Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    All-American

Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    See what I can do. Be neat to have him come back home and unveil it in person.
    It would be great. Also if he is living in Corpus Christi they should do something for him too.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
    It would be great. Also if he is living in Corpus Christi they should do something for him too.
    Talked to Mike McCracken, the one that did the one on one interview for the Yoakum Herald-Times, and he said Art is sharp, fully alert and still getting around good for being in his 80's. Be a great contribute to this man at this point in his life. Yoakum has a large A&M alumni, maybe they can help out too?
    YnoT us?

Starter

Does anyone know what network channels are showing the Olympics? It usually is 6-8 different ones.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CelinaCatFan View Post
    Does anyone know what network channels are showing the Olympics? It usually is 6-8 different ones.
    NBC Sports

Channel 603 on DirecTV
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

All-American

I think after tonight that besides NBC Sports it will also be carred by the regular NBC network. Please double check your local tv guide.
    Tonight it will be the opening ceremony as well as some more men's soccer coverage. Then the action really starts tomorrow. Go USA!

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

It had been 64 years since London has hosted the Olympics and with the start they have done it may be another 64 years before they get them again if not more. It seems that they provided air conditioners in the apartments for their athletes but failed to do so for their guests showing a lack of preparation, foresight and hospitality. Even Greece did much better 8 years ago.

Phil C Cares!

All-American

A big deal will be made by the British if tonight our flag bearer doesn't dip the flag to the Queen. They should fix the air conditioner problem before they complain about that in my opinion. Twer better if they had chosen Paris instead of London perhaps.

Phil C Cares!

All-American

SPOILER ALERT - Please remember that events occur in England before our prime time at night (7 P.M. - 10 P.M.) and results are known so if you don't want to know them before they are shown in the evening you may want to omit this web site. Remember England is six hours ahead of our time.

So much coverage happening and so many events and I am behind in reporting.

Michael Phelps has got one silver medal and needs one more time to tie the record and two more to get ahead. He has five more chances to get at least two of them.

Phil C Cares!

All-American

Administrator should enable spoiler tags.

All-American

Gymnastics should be interesting this year. I don't like subjective judging because it is unfair. I have seen them be inconsistent on basically the same mistakes. What is does is give one excessive decutions and inflated scores. Also you get a crooked judge or one that has been bribed then it really creates unfairl caos. Consistency and fairness is strived for but unfortunately it isn't always obtained.

Phil C Cares!

The all-around gymnastics placement is a bust! The USA should have at least three in the mix, how can you only put two from each country when it should be the top 24 regardless of where they're from?
    Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledgehammer!

Congratulations to Granbury's Dana Vollmer on her gold medal and world record!
    Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledgehammer!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by defense51 View Post
    Congratulations to Granbury's Dana Vollmer on her gold medal and world record!
    Thank you defense51. That is great information. I didn't know she was from Granbury much less Texas so that makes her win even sweeter. Well done Dana!

Phil C Cares!

Social media is killing the Olympics for me! I try to stay away during the day but there's no getting around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck93 View Post
    Social media is killing the Olympics for me! I try to stay away during the day but there's no getting around it.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi