PDA

View Full Version : Navasota Rattlers vs. Liberty Hill Panthers

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

themsu97
11-27-2007, 02:42 PM
you guys are finally getting it... Navasota is from the all powerful 23-3A...

they are unbeatable... you just have to say what they want you to say... does not matter that LH is the defending 3A champ and are "rolling" again...
what matters is that LH has a sub par 500 record overall...
if Navasota were 5A and taking on SLC, there is no way that SLC has ever seen a team like Navasota and it would be absurd for anyone to be picking SLC...

Runnin Panther
11-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
Well then the Rattlers might as well take a knee every down. No since getting anyone else involved if LH is that good.:eek: :eek:

Maybe the Rattlers will not even make the trip. After all they've had a good year already.

Crown LH champs. :clap: :clap: and be done with it.

Our little boys have no chance against the mighty LH Panthers.:rolleyes:

You know the Giddings folks said ya'll were slow learners. But again it's only Tuesday and ya'll have already caught on.

firstcat
11-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
As far as Fitzhenry is concerned, I don’t think he has the body to play at UT. I have seen both plays that Fitzhenry went out on, this year and last and if his body can’t endure more than that then he won’t last 2 games at UT. If he proves me wrong I will definitely give him his due.

But then again, they did let Colt "Can't take a Jolt" McCoy play...maybe there's hope for him after all.

Panther One
11-27-2007, 02:51 PM
In defense of Rockdale, I do believe they could have beaten Needville.

firstcat
Originally posted by buff4life
thanks man, same to yall...

not whining, but i do wish we had everybody this year for WOS, both Dock and Brock were banged up...Locke did a great job.

The class of '08 has no one to thank but the Ock's for their success in sports...

wasn't that a hip-hop song....."Dock, Brock and Locke it..."
sounds familiar!

Runnin Panther
Originally posted by firstcat
But then again, they did let Colt "Can't take a Jolt" McCoy play...maybe there's hope for him after all.

There you are first cat. Now you know that was a low blow:hand:

UPanIN
11-27-2007, 02:56 PM
The seven teams that might have to face LH have all taken a knee.

Now we'll never know if the Panthers are as good as their fans say they are. What a shame 3A HS football has come to this.

UIL says that LH will have to split into 4 teams and go 6 man like Bellville.:p

Runnin Panther
11-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
The seven teams that might have to face LH have all taken a knee.

Now we'll never know if the Panthers are as good as their fans say they are. What a shame 3A HS football has come to this.

UIL says that LH will have to split into 4 teams and go 6 man like Bellville.:p

I'm not suppose to lol at work. Thanks alot now all the other cubes are lookin at me.

firstcat
11-27-2007, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WOS87
[B]Better watch out what you ask for, you may not like it when you get it....
[QUOTE]

I think this year's LH Juniors are something like 46-1 (not including playoff games) since the 7th grade. Include playoff games, that brings it to something like 59-2...pretty impressive!

Runnin Panther
11-27-2007, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WOS87
[B]Better watch out what you ask for, you may not like it when you get it....
[QUOTE]

I think this year's LH Juniors are something like 46-1 (not including playoff games) since the 7th grade. Include playoff games, that brings it to something like 59-2...pretty impressive!

Yes the junior class is very strong. Winning is definitely in their blood.

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2007, 03:34 PM
46-1-1 for the ones on JV last year - there was that tie with Burnet in 8th grade. The ones on Varsity last year had 2 regular season losses.

firstcat
11-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
I remember when we had 13/15 kids on the football team, and half of those played in the 8 man band at half time. So no there's not a long history of winning here untill the last few years when our town grew and Coach vance unstilled the "winning" into our fottball team. Since then a lot has changed. Including the fact that we play to win.

When I moved here basketball ruled.

The High school kids went to Georgetown when we didn't have a high school. I think.

In the mid 80's (graduating class of 1985 to be exact), LH had a really good football team, but they got beat out at Regionals that year (AREA CHAMPS). Then the mojo changed over to the basketball team (an AWESOME run under Coaches Segler and then Coach Henderson, I might add!). Then it slowly made the transition back to football.

And as for the school shutting down...for the most part, the kids went to Florence and Leander...I been around a long time too...they don't call me FIRSTcat for nothing!

firstcat
11-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by clemsmarina
Yellow.

Just watch for all the streamers, and you'll see our colors all night long!!!

That's purple and Gold...not yellow.

Panther One
11-27-2007, 03:56 PM
They say our colors are purple and gold, but everything I see looks yellow to me...

...except the rings...those are gold!

firstcat
11-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
46-1-1 for the ones on JV last year - there was that tie with Burnet in 8th grade. The ones on Varsity last year had 2 regular season losses.

aaahhh yesss...the dreaded tie....like kissing their sisters....AWESOME GROUP OF BOYS! I think the class above and those below aren't too far different in their records...I guess that could be considered a dynasty...or maybe the makings of one????

clemsmarina
11-27-2007, 04:21 PM

Yeah, I know it's officially Purple and Gold, but the gold is not like the Golden Domer gold....it's yellow.

I still can't understand why so much black is showing up in everything!!! Why sell black shirts? The color is PURPLE!!!

Hill Man
11-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I know it's officially Purple and Gold, but the gold is not like the Golden Domer gold....it's yellow.

I still can't understand why so much black is showing up in everything!!! Why sell black shirts? The color is PURPLE!!!

When Vance came in he started to ad some black. My son back then said the coach thought black added a little more toughness to the image since when he came in the record and confidence level by the kids was down.
I like it as an enhancement but your right.. you need to stick with the school colors...

buff4life
11-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
my question is, would Navasota being saying the same thing if they were playing someone like, Westlake, or La Marque, or Denton Ryan...
Liberty Hill in the last few years is in the same category as those schools...
again, they have all been beaten and can be beat... but they have to understand that this is where the majority of the posters are coming from

we already discussed that LH isn't a proven dynasty yet...they have had good years, but not quite to that status yet

pirate4state
11-27-2007, 04:45 PM

Because purple & yellow show up really well on a black shirt! :)

buff4life
11-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
darius nesby- 4A Burnet
quincy wittington- Cuero
#7 - Cuero
harley west- wimberley
#24- Carthage.

burnet had negative rushing yards, Cuero had a few long runs (but could never touch the field bc we had the ball the whole time), Wimberley had 6 rushing yards. Carthage had maybe 2 good runs, probably did not sniff a hundred on the ground.

on the year, we are averaging 4.27 YPC :devil:

yes its all numbers, but you will look at our undersized defense in warm ups and chuckle, but by games end you will be scratching your head

Dexter Pratt is bigger and faster than them I PROMISE

buff4life
11-27-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
So who is right LHPMom or D11

Who cares those are stats from the PREVIOUS opponents, not the one they're about to play...

buff4life
11-27-2007, 04:52 PM

they are unbeatable... you just have to say what they want you to say... does not matter that LH is the defending 3A champ and are "rolling" again...
if Navasota were 5A and taking on SLC, there is no way that SLC has ever seen a team like Navasota and it would be absurd for anyone to be picking SLC...

NO ONE HAS SAID THAT...seems like your on the sideline when we're all on the field in this conversation...

Panther One
11-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Cuero has two RBs that are faster than Pratt. One of them is Stefon Hargrove who at 6’2 226, is one of the state's fastest sprinters. He's finished 2nd and 5th the past two years at state in the 100 meters. The other is Quincy Whittington, whose not only fast, but extremely quick.

pirate4state
11-27-2007, 05:04 PM
NO ONE HAS SAID THAT... Okay, seeing this reminded me of Gundy "THAT'S NOT TRUE!" :D

buff4life
11-27-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Cuero has two RBs that are faster than Pratt. One of them is Stefon Hargrove who at 6’2 226, is one of the state's fastest sprinters. He's finished 2nd and 5th the past two years at state in the 100 meters. The other is Quincy Whittington, whose not only fast, but extremely quick.

But they haven't seen a combination of both as good as Pratt yet...

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Who cares those are stats from the PREVIOUS opponents, not the one they're about to play...
Somebody over on page 3 or 4 said something about our run defense, so I guess one person did care. :p

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 05:08 PM
But they haven't seen a combination of both as good as Pratt yet... but but but whatever

TexanFan4Life
11-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Vertical speed isn't as important as most people think when it comes to a RB. I'd take Pratt over Cuero's RBs any day.

pirate4state
11-27-2007, 05:10 PM
But they haven't seen a combination of both as good as Pratt yet... and the editor that printed it is garbage

:crazy1:

buff4life
11-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
and the editor that printed it is garbage

:crazy1:

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sauer/angry-smiley-055.gif

Old Tiger
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Vertical speed isn't as important as most people think when it comes to a RB. I'd take Pratt over Cuero's RBs any day. I'd take Celina's RB's over Pratt. Whaley over Pratt. Parr Brothers over Pratt. Cuero's RB's over Pratt. Jermie Calhoun over Pratt. Justin Johnson over Pratt.

buff4life
Originally posted by Go Blue
but but but whatever

but but but I still OWN you

pirate4state
11-27-2007, 05:14 PM
I'd take Celina's RB's over Pratt. Whaley over Pratt. Parr Brothers over Pratt. Cuero's RB's over Pratt. Jermie Calhoun over Pratt. Justin Johnson over Pratt. How many of these RBs have you actually seen play??

I've only seen the Cuero guys & Johnson. Friday I'll see the Parr brothers.

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 05:15 PM
How many of these RBs have you actually seen play??

I've only seen the Cuero guys & Johnson. Friday I'll see the Parr brothers. Ya caught me!

I've seen the Celina RB's and Whaley.

pirate4state
11-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Ya caught me!

I've seen the Celina RB's and Whaley.

Did neither of the Celina RBs graduate??? :eek: Damn, I can't remember his number #21/22/23???

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Did neither of the Celina RBs graduate??? :eek: Damn, I can't remember his number #21/22/23??? I think two of them were soph. and one was a junior

striker
11-27-2007, 05:21 PM
What colleges are looking at Pratt?

Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Mississippi State, Notre Dame...to name a few. In a conversation with Fedora he mentioned he has talked to Mack Brown and Charlie Wies just this past week.

pirate4state
11-27-2007, 05:22 PM
I think two of them were soph. and one was a junior holy crap! then i've seen them too :p

back to our regularly scheduled program!

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 05:22 PM
holy crap! then i've seen them too :p

back to our regularly scheduled program! Yes at the state game and they were damn impressive.

Panther One
11-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Vertical speed isn't as important as most people think when it comes to a RB. I'd take Pratt over Cuero's RBs any day.
Most people would. Just pointing out that as far as speed is concerned, we've faced backs with speed. Guys like Whittington, at 5'9 165, typically give our defense more fits than bigger runningbacks. Back when Cuero had Olguin and Cooper, it was Olguin who did the most damage. This year it was Whittington. I guarantee you he's faster and quicker than Pratt. He's the most electric player we've faced this year.

TexanFan4Life
11-27-2007, 05:26 PM
I'd put Pratt as the #3 3A RB in the state, behind Johnson and Whaley. Navasota sometimes thinks they're the Oakland Raiders though, and forgets that they have a big-time RB in the backfield.

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 05:27 PM
1. Jermie Calhoun
2. Chris Whaley
3. Justin Johnson
4. Dexter Pratt
5. Doug Allman

TexanFan4Life
11-27-2007, 05:31 PM
1. Jermie Calhoun
2. Chris Whaley
3. Justin Johnson
4. Dexter Pratt
5. Doug Allman

I thought Calhoun was 2A. Curtis Carter would get my Honorable Mention vote.

Panther One
11-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Are we ranking guys based on how they project to college, or by what they do in high school?

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 05:37 PM
both

Daddy D 11
11-27-2007, 05:44 PM
LHPM was correct on the 2.6 YPC, im sorry.

and whoever said something about how i should feel dumb for LHs overall record, i really dont care. if you think its necessary to take jabs at my sig then go all out buddy..

in 3 days are overall record against navasota will be 1-0 :D

and then you can feel dumb hitting the basketball courts :)

Daddy D 11
11-27-2007, 05:48 PM

considering people asked for them :thinking:

but you know im not one to throw out stats buff4life, im not pulling a billyfred0000 :)

buff4life
11-27-2007, 05:49 PM
considering people asked for them :thinking:

but you know im not one to throw out stats buff4life, im not pulling a billyfred0000 :)

I feel ya...

My opinion is that stats just make you feel good don't prove anything for the future...

Daddy D 11
11-27-2007, 05:52 PM
couldnt agree more.

oh and to make everyone happy, Pratt is very good :D :clap:

but my gut tells me our D is better :devil:

navscanmaster
11-27-2007, 06:26 PM
LHPM was correct on the 2.6 YPC, im sorry.

and whoever said something about how i should feel dumb for LHs overall record, i really dont care. if you think its necessary to take jabs at my sig then go all out buddy..

in 3 days are overall record against navasota will be 1-0 :D

and then you can feel dumb hitting the basketball courts :)

I don't think anybody in Navasota will feel dumb hitting the basketball court if they bow out Friday night. Number one, they have made it to the third round of the playoffs after consecutive 3-7 seasons. Number two, they will undoubtedly be making a strong run to the state tournament with a VERY good shot at the title this year, and next year too. Most of them are juniors and sophomores. They will be back next year regardless of how Friday plays out. As far as Pratt is concerned, there are certain intangibles that a great RB has, burner-speed and super-size be damned. And still that 6'2" 220 4.45 is nothing to PSSHHH at.

If your kid was playing for Navasota you would be defending his team as well. Nobody here is saying that Navasota will come in and win because they are better. They are just confident in their team and like I, think it is a load of crap that some of the posters on here can say two teams in the Regional Championship are so different that one doesn't even belong on the field as the other.

Liberty Hill's chances of winning this game are probably 98%. But no team is unbeatable. Act like the LH players and coaches are and take the other team seriously. You'll feel much better about yourself and your team when you know that they earned their place and don't just blow off every team but your own as worthless.

Daddy D 11
11-27-2007, 06:31 PM
i actually have a sinus infection right now so maybe i would feel better?

but my posts have been respectful towards navasotaians, granted there has been a couple.

but that post was SOLELY in response to one of your fans saying i should feel dumb for posting my teams overall record, yes we all know it is not anywhere near fantastic, but like you back the snakes i back the cats and that isnt going to change.

i thhink if i called you dumb right now you would post something a little outta your norm too dont ya think?

clemsmarina
11-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I don't think anybody in Navasota will feel dumb hitting the basketball court if they bow out Friday night. Number one, they have made it to the third round of the playoffs after consecutive 3-7 seasons. Number two, they will undoubtedly be making a strong run to the state tournament with a VERY good shot at the title this year, and next year too. Most of them are juniors and sophomores. They will be back next year regardless of how Friday plays out. As far as Pratt is concerned, there are certain intangibles that a great RB has, burner-speed and super-size be damned. And still that 6'2" 220 4.45 is nothing to PSSHHH at.

If your kid was playing for Navasota you would be defending his team as well. Nobody here is saying that Navasota will come in and win because they are better. They are just confident in their team and like I, think it is a load of crap that some of the posters on here can say two teams in the Regional Championship are so different that one doesn't even belong on the field as the other.

Liberty Hill's chances of winning this game are probably 98%. But no team is unbeatable. Act like the LH players and coaches are and take the other team seriously. You'll feel much better about yourself and your team when you know that they earned their place and don't just blow off every team but your own as worthless.

Whatever.....
Any Liberty Hill fans on here that boast about our team being better than yours has been in direct response to another post of the same content directed at us.
We all know it's going to be a good game, so get off of your high horse about telling anyone on a message board how to act!!!

"Lighten up Frances":rolleyes:

navscanmaster
11-27-2007, 06:55 PM
i actually have a sinus infection right now so maybe i would feel better?

but my posts have been respectful towards navasotaians, granted there has been a couple.

but that post was SOLELY in response to one of your fans saying i should feel dumb for posting my teams overall record, yes we all know it is not anywhere near fantastic, but like you back the snakes i back the cats and that isnt going to change.

i thhink if i called you dumb right now you would post something a little outta your norm too dont ya think?

Respectful, mostly. My "narrative" was directed toward the basketball comment. I am just fed up with the BS on this thread. I really thought the LH Vs Nav thread would be a very calm classy thread, but it became a bonfire with most of the fuel thrown on it from outside posters. Both sides have been wired up and gotten defensive. I think Navasota's and Liberty Hill's actual true fans should just
STOP POSTING ON THIS THREAD
and let the crap talkers drown each other out. What do you say?

Daddy D 11
11-27-2007, 07:00 PM
i would do that, but then what else am i going to do? haha

lets just stay away from personal shots, which are starting to creep in btw.

and give honest opinions.

LH fans seem to give a honest opinion and it is blown into things and then the snowball starts rolling, so lets prevent shall we :D

navscanmaster
11-27-2007, 07:16 PM
i would do that, but then what else am i going to do? haha

and give honest opinions.

LH fans seem to give a honest opinion and it is blown into things and then the snowball starts rolling, so lets prevent shall we :D

Fair enough. But I will stick to my choice. I won't post anything more on this thread. And in the unlikely event that Navasota does win the game, you still won't see me gloating or "I told you so"-ing. I will probably be too shocked to remember how to turn on the computer. Good luck Navasota fans and Liberty Hill fans. Have fun outsiders.:D

Daddy D 11
11-27-2007, 07:22 PM
oh come on, dont leave us :(
and i wont be too shocked to turn on the computer if yall win, navasota has a good team.

i would be curious to hear everyones honest opinion?

IE score and maybe one deciding factor

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Is the "type" of offense Navasota runs buried somewhere in this thread? :confused:

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Is the "type" of offense Navasota runs buried somewhere in this thread? :confused: I said earlier it is very similar to Robinson's offense.

Fedora used to coach there, he left, the OC took over at Robinson. Very similar.

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2007, 08:23 PM
I said earlier it is very similar to Robinson's offense.

Fedora used to coach there, he left, the OC took over at Robinson. Very similar.
Thanks! Now that you mention it, I think I read that a few weeks ago. :thinking:

Daddy D 11
11-27-2007, 08:40 PM
I said earlier it is very similar to Robinson's offense.

:devil:

pirate4state
11-27-2007, 08:40 PM

I could have sworn I asked everyone to NOT go there in regards to personal attacks, i.e. calling each other dumb, etc...:rolleyes:

I don't have time to read 14 pages of stuff, if there is something completely out of line, report the post, otherwise shake yourself off and keep on - keeping on within the guidelines of the board rules!

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 08:43 PM
I could have sworn I asked everyone to NOT go there in regards to personal attacks, i.e. calling each other dumb, etc...:rolleyes:

I don't have time to read 14 pages of stuff, if there is something completely out of line, report the post, otherwise shake yourself off and keep on - keeping on within the guidelines of the board rules! That's dumb! :p

1st and goal
11-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Is Pratt 100%?

Is Allman going to play? I've heard he's hurting.

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Is Allman going to play? I've heard he's hurting. As far as I know, he's good to go.

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 09:07 PM
As far as I know, he's good to go. No he's not! ;)

*looks around*

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2007, 09:09 PM
No he's not! ;)

*looks around*
:doh: :doh: You're so full of it. :p

Mustangpride09
11-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Navasota by 4.

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 09:10 PM
:doh: :doh: You're so full of it. :p haha....was trying to be sneaky

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2007, 09:13 PM
haha....was trying to be sneaky
Hahaha! Well, since the one he runs behind is in the next room, I figured he had a better clue. :p

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Hahaha! Well, since the one he runs behind is in the next room, I figured he had a better clue. :p Has Brandon ever farted in his face? That is how you get pink eye.

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Has Brandon ever farted in his face? That is how you get pink eye.
:doh: :doh: I have never asked....and not sure I want to know.

But I wouldn't be at all surprised....

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 09:18 PM
haha

State_In_08
11-27-2007, 10:02 PM
there we go :clap: :clap: :clap:

is someone finally understanding that its all fun and hardly, and i say hardly anyone is serious??

but that would also imply that he scores 6 tds by himself, which not even a whole team has accomplished against the kitttens this year, i believe Cuero did not even score that many as a team? :D :p Their offense only managed to get four :devil:

Your comparing Dexter Pratt to the Cuero offense? Pssh... shame on you.

State_In_08
11-27-2007, 10:12 PM

Finally, someone who speaks the truth. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rattlesnake_08
11-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Rattlers!!!

State_In_08
11-27-2007, 10:16 PM
but but but whatever

I had to quote this and note that it is the GREATEST comeback I've ever seen.

:clap:

State_In_08
11-27-2007, 10:18 PM
I'd take Celina's RB's over Pratt. Whaley over Pratt. Parr Brothers over Pratt. Cuero's RB's over Pratt. Jermie Calhoun over Pratt. Justin Johnson over Pratt.

Are you a professional scouter?

Oh.

Rattlesnake_08
11-27-2007, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by State_In_08
I had to quote this and note that it is the GREATEST comeback I've ever seen.

:clap:

Even better than Navasota's comeback over Jasper???:thinking:

State_In_08
11-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
Even better than Navasota's comeback over Jasper???:thinking:

The fact that you compare the two makes me chuckle.

Of course it's better.

Rattlesnake_08
11-27-2007, 10:30 PM
The fact that you compare the two makes me chuckle.

Of course it's better.

Maybe even better than the comeback of John Tyler over East Plano in the State Championship a few years back:eek:

Rattlesnake_08
11-27-2007, 10:34 PM
I don't know what the record is, but I think this thread will break the record for the most popular thread ever this week.

snake_attack
11-27-2007, 10:50 PM
What was the score from the Liberty Hill vs. Robinson game?

Rattlesnake_08
11-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by snake_attack

Like 42-14, or something like that.

Rattlesnake_08
11-27-2007, 10:57 PM

It seems like you've been on 3a downlow longer than 3 posts...:thinking:

snake_attack
11-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Like 42-14, or something like that.

Ok i was just going to compare. eventhough that doesnt matter.

Rattlesnake_08
11-27-2007, 11:07 PM
Ok i was just going to compare. eventhough that doesnt matter.

Oh...

snake_attack
11-27-2007, 11:08 PM
It seems like you've been on 3a downlow longer than 3 posts...:thinking:

Yeah I just like reading all the comments.

Rattlesnake_08
11-27-2007, 11:13 PM
Yeah I just like reading all the comments.

That's kool...I just thought you had been on here awhile despite your post count.

Daddy D 11
11-27-2007, 11:20 PM
i just got on :D

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 12:46 AM
this is my final post on this thread

Who ya rootin for? L-H-H-S

1-2-3 FIRST DOWN!

LIBERTY HILL WILL OWN NAVASOTA

NAVASOTA IS JV
LIBERTY HILL IS VARSITY

Rattlesnake_08
11-28-2007, 07:07 AM
So...Let's see what happens today...

RattlerDude
11-28-2007, 09:18 AM
Wednesday is just one more day closer to Friday. Liberty Hill, a long winning streak always end eventually, and yours will end this Friday. Go Rattlers!

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 09:23 AM
so when we win are you going to go into hiding? :D

RattlerDude
11-28-2007, 09:28 AM
so when we win are you going to go into hiding? :D

No way. If you win, then I won't feel dumb for anything I have been saying. I have a strong faith in my team, and I seriously believe (I'm not just saying that because they are my team) that we will come out on top on Friday. You'll see

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 09:38 AM
you will say your team is going to win and thinks like "you'll see" and you say that when you lose you will not feel dumb? but i should feel dumb for posting liberty hills all time record? :thinking:

firstcat
11-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Which do you think is more deadly?
Being struck by a rattler, or being Thunderstruck??????
BOW DOWN NAVASOTA!.....THE STORM IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!

CAN'T STOP WHAT YOU CAN'T SEE!!!!!

NO ANTI-VENOM FOR BEING THUNDERSTRUCK! IT LEAVES YOU IN A "CAT"-A-TONIC STATE!!!!!!!!!

ROAD TO REPEAT BABY!!

firstcat
11-28-2007, 09:51 AM
THIS THREAD WAS GETTING BORING....HAD TO GET IT GOING AGAIN!!!!

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 09:51 AM
nice post first cat :)

RattlerDude
11-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Stupid post firstcat

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 09:57 AM
wow rattlerdude, you can say go rattlers and the winning streak is over but we cant say anything back? :rolleyes:

grow up :D

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 09:58 AM
Where does "Thunderstruck" come from? Are you guys the Thundercats now? I could have sworn your the Panthers.

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 10:00 AM
Coach Vance came in and started it about 5 years ago, personally i dont understand it either but it caught on and its pretty cool now.

i think it has something to do with like how we just rumble down your throats on our way to touchdowns :) :devil:

kinda like thunder, then when we score its like striking, so thus you get

THUNDERSTRUCK TOUR 2007

RattlerDude
11-28-2007, 10:12 AM
wow rattlerdude, you can say go rattlers and the winning streak is over but we cant say anything back? :rolleyes:

grow up :D

Who said ya'll couldn't say anything. I was just making a comment on his post so you can chill out trying to tell people that they need to grow up.

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Coach Vance came in and started it about 5 years ago, personally i dont understand it either but it caught on and its pretty cool now.

i think it has something to do with like how we just rumble down your throats on our way to touchdowns :) :devil:

THUNDERSTRUCK TOUR 2007

Well I guess you could call us lightning then, because he have the tendency to strike quick and leave you in shock. :devil:

Runnin Panther
11-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by striker
Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Mississippi State, Notre Dame...to name a few. In a conversation with Fedora he mentioned he has talked to Mack Brown and Charlie Wies just this past week.

Watch some game film on Navasota last night and I have to say, Pratt is impressive. He definitely has a bright future ahead of him. I also thought the QB #5, Receiver #4, and the big boy on the offensive line was very good. In my opinion I think you guys may have the most balanced offense we have come up against this year. Your QB is good and #4 pretty much catches anything thrown his way. Pratt runs up the middle a lot it will be interesting to see if he is able to do that against us, if he is it will be a first. Our defense needs to come up with 2 or 3 stops.

Navasota’s weakness is their defense. In my opinion they will not be able to stop us. If we take care of the football and don’t hurt ourselves with penalties we should score every time we have the ball.

Does #5, 4, or 22 ever play any defense?

firstcat
11-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Stupid post firstcat

Thanks, Rattler-DUD!

Don't call names before the games,
or we'll just think you're hatin'...
when Friday ends, snakes'll head to their dens,
and the Cats will be celebratin'!!!!!!!

...but you had a good run!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :inlove::inlove: :inlove:

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Watch some game film on Navasota last night and I have to say, Pratt is impressive. He definitely has a bright future ahead of him. I also thought the QB #5, Receiver #4, and the big boy on the offensive line was very good. In my opinion I think you guys may have the most balanced offense we have come up against this year. Your QB is good and #4 pretty much catches anything thrown his way. Pratt runs up the middle a lot it will be interesting to see if he is able to do that against us, if he is it will be a first. Our defense needs to come up with 2 or 3 stops.

Navasota’s weakness is their defense. In my opinion they will not be able to stop us. If we take care of the football and don’t hurt ourselves with penalties we should score every time we have the ball.

They never have to, but can.

pirate4state
11-28-2007, 10:31 AM
if you are looking for the posts from last night about Navasota they can be found here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75188)

please try and keep the topic to the football game

thanks

Runnin Panther
11-28-2007, 10:34 AM
They never have to, but can.

Well then, I think the time has come where they will have too. The Rattlers will NOT stop the three headed monster.

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2007, 10:37 AM

THUNDERSTRUCK TOUR 2007
I know when he first got here it was "Purple Thunder". I'm thinking even the 2001 Cats listened to Thunderstruck a LOT before games. :thinking: :thinking: I'll ask some of the other "old-time" moms to see if they remember when it changed.

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2007, 10:37 AM
when Friday ends, snakes'll head to their dens,
and the Cats will be celebratin'!!!!!!!

NICE! :clap: :clap: :D

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Well then, I think the time has come where they will have too. The Rattlers will NOT stop the three headed monster.

We've got a three-headed monster of our own.

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks, Rattler-DUDE!

when Friday ends, snakes'll head to their dens to celebrate,
and the ThunderCats will be cryin'!!!!!!!

...but you had a good run!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :inlove::inlove: :inlove:

Fixed.

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 11:19 AM
I know when he first got here it was "Purple Thunder". I'm thinking even the 2001 Cats listened to Thunderstruck a LOT before games. :thinking: :thinking: I'll ask some of the other "old-time" moms to see if they remember when it changed.

old time moms? oh come on, quit being so hard on yourself :inlove:

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Fixed.

once again, you make zero sense buddy

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Where does "Thunderstruck" come from? Are you guys the Thundercats now? I could have sworn your the Panthers. You'll see friday where it comes from.

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 11:23 AM
You'll see friday where it comes from.

no he wont :rolleyes: haha

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 11:27 AM
you gonna come to the meet and greet at halftime blue?

hopefully are reptilian friends are there? :devil: :D

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Yes. maybe a cheerleader will throw me another t-shirt too

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Well I guess you could call us lightning then, because he have the tendency to strike quick and leave you in shock. :devil:

thats a good one :clap:

bigron15
11-28-2007, 11:29 AM
this is a long running thread with a lot of posts

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Yes. maybe a cheerleader will throw me another t-shirt too

that way we can give it to 'state in 08' to wear for the second half, so atleast he leaves the game a winner

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Well I guess you could call us lightning then, because he have the tendency to strike quick and leave you in shock. :devil: I aint seen no lightning but I'm sure hearing a lot of thunder ;)

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 11:31 AM
that way we can give it to 'state in 08' to wear for the second half, so atleast he leaves the game a winner I'll just give him the one I caught last year ;)

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 11:33 AM
i think there should be some type of bet of sorts, that way at halftime i can collect and get me some food for the fourth quarter :hand:

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 11:34 AM
well if you would like you can purchase me some nachos ;)

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 11:35 AM
no problem, just ask LHPM and she will tell you where to find me.

Runnin Panther
11-28-2007, 11:44 AM

Come on Rattlers I gave you and honest opinion of how I see your team. Lets hear what you think of the Panthers.

Come on lets talk football.

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Come on Rattlers I gave you and honest opinion of how I see your team. Lets hear what you think of the Panthers.

:clap: i asked for one of those last night and really got nothing :confused:

Runnin Panther
11-28-2007, 11:48 AM

We must be so good they are at a loss for words.

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 11:49 AM
well you know what they say:

" they may be good at baseball, they may be good at track, but when it comes to football...the state champs are back!"

not much you can say to that :tongue:

Runnin Panther
11-28-2007, 12:20 PM
I think we have worn them down just like we do on the field. By the end of the 3rd quarter every team we play is ready to go home and lick their wounds. :D :D :D

firstcat
11-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Fixed.

It would have to be for the Rattlers to win...OH!! You were talking about the poem?
:doh:doh:

BOW DOWN!!!!! PANTHERS by 4 TD's!!!!!!!!!!!

Rattlesnake_08
11-28-2007, 12:58 PM
I would the Rattlers are the lightnening and the rain...

Rattlesnake_08
11-28-2007, 12:59 PM
What happen to my 104 posts on here? The thing says I only have 77 now.

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 01:00 PM
What happen to my 104 posts on here? The thing says I only have 77 now. got moved home skillet

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:07 PM
I aint seen no lightning but I'm sure hearing a lot of thunder ;)

Then obviously you just haven't come to a Navasota Rattler football game this year.

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:08 PM
that way we can give it to 'state in 08' to wear for the second half, so atleast he leaves the game a winner

I'd take that shirt back to the Navasota faithful and see what they do to it. :devil:

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Then obviously you just haven't come to a Navasota Rattler football game this year. LH fans = best

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:10 PM

I told you, #5 (Jacolby Stokes), #4 (Brandal Jackson), and #22 (The Beast) don't play defense. They can, but they don't. And oh yeah... memorize their names, your gonna be hearin them alot Friday night. ;)

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:11 PM
LH fans = best

That has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:12 PM

What do you want to know?

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 01:12 PM
I told you, #5 (Jacolby Stokes), #4 (Brandal Jackson), and #22 (The Beast) don't play defense. They can, but they don't. And oh yeah... memorize their names, your gonna be hearin them alot Friday night. ;) The only "beast" i know is 74 from LH. dominated as a soph. and got a state ring. dominates this year.

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 01:13 PM
That has nothing to do with what we were talking about. LH = better than navasota :D

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:14 PM
The only "beast" i know is 74 from LH. dominated as a soph. and got a state ring. dominates this year.

Well, like I said earlier, you obviously haven't been to a Rattler football game this year.

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Well, like I said earlier, you obviously haven't been to a Rattler football game this year. No seriously #74 will drive anyone into the dirt who lines up in front of him.

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:15 PM
LH = better than navasota :D

I said Navasota is lightning because we tend to strike quick and leave you in shock, you said you haven't seen any lightning but hear a lot of thunder (implying that all we do is talk). Am I wrong?

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 01:16 PM
I said Navasota is lightning because we tend to strike quick and leave you in shock, you said you haven't seen any lightning but hear a lot of thunder (implying that all we do is talk). Am I wrong? You don't want to strike quick against LH. They'll just eat up the clock and slow the game down.

State_In_08
No seriously #74 will drive anyone into the dirt who lines up in front of him.

No seriously, #22 will run over anyone that dares to try to tackle him.

Old Tiger
No seriously, #22 will run over anyone that dares to try to tackle him. Lattimore will blast him. So will that DE #4. I can't think of his name off hand.

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:17 PM
You don't want to strike quick against LH. They'll just eat up the clock and slow the game down.

Oh, don't be mistaken, we can do that too. But we can't help but throw the big play in there every once and a while to get the momentum in our favor.

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Lattimore will blast him. So will that DE #4. I can't think of his name off hand.

And you know this because you've seen it happen before right?

No?

You have no clue what will happen. Dexter Pratt might make Lattimore look like a PeeWee football player for all you know.

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Oh, don't be mistaken, we can do that too. But we can't help but throw the big play in there every once and a while to get the momentum in our favor. interesting. LH's defense is really fast team wise. They are always making a play.

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 01:19 PM

No?

You have no clue what will happen. Dexter Pratt might make Lattimore look like a PeeWee football player for all you know. :eek: Nobody makes Lattimore look like a peewee football player! I've seen Lattimore almost decapitate a receiver and blast one of the bigger fullbacks I've seen(Devon jarmon - Giddings). Lattimore is a baller. Dexter who? :p

#4 is big and fast(ran down brock and forced fumble)

Runnin Panther
11-28-2007, 01:20 PM
What do you want to know?

I gave ya'll my assessment of Navasota, I wanted to hear what ya'll thought of the Panthers. Not smack talk but football talk.

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:21 PM
interesting. LH's defense is really fast team wise. They are always making a play.

And our offense is lightning quick all around. Our line can get up to the linebackers quick and leave Pratt to handle the secondary, because once he gets past that point, it's 6.

Old Tiger
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hNBCwtXaiQI

a little bit of what #4 can do.

State_In_08
:eek: Nobody makes Lattimore look like a peewee football player! I've seen Lattimore almost decapitate a receiver and blast one of the bigger fullbacks I've seen(Devon jarmon - Giddings). Lattimore is a baller. Dexter who? :p

#4 is big and fast(ran down brock and forced fumble)

But the fact is, you've never seen him to this to DP. Pratt is a baller too.

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 01:22 PM
And our offense is lightning quick all around. Our line can get up to the linebackers quick and leave Pratt to handle the secondary, because once he gets past that point, it's 6. That's what Brock thought too :D

Texasfootball2
11-28-2007, 01:22 PM

Does this Dude play for Libery Hill? He looks like a speciman.

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:23 PM
I gave ya'll my assessment of Navasota, I wanted to hear what ya'll thought of the Panthers. Not smack talk but football talk.

All around just a great football team. Not many mistakes made, and they execute each play flawlessly. Pound the ball, control the clock, and steadily march down the field.

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Does this Dude play for Libery Hill? He looks like a speciman. He was a QB out in California. Moved to Texas(liberty hill) and now is a DE

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:24 PM

Can't watch video on this computer, but I'm pretty sure I know what I'll see. Go look up Navasota vs. Needville on Brightcove if you want to see Dexter Pratt.

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:25 PM
That's what Brock thought too :D

Brock isn't Dexter Pratt.

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Brock isn't Dexter Pratt. Brock is faster and both are d1 recruits.

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Brock is faster and both are d1 recruits.

IMO, Dexter Pratt is faster than Brock this year from what I have seen, and when they were both on the field.

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 01:28 PM
IMO, Dexter Pratt is faster than Brock this year from what I have seen, and when they were both on the field. That opinion is expected and most likely bias.

Runnin Panther
11-28-2007, 01:28 PM

No?

You have no clue what will happen. Dexter Pratt might make Lattimore look like a PeeWee football player for all you know.

OR Cody might make Dexter look like a Pee Wee football player, it goes both ways.

I'll take my chances with Cody after all he was an All State LB as a junior.

crzyjournalist03
11-28-2007, 01:29 PM
is anyone else's head spinning from reading all of this??? :crazy:

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:29 PM
That opinion is expected and most likely bias.

Obviously you are a closet Liberty Hill fan, so your opinion is bias too.

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:30 PM
OR Cody might make Dexter look like a Pee Wee football player, it goes both ways.

That's fine, but just like Go Blue just told me, your opinion is bias because he's on your team. I'll take Dexter.

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Obviously you are a closet Liberty Hill fan, so your opinion is bias too. The post has nothing to do with liberty hill. It has to do with Brock and Pratt's speed. Brock is faster but Pratt probably looks faster because he is bigger.

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
is anyone else's head spinning from reading all of this??? :crazy:

Yeah, I'm the only Rattler fan in here so I'm having a little trouble keeping up.

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:32 PM
The post has nothing to do with liberty hill. It has to do with Brock and Pratt's speed. Brock is faster but Pratt probably looks faster because he is bigger.

Yes it does. Because you are a fan of LH, your not going to pick Pratt because that would mean picking AGAINST your team. No serious fan would ever do that.

Runnin Panther
11-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Obviously you are a closet Liberty Hill fan, so your opinion is bias too.

I think Blue came out of the closet along time ago.

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Yes it does. Because you are a fan of LH, your not going to pick Pratt because that would mean picking AGAINST your team. No serious fan would ever do that. What does me being a fan of LH have to do with comparing Brock and Pratt?

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:37 PM
What does me being a fan of LH have to do with comparing Brock and Pratt?

Because if you said Pratt was any good, you'd be liking the enemy. Can't do that now can we?

firstcat
11-28-2007, 01:38 PM

Yes, Marlowe Poitier

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Because if you said Pratt was any good, you'd be liking the enemy. Can't do that now can we? If Pratt was faster than brock i would say it but he's not so I won't

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:40 PM
If Pratt was faster than brock i would say it but he's not so I won't

No you wouldn't. From your history of posts, I gather that you wouldn't say anything good about Navasota even at gunpoint.

RattlerDude
11-28-2007, 01:40 PM

All State LB doesn't mean anything. Our O-line will be sure that Cody Lattimore is not a defensive factor. Alan Dock of Giddings was an All State LB, who was definitely better and faster, but he was completely taken out of the game offensively and defensively by our team. Lattimore will finish with a season low 4 tackles against us.

RattlerDude
11-28-2007, 01:42 PM
If Pratt was faster than brock i would say it but he's not so I won't

Would you be willing to admit that The Rattlers are definitely better than Rockdale? It is the truth and you know it. You going to say it or not?

Runnin Panther
Because if you said Pratt was any good, you'd be liking the enemy. Can't do that now can we?

WHAT?????

Pratt is good…hell he’s great. Doesn’t mean I like to the enemy.

But just so you know we are going to kick his great butt all over the field!

Old Tiger
Would you be willing to admit that The Rattlers are definitely better than Rockdale? It is the truth and you know it. You going to say it or not? This year yes. Overall, no.

Runnin Panther
11-28-2007, 01:44 PM
All State LB doesn't mean anything. Our O-line will be sure that Cody Lattimore is not a defensive factor. Alan Dock of Giddings was an All State LB, who was definitely better and faster, but he was completely taken out of the game offensively and defensively by our team. Lattimore will finish with a season low 4 tackles against us.

What are you smoking??? You must be koo-coo!!!!!

firstcat

As an obvious LH fan, I think I speak for the majority of us when I say that Giddings is MUCH more of an "enemy" (this is your term...I would use the term dubious rival with absolutely no love lost) than Navasota could ever be.

RattlerDude
No seriously, #22 will run over anyone that dares to try to tackle him.

He will truck, drag, or shake anyone. If necessary, he will outrun you. There will be no stopping D-Pratt.

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 01:45 PM
He will truck, drag, or shake anyone. If necessary, he will outrun you. There will be no stopping D-Pratt. I'll hold you to that.

Super_R
11-28-2007, 01:45 PM

Vance brought in the "Purple Thunder" Defense. Then a few years back when we knocked off the #1 ranked Manor Mustangs and then they lost their next few games...we said they were Thunderstruck. Several other teams had the same fate that year. That is where I think it came from. I could be wrong...but, that would be a 1st.

buff4life
11-28-2007, 01:48 PM

the kid had a head start...he didn't "run" him down...

RattlerDude
11-28-2007, 01:48 PM
As an obvious LH fan, I think I speak for the majority of us when I say that Giddings is MUCH more of an "enemy" (this is your term...I would use the term dubious rival with absolutely no love lost) than Navasota could ever be.

He said nothing about how much of an enemy anyone was. All he said was "you'd be liking the enemy." There is a difference

buff4life
11-28-2007, 01:49 PM
IMO, Dexter Pratt is faster than Brock this year from what I have seen, and when they were both on the field.

I would put all the money i have will ever make that Brock is faster than Pratt...

State_In_08

The enemy is whoever you line up against Friday night. And that just happens to be us, and not Giddings this week.

Daddy D 11
All around just a great football team. Not many mistakes made, and they execute each play flawlessly. Pound the ball, control the clock, and steadily march down the field.

if thats the case then how did they lose 2 games in district? :confused:

buff4life
11-28-2007, 01:51 PM

he was talking about LH...

RattlerDude
11-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Hah

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:52 PM

I'm talking about Liberty Hill. :D

RattlerDude
11-28-2007, 01:54 PM
This is just a question for football talk, not crap talk. How was Rockdale able to keep the game against LH closer than normal?

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 01:54 PM
[B
I'll take my chances with Cody after all he was an All State LB as a junior. [/B]

he was actually all state as a sophomore and named district defensive MVP :)

and im pretty sure he can run with the best, he blasted fitzhenry last year and forced the first of two fumbles.

Super_R
11-28-2007, 01:55 PM
the kid had a head start...he didn't "run" him down...

He was the DE on that side. He had pitch man...and boy did he ever.

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm talking about Liberty Hill. :D

nice one lol and this is no pun intended: but have yall lost 2 or 3 games overall?

what was your regular season scuedule?

buff4life
11-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
He was the DE on that side. He had pitch man...and boy did he ever.

exactly DE on THAT side, and Brock started under center...

Super_R

He plays. Transfer from Cali. He was a FS not a QB. He was all-state last year. He picked off a screen pass last week against Carthage and returned it 40 yeads. He is descent.

RattlerDude
Our three losses were to teams that either finished the regular season or with one loss. Giddings 10-0, Caldwell 8-1, and Madisonville 9-1.

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 01:57 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

kepdawg
Is Pratt starting at LB?

RattlerDude
Our three losses were to teams that either finished the regular season or with one loss. Giddings 10-0, Caldwell 8-1, and Madisonville 9-1.

I meant to say finished the regular season undefeated

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 01:58 PM

it was a fumble....LAST year ladies :D

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 01:58 PM
I meant to say finished the regular season undefeated

that is impressive, dont mean to pry but what were the scores?

Runnin Panther
11-28-2007, 01:59 PM

and im pretty sure he can run with the best, he blasted fitzhenry last year and forced the first of two fumbles.

Your right, he's a junior this year. What am I smoking???

buff4life
it was a fumble....LAST year ladies :D

I know it was a fumble, once again never said it wasn't, i'm just sayin he didn't "run" brock down...

Super_R

He was Newcomer of the year as a Freshman. In his 1st varsity play ever he picked off a pass and returned it for a TD. I get chill bumps thinking about it. Last year...his soph year he was all-state and Defensive MVP. He is descent too.

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 02:00 PM
oh i didnt say that you thought it was not lol

i was just trying to say its well in the past

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 02:00 PM
He is descent too.

:rolleyes: not really :D

Super_R
11-28-2007, 02:03 PM

In your line of thinking...everyone has a head start except the nose tackle. What a goon.

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Vance brought in the "Purple Thunder" Defense. Then a few years back when we knocked off the #1 ranked Manor Mustangs and then they lost their next few games...we said they were Thunderstruck. Several other teams had the same fate that year. That is where I think it came from. I could be wrong...but, that would be a 1st.
That sounds right! :thumbsup: (Even though you're not one of the old-time moms... :p you would know.)

buff4life
11-28-2007, 02:04 PM
In your line of thinking...everyone has a head start except the nose tackle. What a goon.

you keep thinking your wrong way...and i'll keep thinking mine...

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 02:13 PM

he is going to be line up against the 5.8" 160 lbs. OT from Navasota :eek:

interesting :devil:

pirate4state
11-28-2007, 02:16 PM
I would put all the money i have will ever make that Brock is faster than Pratt... well yeah, but haven't you been paying attention? your opinion is bias therefore it doesn't matter! GAH! :D

buff4life
11-28-2007, 02:17 PM
well yeah, but haven't you been paying attention? your opinion is bias therefore it doesn't matter! GAH! :D

yea except i've seen both both play against each other TWICE...lol

Daddy D 11
so is yours...duhhh :p

firstcat
He said nothing about how much of an enemy anyone was. All he said was "you'd be liking the enemy." There is a difference

and to clarify my point, Navasota hasn't EARNED the right to be considered our enemy...maybe enemy in training.

pirate4state
11-28-2007, 02:18 PM
yea except i've seen both both play against each other TWICE...lol it still doesn't matter :mad: lol

kepdawg
11-28-2007, 02:20 PM
Why are we even talking about this game?

We all know Liberty Hill and the UNSTOPPABLE Slot T will run wild over Navasota!

Navasota couldn't even stop Caldwell and the STOPPABLE Slot T!

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 02:21 PM
wurrrddddd

pirate4state
11-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

We all know Liberty Hill and the UNSTOPPABLE Slot T will run wild over Navasota!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

uh oh

:helpme: :helpme:

firstcat
11-28-2007, 02:48 PM
see below

firstcat
11-28-2007, 02:49 PM
1. There isn't an O-Line in the state that can make Cody "not a defensive factor".

2. Should the weatherman report ice in the depths of the netherworld, and your O-Line actually pull off making Cody "not a defensive factor", there is panther after panther after panther after panther lined up to see to it that the job gets done. The ten others on the field, the eleven after eleven after eleven on the sidelines...it doesn't end. We don't rebuild, we reload.

3. You spouting Pratt's speed. Speed isn't everything. Although we have all the speed we need, what really matters is the intelligence, the read, the strength, and the QUICKNESS (and don't confuse quickness with speed) with which our defense FLOCKS to the ball. I say FLOCKS because if you've ever seen a flock of birds in flight, and seen how quickly they can ALL change directions, and work together as a UNIT, then you have a slight idea of what our Defense is like. As for our offense, by the time you realize who is even carrying the ball, it will be too late. We'll have some long break-aways...but the nails in your coffins will be that grid-iron eating, back-breaking, smash-mouth, in-your-face, clock controlling yard-by-yard show of force.

4. Your touting the fact that you are better than Rockdale. No offense to Rockdale, because they did have a bit more success against us than most (though a large percentage of that was our own doing), but if that is the best comparison you can make, it is going to be a long night and a long ride home for the snakes.

5. I PROMISE that nobody that your team has played has even come close to preparing them for what they will experience on Friday night. Granted, you may be able to say the same, and only time will tell. But we have played bigger, faster, and stronger, and haven't missed a step.

6. I do hope that your team is as over-confident as you are...but they'd better beware because IMO, it is going to take a PERFECTLY EXECUTED OFFENSE and A PERFECTLY EXECUTED DEFENSE THAT FORCES MULTIPLE TURNOVERS to compete.

7. Should the unthinkable happen (this is high school football), and the Rattlers rise to the biggest challenge of their lives, and defeat the Panthers. Then my hat will be off to them (well, if I wore a hat it would be) and I will be the first to congratulate. Let me wish both teams a healthy trip/game and may they both be able to say that they left it all on the field.

My question that remains is...What makes the Navasota Rattlers so much different than the our last 20 opponents?

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 02:52 PM
My question that remains is...What makes the Navasota Rattlers so much different than the our last 20 opponents?

i dont know, but atleast we have been warned that they will be completly different :rolleyes:

clemsmarina
11-28-2007, 03:08 PM
i dont know, but atleast we have been warned that they will be completly different :rolleyes:

...and don't forget, they are sooo much better than ANYONE we have ever seen!!!:p

Runnin Panther
11-28-2007, 03:34 PM

Come on garden snakes you have to admit that funny!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Runnin Panther
11-28-2007, 03:36 PM
1. There isn't an O-Line in the state that can make Cody "not a defensive factor".

2. Should the weatherman report ice in the depths of the netherworld, and your O-Line actually pull off making Cody "not a defensive factor", there is panther after panther after panther after panther lined up to see to it that the job gets done. The ten others on the field, the eleven after eleven after eleven on the sidelines...it doesn't end. We don't rebuild, we reload.

3. You spouting Pratt's speed. Speed isn't everything. Although we have all the speed we need, what really matters is the intelligence, the read, the strength, and the QUICKNESS (and don't confuse quickness with speed) with which our defense FLOCKS to the ball. I say FLOCKS because if you've ever seen a flock of birds in flight, and seen how quickly they can ALL change directions, and work together as a UNIT, then you have a slight idea of what our Defense is like. As for our offense, by the time you realize who is even carrying the ball, it will be too late. We'll have some long break-aways...but the nails in your coffins will be that grid-iron eating, back-breaking, smash-mouth, in-your-face, clock controlling yard-by-yard show of force.

4. Your touting the fact that you are better than Rockdale. No offense to Rockdale, because they did have a bit more success against us than most (though a large percentage of that was our own doing), but if that is the best comparison you can make, it is going to be a long night and a long ride home for the snakes.

5. I PROMISE that nobody that your team has played has even come close to preparing them for what they will experience on Friday night. Granted, you may be able to say the same, and only time will tell. But we have played bigger, faster, and stronger, and haven't missed a step.

6. I do hope that your team is as over-confident as you are...but they'd better beware because IMO, it is going to take a PERFECTLY EXECUTED OFFENSE and A PERFECTLY EXECUTED DEFENSE THAT FORCES MULTIPLE TURNOVERS to compete.

7. Should the unthinkable happen (this is high school football), and the Rattlers rise to the biggest challenge of their lives, and defeat the Panthers. Then my hat will be off to them (well, if I wore a hat it would be) and I will be the first to congratulate. Let me wish both teams a healthy trip/game and may they both be able to say that they left it all on the field.

Good question firstcat. What does make Navasota different from our last 20 opponents?

Super_R
11-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Good question firstcat. What does make Navasota different from our last 20 opponents?

The question should be: "What does make Navasota different from our last 21 opponents?"

j_dog
11-28-2007, 04:16 PM

yep, may as well call off the game. Navasota just barely handled those small, slow, and blind dogs... :eek: :thinking: ;)

the only chance Navasota has is that they don't know they are supposed to quit when they get 3 TD's down. :)

hookandladder
11-28-2007, 04:25 PM
nice one lol and this is no pun intended: but have yall lost 2 or 3 games overall?

what was your regular season scuedule?

Daddy, you need to give this tread a break, your getting more confuse by the minute. Just let the kids play the game and you will learn more.

RattlerDude
11-28-2007, 04:57 PM
How many of ya'll are actually going to this game?

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 05:00 PM
How many of ya'll are actually going to this game? prsent

Super_R
11-28-2007, 05:02 PM
How many of ya'll are actually going to this game?

I'm in.

r u trying to run this up to a 2000+ post thread?

buff4ever
11-28-2007, 05:10 PM
to up your post count I am announcing that I will unfortunately not be able to attend this game.

buff4ever
11-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Now I can say that I contibuted to the madness that is going on here. What are yall doing, talking about nothing?

catdaddy
11-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Oh look, a cow..... :crazy:

Stownhorse
11-28-2007, 05:20 PM
START A NEW THREAD!

Panther One
11-28-2007, 05:26 PM
http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=66687&sport=1

Panther One
11-28-2007, 05:29 PM

Cody was All-State as a Soph. He's just a junior this year. It just seems like he's a senior since he's been starting since his freshman year.

firstcat
11-28-2007, 05:33 PM
The question should be: "What does make Navasota different from our last 21 opponents?"

oops, typo...thanks Super-R!!

firstcat
11-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
to up your post count I am announcing that I will unfortunately not be able to attend this game.

I hate to hear that Fitz...I'd even hook you up with a Panther T-shirt to wear if you'll come sit midways up on the 50 with us! That would be awesome! Truth be told, LH respects your talent probably more than anyone around...just need to eat a little gunpowder...toughens and puts a bit of a meanstreak in you!

Seriously, the invitation stands!

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 05:41 PM
and to clarify my point, Navasota hasn't EARNED the right to be considered our enemy...maybe enemy in training.

:rolleyes:

If you know anything about competitive sports, you know that ANYONE who lines up opposite of you is considered the enemy. It wouldn't matter if Hempstead lined up against South Lake Carroll this Friday, they would both consider each other enemies.

Super_R
11-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Cody was All-State as a Soph. He's just a junior this year. It just seems like he's a senior since he's been starting since his freshman year.

He'll be playing in his 43 varsity ball game this Friday. Not too many players can say that.

Wolf Playa
11-28-2007, 05:43 PM
GOING WITH THE UPSET!!
Navasota- 24
LH-23

HEMOTOXIC
11-28-2007, 05:47 PM

We did a good job of stopping those Bulldogs of Jasper. They didn't know what hit them! Your season is over, you lost, give it a rest. We will see how unstoppable Liberty Hill is and see exactly how they will match up against Mr. Pratt, Mr. Stokes, Mr. Jackson, Mr. Sweed, Mr. Orlando and the rest of the Rattler offense. And we are still talking about this game because this is the game that will be played on Friday. But just wait, you will get your turn again to shine, next year.

You know,some of you same people were saying the same crap before the Rattlers played Bellville, Giddings, Caldwell, Needville, Jasper, and now LH. What's new? I know, lets talk about the Navasota Rattlers and how they don't stand a chance this week. Or, lets talk about Navasota and how they can't stop LH's offense. Or, lets talk about how many points LH will score. Well folks, we have read it all. Give it a rest. Lets give the players a chance to do what they are supposed to do. That's play the game on the field.

So, if the Rattlers play the Panthers close, Navasota will gain some of you all respects? Or, if we beat the Panthers, will you all give them respect or say that it was pure luck? Well, we don't need the respect from POSTERS in an online chat room.. LH has never played Navasota in any sport. LH' ends an 18 yr playoff drought, win 1 state championship, and now you think that you are GOD's gift to this Earth. The only people that needs to respect the Rattlers will be the players that are on the field. We understand that LH has something good going. "Their 'unstoppable Offense', and their 'pressure defense', and oh, 'the best fans in football.' So does Giddings and Bellville. Heck, Bellville has had a strong football tradition for years. Not once has any Bellville posters ever talked down about a team. Of course, not all of you NEGATIVE POSTERS are from LH, but, those from Jasper, Rockdale, etc, you know who you are, act like you have some type of class. I know it is easy to come on here and talk a bunch of crap. But remember, what goes up must come down. And yes, when you do fall, you will fall hard!

Good luck to you all.
Go Rattlers!