PDA

View Full Version : Region I GotW: Battle of the Undefeateds: Bridgeport vs Liberty Hill

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

1st and goal
12-04-2008, 06:55 AM
Here it is!

LH_Tuff
12-04-2008, 07:36 AM
OK. I am going to give away my age here. Does anyone remember the Houston Oilers? The Run-and-Shoot offense? Warren Moon? Billy 'White Shoes' Johnson?
Boy, those were the days. Anyway, I consider the modern day spread offenses born from the old Run-N-Shoot. I was a huge fan of the Oilers and loved watching them play. Very exciting offense. The problem the Oilers always had was when they played teams that played ball control (Steelers, Raiders, etc.). Does anyone
remember the Oliers - Chiefs game where Moon passed for over 500 yards and the Oilers lost? The problem was they scored too fast and the chiefs would grind it out right down the field and score. Anyway, those were exciting days for Oiler fans.

I say this because I see the same thing today in HS football. Lot of teams running the spread. Very exciting to watch. Very quick up and down the field. The problem these teams have is when they come up against a ball control (running) team they seem to get very frustrated because that prolific offense is on the sideline most of the time watching the clock disappear.

I have grown to love LH's offense. To me, it is just as exciting as watching a team pass 40 times a game. It is methodical, smash mouth type football. The way it should be played.

Go Panthers!!

Looking4number8
12-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
OK. I am going to give away my age here. Does anyone remember the Houston Oilers? The Run-and-Shoot offense? Warren Moon? Billy 'White Shoes' Johnson?
Boy, those were the days.

How can you mention the Oilers and not mention EARL CAMPBELL!!

Super_R
12-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
He's gotta be drunk...I am more accustomed to him saying something about his distaste and disdain for an opponents town and all the people who live in it and all they stand for....this is new.

Wimberley is the only town I do that to.

Super_R
12-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Super_R
We're kind of lucky...no. We're damn lucky!!! Look up and down the boards. Half of the crap aint even about high school football. Yet us select few...the lucky ones...get to watch our boys go to war again. I don't get any better than this.

We all have similar feelings looking back to July. Could this be the year. Rusty in scrimmages...personal swaps...injuries...people step up...Studs are born. We talk amongst ourselves about who will be the "tough games" and what we will have to do in order to win. We talk after...and sometimes during church about the game. We spend and extra hour at the grocery store breaking down the past and next game.

I know that this amazing ride for the past 2+ years of not losing a game is amazing...every time a friend of mine asks how we did I get to say..."We do what we do...Win" I don't have a thing to do with the outcome...yet I am as proud as I could possibly be with "Our Boys".

I'm sure BP would have never imagined that they would be alive in week 14 undefeated preparing to play one of the best programs in the state. Along the ride school records have been set and shattered.

High School football, especially in a small town, is as pure as it gets. It's Your town...you win or lose as they do. It can become the lifeblood of your community. What has happened in LH and BP this stretch wont be forgotten.

The sad thing about this is that today will be the last day of practice for the Seniors of Bridgeport. Atleast they know it's comming.

All out CAT
12-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
I think you’re just interested in my cookies. Besides I can’t say I’ve ever had a hankering for a Steer before. :p

Nope she prefers those South of the border. (like her husband)

LH_Tuff
12-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
How can you mention the Oilers and not mention EARL CAMPBELL!!

I agree. However, Earl was with the Oilers before the Run-N-Shoot came to town. I remember Earl well. Went to a few Oiler games back then too. Earl made Dan Pastorini look like a great QB. :)

slpybear the bullfan
12-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Boy, those were the days. Anyway, I consider the modern day spread offenses born from the old Run-N-Shoot. I was a huge fan of the Oilers and loved watching them play. Very exciting offense. The problem the Oilers always had was when they played teams that played ball control (Steelers, Raiders, etc.).

Believe it or not... Jim Dent in his book about the Fort Worth Masonic Home Might Mights makes a very good case that the "Spread" as we know it was created by coach Rusty Russell back in the 1932 season. GREAT BOOK!!!

Bullish
12-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Super R has put up a great post about the significance of high school football in Texas, and about how such memories of successful seasons can last a lifetime and have a great impact upon communities.

So true, and how fortunate we are to experience it this year.

Since it seems about everything that can be said has been said about LH vs. Bridgeport, I will go off topic a bit about something that, while ancient history, might be interesting to fans of Texas high school football.

On the subject of great teams that have come out of this area....

The 1962 2A Jacksboro team (24 miles distant) was a monster. They were 15-0, scored over 600 points while keeping the wraps on a lot of games, and gave up a total of 43 points for the season.

In the championship game they beat 13-1 Rockdale 52-0.

Coach Chuck Curtis (all-SWC QB at TCU) went on the following two years to win two state championships at 4A Garland, 4A being the top classification in those days. Curtis later said the 2A Jacksboro team was the best team he ever coached, and that they could have beaten any team in the state.

Maybe 10 years ago the Fort Worth Star Telegram did a series about the greatest teams in North Texas history, and they pegged that 1962 2A Jacksboro team as #5.

I think that is pretty amazing.

Yes, off subject, but hopefully interesting.

Back to LH vs. Bridgeport....we will be at the game ready to see a great contest between two great teams. I expect both sides to demonstrate great pride, competitiveness, and sportsmanship. Hopefully that will even extend to the bands! :D

Let's have a great game and make some more great memories.

Thre is no better bang for your sports buck than Texas high school football!

GO BULLS!

Bullish
12-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Believe it or not... Jim Dent in his book about the Fort Worth Masonic Home Might Mights makes a very good case that the "Spread" as we know it was created by coach Rusty Russell back in the 1932 season. GREAT BOOK!!!

Yes! That is a great book. I finished it about a month ago, and highly recommend it to any football fan!

The exact title is "Twelve Mighty Orphans".

firstcat
12-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by BigBully
Okay, I just finished watching every game film of LH this year. Bridgeport will win this game. There are several "tells" that we have picked up on that will make defending the Slut-T very easy. Get ready for an A-whipping Daddy Daycare 11 !!!!!!!! LH is perhaps the single most over-rated high school team in history!!

It strikes fear in my heart that you, after watching film, have single-handedly managed to achieve what the last 37 coaches and teams have failed to do...I'm re-thinking even making the drive.:rolleyes:

firstcat
12-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Oh, they definitely don't have that speed. But who does? LOL that's what makes the Buckeyes and Gobblers so special every single year.

And remember there is a huge difference between quickness and speed.

firstcat
12-04-2008, 09:39 AM
They are shifty and quick. I'll give em that.

And 37-1 is a great run, something Bridgeport will never taste:stirpot: :taunt: But 38 in a row just has a better ring to it:D

ha ha ha....he said "ring".:D

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Keystonepride
How many plays do both teams have that they have been "saving" for late in the playoffs?

You know they play I am talking about...you saw it week 1 or 2....or maybe even during a scrimmage....but as we speak the coaches are gameplanning to show each other something new...

any ideas?
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: I know "the play" and mum's the word! :devil:

OldBison75
12-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Each year in towns across the state, players and fans look at their teams with homer eyes and hope for a great season. As the first game approaches, they start to make plans for the best season in years and hope that some little things like injuries, bad grades, or bad attitudes don't derail the program. As the first game is played, and if they win, the visions grow into real dreams. If they are lucky enough and good enough to win three or four in a row, the fan base grows and the belief that this is their year sets in. The offensive line that was suspect in the preseason drills and scrimmages becomes a strength in the mind of the fan. The good running back is now becoming great. The QB is now the field general and can probably compete with anybody on the college level. Then district comes around and if the winning keep up, the five guys on the line that wer 6'2" 240 at the start of the season are now 6'4"nd 275 and the best in the district. The back is now the fastest and hardest to tackle ever, and the QB is now a sure fire starter at the next level. And, the legacy and expectations just keep growing. Each week the confidence of the fans doubles in proportion to the confidence growth of the players. By the fourth week of the playoffs, if you are still playing you are now a true rabid fan. Your team cannot lose and you have every answer for any one that is not a total believer in your team.

This is a normal progression and not unexpected of anyone. One day, the dreams are shattered and reality must set in. A team has finally beaten you and now you have to re-evaluate your assessment of your team. They were either beaten by excuses, or they were beaten by other high school kids that were either better prepared, better disciplined, or just plain better.

By this point in the season, every team is capable of playing well enought to beat anyone else. There are still surprises, but these are not that someone beat someone else, but that a team dominates on the field against a team that appears to be it's equal. These games are usually the result of momentum and confidence and experience by one team over the other.

This game falls into this same pattern. Two teams with high expectations at the start of the season. The two teams have built on early season successes and have improved each week. Confidence is at a all season high and the fans are floating on cloud nine.

Liberty Hill has the advantage of experience in these type games to draw on. Bridgeport is on a wave of excitement and wanting to be the team that beats the previously unbeatable. Can Bridgeport keep the emotion high without being too anxious to prove to the world that they have the solution to the Slot-T?

I have seen several of these games and that is the main problem with the newcomer, they are anxious to prove themselves and in the early stages of the game they overplay on defense and try to do too much on offense to make a statement early. This often causes mental and positional errors that let the experienced team jump to an early lead. Then the character of the team that is the challenger is tested. Can they right the ship and fight back into the game, or do they press harder and fall further in the hole?

This will be two great teams, both with the ability to win this game on the field. It is the character of the players that win the game. Whoever plays thier game plan the best, wins. If either team has to stray from the game plan to try and catch up, then the game dynamics change. I have seen LH for two years have success by sticking with the game plan no matter what. The jury is still out on Bridgeport on whether the can do the same.

There will be about 50 great athletes on the field, 22 at any given time in this game. Execution will be the winning formula, not size, not speed, and definitely not any single player.

firstcat
12-04-2008, 10:00 AM
I don't think a single player on the football team plays basketball.

By the way...how crappy are y'all at basketball?

Only one, but they'll do fine without him for the next three weeks.

LH_Tuff
12-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Each year in towns across the state, players and fans look at their teams with homer eyes and hope for a great season. As the first game approaches, they start to make plans for the best season in years and hope that some little things like injuries, bad grades, or bad attitudes don't derail the program. As the first game is played, and if they win, the visions grow into real dreams. If they are lucky enough and good enough to win three or four in a row, the fan base grows and the belief that this is their year sets in. The offensive line that was suspect in the preseason drills and scrimmages becomes a strength in the mind of the fan. The good running back is now becoming great. The QB is now the field general and can probably compete with anybody on the college level. Then district comes around and if the winning keep up, the five guys on the line that wer 6'2" 240 at the start of the season are now 6'4"nd 275 and the best in the district. The back is now the fastest and hardest to tackle ever, and the QB is now a sure fire starter at the next level. And, the legacy and expectations just keep growing. Each week the confidence of the fans doubles in proportion to the confidence growth of the players. By the fourth week of the playoffs, if you are still playing you are now a true rabid fan. Your team cannot lose and you have every answer for any one that is not a total believer in your team.

This is a normal progression and not unexpected of anyone. One day, the dreams are shattered and reality must set in. A team has finally beaten you and now you have to re-evaluate your assessment of your team. They were either beaten by excuses, or they were beaten by other high school kids that were either better prepared, better disciplined, or just plain better.

By this point in the season, every team is capable of playing well enought to beat anyone else. There are still surprises, but these are not that someone beat someone else, but that a team dominates on the field against a team that appears to be it's equal. These games are usually the result of momentum and confidence and experience by one team over the other.

This game falls into this same pattern. Two teams with high expectations at the start of the season. The two teams have built on early season successes and have improved each week. Confidence is at a all season high and the fans are floating on cloud nine.

Liberty Hill has the advantage of experience in these type games to draw on. Bridgeport is on a wave of excitement and wanting to be the team that beats the previously unbeatable. Can Bridgeport keep the emotion high without being too anxious to prove to the world that they have the solution to the Slot-T?

I have seen several of these games and that is the main problem with the newcomer, they are anxious to prove themselves and in the early stages of the game they overplay on defense and try to do too much on offense to make a statement early. This often causes mental and positional errors that let the experienced team jump to an early lead. Then the character of the team that is the challenger is tested. Can they right the ship and fight back into the game, or do they press harder and fall further in the hole?

This will be two great teams, both with the ability to win this game on the field. It is the character of the players that win the game. Whoever plays thier game plan the best, wins. If either team has to stray from the game plan to try and catch up, then the game dynamics change. I have seen LH for two years have success by sticking with the game plan no matter what. The jury is still out on Bridgeport on whether the can do the same.

There will be about 50 great athletes on the field, 22 at any given time in this game. Execution will be the winning formula, not size, not speed, and definitely not any single player.

OldBison - You are simply amazing. That is about all I can say. Great Post.

DaHop72
12-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Ahww shucks Dahop, does that mean purple is seeping into you veins? :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: I know that it's disappointing for me to have to point this out to you, but if you cut either one of us we bleed red. :devil: :devil:

Bullaholic
12-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Boy, those were the days. Anyway, I consider the modern day spread offenses born from the old Run-N-Shoot. I was a huge fan of the Oilers and loved watching them play. Very exciting offense. The problem the Oilers always had was when they played teams that played ball control (Steelers, Raiders, etc.). Does anyone
remember the Oliers - Chiefs game where Moon passed for over 500 yards and the Oilers lost? The problem was they scored too fast and the chiefs would grind it out right down the field and score. Anyway, those were exciting days for Oiler fans.

I say this because I see the same thing today in HS football. Lot of teams running the spread. Very exciting to watch. Very quick up and down the field. The problem these teams have is when they come up against a ball control (running) team they seem to get very frustrated because that prolific offense is on the sideline most of the time watching the clock disappear.

I have grown to love LH's offense. To me, it is just as exciting as watching a team pass 40 times a game. It is methodical, smash mouth type football. The way it should be played.

Go Panthers!!

How many NFL teams run the Slot-T? Point being---In HS it doesn't matter what you run as long as you have got the horses to run it and the coaching staff to coach it and your players buy into it 100%.

Daddy D 11
12-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: I know "the play" and mum's the word! :devil:

Me too:D A little birdie told me.

pirate4state
12-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic How many NFL teams run the Slot-T? :doh: :doh:

I get what LH Tuff is trying to say and I agree and I've seen it happen. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's been working for LH since October of 2006. :2thumbsup

GO PANTHERS!!!

wimbo_pro
12-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by lange4
I am not asking for the props of a state championship team. You just make it sound like the only way Llano beats you is when you have a down year

Fair enough...you are right, you guys whooped us good in '04 after we had beat LH for a share in the district championship. We then went on to get beat by Cuero in the Fog Bowl.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by lange4
by the way, when you mention State Championships from our District, why do you leave out Bandera.

Maybe because they arent in our district?

wimbo_pro
12-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Wimberley is the only town I do that to.

I rest my case. Stay Classy Super R!

Super_R
12-04-2008, 10:55 AM
I rest my case. Stay Classy Super R!

Just keepin it real bro...i mean pro.

Misdirection
12-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Llano played both of this exceptional teams this year. Both have very good offenses but this game will be won or lost on defense. Liberty hill only gave up 240 yards and 17 points against Llano. They held Llano to their lowest offensive production of the year. Bridgeport on the other hand gave up a whopping 433 yards and 27 points against Llano. There is no question here, Bridgeport is a very good team but will fall to Liberty Hill on Saturday. Good luck to both teams. It should be a great battle. Go Panthers!!!

Runnin Panther
12-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Just to echo what was said above. If the LH front four must control the line of scrimmage then forget it. I mean this seriously and firmly, LH will NOT handle our offensive line. They are big, strong, athletic, and more importantly very very smart. We can debate all other aspects, but this is fact Liberty Hillbillies!!!

Wow an O-line that is so dominate that a debate is not even allowed. I hope you don’t explode when the LH defense is putting pressure on your QB. :rolleyes:

stonedigger
12-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Misdirection -- I agree with your assessment. LH will control their destiny with their defense. While the Bulls are a very good team, their success is more concentrated in fewer ball handlers.

And BTW Old Bison, You are wiser than your years, whatever they may be.

Bullaholic
12-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Wow an O-line that is so dominate that a debate is not even allowed. I hope you don’t explode when the LH defense is putting pressure on your QB. :rolleyes:

And I hope that you don't explode when #5 goes for about 60yds each time on perfectly executed screens.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Just to echo what was said above. If the LH front four must control the line of scrimmage then forget it. I mean this seriously and firmly, LH will NOT handle our offensive line. They are big, strong, athletic, and more importantly very very smart. We can debate all other aspects, but this is fact Liberty Hillbillies!!!

Careful there BigBully...I can respect confidence and bravado...but you are bordering on making a statement of "fact" that you really don't know for sure...those words just might be a bit sour if you have to eat them Saturday night.

Runnin Panther
12-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
And I hope that you don't explode when #5 goes for about 60yds each time on perfectly executed screens.

Yep, we know that something we have to watch out for. I think we talked about screens and draws earlier. There is a good chance we will see a few.

firstcat
12-04-2008, 12:01 PM

Wow is right. NOW I realize why they are the Bulls....I'm calling it on this one.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by firstcat
Wow is right. NOW I realize why they are the Bulls....I'm calling it on this one.

I think they need to worry more about their D line than they do their O line...

Bullaholic
12-04-2008, 12:21 PM
This has been re-counted many times in many other threads, but how did LH beat Gilmer 38-13 in the 07' title game? I am interested in the game account as Gilmer had a very prolific offense and LH held them to 13 points.

clemsmarina
12-04-2008, 12:22 PM
I think they need to worry more about their D line than they do their O line...

I can't beleive we haven't faced any O lines the likes of BP's!!!

hmmm.... Celina, Gilmer, Brownwood? They must all be chumps.

clemsmarina
12-04-2008, 12:23 PM
This has been re-counted many times in many other threads, but how did LH beat Gilmer 38-13 in the 07' title game?

By scoring 38 points and only giving up 13...duh!!!

Bullaholic
12-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by clemsmarina
By scoring 38 points and only giving up 17...duh!!!

Thank you for that polite, insightfull response, clem. :rolleyes:

pirate4state
12-04-2008, 12:29 PM
This has been re-counted many times in many other threads, but how did LH beat Gilmer 38-13 in the 07' title game? I am interested in the game account as Gilmer had a very prolific offense and LH held them to 13 points. :confused: If it's been re-counted many times in OTHER threads, why don't you know the answer?! :D

Runnin Panther
12-04-2008, 12:34 PM
This has been re-counted many times in many other threads, but how did LH beat Gilmer 38-13 in the 07' title game? I am interested in the game account as Gilmer had a very prolific offense and LH held them to 13 points.

By being very physical, our defense smothered them all night long.

One stand out was our DE, Marlow, he had an outstanding game. In fact he went on to be the defensive MVP of the North South All Star game.

Bullaholic
12-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:confused: If it's been re-counted many times in OTHER threads, why don't you know the answer?! :D

Because I want to hear other perspectives on how LH was able to stop a very good offense and I don't recall the details of that game and I am too lazy to go search for the threads.

08Panther
12-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Actually, it could have been 45-13, LH took a knee like 3 times inside the 5 yard line to end the game. Another big factor in the score was Gilmer went for it on 4th down several times, and didn't make it. I actually give the Gilmer coach some credit for that, he was taking chances to try and get in the game, he could have punted and possibly kept the score a little closer.

Runnin Panther
12-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by 08Panther
Actually, it could have been 45-13, LH took a knee like 3 times inside the 5 yard line to end the game. Another big factor in the score was Gilmer went for it on 4th down several times, and didn't make it. I actually give the Gilmer coach some credit for that, he was taking chances to try and get in the game, he could have punted and possibly kept the score a little closer.

Yeah, I forgot about that, he didn’t have a problem going for it on 4th down, regardless of where they were on the field. How many 4th down stops did we have?

Beast Fan
12-04-2008, 12:51 PM

I believe one of Gilmers scores was a kickoff return for a TD.

Daddy D 11
12-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Beast Fan
I believe one of Gilmers scores was a kickoff return for a TD.

On the opening kickoff.

clemsmarina
12-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Thank you for that polite, insightfull response, clem. :rolleyes:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Defense is the # 1 reason:

1) The LH defense is without a doubt one of the most swarming defenses out there. It's not just a one or two man show.
You will see anywhere from 5-7 defenders in on the majority of the tackles, and this is no exageration.
2) The LB's are very good at keeping their feet clean and clear, and make very good reads.
3) Though things from past game films can be exploited at times, the coaching staff makes EXCELLENT adjustments, all the time!
4) Got our offense back on the field with very good field position...you don't want us starting at mid-field the whole game!

Those are my thoughts on why LH did what they did to Gilmer, and may other teams with prolific offenses.

pirate4state
12-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Because I want to hear other perspectives on how LH was able to stop a very good offense and I don't recall the details of that game and I am too lazy to go search for the threads. At least you are honest! :D

I never would have believed that LH could shut Gilmer's offense down the way they did last year! I had watched Gilmer's offense 3 weeks in a row (Mabank, Velt & Wylie) and while they struggled a bit against Mabank (cold & rainy day) they had no trouble moving up & down the field against Velt & Wylie! I just didn't think LH had the speed to keep up with their WRs nor the strength & size to penetrate Gilmer's DI filled Oline. Boy was I ever WRONG!

Traylor is a gutsy coach, to a fault sometimes. He went for it on 4th down about 4 times in that game and gave LH a short field.

The Liberty Hill defense only gave up 7 points. The first 7 came off the kick off return to start the game!

Gilmer's D just couldn't stop LH and Gilmer's O was going NOWHERE against LH's defense. Had the Gilmer QB been healthy (broken thumb) they might have kept the score closer, but they still wouldn't have won because their D could not stop LH.

That's just my 2 cents FWIW.

08Panther
12-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Yes, there were at least 3-4 times Gilmer went for it on 4th down, and anywhere between the 20 and the 50, giving LH a short field. Marlowe and Cole Rogers both had huge games at DE that day, Gilmer didn't have time to throw.

Bullaholic
12-04-2008, 01:10 PM
At least you are honest! :D

I never would have believed that LH could shut Gilmer's offense down the way they did last year! I had watched Gilmer's offense 3 weeks in a row (Mabank, Velt & Wylie) and while they struggled a bit against Mabank (cold & rainy day) they had no trouble moving up & down the field against Velt & Wylie! I just didn't think LH had the speed to keep up with their WRs nor the strength & size to penetrate Gilmer's DI filled Oline. Boy was I ever WRONG!

Traylor is a gutsy coach, to a fault sometimes. He went for it on 4th down about 4 times in that game and gave LH a short field.

The Liberty Hill defense only gave up 7 points. The first 7 came off the kick off return to start the game!

Gilmer's D just couldn't stop LH and Gilmer's O was going NOWHERE against LH's defense. Had the Gilmer QB been healthy (broken thumb) they might have kept the score closer, but they still wouldn't have won because their D could not stop LH.

Now THAT's the kind of thing I was hoping for, P4S. Thanks.
This is the part that I remember now from that game that was so critical:
"Traylor is a gutsy coach, to a fault sometimes. He went for it on 4th down about 4 times in that game and gave LH a short field."
I hope the Bulls will not have to gamble like this on Sat.

Runnin Panther
12-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Now THAT's the kind of thing I was hoping for, P4S. Thanks.
This is the part that I remember now from that game that was so critical:
"Traylor is a gutsy coach, to a fault sometimes. He went for it on 4th down about 4 times in that game and gave LH a short field."
I hope the Bulls will not have to gamble like this on Sat.

We did get several short field opportunists, however it would not have mattered if we would have had to go the full distance of the field that day. We totally dominated on both sides of the ball. If you went back and looked at the stats I think it would show that.
Man that was a great day. There is not another feeling in the world like it.

Runnin Panther
12-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Defense is the # 1 reason:

1) The LH defense is without a doubt one of the most swarming defenses out there. It's not just a one or two man show.
You will see anywhere from 5-7 defenders in on the majority of the tackles, and this is no exageration.
2) The LB's are very good at keeping their feet clean and clear, and make very good reads.
3) Though things from past game films can be exploited at times, the coaching staff makes EXCELLENT adjustments, all the time!
4) Got our offense back on the field with very good field position...you don't want us starting at mid-field the whole game!

Those are my thoughts on why LH did what they did to Gilmer, and may other teams with prolific offenses.

Every person doing their job every play 100% of the time. That's the Panther way. :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
12-04-2008, 02:05 PM
We did get several short field opportunists, however it would not have mattered if we would have had to go the full distance of the field that day. We totally dominated on both sides of the ball. If you went back and looked at the stats I think it would show that.

You can't really say, with any certainity, that it wouldn't have mattered. Gilmer DID stop yall a few times. Just not enough.

Keystonepride
12-04-2008, 02:05 PM

I KNOW THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but I ain't tellin...LOLOLOL

just curious to see if people are paying attention...

All out CAT
12-04-2008, 02:09 PM

What, the feeling of freakin' frozen? I don't know about you, but my balls-of-jolly were cold.

slpybear the bullfan
12-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Does anyone have any links to some video on the web of LH? I know we had some links for the Bulls...wondering if there were any for LH?

CSG'S FO LIFE
12-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Ill take liberty hill, just because they have won back to back state championships. I havent seem them play in person but i have seen them both on film. Bridgeport looks like their a quick strike offense that can erupt on any play. It will hopefully be a good game between two very different types of offenses.

Runnin Panther
12-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by All out CAT
What, the feeling of freakin' frozen? I don't know about you, but my balls-of-jolly were cold.

I going to keep my comments to myself All out Cat. :devil:

BigBully
12-04-2008, 02:43 PM
I can't beleive we haven't faced any O lines the likes of BP's!!!

hmmm.... Celina, Gilmer, Brownwood? They must all be chumps.

You certainly didn't beat Brownwood by controlling their offensive line now did you. You guys played Celina and Gilmer this year?

Runnin Panther
12-04-2008, 03:09 PM
You certainly didn't beat Brownwood by controlling their offensive line now did you. You guys played Celina and Gilmer this year?

I thought you said you watched all of our games this year on film, but that is obviously not so or you would not be making that statement. That really wasn’t the problem. Besides that was week 3 of the season and if you think we haven’t improved since then, you’re in for a real treat Saturday.

Super_R
12-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Does anyone have any links to some video on the web of LH? I know we had some links for the Bulls...wondering if there were any for LH?

Somewhere around pages 10-15 turtle tank09 put a link to max preps stuff. There are 2 different highlights.

DaHop72
12-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Here you go slpy:

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/maxprepstv.mxp/videoid-c2e11c54-77a5-46b0-9a56-2de444b65cbc

slpybear the bullfan
12-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Here you go slpy:

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/maxprepstv.mxp/videoid-c2e11c54-77a5-46b0-9a56-2de444b65cbc

Thanks!

prettyNpurple
12-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Well this thread has hashed, re-hashed, bashed and re-bashed everything that you can think of related to this game.

So, I'm just wondering who'll be tailgating on Saturday before the Bovine Butchering?

Panthers roll on to 38-0 with a score of 56-21. See ya'll there.

BigBully
12-04-2008, 03:25 PM
I thought you said you watched all of our games this year on film, but that is obviously not so or you would not be making that statement. That really wasn’t the problem. Besides that was week 3 of the season and if you think we haven’t improved since then, you’re in for a real treat Saturday.

To listen to all the Liberty Hillbillies you would think the Panthers are the only team in the state that has improved since week 3. I guess it sucks that we have only gotten worse every week. In fact, I think we have only gone downhill since the maroon and white scrimmage in August.

Here's the deal, if we lose big deal, great season. If you guys lose I think we better get ready for mass suicide in addition to all the wife and child beatings that will take place in Panther land! It's obvious that many of you are over-invested in a bunch of 16-18 year old kids. Can't wait to see all the drop-jawed fans sitting in dead silence while our kids celebrate on Saturday night. Somebody better order some extra Zoloft and Paxil at the LH Pharmacy!!! I will have a tender spot for all the kids that have contributed to an incredible year, but will be laughing my A#% off at all you fans!!!

All out CAT
12-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by 08Panther

I may be wrong, but I think that on forth down the stat was 2 of 9 attempts.

All out CAT
12-04-2008, 03:28 PM
To listen to all the Liberty Hillbillies you would think the Panthers are the only team in the state that has improved since week 3. I guess it sucks that we have only gotten worse every week. In fact, I think we have only gone downhill since the maroon and white scrimmage in August.

Here's the deal, if we lose big deal, great season. If you guys lose I think we better get ready for mass suicide in addition to all the wife and child beatings that will take place in Panther land! It's obvious that many of you are over-invested in a bunch of 16-18 year old kids. Can't wait to see all the drop-jawed fans sitting in dead silence while our kids celebrate on Saturday night. Somebody better order some extra Zoloft and Paxil at the LH Pharmacy!!! I will have a tender spot for all the kids that have contributed to an incredible year, but will be laughing my A#% off at all you fans!!!

At our pharmacy in town, after each playoff game they just order more shirts advertisng the next game. SEMI's will be the next big sale!

All out CAT
12-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by All out CAT
I may be wrong, but I think that on forth down the stat was 2 of 9 attempts.

or, 2 of 7

Super_R
12-04-2008, 03:32 PM
To listen to all the Liberty Hillbillies you would think the Panthers are the only team in the state that has improved since week 3. I guess it sucks that we have only gotten worse every week.

Well What you have done the past 2 weeks hasn't really been as impressive as you would have everyone think.

Here's the deal, if we lose big deal, great season. If you guys lose I think we better get ready for mass suicide in addition to all the wife and child beatings that will take place in Panther land!

I don't know about you...but, I don't hit my wife or kids. I will kick the $h-- out of the dog though.

pirate4state
12-04-2008, 03:35 PM

Here's the deal, if we lose big deal, great season. If you guys lose I think we better get ready for mass suicide in addition to all the wife and child beatings that will take place in Panther land! It's obvious that many of you are over-invested in a bunch of 16-18 year old kids. Can't wait to see all the drop-jawed fans sitting in dead silence while our kids celebrate on Saturday night. Somebody better order some extra Zoloft and Paxil at the LH Pharmacy!!! I will have a tender spot for all the kids that have contributed to an incredible year, but will be laughing my A#% off at all you fans!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: There really is no reason for this kind of post!

Red&White_9x5
12-04-2008, 03:45 PM

This post is ridiculous. You have taken a great thread and tarnished it with stupidity. This game Saturday night is not about the fans, it is about the young men that have busted their tails to get to this point. Not one fan will play any part in the outcome of this contest Saturday night. It is one thing to be proud and supportive, which I feel most Bulls fans are. Most have shown class even while having fun in the 70 plus pages of this thread. I don't think you represent them very well with your lack of maturity. As for Liberty Hill and their fans... I think back to back championships and a 37 game winning streak shouls cause a little pride in their community. If I was in their boat I would be proud of what their teams have accomplished as well.

Two words BigBully...... Grow Up!

Runnin Panther
12-04-2008, 03:46 PM

You’re the one who brought up the Brownwood game and I have never said ya’ll haven’t improved as the season has progressed. Now… will you be good enough to beat the Panthers, well the jury is still out on that one. I don’t think so, but if you do we will have NOTHING to hang our heads about. We will be thanking our kids for a hellva ride and telling them how extremely proud we are of them.

Sounds to me like the Panthers have gotten under your skin Big Bully:D

bulls08
12-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Dont say kick the dog please all we need is PETA taking over this thread, then when i get home from work i will never catch back up on all the new post, lol

AggieBob
12-04-2008, 04:09 PM

Since when does Liberty Hill have a pharmacy!? I've been gone too long...

Also, if you are a parent and not over-invested in your child, then you shouldn't have a kid!

I just really dislike this guy right now...no class. Prepare to eat crow!

Daddy D 11
12-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Here you go slpy:

What'd you Bridgeport fans think of those?:devil:

Bullaholic
12-04-2008, 04:23 PM

Very impressive blocking, Daddy D---especially the downfield blocking. I can see why LH has had so much success.

CHS_89
12-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Is that the 07 season? I thought I saw Allman in there. That kid was tough along with many others. Bridgeport: You are going to have to slow down the LH offense and force then to turn the ball over. On the other hand, a turnover to LH from your O will more than likely result in a TD for them. If they get 5-6 yards on first down, it will be a very long night. Their offense chews up the clock. The misdirection they use is very confusing from an opposing fans perspective. I can only imagine what it is like on the field. I wish both teams the best and I wish I could be there to see the game.

pirate4state
12-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
Is that the 07 season? I thought I saw Allman in there. That kid was tough along with many others. Bridgeport: You are going to have to slow down the LH offense and force then to turn the ball over. On the other hand, a turnover to LH from your O will more than likely result in a TD for them. If they get 5-6 yards on first down, it will be a very long night. Their offense chews up the clock. The misdirection they use is very confusing from an opposing fans perspective. I can only imagine what it is like on the field. I wish both teams the best and I wish I could be there to see the game. There is a video clip from the '07 season and this years game vs. Giddings.

bulls08
12-04-2008, 04:35 PM
that is neat to watch that offense, it is like shooting 3 or 4 out of the backfield and hoping you chase the right one. i like the build up this game is getting and i hope it lives up to it

firstcat
12-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by AggieBob

Also, if you are a parent and not over-invested in your child, then you shouldn't have a kid!

Thanks, couldn't have put it better myself! I think the Big Bully is going to sorely regret that little tirade! Karma is a.....real stinker sometimes.

Bullaholic
12-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by bulls08
that is neat to watch that offense, it is like shooting 3 or 4 out of the backfield and hoping you chase the right one. i like the build up this game is getting and i hope it lives up to it

Nah, bulls08--we'll just play a man-to-man run defense and tackle every one of em' before they can get started. :D

CHS_89
12-04-2008, 04:44 PM
My bad. I only saw one video on there and it was a highlight video. User error, lol.

BigBully
Looks like this Bull fan is getting under a little skin of his own!!!

Good point about parents being over-invested, a pass shall be given in this situation.

Funny response about kicking the dog, seems like this guy may be the only one who knows how to take me. The rest of the responses support my point that you guys take this way too seriously.

Obviously if you guys lose everyone will be proud of the streak, and the kids, and blah blah blah. However, that will be of little relief for the gnawing, nauseating, sick feeling you guys will have in the pit of your stomach when you lose. Especially when you return to this site and see all the gloating I will be doing.

Love to hate me, it is my drug!

bulls08
i wish it were that easy, i think it is going to be one heck of a game though, cant wait to watch and see how fired up our defense comes out

All out CAT
Originally posted by AggieBob

M&L, I think. Right by the railroad tracks on 29.

Beast Fan
Nah, bulls08--we'll just play a man-to-man run defense and tackle every one of em' before they can get started. :D

I would hate to be the Bull assigned to The BEAST!!!

bulls08
12-04-2008, 04:46 PM
what number is the Beast?

Beast Fan
12-04-2008, 04:48 PM
# 74

bulls08
12-04-2008, 04:52 PM
we have a couple little guys that will hit him about knee high and i am talking they can bring a lick for little guys, they wont be scared either. they are like a pack of chiahuahas u may knock them down but they will come right back like they are pit bulls

LH_Tuff
12-04-2008, 04:53 PM

Good point about parents being over-invested, a pass shall be given in this situation.

Funny response about kicking the dog, seems like this guy may be the only one who knows how to take me. The rest of the responses support my point that you guys take this way too seriously.

Obviously if you guys lose everyone will be proud of the streak, and the kids, and blah blah blah. However, that will be of little relief for the gnawing, nauseating, sick feeling you guys will have in the pit of your stomach when you lose. Especially when you return to this site and see all the gloating I will be doing.

Shut Up.

Super_R
12-04-2008, 04:54 PM

I get you a little bit. You are trying to be a little funny. But, I also get the impression that you have ill will. That is an ugly trait.

bulls08
12-04-2008, 04:56 PM
this may have already been asked but i missed it but does LH players play offense and defense?

pirate4state
12-04-2008, 04:56 PM
The rest of the responses support my point that you guys take this way too seriously.

I just don't see any point in having to resort to talking about beating wives & kids and calling people hillibillies and whatever else you are spewing, even in a joking manner.

Beast Fan
12-04-2008, 04:57 PM
we have a couple little guys that will hit him about knee high and i am talking they can bring a lick for little guys, they wont be scared either. they are like a pack of chiahuahas u may knock them down but they will come right back like they are pit bulls

Hopefully the players from both teams come out healthy, and I pray no chiahuahas get stepped on.

Super_R
12-04-2008, 04:57 PM

A bug hitting the windshield brings all the lick they have...I don't think they are scared either.

Kick a chiahuahua and he'll stop. I promise!

bulls08
12-04-2008, 05:01 PM
no one answered my question

LHexPlayer
this may have already been asked but i missed it but does LH players play offense and defense?

Nobody starts both ways. Starters for one side are backups for the other side and vise versa.

CHS_89
I just don't see any point in having to resort to talking about beating wives & kids and calling people hillibillies and whatever else you are spewing, even in a joking manner.

Rut roh Raggy!

LHexPlayer
12-04-2008, 05:02 PM
no one answered my question

We carry about 47 players on the varsity. And our playoff team will carry about 114 players. We have lots of backups. This is the deepest team we have ever had.

bulls08
12-04-2008, 05:03 PM
i wish they played tomorrow, i cant wait, what is the over and under prediction

Daddy D 11
12-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Very impressive blocking, Daddy D---especially the downfield blocking. I can see why LH has had so much success.

Yeah, our offensive linemen are like little Tasmanian devils:devil:

LHexPlayer
Anyone have a Bulls roster?

Bullaholic

Most polls, LH +7 to +8.

Beast Fan
12-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Will Bridgeport graduate a lot of starters this year? Are there many underclassmen to carry on the success BP has had in '08
to next year?

LHexPlayer
12-04-2008, 05:09 PM

I'm saying pickem. This game could go either way.

clemsmarina
12-04-2008, 05:09 PM

I don't know you, nor care to know you, but I would highly suggest you rethink your words before you start mouthing off about wife or child beatings..... Whether you meant it as a joke or not, IT ISN'T!!!

As a matter of fact, I don't think anything you spewed in that post is appropriate.

clemsmarina
12-04-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm not even going to read any more of this thread....

LH 49
BP 17

Daddy D 11
12-04-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm not even going to read any more of this thread....

LH 49
BP 17

I like 49-21. I might have thrown some other scores around earlier in the week, but that was my first guess while watching the Bulls play Llano, and I still feel like my gut feeling will be right. So that's my final answer. LOL.

bulls08
12-04-2008, 05:14 PM
bridgeport has a ton of seniors dont know exact number but we have a great group of young guys coming up, i think the junior varsity may have even been undefeated also

LHexPlayer
12-04-2008, 05:15 PM
I like 49-21. I might have thrown some other scores around earlier in the week, but that was my first guess while watching the Bulls play Llano, and I still feel like my gut feeling will be right. So that's my final answer. LOL.

What team that we have played in the last two years do the Bulls remind you of? I ask because I've not seen them play. I've only seen the videos on the newspaper site. Just wondering. I think it will be a much closer game so I'm wondering what makes you think it would be that big of a margin.

Beast Fan
12-04-2008, 05:16 PM
bridgeport has a ton of seniors dont know exact number but we have a great group of young guys coming up, i think the junior varsity may have even been undefeated also

Good luck to the Bulls next year. They had a great run this year.

LHexPlayer
12-04-2008, 05:17 PM

Didn't you guys have a QB a few years back that went on to play at Tech?

Ranger Mom
12-04-2008, 05:18 PM

Maybe you are joking somewhat(although domestic violence is NEVER a joking matter!!)...but I think a whole lot of what you say is true!

IF the game doesn't go like you want, will YOU be back here to eat your crow, hand out congratulations, blame the refs, or whatever??

I have been here a long time and have seen posters, such as yourself, only join when their team is doing, talk a big talk, and when their team loses, they slink away silently into the night, never to be heard from again!

You aren't THAT kind of poster....are you???

BigBully
12-04-2008, 05:18 PM
I don't know you, nor care to know you, but I would highly suggest you rethink your words before you start mouthing off about wife or child beatings..... Whether you meant it as a joke or not, IT ISN'T!!!

As a matter of fact, I don't think anything you spewed in that post is appropriate.

Listen, if you are a depressed housewife on Zoloft who's husband beats you I really am sorry. You are right, those are both serious issues and should not be taken lightly. I apologize to all my haters.

Bullaholic
12-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Didn't you guys have a QB a few years back that went on to play at Tech?

Phillip Daugherty, and he transferred to Sam Houston.

LHexPlayer
12-04-2008, 05:20 PM
Phillip Daugherty, and he transferred to Sam Houston.

Oh ok. That's him, and I remember him being a hell of a player too.

bulls08
12-04-2008, 05:22 PM
yes he had a canon, he started one game at Sam and won and got benched so he just went ahead and graduated

bulls08
12-04-2008, 05:22 PM
next years qb will be good also, he is the head coaches son and he is coming along pretty good

LHexPlayer
12-04-2008, 05:24 PM
next years qb will be good also, he is the head coaches son and he is coming along pretty good

So is he the backup this year?

Runnin Panther
12-04-2008, 05:24 PM

Why are you so angry?

Why you may wish us to be in true anguish after the game, I do not wish that on any of the Bull parents, fans or especially the kids. After every play-off game we have won I feel a little heartache for the opposing side. These kids work their tails off all year round to come out and represent their town and when they lose it’s sad. Especially for the seniors, for most it will be their last game.

This board is suppose to be clean fun banter between opposing fans, however there seems to be real animosity in your tone that I just don’t understand.

LHexPlayer
12-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Why are you so angry?

Why you may wish us to be in true anguish after the game, I do not wish that on any of the Bull parents, fans or especially the kids. After every play-off game we have won I feel a little heartache for the opposing side. These kids work their tails off all year round to come out and represent their town and when they lose it’s sad. Especially for the seniors, for most it will be their last game.

This board is suppose to be clean fun banter between opposing fans, however there seems to be real animosity in your tone that I just don’t understand. :

:clap: :clap: :clap:

BigBully
12-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Maybe you are joking somewhat...but I think a whole lot of what you say is true!

IF the game doesn't go like you want, will YOU be back here to eat your crow, hand out congratulations, blame the refs, or whatever??

I have been here a long time and have een posters, such as yourself, only join when their team is doing, talk a big talk, and when their team loses, they slink away silently into the night, never to be heard from again!

You aren't THAT kind of poster....are you???

In fact, I have Daddy Deez Nutz my word that I would be back and post, at least once.

Here's the deal, I enjoy being a little, or a lot, antagonistic. I love high school football and am passing the time till Saturday in a somewhat juveneile way. I am very proud of the kids on both sides of the ball and they all deserve accolades and support regardless of the outcome. With that said, I really do enjoy getting some of these fans all irritated. I can almost see you guys wanting to come through the screen and choke me. The thing is, even if you could come through the screen all you would find is a grade-A butt whippin from a Bull Fan!!! See, now you are even more irritated. I won't lose one bit of sleep if the Bulls lose, but when the panthers lose, most of these LH fans will be up all night trying to figure out if the Bulls had any inelgible players on the field so they can protest the game! And there will be a few who get clinically depressed! Like I said, if you have a kid on the team, then you will suffer because your kid suffers. Those who don't need to check their priorities. And come on, Liberty Hillbillies is pretty funny! Almost as funny as Bridgeport-o-potties!!

bulls08
12-04-2008, 05:27 PM
BEASTFAN our run is far from over, i am glad yall think this one is in the bag i hope yalls players think they way yall do.

LHexPlayer
12-04-2008, 05:28 PM
BEASTFAN our run is far from over, i am glad yall think this one is in the bag i hope yalls players think they way yall do.

I assure you the players don't think like a few fans on here. These are the most level headed kids you will ever meet. I'm sure your boys are too. You don't get this far and stay undeafeted by being too full of yourself.

LHexPlayer
12-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Ok Bridgeport question time. Have the Bulls trailed at anytime this season (not counting the Monohans game)? Also are they more of a first half team that jumps out to an early lead or are they more of a second half team?

Daddy D 11
12-04-2008, 05:32 PM
What team that we have played in the last two years do the Bulls remind you of? I ask because I've not seen them play. I've only seen the videos on the newspaper site. Just wondering. I think it will be a much closer game so I'm wondering what makes you think it would be that big of a margin.

They looked just like Navasota. Very similar defense, and very similar offense with just a better offensive line. Oh, and their fans are just the same:)

Last year my gut feeling was that we would hang 50 on Navasota and run for over 600 yards and we did the later. But only scored 42, with 35 coming in the first half.

I just have a gut feeling that we will score 7 TD's to their 3, maybe 4.

Bullaholic
12-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Ok Bridgeport question time. Have the Bulls trailed at anytime this season (not counting the Monohans game)? Also are they more of a first half team that jumps out to an early lead or are they more of a second half team?

LHex, I don't think the Bulls trailed anyone other than Monahans at the half. Yes, they have tended to run up 35 and 42 to 0 point margins at the half on several teams. We did not do that to Prosper, Argyle, Graham, LLano, or Monahans. I think we proved we can be a 2nd half team against Llano and Monahans.

LHexPlayer
12-04-2008, 05:37 PM
They looked just like Navasota. Very similar defense, and very similar offense with just a better offensive line. Oh, and their fans are just the same:)

Last year my gut feeling was that we would hang 50 on Navasota and run for over 600 yards and we did the later. But only scored 42, with 35 coming in the first half.

I just have a gut feeling that we will score 7 TD's to their 3, maybe 4.

Fair enough. Like I said, I haven't seen the Bulls play. Thanks Daddy D.

Daddy D 11
12-04-2008, 05:38 PM
LHex, I don't think the Bulls trailed anyone other than Monahans at the half. Yes, they have tended to run up 35 and 42 to 0 point margins at the half on several teams. We did not do that to Prosper, Argyle, Graham, LLano, or Monahans. I think we proved we can be a 2nd half team against Llano and Monahans.

DEFINITELY last week:eek: :clap:

LHexPlayer
12-04-2008, 05:39 PM

Thanks Bullaholic. I didn't think you guys had trailed all season until Monohans.

BigBully
12-04-2008, 05:40 PM
This will be my only serious post to date.

I understand that domestic and child abuse is a very serious issue and was inconsiderate in my passive use of the topic in my posts. It's unacceptable and I apologize to anyone who was offended and I mean it.

With that said and meant, now back to my irritating ways (minus the inappropriate topic references).

firstcat
12-04-2008, 05:44 PM

I understand that domestic and child abuse is a very serious issue and was inconsiderate in my passive use of the topic in my posts. It's unacceptable and I apologize to anyone who was offended and I mean it.

With that said and meant, now back to my irritating ways (minus the inappropriate topic references).

You're good with me, until I hit the "submit reply" button, then it is back on.;)

pirate4state
12-04-2008, 05:49 PM

Thank you.

I have no problem with "witty" trash talking. Carry on, if you can! :D

Beast Fan
12-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Hey BigBelly, I'm having trouble getting to Waco Sat. Reckon you could teach me that coming thru the computer screen trick? I'd take a whipping to be able to see this game.

BigBully
12-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Beast Fan
Hey BigBelly, I'm having trouble getting to Waco Sat. Reckon you could teach me that coming thru the computer screen trick? I'd take a whipping to be able to see this game.

Dude, I cracked up out loud at BigBelly!

You need to find a way to get there at all costs.

slpybear the bullfan
12-04-2008, 06:05 PM

Since I cannot view them on this PC... not much.:thinking:

slpybear the bullfan
12-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Thanks Bullaholic. I didn't think you guys had trailed all season until Monohans.

I thought the games against both Prosper and Argyle we trailed at somepoint or went back and forth at times?

Bullaholic
12-04-2008, 06:14 PM
I thought the games against both Prosper and Argyle we trailed at somepoint or went back and forth at times?

That's possible, slpy, but I just don't ever remember trailing at the half to anybody---I could be wrong---my memory does not serve like it used to. :D

slpybear the bullfan
12-04-2008, 06:16 PM
That's possible, slpy, but I just don't ever remember trailing at the half to anybody---I could be wrong---my memory does not serve like it used to. :D

Oh, didn't know that was the question... I thought the question was if that was the first game all season we were behind on the scoreboard at any time. Definitely know we were at Arglye. I thought so about Prosper... but wasn't sure.

Bullaholic
12-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Oh, didn't know that was the question... I thought the question was if that was the first game all season we were behind on the scoreboard at any time. Definitely know we were at Arglye. I thought so about Prosper... but wasn't sure.

You are correct, Slpy, we sure did---the question was at ANY time during a game---I just interpreted it wrong. My apologies to all.

Daddy D 11
12-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Where did Budman go?:confused:

wtfootball
12-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Battle of the Undefeateds?
Bridgeport was whipped in dominating fashion last Friday night. Monahans ran up double the offensive yardage and won the turnover battle but lost as the yellow flags flew. I haven't read how Bridgeport fans left at halftime and beginning of the 3rd when Monahans shut them down then marched for another TD to go up by 21 but it happened. We all saw it and were watching the headlights roll out of the parking lot. I guess the good ole boys in the striped shirts couldn't let #1 get whipped by the green bunch. Sure there was a very small hold on the TD run to go up by 28 early in the 3rd but that is tiny compared to the huge hold on the 4th down run that kept the tieing drive alive. The same play where the kid was allowed to be tackled roll forward two yards and stretch out the ball for the all too generous spot. I had much respect for Bridgeport until I have seen all of this bragging when they know what happened. They should be silent for nothing more than leaving and not supporting their kids. Win or lose we have our kids backs and always will. I have been attacked for being a poor example for our kids, after all they should learn how to lose with dignity. What example is it to tell your kids if they lose, it don't matter our good ole boys will make sure the good ole boys in stripes put you in a position to win at game's end. I think LIberty Hill's undefeated record will get them a fair called game and I wish them luck. Go get em!

No thanks is necessary, this post should get this thread at least to 100 pages!

BigBully
12-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Phillip Daugherty holds a few Texas High School records:

6th single season passing yards
4th career passing yards
6th single season pass completions

Bull_Guy
12-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball
Bridgeport was whipped in dominating fashion last Friday night. Monahans ran up double the offensive yardage and won the turnover battle but lost as the yellow flags flew. I haven't read how Bridgeport fans left at halftime and beginning of the 3rd when Monahans shut them down then marched for another TD to go up by 21 but it happened. We all saw it and were watching the headlights roll out of the parking lot. I guess the good ole boys in the striped shirts couldn't let #1 get whipped by the green bunch. Sure there was a very small hold on the TD run to go up by 28 early in the 3rd but that is tiny compared to the huge hold on the 4th down run that kept the tieing drive alive. The same play where the kid was allowed to be tackled roll forward two yards and stretch out the ball for the all too generous spot. I had much respect for Bridgeport until I have seen all of this bragging when they know what happened. They should be silent for nothing more than leaving and not supporting their kids. Win or lose we have our kids backs and always will. I have been attacked for being a poor example for our kids, after all they should learn how to lose with dignity. What example is it to tell your kids if they lose, it don't matter our good ole boys will make sure the good ole boys in stripes put you in a position to win at game's end. I think LIberty Hill's undefeated record will get them a fair called game and I wish them luck. Go get em!

Actually like twenty people left... incase u didnt notice our fans were still packing the seats at the end... And flooding the field after that! =]

wtfootball
12-04-2008, 07:22 PM
If 20 left that left at least another 20 to storm the field then! You always have a suspect call or two in a game but not 4 in one quarter that all 4 are critical plays to effect the outcome of the game.
SHAME SHAME SHAME

When we get to page 100 I expect a Thank You!!!!!

BigBully
12-04-2008, 07:24 PM

Yeah I left after Monahans scored their first touchdown. Then I decided to go back, but left again at halftime only to return when we stopped a 4th and short after the umpire tackled the running back. Then we scored so I decided to stay unless we let them score again. I was out of my seat again, but then I saw the line judge make a game saving tackle on the side lines followed by another ref blocking that punt (dang he was fast and had a long reach). Finally, when the umpire lined up for that 34 yard field goal I knew we would be playing this week so I stayed a few more minutes. It is so easy to win with a few extra players, even if they aren't wearing pads. Hopefully we will get more of the same this week. Just win baby!!!

Daddy D 11
12-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Bull_Guy
And flooding the field after that! =]

Wait, y'all flooded the field after a Third Round Playoff Victory?

Bull_Guy
12-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Wait, y'all flooded the field after a Third Round Playoff Victory?

Not quite texas tech fashion... but the field was full of people after the game... always is... and do remember the circumstances... =p

Daddy D 11
12-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Bull_Guy
Not quite texas tech fashion... but the field was full of people after the game... always is... and do remember the circumstances... =p

Well that's what every team does after a playoff victory, I was picturing a Texas Tech like storming of the field.

Bull_Guy
12-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Well that's what every team does after a playoff victory, I was picturing a Texas Tech like storming of the field.

lol no... would have been cool tho...

Panther One
12-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Here's a pretty decent article from the Wise County Messenger.

Battle of the Unbeaten (http://www.wcmessenger.com/sports/football_content/EkklFEAEZkZQFUdVSu.php)

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2008, 07:52 PM
At least you are honest! :D

Thank you for posting this! It sounds credible coming from someone who doesn't have Liberty Hill as their location. Otherwise, if one of us had posted the same, it would've been arrogance and bragging by some over-invested fans. ;)

wtfootball
12-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Fiction so I quit reading after the first paragraph.
Monahans led the state with 419 yards of offense per game, an empty stat after the robbery last week but another team cannot be called the most powerful running attack. Before the game both teams should take a knee and give thanks that the most potent offensive attack in the state was sent home last week by the good ole boy zebra's.

DaHop72
12-04-2008, 08:02 PM
If 20 left that left at least another 20 to storm the field then! You always have a suspect call or two in a game but not 4 in one quarter that all 4 are critical plays to effect the outcome of the game.
SHAME SHAME SHAME

When we get to page 100 I expect a Thank You!!!!! No, the shame is that you can't let it go that the Bulls beat the Loboes. And two times you said you were done with this board. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: As one of 5 fans who attended the game with no vested interest it's amazing to see you point out things that went against you but not that went for you. Just one example, the blocking in the back that our group saw on the long run by Titus, somehow you missed it. Sore grapes never smell good.:hand:

bulls08
12-04-2008, 08:02 PM
WTFOOTBALL how come no one ever mentions the kickoff bridgeport recovered but the ref from the opposite side comes over and said he thought he heard a whistle so REKICK. That was the worst call ever. There were missed calls on both sides and i think it was pretty obvious there were at least 2 illegal blocks on #9's long run just before half that were uncalled. Just accept the L and move on.

bulls08
12-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Am I the only one that thought that rekick was the worst call ever. I mean it hit the kid in the chest bounced right in bulls arms and we had to REKICK!

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Monahans led the state with 419 yards of offense per game, an empty stat after the robbery last week but another team cannot be called the most powerful running attack. Before the game both teams should take a knee and give thanks that the most potent offensive attack in the state was sent home last week by the good ole boy zebra's.
Instead of continuing to gripe about the refs, you should spend your energies contacting the Odessa American and getting them to correct your stats, since they have you with around 352/game, not including the Bridgeport & another playoff game. :thinking:

Panther One
12-04-2008, 08:13 PM
When you rush for over 5500 yards every year and run your way to back-to-back state titles, you develop a reputation. If the Lobos want to be considered the most powerful running game in the state, I suggest they use it to put a team away when they have the chance. They were up 28-7 in the third and failed to convert a 4th a short at the Bulls 15. If they score there, it's over. Hopefully you'll be a little more powerful next time.

And FYI, we average 447 yards per game and Bridgeport averages 457 yards per game, so I'm not sure where you got your info on leading the state, but it's definitely wrong.

Bullish
12-04-2008, 08:13 PM
I have to agree that call on the kickoff in the Monahans game was one of the most puzzling I have ever seen. Bridgeport goes down, recovers the kickoff. Officials stand around having a conference for 2 or 3 minutes, then walk the ball back and have Bridgeport kick off again.

I don't think I recall a kickoff where no penalties were called, but the play just didn't count.

I think wtfootball is way off in his continuing complaining about the referees. Besides that, if Cameron Green hadn't been hobbled with that injury on the first offensive play of the game, it never would have come down to overtime anyway.

Having said that, I still congratulate the Loboes...they were a really good team, and they had a fine year.

Budman007
12-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Where did Budman go?:confused:

Yo, front and center. Had to run down to Waco today to make sure the refs had their marching orders for the game just like I did last week in Sweetwater a few days before the Monahans game.;) wtfootball, you are pitiful. Try turning the page in the book of life, son or honey (whichever applies).

My prediction:

Bulls 44
LH 30

Go Bulls!!!

wtfootball
12-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Go Liberty Hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Bulls, If I make the trip can you guys save a place for me to sit with you? I bet you can guess what color I'll be wearing!!!!

Super_R
12-04-2008, 08:38 PM
***....ootball. I read it that way everytime and it cracks me up. Does anyone else see his handle that way?

Budman007
12-04-2008, 08:40 PM

Hey Bulls, If I make the trip can you guys save a place for me to sit with you? I bet you can guess what color I'll be wearing!!!!

I'm sure it will be green with envy!:D

GO BULLS 31-28!!!

Bullish
12-04-2008, 08:41 PM

Green?

Super_R
12-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
GO BULLS 31-28!!!

Hey, is that your prediction?...or your most recent favorite score of all times? :D

uncalled for!!

RM

Budman007
12-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Hey, is that your prediction?...or your most recent favorite score of all times? :D

edited for content

Amen to that!

Call me crazy, but I'm going with 44-30 Bulls. The 31-28 was meant for the crybaby from west Texas.

Super_R
12-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Amen to that!

Call me crazy, but I'm going with 44-30 Bulls. The 31-24 was meant for the crybaby from west Texas.

You're not just crazy...you're nuts with a prediction like that. and to prove it you messed up the 2nd score as well.

Do we miss all 5 extra points? What a buckeye!

Budman007
12-04-2008, 08:55 PM
You're not just crazy...you're nuts with a prediction like that. and to prove it you messed up the 2nd score as well.

Do we miss all 5 extra points? What a buckeye!

It's been a long day. No, 4 td's and a fg with 1 missed pat.
Just for the record, I did consult with my son before coming up with the score. :)

Beast Fan
12-04-2008, 08:57 PM

My prediction:

Bulls 44
LH 30

Go Bulls!!!

I know the 44 comes from wishful thinking and an overactive imagination, but why 30? You think LH will get a safety, 15 safeties, 10 field goals, 3 TD and 3 FG, or 6 TDs and no extra pts. Not saying it won't happen just wondering what you are smoking?

BullsFan
12-04-2008, 09:06 PM
***....ootball. I read it that way everytime and it cracks me up. Does anyone else see his handle that way?

YES! I thought I was the only one, so I wasn't going to say anything lest I be thought a potty mouth. :D

Something I am definitely NOT, btw.

Super_R
12-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Just for the record, I did consult with my son before coming up with the score. :)

So its genetic...both of you are retarted.

And for any retarted people out there reading this I am sorry and I mean that.

Ranger Mom
12-04-2008, 09:14 PM
So its genetic...both of you are retarted.

And for any retarted people out there reading this I am sorry and I mean that.

If you MUST use the derogatory term "retarded"....at least spell it correctly!!:doh:

It makes YOU look.......well, ya know!!

LHexPlayer
12-04-2008, 09:14 PM
If you MUST use the derogatory term "retarded"....at least spell it correctly!!:doh:

:clap: well played

Super_R
12-04-2008, 09:20 PM

If you're so old school whats with the spelling smack?:p

I was using phonetics...yeah that's right phonetics.
:D

Ranger Mom
12-04-2008, 09:25 PM
If you're so old school whats with the spelling smack?:p

I was using phonetics...yeah that's right phonetics.

Darn...I thought it was funny myself!!:p

Oh yeah...I am closing in on my 45th birthday...I don't know anything BUT old school!:(

martwayne
12-04-2008, 09:27 PM
i see that alot of people have been talking about this game

go liberty hill

LH 35
Bridgeport 21

slpybear the bullfan
12-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Instead of continuing to gripe about the refs, you should spend your energies contacting the Odessa American and getting them to correct your stats, since they have you with around 352/game, not including the Bridgeport & another playoff game. :thinking:

ROFLMAO... LHPM, once again dear, you rock.

slpybear the bullfan
12-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Bullish
I have to agree that call on the kickoff in the Monahans game was one of the most puzzling I have ever seen. Bridgeport goes down, recovers the kickoff. Officials stand around having a conference for 2 or 3 minutes, then walk the ball back and have Bridgeport kick off again.

I don't think I recall a kickoff where no penalties were called, but the play just didn't count.

Not sure if anyone ever posted the explanation on here... but the problem with the play was an inadvertent whistle by the ref on the Bulls sideline, behind the return man. He saw the ball come into the arms of the returner, and immediately blew the whistle, killing the play. However, the return man did not field the kick and it was fumbled. Problem being, once play is whistled dead, it didn't matter. The ruling for inadvertent whistle on a KO is a re-kick. Blech.

I do believe that after the powwow, that referee came over to Coach Henson and took all the blame for that one.

I could have lived with that, but I sure wish they would have called more of the holds and illegal blocks they missed. It sure was hard playing Monahans when they had 13, 14, and sometimes 15 on Offense. ;)

slpybear the bullfan
12-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
YES! I thought I was the only one, so I wasn't going to say anything lest I be thought a potty mouth. :D

Something I am definitely NOT, btw.

Really?

:thinking:

REALLY?!

;) :D

knucklehead
12-04-2008, 10:05 PM

Bull_Guy
12-04-2008, 10:06 PM
hey guys guess what!!!!

Only 46 Hours and 25 minutes until kick-off!!

Oh... and its getting really close to 1200 posts!!

wimbo_pro
12-04-2008, 10:17 PM
I get you a little bit. You are trying to be a little funny. But, I also get the impression that you have ill will. That is an ugly trait.

Oh my oh my oh my....:doh:

Bullish
12-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Oh decisions, decisions

We are leaving about 9:00am Saturday for Waco, so we'll get down early. Can't decide whether to go to the early game or watch Florida knock Alabama off the top rankings spot on TV before taking in the Purple Panther Show.

Also, anyone have any "Can't miss it" suggestions on where to eat down there?

Panther One
12-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Someone compared them to Navasota, but I don't see it. The Rattlers were more talented individually with guys like Pratt, Jackson, and Stokes, but weren't as fundamentally sound as a team. The Navasota O-line was also pretty poor, their defense was a tad undisciplined, and their defensive gameplan was BAD and not one I expect the Bulls to emulate.

Bridgeport reminds me a lot of the 2006 Hondo team. Hondo came into that game 14-0, beating opponents by an average of 46-10, including a 42-35 win over top 5 Wimberley the week before playing us. Bridgeport enters this game 12-0, outscoring opponents 47-18.

Offense
RB Corbin Green is very similar to Hondo's Andy Werner in size, speed, and athleticism (Werner signed with Montana State, but last I heard had left the team for personal reasons). QB Cameron Green is also very similar to Hondo's Hackebeil in passing ability. Green is a little smaller and quicker, though, and will present a bigger challenge for our defense using his athleticism to avoid the rush.

As for receivers, the Bulls are very similar to that Hondo team, too. They don't really have any dominant studs like a Navasota or Gilmer, but they are athletic, will get open, and are very good after the catch. They're not much different than this year's Burnet's receivers, which makes tackling the point of emphasis for our defense. Aside from not being able to defend the screen, what killed us against the Bulldogs was missed tackles. We can't let a five yard out turn into a 40 yard touchdown this week. We have to make that tackle.

What separates Bridgeport from the 2006 Hondo team is the O-line. I would put them a notch above what the Owls had in 2006. In all honesty, I think that's what most separates Bridgeport's offense from a Wimberley or Burnet. Those two programs are pretty talented at the skill positions every year, but their lines have been average of late. The 2006 Texan core of Beaty, Buse, Thompson, and Samuels was just as, if not more potent than what Bridgeport has this year. They just didn't have as strong of a line. We're definitely going to have to do more than rush four to get pressure on Green, but we're going to have to do so without giving up outside containment. If you let him get out of the pocket, he can hurt you with his legs or his arm.

Despite the spread offense, Bridgeport is as balanced as it gets and has a very effective running game. They do a good job of spreading the defense out and creating running room for the backs. While most people think the way to beat us is with the pass, I don't see them abandoning the running game and I fully expect them to use draws and screens against our pass rush. Depending on the health of QB Green, I would also expect to see some designed rollouts and sprintouts to nullify the rush and let Green's athleticism put pressure on our defense. They're most dangerous when running the ball effectively, so if we can limit the ground game and force them into a passing mode, I actually think we are better off, contrary to popular belief. It wasn't the passing game that hurt Llano. It was Llano's inability to stop the run.

Defense
The Bulls' defense is similar to the 2006 Hondo team, as well, but also to some of the teams we've faced this year. I would liken them to a Burnet, as far as size and talent goes. When they've played good teams, they've given up points (31, 24, 27, 28). In most of their games, they've been able to build early leads and force teams to play catch-up, which plays into their defense's hands. I think they are vulnerable to the run, which has been exploited the past two weeks, and thus can be beaten with play-action if they start stacking the box.

I don't expect them to mimic Sweetwater's defensive scheme, because one, they aren't quite as talented on defense as the Mustangs, and two, it has major weaknesses. When you shoot gaps and fill running lanes, you take away a lot of our inside running game, but you leave yourself vulnerable on the edge and to the big play, which showed last week. Then when your secondary starts cheating to help out on the sweeps, you get beat by playaction, which also showed last week.

I also don't expect them to follow Vernon's lead with a softer, protect against the big play defense. I can't see the Bull's being content with us running right at them for four to eight yards a pop. When you're an inferior team, it's a good strategy to help shorten the game, keep the score down, and hope for a mistake to get back into it. In giving up plenty of yards on the ground the past two games, I don't think the Bridgeport coaches or players are the frame of mind to give up rushing yards early. They know that winning depends on the defense.

I think they'll give us multiple looks and mix up what they do. I think they'll pick their spots on when to be aggressive and when to be a little more cautious. They'll base it on our tendencies, formations, and motion. They'll probably also mix up their keys to keep us guessing on what they're reading play to play. I think they'll have some success throughout the game stuffing some plays, but for the most part, I think we'll be able to move the ball pretty consistently. I think we'll have a pretty flexible offensive game plan this week and will probably see several plays we've worked on all season, but have rarely, if ever, run in a game.

For a prediction (assuming even turnovers)...

Liberty Hill 42, Bridgeport 28

Beast Fan
12-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Can't miss!! Pack some bologna sandwiches or Vienna sausages. Isn't that where tired bulls end up?

wimbo_pro
12-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Good assessment Panther One. On a side note...what made the '05 Texans a championship team was the defense....but i am sure you know that. We were up 20-0 in the 1st quarter against Hondo in '06 and still lost the game. D-E-F-E-N-S-E.

This is where this game will be decided.

Super_R
12-04-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm going to have to side with my buddy Panther One.

Panther One
12-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Good assessment Panther One. On a side note...what made the '05 Texans a championship team was the defense....but i am sure you know that. We were up 20-0 in the 1st quarter against Hondo in '06 and still lost the game. D-E-F-E-N-S-E.

This is where this game will be decided.
Don't act like the Wimberley offense did nothing in the '05 playoffs. I think you guys still have the largest average margin of victory for a playoff team (WOS87 can verify that). I was at the Gainesville game to see the Texans win it all. Gainesville had almost an equally talented defense, but it was Buse's long TD run and Thompson's TD catch that was the difference. Those two had a pretty BIG role in handing us our last defeat, too.

I do think defense will win this game, but not smothering defense. A timely stop or two might be all that it takes.

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Well, the beast finally brought his game film home & we watched. :thinking: :thinking:

wimbo_pro
12-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Don't act like the Wimberley offense did nothing in the '05 playoffs. I think you guys still have the largest average margin of victory for a playoff team (WOS87 can verify that). I was at the Gainesville game to see the Texans win it all. Gainesville had almost an equally talented defense, but it was Buse's long TD run and Thompson's TD catch that was the difference. Those two had a pretty BIG role in handing us our last defeat, too.

I do think defense will win this game, but not smothering defense. A timely stop or two might be all that it takes.

True...true...the offense did come alive in the '05 play offs..but the defense was the rock. Which, by the way, is what LH has been able to do too in the last 2.5 yrs. I suspect the same this weekend, but there is that unknown factor with BP...there is something I can't put my finger on that intrigues me when I think of this game. We shall see.

Panther One
12-04-2008, 11:00 PM
Stat time...

Liberty Hill

Opponents
Rushing: 336 att - 974 yds 7 tds| 74.9 yds/g (2.9 yds/car)
Passing: 117 - 247 - 12 int - 19 tds - 1899 yds | 146.1 yds/g
Total: 583 - 2873 yds 26 tds | 221.0 yds/g

Panthers
Rushing: 674 att - 5377 yds 63 tds | 413.6 yds/g (8.0 yds/car)
Passing: 16 - 31 - 1 int - 4 tds - 433 yds | 33.3 yds/g
Total: 705 - 5810 yds 67 tds | 447.0 yds/g

Bridgeport

Opponents
Rushing: 465 att - 2165 yds 20 tds| 180.4 yds/g (4.7 yds/car)
Passing: 94 - 201 - 9 int - 9 tds - 1297 yds | 108.1 yds/g
Total: 666 - 3462 yds 29 tds | 288.5 yds/g

Bulls
Rushing: 395 att - 2840 yds 51 tds | 236.7 yds/g (7.2 yds/car)
Passing: 184 - 280 - 7 int - 23 tds - 2644 yds | 220.3 yds/g
Total: 675 - 5484 yds 74 tds | 457.0 yds/g

Daddy D 11
12-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Well, the beast finally brought his game film home & we watched. :thinking: :thinking:

And?:D

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2008, 11:06 PM
And?:D
Just thought I'd mention it. :)

Beast Fan
12-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Just thought I'd mention it. :)

Share the wealth. Maybe Sunday? What is your prediction after the films? LH by 1 or 2 scores?

navscanmaster
12-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Holy crap, almost 1200 replies?! I am not even going to try and read this thread, but I would be willing to bet D11 had something to do with this.:devil: :devil:

Sum it up for me, D11.:D

catdaddy
12-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Lots 'o smack goin on here...:devil: but seriously, I saw some of the game footage last night and I was wondering if anyone noticed that the bull on the inflatable tunnel appears to be "dropping some friends off at the pool" ?
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/toilet04.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

bulls08
12-05-2008, 01:34 AM
i will have to agree with you on that one catdaddy, i have always thought that myself

bulls08
12-05-2008, 01:35 AM
i had a change of heart my prediction is
BB 38
LH 31

trojan37
12-05-2008, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Bullish
Oh decisions, decisions

We are leaving about 9:00am Saturday for Waco, so we'll get down early. Can't decide whether to go to the early game or watch Florida knock Alabama off the top rankings spot on TV before taking in the Purple Panther Show.

Also, anyone have any "Can't miss it" suggestions on where to eat down there?

I don't know if you're in to Barbeque, but Rudy's is pretty good. It's right across I-35 from the Valley Mills exit which you have to take to go to Floyd Casey. George's is an exit before that, good chicken fried steak and burgers. It just depends on what you're looking for. Oh, by the way, LH IN A ROMP!!;)

Bullish
12-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Hey, Daddy D11

Good morning. I just wanted to say I was only kidding when I said you were a gripey guy. I don't believe in hurting someone's feelings, and though I wasn't sure I had, just wanted you to know.

I've enjoyed your posts, and appreciate your Panther passion.

I'll be across the stadium from you tomorrow night....look for me...I'll be wearing maroon.

Even though I wouldn't want to hurt your feelings, I sure am hoping the Bulls do exactly that.

The One
12-05-2008, 08:16 AM
Someone compared them to Navasota, but I don't see it. The Rattlers were more talented individually with guys like Pratt, Jackson, and Stokes, but weren't as fundamentally sound as a team. The Navasota O-line was also pretty poor, their defense was a tad undisciplined, and their defensive gameplan was BAD and not one I expect the Bulls to emulate.

Bridgeport reminds me a lot of the 2006 Hondo team. Hondo came into that game 14-0, beating opponents by an average of 46-10, including a 42-35 win over top 5 Wimberley the week before playing us. Bridgeport enters this game 12-0, outscoring opponents 47-18.

Offense
RB Corbin Green is very similar to Hondo's Andy Werner in size, speed, and athleticism (Werner signed with Montana State, but last I heard had left the team for personal reasons). QB Cameron Green is also very similar to Hondo's Hackebeil in passing ability. Green is a little smaller and quicker, though, and will present a bigger challenge for our defense using his athleticism to avoid the rush.

As for receivers, the Bulls are very similar to that Hondo team, too. They don't really have any dominant studs like a Navasota or Gilmer, but they are athletic, will get open, and are very good after the catch. They're not much different than this year's Burnet's receivers, which makes tackling the point of emphasis for our defense. Aside from not being able to defend the screen, what killed us against the Bulldogs was missed tackles. We can't let a five yard out turn into a 40 yard touchdown this week. We have to make that tackle.

What separates Bridgeport from the 2006 Hondo team is the O-line. I would put them a notch above what the Owls had in 2006. In all honesty, I think that's what most separates Bridgeport's offense from a Wimberley or Burnet. Those two programs are pretty talented at the skill positions every year, but their lines have been average of late. The 2006 Texan core of Beaty, Buse, Thompson, and Samuels was just as, if not more potent than what Bridgeport has this year. They just didn't have as strong of a line. We're definitely going to have to do more than rush four to get pressure on Green, but we're going to have to do so without giving up outside containment. If you let him get out of the pocket, he can hurt you with his legs or his arm.

Despite the spread offense, Bridgeport is as balanced as it gets and has a very effective running game. They do a good job of spreading the defense out and creating running room for the backs. While most people think the way to beat us is with the pass, I don't see them abandoning the running game and I fully expect them to use draws and screens against our pass rush. Depending on the health of QB Green, I would also expect to see some designed rollouts and sprintouts to nullify the rush and let Green's athleticism put pressure on our defense. They're most dangerous when running the ball effectively, so if we can limit the ground game and force them into a passing mode, I actually think we are better off, contrary to popular belief. It wasn't the passing game that hurt Llano. It was Llano's inability to stop the run.

Defense
The Bulls' defense is similar to the 2006 Hondo team, as well, but also to some of the teams we've faced this year. I would liken them to a Burnet, as far as size and talent goes. When they've played good teams, they've given up points (31, 24, 27, 28). In most of their games, they've been able to build early leads and force teams to play catch-up, which plays into their defense's hands. I think they are vulnerable to the run, which has been exploited the past two weeks, and thus can be beaten with play-action if they start stacking the box.

I don't expect them to mimic Sweetwater's defensive scheme, because one, they aren't quite as talented on defense as the Mustangs, and two, it has major weaknesses. When you shoot gaps and fill running lanes, you take away a lot of our inside running game, but you leave yourself vulnerable on the edge and to the big play, which showed last week. Then when your secondary starts cheating to help out on the sweeps, you get beat by playaction, which also showed last week.

I also don't expect them to follow Vernon's lead with a softer, protect against the big play defense. I can't see the Bull's being content with us running right at them for four to eight yards a pop. When you're an inferior team, it's a good strategy to help shorten the game, keep the score down, and hope for a mistake to get back into it. In giving up plenty of yards on the ground the past two games, I don't think the Bridgeport coaches or players are the frame of mind to give up rushing yards early. They know that winning depends on the defense.

I think they'll give us multiple looks and mix up what they do. I think they'll pick their spots on when to be aggressive and when to be a little more cautious. They'll base it on our tendencies, formations, and motion. They'll probably also mix up their keys to keep us guessing on what they're reading play to play. I think they'll have some success throughout the game stuffing some plays, but for the most part, I think we'll be able to move the ball pretty consistently. I think we'll have a pretty flexible offensive game plan this week and will probably see several plays we've worked on all season, but have rarely, if ever, run in a game.

This has been the best post in this entire thread. You have nailed the Bulls in a nutshell. I think your assessments of the team are right on the money. The Bulls have had teams in the past that have had outstanding athletes but this team does not have that, they have a lot of good athletes that play great together as a team.

All that being said I think Liberty Hill has the better team this weekend, but turnovers could be the key to this game. We differ a little on the outcome of the game. Of course I want my Bulls to win but regardless if the Green boys are healthy this really going to be a great game. I think its going to be close and no matter what happens. I hope we come out out of it seeing one of the best bullfights of all time!! Again just an outstanding post Panther One!!

runtowin
12-05-2008, 09:02 AM
I have been reading this for too long. Bottom line is if BP can hold LH to less than 5 yards per carry and force some turnovers, they have a chance. I don't see that happening. They are allowing teams about a 5 yard average per carry and there aren't many teams more dedicated to the run. Example, in overtime Monohans ran the ball for 7 yards on the first play then abandoned the run. LH will not abandon the run. Celina 06 had 11 men within 3-4 yards of the ball and LH ran it all night. BP's weak spot is defending the run and that is LH's strength. Other than Llano, who has run the ball 70+ times on the BP defense? On the other hand, LH' weakness is defending the pass, which seems to be BP's strength. But as we all know there are more bad things that happen when you throw the ball versus running the ball. The more physically dominating team, not the finesse team should win this game. TAKE YOUR PICK!

Super_R
12-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Lets face it. Trying to stop LH's running game is like trying to eat soup with a fork...no matter how hard you try the results don't change and it'll just piss you off.

OrangeChamps
12-05-2008, 09:18 AM

Super_R
12-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps

OrangeChamps
12-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Yea you snuck in there and took it away from me.

firstcat
12-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Has this been the longest week, or what???

I am so ready for some football, I think we may leave tonight and just hang out 'til all ya'll get there!

Sticking with my prediction:

LH Panthers 56
Bridgeport-o-potties 21 (and that ain't no Bull!)

Runnin Panther
12-05-2008, 09:49 AM

Offense

Defense

Best analysis I have heard so far, but Panther One is known for his wisdom. The first team I thought of when we watched the Bridgeport film was Burnet. We had the same exact discussion, Burnet with a better O-line.

runtowin
12-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Burnet was a close game and BP has better lineman. That could be trouble. The difference is that Burnet has a better defense than BP and knows the LH offense, they have seen it every year and twice a year now the Llano runs it. Plus I think maybe LH has worked on a few screens since then.

slpybear the bullfan
12-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Somewhere about 10:00 pm last night this thread became the third most replied to thread on the downlow with 1185 posts. That puts it behind the old Trivia question thread at 4160 replies and Word Association at 8795 posts.

And along the way it has also become the second most viewed thread on the downlow, with 33,000+ views... trailing only one thread titled "For Tech Fans and anybody else that cares" (which has only one post linking to photos of their victory over OU in '07, was locked, and had 100,000+ views... I am guessing it was linked to some blogs, webpages, etc to get that many hits.)

So, with over a day and a half before kickoff, this thread became the most popular HS FB game ever discussed on the 3adownlow.

Wow... a GREAT set of fans on both sides... plus some great fans of TX HS FB jumpin in as well.

Thanks All!

wimbo_pro
12-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Please...PLEASE close this thread before game time...never to open it again. Start a new one....but CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!! It's like having a booze problem....you dont even remember how or why you got here...or what started it and what has happened in the past....but you just can't stop!!!!

Runnin Panther
12-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Lets face it. Trying to stop LH's running game is like trying to eat soup with a fork...no matter how hard you try the results don't change and it'll just piss you off.

Love it.:D

I sometimes wish we could see the opposing LBers faces. You can tell by their body language how frustrated most of them get. Sometimes its really funny. :devil:

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Somewhere about 10:00 pm last night this thread became the third most replied to thread on the downlow with 1185 posts. That puts it behind the old Trivia question thread at 4160 replies and Word Association at 8795 posts.

And along the way it has also become the second most viewed thread on the downlow, with 33,000+ views... trailing only one thread titled "For Tech Fans and anybody else that cares" (which has only one post linking to photos of their victory over OU in '07, was locked, and had 100,000+ views... I am guessing it was linked to some blogs, webpages, etc to get that many hits.)

So, with over a day and a half before kickoff, this thread became the most popular HS FB game ever discussed on the 3adownlow.

Wow... a GREAT set of fans on both sides... plus some great fans of TX HS FB jumpin in as well.

Thanks All!

And to think this was done without talking about a Brownwood game or with help of Rocket and his little buddy.:D

Bullaholic
12-05-2008, 10:02 AM
And to think this was done without talking about a Brownwood game or with help of Rocket and his little buddy.:D
Until now....:D
;)

lostaussie
12-05-2008, 10:10 AM
i just wanted to get a post in on this historic thread:D Good luck to both................I see a suprise in the cards:thinking:

TxRedneck13
12-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Defently gonna be a great game best Luck to all

Budman007
12-05-2008, 10:17 AM

All the Bulls have to do is stop the one-dimensional LH running game a few times.
LH has to stop the Bulls potent balanced attack, something no team has been able to do all year.

GO Bulls 44-30!!!

Super_R
12-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i just wanted to get a post in on this historic thread:D Good luck to both................I see a suprise in the cards:thinking:

What is it?...a Shutout by the Panther D.

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 10:26 AM
All the Bulls have to do is stop the one-dimensional LH running game a few times.
LH has to stop the Bulls potent balanced attack, something no team has been able to do all year.

GO Bulls 44-30!!!

Yep our one dimensional offense. hahahahaha
There is nothing worse in football then when you know what's coming and you can't do a damn thing to stop it. Gonna be a long night for that cowchip defense of yours.:D

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Breaking News out of Bridgeport:

The Bridgeport Independent School District has decided to change the mascot at Bridgeport High School to the Sissies. This was a change based on two things. "One being a more uniform mascot name to match the girls athletic teams and also because Liberty Hill is whip us like a little girl." said an undisclosed source inside the athletic program.

wimbo_pro
12-05-2008, 10:41 AM

The Bridgeport Independent School District has decided to change the mascot at Bridgeport High School to the Sissies. This was a change based on two things. "One being a more uniform mascot name to match the girls athletic teams and also because Liberty Hill is whip us like a little girl." said an undisclosed source inside the athletic program.

For crying out loud LHex...you can do better than that!

Budman007
12-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Yep our one dimensional offense. hahahahaha
There is nothing worse in football then when you know what's coming and you can't do a damn thing to stop it. Gonna be a long night for that cowchip defense of yours.:D

Once again, the mighty Slot-T is unstoppable!:rolleyes:
The LH football team will eventually go down even with the "unstoppable" Slot-T. The world only has to wait a little over 30 hours to witness this historic event!

Go Bulls 44-30!!!

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 10:47 AM

Dang man your right . I should have said "because Liberty Hill will whip us like they did the Wimperley Texans.":D

wimbo_pro
12-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Dang man your right . I should have said "because Liberty Hill will whip us like they did the Wimperley Texans.":D

That's FOUR cut 'n pastes.....

Bullaholic
12-05-2008, 10:49 AM

That's right, LHex---the school board was getting so many complaints from teams that were getting beat so badly by our boys that they decided to start letting our girls play instead. If LH manages to get ahead of them, we will be allowed to send a few of the boys in. :D

Mcllenan County Endangered species list as of 12/06/08:

1. Liberty Hill Panthers

Go Bulls! The Stampede to State Continues.......

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Once again, the mighty Slot-T is unstoppable!:rolleyes:
The LH football team will eventually go down even with the "unstoppable" Slot-T. The world only has to wait a little over 30 hours to witness this historic event!

Go Bulls 44-30!!!

That's right completely unstoppable. Positive yardage all night long and a touchdown every play. That's how we roll, we invented running the football. Heck we invented football. You do realize you are playing a team that has won 37 games in a row right? I know it's hard for you to count to 37, but maybe you can ask someone how much that is. And if you think about it we only lost a game before that streak started because REFS in Wimperley cheated us somehow someway. As a matter of fact are you sure your Sissies are even qualified to be on the same field as us. ;)

Budman007
12-05-2008, 10:54 AM
That's right completely unstoppable. Positive yardage all night long and a touchdown every play. That's how we roll, we invented running the football. Heck we invented football. You do realize you are playing a team that has won 37 games in a row right? I know it's hard for you to count to 37, but maybe you can ask someone how much that is. And if you think about it we only lost a game before that streak started because REFS in Wimperley cheated us somehow someway. As a matter of fact are you sure your Sissies are even qualified to be on the same field as us. ;)

The Bulls D will not only stop your vaunted Slot-T. Our LB's will have your RB's coughing up hairballs all night!:D

Go Bulls 44-30!!!

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 10:54 AM
That's FOUR cut 'n pastes.....

Hey old man is it computer time at the Wimberley old folks home this hour?:eek:

wimbo_pro
12-05-2008, 10:55 AM

That's right...37 games in a row...3 more wins, and that number will match LHex's pants size!!!

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 10:56 AM
That's right...37 games in a row...3 more wins, and that number will match LHex's pants size!!!

This is the truth.:D

runtowin
12-05-2008, 11:00 AM
One dimensional yes, but 3 or 4 backs going in different directions and lineman running at LBs from different angles is not quite one dimensional. IF you can do it, you will do something nobody has done consistantly over the last 40+ games. The two losses in 06 were due to not being able to stop the other team, not by being stopped offensively. In fact the offense has been about the same since 2002, it is the defense that makes this team what it is now!

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Post Game Party

http://www.banbloodsports.com/images/media/bullfight4.jpg

firstcat
12-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie

I agree. It is going to be a huge surprise to these Bridgeport Bullies when the Overrated Panthers roll on to #38!

and responding to the comments about the graphic on the side of their run-through tunnel....would it be too far fetched to nick-name it the POOP CHUTE?

Lion_Addict
12-05-2008, 11:25 AM

Ummmmm........ B_R_O_W_N_W_O_O_D :devil:

Just had to :D

firstcat
12-05-2008, 11:26 AM

Do I sense a poem in the works???????:1popcorn: :1popcorn:

firstcat
12-05-2008, 11:28 AM
The Bulls D will not only stop your vaunted Slot-T. Our LB's will have your RB's coughing up hairballs all night!:D

Go Bulls 44-30!!!

Panther Hairballs = Bald Bulls

buff4ever
12-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Does anyone on here really think that bridgeport will still be undefeated after this game?:D

wimbo_pro
12-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Does anyone on here really think that bridgeport will still be undefeated after this game?:D

I think LH will win...but if there was ever to be a surprise this play off season, this could be it...but i doubt it.

wimbo_pro
12-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Do I sense a poem in the works???????:1popcorn: :1popcorn:

don't tempt me FirstCat....

Daddy D 11
12-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by runtowin
One dimensional yes, but 3 or 4 backs going in different directions and lineman running at LBs from different angles is not quite one dimensional. IF you can do it, you will do something nobody has done consistantly over the last 40+ games. The two losses in 06 were due to not being able to stop the other team, not by being stopped offensively. In fact the offense has been about the same since 2002, it is the defense that makes this team what it is now!

VERY, VERY TRUE!:clap:

The lowest point totals that I can even remember are 22 to Celina in 2006, 9 to Wimberley in 2005. Besides that, the other 50+ games we haven't exactly been stopped.

Bullaholic
12-05-2008, 11:45 AM

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/suprised monkey.jpg

:eek:

Lion_Addict
12-05-2008, 11:46 AM

Nice!! :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2008, 11:56 AM
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: Good one!

don't tempt me FirstCat....
DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! :D

Super_R
12-05-2008, 12:02 PM

73 peopld do and 143 don't.

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Panther Hairballs = Bald Bulls :clap: :clap: :clap:

Daddy D 11
12-05-2008, 12:15 PM
VERY, VERY TRUE!:clap:

The lowest point totals that I can even remember are 22 to Celina in 2006, 9 to Wimberley in 2005. Besides that, the other 50+ games we haven't exactly been stopped.

Since 2002 Vance and the Panthers have been held to under 21 points only six times. So the Bulls chances don't look very good:taunt:

Budman007
12-05-2008, 12:18 PM
All you Panther fans might want to eat before the game. Since you want have an appetite from all the cat carnage after the Bull stampede!

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 12:22 PM
All you Panther fans might want to eat before the game. Since you want have an appetite from all the cat carnage after the Bull stampede!

Actually saving my appetite for all the Bull Burgers we will eat after the game. So are you Sissies going to tough it out on a yellowdog are are the seats too tough for your boys?

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Going to be a familiar image Saturday around 8 o'clock.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ap_bullfighting_080314_ssh.jpg:D

Bullaholic
12-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Defense for the Slot-T:

X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

Hill Man
12-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Defense for the Slot-T:

X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

been there.... beat that

LHexPlayer
12-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Defense for the Slot-T:

X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

Oh please do that. It will be off to the races all night long.