PDA

View Full Version : Region I GotW: Abilene Wylie @ Brownwood

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

garciap77
10-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Is that Garcia holding Wylies casket? Hell he even sees the upcoming doom.

In all honesty, our soph Qb worries me. If we had Graylon back right now I'd say we would win. Without him, I'm a bit troubled.

BEAST

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Garcianator232.jpg

Rocket
10-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
Gonna have to change his screen name to Looking4number8inanotherdistrictthatdoesn'tinclude AbileneWylie.

What in the world does the District have to do with winning a State Championship?

Daddy D 11
10-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
What in the world does the District have to do with winning a State Championship?

Everything.

LE Dad
10-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Garcianator232.jpg :clap: :clap: He's BACK!!

TheDOCTORdre
10-05-2009, 09:58 PM
There is a big difference. Experience. Wylie has an experience factor over Brownwood. They also have longevity with their coach and his system. This was Brownwood's 2nd (varsity) game of the season for alot of the players on the field and also executing Shipley's gameplan for the 2nd Time. Defensively? Brownwood dominated La Vega.

You are right about a normal WR not being a factor if the QB has no time to throw. Shipley is a TRUE D1 WR. You ever heard of a screen pass? LOL How about the shotgun? Go ahead and rush that Wylie DLine up in there, they will pay dearly. I really don't think Sandifer and Company share your thoughts on Shipley not being a factor. LOL

So Wylies experience should still be a factor in this game, I mean this is only gonna be Brownwoods 6th game under their new staff and when you factor in the injuries they have incurred throughout the season they're must still be kinks to be worked out, so that +1 for Wylie.

Defensively their is no doubt that Brownwood dominated LV, but nowhere near the domination that Wylie had against LV, so thats another +1 for Wylie,

As far as Shipley goes, yeah I'll admit I got carried away in saying he will be a non factor, but one man can not carry a team, Ship will get his, your right he is a DI WR no doubt but I just dont see it being enough...i may be wrong, I have a history of being wrong every now and then I just wanted to give my perspective actually using a common denominator in Waco LV. It'll be a good game no doubt but I just think AW has too much.

Rocket
10-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
So Wylies experience should still be a factor in this game, I mean this is only gonna be Brownwoods 6th game under their new staff and when you factor in the injuries they have incurred throughout the season they're must still be kinks to be worked out, so that +1 for Wylie.

Defensively their is no doubt that Brownwood dominated LV, but nowhere near the domination that Wylie had against LV, so thats another +1 for Wylie,

As far as Shipley goes, yeah I'll admit I got carried away in saying he will be a non factor, but one man can not carry a team, Ship will get his, your right he is a DI WR no doubt but I just dont see it being enough...i may be wrong, I have a history of being wrong every now and then I just wanted to give my perspective actually using a common denominator in Waco LV. It'll be a good game no doubt but I just think AW has too much.

When you have a big threat WR that can go to the house ANYTIME he touches the ball in a matter of seconds, I would say that is a BIG factor. Roy Williams when he played for Permian usually had a stat line like 3 catches for 175 yards and 2 TD's. Oh and Shipley is playing 3A Cornerbacks.

You are right about the experience factor. I said that. And comparing what one team does to this team and that team to another is really pointless on saying who will do what 3-4 weeks later.

They will play the game and we shall see.

Rocket
10-05-2009, 10:30 PM
http://brownwoodlions.com/myspace/rockeeiv.jpg

BEAST
10-05-2009, 10:36 PM
http://brownwoodlions.com/myspace/rockeeiv.jpg

As far as pics go, that is game, set, match.

BEAST

LE Dad
10-05-2009, 11:09 PM
When you have a big threat WR that can go to the house ANYTIME he touches the ball in a matter of seconds,
Exactly how many times has Shipley touched the ball:confused: :confused:

garciap77
10-06-2009, 07:42 AM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/cheer.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)Go Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/cheer.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Wylie 28 Brownwood 24

BwdLions
10-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by awylie8
Bulldogs slow running onto the field--- I did not know that there was a rule that you had to run. Team comes out slow and then breaks into a run as a show of unity. It's awesome, you should try it. ( WEAK point BwdLions )
Looking around while National Anthem being played--- They were probably looking at the flyover from Dyess AFB. We try to make a huge production prior to kickoff, oops didn't mean to step on any toes. By the way, do you still have your little cartoon carnival show on your little mini-tron where you try to intimidate the visiting team by showing your (LOL) previous game highlights. Funny stuff!!!!

Hey awylie8, are you in junior high or what? My post was a joke. Grow up man (I mean kid).

Rocket
10-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Exactly how many times has Shipley touched the ball:confused: :confused:

He was limited last Friday and had close to 100 yards and a TD.

hollywood
10-06-2009, 08:37 AM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/cheer.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)Go Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/cheer.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Wylie 28 Brownwood 24

Brownwood 35 Wylie 20 :thumbsup:

Keys:
Offense- Lion's OL must give QB time to execute. Running game will be a factor to keep Wylie's D guessing.
Defense- Lion's D will be the best Wylie has faced so far. Lots of big plays for the Lions on this side of the ball.

95mustang
10-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
Keys:
Offense- Lion's OL must give QB time to execute. Running game will be a factor to keep Wylie's D guessing.
Defense- Lion's D will be the best Wylie has faced so far. Lots of big plays for the Lions on this side of the ball.

agreed.

Rocket
10-06-2009, 08:43 AM

Keys:

This may be true when running some of our offense, but the system will allow for passes to keep that DLine off balance and to expose them. Go ahead and send the house, Wylie will pay dearly.

After that happens a couple of times, the Wylie DLine will be more conservative giving our QB the time he needs.

hollywood
10-06-2009, 08:49 AM
This may be true when running some of our offense, but the system will allow for passes to keep that DLine off balance and to expose them. Go ahead and send the house, Wylie will pay dearly.

After that happens a couple of times, the Wylie DLine will be more conservative giving our QB the time he needs. Wylie has no idea what's about to happen and I can't wait.

Bullaholic
10-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Wylie has no idea what's about to happen and I can't wait.

Confidence in your team is a good thing.....I'll bet that Sandifer is aware of just about everything Brownwood does well and not so well after 2 weeks of preparation. We shall see.

hollywood
10-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Exactly how many times has Shipley touched the ball:confused: :confused: Not enough! Plenty of touches to come.;)

Rocket
10-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Confidence in your team is a good thing.....I'll bet that Sandifer is aware of just about everything Brownwood does well and not so well after 2 weeks of preparation. We shall see.

Execution destroys all that preparation. Unless he has video from every game, he won't be prepared. I have seen Brownwood run 2 different offenses the 2 different games I saw them play and both without Shipley, which will add a totally new dynamic. He can do his best to guess, but Shipley is as good a chessmaster or better than Ol' Hughey.

Who gave Southlake Carroll their first district loss in 100 years? Shipley... last season.

hollywood
10-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Confidence in your team is a good thing.....I'll bet that Sandifer is aware of just about everything Brownwood does well and not so well after 2 weeks of preparation. We shall see. We shall see. True that Sandifer has been preparing and trying to get an idea in the last 2 weeks. He may have something for this game we haven't seen yet. But do you really think that Shipley has exposed all... nope. It will be interesting to see how Wylie reacts to the unknown.

OldBison75
10-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Rocket must be about 8 feet tall and have really bushy hair with all the fertilizer he spreads from his posts.

I love the fact he supports his team so strongly, but the only meaningful thing he has said this year is the Brownwood defense is much improved.

Brownwood was one of my picks for the surprise team of this year and they are making me look good so far. If they can beat AW this week, they will make me look really smart. HOWEVER, nobody has ever accused me of being really smart, so that works against Brownwood.

My take on the game is that it will be a war with both teams scoring alot of points. The Brownwood offense will score at least 28, but the Wylie Offense will score a few more and the Wylie defense will make the one big stop in the fourth quarter that turns the game in thier favor. NO OFFENSE ROCKET--BUT I HAVE TO GO WITH THE WYLIE MACHINE THAT HAS RUN THE SAME WAY FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND SELDOM FALTERS. MAYBE bROWNWOOD WILL GET THE MACHINE BACK ON A REGULAR SCHEDULE AND BE A FACTOR IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS ON A REGULAR BASIS.

95mustang
10-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Execution destroys all that preparation. Unless he has video from every game, he won't be prepared. I have seen Brownwood run 2 different offenses the 2 different games I saw them play and both without Shipley, which will add a totally new dynamic. He can do his best to guess, but Shipley is as good a chessmaster or better than Ol' Hughey.

They have also lined up in 2 different defenses.

Rocket
10-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Rocket must be about 8 feet tall and have really bushy hair with all the fertilizer he spreads from his posts.

I love the fact he supports his team so strongly, but the only meaningful thing he has said this year is the Brownwood defense is much improved.

Brownwood was one of my picks for the surprise team of this year and they are making me look good so far. If they can beat AW this week, they will make me look really smart. HOWEVER, nobody has ever accused me of being really smart, so that works against Brownwood.

My take on the game is that it will be a war with both teams scoring alot of points. The Brownwood offense will score at least 28, but the Wylie Offense will score a few more and the Wylie defense will make the one big stop in the fourth quarter that turns the game in thier favor. NO OFFENSE ROCKET--BUT I HAVE TO GO WITH THE WYLIE MACHINE THAT HAS RUN THE SAME WAY FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND SELDOM FALTERS. MAYBE bROWNWOOD WILL GET THE MACHINE BACK ON A REGULAR SCHEDULE AND BE A FACTOR IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS ON A REGULAR BASIS.

If you look real close, there are some bright spots among my posts. But yeah, you are right, they are full of crap. LOL

No offense taken. Why would you be any different? Only the true Brownwood fans that follow the team know what's going on in Brownwood. This game will show us where we are or where we need to be, but I would say if this game was being played the final week, our chances would be that much greater. Is Wylie beatable? YES and Brownwood is very capable. We saw how many big plays they gave up against Canyon and you know Shipley did too. ;)

Brownwood is playing as the underdog and I like that. Wylie is due a BIG letdown. Either way, after this game, we both take care of business in District and get better and represent District 2-3A in the Quest for State.

OldBison75
10-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Well, on one hand I would like for Brownwood to make me look smart, since that is not my strong personality trait. On the other, I am somewhat of a believer that programs such as Wylie are very hard to beat and even harder to outsmart. If you beat them it will be your athletes lining up and whipping them. not by tricks and smoke and mirrors. I think that Brownwood has the type athletes to play with any team in 3A--the key is can they match the four quarter consistency that Wylie normally puts on the field?

Friday night will probably put great clarity to the Regional playoffs and establish the odds on favorite for the regional championship.

Bullaholic
10-06-2009, 09:23 AM

Who gave Southlake Carroll their first district loss in 100 years? Shipley... last season.

Both men are excellent coaches, I think any longtime follower of Texas HS football knows that. Rocket, I think you pen your hopes on a lot of your posts, hoping that some of these things you say about the opposition are true and that's fine with me, because I think you really do love highschool football that much.

I am sure that Coach Shipley will have Brownwood prepared for this game---he has proven himself to be that kind of coach.

I have seen some Coach Sandifer coached Wylie teams in several playoff games in past years, and I can only assure you that he will not be surprised or unable to adjust to anything he might encounter from a coaching standpoint. I have always been tremendously impressed with his ability to get his players to execute with a high degree of success under pressure and the discipline that he has instilled in his players to achieve this. IMO, he is one of those really good coaches whose teams that you literally have to "beat" to win---he doesn't beat himself much.

Rocket
10-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Well, on one hand I would like for Brownwood to make me look smart, since that is not my strong personality trait. On the other, I am somewhat of a believer that programs such as Wylie are very hard to beat and even harder to outsmart. If you beat them it will be your athletes lining up and whipping them. not by tricks and smoke and mirrors. I think that Brownwood has the type athletes to play with any team in 3A--the key is can they match the four quarter consistency that Wylie normally puts on the field?

Friday night will probably put great clarity to the Regional playoffs and establish the odds on favorite for the regional championship.

Brownwood is a STRONG 2nd half team. They are built this way. If the score is close at halftime, I will have a big smile on my face.

Rocket
10-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Both men are excellent coaches, I think any longtime follower of Texas HS football knows that. Rocket, I think you pen your hopes on a lot of your posts, hoping that some of these things you say about the opposition are true and that's fine with me, because I think you really do love highschool football that much.

I am sure that Coach Shipley will have Brownwood prepared for this game---he has proven himself to be that kind of coach.

I have seen some Coach Sandifer coached Wylie teams in several playoff games in past years, and I can only assure you that he will not be surprised or unable to adjust to anything he might encounter from a coaching standpoint. I have always been tremendously impressed with his ability to get his players to execute with a high degree of success under pressure and the discipline that he has instilled in his players to achieve this. IMO, he is one of those really good coaches whose teams that you literally have to "beat" to win---he doesn't beat himself much.

He will be able to adjust, but those adjustments are going to allow us to adjust and hurt 'em other places. If Shipley was the only player we had that was worth a crap, it wouldn't matter. You could double or triple him all night and shut us down. But that is simply not the case.

I am sure they will be putting heavy pressure on our QB and doubling Shipley or even hiding coverages and that is all good and fine. But this will make for easy reads other places and many other ways to hurt Wylie. It is going to cost Wylie ALOT to stop Shipley. It will cost them 35 points minimum.

Bullaholic
10-06-2009, 09:54 AM
He will be able to adjust, but those adjustments are going to allow us to adjust and hurt 'em other places. If Shipley was the only player we had that was worth a crap, it wouldn't matter. You could double or triple him all night and shut us down. But that is simply not the case.

I am sure they will be putting heavy pressure on our QB and doubling Shipley or even hiding coverages and that is all good and fine. But this will make for easy reads other places and many other ways to hurt Wylie. It is going to cost Wylie ALOT to stop Shipley. It will cost them 35 points minimum.

As usual, Rocket---you don't have a gun....but you are just 'killing' me. :D

Gobbla2001
10-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Abilene Wylie by 35+

hollywood
10-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Abilene Wylie by 35+
You must be :smoker: some good crap down south. You lookin' for a turkey call or something?

95mustang
10-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Abilene Wylie by 35+

:rolleyes:

LE Dad
10-06-2009, 10:32 AM
I am sure they will be putting heavy pressure on our QB and doubling Shipley or even hiding coverages and that is all good and fine. But this will make for easy reads other places and many other ways to hurt Wylie Rocket have you ever heard of zone or matchup zone or even better man with over the top zone. If you are running the spread the chances are slim you will see any double coverage. The chances are great that Wylie will zone blitz the hell out of you. I would expect them to play in nickel, if not dime packages most of the night unless Bwd is able to seriously hurt them with the QB run or zone read. If Wylie has a well disciplined secondary; then this game should be more about Brownwoods run game than the pass game. It will be Brownwoods ability to run that will open up the passing.:thinking:

LE Dad
10-06-2009, 10:41 AM

Keys:
Defense- Lion's D will be the best Wylie has faced so far. Lots of big plays for the Lions on this side of the ball. :2thumbsup That ball bounces funny. If a couple more bounce to Bwd:confused: you could be right:D

pirate4state
10-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Rocket have you ever heard of zone or matchup zone or even better man with over the top zone. If you are running the spread the chances are slim you will see any double coverage. The chances are great that Wylie will zone blitz the hell out of you. I would expect them to play in nickel, if not dime packages most of the night unless Bwd is able to seriously hurt them with the QB run or zone read. If Wylie has a well disciplined secondary; then this game should be more about Brownwoods run game than the pass game. It will be Brownwoods ability to run that will open up the passing.:thinking: OY! It's only Tuesday. No football talk allowed. :tisk:

LE Dad
10-06-2009, 10:49 AM
nm

RedWhiteBlue
10-06-2009, 10:55 AM
I was just wondering.... how long did the starters stay in against Manor? Did they play the whole game?

Rocket
10-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Rocket have you ever heard of zone or matchup zone or even better man with over the top zone. If you are running the spread the chances are slim you will see any double coverage. The chances are great that Wylie will zone blitz the hell out of you. I would expect them to play in nickel, if not dime packages most of the night unless Bwd is able to seriously hurt them with the QB run or zone read. If Wylie has a well disciplined secondary; then this game should be more about Brownwoods run game than the pass game. It will be Brownwoods ability to run that will open up the passing.:thinking:

Pick your poison. Shipley will do major damage.

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 10:58 AM
It's awesome how Brownwood had the worst D in all of 3A last year practically, and now they've got the best!

What a turnaround! :eek: :thinking:

BwdLions
10-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
It's awesome how Brownwood had the worst D in all of 3A last year practically, and now they've got the best!

It amazing me that you're still alive.

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
It amazing me that you're still alive. Alive?

Rocket
10-06-2009, 11:07 AM

What a difference a year can make. I have said this 100 times. Everything is new about this season. Quit looking back at last season. LOL

Brownwood is 4-1 after missing their #1 WR (probably in the state) and losing their QB among other players for several games.

Brownwood is playing good football.

hollywood
10-06-2009, 11:07 AM

What a turnaround! :eek: :thinking: Who said the Lions have the best?

Rocket
10-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
I was just wondering.... how long did the starters stay in against Manor? Did they play the whole game?

2.5 Quarters-ish

Rocket
10-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Who said the Lions have the best?

Move the Chains. Wasn't anybody from Brownwood.

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Who said the Lions have the best? Rocket. He thinks Brownwood is the best at everything..... yes, even defense.

Rocket
10-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Rocket. He thinks Brownwood is the best at everything..... yes, even defense.

Really? So now you are telling me what I think? You must be a woman.

Can we beat Wylie? Sure. Doesn't mean we are the best at everything.

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Really? So now you are telling me what I think? You must be a woman. Well, you do atleast think Brownwood has the best D Wylie has played so far, or will play this season. That's still quite the transformation from the worst D Wylie played all of last year! :clap:

Rocket
10-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Well, you do atleast think Brownwood has the best D Wylie has played so far, or will play this season. That's still quite the transformation from the worst D Wylie played all of last year! :clap:

I do? Did I say that?

95mustang
10-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Well, you do atleast think Brownwood has the best D Wylie has played so far, or will play this season. That's still quite the transformation from the worst D Wylie played all of last year! :clap:

Saying that Brownwood has the best D Wylie has faced is a long way from saying that Brownwood has the best D in the state.

TheDOCTORdre
10-06-2009, 11:25 AM
What a difference a year can make. I have said this 100 times. Everything is new about this season. Quit looking back at last season. LOL

quit looking back at last season, good advice...from the one who posts "2-1 little brother" :D

TheDOCTORdre
10-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Abilene Wylie by 35+

hey I didnt know Brownwood was playing Stephenville

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 11:29 AM
hey I didnt know Brownwood was playing Stephenville LOL :clap:

ccmom
10-06-2009, 11:38 AM
On the flipside...has Brownwood faced a defense as good as Wylie's?? Just asking...

Rocket
10-06-2009, 11:40 AM
hey I didnt know Brownwood was playing Stephenville

The team that played Stephenville is not the same team that Wylie is playing Friday night. Trust me on that.

Rocket
10-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
On the flipside...has Brownwood faced a defense as good as Wylie's?? Just asking...

Probably not.

TheDOCTORdre
10-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Probably not. But we haven't had Shipley either.

So as far as you know Rocket what percentage is Shipley at? Is he 100% going into friday?

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Hey Rocket, can we get a preview of the excuses coming Friday night?

So and so was hurt, no Shipley, bad calls by the refs, we fumbled in the red zone, etc?

RedWhiteBlue
10-06-2009, 11:52 AM
I don't deal in excuses. I deal in truth.

Rocket told me that he doesn't use excuses- he just states the facts.....:confused: :thinking: :rolleyes:

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Rocket told me that he doesn't use excuses- he just states the facts.....:confused: :thinking: :rolleyes: Facts can be used as excuses.

BEAST
10-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Shipley is good to go in all aspects. Is he 100%? I dont know. He is as close to it as anyone can get. As for excuses, I have said all along I would feel much better about this game if we had Graylon back at Qb. I have made no bones about that at all. But, we dont. We have a promising 15 year old soph. thats is getting better every week. That is fact. If we get good play from him, our odds are good. If he gets rattled and throws some picks or fumbles our odds go down fast. That is not an excuse, that is part of the game, it is also the 100% truth.

BEAST

RedWhiteBlue
10-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Facts can be used as excuses.

Yep, they can.... over and over and over and over- you get the idea.:D

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Shipley is good to go in all aspects. Is he 100%? I dont know. He is as close to it as anyone can get. As for excuses, I have said all along I would feel much better about this game if we had Graylon back at Qb. I have made no bones about that at all. But, we dont. We have a promising 15 year old soph. thats is getting better every week. That is fact. If we get good play from him, our odds are good. If he gets rattled and throws some picks or fumbles our odds go down fast. That is not an excuse, that is part of the game, it is also the 100% truth.

BEAST Your excuses aren't as fun to read as Rocket's. :p

garciap77
10-06-2009, 12:06 PM
If you look real close, there are some bright spots among my posts. But yeah, you are right, they are full of crap. LOL

No offense taken. Why would you be any different? Only the true Brownwood fans that follow the team know what's going on in Brownwood. This game will show us where we are or where we need to be, but I would say if this game was being played the final week, our chances would be that much greater. Is Wylie beatable? YES and Brownwood is very capable. We saw how many big plays they gave up against Canyon and you know Shipley did too. ;)

Brownwood is playing as the underdog and I like that. Wylie is due a BIG letdown. Either way, after this game, we both take care of business in District and get better and represent District 2-3A in the Quest for State.

Are you sure Wylie is not the underdog? Just saying!:D

WylieBulldog92
10-06-2009, 12:16 PM
The team that played Stephenville is not the same team that Wylie is playing Friday night. Trust me on that.
Can I see the different roster?

Rocket
10-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Are you sure Wylie is not the underdog? Such saying!:D

We will see soon enough.

garciap77
10-06-2009, 12:18 PM

Stephenville 35 Brownwood 0! :confused:

That's hard to believe! :D

;)

LE Dad
10-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Wow! It is great to see a Brownwood thread with actual football related posts.:clap: :clap:

I give Brownwood a chance to win this one. I think Wylie ultimately will, but it is football and 1 million things can happen. Brownwood will defiantly have to show the ability to run and not turn over the ball. Wylie will need to control field position and make their drives long and end in 7. Quick scores by Brownwood will do great harm.

:( Sorry P4S, I know it is only Tuesday but I figured I better get a football post in while I could .

:D

Rocket
10-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Hey Rocket, can we get a preview of the excuses coming Friday night?

So and so was hurt, no Shipley, bad calls by the refs, we fumbled in the red zone, etc?

Well , if we lose our QB, Shipley, and #2 WR, and RB, and LB (leading tackler), and FS, and then we pull most of our starters, then Wylie will probably beat us like Stephenville did. Also, if a ref makes a call like he did last season where he gives you the ball on the 20 after a "fumble" after the whistle blows, that can really turn a game as well. There are several excuses that are possible, we just have to see once the game is over.

Rocket
10-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Another factor you guys aren't thinking about is home field advantage. Wylie is great at home. They beat their 2 toughest opponents at home. Gordon Wood Stadium can be a tough place to win for visiting teams and you can best believe Brownwood is going to be jacked up for this one.

garciap77
10-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Well , if we lose our QB, Shipley, and #2 WR, and RB, and LB (leading tackler), and FS then Wylie will probably beat us like Stephenville did. Also, if a ref makes a call like he did last season where he gives you the ball on the 20 after a "fumble" after the whistle blows, that can really turn a game as well. There are several excuses that are possible, we just have to see once the game is over.

Now, that's the Rocket we know and love!:D :D :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

WylieBulldog92
10-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Rocket acts like his team is fragile and the players are always hurt while everyone elses are invincible and haven't suffered an injury this season.

garciap77
10-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Another factor you guys aren't thinking about is home field advantage. Wylie is great at home. They beat their 2 toughest opponents at home. Gordon Wood Stadium can be a tough place to win for visiting teams and you can best believe Brownwood is going to be jacked up for this one.

You are right about that! But, Wylie is the one who is going to be doing the jack up!:D

:p

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 12:32 PM
And you best believe Brownwood is going to get jacked up in this one, by Wylie of course. Wow! An honest post from Rocket. :clap:

Rocket
10-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Rocket is my daddy.

And one by you...

Rocket
10-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
Rocket acts like his team is fragile and the players are always hurt while everyone elses are invincible and haven't suffered an injury this season.

Really? How many times has Wylie lost that many players in one game?

Gobbla2001
10-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
:rolleyes:

What? You got a freakin' problem with my prediction, which is probably the most accurate?

Okay... Brownwood by 35+ :D

95mustang
10-06-2009, 12:49 PM
What? You got a freakin' problem with my prediction, which is probably the most accurate?

Okay... Brownwood by 35+ :D

NO problem here. Obviously you have it all figured out or maybe you don't. I see you changed your mind. I don't think either team will win by 35+. Both teams have proven they have good defenses. Both teams have good offenses. It will definitely be a battle on the field, but neither team will be 35+ points better than the other.

Gobbla2001
10-06-2009, 12:54 PM
NO problem here. Obviously you have it all figured out or maybe you don't. I see you changed your mind. I don't think either team will win by 35+. Both teams have proven they have good defenses. Both teams have good offenses. It will definitely be a battle on the field, but neither team will be 35+ points better than the other.

Hmmm... you make a great point... about me having it all figured out...

AW by 35+

RedWhiteBlue
10-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Well , if we lose our QB, Shipley, and #2 WR, and RB, and LB (leading tackler), and FS, and then we pull most of our starters, then Wylie will probably beat us like Stephenville did. Also, if a ref makes a call like he did last season where he gives you the ball on the 20 after a "fumble" after the whistle blows, that can really turn a game as well. There are several excuses that are possible, we just have to see once the game is over.

So, you are mulling over what excuses you are planning on using....:rolleyes::doh:

Rocket
10-06-2009, 12:58 PM
So, you are mulling over what excuses you are planning on using....:rolleyes::doh:

Just possible ones, IF we lose. Anything can happen. I am sure I will take notes as the game progresses.

I listed 2 TRUTHS that have affected the outcome of 2 games we have lost in the past.

95mustang
10-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Hmmm... you make a great point... about me having it all figured out...

AW by 35+

I see you changed your mind again or maybe you are just having a hard time remembering your last prediction. :D

hollywood
10-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Saying that Brownwood has the best D Wylie has faced is a long way from saying that Brownwood has the best D in the state. Exactly my point.

Daddy D 11
10-06-2009, 01:01 PM
I am sure I will take notes as the game progresses.

:clap: That made me laugh.

RedWhiteBlue
10-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Just possible ones, IF we lose. Anything can happen. I am sure I will take notes as the game progresses.

I listed 2 TRUTHS that I have affected the outcome of 2 games we have lost in the past.

Its nice to have the ability to go back and 'edit' posts, isn't it??:D

wtxfootball08
10-06-2009, 02:01 PM
It's weird because I graduated in 08 from clyde and it seemed like everyone hated wylie but I have only missed two of there games so far this year and now I'm becoming a fan. Anyways my question is knowing that wylie is as good as usual, how does brownwood match up because I have not kept up with them this year, and I am planning on making the drive to Brownwood to attend the game Friday.

garciap77
10-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by wtxfootball08
It's weird because I graduated in 08 from clyde and it seemed like everyone hated wylie but I have only missed two of there games so far this year and now I'm becoming a fan. Anyways my question is knowing that wylie is as good as usual, how does brownwood match up because I have not kept up with them this year, and I am planning on making the drive to Brownwood to attend the game Friday.

You make sure you come to the M&G!

injuredinmelee
10-06-2009, 02:26 PM
I was just curious and injured brought it up, not me. I tried to talk mess about the future, but injured didn't like that either. LOL

By the way, nice accomplishments.

http://www.brownwoodlions.com/content/brownwoodrecords/brownwoodplayoff.gif

i didnt bring it up. your the one that said last time an underdog for the next 1.5 seasons... is that what your boy crush has left in his high school career?

injuredinmelee
10-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Really? How many times has Wylie lost that many players in one game?

maybe yall should hit the weight room or stretch better... better yet... grow a pair.

95mustang
10-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
maybe yall should hit the weight room or stretch better... better yet... grow a pair.

Just who are you directing this comment to? Surely it is not towards the young men that were injured.

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 02:42 PM
And one by you... I see what you did there. That's clever. YOU are clever. *In my best sarcastic douchebag voice*

:clap:

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 02:44 PM
maybe yall should hit the weight room or stretch better... better yet... grow a pair. Grow a pair because they got injured? Surely you are not serious? I'll side with Brownwood on this one.

ccmom
10-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Grow a pair because they got injured? Surely you are not serious? I'll side with Brownwood on this one. +1

injuredinmelee
10-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Just who are you directing this comment to? Surely it is not towards the young men that were injured.

not too the young men that got hurt by any means. I just found it hilarious that rocketboy uses it as an excuse.

LE Dad
10-06-2009, 02:49 PM
You make sure you come to the M&G! :p Did somebody say M&G:D

injuredinmelee
10-06-2009, 02:50 PM
wow everyone is so sensitive today. I will try and be more P FREAKIN C with my posts.

TheDOCTORdre
10-06-2009, 02:53 PM
wow everyone is so sensitive today. I will try and be more P FREAKIN C with my posts.

If political correctness offends me, then is it really politically correct?

injuredinmelee
10-06-2009, 02:55 PM
If political correctness offends me, then is it really politically correct?
too deep for me good Dr. On 3 hours sleep in the last 60 hours...

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 03:13 PM
wow everyone is so sensitive today. I will try and be more P FREAKIN C with my posts. Not sensitive. I just honestly didn't think you meant it to come out the way it was perceived.

ccmom
10-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Not sensitive. I just honestly didn't think you meant it to come out the way it was perceived. Yeah...I figured it was just misinterpreted.

Halestorm
10-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Does "The Wood" have a diaper changing station in the Visitors bathroom? It sucks to go all the way back to the truck.

ivchris
10-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Halestorm
Does "The Wood" have a diaper changing station in the Visitors bathroom? It sucks to go all the way back to the truck.

Their whole side is a diaper changing station, haven't you been reading the posts about the refs, injuries, rain....ect......:D

hollywood
10-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Does "The Wood" have a diaper changing station in the Visitors bathroom? It sucks to go all the way back to the truck. Of course. It's being brought in especially for the Wylie fans. First come first serve... get there early before it gets too messy.

injuredinmelee
10-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Of course. It's being brought in especially for the Wylie fans. First come first serve... get there early before it gets too messy. you will only need the facilities if you eat that crap at Underwoods first. Humphrey Petes or Section Hand for me. But the best friend of an ex works at Section Hand I dont want to get the special treatment...

I have seen what really happens (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJEsNjH3JT8)

hollywood
10-06-2009, 04:35 PM
you will only need the facilities if you eat that crap at Underwoods first. Humphrey Petes or Section Hand for me. But the best friend of an ex works at Section Hand I dont want to get the special treatment...

I have seen what really happens (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJEsNjH3JT8) Oh boy... nice. :doh:

Rocket
10-06-2009, 04:51 PM
not too the young men that got hurt by any means. I just found it hilarious that rocketboy uses it as an excuse.

If all of those injuries aren't an excuse for a loss, then what is!

I hate Political Correctness. Just say what you mean and if it offends somebody, good.

1Team 1Dream
10-06-2009, 04:53 PM
There is no excuse. You got beat by a better team. Give it up Rocket.

TheDOCTORdre
10-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by 1Team 1Dream

Welcome to the board

TheDOCTORdre
10-06-2009, 04:54 PM

I hate Political Correctness. Just say what you mean and if it offends somebody, good.

and we have a Rocket post I agree with

Rocket
10-06-2009, 04:55 PM

The Diaper Changing Station is being installed in the Visitor's Locker Room for the dAWgs at halftime. I hope Sandifer has plenty of bulldog huggies ready. ccmom- get your bedazzler ready.

http://www.babyzone.com/upload/BabyBooks/D/D922486D-1-200302041322092107.jpg

hollywood
10-06-2009, 04:57 PM
There is no excuse. You got beat by a better team. Give it up Rocket. A better team as in who was actually on the field. Hello... give me any team that had 6 key starters out including the QB (key), and tell me that they could beat Stephenville. Sheesh :rolleyes:

Rocket
10-06-2009, 05:00 PM

I will never admit Stephenville is better at anything. Maybe cheap shots, that is about it.

1Team 1Dream
10-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Welcome to the board

Thank you.

Rocket
10-06-2009, 05:12 PM
A better team as in who was actually on the field. Hello... give me any team that had 6 key starters out including the QB (key), and tell me that they could beat Stephenville. Sheesh :rolleyes:

These people aren't using their brains at all. They think the score tells the whole story. Nothing else matters. Some have even said one player doesn't make a difference. LOL You can't argue with people that don't use their brains.

The only time the score matters starts this week.

slingshot
10-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Really? How many times has Wylie lost that many players in one game? Last year in the semi's against Prosper--our sideline looked like a MASH unit. Not sure I've ever seen that many injured players in one game, it was a war.

Looking4number8
10-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Posted this on another the weather thread too but check it out. It was taken at Gordon Wood Stadium today.....

Looks like the "Lion Gods" are already showing up, Wylie might as well stay home!!!

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/8126_153211125924_122714435924_3194.jpg

Looking4number8
10-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
Last year in the semi's against Prosper--our sideline looked like a MASH unit. Not sure I've ever seen that many injured players in one game, it was a war.

And how did that game turn out for you?

Rocket
10-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Last year in the semi's against Prosper--our sideline looked like a MASH unit. Not sure I've ever seen that many injured players in one game, it was a war.

Did you lose your QB?

TheDOCTORdre
10-06-2009, 05:30 PM

I think the more important question is did ya'll use it as an excuse?

ccmom
10-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
And how did that game turn out for you? Lost in double OT...of course, the difference between that game and the Brownwood/Stephenville game could quite possibly be that Wylie and Prosper were pretty evenly matched, even with the injuries.

Rocket
10-06-2009, 05:43 PM

LOL Ok let me get this straight. Let's say you meet somebody at a water cooler and you are talking about a football game. One guy knows the team and the other guy doesn't. The one guy that doesn't know the team asks what the score was, the guy that knows the teams says we lost, 35-0. How many people do you know would say "Yeah we just got beat." if the case had been there were actually 6 players injured? No. The guy would have gone on to tell the story of what happened and what affected the outcome of the game. You people are too funny. Does it change the fact the team got beat? NO. The team that played did not have it's best players on the field. It happened and it counts as a loss, but it doesn't truly represent how good that team was.

Art Briles after losing to Brownwood in 1998, "We just ran out of time." That is the best excuse ever! LOL

TheDOCTORdre
10-06-2009, 05:45 PM
LOL Ok let me get this straight. Let's say you meet somebody at a water cooler and you are talking about a football game. One guy knows the team and the other guy doesn't. The one guy that doesn't know the team asks what the score was, the guy that knows the teams says we lost, 35-0. How many people do you know would say "Yeah we just got beat." if the case had been there were actually 6 players injured? No. The guy would have gone on to tell the story of what happened and what affected the outcome of the game. You people are too funny. Does it change the fact the team got beat? NO. The team that played did not have it's best players on the field. It happened and it counts as a loss, but it doesn't truly represent how good that team was.

Art Briles after losing to Brownwood in 1998, "We just ran out of time." That is the best excuse ever! LOL

Rocket you are too easy to get riled up.

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 05:45 PM

Art Briles after losing to Brownwood in 1998, "We just ran out of time." That is the best excuse ever! LOL I know guys who would do that, but not 8 times in the span of 14 games. Just saying. :eek:

Rocket
10-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Lost in double OT...of course, the difference between that game and the Brownwood/Stephenville game could quite possibly be that Wylie and Prosper were pretty evenly matched, even with the injuries.

Brownwood healthy vs. Stephenville healthy would have been a great game. Just wasn't in the cards this year.

OldBison75
10-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Wait a minute, I have just learned something from Rocket, so i will now speak openly about my beliefs. Two years ago the Rattlers would have beaten LH in the Quarterfinals if LH would not have had so many good, strong, fast athletes on the field at the same time. It should have been more evenly matched and they should have had only 6 on the field at a time. I blame the coaches for not insisting that the game be played evenly, even if that meant that some players did not get to play.

Last year against LaVega in the Quarterfinals (probably one of the best games I have seen in a while), it was all the LaVega defense fault that Navasota did not win. They were playing out of our optimal position and fooled our receiver and quarterback into believing we had and open receiver. It was very unprofessional and unsportsmanlike to intercept a pass of the Rattlers. It was also very rude to score in the overtime period and win the game after we played so well. If we had not been so sportsman and dropped a sure interception earlier in regulation we would have won.

FACT IS: In both of these instances the game was decided on the field between the players that were available. We never made any excuse about any of this or about Chris Parr suddenly becoming eligible again. We played what was put before us in both cases and lost both times. But, we learned from those games and we expect to be back in that position again later this year. We plan on winning, but the masses in Navasota will be happy to se the effort and cheer our guys regardless of the outcome of the game. We may be disappointed-but we will still be proud.

Looking4number8
10-06-2009, 05:49 PM

No, I think the excuse I heard from the Wylie guys was a bad call by the refs on weather or not the Prosper guy scored on the two point conversion...

Rocket
10-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Wait a minute, I have just learned something from Rocket, so i will now speak openly about my beliefs. Two years ago the Rattlers would have beaten LH in the Quarterfinals if LH would not have had so many good, strong, fast athletes on the field at the same time. It should have been more evenly matched and they should have had only 6 on the field at a time. I blame the coaches for not insisting that the game be played evenly, even if that meant that some players did not get to play.

Last year against LaVega in the Quarterfinals (probably one of the best games I have seen in a while), it was all the LaVega defense fault that Navasota did not win. They were playing out of our optimal position and fooled our receiver and quarterback into believing we had and open receiver. It was very unprofessional and unsportsmanlike to intercept a pass of the Rattlers. It was also very rude to score in the overtime period and win the game after we played so well. If we had not been so sportsman and dropped a sure interception earlier in regulation we would have won.

FACT IS: In both of these instances the game was decided on the field between the players that were available. We never made any excuse about any of this or about Chris Parr suddenly becoming eligible again. We played what was put before us in both cases and lost both times. But, we learned from those games and we expect to be back in that position again later this year. We plan on winning, but the masses in Navasota will be happy to se the effort and cheer our guys regardless of the outcome of the game. We may be disappointed-but we will still be proud.

You are missing the point. As usual. My point is this and I am going to make it real simple for you:

Do not judge Brownwood on the Stephenville Game. It was not an accurate representation of who this team is.

Dang Bison..you wasted alot of time on that dumb post.

Rocket
10-06-2009, 05:54 PM
No, I think the excuse I heard from the Wylie guys was a bad call by the refs on weather or not the Prosper guy scored on the two point conversion...

:thinking: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

TheDOCTORdre
10-06-2009, 05:55 PM
You are missing the point. As usual. My point is this and I am going to make it real simple for you:

Do not judge Brownwood on the Stephenville Game. It was not an accurate representation of who this team is.

so can we judge them after they lose to Wylie or will their be a reason that Friday wont be an accurate representation of who ya'll are

Rocket
10-06-2009, 05:59 PM
so can we judge them after they lose to Wylie or will their be a reason that Friday wont be an accurate representation of who ya'll are

No you can judge us this week. This game matters. I hope Wylie doesn't lose 6 key players, but if they do, we will let them use the excuse. It won't really matter though. We win.:rolleyes:

OldBison75
10-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Well, I was just pointing out that in the game of football, crap happen and you have to play with what you have. The only way to make it right is for the two teams to decided who has to not play to make the rosters even if one can't play with what they have. Brownwood could not matchup with S'ville because of key injuries, so maybe the rules should have required S'ville to remove the same first team position players from the field. That is a really crappy excuse for losing a game even if it had a huge effect. You, like every other team in football has key injuries and has to play through them--win or lose. I have never seen a team pull all thier starters and "give away" a game because they had too many injuries to compete evenly.

Daddy D 11
10-06-2009, 06:04 PM
I have never seen a team pull all thier starters and "give away" a game because they had too many injuries to compete evenly.

+1

Daddy D 11
10-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Any more info on Shipley let Rocket? He healthy and good to make an impact? Or is he gonna look more like the decoys I throw out on my pond in Zephyr when I wanna kill me some ducks?

Rocket
10-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Well, I was just pointing out that in the game of football, crap happen and you have to play with what you have. The only way to make it right is for the two teams to decided who has to not play to make the rosters even if one can't play with what they have. Brownwood could not matchup with S'ville because of key injuries, so maybe the rules should have required S'ville to remove the same first team position players from the field. That is a really crappy excuse for losing a game even if it had a huge effect. You, like every other team in football has key injuries and has to play through them--win or lose. I have never seen a team pull all thier starters and "give away" a game because they had too many injuries to compete evenly.

1. Do you actually think i care who won that game?
2. I am defending the Brownwood Lions because I know what happened against Stephenville ( A GAME THAT DOESN'T MATTER) doesn't matter.

There is always more to the story. I am not going to say it on here though.

District and playoffs? A whole different story.

Rocket
10-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Any more info on Shipley let Rocket? He healthy and good to make an impact? Or is he gonna look more like the decoys I throw out on my pond in Zephyr when I wanna kill me some ducks?

I heard he was in a body cast this afternoon. Not sure what's going on. Excuse #1 already secured.

TheDOCTORdre
10-06-2009, 06:15 PM
1. Do you actually think i care who won that game?
2. I am defending the Brownwood Lions because I know what happened against Stephenville ( A GAME THAT DOESN'T MATTER) doesn't matter.

District and playoffs? A whole different story.

So by that thought the Wylie /Brownwood series is 1-0 Wylie not 2-1

Rocket
10-06-2009, 06:16 PM
So by that thought the Wylie /Brownwood series is 1-0 Wylie not 2-1

No, 2-1 still applies. Cuz I say so.

OldBison75
10-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Rocket, calm down man--I have already told you that I picked your team to be the surprise of your Region this year and if you beat Wylie this year the rest of the state better look out. But, Jesus, you said you wanted to break a posting record and I thought a little ribbing would help reach that goal. Take a chill pill and get you wedgie adjusted--I won't say anything more.

Rocket
10-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Rocket, calm down man--I have already told you that I picked your team to be the surprise of your Region this year and if you beat Wylie this year the rest of the state better look out. But, Jesus, you said you wanted to break a posting record and I thought a little ribbing would help reach that goal. Take a chill pill and get you wedgie adjusted--I won't say anything more.

Oh you big baby. Fire back! This isn't personal. I can see you can't cut it in the ring of fire.

I know you are a genius. But maybe I take offense to the Surprise comment. I guess it would be a surprise to all of these ignorant 3A fans.

pirate4state
10-06-2009, 06:21 PM
I heard he was in a body cast this afternoon. Not sure what's going on. Excuse #1 already secured. You are ridiculous! Quit making light of Shipley's injury. I hope the young man gets to play, but there isn't any reason to be funny about it. :rolleyes:

TheDOCTORdre
10-06-2009, 06:25 PM
No, 2-1 still applies. Cuz I say so.

very well, it wont matter after Friday though when its 2-2

OldBison75
10-06-2009, 06:27 PM
OK, if that is the way you want it I'll play along.

Brownwood has proven that they can put up points with anyone in 3A so far. Wylie has proven that they can play defense with the best of 3A. Brownwood plays with 11 guys on the field at a time. Wylie plays with 11 guys on the field at a time. Brownwood is playing better defense this year than last. Wylie is playing the same old efficient machine like offense they have for several years. Sounds like a helluva matchup.

Brownwood is playing at home, so that should give them at least 7 points advantage over a neutral site. Wylie is on the road and will give up about 7 points to the home team karma. That means that Brownwood starts 14 points ahead of Wylie. SSSSSSOOOOO the way I figure it, Wylie only wins by three on the scoreboard.

Rocket
10-06-2009, 06:41 PM
OK, if that is the way you want it I'll play along.

Brownwood has proven that they can put up points with anyone in 3A so far. Wylie has proven that they can play defense with the best of 3A. Brownwood plays with 11 guys on the field at a time. Wylie plays with 11 guys on the field at a time. Brownwood is playing better defense this year than last. Wylie is playing the same old efficient machine like offense they have for several years. Sounds like a helluva matchup.

Brownwood is playing at home, so that should give them at least 7 points advantage over a neutral site. Wylie is on the road and will give up about 7 points to the home team karma. That means that Brownwood starts 14 points ahead of Wylie. SSSSSSOOOOO the way I figure it, Wylie only wins by three on the scoreboard.

You all know how I hate to bring up the past. Think about this. Last season, Brownwood's defense was not that good. We gave up like 40 a game and that is just the numbers. We held Wylie's Machine like offense to 31 and made some key stops and forced some turnovers. Wylie's defense (and horrible ref call) kept them in the game, not their offense. With that said, this year's Brownwood defense should really give Wylie's offense some trouble.

If Brownwood can score more points than Wylie, they will win. LOL

Rocket
10-06-2009, 06:43 PM
What's funny is I know Garcia wants Brownwood to win. He wants to see the fury us Brownwood posters are going to unleash on the board.

OldBison75
10-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Rocket, you are about the most diplomatically challenged poster on this board. You just don't even make it fun to banter, using last year and referees and injuries as reason for failure. I really thought you would jump me about the home field advantage being 14 points in BW favor and then saying that with that the Wylie team would only win by 3--making Wylie 17 total points better than BW. I try and try to agitate and all i get is a diplomatic "whichever team scores the most points will win"!!
I think I'll just go over to another thread and try to stir them up.

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 06:52 PM
all of these ignorant 3A fans. moron

OldBison75
10-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Move the Chains-- this statement by Rocket is just like the statement from Forrest Gump with a different word--IGNORANT IS AS IGNORANT DOES!!!!!

slingshot
10-06-2009, 07:06 PM
You all know how I hate to bring up the past. Think about this. Last season, Brownwood's defense was not that good. We gave up like 40 a game and that is just the numbers. We held Wylie's Machine like offense to 31 and made some key stops and forced some turnovers. Wylie's defense (and horrible ref call) kept them in the game, not their offense. With that said, this year's Brownwood defense should really give Wylie's offense some trouble.

If Brownwood can score more points than Wylie, they will win. LOL Hate to break this to you Rock but our 'O' is a lot better than last year. Passing game is similiar but running game is much better. Your better D vs. our better O. Should be good! Problem is I just don't see your O being anywhere near as good as last year's... our D is. Wylie wins.

Rocket
10-06-2009, 07:18 PM
moron

LOL mission accomplished.

Rocket
10-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Rocket, you are about the most diplomatically challenged poster on this board. You just don't even make it fun to banter, using last year and referees and injuries as reason for failure. I really thought you would jump me about the home field advantage being 14 points in BW favor and then saying that with that the Wylie team would only win by 3--making Wylie 17 total points better than BW. I try and try to agitate and all i get is a diplomatic "whichever team scores the most points will win"!!
I think I'll just go over to another thread and try to stir them up.

LOL Too late. You are a Brownwood poster. You are just trying to make people mad now. I am not buying it.

Rocket
10-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Hate to break this to you Rock but our 'O' is a lot better than last year. Passing game is similiar but running game is much better. Your better D vs. our better O. Should be good! Problem is I just don't see your O being anywhere near as good as last year's... our D is. Wylie wins.

Our O is better in a lot of ways. Last year all you had to do is worry about the pass. Not the case this year. You have to worry about the run as well. The Shipley Show...

Rocket
10-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Brownwood has proven that they can put up points with anyone in 3A so far.

Without Shipley.

garciap77
10-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
OMG ROFL! That made me snort laugh! I'm glad no one is in the office with me.

Now, off to finish reading or looking at pictures. :D

I hope you aren't drinking something pirate4state!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/CoachRocketLion-1.jpg

;)

garciap77
10-06-2009, 08:10 PM
The Diaper Changing Station is being installed in the Visitor's Locker Room for the dAWgs at halftime. I hope Sandifer has plenty of bulldog huggies ready. ccmom- get your bedazzler ready.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Rocketindiapers-2.jpg

Dang Rocket! You have put on some weight and grown about 3 foot since last time I saw you! Are the changing Station on the home side bigger?:D

Looking4number8
10-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Daaaaaaaaaaamn Garcia, you are playing hard ball today! remind me to stay buddies with you!

garciap77
10-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Posted this on another the weather thread too but check it out. It was taken at Gordon Wood Stadium today.....

Looks like the "Lion Gods" are already showing up, Wylie might as well stay home!!!

OK!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DeadLions.jpg

Hey L48! Are those brown things in the clouds, dead Lions?:D

;)

garciap77
10-06-2009, 08:30 PM

Looking4number8
10-06-2009, 08:31 PM
OK!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DeadLions.jpg

Hey L48! Are those brown things in the clouds, dead Lions?:D

;)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... you see dead lions I see Lions climbing their way to the top!!!!!!!

LE Dad
10-06-2009, 08:33 PM

Dang Rocket! You have put on some weight and grown about 3 foot since last time I saw you! Are the changing Station on the home side bigger?:D :spitlol: OMG !! That is sooooo funny!! :tongue: :evillol: :evillol:

Rocket
10-06-2009, 08:34 PM
http://www.gamerevolution.com/images/misc/Image/butthead.jpg
Garcia

garciap77
10-06-2009, 08:45 PM
What's funny is I know Garcia wants Brownwood to win. He wants to see the fury us Brownwood posters are going to unleash on the board.

Yes! I want you to win the state title, but not the match vs Wylie! That will never happen. Brownwood is not condition enough to hang with Wylie. Brownwood gets hurt too easy; proven fact! The fury you will unleash on the board will only happen if you win state! If not, then the Rocket Theory will apply!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/TheRocketTheory.jpg

Rocket
10-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Yes! I want you to win the state title, but not the match vs Wylie! That will never happen. Brownwood is not condition enough to hang with Wylie. Brownwood gets hurt too easy; proven fact! The fury you will unleash on the board will only happen if you win state! If not, then the Rocket Theory will apply!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/TheRocketTheory.jpg

Why you bringing up the past garcia? I already knocked you out in Rockee IV!!! The match is over!

Wylie is the team that will be doubled over in the 4th Quarter. You shall see.

garciap77
10-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Why you bringing up the past garcia? I already knocked you out in Rockee IV!!! The match is over!

Wylie is the team that will be doubled over in the 4th Quarter. You shall see.

I'm not bringing up the past! I’m talking about the Rocket Theory!

Rockee IV! Who is bringing up the past now?

It's not over, it just begun!

I'm not like the little Lions that get hurt all the time!

;)

LE Dad
10-06-2009, 09:22 PM

It's not over, it just begun!

;) :D

:evillol: :thumbsup:

Rocket
10-06-2009, 09:24 PM
I'm not bringing up the past! I’m talking about the Rocket Theory!

Listen here! What is the date on the Rocket Theory?

95mustang
10-06-2009, 09:26 PM

:doh: Looks like the past to me.

Gobbla2001
10-06-2009, 09:28 PM
the fact that the rocket theory was even drawn up just cracks me the ever-lovin' hell up...

AW by 27+ (+ includes the number 35)

garciap77
10-06-2009, 09:30 PM

It's is a Theory I'm trying to apply to this season! That's all!:D

Easy Big Boy!

;)

Gobbla2001
10-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Rocket, you seem to have a problem with people taking you seriously... sounds like you need to get the three wolves moon shirt:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ANCwQnIjL._AA280_.jpg

you won't have a problem being taken seriously after being seen in this... but getcha more than one, the ladies will be rippin' 'em off as soon as they see you in it...

garciap77
10-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Rocket, you seem to have a problem with people taking you seriously... sounds like you need to get the three wolves moon shirt:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ANCwQnIjL._AA280_.jpg

you won't have a problem being taken seriously after being seen in this... but getcha more than one, the ladies will be rippin' 'em off as soon as they see you in it...

Oh no! He already has a shirt waiting on him:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/WylieRocket-1.jpg

injuredinmelee
10-06-2009, 10:42 PM
And how did that game turn out for you?

the key here is that Wylie was still playing and yall were 4 weeks into basketball.

WylieBulldog92
10-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Brownwood: Child please!

orange machine
10-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Wylie is not gonna have any problems winning the district.

Looking4number8
10-07-2009, 04:21 AM
I had to get up early this morning and meet the truck at a new customer. It's kind of funny hoe the still of the night (4AM) can make you think more clearly than ever. Stirring here waiting in the quite I have realized tomething.....,

Wylie still sucks!!!:) :) :)

garciap77
10-07-2009, 06:56 AM
I had to get up early this morning and meet the truck at a new customer. It's kind of funny hoe the still of the night (4AM) can make you think more clearly than ever. Stirring here waiting in the quite I have realized tomething.....,

Wylie still sucks!!!:) :) :)
Funny Hoe:eek: :eek: :eek:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/prostitute.jpg

You need to stop working the streets L48!:D

P.S. Man you dress up pretty nice!LOL

;)

garciap77
10-07-2009, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
There will always be a gap in 3A..not enough schools...I think the # could creep up around 1040.....that could put someone like Stephenville in 3A...wowza...w/all those sophs' they are playing that'll be scary

I read this on another tread. I just thought it was interesting! That's all! :D

So, a whole bunch of sophs' beat Brownwood?:D

;)

Looking4number8
10-07-2009, 07:40 AM
Funny Hoe:eek: :eek: :eek:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/prostitute.jpg

You need to stop working the streets L48!:D

P.S. Man you dress up pretty nice!LOL

;)

Thanks..... :thinking: :)

Looking4number8
10-07-2009, 07:42 AM
I read this on another tread. I just thought it was interesting! That's all! :D

So, a whole bunch of sophs' beat Brownwood?:D

;)

Yep, I think the week we got beat by a bunch of sophs' was the same week you guys were afraid to play in the rain

garciap77
10-07-2009, 07:47 AM
Good morning L48!

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/fbvgbiyImZct4xux

Nice dance!

;)

Looking4number8
10-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Good morning L48!

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/fbvgbiyImZct4xux

Nice dance!

;)

Right back at cha my friend...

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/xKx7QYC5sQZmMhk5

garciap77
10-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Right back at cha my friend...

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/xKx7QYC5sQZmMhk5

LOL :clap: :clap: :clap:

Looking4number8
10-07-2009, 07:59 AM
and for a good morning 3adownlow bonus.... nice coconuts:)

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/iVN8EI8GqHitoVQW

garciap77
10-07-2009, 08:07 AM
and for a good morning 3adownlow bonus.... nice coconuts:)

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/iVN8EI8GqHitoVQW
LOL I'm a little busy, but I'll be back! LOL

ccmom
10-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Yep, I think the week we got beat by a bunch of sophs' was the same week you guys were afraid to play in the rain

Sorry to disappoint ya, :rolleyes: , but that was the week Wylie was giving Frenship more than they could handle. :D

Oh, and umm....nice legs, L48! Wow! :eek: ;)

OldBison75
10-07-2009, 10:47 AM
OH MY GOD!!!! THIS THREAD MUST BE DYING--NO POSTS IN OVER 1 1/2 HOURS!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE ROCKET AND FRIENDS CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING TO SAY. THAT HAS NEVER BEEN A PROBLEM BEFORE. IF NOTHING ELSE, A GOOD WYLIE SUCKS SEEMS TO BE AN ONGOING THEME OF THE LION FAITHFUL.

garciap77
10-07-2009, 10:57 AM
All night long!!!!!!!!!!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/2946129062_766234b92e-1.jpg

OldBison75
10-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Wow 77, I am glad to see that things are OKAY in Abilene. I have a call into the National Weather Service to see if that cloud picture from yesterday was a slow developing tornado in Brownwood. When Rocket ain't roaring for this long, either there has been a disaster or he went to the bathroom and dumped all the crap that he normally posts.

garciap77
10-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Wow 77, I am glad to see that things are OKAY in Abilene. I have a call into the National Weather Service to see if that cloud picture from yesterday was a slow developing tornado in Brownwood. When Rocket ain't roaring for this long, either there has been a disaster or he went to the bathroom and dumped all the crap that he normally posts.
LOL

IT'S A TRICK THEY'RE PLAYING!:D

Or someone in Brownwood' s system told him to shut up already!:D

;)

Rocket
10-07-2009, 11:22 AM

I had to take a break. Fingers hurt.

OldBison75
10-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Finger hurt? From typing too much or wiping too much? Glad to see everybody is okay in Brownwood. I was afraid that something bad had happened.

Bullaholic
10-07-2009, 11:27 AM

Yep--your fingers hurt and everybody else's eyes hurt...:D

Rocket
10-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Yep--your fingers hurt and everybody else's eyes hurt...:D

And you keep reading...

Rocket
10-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Finger hurt? From typing too much or wiping too much? Glad to see everybody is okay in Brownwood. I was afraid that something bad had happened.

I took an OldBison and wiped my Bullaholic. We all good now.

Bullaholic
10-07-2009, 11:30 AM
And you keep reading...

The zoo is closed due to bad weather....

garciap77
10-07-2009, 11:31 AM

Man what's up with Brownwood? Seems like they get hurt too easy!
:D :D :D

Are You guys made out of glass?:D

;)

garciap77
10-07-2009, 11:32 AM

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Bullaholic
10-07-2009, 11:33 AM

LOL--It's been over 50 years since I was in Jr. High, Rocket, and this brings back those good ol' times.

Rocket
10-07-2009, 11:35 AM
LOL--It's been over 50 years since I was in Jr. High, Rocket, and this brings back those good ol' times.

I have to come down to your level so that you can understand me. Most of the stuff I post on here is too advanced for the majority of the Downlow to grasp.

OldBison75
10-07-2009, 11:36 AM
I can guarantee you that that Oldbison you took was the best smelling one you have ever taken. And, they are hard to flush because turds like me float.

garciap77
10-07-2009, 11:38 AM

Since when did you start wiping!:D

;)

ivchris
10-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Man what's up with Brownwood? Seems like they get hurt too easy!
:D :D :D

Are You guys made out of glass?:D

;)

:D :D :D :clap:

hollywood
10-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Noticed almost half of the votes were for Wylie +14. What do they know?:rolleyes: Gotta love being the underdog!:clap: And don't get smart GP77... I didn't say under the dog.

OldBison75
10-07-2009, 12:03 PM
I have never seen a dog hump a lion's leg, but it might happen in Brownwood this week. Maybe I should go watch--bet it will be a real fight if it happens.

LE Dad
10-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Wow 77, I am glad to see that things are OKAY in Abilene. I have a call into the National Weather Service to see if that cloud picture from yesterday was a slow developing tornado in Brownwood. Think they are predicting one about 2 days 7 hours and just to be on safe side lets say 38 minutes from now. :D

:evillol: :evillol: :wave:

awylie8
10-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Hey awylie8, are you in junior high or what? My post was a joke. Grow up man (I mean kid).

As was mine! Haven't been in JH in 50yrs and 250 LBS ago. Hey, just having a little fun with you. You Brownwood guys are Sooooooo sensative.

hollywood
10-07-2009, 12:11 PM
I have never seen a dog hump a lion's leg, but it might happen in Brownwood this week. Maybe I should go watch--bet it will be a real fight if it happens. LOL... couldn't help but laugh at that one. I'm sure there is footage somewhere out there.

hollywood
10-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by awylie8
As was mine! Haven't been in JH in 50yrs and 250 LBS ago. Hey, just having a little fun with you. You Brownwood guys are Sooooooo sensative. You ole boys need to get in shape. The Lion workout plan is available Friday night. Features how to whoop a Bulldog!:doh: Should come out and see!

LE Dad
10-07-2009, 12:14 PM
I have to come down to your level so that you can understand me. Most of the stuff I post on here is too advanced for the majority of the Downlow to grasp. The "stuff" stinks:twitch: :crazy1: :ack!: It is time for you to use the posting changing station. :eek:

ccmom
10-07-2009, 12:29 PM
I have a call into the National Weather Service to see if that cloud picture from yesterday was a slow developing tornado in Brownwood.

I heard the forecast is calling for PURPLE REIGN ! :devil:

Gobbla2001
10-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Prince is showing up?

Game.... blouses....

ccmom
10-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Prince is showing up?

Game.... blouses....

Maybe I was confused??:confused: I heard something about Gsquared showing up in purple leather pants, and I guess I got a little excited and confused...:eek:

Gobbla2001
10-07-2009, 12:55 PM
gsquared never shows up dressed all weird like people continue to think...

though you may come home from the game and think the racoons got in...

ccmom
10-07-2009, 12:59 PM
gsquared never shows up dressed all weird like people continue to think...

though you may come home from the game and think the racoons got in...

"Weird"?? :confused: Don't let Garcia and Nobogey hear their purple leather pants are weird, or they might show up in their chaps instead. :eek:

pirate4state
10-07-2009, 01:17 PM
I have to come down to your level so that you can understand me. Most of the stuff I post on here is too advanced for the majority of the Downlow to grasp. I'd tell you to make sure and duck when walking into a room so your big head doesn't hit the top of the door, but that would only work if you were walking into a doll house! :D

OldBison75
10-07-2009, 01:22 PM
P4S, are you telling me that all that fertilizer that Rocket posts with has not made him grow? I guess the old farmers were right about too much crap putting too much nitrogen in the mix and causing the growing things to quit growing. Now we know that Rocket was full of it as early as Jr. High since he is so short.

hollywood
10-07-2009, 01:56 PM
WYLIE SUCKS!!!

TheDOCTORdre
10-07-2009, 02:02 PM
I agree Wylie will suck Friday ...they will suck all the life out of the Lions and their hopes for the District championship

Eagle 1
10-07-2009, 03:31 PM
I plan on making this one Friday.
I think its going to be a pretty good game.

garciap77
10-07-2009, 03:32 PM
WYLIE SUCKS!!!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/BWLioncopy.jpg

LE Dad
10-07-2009, 03:49 PM
P4S, are you telling me that all that fertilizer that Rocket posts with has not made him grow? I guess the old farmers were right about too much crap putting too much nitrogen in the mix and causing the growing things to quit growing. Now we know that Rocket was full of it as early as Jr. High since he is so short. Rocket is not short he is Upwardly challanged! :doh: :rolleyes: :thinking:

garciap77
10-07-2009, 03:57 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs100.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Picking on Rocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/ist2_1863863-black-eye-1.jpg

STANG RED
10-07-2009, 04:39 PM
I have to come down to your level so that you can understand me. Most of the stuff I post on here is too advanced for the majority of the Downlow to grasp.

:confused: Is that you BBDE? :devil:

Bullaholic
10-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
:confused: Is that you BBDE? :devil:

LOL, Red. Nope---BBDE never typed anything that short in his life. :D

ccmom
10-07-2009, 04:57 PM
LOL, Red. Nope---BBDE never typed anything that short in his life. :D :fnypost: :iagree:

Bullaholic
10-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Our boy Rocket about 7:15pm Friday night:

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/stressed.jpg

Rocket
10-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Brownwood will win this game.

Ranger Mom
10-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Hat's off to y'all!!

This thread was pure entertainment.

I hadn't read since page 4 or so, it filled in the time in an otherwise boring afternoon!!!

slingshot
10-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Brownwood will win this game. You wish... and wish... and wish. Wylie wins. Again. Might as well get used to the idea Rock. You'll have a whole year to ponder it.

Rocket
10-07-2009, 06:30 PM
You wish... and wish... and wish. Wylie wins. Again. Might as well get used to the idea Rock. You'll have a whole year to ponder it.

Region I belongs to Brownwood now.

slingshot
10-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Region I belongs to Brownwood now. Very Funny... :D :clap:

garciap77
10-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Region I belongs to Brownwood now.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/lolabove.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/lolabove.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/lolabove.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Rocket
10-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Very Funny... :D :clap:

I'm not laughing.

garciap77
10-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Hey Rocket! Just a friendly reminder:

Everyone plays as Abilene Wylie beats Waco La Vega
By: Mike Phillips • 9/19/2009 12:42:48 AM Share on Facebook

BELLMEAD, TX – T-shirts are sailing into the stands, smoke is coming from the tunnel and a horn (well, a lot more than just a horn) is blaring, blasting into the night loud enough and deep enough to take years off your life (or add them to it, depending if you're a Bulldog fan).

This is Wylie football, wild and wonderful, loud and robust – and this is an away game.

The Bulldogs are winning 39-0, and it's halftime. The team they are beating – Waco La Vega – played for the state title a year ago. Wylie spent 3 ½ hours on a bus just to get here, and this was supposed to be one of the top 3A games in the state.

It's a blowout – just listen to that horn.

The guys from Wylie unleash it with every Bulldog touchdown, and the TDs came early and often in this one. By the time the night ended it was 46-29, but don't let that score fool you. Wylie played backups the entire second half.

This team isn't just good, it's classy. Even when La Vega's Pirates looked like they might make it close, Wylie coach Hugh Sandifer kept his backups in the game.

“Well, we have a lot of depth,'' he said later. “And we want to play (the backups) in tight situations. We believe in all of them, every single one of them.''

And they believe in Sandifer.

He has built more than a football team and a classy program. There's a sense of belonging here – belonging to something bigger than one person or one team. And it starts when you are 5 years old.

There are no growing pains at Wylie, just growing.

If you want to see the face of this program, just take a look at Casom Grant – freckles and all. He's 10 years old and a fourth grader at Wylie Elementary. He's got a shock of red hair that could stop traffic and a smile as big as West Texas (after all, the Bulldogs are winning).

You've seen eye-black on football players. Casom wears “eye-purple” under his eyes for games, and he's wearing a bigger-than-life Wylie jersey with No. 44 plastered on it.

He's part of the “Adopt a Bulldog” program, the real secret at Wylie, where they take kids from kindergarten through sixth grade and let them have their own varsity football player. Casom's player is No. 44, linebacker Andy Linn, who had his own big Bulldog when he was younger. It's been working for years.

“It's awesome,'' said Casom, who took the field after the game and played catch with Linn. Casom and a bunch of other “little bulldogs,'' took their helmets from their players and took their pads, and walked around in their own slice of heaven.

“We get to get the pads,'' said a delighted Casom. “And the helmet. And we get to know the players.''

The best part?

“Oh, I think the best part is I get to talk to him about stuff I can't talk to other people about, like my friends,'' he said.

They're that close. That's the idea. The varsity players go to dinner with the kids, visit them at their homes, and hand down the whole football experience to a younger generation that will some day be on the same football field.

“We grew up wanting to be Bulldogs,'' said Wylie senior quarterback Matt Preston, who runs this offense like he has been doing it all his life.

“It's a great program,'' said running back Jon Miller. “We have a great system. We've all been brought up like this since we were in first grade, wanting to be a part of this team.''

Maybe that's why Wylie looks and feels and plays with such a different sense of the game. To call these kids unselfish is like saying Bill Gates is pretty good with computers. Preston and Miller, two of the biggest leaders on this team, had no problem sitting out the entire second half. They enjoyed seeing the backups.

“It was great to get everyone in the game,'' Preston said.

Everyone did get in the game, literally. Sandifer brought 60 kids, and 60 kids played. But even when the first team is on the field, it's tough to single out stars on a team that has seen 13 different players carry the ball in the first three games, and a defense that thrives off gang tackling. They're like grapes or bananas – Wylie's defense always comes in bunches.

The first-team defense hasn't allowed a point all season, and that's a big reason the Bulldogs are 3-0 and ranked No. 4 in the CA 3A rankings and No. 5 in the AP poll.

That all-for-one stuff is real at Wylie. It's what Sandifer believes in, what drives this program from kindergarten to the end zone, from little kids carrying off pads and helmets to a program that could be headed toward another state title.

The mantra is simple – it's about all of them, or as Sandifer said “every single one of them,'' and not just on the field.

“When you play us, you don't just play one of us. You play all of us,'' Sandifer said. “It's about the community, about everyone.''

The fever has never been hotter. More and more kids want to play football at Wylie. Last year, the turnout in seventh grade was phenomenal. There were 120 boys in seventh grade, and 100 went out for football. That's 80 percent, or 4 out of every 5 kids.

They had to add seats (1,200) to Bulldog Stadium, which now seats 8,000, and the feeling around Wylie is this could be the year. The horn showed up a year ago when two boosters – John Barbee and Drew Jennings built it. They put together six horns from semi trucks, which form one mind-blowing sound.

But the real sound of this program is that silent passage from one group of players to another and the way this team is embraced by everyone around it.

The link is solid and seems to grow stronger from one generation to the next, and maybe that's why Wylie just keeps on winning.

“We're not fast and we're not big,'' said Wylie's team doctor Robbie Cooksey, stating the obvious. “But they are such a blue-collar team, and so unselfish, and it all starts when they are little kids.

“I have three sons and all of them were in the Adopt a Bulldog program,'' he said. “Those players who played here and left still come back and visit my sons. They're still close.''

And this team is especially close.

“They have been playing together for a long time,'' said Gary Linn, who runs the horn and whose son is linebacker Andy Linn. “It's a great program, and the kids love the coaches. My son would walk through fire for his linebackers coach.

“This is a special class,'' he said. “Last year's team was a junior-driven team, and we came close. The last two teams that lost in the playoffs lost on the final series.''

Close may not explain it. Wylie lost in the state semifinals to Prosper in double overtime, and Prosper went on to beat La Vega (yes, the same La Vega) in the Class 3A state title game. Everyone in the south end of Abilene has been waiting all summer for football to begin – waiting with anticipation.

Sandifer can take all of it in stride. He's a rock.

He's been at Wylie 31 years, and this is his 24th as the head coach. His teams have been to the playoffs for the last 15 years (“We're hoping for 16,'' he said) and the Bulldogs won it all in 2004. His team lost to eventual state champ Gilmer, which scored in the final seconds, in 2007 and fell in OT to Prosper a year ago.

Even the little Bulldogs know this could be the year – even if they don't understand Dr. Cooksey's diagnosis that these Bulldogs aren't big or fast. Just good – real good.

Discipline.... Unselfish...Dedicated... It's a program based on all that and more.

“These kids grow up wanting to be Wylie Bulldogs, wanting to play on Friday nights,'' Sandifer said of his team's real source of strength.

“These kids get here and they are very dedicated to studying the game. They have seen great senior leadership before they got here, and they know what is expected of them when they do get here.

“That's where it begins, and that's why it is about the community – about everyone.''

GAME NOTES

Wylie built a 22-0 lead before La Vega made its first first down, and Wylie's first-team defense held La Vega to only 43 yards in the first half.

Wylie scored quickly and in a variety of ways, building a 39-0 halftime lead on a pair of long runs, a 5-yard TD run, a 72-yard catch-and-run TD, a safety, a blocked punt for a TD and a 28-yard field goal..

Joe Nasser started the night off with a 48-yard TD run and Wylie's defense picked up two points on a safety on the ensuing kickoff for a 9-0 lead. Then Steve Cottner scored on a 5-yard run and Kolton Wright recovered a blocked punt in the end zone for the Bulldogs to make it 22-0.

Keith Green broke free for a 59-yard TD run, and Matt Preston hit Jon Miller with a 10-yard pass that Miller turned into a 72-yard catch and run TD to make it 36-0. Austin Gray, who had some key receptions in the first half, ended the halftime scoring with a 28-yard field goal.

La Vega scored on TD runs by QB Devin McGowan (1 yard), Devonte Jones (20 yards), Tevin Thomas (17 yards) and Kenneth Coleman (8 yards).

Wylie's final TD came on a 2-yard run from Ryan Pease.

Rocket
10-07-2009, 07:08 PM
I can guarantee you that that Oldbison you took was the best smelling one you have ever taken. And, they are hard to flush because turds like me float.

It smelled like a garcia, but much worse..

Rocket
10-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You are ridiculous! Quit making light of Shipley's injury. I hope the young man gets to play, but there isn't any reason to be funny about it. :rolleyes:

p4s! Shut up.:rolleyes: I will do whateva I want. Got it? That's not fayer!

Rocket
10-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Hey Rocket! Just a friendly reminder:

Everyone plays as Abilene Wylie beats Waco La Vega
By: Mike Phillips • 9/19/2009 12:42:48 AM Share on Facebook

BELLMEAD, TX – T-shirts are sailing into the stands, smoke is coming from the tunnel and a horn (well, a lot more than just a horn) is blaring, blasting into the night loud enough and deep enough to take years off your life (or add them to it, depending if you're a Bulldog fan).

This is Wylie football, wild and wonderful, loud and robust – and this is an away game.

The Bulldogs are winning 39-0, and it's halftime. The team they are beating – Waco La Vega – played for the state title a year ago. Wylie spent 3 ½ hours on a bus just to get here, and this was supposed to be one of the top 3A games in the state.

It's a blowout – just listen to that horn.

The guys from Wylie unleash it with every Bulldog touchdown, and the TDs came early and often in this one. By the time the night ended it was 46-29, but don't let that score fool you. Wylie played backups the entire second half.

This team isn't just good, it's classy. Even when La Vega's Pirates looked like they might make it close, Wylie coach Hugh Sandifer kept his backups in the game.

“Well, we have a lot of depth,'' he said later. “And we want to play (the backups) in tight situations. We believe in all of them, every single one of them.''

And they believe in Sandifer.

He has built more than a football team and a classy program. There's a sense of belonging here – belonging to something bigger than one person or one team. And it starts when you are 5 years old.

There are no growing pains at Wylie, just growing.

If you want to see the face of this program, just take a look at Casom Grant – freckles and all. He's 10 years old and a fourth grader at Wylie Elementary. He's got a shock of red hair that could stop traffic and a smile as big as West Texas (after all, the Bulldogs are winning).

You've seen eye-black on football players. Casom wears “eye-purple” under his eyes for games, and he's wearing a bigger-than-life Wylie jersey with No. 44 plastered on it.

He's part of the “Adopt a Bulldog” program, the real secret at Wylie, where they take kids from kindergarten through sixth grade and let them have their own varsity football player. Casom's player is No. 44, linebacker Andy Linn, who had his own big Bulldog when he was younger. It's been working for years.

“It's awesome,'' said Casom, who took the field after the game and played catch with Linn. Casom and a bunch of other “little bulldogs,'' took their helmets from their players and took their pads, and walked around in their own slice of heaven.

“We get to get the pads,'' said a delighted Casom. “And the helmet. And we get to know the players.''

The best part?

“Oh, I think the best part is I get to talk to him about stuff I can't talk to other people about, like my friends,'' he said.

They're that close. That's the idea. The varsity players go to dinner with the kids, visit them at their homes, and hand down the whole football experience to a younger generation that will some day be on the same football field.

“We grew up wanting to be Bulldogs,'' said Wylie senior quarterback Matt Preston, who runs this offense like he has been doing it all his life.

“It's a great program,'' said running back Jon Miller. “We have a great system. We've all been brought up like this since we were in first grade, wanting to be a part of this team.''

Maybe that's why Wylie looks and feels and plays with such a different sense of the game. To call these kids unselfish is like saying Bill Gates is pretty good with computers. Preston and Miller, two of the biggest leaders on this team, had no problem sitting out the entire second half. They enjoyed seeing the backups.

“It was great to get everyone in the game,'' Preston said.

Everyone did get in the game, literally. Sandifer brought 60 kids, and 60 kids played. But even when the first team is on the field, it's tough to single out stars on a team that has seen 13 different players carry the ball in the first three games, and a defense that thrives off gang tackling. They're like grapes or bananas – Wylie's defense always comes in bunches.

The first-team defense hasn't allowed a point all season, and that's a big reason the Bulldogs are 3-0 and ranked No. 4 in the CA 3A rankings and No. 5 in the AP poll.

That all-for-one stuff is real at Wylie. It's what Sandifer believes in, what drives this program from kindergarten to the end zone, from little kids carrying off pads and helmets to a program that could be headed toward another state title.

The mantra is simple – it's about all of them, or as Sandifer said “every single one of them,'' and not just on the field.

“When you play us, you don't just play one of us. You play all of us,'' Sandifer said. “It's about the community, about everyone.''

The fever has never been hotter. More and more kids want to play football at Wylie. Last year, the turnout in seventh grade was phenomenal. There were 120 boys in seventh grade, and 100 went out for football. That's 80 percent, or 4 out of every 5 kids.

They had to add seats (1,200) to Bulldog Stadium, which now seats 8,000, and the feeling around Wylie is this could be the year. The horn showed up a year ago when two boosters – John Barbee and Drew Jennings built it. They put together six horns from semi trucks, which form one mind-blowing sound.

But the real sound of this program is that silent passage from one group of players to another and the way this team is embraced by everyone around it.

The link is solid and seems to grow stronger from one generation to the next, and maybe that's why Wylie just keeps on winning.

“We're not fast and we're not big,'' said Wylie's team doctor Robbie Cooksey, stating the obvious. “But they are such a blue-collar team, and so unselfish, and it all starts when they are little kids.

“I have three sons and all of them were in the Adopt a Bulldog program,'' he said. “Those players who played here and left still come back and visit my sons. They're still close.''

And this team is especially close.

“They have been playing together for a long time,'' said Gary Linn, who runs the horn and whose son is linebacker Andy Linn. “It's a great program, and the kids love the coaches. My son would walk through fire for his linebackers coach.

“This is a special class,'' he said. “Last year's team was a junior-driven team, and we came close. The last two teams that lost in the playoffs lost on the final series.''

Close may not explain it. Wylie lost in the state semifinals to Prosper in double overtime, and Prosper went on to beat La Vega (yes, the same La Vega) in the Class 3A state title game. Everyone in the south end of Abilene has been waiting all summer for football to begin – waiting with anticipation.

Sandifer can take all of it in stride. He's a rock.

He's been at Wylie 31 years, and this is his 24th as the head coach. His teams have been to the playoffs for the last 15 years (“We're hoping for 16,'' he said) and the Bulldogs won it all in 2004. His team lost to eventual state champ Gilmer, which scored in the final seconds, in 2007 and fell in OT to Prosper a year ago.

Even the little Bulldogs know this could be the year – even if they don't understand Dr. Cooksey's diagnosis that these Bulldogs aren't big or fast. Just good – real good.

Discipline.... Unselfish...Dedicated... It's a program based on all that and more.

“These kids grow up wanting to be Wylie Bulldogs, wanting to play on Friday nights,'' Sandifer said of his team's real source of strength.

“These kids get here and they are very dedicated to studying the game. They have seen great senior leadership before they got here, and they know what is expected of them when they do get here.

“That's where it begins, and that's why it is about the community – about everyone.''

GAME NOTES

Wylie built a 22-0 lead before La Vega made its first first down, and Wylie's first-team defense held La Vega to only 43 yards in the first half.

Wylie scored quickly and in a variety of ways, building a 39-0 halftime lead on a pair of long runs, a 5-yard TD run, a 72-yard catch-and-run TD, a safety, a blocked punt for a TD and a 28-yard field goal..

Joe Nasser started the night off with a 48-yard TD run and Wylie's defense picked up two points on a safety on the ensuing kickoff for a 9-0 lead. Then Steve Cottner scored on a 5-yard run and Kolton Wright recovered a blocked punt in the end zone for the Bulldogs to make it 22-0.

Keith Green broke free for a 59-yard TD run, and Matt Preston hit Jon Miller with a 10-yard pass that Miller turned into a 72-yard catch and run TD to make it 36-0. Austin Gray, who had some key receptions in the first half, ended the halftime scoring with a 28-yard field goal.

La Vega scored on TD runs by QB Devin McGowan (1 yard), Devonte Jones (20 yards), Tevin Thomas (17 yards) and Kenneth Coleman (8 yards).

Wylie's final TD came on a 2-yard run from Ryan Pease.

Wylie let them score how many points? Don't use the "we let everybody play" EXCUSE. Remember, excuses aren't relevant. :rolleyes:

You didn't play Brownwood that night so it really doesn't matter.

garciap77
10-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Wylie let them score how many points? Don't use the "we let everybody play" EXCUSE. Remember, excuses aren't relevant. :rolleyes:

You didn't play Brownwood that night so it really doesn't matter.

That was not an excuse! It's how we get better! We are like made out of glass!:D

;)

Rocket
10-07-2009, 07:31 PM
That was not an excuse! It's how we get better! We are like made out of glass!:D

;)

Wylie sucks.

garciap77
10-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Wylie sucks.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Glass_Lion-1.gif

Gobbla2001
10-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Hey, Brownwood... someone filled me in on the first play Abilene Wylie will run from scrimmage... can't tell you where I got it from, but here it is:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3980/wfirst.jpg

Move The Chains
10-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Hey, Brownwood... someone filled me in on the first play Abilene Wylie will run from scrimmage... can't tell you where I got it from, but here it is:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3980/wfirst.jpg Nice!

95mustang
10-07-2009, 08:34 PM
WOW, Had to go to meetings today and missed all the fun. :(

trusteer/trublu
10-07-2009, 08:57 PM

You didn't play Brownwood that night so it really doesn't matter. dang it!!!!! I thought BWood had a chance until I read this.....

garciap77
10-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by trusteer/trublu
dang it!!!!! I thought BWood had a chance until I read this.....

Go Lions!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketBoySponge.jpg

trusteer/trublu
10-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Go Lions!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketBoySponge.jpg

:D Halloween already?

STANG RED
10-07-2009, 09:46 PM
WOW, nearly 500 posts and 9000 views so far.

Thats an awful lot of hype for a game that Wylie will completely dominate. The only real suspense is, whether Wylie will have to wait till the 4th quarter to put in the scrubs, or will they do it earlier? LOL :D

Rocket
10-07-2009, 10:06 PM

Thats an awful lot of hype for a game that Wylie will completely dominate. The only real suspense is, whether Wylie will have to wait till the 4th quarter to put in the scrubs, or will they do it earlier? LOL :D

You know better, STANG.

Wylie doesn't get to play a tough team at home for the first time in a long time. Nobody, and I mean nobody, comes into our house and pushes us around.

trusteer/trublu
10-07-2009, 10:20 PM
You know better, STANG.

Wylie doesn't get to play a tough team at home for the first time in a long time. Nobody, and I mean nobody, comes into our house and pushes us around. Rocket, Rocket, Rocket what a short memory! Tell that to Sville.....their house your house...would it have mattered?

WylieBulldog92
10-07-2009, 10:44 PM

We don't have scrubs.

slingshot
10-07-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm not laughing. Everyone else is...

orange machine
10-07-2009, 10:58 PM
So i just want to know what excuse your going to use Rocket when yall get beat by Wylie? This is the year of the Brownwood:rolleyes: