View Full Version : 3A Division II State Semifinal: Brownwood (14-0) vs. Carthage (12-2)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

RealDawgFan
12-10-2010, 09:33 AM
For those of you who cannot go to the football game tonight, First State Bank, Excel Ford, Marshall Toyota, and PEE Pet Supply, are sponsoring the game on the internet. Please thank them when you see them.

You can watch the game on the internet by following these instructions.

Go to:

Arklatexhomepage.com

Click Sports, and select Texas 3 A Playoff Game

Jauch
12-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Dawgdaze
Have you ever seen pets that look like their owners or vice versa?

But it's really bad when Lion fans start looking like their mascot!

http://www.yourfunnystuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Mountain-Lion.jpg

I'm hearing banjo's and seeing overall's

DDBooger
12-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by RealDawgFan

Go to:

Arklatexhomepage.com

:clap:
I bet the website is crashed by kickoff lol

But, I hope not, I want to watch it.

BullBoy
12-10-2010, 09:42 AM
For those of you who cannot go to the football game tonight, First State Bank, Excel Ford, Marshall Toyota, and PEE Pet Supply, are sponsoring the game on the internet. Please thank them when you see them.

Go to:

Arklatexhomepage.com

Click Sports, and select Texas 3 A Playoff Game

Good deal!

:D :clap:

Louie13
12-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by BWDCindie
GAME DAYYYYYYYYY!!!!
GO LIONS! DO WORK!

Congrats Cindi -- you have made it to 18. Have you also learned the "quote" technique this week? Keep up the good work. LOL:) :)

LH_Tuff
12-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by rawskills
The lions will come out and probley lose the toss. Carthage will recieve and will go down and score. Evreybody from carthage starts getting some confidense but it doesnt last long. If they are smart they will then kick the ball out of bounce or some kinda pouch kick. I dont they they are dumb enough to kick it to shipley but since they have "TEAM SPEAD" then maybe they will. Next we just expose theyre defence and quickly score missing the xtra point to go down 7-6. After a 3 and out brownwood srtikes again to go up 13 -7. Carthage coaches began to panic after the fail to score again and relize that in order to keep the game close they must score evrey time they have the ball which they will not be able to do against a very stingy defense that gets better throghout the game. Then as the lions always do, they perfect the 2 min drill or 45 sec drill and score right b4 half taking the momentium . As we recive the ball to start the half we quick strike again and the carthage faithful start to relize the are out smarted, out coached, and out classed. halfway through the third quarter the game is all but over. Cathage down by 19 at this point trie to rally but just to little to late. They get frustrated and try a hurry up offense only to throw a pick 6 to Longoria or Mcshan. Halfway through the fourth, the carthage faithful try to beat the traffic and and throw in the tall. This game will not be as close as some might sugest. It is close for a quarter but the lions win big 47 -14

How many id's does Rocket have?

Bosqueville
12-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Glad we're not playing this game tomorrow. Winds of 20 to 30 mph with higher gusts. Going to the Euless Trinity/Stony Point game tomorrow. Good thing they both like to run the ball!

DDBooger
12-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
Glad we're not playing this game tomorrow. Winds of 20 to 30 mph with higher gusts. Going to the Euless Trinity/Stony Point game tomorrow. Good thing they both like to run the ball! Yeah, we have a nasty cold front blowing through this weekend. By Saturday night and early sunday wind chills will be in the single digits.

Louie13
12-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Bullbatt
It's blasphemy.:mad:

The page has already been fixed. Someone got with that. LOL

Ranger Mom
12-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Wow!! So does anyone want to tell me what I have missed since about 4:30 yesterday afternoon??

RoyceTTU
12-10-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Wow!! So does anyone want to tell me what I have missed since about 4:30 yesterday afternoon??

Alot of funny pictures and very little content :D :D :D

RoyceTTU
12-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Oh, and a 12 year old kid that tried to type a good message only to have his spelling corrected by someone that couldn't spell either. :D

hollywood
12-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
I could care less about Wikipedia. I like Wiki (Old Charter, Crown, Wild Turkey, etc...).

<--------- All my donations go to 3ADL!

I like wiki... Makers is the best!

Ranger Mom
12-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Oh, and a 12 year old kid that tried to type a good message only to have his spelling corrected by someone that couldn't spell either. :D

LOL!! I read that one!!

It was even funnier to know it was someone who is/was a teacher!!!!

I remember one of my kids teacher sending a note home about something that had 3 misspelled words in it. It gave me great delight to write her a little note back pointing those misspellings out!:)

Louie13
12-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
Glad we're not playing this game tomorrow. Winds of 20 to 30 mph with higher gusts. Going to the Euless Trinity/Stony Point game tomorrow. Good thing they both like to run the ball!
That's going to be an awesome game. I'm picking Stony Point.

garciap77
12-10-2010, 10:18 AM
LOL!! I read that one!!

I remember one of my kids teacher sending a note home about something that had 3 misspelled words in it. It gave me great delight to write her a little note back pointing those misspellings out!:)

Meanie!!!!:D:D:D

;)

hollywood
12-10-2010, 10:19 AM
ROTF LMBO.... what are you 12??? :confused: You need to go to class today and practice your spelling. I hope none of your teachers are reading this because they would be embarrased. :blush: (Since I taught 4th, 5th and 6th grade for years... I could figure it out!). As for your "predictions"... utterly RIDICULOUS! I will just point out ONE of the many absurd claims you made: Carthage Coaches NEVER panic!!!!!! :cool:

The post you refer to was obviously a BB phone or iPhone post. Give 'em a break.

As for the prediction... we will see. It won't be a matter of the Carthage coaches not panicking... it'll be a matter of incompetency - lack of physical or intellectual ability or qualifications to respond; lacking the power to perform.

;)

Louie13
12-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Hey RM,

So this thread beat last week's post count and now you have a new record that isn't over yet. I could not even imagine more than Monahans - Brownwood, but it happened!

RoyceTTU
12-10-2010, 10:31 AM
LOL!! I read that one!!

Too funny, did he drop another grade after that note :doh: :doh: :doh:

Ranger Mom
12-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Too funny, did he drop another grade after that note :doh: :doh: :doh:

No...but I never received another note from her that wasn't checked and re-checked before it was sent home to me!

As a matter of fact...she retired after that year!!!:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

RoyceTTU
12-10-2010, 10:38 AM

As a matter of fact...she retired after that year!!!:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Hmmm :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Garcia might be on to something :D

Originally posted by garciap77
Meanie!!!!:D
;)

Deerhunter
12-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Carthage is the most athletic team that we (Argyle) have ever played. They have more athletes than most good 5A teams. They are well coached. I hope they win, because it makes Argyle look better. That said, my concerns about Carthage are these: (1) Contrary to what some have said on this board, their offense did not "wear down" Argyle. Their QB played the game of his life. After a slow start, he was simply outstanding and converted every third down he faced. Some third and short, some third and long -- it didn't matter, he scrambled, broke tackles, fired pinpoint passes into double coverage, etc. to get the yardage needed. We could not get their offense off the field, and it was not because they wore us down, it was because of their QB. If he plays like that against Brownwood, Carthage will score a lot of points and keep Brownwood's offense off the field. If he doesn't, I think Carthage's offense can be slowed. (2) Carthage has a good defense, but in my opinion not great. We actually had more rushing yards than they did, but our passing game was way off. Give Carthage some credit for that, but the fact is we had receivers open all night and couldn't get a completion (in contrast to the week before against Gilmer, when our passing game was on). If our passing game had been on, I believe we would have scored at least two more tds against Carthage and it would have been a very close game. I'm afraid Brownwood may run up and down the field on them. (3) Carthage got the breaks against Argyle. We had 9 penalties and they had 3 (this is inexplicable given some of the things going on on the field). Our all-state kicker missed a short field goal. The refs called a fumble in our end of the field when our running back was not only down but on his back by the time the ball came out -- and that gave Carthage points and momentum. That call wasn't even close and should never have been made. Breaks matter in close games, and Carthage got them against Argyle. Now, don't get me wrong, I still think Carthage may be the best team in the state. But it will be interesting to see what happens against Brownwood. If #1, #2 and #3 above go Carthage's way, I think they'll win. If not, I think they'll lose.

LH_Tuff
12-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Deerhunter
Carthage is the most athletic team that we (Argyle) have ever played. They have more athletes than most good 5A teams. They are well coached. I hope they win, because it makes Argyle look better. That said, my concerns about Carthage are these: (1) Contrary to what some have said on this board, their offense did not "wear down" Argyle. Their QB played the game of his life. After a slow start, he was simply outstanding and converted every third down he faced. Some third and short, some third and long -- it didn't matter, he scrambled, broke tackles, fired pinpoint passes into double coverage, etc. to get the yardage needed. We could not get their offense off the field, and it was not because they wore us down, it was because of their QB. If he plays like that against Brownwood, Carthage will score a lot of points and keep Brownwood's offense off the field. If he doesn't, I think Carthage's offense can be slowed. (2) Carthage has a good defense, but in my opinion not great. We actually had more rushing yards than they did, but our passing game was way off. Give Carthage some credit for that, but the fact is we had receivers open all night and couldn't get a completion (in contrast to the week before against Gilmer, when our passing game was on). If our passing game had been on, I believe we would have scored at least two more tds against Carthage and it would have been a very close game. I'm afraid Brownwood may run up and down the field on them. (3) Carthage got the breaks against Argyle. We had 9 penalties and they had 3 (this is inexplicable given some of the things going on on the field). Our all-state kicker missed a short field goal. The refs called a fumble in our end of the field when our running back was not only down but on his back by the time the ball came out -- and that gave Carthage points and momentum. That call wasn't even close and should never have been made. Breaks matter in close games, and Carthage got them against Argyle. Now, don't get me wrong, I still think Carthage may be the best team in the state. But it will be interesting to see what happens against Brownwood. If #1, #2 and #3 above go Carthage's way, I think they'll win. If not, I think they'll lose.

:tmi:

Old LB
12-10-2010, 11:01 AM

Nice post, next time though tell us what you really think.

RoyceTTU
12-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Carthage is the most athletic team that we (Argyle) have ever played. They have more athletes than most good 5A teams. They are well coached. I hope they win, because it makes Argyle look better.

That said, my concerns about Carthage are these:

(1) Contrary to what some have said on this board, their offense did not "wear down" Argyle. Their QB played the game of his life. After a slow start, he was simply outstanding and converted every third down he faced. Some third and short, some third and long -- it didn't matter, he scrambled, broke tackles, fired pinpoint passes into double coverage, etc. to get the yardage needed.

We could not get their offense off the field, and it was not because they wore us down, it was because of their QB. If he plays like that against Brownwood, Carthage will score a lot of points and keep Brownwood's offense off the field. If he doesn't, I think Carthage's offense can be slowed.

(2) Carthage has a good defense, but in my opinion not great. We actually had more rushing yards than they did, but our passing game was way off.
Give Carthage some credit for that, but the fact is we had receivers open all night and couldn't get a completion (in contrast to the week before against Gilmer, when our passing game was on). If our passing game had been on, I believe we would have scored at least two more tds against Carthage and it would have been a very close game.

I'm afraid Brownwood may run up and down the field on them.

(3) Carthage got the breaks against Argyle. We had 9 penalties and they had 3 (this is inexplicable given some of the things going on on the field). Our all-state kicker missed a short field goal.

The refs called a fumble in our end of the field when our running back was not only down but on his back by the time the ball came out -- and that gave Carthage points and momentum. That call wasn't even close and should never have been made.

Breaks matter in close games, and Carthage got them against Argyle. Now, don't get me wrong, I still think Carthage may be the best team in the state. But it will be interesting to see what happens against Brownwood. If #1, #2 and #3 above go Carthage's way, I think they'll win. If not, I think they'll lose.

Good Post I enjoyed the read......kinda....I reformatted for ease of the eyes. :D

BwdLions
12-10-2010, 11:06 AM
Man, it's getting close folks. I'm taking off around noon and heading that way. Everyone have a safe trip (and enjoy the Lions' win).

bwdlionfan
12-10-2010, 11:12 AM

Why was the Argyle QB off target so much? Just a bad night or due to pressure?

Deerhunter
12-10-2010, 11:21 AM
The Argyle QB is an outstanding player. He's had some great games and is only a junior. As with all QBs, some games are better than others. Carthage did apply some pressure (although never got a sack), and their coverage guys are DI athletes. But a number of our passes were just not on target (many were high), and we also had some very uncharacteristic drops. We just never got it going in the passing game. In the "Breaks" category, our QB made a great play in the third quarter when the game was close -- he scrambled and found a receiver 25 yards down the field for a first down that would have put us in the red zone, but the refs said his toe was over the line of scrimmage and called it back (it's unclear from the film whether that was a good call or not -- it was very close). It was just that kind of night for us.

DirtyDawg
12-10-2010, 11:24 AM
"Can you hear em Growlinnnn" The "Dawgs" will play in Jerry's house on December 17th.

Enough Said!!!!

LIONS#1
12-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Da doggies will be A watching Brownwood kikk sum more of Dat Bootay on the 17th!! and don't sit on our side!!!:D

Tin Cup
12-10-2010, 11:40 AM
I am SICK that I can't make this one. I hope we play one more game after this one. I won't miss it! I may need a new job though lol.

Brownwood...Brownwood...Brownwood

RoyceTTU
12-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
I won't miss it! I may need a new job though lol.

Brownwood...Brownwood...Brownwood

I heard Salome Driving range needs a Pro!!! :D :D :D

DirtyDawg
12-10-2010, 11:44 AM
We shall see, oh and the WormWood "CROW DINER" will be open after the game! See ya there, heading out now!

Old LB
12-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by DirtyDawg
We shall see, oh and the WormWood "CROW DINER" will be open after the game! See ya there, heading out now!

You think your old pulpwood truck will make it to Dallas?

LH_Tuff
12-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Old LB

Now, that is funny right there. :clap:

Dawgdaze
12-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Poor rocket.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4096/4867207504_a018ca9dc4_b.jpg

RoyceTTU
12-10-2010, 12:30 PM
DawgDaze, I almost feel sorry for you :D :D :D

http://homeremediesfordogs.info/images/sad%20dog%202.jpg

Dawgdaze
12-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Old LB

Why do I hear the SANFORD AND SON theme song when I read that? LOL

bwdlionfan
12-10-2010, 12:32 PM
http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php/highschool-news/view/178927

Dawgdaze
12-10-2010, 12:33 PM
DawgDaze, I almost feel sorry for you :D :D :D

http://homeremediesfordogs.info/images/sad%20dog%202.jpg

Well just don't feel sorry for yourself on the way back to the HOUSE and drive safely. You have to be ALERT that late. :weeping:

rolldawgs
12-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Carthage is the most athletic team that we (Argyle) have ever played. They have more athletes than most good 5A teams.

And this pretty much sums up what Carthage brings to the table.

I won't address the whiney aspects of the post above, but I will address one point before hitting the road to Dallas.

Saying that Morgan "had the game of his life" is just way off base. I'm sure it looked that way to someone who's not followed his career, but he only threw for 205 yards! That kid hangs 300 and sometimes 400+ on the opposition, and has done so in playoff games for two years straight.
In district he would have 250-300 yards by halftime and sit the second half, much like the Brownwood QB did I'm sure.

Carthage fans like myself were actually happy that the team did so well when Morgan only threw for 205. I think it was the offensive line that really stepped it up in that game.

I actually see both teams scoring around 40-45 points tonight, maybe even a 52-48 type game. Winner will most likely be the one fortunate to have the ball last!

Save driving to all; see ya at the game.
Go Dawgs!!
Go Pearland Oilers!!

Dawgdaze
12-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php/highschool-news/view/178927

Kinda humorous since we rarely turn the ball over. Good luck with that Bwood.

gonktacular
12-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Kinda humorous since we rarely turn the ball over. Good luck with that Bwood.

Neither did Monahans and we got a pick off of them too. It only takes one, especially if it turns into a shootout.

ccmom
12-10-2010, 01:12 PM
So, I'm guessing that Brownwood's slooooooowwww bus left town before daylight to make it to the game? ;)

Good luck to all the players on both sides tonight!! All you knuckleheads be safe on the road and civil in the stands. :)

BwdLion73
12-10-2010, 01:18 PM
KTAB TV has reported that due to UIL rules that a game must be sold out 48hrs. before kick-off they will not be allowed to stream the game.

However it will be replayed at 11 am tomorrow on Ktab Tv.

gonktacular
12-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
KTAB TV has reported that due to UIL rules that a game must be sold out 48hrs. before kick-off they will not be allowed to stream the game.

:mad:

Looking4number8
12-10-2010, 01:29 PM

Works for me, I get to watch us beat up on Carthage twice in 24 hours

BwdLion73
12-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8

...and if you can't be there nothing is better than to close your eyes and let Dallas Huston describe what is going on.... :thumbsup:

garciap77
12-10-2010, 01:32 PM

:D

Thanks for buying the tickets! I'll have my money ready we I see you!:)

BullBoy
12-10-2010, 01:48 PM

what about that other station that the carthage guy put on here earlier? KTAL? arklatexhomepage.com?:confused:

Looking4number8
12-10-2010, 01:49 PM
:D

Thanks for buying the tickets! I'll have my money ready we I see you!:)

Cant belive the school was charging me $50 bucks a ticket... wow, guess they know it is gonna be a great game and you will get your moneys worth....

Deerhunter
12-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by rolldawgs
And this pretty much sums up what Carthage brings to the table.

I won't address the whiney aspects of the post above, but I will address one point before hitting the road to Dallas.

Saying that Morgan "had the game of his life" is just way off base. I'm sure it looked that way to someone who's not followed his career, but he only threw for 205 yards! That kid hangs 300 and sometimes 400+ on the opposition, and has done so in playoff games for two years straight.
In district he would have 250-300 yards by halftime and sit the second half, much like the Brownwood QB did I'm sure.

Carthage fans like myself were actually happy that the team did so well when Morgan only threw for 205. I think it was the offensive line that really stepped it up in that game.

I actually see both teams scoring around 40-45 points tonight, maybe even a 52-48 type game. Winner will most likely be the one fortunate to have the ball last!

Save driving to all; see ya at the game.
Go Dawgs!!
Go Pearland Oilers!!

My point about the Carthage QB is that he carried that offense. Not that they don't have other weopons, but he made it all happen. By "game of his life" I was not referring to stats, but rather how time and time again he made incredible plays in crucial situations which kept the ball out of Argyle's hands. That was the difference in the game. Doing what he did in that game was a lot more significant than putting up 300 yards in the first half against a weak opponent. BTW, in an earlier post on this forum someone from Carthage used those exact words ("game of his life"). I'll say it again -- if he plays like that against Brownwood, Carthage will score a lot of points and probably win. But if he has an off game, I think Carthage is in trouble.

oldtownag
12-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Carthage did apply some pressure (although never got a sack), and their coverage guys are DI athletes. In the "Breaks" category, our QB made a great play in the third quarter when the game was close -- he scrambled and found a receiver 25 yards down the field for a first down that would have put us in the red zone, but the refs said his toe was over the line of scrimmage and called it back (it's unclear from the film whether that was a good call or not -- it was very close). It was just that kind of night for us.

Wrong - Carthage did get a sack. According to Argyle the first one they gave up all year.

Wrong Again - The QB was 3 yards past the line of scrimmage. The QB was only just over the line of scrimmage on the TD pass in the 2nd that did not get called back.

P.S. Argyle had a good team. Carthage played lights out. The Argyle QB struggled. It would have been much closer if he played like he did vs. Gilmer.

Deerhunter
12-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Wrong - Carthage did get a sack. According to Argyle the first one they gave up all year.

Wrong Again - The QB was 3 yards past the line of scrimmage. The QB was only just over the line of scrimmage on the TD pass in the 2nd that did not get called back.

P.S. Argyle had a good team. Carthage played lights out. The Argyle QB struggled. It would have been much closer if he played like he did vs. Gilmer.

There was one time that our QB was tackled behind the line of scrimmage, but there are differences of opinion (at least in Argyle) as to whether it was a true sack or he was actually intending to run from the outset. Our broadcast team refused to call it a sack. But I'll give you that one. I'll also not argue with you on the pass -- I have not seen the replay, only as it happened. The point is that it nullified what could have been a very important play in the game. That said, y'all were the better team and deserved to win. I hope you win tonight.

Black_Magic
12-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Cant belive the school was charging me $50 bucks a ticket... wow, guess they know it is gonna be a great game and you will get your moneys worth.... $50 a ticket?? quite cunning of them..:thinking:

Looking4number8
12-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
$50 a ticket?? quite cunning of them..:thinking:

I know man, thats ok though.. Sweetwater Red and Garcia are loaded (especially garcia with that Wylie money)... They will have no problem paying it back... By the way, anybody know of a Hooters close to the Kincaid stadium... I plan on having a little extra cash tonight!

Saggy Aggie
12-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Carthage is the favorite in the poll? :thinking:

hollywood
12-10-2010, 03:26 PM
OK folks. Today is my birthday. How sweet it's going to be for the Lions to win a huge game to send them to the state finals on my birthday.

Alright LIONS! WIN this game for the team, for the coaches, for the fans, for the community, for yourself, for Central Texas, for West Texas, for Region 1, and last but not least, for ME!!!

TAKE THE WOOD TO 'EM!!!

Old LB
12-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Dallas Huston, jalopeno and cheese sausage on the grill, sittin on the patio, Brownwood Lions win. Can it get any better, I think not. Oh, and MAYBE an adult beverage. :devil: :2thumbsup

Eagle 1
12-10-2010, 04:02 PM
GO LIONS!

We Goldthwaite people will be listening tonight and rooting for the Lions to bring home another victory.
Show no mercy.

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE BABY!!!

BTW hollywood, it's my oldest son's birthday too.
Happy Birthday. :clap:

bobcat1
12-10-2010, 04:03 PM
I gotta shower and go. See ya there if you're there. Hope this is a good game.

Ranger Mom
12-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
OK folks. Today is my birthday. How sweet it's going to be for the Lions to win a huge game to send them to the state finals on my birthday.

Alright LIONS! WIN this game for the team, for the coaches, for the fans, for the community, for yourself, for Central Texas, for West Texas, for Region 1, and last but not least, for ME!!!

TAKE THE WOOD TO 'EM!!!

Happy Birthday Cuz!!!!

oldtownag
12-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by hollywood

TAKE THE WOOD TO 'EM!!!

Sorry. I hope next year you have a happy birthday.

Rocket
12-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Sorry. I hope next year you have a happy birthday.

You still think Carthage is going to win? Hilarious...

oldtownag
12-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
You still think Carthage is going to win? Hilarious...

Yep. Are you going to see the lions lose?

pirate4state
12-10-2010, 04:55 PM
You still think Carthage is going to win? Hilarious... You still think Brownwood is going to win? Hilarious...

see what I did there :D

Hey, I hope you aren't driving & posting!!!! :eek: :eek:

waterboy
12-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Yep. Are you going to see the lions lose?
Are you texting while driving again? Or are you already there? Good lord......:eek: ........don't tell me you ain't going!

oldtownag
12-10-2010, 05:08 PM
I live in Forney. I'm not hitch hiking. No need to leave yet.

waterboy
12-10-2010, 05:19 PM
:thumbsup: Oh, yeah. I didn't even remember you lived there. I hope the Dawgs get 'r done!! We'll never hear the end of it if they don't!!:doh: I have FAITH!!

Rocket
12-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You still think Brownwood is going to win? Hilarious...

see what I did there :D

Hey, I hope you aren't driving & posting!!!! :eek: :eek:

I'm not driving and posting, mommy.

Rocket
12-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I gotta shower...

That's a first...

Rocket
12-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
:thumbsup: Oh, yeah. I didn't even remember you lived there. I hope the Dawgs get 'r done!! We'll never hear the end of it if they don't!!:doh: I have FAITH!!

Don't count on it...

Rocket
12-10-2010, 05:22 PM

There will be plenty of spots on the Visitor's side in the 3rd Quarter...

oldtownag
12-10-2010, 05:30 PM
There will be plenty of spots on the Visitor's side in the 3rd Quarter...

It would be disrespectful to leave that early. Besides, Brown Wood might still make a comeback.

LH_Tuff
12-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Rocket? Are you in Dallas or Hobbs? Just wondering. :thinking:

Inmateboss
12-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Brownwood wins it tonight !!! It might be a close game, Brownwood is nice like that!! Good luck to both teams, more to Brownwood and Praying for no injuries!!!

BEAST
12-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Can't speak for the Carthage side, but the Brownwood side is already filling.

BEAST

BullBoy
12-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by BEAST

BEAST :eek: :eek: :eek:

LH_Tuff
12-10-2010, 05:46 PM

BEAST

Gates are already open? Wow!

LH_Tuff
12-10-2010, 05:47 PM

Gates are already open? Wow!

BEAST

gobbla4life
12-10-2010, 05:48 PM
good luck to both schools wouldnt mind playing Brownwood again someday, and it would be awesome to play Carthage for the first time someday. good luck and may the best team win.

Jauch
12-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Wow, sitting at stadiu now, carthage fans about 50 or
So here, brownwood fans are about 1500+, crazy support for this town.

Lion_Addict
12-10-2010, 06:43 PM
It's GO TIME! Unfortunately not able to be at the game, but will have "Dallas" calling the action for me loud & clear.
Carthage peeps.....sit back, relax, and enjoy the show ;) ..... you're about to have the WOOD taken to ya, you just DON'T KNOW!! :devil: :kiss:

BwdLion73
12-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by gobbla4life
good luck to both schools wouldnt mind playing Brownwood again someday, and it would be awesome to play Carthage for the first time someday. good luck and may the best team win.

Glad to see someone with enough time to say again.:clap:
I would like to see that also.;)

DDBooger
12-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Since the game won't be streamed, will someone be posting updates?

Tin Cup
12-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Since the game won't be streamed, will someone be posting updates?

I will start a thread

Hornet Mom 2
12-10-2010, 07:28 PM
We're about 30 minutes away. Seating gonna be a problem?

lulu
12-10-2010, 07:29 PM
You can listen on kgasradio.com Carthage Homers but at least you can hear.

Tin Cup
12-10-2010, 07:32 PM
I've heard Brownwood side is full...

The BEST h.s. radio announcer ever...Dallas Huston

www.koxe.com

BwdLion73
12-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by lulu
You can listen on kgasradio.com Carthage Homers but at least you can hear.

lulu, you should try koxe.com. Dallas Huston is nearing 50 years of broadcasting. really does a good job of letting you know whats going on and does not sugar coat it.

ccmom
12-10-2010, 07:43 PM
lulu, you should try koxe.com. Dallas Huston is nearing 50 years of broadcasting. really does a good job of letting you know whats going on and does not sugar coat it. He's right Lulu...if you've never listened to him you are missing out.

DDBooger
12-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Thanks guys, I'll probably be checking for updates rather than listening. We're kind of playing a big game too, so I'll be listening to that. Good luck BW and Carthage.

lulu
12-10-2010, 07:44 PM
lulu, you should try koxe.com. Dallas Huston is nearing 50 years of broadcasting. really does a good job of letting you know whats going on and does not sugar coat it. I.m trying to get on now. I would rather listen to something other than kgas.

oldtownag
12-10-2010, 07:46 PM
I've heard Brownwood side is full...

The BEST h.s. radio announcer ever...Dallas Huston

www.koxe.com

Maybe 60% full now

Tin Cup
12-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Maybe 60% full now

Whole stadium or Brownwood side?

oldtownag
12-10-2010, 07:53 PM

BW

Carthage about 50%

oldtownag
12-10-2010, 07:55 PM

DaHop72
12-10-2010, 08:21 PM
I bet if I toook you and DaHop no one would see anything would they? :D :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

DaHop72
12-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by rawskills
Browndwoods wins might score 88 like we did on iowa park And they just keep coming out of the woodwork.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lulu
12-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Holland scores for Carthage

Tin Cup
12-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Carthage 6-0

Late 1st Q

skins4life
12-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
And they just keep coming out of the woodwork.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gonna need two semi-trucks to carry them all now:devil: :devil:

lulu
12-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Henderson Lions 14
CHill 0

DaHop72
12-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
Gonna need two semi-trucks to carry them all now:devil: :devil: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

LoboesWT
12-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Lots of game left, but not looking good so far

Tin Cup
12-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Carthage 14-7

Brownwood fumbles kickoff and Carthage gets it...not good

lulu
12-10-2010, 09:14 PM
this guy is good at his broadcasting

LoboesWT
12-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Stick with Ratliff for little bit please

LoboesWT
12-10-2010, 09:21 PM
I am a running game fan, if you cant tell

BwdLion73
12-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
I am a running game fan, if you cant tell :thumbsup:

BwdLion73
12-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
I am a running game fan, if you cant tell :thumbsup:

lulu
12-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Good half....just what we expected

LoboesWT
12-10-2010, 09:27 PM
WOW this is a wild one

BLACK ATTACK
12-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Carthage is not playing an unproven Argyle team this week, they are playing the UNDISPUTED, and UNCHALLENGED #1 Brownwood Lions. We see what happened last year with Carthage-Graham. We also see what happened earlier in the season when Carthage played a real team. Ouch.

Brownwood is more than great athletes and coaches, it is a system. A very, very complex system. A system that has still yet to be fully revealed. A system that has not been challenged. A system with plenty of cards that have not been shown. Our defense is good enough.

Carthage will need the perfect game to pull this win off, they are no different than any other team Brownwood has played. You screw up, you pay. The 21 Point Black Hole has no favorites. Every team that falls into it loses by at least 30. Every team has...Got that? It's not about geography, it's about the freaking system.

Brownwood holds nothing back this week. Get your popcorn ready, ladies and gentleman. Brownwood is for real.

Guess not! :thinking:

buckeyebob
12-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Congrats to the Bulldogs...job well done. The District of Doom continues to roll.

Hey TinCup....try to focus 'cause I do not want to confuse you with too much, but, Henderson beat Chapel Hill (another East Texas Team that is 26 miles from Henderson) for Div. 1 State Champ....I know you do not care...I just wanted to share with you. After all speed kills & Brownwood is there...remember East Texas Speed.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy023.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

BwdLion73
12-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
Congrats to the Bulldogs...job well done. The District of Doom continues to roll.

Hey TinCup....try to focus 'cause I do not want to confuse you with too much, but, Henderson beat Chapel Hill (another East Texas Team that is 26 miles from Henderson) for Div. 1 State Champ....I know you do not care...I just wanted to share with you. After all speed kills & Brownwood is there...remember East Texas Speed.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy023.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

congrats.

poisoned10
12-11-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm glad I went to the game. It was a lot of fun to watch.

Jaxson Shipley is crazy good. He bailed out the QB several times. Carthage could have had several INT's but he would jump over a defender, make the catch and get hit by 2 or 3 defenders and still hold onto the ball.

It was a well played game that could have gone either way. Both teams made critical penalties that bailed out the other team and both made some big plays on both sides of the ball.

I'm interested to see/read Rocket's take on the game.

lulu
12-11-2010, 12:01 AM
Congratulations to Carthage. One more to go for that 3peat.

Good game Lions. It was all we thought it would be.

District of Doom Rolls on. Keep rolling Dawgs.;)

Ranger Mom
12-11-2010, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob

Congrats to Carthage, but I am still not sold on the East Texas Speed. When my West Texas team played that East Texas speed...we not only won...we SKUNKED them!!

But....I must say, Carthage sounds like the REAL DEAL!!

I will be cheering for them next Friday!!

Tin Cup
12-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Brownwood was 4 yards from the endzone at the end of the game...call it east texas speed if you want, we just didn't make that 1 play that the game was decided on at the buzzer...I don't care where you live, it didn't decide the game. You ran it on us all night long and we threw it on you all night. Hats off to both, I just hate that we lost!!!

DDBooger
12-11-2010, 12:27 AM
Sounds like it was Carthage power, not speed.

bobcat1
12-11-2010, 12:38 AM
That was a great game. It lived up to the hype. Tip of the hat to Carthage. Carthage D and Special Teams did not let Shipley Beat them. That 14 was a stud. 1 played awesome. 80 was as promised. The story was the line play. Carthage was too much.

Hats off to Brownwood on a tough loss. Longoria played great and saved a few TD's. Chastain going down early was a huge loss for Brownwood. Shipley is a STUD! Wow! Sure was worth the $10 to watch.

I got to meet Beast, Lost Aussie, Garcia, Injured, TXB, Lookinfor8, 91 Lion. Sweetwater Red, 95 Mustang, RoyceTTU. Saw Kep and G2 again. At the half I saw Gatordaze, Marler, and CHS89. I hope I did not leave anyone out. Had a heck of a time. If you wasn't there then you just missed it.

cowboyandchrist
12-11-2010, 01:14 AM
The Brownwood team played a heck of a game. Shipley was everything we heard about. If Shipley played for Carthage there would not be many 4a or 5a teams that could beat them. The best team won that is for sure. Hey Rocket you know I got to remind you what I said to you a month ago. THE BEAST FROM THE EAST is coming for you. Say what you want, but the East Texas speed is hard to deal with. Both State Champs are and will be 20 miles apart for 2010. Great game Brownwood, and great fans, man you packed the place.

Pawdaddy
12-11-2010, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
Brownwood has been #1 all season, just like Gilmer last year. Very few people denied that if Cuero had beaten Gilmer in the semis, they would have been State Champs. The same can be said for this game. It should be another game ala Gilmer/Cuero '09. #1 from start to finish is a special thing. When the prognosticators get it right that early, it is Las Vegas luck. Cuero went 4 and out from inside the 10 at the end of the "09 game. It could have been different, but Gilmer stood their ground.

Can Brownwood do it this year? This is the game that will answer that question. I think Carthage takes it, similar to Gilmer over Cuero.

DISTRICT OF DOOM REIGNS THIS WEEK!!

HENDERSON OVER TYLER CHAPEL HILL!

CARTHAGE OVER BROWNWOOD!!

So let it be written, so let it be done!

Man, after watching Carthage handle the Wood, this guy had it figured. Inside the 10, last play of the game, chance to tie or win,........Just like last year's Gilmer/Cuero game. Shipley is likely to be the go to man at UT next year. If his brother was anywhere close to that good in high school, I did not hear about it. #8 would be all-national if there was such a team. Wood tried moving him around so he could get his hands on the kickoffs, but the Dogs kicked away from him all night. Great game. Nothing to hang anyone's head about tonight. Two very good teams. Carthage wins next week and the District of Doom has two State Champions! WOW!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Dawgdaze
12-11-2010, 03:36 AM
Congrats to Carthage, but I am still not sold on the East Texas Speed. When my West Texas team played that East Texas speed...we not only won...we SKUNKED them!!

Of course you're not sold. You live out there in the desert! How much does a bottle of water sell for out there anyway? How about a ream of paper since you guys have no trees? Do you write on cactus paper?

LOL. JUST KIDDING> had to tease you a little.

BEAST
12-11-2010, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
The Brownwood team played a heck of a game. Shipley was everything we heard about. If Shipley played for Carthage there would not be many 4a or 5a teams that could beat them. The best team won that is for sure. Hey Rocket you know I got to remind you what I said to you a month ago. THE BEAST FROM THE EAST is coming for you. Say what you want, but the East Texas speed is hard to deal with. Both State Champs are and will be 20 miles apart for 2010. Great game Brownwood, and great fans, man you packed the place.

There was equal amounts of speed on both sidelines. This was 2 heavyweights throwing knock out punches. It was a hell of a game.

BEAST

Dawgdaze
12-11-2010, 03:38 AM
As for the Brownwood Lions:

http://tadbot.com/wp-content/uploads/lionstuff/dead%20lion.jpg

Dawgdaze
12-11-2010, 03:42 AM
Man, after watching Carthage handle the Wood, this guy had it figured. Inside the 10, last play of the game, chance to tie or win,........Just like last year's Gilmer/Cuero game. Shipley is likely to be the go to man at UT next year. If his brother was anywhere close to that good in high school, I did not hear about it. #8 would be all-national if there was such a team. Wood tried moving him around so he could get his hands on the kickoffs, but the Dogs kicked away from him all night. Great game. Nothing to hang anyone's head about tonight. Two very good teams. Carthage wins next week and the District of Doom has two State Champions! WOW!:clap: :clap: :clap:

You nailed it! Congrats!! What's the forecast for next week? LOL.

Looking4number8
12-11-2010, 03:44 AM

Very well put.. great game but i did not like the ending very much... Congrats Carthage, you earned the win!

buckeyebob
12-11-2010, 06:24 AM

What would be "your team"?

The East Texas Speed deally is more than being fast...take the onside / pooch kick...way too fast for the Wood.

buckeyebob
12-11-2010, 06:26 AM
Brownwood was 4 yards from the endzone at the end of the game...call it east texas speed if you want, we just didn't make that 1 play that the game was decided on at the buzzer...I don't care where you live, it didn't decide the game. You ran it on us all night long and we threw it on you all night. Hats off to both, I just hate that we lost!!!

I don't

garciap77
12-11-2010, 10:35 AM

garciap77

garciap77
Congratulations to Carthage! Lions you had a great season, nothing to be a shamed of! Ok I'm ready for my Crow! Can I have some soy sauce with it and a little wine please!:D

;)

P.S. Oldtownag, I will be cheering for the Bulldogs next Friday!!

One more thing! Don't sit next to Bobcat1, he will eat all you popcorn and drink all your water!;) It was nice sitting with you.:)

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Congratulations to Carthage! Lions you had a great season, nothing to be a shamed of! Ok I'm ready for my Crow! Can I have some soy sauce with it and a little wine please!:D

;)

One more thing! Don't sit next to Bobcat1, he will eat all you popcorn and drink all your water!;) It was nice sitting with you.:)

No one is going to shove it in your face Garcia. You supported BW with class and reverence for other teams. Good on you! Sorry it didnt work out...I know how it feels!!!!

bobcat1
12-11-2010, 10:46 AM

;)

One more thing! Don't sit next to Bobcat1, he will eat all you popcorn and drink all your water!;) It was nice sitting with you.:) Likewise my friend! That popcorn was good!;) I got to meet Beast, Lost Aussie, Garcia, Injured, TXB, Lookinfor8, 91 Lion. Sweetwater Red, 95 Mustang, RoyceTTU. Saw Kep and G2 again. At the half I saw Gatordaze, Marler, and CHS89. I hope I did not leave anyone out. Had a heck of a time. It was fun watching G2 devour a turkey leg. He went at it like a mama wolf with nine suckin pups. :D

garciap77
12-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Likewise my friend! That popcorn was good!;) I got to meet Beast, Lost Aussie, Garcia, Injured, TXB, Lookinfor8, 91 Lion. Sweetwater Red, 95 Mustang, RoyceTTU. Saw Kep and G2 again. At the half I saw Gatordaze, Marler, and CHS89. I hope I did not leave anyone out. Had a heck of a time. It was fun watching G2 devour a turkey leg. He went at it like a mama wolf with nine suckin pups. :D

Where did he (G2) get that maroon poncho?:D

oldtownag
12-11-2010, 11:00 AM
As for the Brownwood Lions:

http://tadbot.com/wp-content/uploads/lionstuff/dead%20lion.jpg

Sweet

50 yard line fan
12-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Likewise my friend! That popcorn was good!;) I got to meet Beast, Lost Aussie, Garcia, Injured, TXB, Lookinfor8, 91 Lion. Sweetwater Red, 95 Mustang, RoyceTTU. Saw Kep and G2 again. At the half I saw Gatordaze, Marler, and CHS89. I hope I did not leave anyone out. Had a heck of a time. It was fun watching G2 devour a turkey leg. He went at it like a mama wolf with nine suckin pups. :D

You forgot me:( I don't post enough for anyone to remember anyway.

oldtownag
12-11-2010, 11:01 AM

You don't have any curses associated with your support do ya?

bobcat1
12-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by 50 yard line fan
You forgot me:( I don't post enough for anyone to remember anyway. Dang it! Sorry about that. It was great meeting you as well.

oldtownag
12-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Who is Carthage's signature win?

Brownwood Lions! no probably Henderson Lions!

ctown81
12-11-2010, 11:38 AM
If Brownwood fans have to eat crow, we Carthage fans need to clear our things from the table b/c we had a plate in the oven also.

It was an honor to be there in person last night. I will no longer refer to Shipley as "Shipley". He is now Mr. Shipley.

Anyone who expected a blowout either way doesn't know much about football.

Lastly, who in the heck was left in charge of watching Brownsville? They brought the whole town.

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by ctown81
If Brownwood fans have to eat crow, we Carthage fans need to clear our things from the table b/c we had a plate in the oven also.

It was an honor to be there in person last night. I will no longer refer to Shipley as "Shipley". He is now Mr. Shipley.

:clap: Welcome to the DL!

oldtownag
12-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by ctown81

Lastly, who in the heck was left in charge of watching Brownsville? They brought the whole town.

Actually, we were playing Brownwood. Brownsville, is in south Texas. I doubt they sent many people to the game.

Old Cardinal
12-12-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm thinking Brownwood Wimberley Sounds really good !!!

reality is that these two teams from Regions II & III got their nose bloodied a number of times in their tough solid Districts; because they had to beat excellent teams to finally win their Regions.
I think these two teams are great representatives to play for the State Championship.

These team had little cocky blabber; but they both have a lot of heart and true skill.