Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-American

Default 2012 Olympics Updates

This year they will be in London until August 12th. The opening ceremony is this Friday. You can watch it live or prime time on NBC Sports. Please check your tv guide for coverage.

Competition has started today and right now our Women's Soccer Team is playing France in an effort to defend the gold they won in China. We aren't doing a good job and after 18 minutes we trail 2-0. A big blow to us if we lost this one.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

USA is fighting back to get a goal at the 23rd minute and it is now France 2 USA 1.

Isn't it great to have the Olympics and the Tour de France to get us through the difficult period before football season?

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

GOAL! USA's Alex Morgan scores the typing goal as it is now 2 all.

But France just barely hits a shot over the cross bar. A warning to the USA with 8 minutes till halftime if they thought all the momentum was all their's.

Phil C Cares!

All-American

Half time and still tied at 2 all. Both sides had chances to score but didn't. Still USA is fortunate to be tied at this point and hopefully they can score enough to win the game the second half.

Phil C Cares!

Usa!!!
    Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledgehammer!

All-American

Today they will be televising Men's Soccer. Since the USA is not in it I won't be watching but it is on for those interested.

Phil C Cares!

All-American

Administrator should enable spoiler tags.

All-American

Gymnastics should be interesting this year. I don't like subjective judging because it is unfair. I have seen them be inconsistent on basically the same mistakes. What is does is give one excessive decutions and inflated scores. Also you get a crooked judge or one that has been bribed then it really creates unfairl caos. Consistency and fairness is strived for but unfortunately it isn't always obtained.

Phil C Cares!

The all-around gymnastics placement is a bust! The USA should have at least three in the mix, how can you only put two from each country when it should be the top 24 regardless of where they're from?

Congratulations to Granbury's Dana Vollmer on her gold medal and world record!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by defense51 View Post
    Congratulations to Granbury's Dana Vollmer on her gold medal and world record!
    Thank you defense51. That is great information. I didn't know she was from Granbury much less Texas so that makes her win even sweeter. Well done Dana!

Phil C Cares!