eek: :eek: :eek:

GR Tiger_14
12-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Everybody just watch BW safety Longoria get cracked:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J7KbmZBJPs

Tin Cup
12-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Any have video of ratliffs crazy good run in the 2nd half. I'd love to watch him carrying all those defenders again that was pretty good stuff

hollywood
12-05-2010, 10:58 PM

LOL

Rocket
12-05-2010, 10:59 PM

So you are buying in to the CHill fluke? LOL They got their butt handed to them by a sorry Nacadoches team and CHill. No excuses. Those 2 DB's wouldn't have made a difference.

hollywood

Chomp, chomp!

LoboesWT
Tell them, LoboesWT... It isn't wrong to think you can beat Brownwood. Just not realistic. LOL

IMO, humbly speaking not trying to rile up those bulldogs. BW has so many different ways to attack a defense. It will give a defensive coordinator a semi-helpless feeling making in game adjustments.

Old LB
12-05-2010, 11:00 PM

Easy to make that statement when you know you won't have to back it up. :thinking:

Inmateboss

You heard the man! PURSE, CAR, Go!!!lol

Rocket
Originally posted by Old LB
Easy to make that statement when you know you won't have to back it up. :thinking:

Exactly..they are playing Henderson with a hurt QB...wow...paper champs...

db1980
Originally posted by Z-RO
Here is something to ponder, is Carthage better this year then they were last season? I don't think so. Carthage squeezed out a 1 point win against Graham last season. Graham lost to Brownwood last season by one point (I believe Graham was better then Brownwood was last season) anyways the point being this Brownwood team is a LOT better then it was last season. Brownwood's defense is going to give up some points, but can Carthage out score them?

Carthage is going to keep the ball on the ground and try to kill the clock, but what happens once they fall behind and find themselves with not very much time left, because Brownwood is going to get their points.

I expect G.Brown to have a huge game with his feet, with that said I am predicting Brownwood wins 39-31 (Brownwood will have 3 missed extra points).

Early in the season I would have said that Carthage wasn't better than they were last season. Injuries had a big part to do with that. They got their injured players back and they started getting better every week. I'd say the Gilmer game was were I noticed the biggest difference. The defense was lights out against Gilmer. They have been playing to their potential and are better than last season.

You are right about Carthage keeping the ball on the ground, but you are wrong about them falling behind.

Running QB's don't typically fare well against the Bulldog defense.

Rocket
12-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Early in the season I would have said that Carthage wasn't better than they were last season. Injuries had a big part to do with that. They got their injured players back and they started getting better every week. I'd say the Gilmer game was were I noticed the biggest difference. The defense was lights out against Gilmer. They have been playing to their potential.

You are right about Carthage keeping the ball on the ground, but you are wrong about them falling behind.

We don't have to run with our QB... LOL we do it to confuse the heck out of the defense and it is usually wide open with LB's running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to cover WR's... YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S COMING...

And again...we appreciate your opinion, but our's means more.

Dawgdaze
12-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by GR Tiger_14
Everybody just watch BW safety Longoria get cracked:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J7KbmZBJPs

Wow. Brownwood please tell me those were your backups in against Snyder? I'd hate to hype this game up over that team.

Rocket
12-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Wow. Brownwood please tell me those were your backups in against Snyder? I'd hate to hype this game up over that team.

No worries...61-20

Chillfan
12-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Early in the season I would have said that Carthage wasn't better than they were last season. Injuries had a big part to do with that. They got their injured players back and they started getting better every week. I'd say the Gilmer game was were I noticed the biggest difference. The defense was lights out against Gilmer. They have been playing to their potential and are better than last season.

DB, just give up. The back to back state champions dont stand a chance. Call the pep rally off and take the signs down.

Rocket
12-05-2010, 11:06 PM
DB, just give up. The back to back state champions dont stand a chance. Call the pep rally off and take the signs down.

Nope....you are the ones treating Brownwood like they don't have a chance. We have earned the respect. #1 ALL SEASON...UNDISPUTED. Come and get it...

Dawgdaze
12-05-2010, 11:07 PM
No worries...61-20

Good deal.

DaHop72
12-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Wow. Brownwood please tell me those were your backups in against Snyder? I'd hate to hype this game up over that team. Yes as Rockee said, it was 61-20 but he also won't tell you that the starters were in until about 3 minutes left in the game and the de-cleater was on a starter.

Dawgdaze
12-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Brownwood has a chance...and here it is:

Be fast and run to the corners. It's our weakness. Trick plays and screen passes to the corners. I'm being honest. What's your one weakness?

db1980
12-05-2010, 11:09 PM
We don't have to run with our QB... LOL we do it to confuse the heck out of the defense and it is usually wide open with LB's running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to cover WR's... YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S COMING...

Well I just hope Brownwood ALLOWS the bulldogs the right to at least play them friday night. It would be nice for them to actually suit up. It's bad you have to play the game knowing you've already been beaten by the greatest team ever assembled in 3a, but just to make them feel better I hope they still allow the Dawgs to make the trip up there.

I was thinking the Dawgs had a chance, but Rocket seems to think it's in the bag.

You seem to remind me of a song from the play "Oklahoma". It went " anything you can do I can do better..". You are the biggest 1-upper I have ever seen.

Tin Cup
12-05-2010, 11:10 PM
I'll take a 41 point win. You can have the one great block. Snyder wannabes

db1980
12-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Nope....you are the ones treating Brownwood like they don't have a chance. We have earned the respect. #1 ALL SEASON...UNDISPUTED. Come and get it...

The only poll that matters is the last one, right? If you are #1 all season long and lose does that make you overrated?

Rocket
12-05-2010, 11:11 PM
The only poll that matters is the last one, right? If you are #1 all season long and lose does that make you overrated?

IF...COME AND GET IT....

Tin Cup
12-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Brownwood has a chance...and here it is:

Be fast and run to the corners. It's our weakness. Trick plays and screen passes to the corners. I'm being honest. What's your one weakness?

According to you our kicker. You know, the one who is about to set the state record for most ever in a season

Chillfan
12-05-2010, 11:12 PM

Show me where i said BW doesnt have a chance.

I think its gonna be a great game that good go either way. I'm rooting for my neighbors to get it done.

Are you having a hard time swallowing that someone could hang?

Rocket
12-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Yes as Rockee said, it was 61-20 but he also won't tell you that the starters were in until about 3 minutes left in the game and the de-cleater was on a starter.

Awww....the little victories from a 61-20 loss...You are right, we should have hung 100, but kept running the ball...

db1980
12-05-2010, 11:14 PM
IF...COME AND GET IT....

IF.....I am not mistaken, Carthage is the one holding the rings for the last two years. Seems like there isn't anything to take.

Rocket
12-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Show me where i said BW doesnt have a chance.

I think its gonna be a great game that good go either way. I'm rooting for my neighbors to get it done.

Are you having a hard time swallowing that someone could hang?

You are still here? Or does your thread have about 21 posts on it and it's dead? Run along, fella..

Dawgdaze
12-05-2010, 11:15 PM
According to you our kicker. You know, the one who is about to set the state record for most ever in a season

I didn't say he was a liability, I said I read you were having problems with your kicking game and was asking if it was true. I read he missed something like 5 extra point attempts. Did I read or remember reading wrong?

Rocket
12-05-2010, 11:15 PM
IF.....I am not mistaken, Carthage is the one holding the rings for the last two years. Seems like there isn't anything to take.

:rolleyes: How come they were never ranked #1? Just a question...I know the ranking doesn't mean much at all but how come? Back to back State Champs and all? Oh yeah, they got their butt handed to them 2 weeks in a row...exposing weaknesses galore..LOL

Rocket
12-05-2010, 11:16 PM
I didn't say he was a liability, I said I read you were having problems with your kicking game and was asking if it was true. I read he missed something like 5 extra point attempts. Did I read or remember reading wrong?

He missed 1 I believe. He got hurt. The backup missed the rest and then finally connected.