PDA

View Full Version : Region I GotW: Battle of the Undefeateds: Bridgeport vs Liberty Hill

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Daddy D 11
12-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Hill Man
been there.... beat that

Hill Man, you going to make this one? I know it's a pretty good haul for just another whooping, but it'd be fun:D

Budman007
12-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Can you say poor kitty??? Ya'll are wearing your whites are'nt you?

http://www.allfunnypictures.com/images/freecat.jpg

Bullaholic
12-05-2008, 12:48 PM
LH after 6th Bull TD:

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/pinkpanther.jpg

Super_R
12-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Going to be a familiar image Saturday around 8 o'clock.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ap_bullfighting_080314_ssh.jpg:D

I hope you don't dress like that again...ackward!!!:D

pirate4state
12-05-2008, 12:51 PM
I see we've reached the "story by picture" portion of this thread! :D

Daddy D 11
12-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I see we've reached the "story by picture" portion of this thread! :D

I was thinking the same thing!

Hill Man
12-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Hill Man, you going to make this one? I know it's a pretty good haul for just another whooping, but it'd be fun:D

Wish it was an afternoon game -- the long haul there is fine but a return late killed it for the wife.... Will be listening online

Besides --- blow outs are boring:devil:

Budman007
12-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Death of the LH Slot-T. December 6, 2008. RIP.

http://www.creativereview.co.uk/crblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/shrig-im-dead-cat_2.jpg

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Going to be a familiar image Saturday around 8 o'clock.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ap_bullfighting_080314_ssh.jpg:D
:clap: :clap: He's even wearing the right colors, well sort of. :D

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2008, 01:28 PM
http://www.cfdrodeo.com/AVI/Uploaded/2cf05dd3-daf4-4bb6-b6c3-c57351a5c889/steerWrestling.jpg

BigBully
12-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Like my new sig?

Budman007
12-05-2008, 01:31 PM
It used to be called the "Mighty Slot-T." Now its called the "Dead Cat Bounce."

https://zone.artizans.com/images/previews/RPET741.300.jpg

catdaddy
12-05-2008, 02:08 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/insoav.jpg

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by catdaddy
http://i33.tinypic.com/insoav.jpg

We have a winner.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

runtowin
12-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Whites...no problem. I believe the last time LH wore white at Baylor they went for 500+ yards and beat a very good Crockett team. Who by the way, claimed "You ain't ready!!" "You won't go for no 400 yards on us!" Then Thunderstruck played on the PA and it was game time! 500 yards later LH was on to their 1st STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.

bulls08
12-05-2008, 02:57 PM
that is one thing i dont think i have heard is someone telling them that they werent ready, they are 37-0, i think they come ready to most games in would seem

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by runtowin
Whites...no problem. I believe the last time LH wore white at Baylor they went for 500+ yards and beat a very good Crockett team. Who by the way, claimed "You ain't ready!!" "You won't go for no 400 yards on us!" Then Thunderstruck played on the PA and it was game time! 500 yards later LH was on to their 1st STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Yep I remember hearing that Crocket said the game would be over by halftime. And they were right. Because I think we were up something like 28-7 and it was pretty much over by then.

runtowin
12-05-2008, 03:03 PM
That was an east texas introduction into the new region that claimed that slow white central texas boys would not be able to handle.

trojan37
12-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Oh man, I love it when pics come into the thread so I have to get in on this. I heard Coach Vance is loading up the panthers on this for Saturday night:D :stirpot:

http://www.be-extreme.com/site/images/Dead%20Bull.jpg

runtowin
12-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Nah, no caffeine for the panthers. It messes up the timing, then the gaurds get the ball and the backs block. It isn't fair to the defense to have to defend against lineman running the ball too!

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Nah, no caffeine for the panthers. It messes up the timing, then the gaurds get the ball and the backs block. It isn't fair to the defense to have to defend against lineman running the ball too!
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

runtowin
12-05-2008, 03:39 PM
One thing that has been consistant, posters and teams come out strong early in the week when they get to play the panthers. This is partly due to relief that they are still playing and that they get a chance to be the ones to end the streak. That confidence fades throughout the week after film, days of frustrating practices and the looming event. Kind of like when you were a kid and claimed you could stay in a haunted house for a certain length of time. Easy to talk a big game, not as easy to follow through as it gets closer. Where are the BP fans?

Super_R
12-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Where are the BP fans?

I heard they are in line at Hell's Gate...Trying to sell their souls to the devil for a W.

Bullaholic
12-05-2008, 03:43 PM
One thing that has been consistant, posters and teams come out strong early in the week when they get to play the panthers. This is partly due to relief that they are still playing and that they get a chance to be the ones to end the streak. That confidence fades throughout the week after film, days of frustrating practices and the looming event. Kind of like when you were a kid and claimed you could stay in a haunted house for a certain length of time. Easy to talk a big game, not as easy to follow through as it gets closer. Where are the BP fans?

The Bulls fans are still alive and well and ready for the game---I think everyone has just about squeezed in anything they had to offer on this monster thread and there is not much original material left--although I'm sure everyone will continue to trade jabs for the pure fun of it. Rest assured that our fans as well as our players will not back up an inch from LH and are ready to play the game.

runtowin
12-05-2008, 03:47 PM
I think your Defense will be backing up quite a bit. LH has moved many better Defenses back (i.e. Sweetwater, Wylie, Giddings).

firstcat
12-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Then you only have about 28 hours until you are out of your misery.

slpybear the bullfan
12-05-2008, 03:48 PM
...says the poster with 7 posts as of today. :rolleyes:

And just where have you been, Kettle?

runtowin
12-05-2008, 03:50 PM
A quiet observer who couldn't resist temptation any longer. Please don't take my lack of posts for inexperience. That would be like claiming the Slot-T easy to defend.

All out CAT
12-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Alright, here it is. These are some of the things that you BP folks need to be clued in on. When you here it over and over on Saturday, you're going to be wondering, "what the hell are they saying?"

1. 1, 2, 3...First down. (cheer, followed by hands in the air...TD)
2. Back, back, back it up!
3. Hit'em again, hit'em again;harder, harder!
4. Forth quarter, Panther quarter!

All out CAT
12-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Oops, and that annoying sound (the whole damn game), well that is the damn cow bells that we stole off of the Sissie's.

runtowin
12-05-2008, 04:00 PM
That and "TOUCHDOWN PANTHERS" over the PA.

Bullaholic
12-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by All out CAT
Alright, here it is. These are some of the things that you BP folks need to be clued in on. When you here it over and over on Saturday, you're going to be wondering, "what the hell are they saying?"

1. 1, 2, 3...First down. (cheer, followed by hands in the air...TD)
2. Back, back, back it up!
3. Hit'em again, hit'em again;harder, harder!
4. Forth quarter, Panther quarter!

Yep---teams that are behind generally make those kinds of cheers. :D

Super_R
12-05-2008, 04:03 PM
I just got off the phone with Coach Vance.

He said, "The bridgeport defense is so powerful at stopping the run. I called in Mike Leach to help us put in a solid passing scheme."

I hope it isn't to late.

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
I just got off the phone with Coach Vance.

He said, "The bridgeport defense is so powerful at stopping the run. I called in Mike Leach to help us put in a solid passing scheme."

I hope it isn't to late.
The boys don't leave for roughly 21 hours. That should be plenty of time. :devil:

firstcat
12-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Yep---teams that are behind generally make those kinds of cheers. :D

so do teams with 37 wins in a row, and two state championships...I think All Out Cat was just warning ya'll so you wouldn't think we were offensive when we're still cheering while ya'll are packing up the Poop Chute and headed back to the corral.

firstcat
12-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by firstcat
so do teams with 37 wins in a row, and two state championships...I think All Out Cat was just warning ya'll so you wouldn't think we were offensive when we're still cheering while ya'll are packing up the Poop Chute and headed back to the corral.

And before somebody thinks I was being ugly...earlier in the thread we decided to call their run-through tunnel the Poop Chute because it looks like that is what the bull is doing...

Budman007
12-05-2008, 04:24 PM

I hope all LH fans are'nt as ignorant as this one. Our level of confidence in our Bulls has not faded one bit this week. Game film, reports of an excellent week of practice, and the sheer anticipation of our Bulls slaying the giant, has caused most of us to be as stoked as ever about this game. You'll see the BP fans soon enough, runtolose. Just look for the maroon sea across the field from you and just in case your head is too far up your rear to be able to see, just listen for the cowbells!:D

Go Bulls 44-30!!!

wtfootball
12-05-2008, 04:30 PM
How can Bull fans be so arrogant when they know they backed their way into this game..........GO LH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Remember a 4 TD lead is not enough, bury them and let them know they did not belong in this game!

Budman007
12-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball
How can Bull fans be so arrogant when they know they backed their way into this game..........GO LH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Remember a 4 TD lead is not enough, bury them and let them know they did not belong in this game!

Speaking of someone with the head up the rear syndrome.
Get back in the gym, crybaby! 31-28 31-28 31-28 31-28

GO Bulls 44-30!!!

Bullaholic
12-05-2008, 04:34 PM

Well I promise you one thing---if we lose to LH we won't be too arrogant to lose with the class and dignity that most of your fellow Monahans fans did. Time to move on, wtfootball---support LH and pull against the Bulls if you want, but let last week go.

runtowin
12-05-2008, 04:35 PM
I don't claim intelligence, just understanding the situation. Speaking of common knowledge. How does a team put 44 points up against a ball control, clock eating offense that puts up at least 5 scores. 44-30 isn't even a logical prediction in a BP win. I could understand you saying 28-21 or less but not 44-30.

exbull
12-05-2008, 04:46 PM

Confident not arrogent...there is a huge difference!!!

28 points is a big enough lead for good teams like LH or Bridgeport. The difference in them and monahans is that they can put the game away and not choke. If you think the officals gave Bridgeport 28 points then you my friend are an idiot. I am glad you are cheering on the LH team as we need no crybabies on the bulls side. Grow up and learn to let it go. yall gave it a good ride and gave yall's best effort, just came up a little short in the end.

I certainaly hope you are a player on the monahans team and not a parent. That would just be embarrassing seeing a grown man cry like that.

Budman007
12-05-2008, 04:48 PM
I don't claim intelligence, just understanding the situation. Speaking of common knowledge. How does a team put 44 points up against a ball control, clock eating offense that puts up at least 5 scores. 44-30 isn't even a logical prediction in a BP win. I could understand you saying 28-21 or less but not 44-30.

Call me crazy!!!:vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd:

Go Bulls 44-30!!!

wimbo_pro
12-05-2008, 05:02 PM
That was an east texas introduction into the new region that claimed that slow white central texas boys would not be able to handle.

I heard the same claims from a certain WOS poster who said things like "you country boys with your dirt driveways and one-light towns aint seen the speed and talent we will bring to the game"

I reminded him after the game that my driveway is actually asphalt, and that we put in a second light the year before not far from the Feed Store...against much protest, I might add....

pirate4state
12-05-2008, 05:03 PM
:blahblah: :sleeping: :blahblah: :sleeping:

I wish it were already 9:30 pm on Saturday night and I'm in my car defrosting!!!

I think I will take wimpy's advice and close this thread at some point tomorrow. :D

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2008, 05:04 PM
I wish it were already 9:30 pm on Saturday night and I'm in my car defrosting!!!
You're leaving early??????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2008, 05:05 PM
That and "TOUCHDOWN PANTHERS" over the PA.
:clap: :clap: Welcome!

pirate4state
12-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You're leaving early??????? :eek: :eek: :eek: No, I just figure that's about how long it will take! :D Or hoping anyway. Forgot Bport throws the ball...:mad: that could slow the game down...oh wait...they won't have the ball, but maybe 5 or 6 times! :cool:

Runnin Panther
12-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Friday almost over, tomorrow is game day and I’m sooo PUMPED!:clap:

I’ve heard Vance has made the Panthers go vegetarian all week and their mouths are watering for some Ground Beef. I’d sure hate to be a BP Bull when the hungry Panthers take the field. The faint of heart better stay at home cuz it might get ugly. :eek:

LHexPlayer
To all fans going to this game. Please drive safe and enjoy the game between two great teams. Hopefully it lives up to the hype on both sides. I just hope it is a good injury free game and everyone makes it to and from the game without incident. BE SAFE.

Oh and Panthers win 45-42!

Bullaholic
No, I just figure that's about how long it will take! :D Or hoping anyway. Forgot Bport throws the ball...:mad: that could slow the game down...oh wait...they won't have the ball, but maybe 5 or 6 times! :cool:

Sinton turncoat....:D We will only NEED to have the ball 5 or 6 times. :tongue:

Ranger Mom
12-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
Speaking of someone with the head up the rear syndrome.
Get back in the gym, crybaby! 31-28 31-28 31-28 31-28

WOW!! The longer this thread gets the more that maturity level drops!!:dispntd:

pirate4state
12-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Sinton turncoat....:D We will only NEED to have the ball 5 or 6 times. :tongue: You gotta score those 5-6 times and I just don't see it happening! If you do then I'll cheer you on in the next round. :)

Bullaholic
12-05-2008, 05:16 PM
To all fans going to this game. Please drive safe and enjoy the game between two great teams. Hopefully it lives up to the hype on both sides. I just hope it is a good injury free game and everyone makes it to and from the game without incident. BE SAFE.

Oh and Panthers win 45-42!

Thanks, LHex, and the same to you and all of the LH faithfull. Hope I get the chance to shake many hands.

Bullaholic
12-05-2008, 05:20 PM
You gotta score those 5-6 times and I just don't see it happening! If you do then I'll cheer you on in the next round. :)

LOL---nice recovery. Be carefull on your way, and I hope to see you at the M&G---that is if you haven't become too big of a radio personality to mix with us common folk---don't get too close to G2 in that booth---he tends to jump up and down, chase his tail, and bite when he gets excited. :D

firstcat
12-05-2008, 05:20 PM
My worK-day is done, and I am going home to get ready for tomorrow. I can't wait!
Safe travels, and it will be good to finally see a packed house on the other side of the field...hasn't been happening much lately...that is, if all the talk is true and Bidgeport brings a big crowd.

It's been fun "shootin' the bull" with ya'll. ;)

PANTHERS ROLL!!!!

Runnin Panther
12-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Thanks, LHex, and the same to you and all of the LH faithfull. Hope I get the chance to shake many hands.

Oh man, are we already to the Kumbaya, wish everyone a safe trip and kiss and make up portion of the thread?
There is still 24 hours until game time, plenty of smack talking time left.

Panthers by 21

Bullaholic
12-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
Oh man, are we already to the Kumbaya, wish everyone a safe trip and kiss and make up portion of the thread?
There is still 24 hours until game time, plenty of smack talking time left.

Panthers by 21

LOL. You're "Hardcore", RP.

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
I’ve heard Vance has made the Panthers go vegetarian all week and their mouths are watering for some Ground Beef. I’d sure hate to be a BP Bull when the hungry Panthers take the field. The faint of heart better stay at home cuz it might get ugly. :eek:
87 cans of refried beans have been consumed by the beast. You're right...it could get REAL ugly. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Budman007
12-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
WOW!! The longer this thread gets the more that maturity level drops!!:dispntd:

WOW!! wtfootball actually has one friend in west Texas!:D

Runnin Panther
12-05-2008, 05:32 PM
87 cans of refried beans have been consumed by the beast. You're right...it could get REAL ugly. :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D :D :D

Runnin Panther
12-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks to all the BP fans for making this a fun week on the downlow. Safe trip everyone and God Bless.

And may the best team win (psst…it’s the Panthers).

whatdoiknow?
12-05-2008, 05:38 PM

The refs make you play according to the rules and this is how you react? You admitted earlier to a "little hold" but left out the fact the holding was in the gap the back went through. The fact is, Monahans was lucky to get as far as they did and they were lucky Bridgeport did not play well or they would have been out of that game in the first half. You can't expect the officials to not call holding when your offensive line tackles defenders every play.

Ranger Mom
12-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
WOW!! wtfootball actually has one friend in west Texas!:D

Where did I say I agreed with him???

When I read "31-28 31-28 31-28 31-28"....I immediately thought of my 3 and 5 year old nephews....hence my "maturity level" post!!

:p

Budman007
12-05-2008, 05:49 PM
To all the Liberty Hill fans on this site. Please remember this one thing between now and tomorrow evening:

YOU MESS WITH THE BULL, YOU GET THE HORNS!!!

http://keef.tv/images/uploads/BullFight.jpg

GO BULLS 44-30!!!

ShortDog68
12-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Alas comes the day
when the Bulls meet the Cats,
There will be screeching and snorting
And clashing of bones and hats.
Thunder will sound,
Lightning will strike.
The Bulls will roll downhill
And out of sight.
Come next week some, if few will recall
Who the Cats conquered,
Probably confuse their name.
We will move on to the next round,
While y’all talk about what if,
Could’ve and should happened in the game.
Its okay you weren’t the first,
Nor the last.
To be silenced and humbled
By the mighty Cats.

-Go Cats

Merry Christmas & Ho Ho Ho.....

slingshot
12-05-2008, 05:56 PM
I think your Defense will be backing up quite a bit. LH has moved many better Defenses back (i.e. Sweetwater, Wylie, Giddings). You did move Wylie back... in the 1st half--looked a shocked and awed in the 2nd half when your mis-direction stuff quit working and we started pushing you all over the field. Would of loved to get another shot at you guys... Oh well--guess you'll just have to be satisfied with beating up on Bridgeport and we'll have to be satisfied with gunning for a Div I title. Go Panthers!

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by ShortDog68
Alas comes the day
Thunder will sound,
Lightning will strike.
And out of sight.
Who the Cats conquered,
Nor the last.
By the mighty Cats.

-Go Cats

Bravo! :clap: :clap:

Budman007
12-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by ShortDog68
Alas comes the day
Thunder will sound,
Lightning will strike.
And out of sight.
Who the Cats conquered,
Nor the last.
By the mighty Cats.

-Go Cats

I do like that "The Bulls will roll" part. Good job!;)

GO BULLS 44-30!!!

BullsFan
12-05-2008, 06:18 PM

Whatever. :rolleyes:

Maybe the BP fans don't have to pump ourselves up by reminding ourselves how good we are over and over and, for example, over. Maybe we prefer to say it on the field.

Of course, I leave Bullaholic and Budman out of that. :D

In all seriousness, lack of posting does not equal lack of confidence. I have al the faith in the world that our boys will take care of business, just like they've done every time they've had to this year.

ETA: You know, you may believe lack of posting = lack of confidence, but I'm beginning to wonder if the opposite isn't true--the VAST majority of this thread is LH, not Bridgeport. Maybe we're not the ones who are feeling a little insecure about this weekend...

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2008, 06:42 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/brandon_heart.jpg
Awww...he was such a little guy back then. :kiss:

Super_R
12-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
ETA: You know, you may believe lack of posting = lack of confidence, but I'm beginning to wonder if the opposite isn't true--the VAST majority of this thread is LH, not Bridgeport. Maybe we're not the ones who are feeling a little insecure about this weekend...

Or maybe the Bull faithful are a little nervous...and have a bad case of the squirts and are spending all their time on the "throne".

Come on with the come on!

Blue 200!

Panther One
12-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Maybe we prefer to say it on the field...
If you want to say it on the field, that's fine, but don't expect me to come down there to listen to you...

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Or maybe the Bull faithful are a little nervous...and have a bad case of the squirts and are spending all their time on the "throne".

Come on with the come on!

Blue 200!
In Bovine, I believe that is called the scours. :p

All out CAT
12-05-2008, 06:49 PM

But in Texas, it's skire's...kinda like skeered.

Super_R
12-05-2008, 06:50 PM

Whatever it's called its gotta be nasty as hell. I sure feel bad for MAMABull...cleaning all that you know what up can't be easy.

BullsFan
12-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
If you want to say it on the field, that's fine, but don't expect me to come down there to listen to you...

Now see, THAT'S actually funny.

slpybear the bullfan
12-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Now see, THAT'S actually funny.

Meh. If you say so. Now your brother... HE is funny....

:D

BullsFan
12-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Meh. If you say so. Now your brother... HE is funny....

:D

Looking?

Heh heh. Sorry. Apparently I had a little GrampaBear lurking in there.

8HR
12-05-2008, 07:50 PM
LH Winning Streak (37-0)

Rockdale
Hutto
Taylor
Cameron Yoe
China Spring
Crockett
Sweeny
Giddings
Hondo
Celina
Waco Connally
Burnet
Gatesville
Cuero
Wimberley
Rockdale
Hutto
Taylor
Cameron Yoe
Waco Robinson
Carthage
Navasota
Pleasanton
Gilmer
Giddings
Abilene Wylie
Manor
Brownwood
Fredericksburg
Burnet
Ingram Moore
Canyon Lake
Wimberley
Llano
West
Vernon
Sweetwater
???Bridgeport???

bp80884
12-05-2008, 08:47 PM
I am sorry if this has already been discussed. However, is there a meet and greet at the game tomorrow in Waco? My son and I are going to be going and would love to meet up with the 3aDL folks!

Super_R
12-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by 8HR
LH Winning Streak (37-0)

Rockdale
Hutto
Taylor
Cameron Yoe
China Spring
Crockett
Sweeny
Giddings
Hondo
Celina
Waco Connally
Burnet
Gatesville
Cuero
Wimberley
Rockdale
Hutto
Taylor
Cameron Yoe
Waco Robinson
Carthage
Navasota
Pleasanton
Gilmer
Giddings
Abilene Wylie
Manor
Brownwood
Fredericksburg
Burnet
Ingram Moore
Canyon Lake
Wimberley
Llano
West
Vernon
Sweetwater
???Bridgeport???

Change that 37 to a 38 and knock those question marks off that last entry and you have a brilliant post.

Beast Fan
12-05-2008, 08:58 PM
To all you Bull fans that get to see the game: fFirst off I'm jealous bcuz I can't be there. I have been fortunate enough to watch LH play a few times in the last 3 yrs. I watch a lot of ball but there is a phenom that happens at LH games I have never experienced. LH fans might not pick up on it bcuz they see it week in and week out and there eyes see the game different. BP will spend the first half thinking that LH is getting an unfair spot by the refs.
I have been disapointed by so many LH off plays where the ball carrier was stopped at the line of scrimmage, then the chains move 3 or 4 yds. My eyes are trying to find the ball and where the RB is tackled and he gains one or less yds from the Line of Scrimmage. When in reality tha LOS moved 3 or 4 yds in a fraction. Second.
The only time I have witnessed this. The LH LOS isn't where the ball is snapped from it instantly moves. JMO

wtfootball
12-05-2008, 09:00 PM
If Bridgeport says ANYTHING about an unfair spot, lightning should strike on the spot!!!!!!
If they had anything close to fair spots, they would be at the house and LH would be playing a real team that would actually give them a challenge.

slpybear the bullfan
12-05-2008, 09:10 PM
*yawn*

If Bridgeport says ANYTHING about an unfair spot, lightning should strike on the spot!!!!!!
If they had anything close to fair spots, they would be at the house and LH would be playing a real team that would actually give them a challenge.

Super_R
12-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Beast Fan
To all you Bull fans that get to see the game: fFirst off I'm jealous bcuz I can't be there. I have been fortunate enough to watch LH play a few times in the last 3 yrs. I watch a lot of ball but there is a phenom that happens at LH games I have never experienced. LH fans might not pick up on it bcuz they see it week in and week out and there eyes see the game different. BP will spend the first half thinking that LH is getting an unfair spot by the refs.
I have been disapointed by so many LH off plays where the ball carrier was stopped at the line of scrimmage, then the chains move 3 or 4 yds. My eyes are trying to find the ball and where the RB is tackled and he gains one or less yds from the Line of Scrimmage. When in reality tha LOS moved 3 or 4 yds in a fraction. Second.
The only time I have witnessed this. The LH LOS isn't where the ball is snapped from it instantly moves. JMO

I notice it...it's kinda cool.

It's also fun to watch the fans over the past 8 years change from those who just sit...eat popcorn and dogs and visit. (I'm not talking about he "Crew"). They would complain how on 1st down we would rumble off 2 or 3 yards...then on 2nd down we would get 3 or 4 more...then on 3rd down we would get enough for a measurement and if that wasn't enough for it...Vance would go for it on 4th without hesitation. All the while you start to hear screams of..."pass the ball...they're stopping our run". Little did they know that today some 7 years later...after Vance and COMPANY (I'll get back to the and COMPANY later) have got the "system" in place we are on the 37 game win streak storm which has demolished 2 State Championships...with another on the horizon.

Vance is a brilliant person. He knows what he wants...he settles for nothing less than that. He has expectations and goals and he moves forward toward then perpetually. When I accuse him of being brilliant I can't speak of his knowledge of x's and o's, because I'm sure there are some coaches out there that have more knowledge of that...yet they are Championshipless. I am accusing him of that because of the way he instills his beliefs to his players. If you see their eyes before the game you will know exactly what I mean...they have no fear in their eyes, just a goal. I also make my claim of his wisdom because of the COMPANY he keeps. These are his Captains...the assistants around him. He surrounds himself with Coaches that know what they are doing and understand what needs to be done to reach success.

People seem to think that the Slot-T is the formula for success. I say that’s false. The formula is in the paragraphs above. A Great leader surrounded by great leaders and a unified understanging…and the priceless ability to instill that into each and every player in “the Program” If you can do that…well we in LH know what happens.

Bullaholic
12-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by bp80884
I am sorry if this has already been discussed. However, is there a meet and greet at the game tomorrow in Waco? My son and I are going to be going and would love to meet up with the 3aDL folks!

Endzone opposite the scoreboard at halftime. Hope you will join us.

Bullish
12-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Update on Kaufman and Celina

2:36 left in the 2nd quarter, it's Celina 21
Kaufman 0

Celina is dominating, and it looks like the Bulls will be playing another bunch of housecats next week.

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Bullish
Update on Kaufman and Celina

2:36 left in the 2nd quarter, it's Celina 21
Kaufman 0

Celina is dominating, and it looks like the Bulls will be playing another bunch of housecats next week.

Whoa. Tap the brakes there.

The One
12-05-2008, 09:46 PM
If they had anything close to fair spots, they would be at the house and LH would be playing a real team that would actually give them a challenge. Dude you cant be seriously talking about last week.

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by bp80884
Yes, there's a thread going that I'll bump as well, but halftime, opposite end from the scoreboard. :)

:doh: :doh: Sorry, didn't see there was an answer already.

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2008, 10:54 PM

It's also fun to watch the fans over the past 8 years change from those who just sit...eat popcorn and dogs and visit. (I'm not talking about he "Crew"). They would complain how on 1st down we would rumble off 2 or 3 yards...then on 2nd down we would get 3 or 4 more...then on 3rd down we would get enough for a measurement and if that wasn't enough for it...Vance would go for it on 4th without hesitation. All the while you start to hear screams of..."pass the ball...they're stopping our run". Little did they know that today some 7 years later...after Vance and COMPANY (I'll get back to the and COMPANY later) have got the "system" in place we are on the 37 game win streak storm which has demolished 2 State Championships...with another on the horizon.

Vance is a brilliant person. He knows what he wants...he settles for nothing less than that. He has expectations and goals and he moves forward toward then perpetually. When I accuse him of being brilliant I can't speak of his knowledge of x's and o's, because I'm sure there are some coaches out there that have more knowledge of that...yet they are Championshipless. I am accusing him of that because of the way he instills his beliefs to his players. If you see their eyes before the game you will know exactly what I mean...they have no fear in their eyes, just a goal. I also make my claim of his wisdom because of the COMPANY he keeps. These are his Captains...the assistants around him. He surrounds himself with Coaches that know what they are doing and understand what needs to be done to reach success.

People seem to think that the Slot-T is the formula for success. I say that’s false. The formula is in the paragraphs above. A Great leader surrounded by great leaders and a unified understanging…and the priceless ability to instill that into each and every player in “the Program” If you can do that…well we in LH know what happens.
Excellent! And I couldn't agree more!

(Okay, other than the "why aren't you passing....run something different, they're stopping us". Those folks are still around. :rolleyes: :doh: )

Super_R
12-05-2008, 11:08 PM

(Okay, other than the "why aren't you passing....run something different, they're stopping us". Those folks are still around. :rolleyes: :doh: )

Those are the new ones to the fan base...we get more each week and they haven't learned yet.

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Those are the new ones to the fan base...we get more each week and they haven't learned yet.
I think they learned Saturday. Sometimes (not very often mind you) I can't keep my mouth shut. :devil:

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 11:11 PM
I think they learned Saturday. Sometimes (not very often mind you) I can't keep my mouth shut. :devil:

Yep it's real fun when they sit right next to you.

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Are you going to be able to listen? If not I can text you updates. Very nice post, BTW. :thumbsup:

WOS87
12-05-2008, 11:19 PM

DITTO!

I agree completely...

The Slot-T (and its variations) have been around for years and although Liberty Hill has most definitely had more success BY FAR with it than any other larger classification teams (3A-5A) that I am aware of, I would think that the fact that many other teams run the exact same offense would point more towards the superiority of discipline, tradition and great coaching of the team than the offense itself.

WOS heard all week prior to the Caldwell playoff game that we were going to be surprised by an offense we had never seen before (the Slot-T) yet we beat them 37-7.

CSG'S FO LIFE
12-05-2008, 11:25 PM
will there be a meet and greet? i think im planning on going to this one, party cuz its 5 min away from CS

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by CSG'S FO LIFE
will there be a meet and greet? i think im planning on going to this one, party cuz its 5 min away from CS
Yes, there's a thread going that I bumped as well, but halftime, opposite end from the scoreboard. :)

Super_R
12-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Yes, there's a thread going that I bumped as well, but halftime, opposite end from the scoreboard. :)

I might just have to go to this m&g. I know Dadd D will want to go.

DaHop72
12-05-2008, 11:37 PM
I might just have to go to this m&g. I know Dadd D will want to go. Daddy D staying in Abilene to study for finals.

Bull_Guy
12-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Ok guys... This will be my last post before the game and i want to go ahead and get this out... so it doesnt get misinterpreted (SP?) if i post it after the game.

Im extremely impressed by both teams and am ready for an amazing game tomorrow night! I will be greatly saddened but not at all embarrased to congratulate liberty hill on a win should it be so. (hopefully it will be bport :D) and have no hard feelings either way! Like its been said all along these are two great teams and both have the talent to win.

I hope no one gets hurt, i hope every one travels safe, and i hope the fans are loud! Because the atmoshpere and the game will be what some of these kids have as a last memory of their football career.

Good luck to both teams and i cant wait for the game to begin!

Super_R
12-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Daddy D staying in Abilene to study for finals.

Last I heard he would be there. I'll know for sure in a bit...i just shot him a text.

DaHop72
12-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Last I heard he would be there. I'll know for sure in a bit...i just shot him a text. I was just going by this post earlier.

Originally posted by Daddy D 11
It's actually looking like I'm not going to make it after all. I told LHPM earlier in the week that I didn't think I'd be able to make it because of Finals next week. Then found out this morning that my hardest final will be Monday @ 8 A.M. So I don't think I can afford to "play" all day and night Saturday. I'm going to be reading and reading and reading some more instead.

But, I will be with you in spirit men!
Viva la Old Codgers!:cheerl:

Super_R
12-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Well...I have sad news. Daddy D will not make the farewell game for the Bulls. I know this comes as a shocker but he must take care of business elsewhere.:nerd:

Panther One
12-06-2008, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
DITTO!

I agree completely...

The Slot-T (and its variations) have been around for years and although Liberty Hill has most definitely had more success BY FAR with it than any other larger classification teams (3A-5A) that I am aware of, I would think that the fact that many other teams run the exact same offense would point more towards the superiority of discipline, tradition and great coaching of the team than the offense itself.

WOS heard all week prior to the Caldwell playoff game that we were going to be surprised by an offense we had never seen before (the Slot-T) yet we beat them 37-7.

The strength and conditioning program and the amount of work our guys put in during the off-season and summer is as big a reason for our success as any. It's pretty amazing when players, who as freshmen didn't look like they'd ever be varsity players, work their butts off and end up starting as seniors. There's not a program in the state that has players working as hard as ours. There might be several that match our efforts, but none that top us. The offense gets a lot of credit, but it's the players in it that make it what it is. Afterall, we don't run the slot T on defense. We just have a bunch of hard working players that play their tails off.

A lot of coaches want to know our secret. We have staffs visiting practices during the playoffs every year and meeting with our coaches at clinics to learn the offense. The secret to our success, however, is the entire program. It's how we do everything and it's the type of kids we have. Everything we do fits our players perfectly, and when things come together like that, you have success.

OrangeChamps
12-06-2008, 02:49 AM
The strength and conditioning program and the amount of work our guys put in during the off-season and summer is as big a reason for our success as any. It's pretty amazing when players, who as freshmen didn't look like they'd ever be varsity players, work their butts off and end up starting as seniors. There's not a program in the state that has players working as hard as ours. There might be several that match our efforts, but none that top us. The offense gets a lot of credit, but it's the players in it that make it what it is. Afterall, we don't run the slot T on defense. We just have a bunch of hard working players that play their tails off.

A lot of coaches want to know our secret. We have staffs visiting practices during the playoffs every year and meeting with our coaches at clinics to learn the offense. The secret to our success, however, is the entire program. It's how we do everything and it's the type of kids we have. Everything we do fits our players perfectly, and when things come together like that, you have success.

I think you just explained Celina's winning strategy for the past 20 years. LH has figured it out, be interesting to see if they can maintain it.

LH_Tuff
12-06-2008, 06:38 AM

So true. And it does not start in high school. I have a son in 7th grade this year. They are now in 'off season'. They spend 1.5 hours everyday lifting weights and or running. They are learning what dedication is all about. It is great. My son tells me 2-3 times a week he can't wait until next season starts.

Super_R
12-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Well ladeis and gents...it's 11 hours and 19 minutes till kickoff. And Bridgeport still sucks!!!:stirpot:

Bullish
12-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Pass the purple kool-aid.

Bullish
12-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Well ladeis and gents...it's 11 hours and 19 minutes till kickoff. And Bridgeport still sucks!!!:stirpot:

Hey, I just noticed LH folks can't tell time or can't count, one or the other---that should have been 12 hours and 19 minutes, 'cuz even now it's still 11 hours 52 minutes until kickoff.

Seriously, looking forward to the game, everybody be safe on the road.

wtfootball
12-06-2008, 08:47 AM
Bridgeport
The city that cheated their way into the quarter finals.
GO LH!

LH_Tuff
12-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Bridgeport
GO LH!

Why don't you give it a break? No amount of drivel will change the outcome of the game last week. Everyone has disappointments in their lives. Some fair, some not so fair. This is life. Life is something you need to get on with. Think about the goodness your team accomplished this year instead of the perceived misfortunes.

You are supporting LH for the wrong reasons. And if BP wins you will support Celina next week. You are pitiful. Give it up.

Super_R
12-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Bullish
Hey, I just noticed LH folks can't tell time or can't count, one or the other---that should have been 12 hours and 19 minutes, 'cuz even now it's still 11 hours 52 minutes until kickoff.

Seriously, looking forward to the game, everybody be safe on the road.

Ok...so you had one more hour until we put you out of your misery. My wife had to gut up and leave at 6 this morning...so much for sleeping in...and she didn't even make my cup of coffee before she left....why I outta...

I'm better now...i just kicked the dog.

Super_R
12-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Bridgeport
GO LH!

He has tons of anger in him...he is probably an only child with little man syndrome and a bad case of acne. It's ok. Monohans will be fine without him. I have lost no respect for the Lobos.

If I offended any only children...anyone with little man/woman syndrome...or an acne sufferer I apologise...and I mean it.

BigBully
12-06-2008, 09:42 AM
If I offended any only children...anyone with little man/woman syndrome...or an acne sufferer I apologise...and I mean it.

Better be glad you added that line, trust me, I know the consequences!

Today feels a little bit like Christmas morning for me and the neighbor kid across the street, except Santa is only coming to see one of us. Who will it be?

Bulls 41
Kitties 28

LH_Tuff
12-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by BigBully

Today feels a little bit like Christmas morning for me and the neighbor kid across the street, except Santa is only coming to see one of us. Who will it be?

Bulls 41
Kitties 28

You had to be the first BP poster of the day. :p ;)

Ranger Mom
12-06-2008, 09:46 AM

apples and oranges, my friend!!:rolleyes:

Bullaholic
12-06-2008, 09:48 AM
Game Day at last.....

It's really been a pleasure trading jabs with all of you LH folks and I look forward to a great game between two exciting, fired-up teams. Needless to say, I have all the respect in the world for the LH players and you fans---you have been where most are still dreaming of getting in Texas HS football and are attempting to set the bar higher still. I wish you all safe travel and return, and a clean, injury-free game.

I hope that many of you who participated in this monumental thread had fun during your visits, and I hope all those who just read the posts came away with something that they enjoyed reading and learned more about the football played by 2 fine schools, and maybe even had a smile put on your faces now and then.

I trust that your love for Texas HS football is exceeded only by your love for the kids who play it purely for the pride in their schools, their towns, and themselves. God Bless and be with you all.

LH_Tuff
12-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Game Day at last.....

It's really been a pleasure trading jabs with all of you LH folks and I look forward to a great game between two exciting, fired-up teams. Needless to say, I have all the respect in the world for the LH players and you fans---you have been where most are still dreaming of getting in Texas HS football and are attempting to set the bar higher still. I wish you all safe travel and return, and a clean, injury-free game.

I hope that many of you who participated in this monumental thread had fun during your visits, and I hope all those who just read the posts came away with something that they enjoyed reading and learned more about the football played by 2 fine schools, and maybe even had a smile put on your faces now and then.

I trust that your love for Texas HS football is exceeded only by your love for the kids who play it purely for the pride in their schools, their towns, and themselves. God Bless and be with you all.

This has been a fun fun week of banter. One I have really enjoyed.

I think this will be a classic game. A well played, hard fought battle. Both teams will surely leave it all on the field tonight. We are all in for a treat. This is what HS football is all about.

Here is to a injury free game and safe travels to all. See you in Waco.

catdaddy
12-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Just wanted to get my last two cents in here. Best wishes on a safe trip for everyone and a safe game for all the players excluding the refs...:D

catdaddy
12-06-2008, 10:13 AM
http://www.naz.edu:9000/~tjgrzybe/images/penny.gif http://www.naz.edu:9000/~tjgrzybe/images/penny.gif
Hey, I found two more...

BigBully
12-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
You had to be the first BP poster of the day. :p ;)

Was that a shot? I am very offended by that.

BigBully
12-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
apples and oranges, my friend!!:rolleyes:

True

Super_R
12-06-2008, 10:42 AM
I'm off to take my kiddos to their church thing. While I'm up there I'll say a few act of contrition prayers for you bulbelly.

I'll be back for one last pre-game post.

This has been a fun week on the board.

Oh...i just heard on the news that Mad Cow disease is another name for cattle with the craps and shakes. And I heard it hit Bridgeport pretty bad this week!

BigBully
12-06-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm off to take my kiddos to their church thing. While I'm up there I'll say a few act of contrition prayers for you bulbelly.

Thank you Super, I need it more than you know. 3 Hail Mary's and Go Bulls would be appreciated.

LH_Tuff
12-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Was that a shot? I am very offended by that.

Really? Not meant to offend. Have a good Day.

wimbo_pro
12-06-2008, 11:13 AM

**yawn**

edited

BigBully
12-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Really? Not meant to offend. Have a good Day.

Just playin' bro, I am not easily offended. But thanks for caring a little about my feelings, not many do around here! Have a better day!

wimbo_pro
12-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Bridgeport
GO LH!

this is sad...

OldBison75
12-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Okay, it's finally game day and the emotions are starting to really ratchet up for both fans and players from both teams. Alot of people, both posters from both towns and others, are starting to get that tingle in their stomachs that tells them that they realize that this could be the last week of football for their team. Many that have shown undying devotions to their team are starting to think about the taste of crow for some of the things they have said. BUT, this thread has had some very adamant posters and the banter has been spirited and civil for the most part. Truly devoted fans that believe in their teams and will stand up for them no matter what are a real pleasure to follow.

Tonight, each team will put a group of kids from 15 to 18 years old on the field of battle. They will carry the heavy burden of meeting the expectations of their town, fans, and themselves. This is a huge burden for such young shoulders and we often overlook the pressure these kids face each and every week in Texas High School football.

One team will win and one will lose the game, but none of them are losers. They have carried the hopes and dreams of a community of fans, players and wannabe football players every week. They have proven that they belong in this game, this week, in this stadium. They have met every challenge and found the right combination of hard work, teamwork, dedication, and even luck to remain undefeated to this night. They are all winners!!!!!

Remember, tell your children that they are winners regardless of the outcome of the game. Make them realize that the game of life and football have alot of setbacks that you can't control and that the mark of a winner is to give 100 % al the time and accept that sometime that is not good enough. But, even if you don't reach a goal in the game, you build on that setback and find a way to fix what went wrong and move forward to the next battle, whether on the field, in the classroom, or in the world in general.

Congratulations to both teams and every player and coach on a wonderful season. There will probably be about 175 players and 10,000 fans in that stadium tonight that are all in a place that thousands of other high school athletes and fans would give anything to experience. Respect them and remember that this is a game of competetion betwen young men that are still finding themselves and establishing values that they will have to rely on the rest of their lives. Cheer them for the effort, Cheer them for the dedication, and cheer them for the pleasure of seeing great kids doing what they love. Cheer for the winners and losers in this game and let them know you appreciate the entertainment you have had watching them represent you and your town.

Good luck tonight to both teams, I hope that when the game is over, every person in the stands and every player can look each other in they eye and be proud of every kid that set foot on the field. Hold your heads high and walk proud, be honored that you have been blessed to play at this level and never , ever let it be said that you are not a winner. This is just a single battle in the game of your life. Most victors in war have lost a few battles, but the object is to win the war. When your life is remembered, hopefully many years from now, this night will be a defining moment in the way people remember you character.

Wish I could be there for this great football game between to great teams.

Beast Fan
12-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
**yawn**

edited

No this is sad. I thought you of all people with
All your wisdom would know this.

IT'S NOT EVERY DAY WE BUTCHER BUT WE BUTCHER TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wimbo_pro
12-06-2008, 01:14 PM
No this is sad. I thought you of all people with
All your wisdom would know this.

IT'S NOT EVERY DAY WE BUTCHER BUT WE BUTCHER TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I am complimenting him. There were many accusations in the past ....from opponents AND local fans...who said the same. He has shown class in the championships of the last two years. You never hear even the slightest accusation of these things anymore. Hence, a compliment.

And dont even try and think I was refering to the kids who play for LH...as I have said many times, they are every bit as classy and promising as any kids at ANY school...including ours.

LHexPlayer
12-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Actually, I am complimenting him. There were many accusations in the past ....from opponents AND local fans...who said the same. He has shown class in the championships of the last two years. You never hear even the slightest accusation of these things anymore. Hence, a compliment.

And dont even try and think I was refering to the kids who play for LH...as I have said many times, they are every bit as classy and promising as any kids at ANY school...including ours.

I agree Wimbo we do kneel on the ball more at the end of games now than in years past. I remember games when we never let up. And we would be accused of running up the score those games. It was probably justified. I also know we were accused of running up the score in games when we played a lot of back ups and they scored too. But you are right there seems to have been a change in philosophy from our coaching staff in the last two years. Just my opinion.

LH_Tuff
12-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Okay, it's finally game day and the emotions are starting to really ratchet up for both fans and players from both teams. Alot of people, both posters from both towns and others, are starting to get that tingle in their stomachs that tells them that they realize that this could be the last week of football for their team. Many that have shown undying devotions to their team are starting to think about the taste of crow for some of the things they have said. BUT, this thread has had some very adamant posters and the banter has been spirited and civil for the most part. Truly devoted fans that believe in their teams and will stand up for them no matter what are a real pleasure to follow.

Tonight, each team will put a group of kids from 15 to 18 years old on the field of battle. They will carry the heavy burden of meeting the expectations of their town, fans, and themselves. This is a huge burden for such young shoulders and we often overlook the pressure these kids face each and every week in Texas High School football.

One team will win and one will lose the game, but none of them are losers. They have carried the hopes and dreams of a community of fans, players and wannabe football players every week. They have proven that they belong in this game, this week, in this stadium. They have met every challenge and found the right combination of hard work, teamwork, dedication, and even luck to remain undefeated to this night. They are all winners!!!!!

Remember, tell your children that they are winners regardless of the outcome of the game. Make them realize that the game of life and football have alot of setbacks that you can't control and that the mark of a winner is to give 100 % al the time and accept that sometime that is not good enough. But, even if you don't reach a goal in the game, you build on that setback and find a way to fix what went wrong and move forward to the next battle, whether on the field, in the classroom, or in the world in general.

Congratulations to both teams and every player and coach on a wonderful season. There will probably be about 175 players and 10,000 fans in that stadium tonight that are all in a place that thousands of other high school athletes and fans would give anything to experience. Respect them and remember that this is a game of competetion betwen young men that are still finding themselves and establishing values that they will have to rely on the rest of their lives. Cheer them for the effort, Cheer them for the dedication, and cheer them for the pleasure of seeing great kids doing what they love. Cheer for the winners and losers in this game and let them know you appreciate the entertainment you have had watching them represent you and your town.

Good luck tonight to both teams, I hope that when the game is over, every person in the stands and every player can look each other in they eye and be proud of every kid that set foot on the field. Hold your heads high and walk proud, be honored that you have been blessed to play at this level and never , ever let it be said that you are not a winner. This is just a single battle in the game of your life. Most victors in war have lost a few battles, but the object is to win the war. When your life is remembered, hopefully many years from now, this night will be a defining moment in the way people remember you character.

Wish I could be there for this great football game between to great teams.

OK OldBison I think I have you pegged. Is your real name Tony Robbins?

wimbo_pro
12-06-2008, 01:29 PM
I agree Wimbo we do kneel on the ball more at the end of games now than in years past. I remember games when we never let up. And we would be accused of running up the score those games. It was probably justified. I also know we were accused of running up the score in games when we played a lot of back ups and they scored too. But you are right there seems to have been a change in philosophy from our coaching staff in the last two years. Just my opinion.

Agreed. And kudo's to Coach Vance for it. I am also told that there is a much bigger effort to get all players in a game where possible (though this year has been a bit tougher to do that than the last few due to margins of victory). In my view, this is a sign of a class coaching staff.

LH_Tuff
12-06-2008, 01:34 PM

You know, I have thought about this quite a bit in the past. I would sit at the games and wonder why we would not take a knee when the outcome is obvious. One thing that came to mind was that before the last 2 years, LH really had no defense and would have to outscore everyone. so I think the mindset at the time was all guns all the time. Once the defense starting coming around I believe Vance has become more confident. Just my opinion.

wimbo_pro
12-06-2008, 01:44 PM
You know, I have thought about this quite a bit in the past. I would sit at the games and wonder why we would not take a knee when the outcome is obvious. One thing that came to mind was that before the last 2 years, LH really had no defense and would have to outscore everyone. so I think the mindset at the time was all guns all the time. Once the defense starting coming around I believe Vance has become more confident. Just my opinion.

Could be...good point.

OldBison75
12-06-2008, 01:44 PM
LH Tuff, I ain't Troy Robbins. But, I will give you a hint---I came from a small town called Buffalo (purple and gold colors). I live in Navasota (whipped last year by LH) and I love HS football.

In over 50 years on this earth, I have had the priviledge of having a father that was a high school football announcer and at an early age I was in the clubhouse before games meeting coaches and players with him. I have also had the privilege of watching over 200 different teams play football in the hotbed of Texas Football. I have seen many great citizens that have stepped from the also run football programs of the state and make a name for themselves on the basis of what they were taught about sportsmanship, dedication, committment, and teamwork. I have also seen many with great promise, pushed to the point of believeing themselves unreplaceable because of the actions of school officials and fans, that have been failures in life.

I honestly believe that if the coach and fans of this great game give these kids the encouragement and leadership to deal with being winners and losing, this world will be a better place. Excuses are signs that you think you have been cheated. In reality, only you have control of your life and how you respond to adversity is your character. Teach kids to be able to look in the mirror and admit to mistakes and know the mistakes happened while you wer giving your all and then move forward, and we will have a better society.

Just the ranting of an old man.

wimbo_pro
12-06-2008, 01:48 PM
I agree OldBison...this game is not about the championships (though its hard to remember that when you are in the running for it)...its about developing the character of boys into men.

LH_Tuff
12-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
LH Tuff, I ain't Troy Robbins. But, I will give you a hint---I came from a small town called Buffalo (purple and gold colors). I live in Navasota (whipped last year by LH) and I love HS football.

In over 50 years on this earth, I have had the priviledge of having a father that was a high school football announcer and at an early age I was in the clubhouse before games meeting coaches and players with him. I have also had the privilege of watching over 200 different teams play football in the hotbed of Texas Football. I have seen many great citizens that have stepped from the also run football programs of the state and make a name for themselves on the basis of what they were taught about sportsmanship, dedication, committment, and teamwork. I have also seen many with great promise, pushed to the point of believeing themselves unreplaceable because of the actions of school officials and fans, that have been failures in life.

I honestly believe that if the coach and fans of this great game give these kids the encouragement and leadership to deal with being winners and losing, this world will be a better place. Excuses are signs that you think you have been cheated. In reality, only you have control of your life and how you respond to adversity is your character. Teach kids to be able to look in the mirror and admit to mistakes and know the mistakes happened while you wer giving your all and then move forward, and we will have a better society.

Just the ranting of an old man.

You are so right. I have 2 sons (13 &12). Both are very much into sports. My oldest plays select soccer and football. I teach them that as long as they give 100% at anything they do , they can never hang their head. As well, if you get beat, congratulate the other team for a job well done and learn from the experience to make yourself better the next time. Always have a positive attitude (win or lose).

Thanks for your inspirational post. You are a wise man.

LHHS/LSHPanther
12-06-2008, 03:36 PM
I have sat here and watched this forum for the past 2 years... it took the Bridgeport fans to finally get me on here! Have listened to Celina and Gilmer and everybody before them talk their smack/trash. I don't believe in that... tell what your teams can do and hope that it is in there training and coaching that will take them to the next level. I come from Lufkin where all that mattered was doing all that you can do and make sure you give it your all! The one thing that made me consider living in Liberty Hill was just that! We have been in 2 different regions since i have been here. I have watch Coach Vance create the hardest schedule that these boys could endure. As is sit here, I applaude our boys b/c of what they have overcome. Beating a Celina team considered the best in the state...beating a Gilmer team with 7 D1 recruits...who knows what is store for this year, except a bunch of hardcore Texas Football. This class of Seniors has had the hardest path of all... and they will overcome..win or loose! These boys will know what life is about. Bridgeport, I hope that all of your boys plays to the best of their ability...that is what this is about! My son would be starting this year, but found out in March that he could no longer play. He was being looked at by Texas and Army... he is now a student assistant... keeping stats for Vance. Hardest thing for him... I told him enjoy what you do have and keep in mind what these coaches have taught you.

No matter what happens today...noting has been lost!

Go LH!

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by LHHS/LSHPanther
He was being looked at by Texas and Army...
That's interesting to know. :thinking: :thinking:

Super_R
12-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Floyd Casey here we come.

Bulls suck

38-0!

slpybear the bullfan
12-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Floyd Casey here we come.

Bulls suck

38-0!

*sigh*

Oh well, to all the fans that had a great time on here this week pumping up their team... safe travel, enjoy the game, and here's to injury free football tonight.

Heading out to Waco now... soooooooooooooooooooooo glad the boring smack talk is over. Ready to watch some ball.

Win or lose, we love you Bulls! Go beat those Cats! I hope everyone can play, even if dinked up!

35-31. BULLS.

wimbo_pro
12-06-2008, 04:49 PM
I will find a way to set aside some time to listen to at least part of this one on the net. Should be great...hope all play hard and fair and that all the calls are correct for both teams! Last thing we need is complaints about the refs after such a tremendous build up to the game.

LHHS/LSHPanther
12-06-2008, 04:51 PM
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

PANTHERS! "HOLD THE ROPE!"

:clap:

wimbo_pro
12-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
*sigh*

Oh well, to all the fans that had a great time on here this week pumping up their team... safe travel, enjoy the game, and here's to injury free football tonight.

Heading out to Waco now... soooooooooooooooooooooo glad the boring smack talk is over. Ready to watch some ball.

Win or lose, we love you Bulls! Go beat those Cats! I hope everyone can play, even if dinked up!

35-31. BULLS.

Well said SlpyBear.

wimbo_pro
12-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by LHHS/LSHPanther
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

PANTHERS! "HOLD THE ROPE!"

:clap:

well said LHHS/LSHP!!

wimbo_pro
12-06-2008, 04:53 PM
That's interesting to know. :thinking: :thinking:

Well said LHPM.

wimbo_pro
12-06-2008, 04:53 PM
OK!!!QUICK!!! CLOSE THE THREAD!!! THIS IS POST 1400!!! CLOSE IT NOW!!!

LHHS/LSHPanther
12-06-2008, 11:28 PM
LOTS OF CROW... DANG.. GET THE BBQ GRILL GOIN!

LHexPlayer
12-07-2008, 01:54 AM
Congrats to Bport on a hell of a season. You guys were dang good. Good luck next year. Hope everyone made it home safe.