PDA

View Full Version : Region I GotW: Battle of the Undefeateds: Bridgeport vs Liberty Hill

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

DaHop72
12-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
LOL I was thinking the same thing myself. http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

Keystonepride
12-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Come on Daddy D, get with the program, it's up to 40 yards. Care to go 45?:devil:

52 yards with a stiff wind at his back for sure

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 10:27 AM
O.k guys---I'll fess up about our kicker---At practice, he missed a 60-yarder through the open door of a boxcar traveling at 50MPH perpendicular to him --ONCE. :D

BleedOrange
12-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by firstcat
Nice cover...you just don't want to face us again. I'd choose the same if I were in your position.

You've shown amazing analytical skills. Nobody wants to face LH. Celina has its hands full this week and it serves no useful purpose to think past Friday night. If Celina plays well enough to make it passed Friday night then I am certain we will be heavy underdogs against LH or Bridgeport. .

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
Celina plays well enough to make it passed Friday night then I am certain we will be heavy underdogs against LH or Bridgeport. .

Well, maybe LH, but certainly not Bridgeport;) :p

DaHop72
12-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Keystonepride
52 yards with a stiff wind at his back for sure :thumbsup: Atta boy.:devil: :devil:

Come on
12-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Another question: If it came down to a close game tied up near or at the end of regulation, or overtime, does LH have a kicker that can kick a FG?

Get over it, NOT gunna matter!!

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Come on
Get over it, NOT gunna matter!!

Thanks for continuing to be SO predictable, Come On....:rolleyes:

Come on
12-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Straight up question for the Liberty Hills fans--no sarcasm intended:

How well does LH pass the ball, IF they needed to get long 1st down yardage on 3rd down or wanted to try to surprise someone for a quick score?

They Don't Need to, You can't stop them from running --- No Sarcasm Just FACT!! No disrespect but a lot of Better Teams than Bridgeport have tried. You can't win 11 or 12 games and all of a sudden think you are the best thing since sliced bread.

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Nice cover...you just don't want to face us again. I'd choose the same if I were in your position.

PLEASE tell me your joking

Any team with Title hopes does not want to duck the two time defending Champ

LH is a great 3A team, but they are not unbeatable, they are not a perfect team and they do not win by simply showing up

I have a feeling ALL teams left in this bracket want a shot at beating LH, if they dont, they should not be here.

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 10:56 AM
They Don't Need to, You can't stop them from running --- No Sarcasm Just FACT!! No disrespect but a lot of Better Teams than Bridgeport have tried. You can't win 11 or 12 games and all of a sudden think you are the best thing since sliced bread.

Have you ever tried to actually intelligently discuss the facets of the game, Come On? Please give me something to hang my hat on about LH when I ask a serious question and, save the usual serving of middle-school put-downs for something that is obviously smack.

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2008, 11:00 AM

and the LH fandom(not all) have now crossed over from being fanatics to arrogant and over the top

clemsmarina
12-03-2008, 11:01 AM

How well does LH pass the ball, IF they needed to get long 1st down yardage on 3rd down or wanted to try to surprise someone for a quick score?

Stright up answer....

LH can run a spread offense if they need to. Seriously!!!
They just haven't needed to in a long, long time.

Come on
12-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks for continuing to be SO predictable, Come On....:rolleyes:
Bull Lick, Im gunna miss all of this stuff but I have to go south for the rest of the week. It
was a tough choice but hunting won out, but I will make it to Waco by about 4 Sat. Remember there will be Counselors on hand at the M&G for you and BudBeer and all the other bull fans. I understand how it is when you are blinded by a little success we went through it also several years ago and got our Butts kicked, just as the Bulls are about to do. Keep it Nice

LH Rolls 49- 21
BLUE 200:D

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by clemsmarina
Stright up answer....

I'm sure they could, Clem. I was just interested in how well they do and what they do on 3rd and long-yardage situations, maybe because of a major penalty or something.

pirate4state
12-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Bull Lick, Im gunna miss all of this stuff but I have to go south for the rest of the week. It
was a tough choice but hunting won out, but I will make it to Waco by about 4 Sat. Remember there will be Counselors on hand at the M&G for you and BudBeer and all the other bull fans. I understand how it is when you are blinded by a little success we went through it also several years ago and got our Butts kicked, just as the Bulls are about to do. Keep it Nice

LH Rolls 49- 21

:doh: :doh:

Hope LH isn't the one needing counselors! Act like you've been there before....good grief!

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 11:06 AM

LH Rolls 49- 21

We're really going to miss you, Come On. :D Seriously, be carefull and hope you have a successfull hunt.

Come on
12-03-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm sure they could, Clem. I was just interested in how well they do and what they do on 3rd and long-yardage situations, maybe because of a major penalty or something.

Honestly they don't have those situations much and if they do, usually they run and run on 4th, if they pass it is Not on 3rd down and I can' remember a game when they passed more than 4 times

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2008, 11:07 AM

Your not allowed to ask those questions to LH fans..this is all you can ask them

How many times should the opposing team thank LH for the chance to be on the same field with the vaunted Panthers

How bad will LH win

Which LH back will have 250, which 175, and which 150

Those are only ones you can ask

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:doh: :doh:

Hope LH isn't the one needing counselors! Act like you've been there before....good grief!

:thumbsup:

Come on
12-03-2008, 11:09 AM
:thumbsup:

No reason to Act when you have! (for a long time):D :D

Super_R
12-03-2008, 11:20 AM

Against Burnet he had 2 scores in under 2 minutes. Everyone in he stadium knew he was going to pass...and he hit them in stride and as on the money as you could possibley be. I bet he could let one sail about 65 yards. He's got a cannon. I think he got clocked in the mid 80's while pitching this summer.

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Good grief, I finally caught up. There have been at least 10 posts I have wanted to respond to. But I think I’ll just jump in right here. Sounds like both sides are still feeling pretty good about their chances. Somebody (Bulls) is going to be real disappointed Saturday night.

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Super_R
Against Burnet he had 2 scores in under 2 minutes. Everyone in he stadium knew he was going to pass...and he hit them in stride and as on the money as you could possibley be. I bet he could let one sail about 65 yards. He's got a cannon. I think he got clocked in the mid 80's while pitching this summer.

I think Fick good be one hellva passing QB. He does have a cannon for a arm.

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by bulls08
Bullish I heard both Greens practiced today, QB doing good and RB coming back strong. I hope they get back close to 100% and wear out that secondary, I bet the bulls score more than 14 they may score that in the first quarter

Sorry to hear about the injuries, unfortunately it’s apart of the game. And I must say you guys have been extremely lucky if you have stayed healthy all year long. One of our running backs had surgery early in the season and I know of about 4 that will need surgery once season ends. We’ve been pretty banged up since the play-offs have started, in fact we haven’t been 100% is a long time, but you just have to play through it. It is what it is, no excuses.

Maximus
12-03-2008, 11:50 AM
LHill is going to wish they had already gone 4A in the last realignment after this one. They are not used to hitting the wood floor so early.

Bulls roll by a shocking margin of 17 points.

clemsmarina
12-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Your not allowed to ask those questions to LH fans..this is all you can ask them

How many times should the opposing team thank LH for the chance to be on the same field with the vaunted Panthers

How bad will LH win

Which LH back will have 250, which 175, and which 150

Those are only ones you can ask

No, he can ask anything he dang well wishes, and we will answer well we dang well please...

OldBison75
12-03-2008, 11:52 AM
I know I'm not from LH and most of you Bridgeport guys think I am a Closet Panther, but I'll try to answer a couple of questions for you. First, LH can pass the ball when needed and as a surprise play now and then. Fickle is a pretty accurate passer and has the knack for finding the open receiver. He is also better on his feet than most QB's that play a running game type offense. He has good footwork and sets himself up well to throw strong, accurate passes. They seldom throw on third down, but can. If they feel the DB's are starting to cheat up any at all and play the run, they will throw to keep the backs on their heels. They will also throw a little swing or screen if the LB's start trying to shoot gaps too much, especially on the outside.

As for long yardage, they will almost always go to their bread and butter running plays in those situations. They seem to feel as comfortable making a 15 yard run on any play as passing for 15.

As I've said before, LH can be beat, but it takes a very disciplined defensive effort. DLineman must play their assignments on every play and win the line of scrimmage with some controlled penetration. The LB's have to control the tackling as most of the LH scheme relies on the O-Line to provide a gap for the back to get beyond the initial point of attack. The LB's on defense have to play free and pursue into a hole and meet the runner i the first couple of yards of the line. The defensive backs have to be sure the ball is in a runers hands and then step up quickly for run support. If the defensive backs have a first step backwards and a runner breakes into the secondary, that step back will allow the LH receivers and off side lineman time to be downfield for block, which they do very well.

Against the LH defense, you must play the short , quick routes that force the LB's into pass coverage. They are the group that will hurt you the most if they can gain control of the defense. If you can kkep them guessing about the short fast passes, they can't get into the game flow and pursue and blitz. Steady blocking at the line will give the QB a little time, but deep dropback passing will usually be rushed because of the penetration and quickness of the LH defensive line. Quick drops and quick passes mixed with timely running is going to be the key.

The Bridgeport offense has the capability of creating a flow that will be to their advantage if they can remain in a game plan that relies on short , quick hitting plays and avoids anything that tkes time to develope, like long passes and draws, reverses and such.

That is about as honest an opinion as I can give, If anyone from Bridgeport cares.

clemsmarina
12-03-2008, 11:55 AM

OK, well then I should have answered like this....

They may line up in a spread offense, or they may line up in a pro set, or they may line up in a power I with 2 receiver set, or they may just line up and run the ball up the middle, or maybe pitch it outside, or they may even run the bootleg.

They have done all of the above.

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I know I'm not from LH and most of you Bridgeport guys think I am a Closet Panther, but I'll try to answer a couple of questions for you. First, LH can pass the ball when needed and as a surprise play now and then. Fickle is a pretty accurate passer and has the knack for finding the open receiver. He is also better on his feet than most QB's that play a running game type offense. He has good footwork and sets himself up well to throw strong, accurate passes. They seldom throw on third down, but can. If they feel the DB's are starting to cheat up any at all and play the run, they will throw to keep the backs on their heels. They will also throw a little swing or screen if the LB's start trying to shoot gaps too much, especially on the outside.

As for long yardage, they will almost always go to their bread and butter running plays in those situations. They seem to feel as comfortable making a 15 yard run on any play as passing for 15.

As I've said before, LH can be beat, but it takes a very disciplined defensive effort. DLineman must play their assignments on every play and win the line of scrimmage with some controlled penetration. The LB's have to control the tackling as most of the LH scheme relies on the O-Line to provide a gap for the back to get beyond the initial point of attack. The LB's on defense have to play free and pursue into a hole and meet the runner i the first couple of yards of the line. The defensive backs have to be sure the ball is in a runers hands and then step up quickly for run support. If the defensive backs have a first step backwards and a runner breakes into the secondary, that step back will allow the LH receivers and off side lineman time to be downfield for block, which they do very well.

Against the LH defense, you must play the short , quick routes that force the LB's into pass coverage. They are the group that will hurt you the most if they can gain control of the defense. If you can kkep them guessing about the short fast passes, they can't get into the game flow and pursue and blitz. Steady blocking at the line will give the QB a little time, but deep dropback passing will usually be rushed because of the penetration and quickness of the LH defensive line. Quick drops and quick passes mixed with timely running is going to be the key.

The Bridgeport offense has the capability of creating a flow that will be to their advantage if they can remain in a game plan that relies on short , quick hitting plays and avoids anything that tkes time to develope, like long passes and draws, reverses and such.

That is about as honest an opinion as I can give, If anyone from Bridgeport cares.

An honest opinion is always appreciated, Old Bison---Remember that most of us don't do this for a living.

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
LHill is going to wish they had already gone 4A in the last realignment after this one. They are not used to hitting the wood floor so early.

Bulls roll by a shocking margin of 17 points.

What's you reasoning for this Maximus? Why do you think Bridgeport will beat LH?

Keystonepride
12-03-2008, 11:59 AM

As I've said before, LH can be beat, but it takes a very disciplined defensive effort. DLineman must play their assignments on every play and win the line of scrimmage with some controlled penetration. The LB's have to control the tackling as most of the LH scheme relies on the O-Line to provide a gap for the back to get beyond the initial point of attack. The LB's on defense have to play free and pursue into a hole and meet the runner i the first couple of yards of the line. The defensive backs have to be sure the ball is in a runers hands and then step up quickly for run support.

as they say....easier said than done.

No team has been able to do this for 3 quarters let alone 4 all year against LH.

LB's "Playing Free" against LH is a statement that will be so hard to achieve...

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
Actually, after comparing some game film, I would rank the LH defense behind Prosper and maybe even Argyle, and somewhat similar to Burkburnett and Monahans.

The LH offense looks a little bit better than Llano, but not any better than Monahans.

Bottomline, nothing the Bulls have'nt seen before. JMO:)

EOLHS08

This thread reminds me so much of the thread leading up to the Navasota game last year. It definitely made the week more fun.

We must really look like crap on film because we have heard this same thing from countless teams. I’m not sure what it is, maybe it’s that every play looks almost exactly the same so you think it would be easy to stop. I don’t know, but I hope every team we play keeps saying exactly the same thing as long as we keep proving them wrong on the field.

I watched some Bulls film last night also. Maybe I’ll give my view point a little latter on.

Maximus
12-03-2008, 12:04 PM
What's you reasoning for this Maximus? Why do you think Bridgeport will beat LH?

The Nasty is not a novelty offense to them. Most teams only face it once a year. BPort has seen it before, THIS season, and has several former members of 'The Cult' among its staff as well.

They will know all the tricks, the keys, and the steps that are taken in the progression of the Playbook. Plus they match-up athletically. These are all equalizers that The Hill hasn't faced in ONE team at the same time.

Just the humble opinion of an old Slot-T coach none of you have ever heard of.

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 12:07 PM
They will know all the tricks, the keys, and the steps that are taken in the progression of the Playbook. Plus they match-up athletically. These are all equalizers that The Hill hasn't faced in ONE team at the same time.

What are the tricks, keys and steps that they are going to know that no one else has ever figured out?:thinking:

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 12:07 PM
The Nasty is not a novelty offense to them. Most teams only face it once a year. BPort has seen it before, THIS season, and has several former members of 'The Cult' among its staff as well.

Thanks, Maximus---those Italy boys know how to play the game, too. May you be gratefull for that which you are about to receive....:D Your post is tantamount to LH "blasphemy" you know.

Maximus
12-03-2008, 12:12 PM

What are the tricks, keys and steps that they are going to know that no one else has ever figured out?

Now you should know that as a former member of the Secret Society of the Slot-T I cannot divulge such information at risk to life and limb.

Just ask your coaches about the rules. Blood-In, Blood-Out!

Ranger Mom
12-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Now you should know that as a former member of the Secret Society of the Slot-T I cannot divulge such information at risk to life and limb.

You are quoting yourself and answering it??

That's kinda freaky!!

Red&White_9x5
12-03-2008, 12:19 PM

Dang, this should be entertaining and educational. Nobody has been able to slow the Hill down in 37 games, but all of the sudden the one team that has all of the answers and secrets is the Bridgeport Bulls. After the Bulls shut down the easy ole' slot T this week they will be speaking at every football clinic in the state from January to July. I guess I will have to drive 4 hours to watch this display of defensive perfection first hand

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 12:22 PM

So why did the Bulls Defense give up 4 Touchdowns to Llano and then again to Monohans?:thinking:

Maximus
12-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Umm, I wouldn't call that Tech-like last-second FG Championship Win y'all got last year a dominating performance, would you?

Maximus
12-03-2008, 12:25 PM
So why did the Bulls Defense give up 4 Touchdowns to Llano and then again to Monohans?:thinking:

Hey, I never said it was going to be STOPPED! The very nature of the Offense is going to get it some scores.

solocam
12-03-2008, 12:26 PM
That was year before last,last year the cats dominated in the playoffs

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Umm, I wouldn't call that Tech-like last-second FG Championship Win y'all got last year a dominating performance, would you?

Oh, you mean like the last second FG that Bridgeport kicked in overtime to beat Monohans? A team that got beat by Sweetwater, whom we blew out of the water last week.

Is that what you're talking about?:confused:

Centextrash
12-03-2008, 12:40 PM
My mother seems to think so. As does my hot wife.
Your wife is hot.....lol

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Centextrash
Your wife is hot.....lol

So is yours:eek:

:evilgrin:

Come on
12-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Centextrash
Your wife is hot.....lol

Im out of here guys see ya Saturday. Somebody be sure and tell Super_R I will have his wife back Saturday.

BLUE 200!!!

Super_R
12-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Hey, I never said it was going to be STOPPED! The very nature of the Offense is going to get it some scores.

No you didn't. You implied it would be stopped.

Is there a true "secret" to any offense? There are no secrets. If there were then every offensive coordinator would learn which ever offense was untoppable and then run it.

exbull
12-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Oh, you mean like the last second FG that Bridgeport kicked in overtime to beat Monohans? A team that got beat by Sweetwater, whom we blew out of the water last week.

If you want to play that game look at the Bridgeport versus Vernon and Bridgeport versus Llano games. Both common opponets. Bridgeport beat both teams worse that LH did. What does that mean? Probably not a whole lot. Bridgeport was beating Vernon 35-7 at the half, then put the backups in and beat them 20-7 in the second half.

So the they barely beat them and we beat a team that beat them really doesnt mean a whole lot.

pirate4state
12-03-2008, 12:49 PM
121-69 in favor of LH :eek: :eek:

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by exbull
If you want to play that game look at the Bridgeport versus Vernon and Bridgeport versus Llano games. Both common opponets. Bridgeport beat both teams worse that LH did. What does that mean? Probably not a whole lot. Bridgeport was beating Vernon 35-7 at the half, then put the backups in and beat them 20-7 in the second half.

So the they barely beat them and we beat a team that beat them really doesnt mean a whole lot.

I was necessarily trying to play that game as much as I was trying to say that a game winning FG is still a win. Who cares? I sure as hell don't. Are you going to tell our kids that in 2006 when we beat Celina on a FG, that since we didn't score a TD it doesn't mean as much?
And also, as everyone knows exbull, LH and Bridgeport run far different offenses, so the we beat them worse thing doesn't hold much water. But what maybe does is that we only allowed 3 TD's to Llano and 1 to Vernon. You allowed 4 to Llano and 2 to Vernon:taunt:

LHexPlayer
12-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Stright up answer....

No we can't. We lack the amount of receivers it would take.

exbull
12-03-2008, 01:02 PM
I was necessarily trying to play that game as much as I was trying to say that a game winning FG is still a win. Who cares? I sure as hell don't. Are you going to tell our kids that in 2006 when we beat Celina on a FG, that since we didn't score a TD it doesn't mean as much?
And also, as everyone knows exbull, LH and Bridgeport run far different offenses, so the we beat them worse thing doesn't hold much water. But what maybe does is that we only allowed 3 TD's to Llano and 1 to Vernon. You allowed 4 to Llano and 2 to Vernon:taunt:

wow i thought it was whoever scored more points than the other team won the game not who gave up less points to the same opponet earlier in the season.

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Honestly, I don’t think Bridgeport has the defensive weapons to stop the LH offense.

The test for LH is stopping the BP offense. They probably have the best offensive line we have come up against this year. They are big and strong. Our front 4 need to have a big game. Our defensive 4 are not as big but I think they are quicker. I was surprised that BP’s QB and receivers were not bigger. However the QB does have good vision and moves in the pocket well. We cannot give him time to throw backside or check off to his 3rd or 4th receiver. Our defense tends to be physical and aggressive we are going to have to watch out for the draw plays and screen passes. They also like to dump it off to #5 coming out of the backfield. I think we need to key on him. I did not see any real speed burners, I think our secondary should match up with their receivers rather well. I look for the LH LBs to have a big game.

I am no coach and purely a fan and Mom, but that’s my 2 cents.

I will go with my usual LH by 21.

Budman007
12-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Wrong on the lack of weapons.
Right on the offensive line.
Wrong on the speed burners.

1 out of 3 ain't bad, but go watch some more film after you get done in the kitchen.

Go Bulls!!!
EOLHS08

Originally posted by Runnin Panther
Honestly, I don’t think Bridgeport has the defensive weapons to stop the LH offense.

The test for LH is stopping the BP offense. They probably have the best offensive line we have come up against this year. They are big and strong. Our front 4 need to have a big game. Our defensive 4 are not as big but I think they are quicker. I was surprised that BP’s QB and receivers were not bigger. However the QB does have good vision and moves in the pocket well. We cannot give him time to throw backside or check off to his 3rd or 4th receiver. Our defense tends to be physical and aggressive we are going to have to watch out for the draw plays and screen passes. They also like to dump it off to #5 coming out of the backfield. I think we need to key on him. I did not see any real speed burners, I think our secondary should match up with their receivers rather well. I look for the LH LBs to have a big game.

I will go with my usual LH by 21.

garciap77
12-03-2008, 01:42 PM

1 out of 3 ain't bad, but go watch some more film after you get done in the kitchen.

Go Bulls!!!
EOLHS08

:eek: :eek: :eek:

clemsmarina
12-03-2008, 01:44 PM

With all that being said, I'll go with...

LH 42
BP 21

DaHop72
12-03-2008, 01:48 PM

I will go with my usual LH by 21. I agree Running Panther, the Bulls are going to have to play better defense to stop Panther running attack.

Spot on the offensive line I saw.

I don't think the secondary will match up good with #88 and #3 though. Wouldn't call Bridgeport speedy but lightning quick. And I agree LB for LH can be key in the game.

Heck, for a mom I thought your evaluation looked pretty good.:D :D

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 01:50 PM

Go Bulls!!!
EOLHS08

We obviously have a different idea of what weapons and speed burners are. But that is understandable because you have been watching Bull football while I have been watching Panther football. :D

And I do love being in the kitchen.

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 01:52 PM
I agree Running Panther, the Bulls are going to have to play better defense to stop Panther running attack.

I don't think the secondary will match up good with #88 and #3 though. Wouldn't call Bridgeport speedy but lightning quick. And I agree LB for LH can be key in the game.

Heck, for a mom I thought you evaluation looked pretty good.:D :D

Lord help us all, Hop, if you and Budman get the ladies stirred up---we just thought this thread was jumping before. :D

DaHop72
12-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Lord help us all, Hop, if you and Budman get the ladies stirred up---we just thought this thread was jumping before. :D Not me Bull, Budman maybe. I was just sharing my insight.:) Besides, I've already been called a hand shaking, baby kissing politician on this thread. :devil: :devil:

Budman007
12-03-2008, 02:01 PM
We obviously have a different idea of what weapons and speed burners are. But that is understandable because you have been watching Bull football while I have been watching Panther football. :D

And I do love being in the kitchen.

That's true. You only get see 1-4 yards at a time between the hashmarks, I forgot.

Hey, at least you sound like an old fashioned kind of gal. Nothing wrong with that.;)

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 02:04 PM
I wonder if anybody is planning on tailgating for this one? Several Bulls fans have been doing some. I've never been to Floyd Casey--it should be pretty close to the Interstate is it not?

Keystonepride
12-03-2008, 02:23 PM

Please attach the "Shot through the heart" Bon Jovi sound bite to Daddy D11's post!!!!!!!

clemsmarina
12-03-2008, 02:26 PM
I wonder if anybody is planning on tailgating for this one? Several Bulls fans have been doing some. I've never been to Floyd Casey--it should be pretty close to the Interstate is it not?

It's about a mile off of I35 to the west on Valley Mills.

Plenty of room for tailgating, and always plenty going on.

slpybear the bullfan
12-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Please attach the "Shot through the heart" Bon Jovi sound bite to Daddy D11's post!!!!!!!

Or would do better attaching it to this one....

LOL

pirate4state
12-03-2008, 02:40 PM
How 'bout Blaze of Glory for everyone posting on this thread :D

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 02:42 PM

I think "Wild Thing" would also be appropriate, P4S.

LHexPlayer
12-03-2008, 02:43 PM

That sounds about right!:D What song for the fans that come back down to earth on Saturday night?

pirate4state
12-03-2008, 02:43 PM
I think "Wild Thing" would also be appropriate, P4S. :eek: :eek: by Tone-Loc??? :D

pirate4state
12-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
That sounds about right!:D What song for the fans that come back down to earth on Saturday night? I always like playing Thunderstruck....you've been THUNDERSTRUCK! :D

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 02:47 PM
:eek: :eek: by Tone-Loc??? :D

LOL---You know me, P4S--I don't know many songs past 1975. I think the one I'm thinking of was made by The Trogs? You know"Wild Thing, I think I love you....."

What's Tone-Loc?---a kind of home or car secuity device? :D

slpybear the bullfan
12-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
That sounds about right!:D What song for the fans that come back down to earth on Saturday night?

Apologize... by Timbaland?

LHexPlayer
12-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Apologize... by Timbaland?

Maybe "Don't Let me Down" by The Beatles

firstcat
12-03-2008, 02:56 PM
wow i thought it was whoever scored more points than the other team won the game not who gave up less points to the same opponet earlier in the season.

You are exactly right. The bottom line is, the Bulls will not be able to keep the LH Offense out of the endzone...question is, will we be able to do the same?
From the looks of it - and I HAVE seen Bridgeport's defense in action - I am quite confident we will do just that.

You had a good run...cherish that.

firstcat
12-03-2008, 03:01 PM

Go Bulls!!!
EOLHS08

And hopefully your parole officer will allow you to travel to the game...

Hey, Runnin' Panther...you know how to stop a stampede? Cut off their "stam-peders"....he might hope you stay out of the kitchen now, huh? Did you say you were cookin' up mountain oysters? Sounds like some bulls might need to take on their ladies athletic names after you get done!!!

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 03:08 PM
I agree Running Panther, the Bulls are going to have to play better defense to stop Panther running attack.

Heck, for a mom I thought your evaluation looked pretty good.:D :D

Ahww shucks Dahop, does that mean purple is seeping into you veins?

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 03:11 PM
That's true. You only get see 1-4 yards at a time between the hashmarks, I forgot.

Hey, at least you sound like an old fashioned kind of gal. Nothing wrong with that.;)

If you’re really nice Budman I will make you homemade cookies to eat after the game. Comfort food to help you deal with the pain of losing.:D

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 03:20 PM
If you’re really nice Budman I will make you homemade cookies to eat after the game. Comfort food to help you deal with the pain of losing.:D

Think Budman ought to hire a "taster", RP? :D And the only thing Bull fans will be eating after the game are "Happy Meals".

Budman007
12-03-2008, 03:21 PM

Dang! A woman after my own heart. Peanut butter is my favorite. I'll be sure to share them with the Bull players after they get done with their "cat food" during the game.:D

And Bull, I'll let Blaster eat the first one just to be safe.

All out CAT
12-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Think Budman ought to hire a "taster", RP? :D And the only thing Bull fans will be eating after the game are "Happy Meals".

Now that's Funny! Everytime my girls are down all I have to do is offer them a "Happy Meal" and all the sudden all of their problems are gone.

Sounds like you got a plan.

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by All out CAT
Now that's Funny! Everytime my girls are down all I have to do is offer them a "Happy Meal" and all the sudden all of their problems are gone.

Sounds like you got a plan.

The prospect of all the $$$ they are going to get from selling all those purple panther pelts is what will really make em' happy. :D

Bullish
12-03-2008, 03:29 PM
It is such a wonderful thing to see all these folks becoming friends through the real of the internet.

Here kitty, kitty, nice little kitty kats.

Bullish
It is such a wonderful thing to see all these folks becoming friends through the realm of the internet.

Daddy D 11
Originally posted by Bullish
It is such a wonderful thing to see all these folks becoming friends through the real of the internet.

PURR PURRR:devil:

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 03:30 PM

I hear that where all coaches take their kids after playing a hard fought game. Then they hand out the participation trophies and then they tell them winning not important. The important thing is you had fun. Happy meals for everyone!

Bullish
12-03-2008, 03:32 PM
PURR PURRR:devil:

You probably need a little petting Daddy D. You usually seem to be in a gripey mood. But I'm not sure I want to take on that particular job.

firstcat
12-03-2008, 03:36 PM
You probably need a little petting Daddy D. You usually seem to be in a gripey mood. But I'm not sure I want to take on that particular job.

"not sure"...does that mean you are considering it? I KNEW IT!!! :eek: :eek:

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 03:38 PM

I'm always in a great mood:thumbsup:

Bullish
12-03-2008, 03:40 PM
It would seem this game has been analyzed to the max by all the coaches, scouts, and other experts that frequent this board. I'm not sure any new information can be injected into the mix.

The subjects and issues being discussed at this point in time are largely about matters other than game specifics...

But those cookies did sound pretty good...if Blaster and Bullaholic and Budman survive the taste test. I sure wouldn't want to be the first Bridgeport taster of Liberty Hill cookies.

Budman007
12-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Somebody's got to get this thread back on track.

""The Panthers are going down and the streak comes to a screeching halt this Saturday in Waco! Don't miss it!!!""

GO BULLS!!!:devil: :devil: :devil:

Bullish
12-03-2008, 03:45 PM

""The Panthers are going down and the streak comes to a screeching halt this Saturday in Waco! Don't miss it!!!""

Not intending to be critical Budman, but that's not exactly new information, either! :)

I wonder out of curiosity, if anyone can make a game-related observation that has heretofore not been mentioned. Something that will just amaze us in terms of its meaningfulness.

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 03:45 PM
It would seem this game has been analyzed to the max by all the coaches, scouts, and other experts that frequent this board. I'm not sure any new information can be injected into the mix.

The subjects and issues being discussed at this point in time are largely about matters other than game specifics...

But those cookies did sound pretty good...if Blaster and Bullaholic and Budman survive the taste test. I sure wouldn't want to be the first Bridgeport taster of Liberty Hill cookies.

Seems like all the Bulls out there are faint of heart… afraid to eat a little pastry offered in condolences from the Panther faithful.

This game is going to be easier than I thought. The Panthers could eat nails and it wouldn’t even slow them down. :devil:

Bullish
12-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Seems like all the Bulls out there are faint of heart… afraid to eat a little pastry offered in condolences from the Panther faithful.

This game is going to be easier than I thought. The Panthers could eat nails and it wouldn’t even slow them down. :devil:

The Bulls will eat their standard diet of nails before they get to the game.

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Something that will just amaze us in terms of its meaningfulness.

If that happened Bullish---life as we know it would cease. :D

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 03:52 PM
If that happened Bullish---life as we know it would cease. :D

We finally agree.

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 03:55 PM
How big are the LH RB's? Are they all over 1000 yds rushing as in years past?

pirate4state
12-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Not intending to be critical Budman, but that's not exactly new information, either! :)

I wonder out of curiosity, if anyone can make a game-related observation that has heretofore not been mentioned. Something that will just amaze us in terms of its meaningfulness.

Doubtful

All I know is as an "outsider" I am looking forward to watching a good game!

I have seen the Panthers many times, but have never seen Bridgeport play so this will be a treat! :)

Super_R
12-03-2008, 03:57 PM
The Bulls will eat their standard diet of nails before they get to the game.

Don't you mean eat you standard diet of grass. Bulls eat grass!

firstcat
12-03-2008, 03:57 PM

well, how about the actual Game Day Forecast?

partly cloudy to sunny with temperatures ranging from lower 60's to upper 30's as the front moves through. Along with wind gusts up to 45mph...sustained winds 25 mph possible.

I hope that wind doesn't hurt our running game:devil:

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Doubtful

All I know is as an "outsider" I am looking forward to watching a good game!

I have seen the Panthers many times, but have never seen Bridgeport play so this will be a treat! :)

I'm glad you are finally getting to watch the Bulls play, P4S. I hope both teams live up to their billing and it turns out to be a good game.

Super_R
12-03-2008, 04:00 PM
How big are the LH RB's? Are they all over 1000 yds rushing as in years past?

The FB is over 1300.
The HB is over 1500.
The TB's combined are over 1600. There has been split time there.

They look to be the same size as BP's rb. Boyd might be bigger.

Bullish
12-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Real True weather forecast...

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=76701&hourly=1&yday=340&weekday=Saturday

Unfortunately for LH, the wind is not going to blow much.

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 04:02 PM
The FB is over 1300.
The HB is over 1500.
The TB's combined are over 1600. There has been split time there.

They look to be the same size as BP's rb. Boyd might be bigger.

Thanks, Super R. That's impressive. Hard to argue with production.

clemsmarina
12-03-2008, 04:03 PM

Hopefully yall BP folks don't take offense to our band playing the whole game, even when we are up by 3 or 4 scores....

firstcat
12-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Real True weather forecast...

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=76701&hourly=1&yday=340&weekday=Saturday

Unfortunately for LH, the wind is not going to blow much.

That's sweet, Bullish, but we don't need wind to bring the storm.

Bullish
12-03-2008, 04:07 PM
That's sweet, Bullish, but we don't need wind to bring the storm.

I bet you're right, firstcat.

All that hot air should suffice.:thinking:

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Can anyone tell us about Coach Vance without getting too personal? Coaching history, etc.?

Budman007
12-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Hopefully yall BP folks don't take offense to our band playing the whole game, even when we are up by 3 or 4 scores....

Are they one of those classless, rude bands that only play when the opponent has the ball? If so, yeah that offends me or at least irritates the heck out of me. When did high school bands become weapons and not entertainment?

firstcat
12-03-2008, 04:11 PM
I bet you're right, firstcat.

All that hot air should suffice.:thinking:

:inlove:

Super_R
12-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Can anyone tell us about Coach Vance without getting too personal? Coaching history, etc.?

He knows how to win. There aint no arguing that!

clemsmarina
12-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Are they one of those classless, rude bands that only play when the opponent has the ball? If so, yeah that offends me or at least irritates the heck out of me. When did high school bands become weapons and not entertainment?

To be honest with you, I haven't heard them much, but apparently they have a good time and keep the music going the whole game.

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 04:24 PM
He knows how to win. There aint no arguing that!

I don't think anyone would argue that point. What kind of team was LH before he came? I realize this has nothing to do with our game, but I just like to hear the stories of successful coaches who have turned peograms around and put them on the map.

Super_R
12-03-2008, 04:28 PM
I don't think anyone would argue that point. What kind of team was LH before he came? I realize this has nothing to do with our game, but I just like to hear the stories of successful coaches who have turned peograms around and put them on the map.

I think LH had only won 2 games in 2 years before Vance arrived...maybe 3. Hal Wasson (Coach at South Lake Carrol) was the coach in LH at the time.

Not a bad turn around if you ask me.

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 04:30 PM
I think LH had only won 2 games in 2 years before Vance arrived...maybe 3. Hal Wasson (Coach at South Lake Carrol) was the coach in LH at the time.

Not a bad turn around if you ask me.

Well, I learned something already---I didn't know Hal Wasson was at LH before SLC.

Bullish
12-03-2008, 04:33 PM
To be honest with you, I haven't heard them much, but apparently they have a good time and keep the music going the whole game.

Well, call me a spoil sport, I guess, because no matter whose band it is, including Bridgeport's, it aggravates me when they play constantly through the game. Especially if I'm close by, because it drowns out the PA announcers...and is, to me, just a general distraction from the game itself.

Plus some bands deliberately play loudly when the opposing team is running offense right in front of them. I guess all is fair game in that regard.

However, sometimes I think bands mistakenly belive they are doing a game-long concert instead of fulfilling a part of the game activities. I know bandmembers are important, and their parents love to hear them play, but in terms of relative importance, see how many tickets the band would sell if there was no accompanying game.

Anyway, my 2 cents about bands that play all the time.

Necks_Fan
12-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Are they one of those classless, rude bands that only play when the opponent has the ball? If so, yeah that offends me or at least irritates the heck out of me. When did high school bands become weapons and not entertainment? That's what bands are SUPPOSED to do.

What do you want them to do? Make as much noise as possible when their offense is on the field? Yea......:hand:

Bands play their loudest when their opposing offense is on the field. That's just how it is, atleast down here.

pirate4state
12-03-2008, 04:39 PM
oh boy we've reached the band portion of the thread :eek: :nerd:

whatdoiknow?
12-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Our band plays but never at the right time. Half the time they will crank up a tune when our offense has the ball. Our band is small so it doesn't matter much. The Monahans Band was like having an extra weapon. It is not rude or offensive, just makes me jealous we can't do the same. Go to any college game and tell me their band is not a weapon. Stephenville accomplishes the same thing with those damned cans with ball bearings. I hate 'em but you have to admit, they are effective.

Bullish
12-03-2008, 04:44 PM

That's funny! Had to smile about the state of affairs here. I think I will just shut up.

Necks_Fan
12-03-2008, 04:49 PM
I'll be the first one to tell you that band is a complete waste of time and is for the... well I won't got there.

But don't complain when the band actaully DOES their ONLY job.

pirate4state
12-03-2008, 04:51 PM
That's funny! Had to smile about the state of affairs here. I think I will just shut up. After the band talk it turns to on the field trash talk and/or which fans :bigcry: about the refs the loudest :rolleyes:

oh joy :D

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 04:51 PM

Thats so funny

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 04:53 PM

I thought all bands were instructed to play when the other team’s offense has the ball.

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 04:54 PM
After the band talk it turns to on the field trash talk and/or which fans :bigcry: about the refs the loudest :rolleyes:

P4S--You're just getting burnout from 31K in posts, driving about 1,000,000 miles to about 10,000 HS games. We'll just have to liven things up for you Saturday night---maybe I'll bring my pet tarantula to the M&G and let you pet him. :D

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 04:58 PM
After the band talk it turns to on the field trash talk and/or which fans :bigcry: about the refs the loudest :rolleyes:

You have been on here so long you have an outline of how these threads are suppose to progress.
Cue me when the band discussion should end and the ref discussion should begin. I will be happy to oblige.

clemsmarina
12-03-2008, 04:58 PM

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I hope you are quite irritated Saturday night!!! :D ;)

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Is cue the same thing as que or queue?

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I hope you are quite irritated Saturday night!!! :D ;)

Don't worry they will be, yours and mine are going to make sure that happens. :)

Bullish
12-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Bridgeport posters---curiosity question.

I have been reading these posts all year, but never registered until this week. I almost feel like I know you guys. At he Monahans game I sat nearone fellow I pegged to be a poster, but I didn't know which one he was. He was wearing a cap and sort of a tan windbreaker as I recall....

So was that any of you guys.

By the way, he appeared to be quite intelligent (and good looking, too, according to the women around us.)

:doh:

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 05:06 PM

I have been reading these posts all year, but never registered until this week. I almost feel like I know you guys. At he Monahans game I sat nearone fellow I pegged to be a poster, but I didn't know which one he was. He was wearing a cap and sort of a tan windbreaker as I recall....

By the way, he appeared to be quite intelligent (and good looking, too, according to the women around us.)

Bullish are you looking for a date:inlove:

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 05:06 PM

Yea--that was me, Bullish :D---but I was wearing a tan coat and a Bulls hat at the Monahans game.

Bullish
12-03-2008, 05:07 PM

Are you offering, RP?

Bullish
12-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Yea--that was me, Bullish :D---but I was wearing a tan coat and a Bulls hat at the Monahans game.

Well, good, now I can put a face with the wisdom of your posts!

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Are you offering, RP?

I think I might be the wrong gender, I mean Bullaholic is the good looking one.

pirate4state
12-03-2008, 05:09 PM
You have been on here so long you have an outline of how these threads are suppose to progress.
Cue me when the band discussion should end and the ref discussion should begin. I will be happy to oblige. The band stuff is already past. Just a small disturbance. It seems to be a pattern though with Liberty Hill. :thinking: I've never noticed anything malicious about your band though, maybe because I'm WATCHING football?!?! hmmmm :D

The other stuff I mentioned won't come until just before the game when most people are on the road and/or directly after they get home from said game. :)

I'll continue to make observations and throw out penalty flags.

Bullaholic - this will probably be my last year to travel the state and watch games. Unless I can find some sponsorship! :p

Bullish
12-03-2008, 05:12 PM
I think I might be the wrong gender, I mean Bullaholic is the good looking one.

Now, now RP...don't be trying to hang something like that on me. If you will read my post carefully, it said the fellow (who turned out to be the one and only Bullaholic) was termed good looking BY THE WOMEN around us.

I did not offer a personal observation on that one.

Now, back to the question...are you offering?

;)

Budman007
12-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Now, now RP...don't be trying to hang something like that on me. If you will read my post carefully, it said the fellow (who turned out to be the one and only Bullaholic) was termed good looking BY THE WOMEN around us.

;)

Not to be critical, Bullish. But, you need to get your mind back on the game.:)

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 05:16 PM

;)

I think you’re just interested in my cookies. Besides I can’t say I’ve ever had a hankering for a Steer before. :p

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 05:17 PM
LH by 14+:)

pirate4state
12-03-2008, 05:18 PM
I think you’re just interested in my cookies. Besides I can’t say I’ve ever had a hankering for a Steer before. :p uhhhhhhhhh who doesn't love meat??? c'mon now!

pirate4state
12-03-2008, 05:19 PM
hey Bridgeport folks will one of you PLEASE answer my question on this thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90158) thank you

firstcat
12-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Well, I learned something already---I didn't know Hal Wasson was at LH before SLC.

Another ex-Liberty Hill Coach was Coach Johnston...he played the Midland Lee Coach in the Friday Night Lights Movie...just more trivia.

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 05:28 PM
hey Bridgeport folks will one of you PLEASE answer my question on this thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90158) thank you

Done! The boy's varsity started BB on Nov. 21.

Bullish
12-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Here's an article hot off the press in our local county newspaper about the game.

I guess no matter what it said I will still plan to go.

http://www.wcmessenger.com/sports/football_content/EkklFEAEZkZQFUdVSu.php

LHexPlayer
12-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Another ex-Liberty Hill Coach was Coach Johnston...he played the Midland Lee Coach in the Friday Night Lights Movie...just more trivia.

He was also the MVP of the Cotton Bowl when he was a linebacker at UT. And one hell of good guy.

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 05:44 PM
That's a very good article.

Bullaholic
12-03-2008, 05:46 PM
That's a very good article.

I think Sportsdude (the article author) has been drinking some of that purple kool-aid. :D

wimbo_pro
12-03-2008, 06:06 PM

Runnin Panther is a chick?????

wimbo_pro
12-03-2008, 06:07 PM
I think LH's band could kick the butt's of the BP's band.

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Uh huh :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

BigBully
12-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Okay, I just finished watching every game film of LH this year. Bridgeport will win this game. There are several "tells" that we have picked up on that will make defending the Slut-T very easy. Get ready for an A-whipping Daddy Daycare 11 !!!!!!!! LH is perhaps the single most over-rated high school team in history!!

LHexPlayer
12-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by BigBully
Okay, I just finished watching every game film of LH this year. Bridgeport will win this game. There are several "tells" that we have picked up on that will make defending the Slut-T very easy. Get ready for an A-whipping Daddy Daycare 11 !!!!!!!! LH is perhaps the single most over-rated high school team in history!!

Oh dang. If only every other team we played this year would have just hired you, they would have beaten us. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 07:05 PM
:rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2008, 07:07 PM
(Apologies if someone has already covered this....just catching up.)

It's not something those of us who had kids playing at the time like to talk about. :( We were 2-8 & 1-9, if I remember right, the two years prior to Vance's arrival.

Vance came from San Marcos, where he coached under Bruce Bush. I don't know the exact timeline of when/where, but I know he had previously been at Gregory-Portland, Alice, and some other places. His first coaching job was in Dimmitt, in the mid/late 70's...again, under Bruce Bush. I think I've got all this right; if not, I'm sure I'll hear about it. :D 5-5 his first year here, which was a vast improvement. But, there was much more to the "winning" than just the record.

:crying: :crying: Now, you've done it! LHMom, Come On, Super R and LHExplayer definitely know what I'm talking about with all this.

bulls08
12-03-2008, 07:13 PM
BB - 38
LH - 28

slpybear the bullfan
12-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by whatdoiknow?
Our band plays but never at the right time. Half the time they will crank up a tune when our offense has the ball. Our band is small so it doesn't matter much.

+1

Maybe +10

slpybear the bullfan
12-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Is cue the same thing as que or queue?

No.

Cue is a prompt.

Que is a spanish word.

queue is a line of items ready for something.

slpybear the bullfan
12-03-2008, 07:28 PM

Well heck! That was me! (but Mrs. Slpybear sits right next to me.)

:D :D :D

slpybear the bullfan
12-03-2008, 07:32 PM

I eat Peanut M&M's at every game during the third quarter.

Just a thing I do. :thinking:

Keystonepride
12-03-2008, 07:44 PM

How many plays do both teams have that they have been "saving" for late in the playoffs?

You know they play I am talking about...you saw it week 1 or 2....or maybe even during a scrimmage....but as we speak the coaches are gameplanning to show each other something new...

any ideas?

hook and ladder?
fumblerooski?

Keystonepride
12-03-2008, 07:47 PM

uh-oh....he watched all the tapes.

Budman007
12-03-2008, 07:56 PM

Come on, Slpy. You know that he's talking about me. The main reason I looked so intelligent was because of all my Sweetwater friends sitting around me.;) Not really, Red. I promise.

purple_blood
12-03-2008, 07:58 PM
:rolleyes:

just my $0.02

I had a son in 8th grade when Coach Vance arrived, he told those kids that if they stuck with the program the would be winners. My son was the first class that had Coach Vance all 4 years where they made it to the semi-finals. That year they had 3 backs that by the end of the 7th game all 3 had over 1000 yards rushing. Needles to say we did not throw a single pass. That drove the fans crazy not passing. I remember parents yelling "just Throw the Ball". My son always told me that when you throw the ball 3 thrings can happen and 2 of them are bad.

The biggest thing that coach Vance brought to the team was showing them respect and teaching the kids to work together and to trust one another. The first year I think that they ran only 5 plays all year, but the same kids that wnet 2-8 and 1-9 went 5-5. The next year they made the play offs and have not missed it since.

From a parents and fan perspective I have never seen Vance chew out a player on the side line during a game, instead he is focused on the game. That does not mean he has not done his share of butt chewing, but that is always done in private away from the stands. I could go on but I think you see what I mean, he has instilled discipline in the players and he has been consistent and they have trusted the system and it works for the Panthers.

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 08:18 PM

:lies:

Bull_Guy
12-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Just curious because someone was talking about how bport doesnt have any speedsters... Are the your defensive backs very fast?

Super_R
12-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Here's an article hot off the press in our local county newspaper about the game.

I guess no matter what it said I will still plan to go.

http://www.wcmessenger.com/sports/football_content/EkklFEAEZkZQFUdVSu.php

That was a good article. Robert you did well.

I'm glad that band talk is over.

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Bull_Guy
Just curious because someone was talking about how bport doesnt have any speedsters... Are the your defensive backs very fast?

Decent. And only one person was saying that, I think I speak for all of us here in LH when I say that we are well aware that Bridgeport has alot of talent all over the field.

It's just not going to be enough to beat the panthers:p

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 08:35 PM

I would say LH and BP match up pretty well in the speed department. I was thinking BP had the kind of speed Glimmer or Cuero has. But I just didn’t see it on film.

Super_R
12-03-2008, 08:35 PM

So you got your hands on the holy grail of game film...the hidden and forbidden...the ones we all hoped were destroyed...The LH vs Cuero 06 matchup. And the LH vs Wim 06 matchup.

If this is true LH is in deep Bullfodder.

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 08:36 PM
I would say LH and BP match up pretty well in the speed department. I was thinking BP had the kind of speed Glimmer or Cuero has. But I just didn’t see it on film.

Oh, they definitely don't have that speed. But who does? LOL that's what makes the Buckeyes and Gobblers so special every single year.

OldBison75
12-03-2008, 08:37 PM
How many games has Liberty Hill played at the Baylor stadium in the playoffs the last few years? I know that they have won most or all there, but I'm just wondering. Does anybody have a take on what ref chapter will be used in this game? I have seen several different chapters this yer and have some definite opinions on which were the best at being in position to make calls and which were more likely to be flag happy. The LH offense is so full of misdirection and quick traps that they seldom get called for holding. It seem even the refs get caught up in trying to find the ball.

If I am not mistaken, LH might have enough wins in the stadium to have a regular winning streak there.

LHexPlayer
12-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Oh, they definitely don't have that speed. But who does? LOL that's what makes the Buckeyes and Gobblers so special every single year.

Well that and Cuero has a freakin turkey for their mascot. A Turkey a freakin turkey and somehow they make it work.:D

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 08:38 PM
How many games has Liberty Hill played at the Baylor stadium in the playoffs the last few years? I know that they have won most or all there, but I'm just wondering. Does anybody have a take on what ref chapter will be used in this game? I have seen several different chapters this yer and have some definite opinions on which were the best at being in position to make calls and which were more likely to be flag happy. The LH offense is so full of misdirection and quick traps that they seldom get called for holding. It seem even the refs get caught up in trying to find the ball.

If I am not mistaken, LH might have enough wins in the stadium to have a regular winning streak there.

We are 3-0 there.

Super_R
12-03-2008, 08:38 PM

Cuero 07', Jasper 04', and Port I 03' are the fastest teams in 3A that I have ever seen...in that order.

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Decent. And only one person was saying that, I think I speak for all of us here in LH when I say that we are well aware that Bridgeport has alot of talent all over the field.

It's just not going to be enough to beat the panthers:p

I never said they didn’t have talent, what I said was I did not see anyone with barn burner speed. If they do I didn’t see it when looking at the film. LH doesn’t have barn burner speed either.

Just my opinion.

Daddy D 11
Cuero 07', Jasper 04', and Port I 03' are the fastest teams in 3A that I have ever seen...in that order.

Manor in '04. Cuero in '06.

bulls08
commerce had a real fast team the year they went to state

Super_R
We are 3-0 there.

I feel a 4 coming on!

Daddy D 11
I never said they didn’t have talent, what I said was I did not see anyone with barn burner speed. If they do I didn’t see it when looking at the film. LH doesn’t have barn burner speed either.

Just my opinion.

I completely agree with you.

OrangeChamps
12-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Actually was just wanting to add to the number since I picked 2,500, but since I saw the quote about LH being over-rated I'll chime in.

When you beat Giddings, Wylie, and Brownwood (that would be the Brownwood that hung with Stephenville), you are anything but over-rated.

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 08:42 PM
I feel a 4 coming on!

I've heard some information from a little birdie that excites me very much. The Panthers will cruise to 4-0 all time at Floyd Casey Stadium this Saturday. For sure.

bulls08
12-03-2008, 08:43 PM
i have to disagree, i have a feeling those slow skill players for the bulls are going to shock you, and 37-1 is still a hell of a run

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps
When you beat Giddings, Wylie, and Brownwood (that would be the Brownwood that hung with Stephenville), you are anything but over-rated.

All 3 of those wins were in the first 4 weeks of the season too:thumbsup:

bulls08
12-03-2008, 08:44 PM
i wonder what happened to brownwood, i thought they would be a powerhouse in 3A and they only won three games

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 08:44 PM
i have to disagree, i have a feeling those slow skill players for the bulls are going to shock you, and 37-1 is still a hell of a run

They are shifty and quick. I'll give em that.

And 37-1 is a great run, something Bridgeport will never taste:stirpot: :taunt: But 38 in a row just has a better ring to it:D

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 08:45 PM
i wonder what happened to brownwood, i thought they would be a powerhouse in 3A and they only won three games

No defense AT ALL. The best offense in the state though. It was a barn burner of a game.

bulls08
12-03-2008, 08:45 PM
does anyone know what southlake carrols win streak got to a few years back?

OrangeChamps
12-03-2008, 08:47 PM
I believe it was 49, they tied Abilene High for the big school record.

bulls08
12-03-2008, 08:47 PM
i have to disagree unless i saw a bad game when i watched brownwood, if not and you thought that was the best in the state boy you are in for a treat saturday, i watched them play breckenridge and they were far from best in the state

bulls08
12-03-2008, 08:48 PM
i knew it was a lot they were always on our schedule and a lot of fun to watch

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 08:49 PM
i have to disagree unless i saw a bad game when i watched brownwood, if not and you thought that was the best in the state boy you are in for a treat saturday, i watched them play breckenridge and they were far from best in the state

I'm pretty sure numbers wise they were, call me crazy but I swore I saw something somewhere showing they were number one. And we are in for a feast, not a treat:)

bulls08
12-03-2008, 08:51 PM
are you going on yards or total points?

Runnin Panther
12-03-2008, 08:52 PM

This has been my #1 favorite post on this thread so far. Keep’m coming I love it.;)

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 08:56 PM
are you going on yards or total points?

I think it was a cumulative amount of stats that were compiled together for one statistic. I'm probably wrong though.

Keystonepride
12-03-2008, 09:00 PM
I love that Daddy put it in his signature...

classic

bulls08
12-03-2008, 09:01 PM
how many total yards will bridgeport have? start a little poll and see who gets the close

lange4
12-03-2008, 09:04 PM
O.K. I have some catching up to do. Have not read everything. The article in the Llano paper only had to do with the BP game. If you would go back to the the game with LH you would find the same accolades. When asked to compare playing against both, a Jacket player said BP linebackers were good, but, not as good as LH. As a Llano fan and follower I will agree that the talent level of LH and Llano are vastly differant. What you see from one is not what you get from the other. BP, you are going to be in for a shock if you think that because you outplayed Llano for a half you are goingt to beat LH. They are much quicker and faster than Llano. Your LB's and DB's are going to feel the affects of thier cut blocks all night long. I said before that the BP team reminded me of the 05 Wimberley team and they still do to a point. When they are on they do, but the problem is that they are not always ON. The 05 Wimberley team was ALWAYS on. BP you will have to play like that to beat LH. I do not want to hear anymore about injured players this or that. This time of year everybody has them. Llano sat out 3 starters against BP, and when you see how many of Llano,s players go both ways, that is like 4.5 players being out. My prediction is LH 35 BP17 unless BP can play 48 min like the 05 Texans, then I say 56 LH 49 BP. (this is because I know they are not the 05 Texans) I still luv u Wimbo, even thou you keep dis'n us.

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm pretty sure numbers wise they were, call me crazy but I swore I saw something somewhere showing they were number one. And we are in for a feast, not a treat:)
They still have the # 1 offense in the Massey Ratings as of this week's rankings.

BigBully
12-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Okay, I just finished watching all the tapes again in super-slow motion and HD. Like I said, the Slut-T is easy to defend when several players are giving away information pre-snap on exactly where the play is going. For example, one player blinks an odd number of times for plays running right and an even number of blinks for the play going left. Another player scratches himself if he is going to get it. There are several more. The result is enough information to predict the exact play. Get ready to be pwned Daddy Deez Nutz 11 !!!!

P.S. Can someone give me a Green brothers update?

bulls08
12-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Cameron practiced all week Corbin got held out until tomorrow, both will be starting

BigBully
12-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Cameron practiced all week Corbin got held out until tomorrow, both will be starting

Am I right that Corbin's injury was a hamstring? If so, that could really be a nuisance. I realize that he intends to start, but was also wondering if it looks like he will be 100% or just trying to make it work. Thanks again for the info.

bulls08
12-03-2008, 09:22 PM
not 100 percent sure

Bullish
12-03-2008, 09:28 PM
ALERT TO THE BULL NATION!!

If you have any doubt about how lightly the Bulls are being taken down in Liberty Hill's neck of the woods, check out the video in the upper right of this web page.

Sportswriters for the Austin American Statesman matter-of-factly refer to the Bridgeport game as a "breather" (exact quote) for Liberty Hill, and they are looking forward to those purple people playing Celina or Giddings the following week.

I know Bridgeport is not being given a lot of credit down there....but "A BREATHER"??

Wow, talk about no respect.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/highschools/Liberty_Hill.html

slpybear the bullfan
12-03-2008, 09:30 PM

If you have any doubt about how lightly the Bulls are being taken down in Liberty Hill's neck of the woods, check out the video in the upper right of this web page.

Sportswriters for the Austin American Statesman matter-of-factly refer to the Bridgeport game as a "breather" (exact quote) for Liberty Hill, and they are looking forward to those purple people playing Celina or Giddings the following week.

I know Bridgeport is not being given a lot of credit down there....but "A BREATHER"??

Here you go, Bullish... I helped you out with a direct link.

I am not sure what major market these sports guys are headed for... but I am pretty sure it won't be Bridgeport, Celina, or Kaufman. They pretty much think all games except State will be a "breather".

Check out this preview--Liberty Hill is blessed with a "breather" this week.

Centex Quaterfinals Preview

Video:
Rick Cantu and Danny Davis look ahead to this weekend's quarterfinal action.
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1620628587/bctid3641754001

Bullish
12-03-2008, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
[B]Here you go, Bullish... I helped you out with a direct link.

Thanks...I was having trouble getting the thing to cut and paste accurately.

I guess we are beginning to understand our place in the pecking order, huh?

bulls08
12-03-2008, 09:35 PM
what is the trick to opening pms

Budman007
12-03-2008, 09:41 PM
What a couple of major Homers! Yeah, LH will get a breather this week that will have them coming up gasping for air!

GO BULLS!!!

Here you go, Bullish... I helped you out with a direct link.

I am not sure what major market these sports guys are headed for... but I am pretty sure it won't be Bridgeport, Celina, or Kaufman. They pretty much think all games except State will be a "breather".

Check out this preview--Liberty Hill is blessed with a "breather" this week.

Centex Quaterfinals Preview

Video:
Rick Cantu and Danny Davis look ahead to this weekend's quarterfinal action.
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1620628587/bctid3641754001

Bull_Guy
12-03-2008, 09:43 PM

Yes... they will get a breather this week... and for the next 7 months too until next football season... :D :p :devil:

bulls08
i just hope they have their high tops ready, bball is coming soon in LH

Super_R
what is the trick to opening pms

You see that little police lights and siren sound. Click there. If you have popups blocket it wont open for you. Or you can go to "usercp" at the top of any page. Click and go from there.

bulls08
12-03-2008, 09:45 PM
thanks

Super_R
12-03-2008, 09:45 PM
i just hope they have their high tops ready, bball is coming soon in LH

I don't think a single player on the football team plays basketball.

By the way...how crappy are y'all at basketball?

wimbo_pro
12-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by lange4
O.K. I have some catching up to do. Have not read everything. The article in the Llano paper only had to do with the BP game. If you would go back to the the game with LH you would find the same accolades. When asked to compare playing against both, a Jacket player said BP linebackers were good, but, not as good as LH. As a Llano fan and follower I will agree that the talent level of LH and Llano are vastly differant. What you see from one is not what you get from the other. BP, you are going to be in for a shock if you think that because you outplayed Llano for a half you are goingt to beat LH. They are much quicker and faster than Llano. Your LB's and DB's are going to feel the affects of thier cut blocks all night long. I said before that the BP team reminded me of the 05 Wimberley team and they still do to a point. When they are on they do, but the problem is that they are not always ON. The 05 Wimberley team was ALWAYS on. BP you will have to play like that to beat LH. I do not want to hear anymore about injured players this or that. This time of year everybody has them. Llano sat out 3 starters against BP, and when you see how many of Llano,s players go both ways, that is like 4.5 players being out. My prediction is LH 35 BP17 unless BP can play 48 min like the 05 Texans, then I say 56 LH 49 BP. (this is because I know they are not the 05 Texans) I still luv u Wimbo, even thou you keep dis'n us.

Lange4...your assessment is VERY much in line with what i am thinking. I see a parallel to the 05 Texans and BP...the video's I have seen, the stats, the record, the downright grit that seems to come from the fans...I get this feeling like this just might be the team to do it...the team to become the "up-start" who dethrones a possible dynasty. But... I dunno...maybe it's just me feeling the old tug of the underdog winning it against the odds...

You lay out a pretty convincing case, having seen both teams as you have (God knows you know LH well). I have come back to earth with your honest and what is probably accurate take on the situation...LH is just too much for BP, who is a great contender and a class act...but a BP that is just not quite up to the level you need to be to beat such a powerhouse as LH. And we here in Wimberley AND Llano know better than most what it takes to beat LH.

By the way...please dont think i am dissing you...i am being honest...as of to-date, Llano is at best a mediocre play off team. Which makes Wimberley far less, since we didnt even make the play offs. So yes, I recognize and acknowledge that Llano is, at present, a better team than Wimberley.

bulls08
12-03-2008, 09:49 PM
think we made the playoffs 3 or 4 times ever

Bull_Guy
12-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Lange4...your assessment is VERY much in line with what i am thinking. I see a parallel to the 05 Texans and BP...the video's I have seen, the stats, the record, the downright grit that seems to come from the fans...I get this feeling like this just might be the team to do it...the team to become the "up-start" who dethrones a possible dynasty. But... I dunno...maybe it's just me feeling the old tug of the underdog winning it against the odds...

You lay out a pretty convincing case, having seen both teams as you have (God knows you know LH well). I have come back to earth with your honest and what is probably accurate take on the situation...LH is just too much for BP, who is a great contender and a class act...but a BP that is just not quite up to the level you need to be to beat such a powerhouse as LH. And we here in Wimberley AND Llano know better than most what it takes to beat LH.

By the way...please dont think i am dissing you...i am being honest...as of to-date, Llano is at best a mediocre play off team. Which makes Wimberley far less, since we didnt even make the play offs. So yes, I recognize and acknowledge that Llano is, at present, a better team than Wimberley.

I honestly belive that these two teams are even with all aspects considered. And it will be a game to remember as i've said before.
But i really think the winner of this game is team that make the least mistakes. Even if it is just one mistake... that could undoubtably be the difference between winning and losing

lange4
12-03-2008, 09:54 PM
If you want to play that game look at the Bridgeport versus Vernon and Bridgeport versus Llano games. Both common opponets

bulls08
12-03-2008, 09:59 PM
i dont think you can look at other games, teams can get up more for some teams than they can others, but this should be a dog fight

Super_R
12-03-2008, 10:00 PM
We're kind of lucky...no. We're damn lucky!!! Look up and down the boards. Half of the crap aint even about high school football. Yet us select few...the lucky ones...get to watch our boys go to war again. I don't get any better than this.

We all have similar feelings looking back to July. Could this be the year. Rusty in scrimmages...personal swaps...injuries...people step up...Studs are born. We talk amongst ourselves about who will be the "tough games" and what we will have to do in order to win. We talk after...and sometimes during church about the game. We spend and extra hour at the grocery store breaking down the past and next game.

I know that this amazing ride for the past 2+ years of not losing a game is amazing...every time a friend of mine asks how we did I get to say..."We do what we do...Win" I don't have a thing to do with the outcome...yet I am as proud as I could possibly be with "Our Boys".

I'm sure BP would have never imagined that they would be alive in week 14 undefeated preparing to play one of the best programs in the state. Along the ride school records have been set and shattered.

High School football, especially in a small town, is as pure as it gets. It's Your town...you win or lose as they do. It can become the lifeblood of your community. What has happened in LH and BP this stretch wont be forgotten.

bulls08
12-03-2008, 10:01 PM
very well said

slpybear the bullfan
12-03-2008, 10:04 PM
We're kind of lucky...no. We're damn lucky!!! Look up and down the boards. Half of the crap aint even about high school football. Yet us select few...the lucky ones...get to watch our boys go to war again. I don't get any better than this.

We all have similar feelings looking back to July. Could this be the year. Rusty in scrimmages...personal swaps...injuries...people step up...Studs are born. We talk amongst ourselves about who will be the "tough games" and what we will have to do in order to win. We talk after...and sometimes during church about the game. We spend and extra hour at the grocery store breaking down the past and next game.

I know that this amazing ride for the past 2+ years of not losing a game is amazing...every time a friend of mine asks how we did I get to say..."We do what we do...Win" I don't have a thing to do with the outcome...yet I am as proud as I could possibly be with "Our Boys".

I'm sure BP would have never imagined that they would be alive in week 14 undefeated preparing to play one of the best programs in the state. Along the ride school records have been set and shattered.

High School football, especially in a small town, is as pure as it gets. It's Your town...you win or lose as they do. It can become the lifeblood of your community. What has happened in LH and BP this stretch wont be forgotten.

A very big +1 from this Bull Fan.

Bull_Guy
12-03-2008, 10:05 PM

By far one of my favorite posts yet! +1

wimbo_pro
12-03-2008, 10:09 PM
I honestly belive that these two teams are even with all aspects considered. And it will be a game to remember as i've said before.
But i really think the winner of this game is team that make the least mistakes. Even if it is just one mistake... that could undoubtably be the difference between winning and losing

True, Bull_Guy. LH has shown a weakness this year for giving up the big play...but they somehow overcome those mistakes in each case to win the game. I call it the "intangible" affect. In this category, I have to go with LH to capitalize on the intagibles.

They (LH) have developed a "winner's knack" for finding these angles...these single moments in a game....to turn it into a victory...to take their winning streak and make it a weapon... to take a mistake by the opponents and then turn it into a smothering error....This is what winners do....they find a way to win....in any way or fashion possible.

You must either put the game out of reach so these intangibles are negated and are not an issue...or YOU become the ones who take that single moment in a game and turn it to your favor. Are you that team? Are you the next team to take these opportunities and make them your own? Stranger things have happened. Afterall....LH became this type of team in late '06...you could too.

If I were you though, I would hope for putting this game out of reach before LH's momentum and "mystique" has a chance to bite you in the butt. Trust me...it will, if given the chance.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Uh huh :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

:evillol: ;)

Daddy D 11
12-03-2008, 10:22 PM
They still have the # 1 offense in the Massey Ratings as of this week's rankings.

And that's with only 10 games under their belts.

See I knew I was right:hand: :)

Budman007
12-03-2008, 10:31 PM

Super, that is truly profound. I did'nt realize you had it in you. ;)

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
:evillol: ;)
:devil:

wimbo_pro
12-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Super, that is truly profound. I did'nt realize you had it in you. ;)

He's gotta be drunk...I am more accustomed to him saying something about his distaste and disdain for an opponents town and all the people who live in it and all they stand for....this is new.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2008, 10:41 PM
:devil:

I guess some think we are completely clueless!:p

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2008, 10:47 PM
He's gotta be drunk...I am more accustomed to him saying something about his distaste and disdain for an opponents town and all the people who live in it and all they stand for....this is new.
He's just keeping folks on their toes. (Or he let his hot wife post under his name. :D )

wimbo_pro
12-03-2008, 10:51 PM
He's just keeping folks on their toes. (Or he let his hot wife post under his name. :D )

Hmmm...you might have the answer there...which of course, if true, wouldnt reflect well on his wife (who i am sure is a wonderful woman)....but that's just pure speculation.

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Hmmm...you might have the answer there...which of course, if true, wouldnt reflect well on his wife (who i am sure is a wonderful woman)....but that's just pure speculation.
Nah, I was kidding about his wife. He does come up with several really great posts a season....and keeps me laughing the rest of the time. :D

OldBison75
12-03-2008, 11:18 PM
MOM, I think I have heard most of this thread before. I think it was about a year ago.

Just to let you know though, I think BP will play a better game than Navasota did last year. Still think you guys will win by at least 14, but it will likely be a little tougher. That is, unless you steamroll in the first 20 minutes like you did against us.

Good luck to the Panthers and hope to see you at a meet and greet in the near future.

MamaBull
12-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Yes... they will get a breather this week... and for the next 7 months too until next football season... :D :p :devil:
:clap: :clap:

wimbo_pro
12-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Nah, I was kidding about his wife. He does come up with several really great posts a season....and keeps me laughing the rest of the time. :D

i gotcha, LHPM...I understand. Kinda like how TropicMamma posted really great posts throughout the season, right?:D

lange4
12-03-2008, 11:31 PM
See Wimbo, you are still condesending to Llano. Granted, we will never have the talent pool to pick from as most schools in our district. Having seen our game with LH and your game with LH, yes, I went there instead of Llano-Canyon Lake. Same travel time. I believed it would be a great game. But let me say this this to the BP people, if you run a spread offense and you do not contain the front 4 of LH, you are in deep trouble. Do not compare LH's front 4 with Llano's. They may not be as big and strong, but they are quicker and faster. They WILL cause havoc in the backfield. #10 will have to be mobile and keep his wits about him. LH matches up with the speed of the Bulls a lot better than than the Jackets did. The speed of the Bulls took a while for the Jackets to adjust to. We just don't see it around here except for a few teams. And I might add that we do not have break-away speed as you well witnessed. The 10 to 15 yard runs that almost broke for Llano, 30% of those will be for substantsuosly more yardage.

wimbo_pro
12-03-2008, 11:46 PM
See Wimbo, you are still condesending to Llano.
I guess I am unsure as to what you are refering to...unless its the comment I made calling Llano a "mediocre play off team". If this is right, then i ask you...what else would you call it? A successful play off team? An above average play off team? A kick-butt play off team?? A perinnial play off team??

I wonder if what you are really saying is that you wish Llano would get the props of a tested and successful play off team of recent times...like LH, Wimberley, etc. (locally speaking of course). I apologize to you if this is the case...there is nothing to back up such a claim.

Budman007
12-03-2008, 11:53 PM
[B] But let me say this this to the BP people, if you run a spread offense and you do not contain the front 4 of LH, you are in deep trouble. Do not compare LH's front 4 with Llano's. They may not be as big and strong, but they are quicker and faster. They WILL cause havoc in the backfield. #10 will have to be mobile and keep his wits about him. [B]

If I've said it once, I've said it 1000 times. The O-line is the strength of the BP Offense. They are big, strong, athletic, with very good feet and technique. If you're basing the potential success of the LH D on winning at the line of scrimmage against these beasts, you're in a heap of trouble. #10 will pick the LH D apart like they've not seen since Brownwood. The question will be how many stops our D gets against the LH Offense. And I believe the answer will be enough stops to shock the central Texas football world this weeked.

GO BULLS!!!

wimbo_pro
12-03-2008, 11:55 PM
If I've said it once, I've said it 1000 times. The O-line is the strength of the BP Offense. They are big, strong, athletic, with very good feet and technique. If you're basing the potential success of the LH D on winning at the line of scrimmage against these beasts, you're in a heap of trouble. #10 will pick the LH D apart like they've not seen since Brownwood. The question will be how many stops our D gets against the LH Offense. And I believe the answer will be enough stops to shock the central Texas football world this weeked.

GO BULLS!!!

If you can stop the LH defense at the line, you can win. I have my doubts....but we shall see.

lange4
12-04-2008, 12:05 AM
I am not asking for the props of a state championship team. You just make it sound like the only way Llano beats you is when you have a down year We both know that is not the case, granted it is not consistant. by the way, when you mention State Championships from our District, why do you leave out Bandera.

slpybear the bullfan
12-04-2008, 12:08 AM
WOW...

There are more posts in just the thread about a road trip to the Region I game of the week... then there are right now in each of the region II and region III game of the week threads.

WOW...

BigBully
12-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Just to echo what was said above. If the LH front four must control the line of scrimmage then forget it. I mean this seriously and firmly, LH will NOT handle our offensive line. They are big, strong, athletic, and more importantly very very smart. We can debate all other aspects, but this is fact Liberty Hillbillies!!!

lange4
12-04-2008, 12:24 AM
How many people are going to the Stony Point game at the same site. Start time 2pm. Hear Stony Point has a hell of a defense. In the only game they lost this year they still only allowed 75 yards total offense. Yes, and still lost.

Keystonepride
12-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Liberty Hillbillies!!!

Would that make you a BridgePort-O-Potty?

lange4
12-04-2008, 12:36 AM
What do you consider controling the line of scrimage.Is it that you do not allow any penatration. Is it that you do not allow any sacks.If the answer is that you do not allow any pressure on the QB, you are going to be SHOCKED.....

lange4
12-04-2008, 12:44 AM
I read some stuff in here earlier on the bands. More power to em if they know the right time to play. I just want to know if that was the half-time of this thread.

Keystonepride
12-04-2008, 12:57 AM
WOW...

There are more posts in just the thread about a road trip to the Region I game of the week... then there are right now in each of the region II and region III game of the week threads.

WOW...

This thread here should easily be the 2nd most viewed thread on this site ever by the end of the week.....

BigBully
12-04-2008, 01:00 AM
Would that make you a BridgePort-O-Potty?

Dude that cracked me up for real!

BigBully
12-04-2008, 01:01 AM
What do you consider controling the line of scrimage.Is it that you do not allow any penatration. Is it that you do not allow any sacks.If the answer is that you do not allow any pressure on the QB, you are going to be SHOCKED.....

Did you not read what I said. This fact cannot be debated, so quit trying.

1st and goal
12-04-2008, 06:54 AM
I know this will be a great game. I'd pick LH if I was gambling on it.

But mainly, I just wanted to help bust the # of posts on this thread to 1000!:D