Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Stephenville vs Anchorage (AK) South High 8/29

First game of the season starts with an opponent traveling further away than any other team the Jackets have ever played. A larger school than Stephenville, the Wolverines will come into this game most likely playing further south geographically than any game they have ever played. Will the hot and humid weather be a defying factor in this game? Absolutely it will and especially for the Wolverines. As it will be the warmest climate the Wolverines will have likely ever played in, but rest assured, they will be excited and intense to the challenge. This will be a very good experience for both teams. Season has started and will be officially kicked off next Friday for the 5 time State Champions Stephenville Yellow Jackets. What do we know about the South High Wolverines? We will find out next Friday night! Get ready folks,'Friday night lights are here... Just a few days away.

http://sawolverines.com
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    First game of the season starts with an opponent traveling further away than any other team the Jackets have ever played. A larger school than Stephenville, the Wolverines will come into this game most likely playing further south geographically than any game they have ever played. Will the hot and humid weather be a defying factor in this game? Absolutely it will and especially for the Wolverines. As it will be the warmest climate the Wolverines will have likely ever played in, but rest assured, they will be excited and intense to the challenge. This will be a very good experience for both teams. Season has started and will be officially kicked off next Friday for the 5 time State Champions Stephenville Yellow Jackets. What do we know about the South High Wolverines? We will find out next Friday night! Get ready folks,'Friday night lights are here... Just a few days away.

http://sawolverines.com
    And will be more than likely a blowout for the ville against a bunch of guys who are better ice fishermen, snowmobilers, and Iditarod dog mushers.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprocker View Post
    And will be more than likely a blowout for the ville against a bunch of guys who are better ice fishermen, snowmobilers, and Iditarod dog mushers.
    LOL. Totally agree. Ville by 40. Unless it snows, then by 35. If Sarah Palin comes, let me know, I'd like to see her.
    YnoT us?

Practice Squad

I bet anchorage boys can grow some beards though.. Get some of that.

Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    LOL. Totally agree. Ville by 40. Unless it snows, then by 35. If Sarah Palin comes, let me know, I'd like to see her.
    ....did you mean "I'd like to seed her"???....

Junior Varsity

Jackets will beat the Breaks off them Boys.
    Godley Wildcat Football

All-American

At least they're the school on the south side of town. Shortens the distance a bit.

Gilmer's hospital just announced it was closing. I hope the one in Stephenville is still open and ready to accept all the "heat stroke" victims.

http://nationalhsfootball.com/2014/0...-stephenville/

Practice Squad

After looking at their team page, it looks like them Alaska boys have some good size. However since they spelled Stephenville wrong on the schedule I don't think they have done enough homework. I'm a little concerned about them already playing two games, but I doubt they face very many spread teams up there. Had we not lost to Mexico in 2012 we might have taken this game too lightly. You can count on Coach G having these Jackets fired up. Our cans are dusted off and its gonna be loud this Friday in the Ville.....and hot!

All-American

Those Anchorage boys will be tough. After putting up with mosquitoes all summer they will enjoy the dry heat of West Texas. This will be their third game so they should be getting it together by now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    At least they're the school on the south side of town. Shortens the distance a bit.

Gilmer's hospital just announced it was closing. I hope the one in Stephenville is still open and ready to accept all the "heat stroke" victims.

http://nationalhsfootball.com/2014/0...-stephenville/
    Wolverines will be fortunate that a cold front is forecasted for Friday. The high will be 91 degrees! It hasn't gotten over 61 degrees in Anchorage the week.

Even Fort Laurderdale had issues with the heat last year. I don't see the Alaskans handling this weather very well. Hopefully for the players safety they have been training in a controlled heated facility! Otherwise, heat exhaustion will be a risk.

STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

All-American
    Blog Entries

I don't expect those Wolverines with an enrollment of over 1700 have any idea what they'll be up against playing smaller classification schools from Texas in football, haha. Heck, they'd probably have trouble with an East Bernard or Cisco, much less Stephenville. I believe they done went and chewed off a bit more than they realized here, lol. Now maybe they could give somebody like Perryton out in the much "cooler" climate of the Panhandle a whirl, but we won't ever know. Looks like the Yellowjackets backups better get ready for a lot of minutes in the 2nd half.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Blog Entries

Soph RB for Sville should have a field day

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/A...15/3015634.JPG

STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

Watch the second half of the North Texas vs Ball State game from last season. Played in Denton on a September Saturday afternoon. If there ever was a team that melted in the second half. from the Texas heat ... Ball State.

According to their schedule they play Stephensville, not Stephenville.

Seriously, why do so many people want to add an S to it?

I am sometimes mistaken, but I am never wrong.

People who buys Macs are stupid.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

This will be the Fox Sports Southwest DQ Big Game of the Week.

It won't be 60-0. I heard they have a pretty solid defense but struggle to put up points.
    They have played 2 games already so they also might be a little more polished than most week 0 opponents.
    I think Stephenville (and the heat, even if it is only in the low 90's) eventually win out, but it might be a little closer than what people think.