PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys vs. Green Bay Packers

Pages : [1] 2

Farmersfan
01-05-2015, 10:24 AM
Let's get this next match up examined and scrutinized people! The Cowboys can't win if we don't rip this thing apart..............

Detroit got beat in Green Bay last week by a score of 20-30. The Lions had 313 total yards on the Packers and had 397 against Dallas. Green Bay put up 30 points and 377 yards on Detroit and Dallas put up 315 total yards on the Lions. On the season these two teams seem very equal. Both offenses are very good and both defenses have been poor at times but seem to have been getting better. The Packers offense is better with the pass and Dallas's offense is better with the run. The Packers defense is better against the pass and Dallas defense is better against the run. So who has the advantage? From the way i see it the Packers have a big advantage with their QB but the Cowboy's might offset that advantage with a much better O-line. And how healthy is Rogers going to be? We also need to remember the Cowboys are way better on the road than they are at home. The weather might turn out to be the great equalizer. From what I hear they are calling for clear sunshine and about 19 degrees............ I think that favors the Packers. And this brings up another point: Why wouldn't the NFL require teams from the northern states to have indoor stadiums? Why are the Packers and Broncos still allowed to hang on to those obvious advantages? I think foul whether and high altitude are no different than the hurry up offense. They are fluke gimmicks and don't really reflect on whether a team is actually better or not. Both should be ruled illegal......

GrTigers6
01-05-2015, 10:32 AM
I think if this team can play and execute like they did the second half last night then we will be able to hang with them and possibly pull it out. But they cant give Rogers the start they gave Stafford or we will be catching up from a lot more deficit

Farmersfan
01-05-2015, 11:12 AM
The last I heard Aaron Rogers probably isn't going to even be able to practice until maybe Thursday. How much of a blow to the Packers offense is it if Rogers isn't able to run? I say it's huge..........

Bullaholic
01-05-2015, 11:14 AM
Don't want to over-simplify, but if they play like they did against the Lions---one good half won't be enough against the Packers to keep them playing. Lack of a pass rush against Rodgers= bear hunting with a switch.

Rabid Cougar
01-05-2015, 11:23 AM
The entire AFC North plays outdoors. All but Detroit in the NFC North play outside.

PhiI C
01-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Another Ice Bowl. :(

Eagle 1
01-05-2015, 11:42 AM
Simply, the Cowboys will need to play lights out the whole game to get the win in GB.

NastySlot
01-05-2015, 12:02 PM
Another Ice Bowl. :(

going to be cold this weekend in Green Bay- early week predictions- Saturday high of 11 and 22 degrees on Sunday (wind chills 1 and 12)

slingshot
01-05-2015, 12:31 PM
Dallas by 7. O-line and running game will be huge advantage, Rogers' lack of mobility will be a huge blow for the Pack. Bring on Seattle...

GrTigers6
01-05-2015, 12:40 PM
The last I heard Aaron Rogers probably isn't going to even be able to practice until maybe Thursday. How much of a blow to the Packers offense is it if Rogers isn't able to run? I say it's huge..........I would say that it would be bigger than Suh being out for the Lions. However Cowboys Defense has a bad track record against Back up QB's lol Rams, Texans, Redskins, Etc

BwdLion73
01-05-2015, 01:24 PM
Weather will be the same on both ends of the field...buck up!

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2015, 03:55 PM
With it being sunny and Dallas's style on offense weather will not be a factor

Bullaholic
01-05-2015, 04:11 PM
With it being sunny and Dallas's style on offense weather will not be a factor

Is that the straight info from Larry the Dr. Pepper vendor? :D

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2015, 04:19 PM

I do have a napkin with my brackets on it

GrTigers6
01-05-2015, 04:35 PM

Wait? I thought that was Terry! :taunt::D

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2015, 04:53 PM
Wait? I thought that was Terry! :taunt::D

I have to fund S2S antics somehow.

GrTigers6
01-05-2015, 07:24 PM
I have to fund S2S antics somehow.
:clap:

bleedgreen
01-06-2015, 09:17 AM
Does Lambeau Field have turf warmers so the players can get a foot hold?

Bullaholic
01-06-2015, 11:37 AM
Forecast high in Green Bay Sunday is 16 and clear. That's cold, folks. Heavy dose of running by the Cowboys will be the plan, but somebody better account for Clay Matthews on every play.

caleb_mccaig
01-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Dallas has a good shot IMO, they played their first bad game in weeks against Detroit and somehow escaped. If the defense plays like they did last week then I think we find a way to win.

Macarthur
01-06-2015, 12:02 PM
Dallas has a good shot IMO, they played their first bad game in weeks against Detroit and somehow escaped. If the defense plays like they did last week then I think we find a way to win.

I think they've got a shot too. Especially if rogers is not 100%.

One comment about Dallas not playing well. One thing to remember is that det has the best DL in the league and I read somewhere that they had a top 5 ranking against the run ALL TIME this season. I actually think det was a much tougher matchup than many of us realized going in because of how well they play up front. I think a lot of Dallas struggles could be attributed to a damn good DL.

caleb_mccaig
01-06-2015, 12:04 PM
I think they've got a shot too. Especially if rogers is not 100%.

One comment about Dallas not playing well. One thing to remember is that det has the best DL in the league and I read somewhere that they had a top 5 ranking against the run ALL TIME. I actually think det was a much tougher matchup than many of us realized going in because of how well they play up front. I think a lot of Dallas struggles could be attributed to a damn good DL.

For sure, Detroit's D-Line played amazing, at least from what I saw. I'm more worried about the defense being able to stop Lacy and hold Rogers to a mediocre game. I don't think it's possible to contain both.

GrTigers6
01-06-2015, 12:27 PM
For sure, Detroit's D-Line played amazing, at least from what I saw. I'm more worried about the defense being able to stop Lacy and hold Rogers to a mediocre game. I don't think it's possible to contain both.
It is if Rogers is not mobile! Healthy rogers though would make it much more difficult although Buffalo did something to him to shut him down completely

Farmersfan
01-06-2015, 02:38 PM
I just looked at the NFL power rankings and can't understand why Dallas actually went down after Sunday's game. Dallas and Detroit both dropped 1 point in Power Ranking. How can Dallas drop exactly the same amount as the team they beat? http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

GrTigers6
01-06-2015, 02:41 PM
I just looked at the NFL power rankings and can't understand why Dallas actually went down after Sunday's game. Dallas and Detroit both dropped 1 point in Power Ranking. How can Dallas drop exactly the same amount as the team they beat? http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings
Computer Error! :D
How does TCU drop 3 spots after winning by 52 :thinking:

Farmersfan
01-06-2015, 03:27 PM

The Dallas defense gives up an average of 103 rushing yards per game and 252 passing yards per game. The Green Bay defense gives up 120 yards per game rushing and 226 yards passing.In rushing defense Dallas is #8 in the NFL and Green Bay is #23. Let's also not miss the fact that Dallas has played 7 games against top 10 rushers in the NFL (McCoy(2), Lynch, Foster, Gore, Morris(2) and Green bay has played 2 (Lynch and Gore). It is probably worth mentioning also that Dallas has played 6 games against top 10 passing offenses in the NFL. (Indy, New Orleans, Philly (2), Giants (2) and Green Bay has played 2. (Denver and San Diego). So Dallas is better against the run even though they have faced better runners and Green Bay is better against the pass because they have faced fewer good passing offenses. I think this is advantage Dallas.
On the offense side it's a toss up I guess. The Cowboy's strength is their run and Packers weakness is their run defense. But the Packers strength is their pass and Cowboys' defensive weakness is the pass. I'm counting on Rogers being limited and the Cowboy's ability to run the ball and keep him on the sidelines...

1st and goal
01-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Hope Demarco keeps the ball tucked in this week.

buff4ever
01-07-2015, 10:32 AM
I am very optimistic about this game. I am sure it will be a battle, and will be decided in the fourth, but I feel that Dallas will end up on top. Murray will have a big game. I think he will have a statement game. The line is going to prove that they are as good as they have been all year.

GrTigers6
01-07-2015, 11:02 AM
I am very optimistic about this game. I am sure it will be a battle, and will be decided in the fourth, but I feel that Dallas will end up on top. Murray will have a big game. I think he will have a statement game. The line is going to prove that they are as good as they have been all year.I hope your right! I just don't want another game like the last Divisional final they played. I think this team is coached better. Not to say Garrett is a better coach then Parcells just saying this team seems to buy in better. They are more resilient than past Romo teams and determined to make it to the show and win. Lets hope they prevail if for no other reasons than to silence the haters!:D

ronwx5x
01-07-2015, 12:06 PM
I hope your right! I just don't want another game like the last Divisional final they played. I think this team is coached better. Not to say Garrett is a better coach then Parcells just saying this team seems to buy in better. They are more resilient than past Romo teams and determined to make it to the show and win. Lets hope they prevail if for no other reasons than to silence the haters!:D
Don't think for a moment that even winning the Super Bowl will silence the haters. I don't like the Steelers and they have more rings than the Cowboys!

GrTigers6
01-07-2015, 02:03 PM
Don't think for a moment that even winning the Super Bowl will silence the haters. I don't like the Steelers and they have more rings than the Cowboys!Good Point, Don't silence just take away their other leg so they cant stand at all!

full circle
01-07-2015, 03:25 PM
I like this match up better for the Boys than I did the game vs. Detroit

full circle
01-07-2015, 03:26 PM
better, sorry!

ronwx5x
01-07-2015, 03:35 PM
Good Point, Don't silence just take away their other leg so they cant stand at all!Naw, just cripple it!!

GrTigers6
01-07-2015, 03:41 PM
I like this match up better for the Boys than I did the game vs. DetroitIdo too except for the weather factor. That didn't work so well in Chicago last year

Farmersfan
01-07-2015, 04:57 PM
I look at all the stats and I don't see how Green Bay is favored by 6.5. Other than home field advantage and the cold I don't see any area that Green Bay is superior to Dallas. Green Bay has lost 3 games this season against teams that Dallas has beaten. Detroit, Seattle and New Orleans. The only team that Green Bay has beaten that Dallas lost to was Philly. That game was in Green Bay. The Packers went 8-0 at home but really only had one impressive win. They beat the Patriots by 5 points.... and the Jets, Panthers, Detroit , Minny, Chicago, Philly and Atlanta. On the road they lost to Seattle, Detroit, New Orleans and Buffalo.

Scoop27
01-07-2015, 10:53 PM
What network channel will this game be on?

GrTigers6
01-08-2015, 09:33 AM
What network channel will this game be on?Fox!

coach
01-08-2015, 11:15 AM
I look at all the stats and I don't see how Green Bay is favored by 6.5. Other than home field advantage and the cold I don't see any area that Green Bay is superior to Dallas. Green Bay has lost 3 games this season against teams that Dallas has beaten. Detroit, Seattle and New Orleans. The only team that Green Bay has beaten that Dallas lost to was Philly. That game was in Green Bay. The Packers went 8-0 at home but really only had one impressive win. They beat the Patriots by 5 points.... and the Jets, Panthers, Detroit , Minny, Chicago, Philly and Atlanta. On the road they lost to Seattle, Detroit, New Orleans and Buffalo.

Detroit is a good home win and at the time so was philly.

GrTigers6
01-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Personally I think that the 8-0 road streak is better than 8-0 at home. Its a lot tougher to win on the road.

Wonkas_Willy
01-08-2015, 02:10 PM
Tough to win at GB... Just need Rogers to not be 100% , also we need Carolina to shock Seattle

Txbroadcaster
01-08-2015, 02:20 PM
GB is not automatic at home in play offs

1-2 in last 3 games

buff4ever
01-08-2015, 02:48 PM
I am truly of the opinion that if the cowboys play to their potential, instead of the way we started the game last week; they can beat the packers.

Txbroadcaster
01-08-2015, 02:57 PM
I am truly of the opinion that if the cowboys play to their potential, instead of the way we started the game last week; they can beat the packers.

I think the way they started had as much to do with how good the Lion D is.

caleb_mccaig
01-08-2015, 03:23 PM
GB is not automatic at home in play offs

1-2 in last 3 games

Also saw a stat that said GB is 5-4-1 under McCarthy when the temperature is below 20 degrees.

buff4ever
01-08-2015, 03:50 PM
Also saw a stat that said GB is 5-4-1 under McCarthy when the temperature is below 20 degrees.

What is Garret's record under 20 degrees. Do you think that is really a stat even worth mentioning?

caleb_mccaig
01-08-2015, 03:57 PM
What is Garret's record under 20 degrees. Do you think that is really a stat even worth mentioning?

I mean it clearly shows that GB isn't superior in cold weather and shouldn't have an edge. I don't see why it's a big deal if it is mentioned.

full circle
01-09-2015, 10:39 AM
So Rogers has a tear in calf is what I'm hearing, surely he won't be very mobile and will be somewhat of a stationary target for pass rush. Could be a big plus for the Boys!

Eagle 1
01-09-2015, 10:42 AM
Bring the heat.

PhiI C
01-09-2015, 01:35 PM
So Rogers has a tear in calf is what I'm hearing, surely he won't be very mobile and will be somewhat of a stationary target for pass rush. Could be a big plus for the Boys!

Smokescreen. He will be playing.

pancho villa
01-09-2015, 02:00 PM
Go Pack! I hate the boys!

Gen.Pat
01-10-2015, 09:46 AM
Geaux Cowboys.

Rabid Cougar
01-10-2015, 11:28 AM

If so he he may start out okay but one good "plant and push off" with that leg and he will be done. Took nearly two months for mine to get "back to normal".

Of course I'm not 30 something with NFL quality treatment.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 12:14 AM
Seattle just made mincemeat out of the Carolina Panthers, which should not be taken lightly by any stretch. The Seahawks are playing their best football of the season right now, and the Dallas/Green Bay winner will be playing in Seattle for that NFC tltle game. It will be a tough road for the Cowboys, but if they can pull it off it will be because the team chemistry is there. Big plays and everybody on board doing their job at their position.....helping their teammates to be able to play their position better.....that's the kind of play it will take for the Cowboys to win the NFC this year. I believe they have the personnel to do that this season....the question is whether they can play FOR each other.....not against one another. That means no bonehead penalties, protecting the football, maybe a takeaway or two, and playing your position.....basically excellent team football. The Cowboys don't need heroes......all they need to do is play team concept football the rest of the way and let the chips fall as they may.

1st and goal
01-11-2015, 09:11 AM
4 hours til kickoff. Got the DVR set to record because I'm thinking church will run late due to a guest speaker. Kind of funny because both our pastors are Wisconsin born cheeseheads and neither has a DVR. With all the commercials, I'll be caught up to real time by about 1 o'clock, skipping all the ads.

Saggy Aggie
01-11-2015, 10:33 AM
Cowpies have 3 more chances to screw it up. C'mon Romo!

Bullaholic
01-11-2015, 12:13 PM
Cowpies have 3 more chances to screw it up. C'mon Romo!

Sure hate that you're going to be disappointed, Sag---Cowboys play in Seattle next week. Go Cowboys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saggy Aggie
01-11-2015, 01:03 PM
Quick question:

If by some ungodly turn of events, the pies win the SB.... Would everyone still hate jerry?

I haven't heard many 'jerruh' or 'the Cowboys will never win a SB til jerry is gone' comments this season....

Roughneck93
01-11-2015, 01:03 PM
Go Cowboys!

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 01:15 PM
Looks like the Cowboys aren't ready for the Pack today in these conditions. Conditions don't look that bad, but to a Texan used to playing in comfort....it's not exactly heaven.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 01:26 PM
Hopefully they'll adjust and find themselves in a dogfight. If that happens, they'll forget about everything else and just play some Cowboys football.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 01:30 PM
For a game of this stature, the field conditions look absolutely abhorrant. Yes...it could be worse, but at this level it should be much better.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 01:31 PM
Hope the Cowboys just trust their Oline and stay with the program.

Roughneck93
01-11-2015, 01:33 PM
Nice....

regaleagle
Bingo.....let's play some football BOYZ!!!

Saggy Aggie
Horrible PI call that gave dallas a TD

Farmersfan
15 damn yard penalty on Mathews hit of Romo!!!!!!

Farmersfan
01-11-2015, 01:34 PM
12 play drives for TD's that eat up the clock will win this game!

Saggy Aggie
01-11-2015, 01:35 PM
15 damn yard penalty on Mathews hit of Romo!!!!!!

Agreed. That was a terrible no call.

Maybe making up for the terrible PI call....

I think dallas will gladly accept the 7 pts in exchange....

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 01:35 PM
We kinda knew it might be both Olines here vs. the defenses. Romo and Rodgers will do what they have to for their offenses, and both teams have good running games. Looks like it will come down to stops in key situations, and perhaps some turnovers.

Bullaholic
01-11-2015, 01:36 PM
Horrible PI call that gave dallas a TD

You mean for that receiver that was hooked down?

Farmersfan
01-11-2015, 01:37 PM
We kinda knew it might be both Olines here vs. the defenses. Romo and Rodgers will do what they have to for their offenses, and both teams have good running games. Looks like it will come down to stops in key situations, and perhaps some turnovers.

Could come down to ref's calls or no-calls!

Saggy Aggie
01-11-2015, 01:39 PM
You mean for that receiver that was hooked down?

Bull.... That was extremely ticky tack at very best and we all know that... Not to mention the ball wasn't catchable....

Even the Cowboys fans I'm watching the game with all said it was a weak penalty but 'they'll take it'

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 01:40 PM
Rodgers overthows from pressure on that one.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 01:40 PM
Rodgers cannot run like he's used to.....don't know about that defenseive holding call though.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 01:43 PM
I hope the refs don't start looking for ways to make up for Rodgers not being at 100%.....you know what I mean.....psychologically going with the flag more than they should.

Farmersfan
01-11-2015, 01:46 PM
It's hard enough to stop these guys without the defense giving them penalties...........

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 01:48 PM
Cowboys just need to play tough D and try to limit them to a field goal here.

Roughneck93
01-11-2015, 01:49 PM
Way to go D!

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 01:50 PM
Big turn of events on that turnover by the Rodgers fumble on that play.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 01:52 PM
Now if Dallas can CAPITALIZE on the turnover with another TOUCHDOWN.....not a field goal.....that would be very big.

Farmersfan
01-11-2015, 01:52 PM
I can't believe how long Rogers is standing in the pocket... That is inviting bad things! Maybe the long time off hurt him...

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Good drive and burn clock with a touchdown would do wonders for our defense.

Roughneck93
01-11-2015, 01:55 PM
Yes!!

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 01:56 PM
So much for burning clock, huh? I think the Cowboys D will be happy with that one, haha.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 01:57 PM
First time since the home opener that the Pack has trailed at home.....Wow and happy times.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:00 PM
Big third down here.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:02 PM
Another 3rd and 8 here.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:03 PM
No good this time, although the throw was there. Pack will be forced to punt it now.l

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:05 PM
Can't pro football players return a punt without a flag nowadays.....happens more times than it should.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:06 PM
How about a 14 point lead now......wouldn't that be something, huh?

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:07 PM
Of course, that would require an 80 yard drive.....might be asking too much.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:10 PM
Third and short each series is a good gameplan by any standard. Don't agree with that call when your running game is working for 10 yds every 3 plays.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:13 PM
Got it down there for the 2 min. warning......work the clock and keep possession. Don't give the Pack any unnecessary chances.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:15 PM
1st down at the 38 now. It was the 36?

Roughneck93
01-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Generous spot....

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Whatever it was, now it's another first down on that pass to Whitten and Dallas calls a timeout....their first I believe. About a minute thirty left in the half. The timeout will allow for a closer measurement and they are one yard short of the first on the review. 27 yd. line now.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:19 PM
3rd down and one here.

Roughneck93
01-11-2015, 02:21 PM
Just run the ball right there.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:21 PM
Those are the kind of screw-ups Dallas doesn't need. Bad handle on the snap by Romo.....it was on him, no doubt. Field goal upcoming.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:22 PM
I think Romo optioned out of the run call there, and that's what we got as a result. He was too busy reading the defense.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:24 PM
Field goal no good from 45 yds. out.....false start by Dallas gets them another try 5 yds further out now.

Roughneck93
01-11-2015, 02:24 PM
Damn!

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:25 PM
No good....that one went goofy wide kinda wobbly. They say it was partially touched by the Packer D.

Bullaholic
Baiiley got the shanks....

regaleagle
Now the Pack has just enough time to score before the half.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:26 PM
Roughneck, you're right about them just running it for the first there for lots of reasons.....the clock just being a side one.

Saggy Aggie
01-11-2015, 02:27 PM
Big miss. Let's see if gb can get a quick score

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Sometimes you can try to be too smart for your own good....instead of just playing the percentages and stick with what is working.

Bullaholic
01-11-2015, 02:29 PM
Hey Sag....did u know the ground can cause a completion in GB?

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:30 PM
Here comes the difference in not going for that first down by running it.....time left for this field goal for Green Bay.

Saggy Aggie
01-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Hey Sag....did u know the ground can cause a completion in GB?

No, but INDISPUTABLE evidence to overturn the call? No.

I agree with the 'play stands'

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:33 PM
40 yd field goal is good, naturally. Halftime and 14-10 Dallas. Should be 17-7, but they brain-farted on a couple of plays there when Dallas got it down to the 27.

Farmersfan
01-11-2015, 02:34 PM
I think Romo optioned out of the run call there, and that's what we got as a result. He was too busy reading the defense.

That is the Romo crap that has been the bane of this organization for almost a decade. At the most crucial moments Romo has his head up his ass and fumbles the FG snap........... excuse me, fumbles the snap! That single mistake by Romo might have just caused a 10 point turnaround on the scoreboard but worse than that it caused a major momentum reversal!

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:35 PM
I'm sure whoever is responsible for calling that time out will have a long look in the mirror at halftime.

BwdLion73
01-11-2015, 02:36 PM
Good thing GB came away with points, Troy was getting upset.:cool:

Farmersfan
01-11-2015, 02:38 PM
No, but INDISPUTABLE evidence to overturn the call? No.

I agree with the 'play stands'

Obviously the refs didn't see the replay from behind.... It was indisputable that the ball hit the ground.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Troy tends to "overprotect" his paycheck.....enough said.

Farmersfan
01-11-2015, 02:42 PM
Since it's halftime, did you guys read where the NFL admitted to missing at least 7 calls in the Dallas/Detroit game that helped the Lions? Dallas submitted 10 plays for review and NFL said 7 were obviously missed calls..........

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:43 PM
This time it was the offense and the Coaching staff that didn't do the job.....not the defense. I think the defense did a really good job in the first half.

Bullaholic
01-11-2015, 02:45 PM
Carr is a weak link.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:48 PM
I don't believe that squib kick was done purposely. I think he just missed the ball with his technique on that kickoff.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:49 PM
I think it will be fourth and very short here. NOPE...firstdown for the Pack to start the 2nd half possession here.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:51 PM
3rd and 7 now from the Pack 47.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:51 PM
DAllas D holds here.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:52 PM
Cowboys will start from their own 20 here to start their first possession of the 2nd half. A long sustained drive for another TD is what they need.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:53 PM
But a field goal will not be a bad trade-off....just to maintain at least a 7 point difference.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 02:56 PM
Field position here is a big deal early in the 2nd. Cowboys need to move the ball to at least midfield.

Farmersfan
01-11-2015, 02:59 PM
nobody gonna comment of Romo throwing the ball with his eyes closed?

Farmersfan
01-11-2015, 03:08 PM
Both teams hurting themselves with penalties and turnovers..............

Roughneck93
01-11-2015, 03:15 PM
Way to respond....

Bullaholic
01-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Dallas O line wearing on em'. Murray runs with a vengance after he fumbles.

Bullaholic
01-11-2015, 03:18 PM
This is the Gimpy Bowl.

Farmersfan
01-11-2015, 03:20 PM
that could have been huge. We got to get those loose balls.

Farmersfan
01-11-2015, 03:21 PM
Dallas O line wearing on em'. Murray runs with a vengance after he fumbles.

One more hold by the D and another score for Dallas could ice this game.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 03:22 PM
Had to get the food put out in the living room, but have been watching it all.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 03:24 PM
Chips, dips, veggies, tamales are good, roast beef sandwiches w/au jus(eye of round roast I made).

Bullaholic
01-11-2015, 03:26 PM
Chips, dips, veggies, tamales are good, roast beef sandwiches w/au jus(eye of round roast I made).

Address? :D

Bullaholic
01-11-2015, 03:29 PM
Cowboys better start taking some blitz chances or its gonna be stay home.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 03:30 PM
maybe I should go back in the kitchen.

Farmersfan
01-11-2015, 03:32 PM
Aikman is a idiot. HE said Dallas would make a mistake if they bring pressure on Rogers. I disagree! Rogers will pick them apart all day if they let him stand there with no pressure.

Farmersfan
01-11-2015, 03:33 PM
Now Romo pulls a Rogers and holds the ball for a 10 yard loss! That's about as stupid as he could get. Just throw the damn ball away!!!!!

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 03:34 PM
Exactly FF.....put pressure on Rodgers. That's the key to a win today for the Cowboys. Our secondary is no match for their recievers with pinpoint passing.

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2015, 03:37 PM
Now Romo pulls a Rogers and holds the ball for a 10 yard loss! That's about as stupid as he could get. Just throw the damn ball away!!!!!

throw it where?

Farmersfan
01-11-2015, 03:37 PM
And again?

Farmersfan
01-11-2015, 03:39 PM
throw it where?

It's called AWAY!!!!!!!! There is NO EXCUSE for a sack after holding the ball for 5 seconds. Romo just did it twice in a row. Remember this next week when I'm ranting about him....................

Bullaholic
01-11-2015, 03:40 PM
Poor tackling hurting.

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2015, 03:41 PM
It's called AWAY!!!!!!!! There is NO EXCUSE for a sack after holding the ball for 5 seconds. Romo just did it twice in a row. Remember this next week when I'm ranting about him....................

you cannot just throw it away when in pocket.

Saggy Aggie
01-11-2015, 03:46 PM
:-) :-)

Bullaholic
Blitz dangit! At least go down swinging instead of waiting for it to happen...

83Indian
I'm afraid Dallas may just have let this slip away. Critical miscues at end of 1st half and Murray fumble that was probably going to be a td results in at least a 14 point swing. Let's see if they can finish the fight.

Saggy Aggie

You can throw it into the dirt in front of a receiver

Farmersfan
01-11-2015, 03:48 PM

Yea, because we all know NFL QBs haven't been throwing away footballs to avoid sacks for the last........ oh I don't know.... maybe a BILLION F'RICIN YEARS! Romo just handed the Packers all the momentum in this game and you see what they just did. Same result as the first half when Romo brain farts and caused at least a 6 point turnaround. (maybe a 10 point). Face it! Romo crapped the bed on that last possession.

Saggy Aggie
01-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Romo time......

Farmersfan
01-11-2015, 03:53 PM
And before you say anything I know the Murray fumble hurt this team but Romo's mistakes aren't caused by the other team. They are brain farts he creates by himself. And he just did it again for the 3rd time in 2 possessions! You can't take losses on sacks...............

Saggy Aggie
01-11-2015, 03:56 PM
Holy crap.... Dez on 4th down with the season on the line.....

Getting reviewed but IMO.... That's a catch. No doubt

Impressive snag

Farmersfan
01-11-2015, 03:58 PM
I can't remember ever seeing a more stupid play to call on 4th and 2 yards in a playoff game with 4 minutes left.

Roughneck93
01-11-2015, 03:58 PM
Wow...

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 03:59 PM
That's a highly, highly debatable call with Dez taking 2 steps before going to the ground. He had control prior to going to the ground with the catch.

Saggy Aggie
01-11-2015, 04:00 PM
Didn't see the ball pop out when he rolled over earlier

Still not sure I agree. I think he made a football move by trying to stretch it over the goalline. I would've let the play stand

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 04:01 PM
If anything it's a fumble that he recovered or the ground can't cause a fumble. As usual, the refs ruled in favor of the home team, and Mike P can stick it in his ear.

Bullaholic
01-11-2015, 04:02 PM
Time for Dandy Don to sing...

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 04:02 PM
It's over now for the Cowboys. It was a great, great catch and we get bullshit from the refs.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 04:04 PM
Is it any wonder why the Pack hasn't lost at home this season with calls like that? This one will eventually prove to be another wrong call against the Cowboys. There's just no love for the Cowboys any more in the NFL.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Actually, the field refs made the correct call.....it was the booth refs that overturned the call on the review in favor of the Pack. I just do not agree with that call....regardless of who the team was. We have been told time and again as long as a football move(2 steps with control) occurs, then the catch is deemed to be good.

83Indian
01-11-2015, 04:08 PM
Dez call is controversial. Dallas hasn't played very well against a hobbled Rogers. They should have been in control of this game

Saggy Aggie
01-11-2015, 04:09 PM
Is it any wonder why the Pack hasn't lost at home this season with calls like that? This one will eventually prove to be another wrong call against the Cowboys. There's just no love for the Cowboys any more in the NFL.

Lol, just last week we were talking about how dallas got SEVEN controversial calls in their favor

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 04:09 PM
The whole world is a political mess....even in professional football. May as well get out your fishing gear and forget it. Life is too short for this kind of living.

Bullaholic
01-11-2015, 04:10 PM
Great season Cowboys!

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 04:11 PM
And Troyboy.....you can stick your paycheck in your ear too, as far as I'm concerned.

Macarthur
01-11-2015, 04:11 PM
What an awful way to lose.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 04:12 PM
Jason Garrett did not earn his paycheck, for sure.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 04:13 PM
Of course, we'll never know if Romo would have or would not have.....they didn't give him the chance to prove his mettle next week against the Seahawks. Seattle will kill the Pack, imo. The Cowboys would have been a better matchup next week.

Saggy Aggie
01-11-2015, 04:14 PM
Quick, everyone hate jerry jones again

Saggy Aggie
01-11-2015, 04:14 PM
What an awful way to lose.

Fantastic way to lose IMO

Only thing that could've been better is a romo int to seal it

83Indian
01-11-2015, 04:16 PM
Seriously, Dallas should have won going away. They didn't put the game away at half like they should have. A healthy Rogers blows them out anyways.

Macarthur
01-11-2015, 04:16 PM
Fantastic way to lose IMO

Only thing that could've been better is a romo int to seal it

Real classy, saggy. Go back to following your pathetic franchise.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 04:17 PM
Going for it on 4th and short was more than likey the right call....even if the long pass to Dez was somewhat questionable for a short 2 yds.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 04:19 PM
Mike P is basically explaining a "political" cover up on the call, naturally. Cover your ass is the name of that game.

PhiI C
01-11-2015, 04:22 PM
Smokescreen. He will be playing.

I told you all.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 04:22 PM
They can talk all they want about the Pack and how "wonderful" they looked with Aaron Rodgers limited, but the fact of the matter is you can't and won't get past this controversy until next week's game.

PhiI C
01-11-2015, 04:23 PM
Romo is running out of time. It looks like he will not go the way of Roger or Troy but be classed with Dandy Don, Craig and Andy. :(

83Indian
01-11-2015, 04:24 PM
Well when the actuall football experts (coaches, former, and current players) say it's a catch, it is unbelievable they overturn that. Usually you only overturn on clear evidence. And what about that trap catch at the end of the half? Fox clearly shows tip of ball hit the ground. I agree with regale. Home field political bs

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 04:24 PM
Not sure JG will get a raise, or even get an extension now. Can't really let Romo go, and Jerry won't blame him for anything. But JG is a different story.

SintonFan_inAustin
01-11-2015, 04:29 PM
Not sure JG will get a raise, or even get an extension now. Can't really let Romo go, and Jerry won't blame him for anything. But JG is a different story.lol!!!! i'm not happy also but they showed they're once again one of the upper teams in the NFL. We got hosed this week but like last week, the chances were there to take control of the game. Give credit to a great effort by both teams. We'll get them next year.

Rip them apart Seahawks!

PhiI C
01-11-2015, 04:31 PM
Go Seahawks! Beat the Pack.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 04:33 PM
Seriously, Dallas should have won going away. They didn't put the game away at half like they should have. A healthy Rogers blows them out anyways.

Maybe....maybe not. Who's to say, but you play with your current healthy members, regardless. Do the Seahawks get an automatic pass next week because Rodgers is limited? NO, they need to show up as a team to win.

Saggy Aggie
01-11-2015, 04:48 PM
Real classy, saggy. Go back to following your pathetic franchise.

Hahaha mad Cowpie fans

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 04:51 PM
I will admit I certainly had every thought and feeling the Cowboys would come into Green Bay today and show more than they did. I do believe some mistakes were made by the coaches on the sideline and certainly Romo didn't play like you would expect a frontline qb to play at this juncture of the playoff scenario. He did make some plays, but so does losers on many teams in all the games. I would have trouble rating him any better than Andy Dalton right now....and that's a turnaround in my viewpoint from seasons past. I'm just calling it like I'm seeing it on the field now. His days ARE definitely numbered now as the Dallas Cowboy qb of even the forseeable future, IMHO.

BwdLion73
01-11-2015, 04:58 PM
Pretty good season for what was perceived to be 8 and 8 at best. Just as we pointed out the Lions should have done more when they had the chance...so should we. I was thinking the odds were pretty good that Rodgers would have drove down in the remaining time to score at the end.

Bottom line is Troy is in the locker room of the Packers and is excited about Rodgers liminted movement! LOL

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 04:58 PM
Speaking of fishing.....I guess Romo is now top tradebait for the offseason, huh?

Macarthur
01-11-2015, 05:01 PM
I will admit I certainly had every thought and feeling the Cowboys would come into Green Bay today and show more than they did. I do believe some mistakes were made by the coaches on the sideline and certainly Romo didn't play like you would expect a frontline qb to play at this juncture of the playoff scenario. He did make some plays, but so does losers on many teams in all the games. I would have trouble rating him any better than Andy Dalton right now....and that's a turnaround in my viewpoint from seasons past. I'm just calling it like I'm seeing it on the field now. His days ARE definitely numbered now as the Dallas Cowboy qb of even the forseeable future, IMHO.

No better than Andy dalton? Are you kidding?

Wow.

You do realize he had 4 incompletions and one was the overturn on dez. Had a 145 passer rating and he gets labeled as Andy dalton.

Of course, no one is taking about murrays fumble. That was a ten point swing. Murray would have scored on that and Rodgers goes down and gets a fg. That was the most critical play o the game. No question.

Macarthur
01-11-2015, 05:03 PM
Hahaha mad Cowpie fans

No. Not mad. Its pathetic for Texans fans to come on a Cowboys thread and talk trash after a divisional playoff game.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 05:05 PM
You have to look past the qb rating at some point when you're talking about a championship caliber team, and start looking at decision-making and leadership. Sure he has the talent to match up.....but he's not bringing it to the forefront and he's been banged up for a few years now. He's getting quite a bit older for a front line qb in the NFL now as well. Time to open up your analysis and put down the stat book.

bobcat1
01-11-2015, 05:07 PM
Bottom line is Troy is in the locker room of the Packers and is excited about Rodgers liminted movement! LOLHe certainly gushes over him. I always heard rumors about Troy and the same rumors about Aaron. Ya think??

bobcat1
01-11-2015, 05:11 PM
That's a highly, highly debatable call with Dez taking 2 steps before going to the ground. He had control prior to going to the ground with the catch.He actually took 3, changed hands with the ball and stretched for the endzone. Any of the 3 count as a football move. There were so many tackles by the Green Bay O-Line today I was confused as to which team had the ball on offense. This was definite make up calls for last weeks refs. Neither team will beat Seattle nor will any team from the AFC.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 05:13 PM
Brady got by this week, but even he is having trouble with the age thing. Today's NFL is filled with young, quick, physically perfect athletic behemoths. Experience is your best defense, but so is youth, health, and ability to have your linemen watching your back. I'm not sure Romo has that "all-in" leadership role he once did....and I think it shows on the field now in many ways.

Macarthur
01-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Also defense gave up 9 3rd down conversions. Some of them long. Had them 2nd and 20 on one of the TD drives. Defense 2nd half was not good. Also never blitzed.

Macarthur
01-11-2015, 05:19 PM
And I can't believe someone might suggest JG shouldn't be back. Are you kidding me?

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 05:25 PM
I like JG, but he didn't get the job done this season with a very very good Cowboy team, and did make an inexplicable call on that time out right before half when the Cowboys were rolling. Every armchair qb and coach in America knows not to take a time out there. Not sure what other areas are lacking in his domain, but I'm certain there are plenty. In the end, it all comes down to money though, and he is in the midrange of payscale for NFL Head Coaches. But at some point an owner may just be forced to look elsewhere....like in the case of the Dallas Cowboys. There is a job waiting for JG in the NFL if he were to be let go, for certain. All of this same thinking goes for Romo as well.

Macarthur
01-11-2015, 05:26 PM
Didn't get it done?! Are you insane?

Macarthur
01-11-2015, 05:27 PM
I'm a cowboy fan and sometimes I can't stand Cowboys fans.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 05:31 PM
I've been a devout Cowboys fan longer than you have Mac, and have agreed with your assessments all along. I'm just looking at all the options, results, and variables right now and the way the NFL has evolved even in the last 5 years.

Macarthur
01-11-2015, 05:32 PM
What options are you looking at?

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 05:34 PM
Too early to say, but there are always options when your Jerry Jones.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 05:36 PM
I really don't even have a problem keeping either Romo, JG or both....none whatsoever. I'm just saying something has to change to take this team into a new era.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 05:38 PM
A good quality, young backup to groom would be an excellent start.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 05:40 PM
And let him compete for the job on an even basis....in the preseason as well as thru the season.

Macarthur
01-11-2015, 05:41 PM
A good quality, young backup to groom would be an excellent start.

No problem with that. what options at coach are you talking about?

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 05:47 PM
You probably have a better feel and knowledge base for a viable answer to that question than I do Mac. Let me let you answer your own question.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 05:50 PM
At the moment I don't have an answer, but we are only discussing possibilities and options if they were to come up.

Macarthur
01-11-2015, 05:53 PM
You probably have a better feel and knowledge base for a viable answer to that question than I do Mac. Let me let you answer your own question.

I think you pony up and pay JG. He has grown into a good nfl coach. He took this team to 12-4 and was a bad officials call from getting his team in the nfc championship game. His teams play hard for him. I've never seen this team quit on him. You draft a couple more defensive players and a RB and you try to make a run next year. JG is your BESt option. Period.

Why would you want to start over now that he's actually built something? I just can't even begin to understand why you even contemplate that

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 05:54 PM
you mean a couple more defensive players and another RB??? or do you mean a quality qb?

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Was that a typo?

Saggy Aggie
01-11-2015, 06:07 PM
No. Not mad. Its pathetic for Texans fans to come on a Cowboys thread and talk trash after a divisional playoff game.

Lol so mad

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Saggie you remind me of an irritable mosquito in my bedroom right when I'm trying to go to sleep, lol.

YTBulldogs
01-11-2015, 06:32 PM
Live by Murray and Bryant all season, die by their two booboo plays too.

1.) Murray get's striped when he had a 50 yard TD run before him. No one in front of him to EZ.
2.) Dez has to hang onto ball when going to ground at 1 yard line.

Either of these play's completed, Cowboy's win IMO.

regaleagle
01-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Dez DID complete the play. That's why the call will be highly controversial. He did everything the definition states for being a legal catch. But the booth officials "interpreted" or over-stepped the boundaries on the meaning of a legal catch and reversed the call on the field.....which was the correct call. They made a big boo-boo by trying to "flex their muscle" in a big call IN Green Bay. They would not have made the same call or interpretation 90% of the time, imo. In fact, I've seen similar calls go contested but the review was ruled a catch. Most NFL fans watch enough football and reviews to know what the proper call should have been on that particular play.....they've seen this ruling before. Dez did everything required for the catch to be ruled a legal catch, regardless of what "political correctness" position the talking heads will take now that the ruling has been made and the effects of that ruling on the outcome of the game. Just a very poor decision from THE source now that the NFL will defend.....for the good of the game, haha.

Saggy Aggie
01-11-2015, 07:13 PM
Saggie you remind me of an irritable mosquito in my bedroom right when I'm trying to go to sleep, lol.

Thats the goal Regal.

Also, cowboys win if Bailey hits that FG. Theyd have had 24 and GB likely wouldnt have managed their FG if they hadnt gotten the ball on the 40 with 30 seconds left. Lets say they get the ball on the 20/25, probably no score.

6 pt swing in the game. Dallas lost by 5.

Macarthur
01-11-2015, 07:28 PM
Was that a typo?

No. Romo is not going anywhere. So we need to end that debate before it even gets started this off season. Even if you wanted to, you can't get rid of him.

I said RB because you can't sign dez and Murray both to long term deals. You have to pick. For me, that's a no brainer . Dez.

Wonkas_Willy
01-11-2015, 07:33 PM
This year was a lot like the 91 Cowboys, good but need a Pass rusher and Secondary help.... We will see if we can improve and make a run the next few years. Now about the DEZ catch, and it was a catch at ANY LEVEL from back yard ball, Jr High, HS, College, Canadian League and SHOULD be in NFL too. He caught it, made 3 steps, dove tucked, stretched out for end zone and when it did bobble ( shouldn't of mattered because he already exhibited football moves) he flipped over and still caught it, not like Calvin Johnson where ball just rolls around DEZ ended up with the ball and the ground did not " assist" him in catching it. THATS A CATCH. Now, we prolly still lose because we couldn't stop their 5 wide ( no RB's on the field) We didn't adjust, had fat LB's covering receivers and it burned us...MATCHUP!!! put Safety's at LB and put every cover guy you have out there...Heck make Dez,Williams and our white receiver go cover if ya have to but DON'T LET THEM PUT THEIR WR'S ON OUR LB'S....

Eagle 1
01-11-2015, 08:27 PM
RIPPED OFF... Just do away with the damn instant replay and challenge flags since they get MOST of them wrong anyway.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/24yqs5g.jpg

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264high/896C9E2C671166165593381343232_SW_WEBM_142100970713 65bb3a91e72.mp4?versionId=lodIL92hzgwVuSW2_.jOwQ8M i0iLWUH2

Wonkas_Willy
01-11-2015, 08:53 PM
Crazy... That was a catch

YTBulldogs
01-11-2015, 09:00 PM
My issue is this. The official made his call. Ruled, a catch. Replay official had IMO, not enough to over rule the call on the field.

Wonkas_Willy
01-11-2015, 09:10 PM
agree YT

83Indian
01-11-2015, 09:23 PM
Really having a hard time with this loss. Been so long since Dallas mattered, I actually was beginning to believe. In retrospect, Dallas really played a poor game today. Forget the blown dez call, we should have been up 21 to 7 at half and probably up by another 10 from the Murray fumble. You rarely get this chance and especially with arguably the best qb in football significantly hurt, you have to put more pressure on him. Players and coaches all have no one to blame but themselves. It was there for the taking and they blew it.

Rocket Man
01-11-2015, 10:02 PM
Neither team will beat Seattle nor will any team from the AFC.

I disagree, mostly because of the what I'd call the Belichick factor. Of course the Pats do have to beat the Colts first.

Macarthur
01-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Couple of things were huge.

Pass rush disappeared in 2nd half.
Rodgers led TD drives of 90 and 80 yards to finish the game.
Cowboys D allowed 9 3rd down conversions.
Murray fumble was a 10 point swing.
Bailey missed FG was a 6 point swing.

Tejastrue
01-12-2015, 12:10 AM
Let's keep this in perspective folks. I think most had the Boys picked to finish last in their division. Yeah, it made me a bit nauseous for the game to end like it did but this team is being built to compete for years to come...if Jerry has any sense left in that brain of his...the coaching staff and core/key players will remain. That OL is going to be a dominant force for years to come and I'm really looking forward to next season. That feels good to be able to say that again..yet I'm already hearing rumors that Marinelli is headed to Tampa Bay. Bottom line is the Cowboys are a factor once again. Go Cowboys!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview14/story/_/id/11318059/2014-nfl-predictions-national-contributors

pancho villa
01-12-2015, 09:17 AM
I love listening to the boy’s fans crying like a bunch of little girls.
Last week y’all got a huge call in your favor, this week tough luck.
Dez Bryant is a loser

Bullaholic
01-12-2015, 09:59 AM
Dez Bryant is a loser

Winning teams sometimes have this problem in things like the playoffs, pancho---others---not so much...

Macarthur
01-12-2015, 10:04 AM
Dez Bryant is a loser

No, losers are people that go onto another teams threads and talk trash. Pathetic.

Farmersfan
01-12-2015, 10:11 AM
After sleeping on it and realizing I was letting frustration cloud my perspective about Romo's play during the game I decided to wait and post about the game this morning. So here goes: I don't think Romo played that bad. Of course the 145 QB rating is sweet and we can say he didn't throw the interception or have the big mistake that gave Green Bay points. But I stand by my comment that Romo's decision making at times was very questionable and had a huge impact in this game. He failed miserably a few times that doesn't impact QB rating. Nobody can deny Romo audibled OUT OF THE RUN on the 3rd and 1 at the end of the 1st half and thats not neccessarily a bad call because the Packers were stacking the box except he had his head up his arse and didn't catch the snap which turned perhaps a 50/50 chance into basically NO CHANCE! Huge point turnaround as well as huge momentum for Packers at that point. Then late in the second half when Dallas was in a position to regain control of this game twice in a row Romo held the ball far too long and took 2 sacks in a row for a total loss of 19 yards. I would bench a Jr. High QB for doing that! I expect better from a NFL QB! But even with those limited brain farts by Romo this loss was because of one thing: Our Defense didn't get to Rogers. That in my opinion is unacceptable. The Packers 0-line isn't near as highly touted as the Cowboy's 0-line and the Packers D-line isn't anything special but the Packers found ways to get pressure on Romo. We didn't! That falls on the coaches in my opinion.
As far as the future goes I'm not as optimistic as some of you are. Romo is DONE! We got his best shot this past season and it wasn't enough. Anybody who thinks Romo will continue to play at the level he showed this season is fooling themselves. Romo looked like a 90 year man walking around on the field. He could be a very good caretaker QB in my opinion and if Dallas "FIXES" the defense they could win a title. But is it smart to pay a caretaker QB 18 million a year? No way! I don't know what he can do about it but if Jerry let's Dez and/or Murray go because of money but continues to pay Romo 18 million I will lose what little respect I have for him.................

Farmersfan
01-12-2015, 10:13 AM
Let's keep this in perspective folks. I think most had the Boys picked to finish last in their division. Yeah, it made me a bit nauseous for the game to end like it did but this team is being built to compete for years to come...if Jerry has any sense left in that brain of his...the coaching staff and core/key players will remain. That OL is going to be a dominant force for years to come and I'm really looking forward to next season. That feels good to be able to say that again..yet I'm already hearing rumors that Marinelli is headed to Tampa Bay. Bottom line is the Cowboys are a factor once again. Go Cowboys!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview14/story/_/id/11318059/2014-nfl-predictions-national-contributors

Let's not forget they played most of the season with a large portion of their talent on injury list. How awesome will the defense be if Sean Lee returns at his normal level of play with Durant, McClain and others that really stepped up?

Farmersfan
01-12-2015, 10:24 AM
The last Cowboy play to Dez was a heartbreaker for sure. But I have 2 things to say about it. #1. In my opinion Dez made a miraculous catch and bailed the cowboys out on what was probably the stupidest play they could have called at that point in the game and the refs screwed them. #2. There isn't a chance in hell the Cowboys defense would have stopped Green Bay from scoring with 4 minutes left on the clock even if Dallas scores then. They needed to go short to get the 1st and keep the clock running. This week was reversed from last week when Detroit needed to stop Dallas and couldn't, Dallas couldn't stop Green Bay when they had to in order to get the ball back. To give up a 29 yard completion on a 3rd and 15 is unacceptable.................

Macarthur
01-12-2015, 10:59 AM
After sleeping on it and realizing I was letting frustration cloud my perspective about Romo's play during the game I decided to wait and post about the game this morning. So here goes: I don't think Romo played that bad. Of course the 145 QB rating is sweet and we can say he didn't throw the interception or have the big mistake that gave Green Bay points. But I stand by my comment that Romo's decision making at times was very questionable and had a huge impact in this game. He failed miserably a few times that doesn't impact QB rating. Nobody can deny Romo audibled OUT OF THE RUN on the 3rd and 1 at the end of the 1st half and thats not neccessarily a bad call because the Packers were stacking the box except he had his head up his arse and didn't catch the snap which turned perhaps a 50/50 chance into basically NO CHANCE! Huge point turnaround as well as huge momentum for Packers at that point.

I don't think you can say he checked out of a run because they broke the huddle in a shotgun. If they were going to run that, I don't like running out of the shotgun formation because that's not Murray's strength.

I think it's fair to say that Romo could have thrown the ball away a few times, but I think he was highly focused on not turning the ball over. A sack is certainly better than a TO. Romo had no bearing on the missed FG. That was a very makeable distance. He got his team down in a position to get points. That 6 point swing was huge and it worries me going forward on Bailey. He hasn't looked right the last half of the year.

Then late in the second half when Dallas was in a position to regain control of this game twice in a row Romo held the ball far too long and took 2 sacks in a row for a total loss of 19 yards. I would bench a Jr. High QB for doing that! I expect better from a NFL QB! But even with those limited brain farts by Romo this loss was because of one thing: Our Defense didn't get to Rogers. That in my opinion is unacceptable. The Packers 0-line isn't near as highly touted as the Cowboy's 0-line and the Packers D-line isn't anything special but the Packers found ways to get pressure on Romo. We didn't! That falls on the coaches in my opinion.

The defense played pretty well the first half, but didn't come close to making a play the second half. They had a hobbled Rodgers and Lacy had an asthema attack and wasn't 100%. Huge opportunity for the defense to dial up pressure. I agree the defensive staff had a horrible 2nd half.

As far as the future goes I'm not as optimistic as some of you are. Romo is DONE! We got his best shot this past season and it wasn't enough. Anybody who thinks Romo will continue to play at the level he showed this season is fooling themselves. Romo looked like a 90 year man walking around on the field. He could be a very good caretaker QB in my opinion and if Dallas "FIXES" the defense they could win a title. But is it smart to pay a caretaker QB 18 million a year? No way! I don't know what he can do about it but if Jerry let's Dez and/or Murray go because of money but continues to pay Romo 18 million I will lose what little respect I have for him.................

Maybe. Hard to tell about backs. It's probably safe to say it isn't going to get better. However, it might not be out of the question to think a full offseason of rest, rehab, core, etc. might allow him to maintain this level for another year or two. As for the salary, Romo is around 8th in the league in avg salary. He is right there with the market value for a good NFL QB. You need to move past that.

If Bailey makes the FG and Murray doesn't fumble, he leads this team to most likely 31 points on the road in Lambeau. That shouild be enough to win with an iffy Rodgers w no running game.

Macarthur
01-12-2015, 11:00 AM
The last Cowboy play to Dez was a heartbreaker for sure. But I have 2 things to say about it. #1. In my opinion Dez made a miraculous catch and bailed the cowboys out on what was probably the stupidest play they could have called at that point in the game and the refs screwed them. #2. There isn't a chance in hell the Cowboys defense would have stopped Green Bay from scoring with 4 minutes left on the clock even if Dallas scores then. They needed to go short to get the 1st and keep the clock running. This week was reversed from last week when Detroit needed to stop Dallas and couldn't, Dallas couldn't stop Green Bay when they had to in order to get the ball back. To give up a 29 yard completion on a 3rd and 15 is unacceptable.................

I don't think that's a miraculous catch. He's made several of those this year.

The rest I agree with. I like running there at 3rd and 1 because they needed a first down and needed to not give GB any time. agree 100% there.

Macarthur
01-12-2015, 11:02 AM
The bottom line is the 6 point swing at the end of the first half and the 10 point swing on the Murray fumble were the diff in the game.

Farmersfan
01-12-2015, 11:19 AM
If Bailey makes the FG and Murray doesn't fumble, he leads this team to most likely 31 points on the road in Lambeau. That shouild be enough to win with an iffy Rodgers w no running game.

It makes no sense to assume what would have happened several mintues down the road. You cannot assume the Cowboys score if Murray doesn't fumble. It appears he had nothing but open field but I've seen him run down a lot when breaking through the line. It is just as likely they don't score and the outcome isn't changed that much. but I agree the Murray fumble was huge because it gave Green Bay the ball at midfield AND a ton of momentum. Those are killers. But I repeat what I said earlier. Murray's fumble was caused by another player knocking the ball out of his hands. Romo's mistakes were self inflicted. His internal clock malfunctioned on those plays. I can promise you NOBODY on his coaching staff has ever told Romo to "hold the ball for 4 seconds and if nobody is open take the sack"! And it wasn't me who said Romo audibled out of the run on that play. You can clearly hear him doing so and all the commentators said Romo changed the play...................... Again, I don't think changing it from a run to a short pass is really that bad of a call but make damn sure to execute the play if you are going to change it and the long throw to the endzone isn't an acceptable alternative in my opinion. It's low percentage and in a game where possession is max priority it's even worse!

Farmersfan
01-12-2015, 11:21 AM
I don't think that's a miraculous catch. He's made several of those this year.

Yea, and he also DIDN'T make way more of those catches. Those throws are the probably the LEAST reliable of all possible options!

Txbroadcaster
01-12-2015, 11:25 AM
It makes no sense to assume what would have happened several mintues down the road. You cannot assume the Cowboys score if Murray doesn't fumble. It appears he had nothing but open field but I've seen him run down a lot when breaking through the line. It is just as likely they don't score and the outcome isn't changed that much. but I agree the Murray fumble was huge because it gave Green Bay the ball at midfield AND a ton of momentum. Those are killers. But I repeat what I said earlier. Murray's fumble was caused by another player knocking the ball out of his hands. Romo's mistakes were self inflicted. His internal clock malfunctioned on those plays. I can promise you NOBODY on his coaching staff has ever told Romo to "hold the ball for 4 seconds and if nobody is open take the sack"! And it wasn't me who said Romo audibled out of the run on that play. You can clearly hear him doing so and all the commentators said Romo changed the play...................... Again, I don't think changing it from a run to a short pass is really that bad of a call but make damn sure to execute the play if you are going to change it and the long throw to the endzone isn't an acceptable alternative in my opinion. It's low percentage and in a game where possession is max priority it's even worse!

once again..if QB is in pocket he cannot just throw it away....if he had thrown it and it was an INT you would be complaining that he made a bad throw.

pancho villa
01-12-2015, 11:29 AM
No, losers are people that go onto another teams threads and talk trash. Pathetic.

My favorite NFL team is whoever is playing the Cowboys.
Do all y’all cowboy fans need some cheese to go with your whine?

Macarthur
01-12-2015, 11:35 AM
It makes no sense to assume what would have happened several mintues down the road. You cannot assume the Cowboys score if Murray doesn't fumble. It appears he had nothing but open field but I've seen him run down a lot when breaking through the line. It is just as likely they don't score and the outcome isn't changed that much. but I agree the Murray fumble was huge because it gave Green Bay the ball at midfield AND a ton of momentum. Those are killers. But I repeat what I said earlier. Murray's fumble was caused by another player knocking the ball out of his hands.

Aikman said there was nothing but green in front. Even if he is run down, he's caught at what, the 15. The 5.

Why is 31 points not reasonable. The Murray play was 10 points and the missed FG was a 6 point swing. They scored 21. I think it's pretty safe to say those two plays made at least a 10 point swing in the game.

Romo's mistakes were self inflicted. His internal clock malfunctioned on those plays. I can promise you NOBODY on his coaching staff has ever told Romo to "hold the ball for 4 seconds and if nobody is open take the sack"! And it wasn't me who said Romo audibled out of the run on that play. You can clearly hear him doing so and all the commentators said Romo changed the play......................

Here we go again. What mistakes are you talking about? The fumbled snap was a mistake, no doubt. But is was no where near the back breaker that Murray was because that took points directly off the board. If Romo throws a pick six, you are ready to skin him alive. That's essentially what Murray did.

Again, I don't think changing it from a run to a short pass is really that bad of a call but make damn sure to execute the play if you are going to change it and the long throw to the endzone isn't an acceptable alternative in my opinion. It's low percentage and in a game where possession is max priority it's even worse!

If you go back and watch the vine, the only other option that was maybe open was Beasley. The other options were covered well by GB. The fact is, the play was executed and Romo made an amazing throw and Dez made a fantastic catch. It was overturned because of a ridiculous rule.

Now, I do think the 3rd and 1 play was more a coaching issue because they came out in the shotgun. I don't think they had any intention of running the ball there, and I have a big problem with that.

GrTigers6
01-12-2015, 11:54 AM
The fumble snap was more due to his index finger being hurt than him not paying attention. I believe he had very little feeling in that finger and couldn't sence when the ball was there to close his grip. Yeah probably a little from looking down field too soon but also the finger injury

Emerson1
01-12-2015, 12:42 PM
Too lazy to read the thread. Is FarmersFan finding a way to place the blame on Romo?

Eagle 1
01-12-2015, 12:45 PM
Hindsight is 20/20, but I think Garrett should have called time out on 3rd and 2. He should have told the OC we are going to run the ball and we have two downs to get a first down. We have the leading rusher in the NFL and one of the best lines, so WE ARE GOING TO RUN THE BALL. No audible pass plays period. If we had got the first down, there is no doubt in my mind that we would have scored.

The NFL has became to subjective with too many rules. I like the OLD NFL when real men played and hurting your opponent was part of the game.

Macarthur
01-12-2015, 12:47 PM
Hindsight is 20/20, but I think Garrett should have called time out on 3rd and 2. He should have told the OC we are going to run the ball and we have two downs to get a first down. We have the leading rusher in the NFL and one of the best lines, so WE ARE GOING TO RUN THE BALL. No audible pass plays period. If we had got the first down, there is no doubt in my mind that we would have scored.

The NFL has became to subjective with too many rules. I like the OLD NFL when real men played and hurting your opponent was part of the game.

I agree with this.

Emerson1
01-12-2015, 12:56 PM

That was an issue all season. Even when Romo didn't check out. There were numerous times where it was obvious a pass was called. The offensive, Romo, and Dez made the Callahan, Garrett and Murray look a lot better than what they really are.

regaleagle
01-12-2015, 01:37 PM
Today's NFL is merely a reflection of what our society has become as a whole....what is really isn't and what isn't somehow is. If you took any person that has nothing to do with football whatsoever and let them watch the clip of the Dez catch......I would venture to say 100%(maybe 99%) would say he caught the ball. Then asked if he scored a touchdown after the catch, I would venture to say at least 80% would say he was just short as he stretched for the goalline. Total nonsense as I have now reviewed the play several more times from different angles. Something went off kilter in that booth yesterday, and it is NOT good for the game. Calls like this will HURT this game in the long run, not help make it more fair. I don't want to hear about percentages.....either you can make a correct ruling or you can't. It's enough to drive fans away from the game.....it really is. Like I said before.....life is just too short to devote one's valuable time(and money) to events that have become so controlled that there's really no point in watching anymore.

regaleagle
01-12-2015, 01:53 PM
Now here we are on this site discussing what other aspects of the game caused the Cowboys loss, when in reality the one play that actually changed the outcome is swept under the carpet. Coulda shoulda woulda would not be in today's conversation EXCEPT for the miscall by the booth on the Dez catch. The more I think about what really took place yesterday on that play in Green Bay, the more disdain I have for today's NFL. Proof in the pudding that we have idiots in control....just like we do in the upper echelons of our government. Somewhere along the way it was decided by those in power that an agenda should be followed, and those individuals convinced the masses that their plans would be an improvement. Hahaha.....like fools we gave our consent with little opposition and now you see the "improvement". How's life been treating you lately, huh? Making plenty of money? Do you feel safe? How about security for you and your family? How about your prospects for a bright future? What's that savings account look like? See what I mean? What's this to do with the NFL and football? If you cannot see the parallels then never mind....you're just a sheeple.