PDA

View Full Version : Region I GOTW: Brownwood vs Liberty Hill

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

nobogey72
09-18-2008, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
RIIIIIIIIIGHT.

Don't let him bother you Marlin. I happen to know that Rocket actually played the flute in his HS band. 2nd chair.:D :D

firstcat
09-18-2008, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by marlin fan
woohoo this will be the first game of the season that i attend!!

You better wear your panther t-shirt I gave you!!!

Rocket
09-18-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Don't let him bother you Marlin. I happen to know that Rocket actually played the flute in his HS band. 2nd chair.:D :D

Yeah don't let me both you, Marlin. :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
09-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Yeah don't let me both you, Marlin. :rolleyes:

Darn it....I meant to go in and correct that for nobogey and I got busy!!

Sweetwater Red
09-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Darn it....I meant to go in and correct that for nobogey and I got busy!!

I wish you would have. When a poster starts pointing out spelling
errors as comebacks that tells me their "wit" well has run dry.:(

Ranger Mom
09-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I wish you would have. When a poster starts pointing out spelling
errors as comebacks that tells me their "wit" well has run dry.:(

I corrected it anyway!! :p

Sweetwater Red
09-18-2008, 11:01 AM
I corrected it anyway!! :p

Now nobogey is going to wonder what the heck Rocket is talking about.:doh: :D

wimbo_pro
09-18-2008, 11:19 AM

He aint the only one....

Ranger Mom
09-18-2008, 11:19 AM

Damned if you do and damned if ya dont!:p

Sweetwater Red
09-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Damned if you do and damned if ya dont!:p

Oh! You did just fine. Trust me.;) :p

firstcat
09-18-2008, 12:20 PM
I guess the smack, trash, smash talkers all left the building....
:hijacktd:

;)

Super_R
09-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Where is all the real talking?

Super_R
09-18-2008, 12:40 PM
There hasn't been any football talk on this thread in over a day. So yere comes some.

I think that Brownwood wont have an answer for the Panthers offensive attack. LH has only punted 3 or 4 times this year. Brownwood has not seen the slot-t offense in recent years...and if they have it hasn't been to the precision and accuracy that the Panthers run.

The Panthers D is allowing about 20 points per game. The Brownwood offense is averaging just over 25 points per game. The Offenses of AW and Giddings are better than that of Brownwood. Therefore it will be a stretch for them to reach that 25 point total.

The Panthers have seen the spread offense twice this year and have gotten better at stopping it each time...and won each time
The Lions have seen a run team once...and they could not stop it...and they lost.

Come on!

Sweetwater Red
09-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by firstcat
I guess the smack, trash, smash talkers all left the building....
:hijacktd:

;)

Liberty Hill sucks.

I'm kidding...I'm kidding.:D

BwdLions
09-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
There hasn't been any football talk on this thread in over a day. So yere comes some.

I think that Brownwood wont have an answer for the Panthers offensive attack. LH has only punted 3 or 4 times this year. Brownwood has not seen the slot-t offense in recent years...and if they have it hasn't been to the precision and accuracy that the Panthers run.

The Panthers D is allowing about 20 points per game. The Brownwood offense is averaging just over 25 points per game. The Offenses of AW and Giddings are better than that of Brownwood. Therefore it will be a stretch for them to reach that 25 point total.

The Panthers have seen the spread offense twice this year and have gotten better at stopping it each time...and won each time
The Lions have seen a run team once...and they could not stop it...and they lost.

Come on!

Thank you Super_R for that very uneducated opinion. First off, how do you know that the AW and Giddings offenses are better than Brownwod? I don't think LH will have an answer for the Brownwood passing attack. Give me a break. :doh:

Rocket
09-18-2008, 01:04 PM

Come on!

It will be an offensive game. It will look like the Cowboys-Eagles last Monday night. Cowboys=Brownwood, Eagles= Liberty Hill.

As far as your statements about Wylie's offense being better than Brownwood's...You are smoking some serious stuff, and its early in the day too... :tisk:

LH has gotten better at stopping the spread each time? Let's see, 26 one week and 25 the next... Yeah I guess that is something to be a homer about? Good-ness... :doh:

Both of the teams that beat us could easily beat LH, Wylie, and Giddings. (This argument is about as valid as your offense claim).
In fact, I would bet the house on that.

Brownwood by 14

firstcat
09-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Thank you Super_R for that very uneducated opinion. First off, how do you know that the AW and Giddings offenses are better than Brownwod? I don't think LH will have an answer for the Brownwood passing attack. Give me a break. :doh:

LH answer to the passing attack is going to be that "mediocre" defense in the QB's face ALL NIGHT...hard to make a pass that way...your O-Line will have their work cut out for them. In my opinion, they were far too sluggish (at least on film) to really rival the LH Defense.
We're quick...we strike fast and hard, every single play.

firstcat
09-18-2008, 01:39 PM

Both of the teams that beat us could easily beat LH, Wylie, and Giddings. (This argument is about as valid as your offense claim).
In fact, I would bet the house on that.

Brownwood by 14

:lies: :lies:

I'm loving this...pile it higher and deeper!

wimbo_pro
09-18-2008, 01:43 PM
:lies: :lies:

I'm loving this...pile it higher and deeper!

I think he is ridiculing the logic of Super R as opposed to being serious about teams "...could easily beat LH, Wylie, Giddings..."

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Let's see, 26 one week and 25 the next... Yeah I guess that is something to be a homer about? Good-ness... :doh:

Actually 25 one week & 7 the next. Giddings doesn't run the spread. :p

BwdLions
09-18-2008, 01:49 PM
LH answer to the passing attack is going to be that "mediocre" defense in the QB's face ALL NIGHT...hard to make a pass that way...your O-Line will have their work cut out for them. In my opinion, they were far too sluggish (at least on film) to really rival the LH Defense.
We're quick...we strike fast and hard, every single play.

I think it's obvious to say that the LH defense will try to get to Pascall and disrupt our passing game. Your defense is no better than LaVega or S'Ville. I think our OL will be able to handle your DL with no problem. You just worry about how LH will perform. They will have their hands full covering our WRs.

Rocket
09-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Actually 25 one week & 7 the next. Giddings doesn't run the spread. :p

Manor? LOL Are you kidding me? Manor?

We are missing our D1 Lineman. Lucky for you...

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2008, 01:59 PM

You could have 5 or 6 D1 linemen and it wouldn't make us any difference. :)

wimbo_pro
09-18-2008, 01:59 PM

Injury?

Beast Fan
09-18-2008, 02:02 PM
[

We are missing our D1 Lineman. Lucky for you... [/B][/QUOTE]

Making excuses for your D already?

Rocket
09-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Beast Fan
[

Making excuses for your D already?

Nope, just the facts.

Rocket
09-18-2008, 02:11 PM

Oh yeah I forgot about the beast... :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Oh yeah I forgot about the beast... :rolleyes:
Nah, there's a whole bunch of kids, not just one. It takes all of them to get it done.

All out CAT
09-18-2008, 02:16 PM
29 hours and 15 minutes. 48 minutes after that will tell it all...if brwd makes it that long.

BwdLions
09-18-2008, 02:25 PM

Oh brother, it's getting deep in here now. :rolleyes:

Rocket
09-18-2008, 02:29 PM
OK, the Rocket is getting ready to blast off to Brownwood. All my Brownwood buddies and all traveling to the game, be safe. I will try to get on tonight after Brownwood's JV puts a whoopin' on LH to set the tone. ha ha

See you guys Friday night and good luck...

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Oh brother, it's getting deep in here now. :rolleyes:
Uhm, okay. :confused: :doh:

Sweetwater Red
09-18-2008, 02:36 PM

:ditto: :(

BwdLions
09-18-2008, 03:07 PM

What? I know you were being confident about it didn't matter if we had 5 or 6 D1 lineman, but come on. It'd make a world of difference if any team had that kind of depth. You haven't exactly been shutting people out this year.

firstcat
09-18-2008, 03:08 PM

Yeah, just ask Gilmer...they had several of them!!!!

firstcat
09-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by All out CAT
29 hours and 15 minutes. 48 minutes after that will tell it all...if brwd makes it that long.

shouldn't you be listening to the instructor right now? I'm going to tell on you!

BwdLions
09-18-2008, 03:10 PM
:ditto: :(

Stop sucking up Red. :tisk:

firstcat
09-18-2008, 03:16 PM

Well, don't you think you should find him??? You're going to need him!

Texasfootball2
09-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah, just ask Gilmer...they had several of them!!!!

Sorry, but I will have to "Amen" this statement. Gilmer had several of them.

Super_R
09-18-2008, 03:35 PM

Well since I am uneducated and since you don't "think" LH will be able to stop that Amazing passing attack. Which is an astounding 175 ypg. That is amazing. That is almost 44 yards per quarter. Crap!!! What is our "mediocre" secondary to do???

Daddy D 11
09-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Well since I am uneducated and since you don't "think" LH will be able to stop that Amazing passing attack. Which is an astounding 175 ypg. That is amazing. That is almost 44 yards per quarter. Crap!!! What is our "mediocre" secondary to do???

hahaa 44 yards per quarter:hairpunk:

What are we going to do?:eek:

firstcat
09-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

What are we going to do?:eek:

Lions!!! OH MY!!!!

Super_R
09-18-2008, 03:44 PM

We average almost 10 yards per carry.

The the happily married couple of Rocket and Beast...go ask your DC if he has slept well this week.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2008, 03:53 PM

The the happily married couple of Rocket and Beast...go ask your DC if he has slept well this week.

It's a little early in the year to put too much into the 10 yds/carry stat. What was the average at the end of last year? And the year before? And (if you have it), what were the same stats this time last year (3 games in).

Not saying LH isnt racking up the yards...they always do...just asking how it compares to last year and the year before after 3 games.

Super_R
09-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
It's a little early in the year to put too much into the 10 yds/carry stat. What was the average at the end of last year? And the year before? And (if you have it), what were the same stats this time last year (3 games in).

Not saying LH isnt racking up the yards...they always do...just asking how it compares to last year and the year before after 3 games.

It was around 8 yards per carry.

At this time last year it was probably the same...maybe a little less.

LHexPlayer
09-18-2008, 03:57 PM

Last year averaged 7.98 yards per carry for the season. This according to AAS.

And last year after the first three games we averaged 7.96 yards per carry. We had 1242 yds from 156 carries.

Compared to 1339 yards from 144 carries for an avg of 9.29 yards per carry this year in the first three games.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2008, 04:04 PM
wow...not bad. I wonder what the "mean" average is...I dont want to go off the deep end with stats, but I wonder if you take out the break away TD's, the long runs, what is the average?

The reason I ask is from the "ground and pound" aspect...sure, LH will break a few long ones on you, but even if they dont, they will methodically move down the field. I bet that average is probably 4 yards a carry or so...still very impressive.

LHexPlayer
09-18-2008, 04:08 PM
wow...not bad. I wonder what the "mean" average is...I dont want to go off the deep end with stats, but I wonder if you take out the break away TD's, the long runs, what is the average?

The reason I ask is from the "ground and pound" aspect...sure, LH will break a few long ones on you, but even if they dont, they will methodically move down the field. I bet that average is probably 4 yards a carry or so...still very impressive.

Not sure. It is crazy that with the much tougher schedule this year so far, that we are already ahead of last years pace. I would not have thought that.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Not sure. It is crazy that with this much tougher schedule this year so far, that we are already ahead of last years pace. I would not have thought that.

Yep. And i bet the reason you are about 10% less in carries to this point has to do with the better quality teams you have played...and possibly (note: possibly) the less solid defense...not sure.

LHexPlayer
09-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Yep. And i bet the reason you are about 10% less in carries to this point has to do with the better quality teams...and possibly (note: possibly) the less solid defense...not sure.

Yeah I would think so. We also have given up 21 more points so far this year. We have given up 58 compared to 37. Much tougher teams this year. Last year was Waco Connally, Burnet, and Gatesville.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah I would think so. We also have given up 21 more points so far this year. We have given up 58 compared to 37.

Better opponents of weaker defense? Hard to tell. I would lean towards better opponents, but possibly its both.

LHexPlayer
09-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Better opponents of weaker defense? Hard to tell. I would lean towards better opponents, but possibly its both.

I think better opponents. Also the defense is not where it was at the end of last year. I don't think our defense is weaker than it was at this time last year.

firstcat
09-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Let's compare the two teams (this season) to date:

Passing:
Average yard per pass: BW-43.7 LH-31.0
Interceptions: BW-1 LH-0
Touchdowns: BW-4 LH-0

Rushing:
Average yards per carry: BW-6.3 LH-9.3
Touchdowns: BW-1 LH-15

Now, we all know that LH is going to pound the ground and score and it is a good chance that they will score on every possession.

However, if BW is depending on their passing game, then there is only three things that can happen when you throw the ball and two of them aren't good.

Points for: BW-35 LH-105
Points against: BW-58 LH-24

I like our odds....Brownwood won't outscore Liberty Hill.

LHexPlayer
09-18-2008, 04:26 PM
I found this to be BW's Qb's stats:

Name CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/C TD INT Sack
#6 Casey Pachall 44 71 538 62.0% 12.2 9 2 4

Pachall is 44 of 71 for 538 yds.

That is a 62% completion rate for 12.2 yds per reception. He has 9 TDs with 2 interceptions and has been sacked 4 times.

This is from the Brownwood lions site.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2008, 04:26 PM
FirstCat...if I only had the stats to go by, and I was a betting man, there is no way I could go against LH. Stat-wise (for what its worth, which in high school football often times means nothing), BW is WAYYYY over-matched.

BUT....

They arent your average team. They have a history of winning, and they are itching to prove something. I am sticking by my LH prediction of a good sized victory by LH, but if LH stumbles at all...it could be a barn-burner.

LHexPlayer
09-18-2008, 04:27 PM
FirstCat...if I only had the stats to go by, and I was a betting man, there is no way I could go against LH. Stat-wise (for what its worth, which in high school football often times means nothing), BW is WAYYYY over-matched.

BUT....

They arent your average team. They have a history of winning, and they are itching to prove something. I am sticking by my LH prediction of a good sized victory by LH, but if LH stumbles at all...it could be a barn-burner.

I agree 100% with you Wimbo. I know it hurts you to say that.:D

wimbo_pro
09-18-2008, 04:29 PM
I agree 100% with you Wimbo. I know it hurts you to say that.:D

Yeah...it does. But you gotta know if LH loses this one, I have to admit I will probably smile a little bit...though I do want the next State champ to come from our district, for strictly selfish reasons.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2008, 04:30 PM
nm

LHexPlayer
09-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah...it does. But you gotta know if LH loses this one, I have to admit I will probably smile a little bit...though I do want the next State champ to come from our district, for strictly selfish reasons.

Wouldn't blame you one bit. It's just the way it is.

firstcat
09-18-2008, 04:34 PM
and that, is what I love about High School Football!

If Brownwood plays a mistake-free game...they may make it competitive.
If Liberty Hill plays a mistake-free game...it won't even be close. My opinion.

I can't wait...this week has been dragging!

firstcat
09-18-2008, 04:35 PM
How many more hours, All-Out-Cat???

All out CAT
09-18-2008, 05:10 PM
How many more hours, All-Out-Cat???

All out CAT
09-18-2008, 05:13 PM

YOu're right and i'll take 4 yards on every down vs. big break-away yardage

garciap77
09-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Stop sucking up Red. :tisk:

:ditto:

marlin fan
09-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Just for u firstcat i will ware the shirt and let the whole world see my big big big stomach

Rocket
09-18-2008, 07:43 PM

I just talked to him a few minutes ago. He has slept well, thanks.

Freshman Score
Brownwood 29
LH 14

Final

BEAST
09-18-2008, 07:52 PM
29-15 The Wood handled the Fish version of the Slop T. More coming soon.

BEAST

LHexPlayer
09-18-2008, 08:04 PM

Freshman Score
Brownwood 29
LH 14

Final

Congrats Brownwood Freshman. Good luck the rest of your season.

espn1
09-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
29-15 The Wood handled the Fish version of the Slop T. More coming soon.

BEAST LMAO!

Super_R
09-18-2008, 08:28 PM

Freshman Score
Brownwood 29
LH 14

Final

How did your and beast's kid do tonight?

Daddy D 11
09-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Im going to need text updates tomorrow please:)

Super_R
09-18-2008, 08:36 PM

You got it brother!

Daddy D 11
09-18-2008, 08:37 PM
You got it brother!

I'm coming home saturday:cool:

Super_R
09-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Last year averaged 7.98 yards per carry for the season. This according to AAS.

And last year after the first three games we averaged 7.96 yards per carry. We had 1242 yds from 156 carries.

Compared to 1339 yards from 144 carries for an avg of 9.29 yards per carry this year in the first three games.

Damn I'm good. Thanks for confirming what I thought.

Super_R
09-18-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm coming home saturday:cool:

I already knew that. Drive safe.

44INAROW
09-18-2008, 08:47 PM
R
speakiing of text updates - Rita - can you text Lil44 updates of the LH/Brownwood game?

BEAST
09-18-2008, 09:05 PM
At halftime, The Wood JV A team is leading Libety Hill 21-0. I am not even sure the Slop T produced more than 1 or 2 first downs. More coming soon.

BEAST

BEAST
09-18-2008, 09:09 PM

Is that what you are reduced to Super? Try harder. That lost its humor after the first time it was played. After all, you are the super one, surely you can find something original in that super mind of yours. Go ask Blue for some help.

BEAST

Super_R
09-18-2008, 09:09 PM
More coming soon.
BEAST

You have no idea how right you are...you will see a lot more in about 22 hours and 21 minutes.

Super_R
09-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Beast...

Is your nickname derived like when you nickname a fat guy "Tiny"...or like when you call a fat guy "Haus"?

It's probably the latter. So you must be one ugly chick.

Atleast you found someone.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2008, 09:16 PM

Freshman Score
Brownwood 29
LH 14

Final

Congrats BW Freshman.

BEAST
09-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Beast...

Is your nickname derived like when you nickname a fat guy "Tiny"...or like when you call a fat guy "Haus"?

Impressive super. You thought of something on your own. I bet you had to PM Blue didnt you? Problem is you still had to use the leftovers of somebody elses commets to finish yours. Your getting better though. Keep it up, youll figure it out.

BEAST

Rocket
09-18-2008, 09:20 PM
At halftime, The Wood JV A team is leading Libety Hill 21-0. I am not even sure the Slop T produced more than 1 or 2 first downs. More coming soon.

BEAST

Brownwood pretty much had their way with LH. Brownwood JV ran one TD in with their own "where did they go" play. The LH secondary sucked up so bad I think our QB walked in from 35 out. Future isn't looking too bright over at LH.

BEAST
09-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Beast...

Since you asked about my nickname it was given to me in High School. I benched over 400lbs and squated close to 600. At the time I was 6'1" and weighed 220, and could run a 4.5 40 yard dash. Now I cant run that fast or lift that much now but I am still a pretty stout ole boy. Thanks for asking.

BEAST

LHexPlayer
09-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Brownwood pretty much had their way with LH. Brownwood JV ran one TD in with their own "where did they go" play. The LH secondary sucked up so bad I think our QB walked in from 35 out.

Hey Rocket is Beast your brother Ryan?

Super_R
09-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Impressive super. You thought of something on your own. I bet you had to PM Blue didnt you? Problem is you still had to use the leftovers of somebody elses commets to finish yours. Your getting better though. Keep it up, youll figure it out.

BEAST

Good come back by the way.

Well...I'm done with you for today. I'm going to relax and watch Family Guy.

By the way beast I am imagining you are a female version of Peter Griffin.

Super R

Out

Rocket
09-18-2008, 09:26 PM

Nope. I am bigger than my brother. And I ain't no BEAST. I could probably whip go blue's chicken a** though.

BEAST
09-18-2008, 09:27 PM

Now that is funny right there. Do you know Ryan? He is super huge!

BEAST

Super_R
09-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Since you asked about my nickname it was given to me in High School. I benched over 400lbs and squated close to 600. At the time I was 6'1" and weighed 220, and could run a 4.5 40 yard dash. Now I cant run that fast or lift that much now but I am still a pretty stout ole boy. Thanks for asking.

BEAST

Damn...you were a bad ass. Did you give the WNBA a shot? The comits could use a girl like you.

LHexPlayer
09-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Nope. I am bigger than my brother. And I ain't no BEAST. I could probably whip go blue's chicken a** though.

It looked like your brother was smaller than you. I thought maybe the Beast thing was like calling a big man tiny. Anyways. Don't know why I thought of that. Why the comment about Go Blue? What did I miss?

wimbo_pro
09-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Damn...you were a bad ass. Did you give the WNBA a shot? The comits could use a girl like you.

So I guess when you said "out" in your previous post, you were talking about your sexuality?

BEAST

By the way beast I am imagining you as a female

Super R

Out

Damn, now I've got a gay admirer.

BEAST

Rocket
Good come back by the way.

Well...I'm done with you for today. I'm going to relax and watch Family Guy.

By the way beast I am imagining you are a female version of Peter Griffin.

Super R

Out

That was a dud. Yeah go watch your cartoons, skippy. :rolleyes:

LHexPlayer
09-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Now that is funny right there. Do you know Ryan? He is super huge!

BEAST

No just saw his picture on brownwood lions. Since you and Rocket were close I thought maybe you were his brother. And the Beast name was some nickname from childhood like Rocket's. Keep the updates of the game coming. Thanks and you guys have a safe trip to LH tomorrow.

BEAST
09-18-2008, 09:32 PM
I will try to get the scores. Thanks for the good wishes.

BEAST

BEAST
09-18-2008, 09:35 PM
End of the 3rd and The Wood is ahead 38-8.

BEAST

wimbo_pro
09-18-2008, 09:36 PM
BEAST

Ouch.

espn1
09-18-2008, 09:37 PM

BEAST WOW!:eek: :eek: :eek:

LHexPlayer
09-18-2008, 09:37 PM

BEAST

Man that doesn't sound good at all for our JV. I think the JV was undefeated going into tonight.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Man that doesn't sound good at all for our JV. I think the JV was undefeated going into tonight.

Yeah, I think I recall LH's JV being damned near unbeatable for the last few years...am I right? Or was that 9th grade?

BEAST
09-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I think I recall LH's JV being damned near unbeatable for the last few years...am I right? Or was that 9th grade?

Well the 9th grade didnt fair to well either. Wood 29 Hill 14.

BEAST

Rocket
09-18-2008, 09:41 PM
No just saw his picture on brownwood lions. Since you and Rocket were close I thought maybe you were his brother. And the Beast name was some nickname from childhood like Rocket's. Keep the updates of the game coming. Thanks and you guys have a safe trip to LH tomorrow.

Your close, getting warmer on BEASTs ID.

Looking forward to the game. We'll see you tomorrow night.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Well the 9th grade didnt fair to well either. Wood 29 Hill 14.

BEAST
I know...i am asking about years past.

LHexPlayer
09-18-2008, 09:43 PM

JV is usually very good. I know they lost to Cuero last year. In the Cuero series the home team always won. It is odd how that worked out. Although those games were very close. Not like tonight. My hat goes off to the Freshman and JV from Brownwood.

espn1
Like I've said on a few other posts! I believe LH will drop off after this year!

BEAST
Your close, getting warmer on BEASTs ID.

Looking forward to the game. We'll see you tomorrow night.

Getting real close. In real life I am known as Hulk Hogan.:D

BEAST

Daddy D 11
09-18-2008, 09:44 PM

Our JV team, with that loss has only lost 2 games in 5 years.

BEAST
09-18-2008, 09:46 PM
JV is usually very good. I know they lost to Cuero last year. In the Cuero series the home team always won. It is odd how that worked out. Although those games were very close. Not like tonight. My hat goes off to the Freshman and JV from Brownwood.

Thanks for the props. The JV is doing very well this year despite having the best 8 players they had (other than the QB) brought up to Varsity. Brownwood is like a well stocked tank right now. We've got a ton of talent coming up.

BEAST

Rocket
Getting real close. In real life I am known as Hulk Hogan.:D

BEAST

Hulk Hogan and Rowdy Rodney Piper the dynamic duo on the 3A Downlow.

wimbo_pro

There you go...I knew there was a pretty good group floating through...i didnt know if it was still young or varsity now.

Ranger Mom
09-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the props. The JV is doing very well this year despite having the best 8 players they had (other than the QB) brought up to Varsity. Brownwood is like a well stocked tank right now. We've got a ton of talent coming up.

BEAST

Must be nice!!

I think our 8th grade team is good!:D

LHexPlayer
09-18-2008, 09:47 PM

BEAST

That's what Rocket had told me before. I think he said you guys have another stud QB coming up next year too. What was your Freshman and JV's record going into tonight?

LHexPlayer
09-18-2008, 09:48 PM
There you go...I knew there was a pretty good group floating through...i didnt know if it was still young or varsity now.

I think it's that senior class. Although a lot of them have been on varsity and starting since they were Soph.

Rocket
09-18-2008, 09:50 PM

Hmmmm...

Honestly, that JV level Slop T got blowed up tonight. It was almost laughable. I am sure tomorrow night will be more impressive. Hopefully.

Rocket
09-18-2008, 09:57 PM
That's what Rocket had told me before. I think he said you guys have another stud QB coming up next year too. What was your Freshman and JV's record going into tonight?

I believe our JV are 3-1 after tonight. We lost a close one to La Vega. Destroyed Stephenville. Like BEAST said, we have been pulling some up from JV and they are still rolling. We have a stud RB on the Freshmen team that could probably go now. ;)

pirate4state
09-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Hmmmm...

Honestly, that JV level Slop T got blowed up tonight. It was almost laughable. I am sure tomorrow night will be more impressive. Hopefully.

:( I'm a little disappointed in you. Laughing at 9th-10th graders? :speech:

Looking4number8
09-18-2008, 10:30 PM
I believe our JV are 3-1 after tonight. We lost a close one to La Vega. Destroyed Stephenville. Like BEAST said, we have been pulling some up from JV and they are still rolling. We have a stud RB on the Freshmen team that could probably go now. ;)

I had read that about the Freshman running back and did not believe it. Went to games tonight and the kid was a beast. I was very very impressed. He will make everyone forget about his brother.

Then came the JV. That running back was good too. Very happy to see we have a bright future

BEAST
09-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Not his brother, his cousin.

BEAST

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
They did forget to mention that the LH Super Team won, 22-16. :) Our freshmen played a tough game. The Bwood freshmen were pretty darn good & had quite a bit more size at most positions, including an OL/DL that's bigger than any on our Varsity!

Rocket
09-18-2008, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

It was a reference to the slot t formation and it's effectiveness. Also said almost. I made no reference to a player either.

Don't get soft on me now. Sheesh.

Rocket
09-18-2008, 11:27 PM
They did forget to mention that the LH Super Team won, 22-16. :) Our freshmen played a tough game. The Bwood freshmen were pretty darn good & had quite a bit more size at most positions, including an OL/DL that's bigger than any on our Varsity!

Crap I forgot you were going! Did you sit on the home side?

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2008, 11:33 PM
Crap I forgot you were going! Did you sit on the home side?
They wouldn't let us anywhere else. catdaddy wondered if I had seen you. :)

:eek: :eek: :eek: Is the "call" that lady did a standard Brownwood thing, or just her addition to the excitement of the game?

BwdLion_80
09-19-2008, 05:48 AM
That is just her. Kind of strange, but different!

nobogey72
09-19-2008, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
I had read that about the Freshman running back and did not believe it. Went to games tonight and the kid was a beast. I was very very impressed. He will make everyone forget about his brother.

Then came the JV. That running back was good too. Very happy to see we have a bright future

I bet coach Tindol over at Early is licking his chops over all that upcoming talent. :D

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 06:59 AM
I bet coach Tindol over at Early is licking his chops over all that upcoming talent. :D

Ouch. Low blow. :clap:

Ranger Mom
09-19-2008, 07:10 AM

:fnypost:

All out CAT
09-19-2008, 07:20 AM
12.15 hours

Sweetwater Red
09-19-2008, 07:30 AM
12.15 hours

Or 43, 740 seconds.:devil:

Looking4number8
09-19-2008, 07:45 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek: Is the "call" that lady did a standard Brownwood thing, or just her addition to the excitement of the game?

Dont know who that was, but we sat several sections away from her and I thought I she was going to drive me nuts.. She was right behind most of the LH fans.. Sorry about that, it bothered me so it must really gotten to you guys.

Looking4number8
09-19-2008, 07:46 AM
They did forget to mention that the LH Super Team won, 22-16. :)

Where were they playing last night and what is a "super team"?

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2008, 07:54 AM
Dont know who that was, but we sat several sections away from her and I thought I she was going to drive me nuts.. She was right behind most of the LH fans.. Sorry about that, it bothered me so it must really gotten to you guys.
It's okay. It was "interesting" to say the least. I'm sure she might have found my bell "interesting" as well. :D

Where were they playing last night and what is a "super team"?
They played in Brownwood before the freshman game. Here, it's kind of like "B" team, with some freshman & sophomores together.

Question: One of our JV dads (rundoe) was trying to find the stadium and said he found a different one that had Brownwood & Stephenville kids playing each other. Any idea what teams?

wimbo_pro
09-19-2008, 08:00 AM
Wait...so you have a freshman team, a JV team....and a "super team"? Does everyone have all three? I have never heard of this.

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 08:03 AM
Wait...so you have a freshman team, a JV team....and a "super team"? Does everyone have all three? I have never heard of this.

I think we just do it when we play teams that have "B" teams. Otherwise we just play Fresh, JV. Those Superteam kids play either Fresh, JV.

wimbo_pro
09-19-2008, 08:09 AM
So...the super team is the "best" of the Fresh and JV? Is it supposed to be superior to the JV?

Looking4number8
09-19-2008, 08:11 AM

Question: One of our JV dads (rundoe) was trying to find the stadium and said he found a different one that had Brownwood & Stephenville kids playing each other. Any idea what teams?

Not sure but I think the were playing at the high school. there is a practice field there with a track but no stands... cant really be called a stadium but I am positive that is where they were playing.

High School is hidden too... Our city guys really have our stadium hiddden. It can be very hard to find. I wish I had thought to give you a short cut from the highway to get there. If you drove through town, We could have saved you about 5 miles and lots of traffic.

Now I have a question for you. I have a friend that drove through Liberty Hill yesterday. She said the population of LH is 1400. How in the world are you 3A and even played D1 playoffs last year? Brownwood has 20000...

wimbo_pro
09-19-2008, 08:18 AM
Here in Wimberley, we have most of our kids coming from outside the city limits, so they wouldnt show in the census as being "from" Wimberley. I'm sure its the same in LH. By the way, we have only been an official "city" for anout 5 years or so.

All out CAT
09-19-2008, 08:22 AM
Not sure but I think the were playing at the high school. there is a practice field there with a track but no stands... cant really be called a stadium but I am positive that is where they were playing.

High School is hidden too... Our city guys really have our stadium hiddden. It can be very hard to find. I wish I had thought to give you a short cut from the highway to get there. If you drove through town, We could have saved you about 5 miles and lots of traffic.

Now I have a question for you. I have a friend that drove through Liberty Hill yesterday. She said the population of LH is 1400. How in the world are you 3A and even played D1 playoffs last year? Brownwood has 20000...

Someone may be able to answer this better than I, but we have an open enrollment right now. Liberty hill is rather small to say the least because we back up to Burnet county, Georgetown and Leander. Most of the students live within the LHISD, but there are quite a few that live within 5 to 10 miles of Liberty Hill in all directions and choose to attend Liberty Hill. Also, Liberty Hill has grown over the past 6 years like the rest of central Texas and many new homes and sub divisions off of RR, FM, and county roads.

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 08:23 AM
Here in Wimberley, we have most of our kids coming from outside the city limits, so they wouldnt show in the census as being "from" Wimberley. I'm sure its the same in LH. By the way, we have only been an official "city" for anout 5 years or so.

Correct. Liberty Hill's city limits is very small. Most of the kids come from the surounding area. Our school district is much larger than the city itself. Most people out here don't like in a standard subdivision. They live on acrerage or subdivision that have small tracts of land on them. We have only been a City since 97 or 98. We are not your standard old time city like you see in many 3a schools. We are more of a community of people living in a general area around a school.

All out CAT
09-19-2008, 08:27 AM

I believe that is our case also. From what I remember our city limits are about 10 miles long along 29 and about 3/4 mile wide either side of it. From the Cemetery on the West side of town to the top of the hill past Margarita's on the East side.

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2008, 08:28 AM
So...the super team is the "best" of the Fresh and JV? Is it supposed to be superior to the JV?
It's like a combined B team, of freshmen & sophomores.

firstcat
09-19-2008, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by marlin fan
Just for u firstcat i will ware the shirt and let the whole world see my big big big stomach

:inlove: :inlove:

All out CAT
09-19-2008, 08:34 AM
:inlove: :inlove:

good morning, 11.95 hours until kickoff

Looking4number8
09-19-2008, 08:39 AM

:tongue: ...now be nice....lol

Looking4number8
09-19-2008, 08:40 AM
I know this has been posted somewhere, but how many does the visitor side seat at LH. I am good with standing, just curious about the numbers.

LH_Tuff
09-19-2008, 08:42 AM
I know this has been posted somewhere, but how many does the visitor side seat at LH. I am good with standing, just curious about the numbers.

It will seat as many lawn chairs that you can bring. :D Seriously, I think it is around 800. They also added a few bleachers on the track. But this is probably for the band.

firstcat
09-19-2008, 08:43 AM
I believe that is our case also. From what I remember our city limits are about 10 miles long along 29 and about 3/4 mile wide either side of it. From the Cemetery on the West side of town to the top of the hill past Margarita's on the East side.

It goes way further east than that, unless they've shrunk it.

Looking4number8
09-19-2008, 08:44 AM
thanks

firstcat
09-19-2008, 08:44 AM
good morning, 11.95 hours until kickoff

8 hrs and 45 mins until I'm there!

Rocket
09-19-2008, 08:55 AM
LHPM - we should have met up. BEAST and I were there. Crap.

I know Bwdlion_80 was there. Ha ha

wimbo_pro
09-19-2008, 09:18 AM
It's like a combined B team, of freshmen & sophomores.

So in order of "hierarchy", it's Super Team, Freshman, JV then Varsity?

Rocket
09-19-2008, 09:34 AM
So in order of "hierarchy", it's Super Team, Freshman, JV then Varsity?

Yep... Sounds like the weaker players of freshmen and soph make up the "Super" team. That is a good way to get all players involved. How often do you play B Teams?

Daddy D 11
09-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Yep... Sounds like the weaker players of freshmen and soph make up the "Super" team. That is a good way to get all players involved. How often do you play B Teams?
Last year i think they had like 5 games tops.

Sounds like Brownwood has some good defensive schemes on how to stop the Slot T, it will be interesting to see how it works out at the varsity level. What yall's defensive line like?:devil:

BwdLions
09-19-2008, 10:43 AM
and that, is what I love about High School Football!

If Brownwood plays a mistake-free game...they may make it competitive.
If Liberty Hill plays a mistake-free game...it won't even be close. My opinion.

I can't wait...this week has been dragging!

What a crock this post is. I know you guys are good and have had two great seasons, but come on. Did you really have a straight face when you typed this? It made me laugh when I read it.

wimbo_pro
09-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Keep in mind she said it was her "opinion". I tend to agree, a mistake-free game by LH will beat ANY 3A team at this point, in my opinion... and beat most of them by a wide margin.

Mistakes not only include turnovers, but missed blocking assignments and defensive coverages as well.

I think it's 100% true that BW will have to play a top-notch game to win this one, based solely on stats and what I have learned on this board. I have never personally seen them play, so take that for what its worth. It's just an opinion!

I predict a LH win by at least 3 TD's.

Lion_Addict
09-19-2008, 11:27 AM
It's been emphasized, but let me once again re-emphasize.....BE EARLY! :eek: :eek: Pics from last evening.
8 hours & counting!!!!

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr181/txfella/stands2.jpg

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr181/txfella/stands1.jpg

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
It's been emphasized, but let me once again re-emphasize.....BE EARLY! :eek: :eek: Pics from last evening.
8 hours & counting!!!!

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr181/txfella/stands2.jpg

If you don't bring any more fans than that, 7:29 should be soon enough. :D :devil: I told you it's a "cozy" stadium. ;)

Lion_Addict
09-19-2008, 11:32 AM
If you don't bring any more fans than that, 7:29 should be soon enough. :D :devil: I told you it's a "cozy" stadium. ;)

Very cozy, LOL! This was when we had just gotten there.....7th grade "B" game. Gonna be interesting. :)

Panther Dad X 2
09-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Good Luck to both sides tonight!!! After watching the films of the Burnet and La Vega games. If this is all they have Bwood is in for a loooong night!!!!!!!

Rocket
09-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Panther Dad X 2
Good Luck to both sides tonight!!! After watching the films of the Burnet and La Vega games. If this is all they have Bwood is in for a loooong night!!!!!!!

Yep, that's all we got. :rolleyes:
I love it. Be humble or be humbled.

Brownwood by 14.

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm starting to get a little excited about tonight. I might have to find Rocket and tackle the crap out of him right before kick off.:devil:

Rocket
09-19-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm starting to get a little excited about tonight. I might have to find Rocket and tackle the crap out of him right before kick off.:devil:

I got too many moves and way too fast. You can try though. Oh wait, that's on Madden. Nm. No, I can still move. #1 receiver on my flag football team. Bring it!:mad:

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 11:59 AM
I got too many moves and way too fast. You can try though. Oh wait, that's on Madden. Nm. No, I can still move. #1 receiver on my flag football team. Bring it!:mad:

Just watch your back old man. I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!:devil:

Rocket
09-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Just watch your back old man. I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!:devil:

That's ok because I have spider sense. I'll smell you coming a mile away. You wear Stetson or Old Spice?

hollywood
09-19-2008, 12:20 PM
:clap: That was funny right there! I'm still laughing... Rocket, I'll call you when we get to the game. Can't wait to see the faces of these folks when we unleash the Lions tonight. The anticipation is killing me...

firstcat
09-19-2008, 12:24 PM
What a crock this post is. I know you guys are good and have had two great seasons, but come on. Did you really have a straight face when you typed this? It made me laugh when I read it.

If I can bring a smile to your face, then it is worth it...enjoy it, in about 7 hours, I'm thinking you won't feel much like smiling....

With that said, travel safely Lion Fans and here's to an injury free game!!!

Panthers 42
Lions 21 (I'm feeling generous)

firstcat
09-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Keep in mind she said it was her "opinion". I tend to agree, a mistake-free game by LH will beat ANY 3A team at this point, in my opinion... and beat most of them by a wide margin.

Mistakes not only include turnovers, but missed blocking assignments and defensive coverages as well.

I think it's 100% true that BW will have to play a top-notch game to win this one, based solely on stats and what I have learned on this board. I have never personally seen them play, so take that for what its worth. It's just an opinion!

I predict a LH win by at least 3 TD's.

:iagree:

firstcat
09-19-2008, 12:27 PM

Brownwood by 14.

TO bow, or not to bow....that is the question...

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 12:27 PM

This is not the first time someone has told me that. I wonder what is on that film.

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 12:29 PM
TO bow, or not to bow....that is the question...

It will sure look like they are bowing, because they will be sucking wind all night long. Bent over in the losers stance. As we bring it all night long.

firstcat
09-19-2008, 12:29 PM
This is not the first time someone has told me that. I wonder what is on that film.

It wasn't pretty.;)

firstcat
09-19-2008, 12:31 PM
HaHa LHEX----

:clap: :D :D :clap: :cheerl: :taunt: :ditto: :fnypost: :iagree:
...enough said!

hollywood
09-19-2008, 12:33 PM
This is not the first time someone has told me that. I wonder what is on that film. Oh, just a bunch of nothing, just some football team that's playing tonight somewhere around Austin. They are not very good though, so get your hopes up. I think the team they are playing is supposed to be pretty good, but I'm not sure.:rolleyes:

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Oh, just a bunch of nothing, just some football team that's playing tonight somewhere around Austin. They are not very good though, so get your hopes up. I think the team they are playing is supposed to be pretty good, but I'm not sure.:rolleyes:

Yeah heard it was a tape of a has been team from west texas that hasn't done much in over 30 years. Heard they like to live in the past too.

DaHop72
09-19-2008, 12:43 PM
I think this game will be decided on the success or failure of Brownwood to do this and Liberty Hill's ability to stop it.
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/465593917.jpg

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 12:45 PM
http://www.dack.com/images/weblog/mike-sherman-sleeping.jpg

This was a picture of Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman scouting Casey Pachall. What does that tell you about their offense?

DaHop72
09-19-2008, 12:47 PM

This was a picture of Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman scouting Casey Pachall. What does that tell you about their offense? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :doh:

BobcatBenny
09-19-2008, 12:47 PM
OK, I hope LHPM remembers to bring the wet wipes and pull ups for you LH fans. I think this is another close one and there will be some cleaning and scrubbing of the underwear after this one! :eek:

Which ever way this game goes, it will be a great game that sets up both teams for a strong regular season showing. ;)

BEAST
09-19-2008, 12:51 PM

This was a picture of Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman scouting Casey Pachall. What does that tell you about their offense?

Tells me he is skipping college and going straight to the NFL. Read the screen idiot.

BEAST

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Tells me he is skipping college and going straight to the NFL. Read the screen idiot.

BEAST

Idiot? Nice one Beast. Did you think of that all by yourself or did you sister Rocket help you out? Make sure you get there nice and early. You can sit on the track and get a good look at what a state champion looks like.

firstcat
09-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Is the scout sleeping in that picture? I can't tell...

On a serious note, if Casey is considering going to A&M, I like him already!...well, I will after tonight ;)

garciap77
09-19-2008, 12:55 PM

BEAST

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

BEAST
09-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Is Coach Sherman sleeping in that picture? I can't tell...

On a serious note, if Casey is considering going to A&M, I like him already!...well, I will after tonight ;)

Solid to TCU.

BEAST

BEAST
09-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Idiot? Nice one Beast. Did you think of that all by yourself or did you sister Rocket help you out? Make sure you get there nice and early. You can sit on the track and get a good look at what a state champion looks like.

Its bad when your own jab winds up hitting you in the face.

BEAST

Lion_Addict
09-19-2008, 12:57 PM

Oh dude......you have no idea :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: , but much luck to your defense on stopping him......NOT! :devil:

firstcat
09-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Solid to TCU.

BEAST

Well that's a good one too!

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Its bad when your own jab winds up hitting you in the face.

BEAST

Ok you got me. It wasn't true. Didn't realize I was trying to out wit Sherlock Holmes over there. Your attention to detail is frightening.

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Oh dude......you have no idea :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: , but much luck to your defense on stopping him......NOT! :devil:

Hey thong boy, shouldn't you be shaving for the big pole dance tonight.:D

firstcat
09-19-2008, 01:00 PM

Are those little purple people laughing in your post???? I thought so...

firstcat
09-19-2008, 01:01 PM
Liberty Hill Panthers.....

Runnin' up the Purple!!!!!

wimbo_pro
09-19-2008, 01:02 PM
Hey thong boy, shouldn't you be shaving for the big pole dance tonight.:D

Now THIS is what you call smack talk!!!!

Lion_Addict
09-19-2008, 01:03 PM
You can sit on the track and get a good look at what a state champion looks like.

Thanks but we've seen what one looks like...... ummmmm, 7 times I believe :thinking: :p . And :hand: to all the comments of "what have you done lately" that I'm expecting...... We know what a "State Champion" looks like is the point!

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Good news West Texas.

Because of the game tonight. There will be enough tears in Brownwood to cure that West Texas drought. Who needs rain when you got Brownwood playing football! :weeping: :weeping:

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks but we've seen what one looks like...... ummmmm, 7 times I believe :thinking: :p . And :hand: to all the comments of "what have you done lately" that I'm expecting...... We know what a "State Champion" looks like is the point!

The point should be, does anyone in Brownwood remember what a state champion looks like.

garciap77
09-19-2008, 01:06 PM
Good Luck Brownwood! Drive safe!

Brownwood 28
LH 21

:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

wimbo_pro
09-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Good Luck Brownwood! Drive safe!

Brownwood 28
LH 21

:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Garcia is hitting the tequila again.

LHexPlayer

No he just stopped by for one last sniff of that Brownwood jockstrap. :D

garciap77
Good news West Texas.

Because of the game tonight. There will be enough tears in Brownwood to cure that West Texas drought. Who needs rain when you got Brownwood playing football! :weeping: :weeping:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9886/cazwateveroo1.gifhttp://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9886/cazwateveroo1.gifhttp://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9886/cazwateveroo1.gif

firstcat
09-19-2008, 01:08 PM
ANOTHER LATE BREAKING BULLETIN....

This just in from the "POLE" at LHHS FIGHTING PANTHER STADIUM...

Inside source reports emailed request from an unnamed Brownwood Fan to, and I quote, "please ensure that your flagpole is regulation, as I am not accustomed to sliding and twirling on anything other than a regulation pole. Larger is much to fat for my little hands and any smaller isn't worthy my efforts"...no response as to whether LHHS Administration will comply with the request....

garciap77
09-19-2008, 01:09 PM

Hello Wimbo_panther!

Ready to change your name to Wimbo_Lion!

firstcat
09-19-2008, 01:11 PM
ANOTHER LATE BREAKING BULLETIN....

This just in from the "POLE" at LHHS FIGHTING PANTHER STADIUM...

Inside source reports emailed request from an unnamed Brownwood Fan to, and I quote, "please ensure that your flagpole is regulation, as I am not accustomed to sliding and twirling on anything other than a regulation pole. Larger is much to fat for my little hands and any smaller isn't worthy my efforts"...no response as to whether LHHS Administration will comply with the request....

I swear, that came from my evil cohort!!!!! back to the ballgame....

Panther Dad X 2
Heres a pol for you!!! How many sacks can the Panthers get in one game????

wimbo_pro
If BW wins, I will ask the moderators to change my name to Wimbo_Lions...no problem.

I will also eat my prediction too, and apologize to BW fans for greatly underestimating them.

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 01:12 PM
If BW wins, I will ask the moderators to change my name to Wimbo_Lions...no problem.

I will also eat my prediction too, and apologize to BW fans for greatly underestimating them. :doh:

wimbo_pro
09-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Come on LhEx...ANYTHING is possible in 3A football!!!

LHexPlayer

10 sacks. 5 more than Rocket and Beast's combined IQ.:confused:

garciap77
No he just stopped by for one last sniff of that Brownwood jockstrap. :D

You will be doing plenty of that tonight!:D

Lion_Addict
Alright.....nice job :thumbsup: . Gotta get it in gear to hit the road by 3:00. See yawl at "the POLE". :D

Bullaholic
As the auctionneer says when he hears no more bids----

"Going once.....going twice......."

Great thread---tremendous volume of views and responses running the spectrum from cordial to angry, from brilliant to idiotic, and from homer to hater. I enjoyed em' all.

Talking is nearly all done----"Let's get ready to rummmmmmmmble....." and I am really looking forward to keeping up with the progress tonight of this game between these two great schools and programs. Best of luck to both teams for a clean, hard fought, injury free contest and I wish safe journeys for all of their fans.

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Alright.....nice job :thumbsup: . Gotta get it in gear to hit the road by 3:00. See yawl at "the POLE". :D
Drive careful dude see you tonight.

wimbo_pro
09-19-2008, 01:15 PM
I will probably listen to it on the net...if i can put up with the screaming announcers and that damned bell.

firstcat
09-19-2008, 01:15 PM

Well, let's see...I'd say Big-T is down for one, Kinfolk is down for another, and I am thinking that Greer will be good for one...so, I'm saying 3!

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
You will be doing plenty of that tonight!:D

So Brownwood does smell that bad from the stands. I had heard you could smell the loser on them. Just didn't believe it. HUH

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Well, let's see...I'd say Big-T is down for one, Kinfolk is down for another, and I am thinking that Greer will be good for one...so, I'm saying 3!

That's it. Come on. I thought you were the firstcat. I guess I was wrong. :thinking:

firstcat
09-19-2008, 01:17 PM
SEE YA'LL SOON...BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH FOR ME!!!!!

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 01:20 PM
http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized/lion.jpg

Lions of my. So scary.:eek:

firstcat
09-19-2008, 01:20 PM
That's it. Come on. I thought you were the firstcat. I guess I was wrong. :thinking:

WHAT???? Hey, I saw my own make six sacks in one game once (poor Hutto QB!), and that was unbelievable...so I think three is a good estimate.

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 01:22 PM
WHAT???? Hey, I saw my own make six sacks in one game once (poor Hutto QB!), and that was unbelievable...so I think three is a good estimate.

Ok who abducted firstcat. Please return her for tonight. Thank you..:D

DaHop72
09-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Well, let's see...I'd say Big-T is down for one, Kinfolk is down for another, and I am thinking that Greer will be good for one...so, I'm saying 3! If there is only three, there better be a bunch of hurries.

firstcat
09-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
If there is only three, there better be a bunch of hurries.

My guess is he'll spend more time trying to keep his arm warm than he will on the field.

firstcat
09-19-2008, 01:27 PM

School record, I'm told was seven...But I don't know who holds it...(varsity records, that is)

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 01:29 PM
School record, I'm told was seven...But I don't know who holds it...(varsity records, that is)

I wonder who would have that. Do they keep records from all times?

Rocket
09-19-2008, 01:32 PM

We abducted her, but after 2 hours of rambling and ranting nonsense, we were more than happy to return her. :rolleyes:

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 01:33 PM
We abducted her, but after 2 hours of rambling and ranting nonsense, we were more than happy to return her. :rolleyes:

Nice one. Sorry firstcat.:clap:

Rocket
09-19-2008, 01:34 PM

All 10 years? LOL
Wow, what an accomplishment. Your last 2 teams should hold all the records. The greatest team in Texas High School History. :rolleyes:

Give me a break...

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 01:35 PM
All 10 years? LOL
Wow, what an accomplishment. Your last 2 teams should hold all the records. The greatest team in Texas High School History. :rolleyes:

Give me a break...

Adios Rocket got to get ready. Drive safe brother. See you there.

Panther Dad X 2
09-19-2008, 01:35 PM

Brownwood by 14.

What's that old song? Oh its "Hard To be Humble" When your perfect in every way. At least these boys are for the year. I also think Kid Rock said "It ain't Cocky if you back it up"

Sorry slow on the replies. Work got in the way.

firstcat
09-19-2008, 01:38 PM

I'm not sure, but somebody must keep them, because a couple years ago, I know Shrock was in the running for my little brother's interception record...came within one, I believe (regular season interceptions or something, not sure of the title)...but they mentioned it to us, so the records must be somewhere for them to know about it because that was set back in '92 I believe.

firstcat
09-19-2008, 01:39 PM
All 10 years? LOL

Give me a break...

Just because we didn't have state titles won back then doesn't mean that some awesome athletes didn't come through...the last two teams don't hold all the records.

firstcat
09-19-2008, 01:40 PM

Ha ha ha!.....SHUT UP!;)

firstcat
09-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Nice one. Sorry firstcat.:clap:

what a traitor!:bigcry:

Rocket
09-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Adios Rocket got to get ready. Drive safe brother. See you there.

Hasta la pasta. See you tonight.

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm not sure, but somebody must keep them, because a couple years ago, I know Shrock was in the running for my little brother's interception record...came within one, I believe (regular season interceptions or something, not sure of the title)...but they mentioned it to us, so the records must be somewhere for them to know about it because that was set back in '92 I believe.

Your brother? Do you mean your cousin. Brian had that record, right?

BwdLions
09-19-2008, 01:54 PM

This post makes me wonder. You guys can't keep up with who's in your own family and who you're related to? Sounds like a little too much inbreeding going on in Liberty Hill.

firstcat
09-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Hasta la pasta. See you tonight.

Looking forward to meeting you! It's been fun!

firstcat
09-19-2008, 01:59 PM

No, it was little bro's...

firstcat
09-19-2008, 02:01 PM
This post makes me wonder. You guys can't keep up with who's in your own family and who you're related to? Sounds like a little too much inbreeding going on in Liberty Hill.

we can all keep up with who...but the records, rings and trophies get all mixed up...:smoker:

LHexPlayer
09-19-2008, 02:01 PM
we can all keep up with who...but the records, rings and trophies get all mixed up...:smoker:

Good one. See you guys tonight.

Necks_Fan
09-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Sorry if I missed it, because I didn't read the thread, but is this game tonight? The 19th?

And I don't even remember who txt's me from Bwd Games, but will you be doing that again? Thanks.

firstcat
09-19-2008, 02:02 PM
LHEX...just how long HAVE you been around????

All out CAT
09-19-2008, 02:04 PM

Now that's funny right there, Firstcat. But then again everytime I turn around I'm one of you too. Hell, I just moved here five years ago. I guess you must have some good looking brothers and cousins.

firstcat
09-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Now that's funny right there, Firstcat. But then again everytime I turn around I'm one of you too. Hell, I just moved here five years ago. I guess you must have some good looking brothers and cousins.

They always thought so! You are one of us, just face it! Lucky boy...

;) :inlove: :kiss:

wimbo_pro
09-19-2008, 02:13 PM
When did you graduate, FirstCat?

firstcat
09-19-2008, 02:17 PM
When did you graduate, FirstCat?

'86...back in the 1900's...

No need for wisecracks, All-Out, because I know your fingers were already poised on the buttons!!!

BwdLions
09-19-2008, 02:21 PM

It must be hard to keep up with two years worth of trophies. :D

Panther Dad X 2
09-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Is there any type of meet and greet tonight. I would like to meet all of you guys and gals. Put a face with names you know. :thinking:

Bullaholic
09-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Is there any type of meet and greet tonight. I would like to meet all of you guys and gals. Put a face with names you know. :thinking:

Try this:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86432

firstcat
09-19-2008, 03:33 PM
:1omg!: :1omg!: :1omg!:

This day is NEVER going to end!!!

All out CAT
09-19-2008, 03:47 PM
:1omg!: :1omg!: :1omg!:

This day is NEVER going to end!!!

I hear you sister!

Looking4number8
09-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Hey guys and gals from Liberty Hill. I dont know if you have a radio station that does a game broadcast but our radio station does an in game transmisson. It is low frequency and usualy around 95.1 or something. It will be a Brownwood homer broadcast but our guy (Dallas Huston) has been doing the games since 1963 (I think) Take your portable radio and listen in if you want too. At the least you will get updated stats and goodies like that....

Leaving for Liberty Hill with my lawn chair and cow bells... See you at the pole....

waterboy
09-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Liberty Hill will win this one by 3 TDs.:1popcorn:

Could be even more if they don't fumble more than twice.