PDA

View Full Version : Celina vs Gilmer!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Celina8
12-09-2014, 11:25 AM
My concern is WATER and do we have the Water supply in all of North Texas to handle growth. I feel we are already struggling with water issues now.

CHS_89
12-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Growth will escalate quickly. New home permits are expected to be in excess of 500 per year. There are several communities breaking ground with a total tax base build out of around 10,000 homes. The largest will add to Celina's tax base but is aligned with Prosper ISD. It is my understanding that Celina HS will grow to capacity around 2500 students and then another school will be built toward Weston. Celina is about 9K in population now. I expect that to double in the next 3 years or so. I have a friend that was part of the economic development council and was at a conference in Las Vegas where 135 businesses expressed expansion interest into Celina. We are currently finishing the 4 lane construction all the way through the city. Once complete this will be that match that lights the fuse. I would not be surprised if Celina skips 4A DI and move directly to 5A DII in the next alignment. If not then the one after that for sure. The times are a changin!

You are spot on...Gunter is next. The two lane highway they are finishing opens up the door. Two high schools in Celina is weird to think about. I graduated with 42 in my Sr. class. Times are definately a changing!

lostaussie
12-09-2014, 11:33 AM
My concern is WATER and do we have the Water supply in all of North Texas to handle growth. I feel we are already struggling with water issues now.

Did the freaking game get canceled:D ........growth, and big sandy and rule and union hill and economics and redlights WILL NOT BE involved Friday:D.......carry on

gatordaze
12-09-2014, 11:34 AM

The answer is astroturf! Seriously Celina water is more expensive than beer. My average water bill in Frisco was 50-75 bucks a month and in Celina for the same usage it is $200+

lostaussie
12-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Water is important though in my line of work!!

lostaussie
12-09-2014, 11:35 AM
The answer is astroturf! Seriously Celina water is more expensive than beer. My average water bill in Frisco was 50-75 bucks a month and in Celina for the same usage it is $200+

My beer bill is that much a week:D

gatordaze
12-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Did the freaking game get canceled:D ........growth, and big sandy and rule and union hill and economics and redlights WILL NOT BE involved Friday:D.......carry on

Fair enough, Gilmer rolls in this one, just not enough D1 talent to hold back the Boyd's... I mean Buckeyes

Aggie98
12-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Not at all, it was just built. It is configured for 1500 now and has expansion to 2500 if enrollment dictates. Why would you build a school with no growth potential?

I can buy that..... didn't know the school was new. High school enrollments are pretty stagnant here in ET.

gatordaze
12-09-2014, 11:41 AM
I can buy that..... didn't know the school was new. High school enrollments are pretty stagnant here in ET.

Its because you are all moving to Celina! Should help our speed problems. We really need to build a couple apartment complexes like Prosper did. After that look out!

hollywood
12-09-2014, 11:48 AM

http://www.pbk.com/default/Portfolio/HighSchools/CelinaHS_1.jpg

waterboy
12-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Its because you are all moving to Celina! Should help our speed problems. We really need to build a couple apartment complexes like Prosper did. After that look out!

Section 8 housing in Celina?

gatordaze
12-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Section 8 housing in Celina?

Not that bad, Prosper built some pretty nice apartments and all of a sudden had some pretty talented move ins. Prosper property taxes are restrictive to many families and the apartments are a nice alternative. Celina does not have any new apartments. Other than a limited number of houses and an older apartment building in old Celina, houses start in the mid 150's and up.

waterboy
12-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Not that bad, Prosper built some pretty nice apartments and all of a sudden had some pretty talented move ins. Prosper property taxes are restrictive to many families and the apartments are a nice alternative. Celina does not have any apartments. Other than a limited number of houses in old Celina, houses start in the mid 150's and up.

The 150's is in the middle of housing costs here in East Texas. You can buy a 3BR, 2BA home with 1600 to 2000 sq ft on a nice sized lot in this area for that price.

Celina8
12-09-2014, 12:47 PM
If your child can demonstrate the following potential ....speed, strength, size and a love of sports we offer a Home Loan program called the Bobcat Loan with 0 down, 0 interest until your child graduates then you have to get the hell out of the house so we can move the next family in.

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2014, 12:50 PM

While we are :1offtopc: let me take this opportunity to comment on Gilmer's growth:

:crickets:

In short, there IS no Gilmer growth. In fact, the entire county as of Friday morning will not only have no hospital, but not even an emergency room either. Even the ambulance service is leaving. So be careful if you ever come through Gilmer.

It's bad news, though, for 4A Division II that Gilmer is not growing. I could easily see the GISD enrollment declining a bit from here as time goes on.

However, maybe if that big depression :eek: hits next year, as the Celina poster indicates will happen, people will head to the hills of Upshur County to live off the land.

poisoned10
12-09-2014, 12:53 PM
Hey OM, how do you feel about Celina running the 10-1 defense? :D

hollywood
12-09-2014, 12:57 PM

Heard they're running a 4-3 this week! :eek:

waterboy
12-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Boy..., some people are not very optimistic...:(

I look at it like this..., all I can do is take of my family and myself, give Christ the glory, and live my life without worrying about the rest of this evil world. I don't dwell on all that other stuff. It's the here and now that I try and make the best of. Life has no guarantees so live life to the fullest!;)

Oh, wait! There's a football game Friday night! Yippee!:wave:

Aggie98
12-09-2014, 01:02 PM

I'd go with the 1-10 special.

orange machine
12-09-2014, 01:11 PM

Lol, I really like the defense is certain situations just not this one.

orange machine
12-09-2014, 01:12 PM
It doesnt really matter

orange machine
12-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Boy..., some people are not very optimistic...:(

I look at it like this..., all I can do is take of my family and myself, give Christ the glory, and live my life without worrying about the rest of this evil world. I don't dwell on all that other stuff. It's the here and now that I try and make the best of. Life has no guarantees so live life to the fullest!;)

Oh, wait! There's a football game Friday night! Yippee!:wave:

Im seriously not a doom and gloom person, but I do study a lot of Bible Prophecy. Its extremely fascinating to me.

CHS_89
12-09-2014, 01:15 PM

Nah, we are running the 10-1 flex alpha monster. We've been keeping the monster in his cage this season just for this game. He's been in the 0 down, 0 interest house right now watching film.

CHS_89
12-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Just saw where Blake Lynch of Gilmer has been added to the final 10 nominees for the Avocare V100 Texas Bowl. FYI to the Gilmer peeps. Congrats!

waterboy
12-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Im seriously not a doom and gloom person, but I do study a lot of Bible Prophecy. Its extremely fascinating to me.

That wasn't really directed at you, but this thread was getting pretty gloomy with all the talk about the economy and other stuff we have no control over. When I start feeling negative I just have to remember that God is in control. Yes, for anybody who studies Biblical prophecy, you can actually "see" what's happening, while others will deny it, but we don't control that. Whatever happens happens. I'm not gonna sweat it, so to speak.

Ain't this a FOOTBALL thread? I think it's no accident that both of these teams are in the semis. Both teams do what they do, and do it well. There's really no way to tell how these two will match up on the gridiron. I do think the Buckeyes will be one tough nut to crack for anybody this year. It could happen, but I hope it doesn't. There's nothing but respect for Celina on our end, and I see nothing but respect coming from y'all. It's all good!

Celina8
12-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Back to the game. Man the more I think about this game the more I struggle as I now think we can compete with Gilmer , but can we Win...still not there yet but getting closer. As one poster stated Gladwater did everything about perfect, but I see one flaw, they let Gilmer score 28 points. Offense I think we can score points , but I know we cannot get in anytype of track meet with Gilmer. One of my favorite statments. You cannot out Gilmer Gilmer...love that quote! My concern is no secret. Do we have a good enough Defense to stop Gilmer when it will be needed. Can the Coaches make the right adjustments for any new wrinkles that Gilmer might bring or to stop any hemorraging they might be inflicting on us when they have the ball. Our DC has a very difficult task this week and I just don't know if we have near the weapons needed to stop a team as talented as Gilmer as no one else has either. Right now I think the game will be closer than people think till late then I am looking for a score similar to the Argyle game which was 42 or 45 to 29 if I remember.

CHS_89
12-09-2014, 02:02 PM
Just saw where Blake Lynch of Gilmer has been added to the final 10 nominees for the Avocare V100 Texas Bowl. FYI to the Gilmer peeps. Congrats!

Here's the link to vote: http://www.texasfootball.com/highschool-news/view/181096

movethechain
12-09-2014, 02:07 PM
Back to the game. Man the more I think about this game the more I struggle as I now think we can compete with Gilmer , but can we Win...still not there yet but getting closer. As one poster stated Gladwater did everything about perfect, but I see one flaw, they let Gilmer score 28 points. Offense I think we can score points , but I know we cannot get in anytype of track meet with Gilmer. One of my favorite statments. You cannot out Gilmer Gilmer...love that quote! My concern is no secret. Do we have a good enough Defense to stop Gilmer when it will be needed. Can the Coaches make the right adjustments for any new wrinkles that Gilmer might bring or to stop any hemorraging they might be inflicting on us when they have the ball. Our DC has a very difficult task this week and I just don't know if we have near the weapons needed to stop a team as talented as Gilmer as no one else has either. Right now I think the game will be closer than people think till late then I am looking for a score similar to the Argyle game which was 42 or 45 to 29 if I remember.

Gladewater letting us score another 13 points, to go with 28(?) didn't help them either, especially the last 8. :)

movethechain
12-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Here's the link to vote: http://www.texasfootball.com/highschool-news/view/181096

That is one stout list of talent right there.

waterboy
12-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Gladewater letting us score another 13 points, to go with 28(?) didn't help them either, especially the last 8. :)

Haha..., yeah, it's not a good idea to "let" Gilmer score anything, especially 41 points...:D For all the accolades our offense gets, the DEFENSE ain't half bad, either.

waterboy
12-09-2014, 02:21 PM

As much as Blake Lynch has done for the Buckeyes, my vote would still have to go to Kyler Murray of Allen.

lostaussie
12-09-2014, 02:36 PM
Haha..., yeah, it's not a good idea to "let" Gilmer score anything, especially 41 points...:D For all the accolades our offense gets, the DEFENSE ain't half bad, either.

As good as our offensive is.....in this town nobody remembers the defense. Those kids have played well this season..... Really well. Tell them when you see them. They are A BIG part of this season so far.

waterboy
12-09-2014, 02:45 PM
As good as our offensive is.....in this town nobody remembers the defense. Those kids have played well this season..... Really well. Tell them when you see them. They are A BIG part of this season so far.

I always give credit where credit is due.:clap: They have been phenomenal on DEFENSE this year, especially when you consider they usually have to play more than 2-1/2 quarters every game. Gilmer hasn't won TOP in any game this year.

bobcat1
12-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Water is important though in my line of work!!
Indeed. No Water = No waterbugs. :D

bobcat1
12-09-2014, 02:49 PM
I always give credit where credit is due.:clap: They have been phenomenal on DEFENSE this year, especially when you consider they usually have to play more than 2-1/2 quarters every game. Gilmer hasn't won TOP in any game this year.

Wonder why?:taunt:

lostaussie
12-09-2014, 02:52 PM
Indeed. No Water = No waterbugs. :D

Took me a minute......but I figured it out:thumbsup:

waterboy
12-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Wonder why?:taunt:

:D I'm not complaining! I know Celina will at least win the TOP!:stirpot:

bobcat1
12-09-2014, 03:33 PM
:D I'm not complaining! I know Celina will at least win the TOP!:stirpot:
At least.I think they win something else also. :2thumbsup

buckeyebob
12-09-2014, 03:39 PM
Well I'll be damn! Thanks!!'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do not need to thank someone who will be sending to a bill.

d0tc0m
12-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Well, after reading five pages worth of economy, growth, Big Sandy and Rule garbage just to get caught up, I'm now so sidetracked I can't even remember what I was going to say about this game ...

Oh yeah!

Celina runs the 10-1 Special defense FOR REAL this time and holds Lynch to just one catch for eight yards, as the Bobcats become the first team in 2014 to shutout the Buckeyes! ....

Wait, wait, wait. That's not right ...

Ah, I can't remember what I was gonna say.

buckeyebob
12-09-2014, 03:41 PM

We have water & Dallas is trying to steal it...I think the East Texas Mafia will handle the carpetbaggers

buckeyebob
12-09-2014, 03:43 PM
The 150's is in the middle of housing costs here in East Texas. You can buy a 3BR, 2BA home with 1600 to 2000 sq ft on a nice sized lot in this area for that price.

Or a well done meth kitchen

buckeyebob
12-09-2014, 03:44 PM
If your child can demonstrate the following potential ....speed, strength, size and a love of sports we offer a Home Loan program called the Bobcat Loan with 0 down, 0 interest until your child graduates then you have to get the hell out of the house so we can move the next family in.

There lies the problem...we included that as part of the signing bonus...get on the program

waterboy
12-09-2014, 04:31 PM
At least.I think they win something else also. :2thumbsup

Do they give out awards for leaving before halftime???:eek::1popcorn::taunt:

In that case, yeah, you will win something else!:taunt:

waterboy
12-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Or a well done meth kitchen

I almost forgot..., you're from Latch! Lol!

lostaussie
12-09-2014, 04:36 PM

Most of the time our opponents stay until their band is through...... It's the best part of their night.

waterboy
12-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Most of the time our opponents stay until their band is through...... It's the best part of their night.

You have a good point.:thumbsup:

CelinaCatFan
12-09-2014, 05:46 PM

I heard we applied and were granted a special waiver by the UIL to run a 10-5 special. A representative from the UIL committee that called the emergency meeting commented, "it's only fair to counter that ole East Texas speed!" :stirpot:

waterboy
12-09-2014, 05:48 PM
I heard we applied and were granted a special waiver by the UIL to run a 10-5 special. A representative from the UIL committee that called the emergency meeting commented, "it's only fair to counter that ole East Texas speed!" :stirpot:

You'll need more than that!:stirpot::taunt:

d0tc0m
12-09-2014, 06:30 PM
You'll need more than that!:stirpot::taunt:

Nah. The 4 extra guys should be plenty.

lostaussie
12-09-2014, 06:36 PM
Tuesday workday done.....only 2 and 1/2 more left.

bobcat1
12-09-2014, 07:45 PM

You are in for it now! What the hell is a buckeye anyway? All I can find is this: Buckeye (chicken), a breed of chicken originating in Ohio. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckeye_chicken

Bobcats eat Chickens.

Bennie the Bobcat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjNSHXL_ycw

Well you could be a bunch of little bitty nuts too I guess. :taunt:

bobcat1
12-09-2014, 07:46 PM
http://www.lindajones.org/gallery/d/35555-2/DSC06390.JPG

bobcat1
12-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Here's a Buckeye Chicken

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/52/Walter%2C_Buckeye_Rooster.jpg

CHS_89
12-09-2014, 08:33 PM
Nah. The 4 extra guys should be plenty.

Actually, I was in the field house today and heard we were running the 9-1, just to give Gilmer a chance.

lostaussie
12-09-2014, 08:35 PM
Its not a damn chicken lol its a poison NUT http://www.gourmetmealsforless.com/blog/2010/12/a-bucket-full-of-buckeyes.html DO NOT EAT THEM!!

lostaussie
12-09-2014, 08:38 PM
Actually, I was in the field house today and heard we were running the 9-1, just to give Gilmer a chance.

We need all the hep we can get

CHS_89
12-09-2014, 08:40 PM
We need all the hep we can get

Aussie, after all these years on the DL, I still can't believe Ranger Mom doesn't know what a Sweet Beaver is.

lostaussie
12-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Aussie, after all these years on the DL, I still can't believe Ranger Mom doesn't know what a Sweet Beaver is.

Oh she knows my friend.......she knows:D

toddg
12-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Hey OM, how do you feel about Celina running the 10-1 defense? :Dits a big 10-4 on the 10-1 good buddy!

poisoned10
12-09-2014, 09:15 PM

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/09/c058b9347fde3eee1630ee5e49c56228.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

lostaussie
12-09-2014, 09:20 PM
Good gosh amighty........ I hope Kelleye don't read this:D

bobcat1
12-09-2014, 09:37 PM

Good gosh amighty........ I hope Kelleye don't read this:DRead what? :taunt:

bobcat1
12-09-2014, 09:39 PM
Its not a damn chicken lol its a poison NUT http://www.gourmetmealsforless.com/blog/2010/12/a-bucket-full-of-buckeyes.html DO NOT EAT THEM!! This is straight dope from the Cackle Hatchery. A Buckeye is a Chicken... see? http://www.cacklehatchery.com/page29.htm

CHS_89
12-09-2014, 09:40 PM

Boy...don't you know...big T-rig up in then reeds...get your arm broke off on Lake Gilmer.

lostaussie
12-09-2014, 09:42 PM
Boy...don't you know...big T-rig up in then reeds...get your arm broke off on Lake Gilmer.

Big honkers in there!!

bobcat1
12-09-2014, 09:44 PM
Big honkers in there!!Geese? We were talkin' about Chickens. Gilmer Chickens. :taunt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI7ni7zL8qU

bobcat1
12-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Caught that Buckeye! Dinner time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCdqkFnfpqk

RPF2666
12-10-2014, 08:31 AM
Go Bobby, Go!!! :2thumbsup

buckeyebob
12-10-2014, 09:12 AM
I almost forgot..., you're from Latch! Lol!

and? Dairy business sucks...got the chicken/egg deal going...got to always look ahead...and you could get a real nice one

buckeyebob
12-10-2014, 09:26 AM
Its not a damn chicken lol its a poison NUT http://www.gourmetmealsforless.com/blog/2010/12/a-bucket-full-of-buckeyes.html DO NOT EAT THEM!!

Now that all are educated on Buckeyes...Ohio State is a Jonny Come Lately Buckeye...sometime in the 40's...Gilmer in 1929 in a game with Gladewater...some locals had some Good Luck Buckeyes with 'em @ the game... when asked about 'em, the told 'em they were Lucky Buckeyes...after a 77-0 stomp down (trivia: 101-0 on Henderson the year before), the G'water guys were heard complaining about those "Damn Buckeyes".

So, you must watch for the poisonous nuts...not only did they write the book on East Texas Speed (and it kills), you gootta watch out for the poison (and it kills)...this ain't goona be good for a kitty kat...(poor, poor kitty)

waterboy
12-10-2014, 09:31 AM
Now that all are educated on Buckeyes...Ohio State is a Jonny Come Lately Buckeye...sometime in the 40's...Gilmer in 1929 in a game with Gladewater...some locals had some Good Luck Buckeyes with 'em @ the game... when asked about 'em, the told 'em they were Lucky Buckeyes...after a 77-0 stomp down (trivia: 101-0 on Henderson the year before), the G'water guys were heard complaining about those "Damn Buckeyes".

So, you must watch for the poisonous nuts...not only did they write the book on East Texas Speed (and it kills), you gootta watch out for the poison (and it kills)...this ain't goona be good for a kitty kat...(poor, poor kitty)

Yes, Gilmer was the first to come up with the Buckeye mascot, beating out Ohio State by a few years. Gilmer is still the only Buckeyes in the country. Those kitty cats from Selina will get a heavy dose of Buckeye poison.:D

lostaussie
12-10-2014, 10:11 AM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag449/tskeeter1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_27498062318129_zpsumbaywsr.jpeg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tskeeter1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_27498062318129_zpsumbaywsr.jpeg.html)

lostaussie
12-10-2014, 10:17 AM
I just can't figure this picture thing out. I can see it on my phone but not on my computer. Can anybody else see it. All I got is a dot.

waterboy
12-10-2014, 10:19 AM
That's one COOL pic, lostaussie!

"One for all, All for 8"

DEZign8!

waterboy
12-10-2014, 10:20 AM
I just can't figure this picture thing out. I can see it on my phone but not on my computer. Can anybody else see it. All I got is a dot.

It's here on the internet. You sure you don't need glasses?:D

44INAROW
12-10-2014, 10:27 AM
so I am confused lol (what's new) where in the heck are y'all playing?

waterboy
12-10-2014, 10:28 AM
so I am confused lol (what's new) where in the heck are y'all playing?

Ford Stadium on the campus of SMU at 7:30 Friday.

waterboy
12-10-2014, 10:45 AM
For all you folks that live in the metromess...

I'll be coming into Dallas about 3 to 3:30. Should I exit off of I-30 onto North Munger, follow it to where it changes to Greenville Ave., then to Mockingbird, or should I just fight the backlog of traffic on North Central?

gatordaze
12-10-2014, 10:58 AM
For all you folks that live in the metromess...

I'll be coming into Dallas about 3 to 3:30. Should I exit off of I-30 onto North Munger, follow it to where it changes to Greenville Ave., then to Mockingbird, or should I just fight the backlog of traffic on North Central?

At that time, I would just take 30 west to 75 north and exit Mockingbird west. 30 inbound should be easy and you will not be on 75 but a few miles.

waterboy
12-10-2014, 11:09 AM
At that time, I would just take 30 west to 75 north and exit Mockingbird west. 30 inbound should be easy and you will not be on 75 but a few miles.

The only problem with that is I will be heading north (outbound, right). I used to live in Dallas, but it's been a long time ago. I only go into Dallas 2 to 3 times a year, usually. I just hate the possibility of a traffic jam.

lostaussie
12-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Leave at 11.....like me:D

waterboy
12-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Leave at 11.....like me:D

:foul:

Don't you have a job???

By the way, you need to get over here and get your Christmas present!:D

bobcat1
12-10-2014, 12:13 PM
:foul:

Don't you have a job???

By the way, you need to get over here and get your Christmas present!:D
He does but Boat sales are slow right now.

On a side note, we already have 8. 9 will be fine!:2thumbsup

lostaussie
12-10-2014, 12:40 PM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag449/tskeeter1/GIF%20Maker/IMG_605929355339589_zpsurmbuxuz.jpeg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tskeeter1/media/GIF%20Maker/IMG_605929355339589_zpsurmbuxuz.jpeg.html)

lostaussie
12-10-2014, 12:41 PM
I am gonna be dangerous now.....I have figured out pictures after 10 years:D

lostaussie
12-10-2014, 12:43 PM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag449/tskeeter1/GIF%20Maker/IMG_59447974100592_zps14ef5wox.jpeg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tskeeter1/media/GIF%20Maker/IMG_59447974100592_zps14ef5wox.jpeg.html)

poisoned10
12-10-2014, 12:48 PM
This is my wallpaper on my computer at work . . .

lostaussie
12-10-2014, 01:03 PM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag449/tskeeter1/GIF%20Maker/IMG_12024652869877_zpsm4xa5pwv.jpeg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tskeeter1/media/GIF%20Maker/IMG_12024652869877_zpsm4xa5pwv.jpeg.html)

waterboy
12-10-2014, 01:47 PM
He does but Boat sales are slow right now.

On a side note, we already have 8. 9 will be fine!:2thumbsup

I know what he does, lol! He's a client. Looks like y'all will have to wait at least another year for the "9".:D

bobcat1
12-10-2014, 02:55 PM
I can't see Aussie's pictures until I get home. Domain blocked :rolleyes: Stupid work. Probably best anyway.

bobcat1
12-10-2014, 02:55 PM
I know what he does, lol! He's a client. Looks like y'all will have to wait at least another year for the "9".:D Wait... what? In Celina the team is into immediate gratification. :2thumbsup

waterboy
12-10-2014, 02:59 PM
Wait... what? In Celina the team is into immediate gratification. :2thumbsup

:eek: What? That's waaay TMI!:eek::1omg!:

buckeyebob
12-10-2014, 03:50 PM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag449/tskeeter1/GIF%20Maker/IMG_605929355339589_zpsurmbuxuz.jpeg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tskeeter1/media/GIF%20Maker/IMG_605929355339589_zpsurmbuxuz.jpeg.html)

Sweet...very nice

bobcat1
12-10-2014, 04:21 PM
:eek: What? That's waaay TMI!:eek::1omg!:

Sicko!

LHPfactory
12-10-2014, 04:21 PM
This will be the Friday of the Underdogs, Celina wins, LH wins....

bobcat1
12-10-2014, 04:43 PM
I like that and both LH and Celina know how!:2thumbsup

bobcat1
12-10-2014, 04:48 PM
Now that the poll shows 38 - 14 favoring Gilmer. I want to change my vote. Celina wins and advances to another State Championship game! Nice run Gilmer. Football games are won in the trenches. :wave:

poisoned10
12-10-2014, 04:53 PM
Now that the poll shows 38 - 14 favoring Gilmer. I want to change my vote. Celina wins and advances to another State Championship game! Nice run Gilmer. Football games are won in the trenches. :wave:

Be sure to remind Gladewater of that.

RPF2666
12-10-2014, 05:11 PM
I have just confirmed with the school that Celina WILL BE AT SMU, FRIDAY night!

lostaussie
12-10-2014, 05:15 PM

We wouldn't want it any other way!!

RPF2666
12-10-2014, 05:20 PM
:2thumbsup

waterboy
12-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Sicko!

You're the one who said it!:taunt:

bobcat1
12-10-2014, 06:51 PM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag449/tskeeter1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_27498062318129_zpsumbaywsr.jpeg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tskeeter1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_27498062318129_zpsumbaywsr.jpeg.html)
We already got 8. 9 is on the mind.

bobcat1
12-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Be sure to remind Gladewater of that.
Our guys won't be sliding down to run out the clock.

buckeyebob
12-10-2014, 07:45 PM

Was someone doubting you would be?

lostaussie
12-10-2014, 08:53 PM
We are DEZign8 http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/openTheBox?sendevent=4e4445324e446b774e44413d0d0a&blogview=true&campaign=blog_playback_link&partner=smileboxae&noFlash=true&showDesktopVideo=true

lostaussie
12-10-2014, 08:58 PM
We are DEZign8 http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/openTheBox?sendevent=4e4445324e446b774e44413d0d0a&blogview=true&campaign=blog_playback_link&partner=smileboxae&noFlash=true&showDesktopVideo=true The 2014 version of the Buckeyes is very, very talented. But they have something others don't. These Buckeyes have a purpose...... And I just don't think they will be denied. Its all they talk about. They believe Dez is with them and so do we.

GTownballer
12-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Question for the Celinians, do ya'll still suit up, 7th thru Varsity for the playoffs!

poisoned10
12-10-2014, 09:38 PM
We are DEZign8 http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/openTheBox?sendevent=4e4445324e446b774e44413d0d0a&blogview=true&campaign=blog_playback_link&partner=smileboxae&noFlash=true&showDesktopVideo=true

Where did you get that sound file? Or did you just find that on the web?

CHS_89
12-10-2014, 09:42 PM

Question for the Celinians, do ya'll still suit up, 7th thru Varsity for the playoffs!

No, just JV and Varsity.

RPF2666
12-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Was someone doubting you would be?

Sounded like most folks believe we may as well not... just confirming for everyone that we'd just as soon show up and play the game
before the dirt gets kicked in the hole...! Our young men are ready!!!

tricky1965
12-10-2014, 10:28 PM

Why? Is there a basketball tournament?

orange machine
12-10-2014, 10:38 PM
This thread has really taken a dump.

Aggie98
12-10-2014, 11:10 PM
This thread has really taken a dump.

No doubt. Was hoping to see more football talk and learn some more about Celina's team. Alls I know about them is...

1. They have a big, strong O-line
2. They have a D-1 QB
3. They have a strong, shifty little RB
4. They run the 10-1 special defense
5. They have 8 rings

tricky1965
12-10-2014, 11:21 PM
Would someone explain the 10-1 defense for me? I have been around football for a long time a never recall hearing the 10-1

Aggie98
12-10-2014, 11:40 PM
Would someone explain the 10-1 defense for me? I have been around football for a long time a never recall hearing the 10-1

I'm not sure what it looks like, but I've heard it's very similar to the "46" defense. From what I can gather it takes a really good MLB and FS to make it work.

orange machine
12-10-2014, 11:46 PM
I'm not sure what it looks like, but I've heard it's very similar to the "46" defense. From what I can gather it takes a really good MLB and FS to make it work.

Yes it does.

Aggie98
12-11-2014, 12:10 AM
Come to think of it, I have seen a 10-1 defense before because I saw Argyle run it against Gilmer last year. Gilmer lost that game, but they did score 38 pts.

orange machine
12-11-2014, 12:15 AM
Come to think of it, I have seen a 10-1 defense before because I saw Argyle run it against Gilmer last year. Gilmer lost that game, but they did score 38 pts.

Yea and that 38 was scored against an elite safety and linebacker.

tricky1965
12-11-2014, 12:30 AM
I guess I saw it also when we played celina in 2003

poisoned10
12-11-2014, 07:01 AM
Yea and that 38 was scored against an elite safety and linebacker.

Both of which are currently playing D1 football right now.

lostaussie
12-11-2014, 08:07 AM
41 is our lowest output of the year on 2 occasions. Celina gonna need 50 to beat us. I don't think that's happening. There some smack:D

CHS_89
12-11-2014, 08:20 AM

Ten players on the line of scrimmage with a single linebacker over the center.

tricky1965
12-11-2014, 09:58 AM
Ten players on the line of scrimmage with a single linebacker over the center.

Ok I watched some footage on it, and no disrespect, just simply asking. It appears D line and LB better be very quick and explosive, and it looks like it works well containing a couple of players, CBs and or FS are in man coverage. How can that defense contain as many weapons that the Buckeyes have? I'm not saying it won't work, I just don't see the advantage against a team like Gilmer.

lostaussie
12-11-2014, 10:01 AM
Ok I watched some footage on it, and no disrespect, just simply asking. It appears D line and LB better be very quick and explosive, and it looks like it works well containing a couple of players, CBs and or FS are in man coverage. How can that defense contain as many weapons that the Buckeyes have? I'm not saying it won't work, I just don't see the advantage against a team like Gilmer.

You are going to make OM's head explode:D

tricky1965
12-11-2014, 10:02 AM

Is that good or bad thing ? 😄

gatordaze
12-11-2014, 10:34 AM

10-1 is a misnomer. It is simply a gap control defense in which the down lineman get penetration and pressure. Otherwise it is man press coverage with FS help over the top. It works well at lower classification levels where offensive talent is restricted to a few players. It requires a very good Mike and FS. Mike flows free and FS cleans up anything that breaks the line of scrimmage. QB has very little time to check down. Slants and slip screens work well unless the Mike can light em up a few times. There are variations called special, buddy, stand-up etc. It is easily disguised and not used on every down. I had a son that played NG and his twin brother that played Mike. The NG was a load and the other team knew it, The Mike would watch the guards when they came up to the line, the guard with the "biggest eyes" indicated that he had responsibility for the NG. This allowed the Mike to anticipate the direction of the play. Both had multiple All-State years in this defense.

orange machine
12-11-2014, 11:05 AM

Its spinning. :vrycnfsd:

Celina8
12-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Celina will at some point during the game run this defense and I am sure you will see Gilmer's QB screaming out an audible , our defense then might just use it as a decoy we will see. I think Celina is going to have to gamble some on both sides of the ball to have a shot at victory .

waterboy
12-11-2014, 11:50 AM
Looking at the forecast, it looks like it's gonna be dry. I like it!

I'm definitely looking forward to this matchup!

lostaussie
12-11-2014, 11:51 AM
http://etsn.fm/gilmer-shooting-for-fifth-title-game-appearance-since-2004-when-buckeyes-meet-storied-celina/

bobcat1
12-11-2014, 12:12 PM
http://etsn.fm/gilmer-shooting-for-fifth-title-game-appearance-since-2004-when-buckeyes-meet-storied-celina/
BOGUS article!:taunt: Celina has 8. Going for 9!

waterboy
12-11-2014, 12:16 PM

I noticed he said 7, but around here the 8th don't count. Hahahaha...:taunt:

Just kidding! Pretty good synopsis of the game, though. Celina is good on both sides of the ball just like Gilmer. I am stoked!

d0tc0m
12-11-2014, 12:26 PM
I noticed he said 7, but around here the 8th don't count. Hahahaha...:taunt:

Just kidding! Pretty good synopsis of the game, though. Celina is good on both sides of the ball just like Gilmer. I am stoked!

Not only do we have 8 titles, but we've appeared in 10 state title games. This would be our 11th trip, despite the article thinking we've had 8 state championship appearances.

waterboy
12-11-2014, 12:36 PM
Not only do we have 8 titles, but we've appeared in 10 state title games. This would be our 11th trip, despite the article thinking we've had 8 state championship appearances.

Yeah, I noticed that he had those parts wrong, but the rest of the article is pretty good. It oughta be good matchup.

d0tc0m
12-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Celina will at some point during the game run this defense and I am sure you will see Gilmer's QB screaming out an audible , our defense then might just use it as a decoy we will see. I think Celina is going to have to gamble some on both sides of the ball to have a shot at victory .

I think this is pretty accurate. At some point, or at a lot of points, in the game, Celina is going to show Gilmer a 10-1 look. They may not actually be running what we all know as a true 10-1, but Carter will definitely see it a few times when he's in shotgun.

Now, I really don't see the Bobcats being able to shut Gilmer down with that defense, because the Buckeyes are so quick-hit that it somewhat nullifies any pressure you might get with an explosive defensive line. For me, looking at this game, I think the Bobcats are better off mixing up coverages, showing man, dropping into zone, showing 10-1, falling into a faux Tampa-2 look, etc. The key, as I see it, is going to be the d-line of Celina being able to set the edge, explode into their assignment and somewhat hold up the Gilmer offensive line. The d-line cannot get blown up and washed back into the linebackers and secondary, or it'll be off to the races for Lynch, Boyd and company. But if the Bobcats d-line can hold their assignments and keep the Gilmer offensive line from setting up those walls on those screens, then the Bobcats will have a chance to get numbers at the point of attack and have a chance to make a play near the line of scrimmage - especially on those quick screens, etc. Mixing up coverages and bringing a blitz or two on certain situations will help keep that Gilmer offensive line off balance, create confusion, and allow the Bobcats to get a stop or two in key spots.

Now, in order to do that, and in order to get those numbers to the point of attack on defense, Celina is going to have to take chances. They just have to. They will have to be in man-to-man coverage in certain situations and against certain players. Otherwise, Gilmer will always have numbers if we're just dropping back into a soft zone. Obviously, being 1-on-1 with Smith, Tate or Fluellen isn't ideal, but it's just going to have to happen in order to try to slow down Lynch and Boyd and neutralize their speed by bottling them up quick. Celina will not win this game without taking some of those chances on defense. I believe they will, and I believe they have the athletes to be successful.

If Gilmer gets the ball first, I would expect to see them take a home run shot on the first play from scrimmage just to put the Bobcats on their heels right away and, if it works, take the winds out of the sails immediately. It would also soften that defense up a little too. Don't be surprised if Carter looks for Lynch deep on the first play. What's the worst that could happen? Their offense is good enough that they can really overcome any negative that might occur on that gamble.

If Celina can get a stop early - and really, if they can just not give up a big play on 1st or 2nd down and make Gilmer earn it on their first drive - then they'll be right there in it, confidence-wise. Two stops, and we'll have ourselves a big time battle. The Bobcats can shorten the game by making the Buckeyes have to take 10-12 snaps per drive, and not giving up a TD on less than 5-7 plays. That's not easy, and Gilmer will break a few big ones, but the more Celina can limit that, the better their chances.

On offense, it's been talked about already, but Celina has to grind it out. Get behind that big offensive line, put that heavy package of Gerths, Grant and Alexander in there, and go to work. Run, run, run the freaking football until Gilmer can't stand it anymore. Eventually they have to crowd the box. And then you can go play action. But Elliot will have to be sharp. He can't just throw up prayers, because the Buckeye skill players are glorified receivers on defense, and they'll win a lot of those battles. But he will have opportunities to take shots down field off play action. That, combined with a few 5-7 yard shots, will soften the Gilmer defense and allow the Bobcats to sustain those long, clock-killing drives.

Ball security will never have been as paramount as it will be this week for Celina. A turnover could literally be the game, even in the first quarter. Take care of the ball, and finish the drives with TDs. And if, by some miracle, we force a turnover on defense, we have to capitalize with a TD.

And that's the way I see it ....

toddg
12-11-2014, 01:32 PM
10-1 is a misnomer. It is simply a gap control defense in which the down lineman get penetration and pressure. Otherwise it is man press coverage with FS help over the top. It works well at lower classification levels where offensive talent is restricted to a few players. It requires a very good Mike and FS. Mike flows free and FS cleans up anything that breaks the line of scrimmage. QB has very little time to check down. Slants and slip screens work well unless the Mike can light em up a few times. There are variations called special, buddy, stand-up etc. It is easily disguised and not used on every down. I had a son that played NG and his twin brother that played Mike. The NG was a load and the other team knew it, The Mike would watch the guards when they came up to the line, the guard with the "biggest eyes" indicated that he had responsibility for the NG. This allowed the Mike to anticipate the direction of the play. Both had multiple All-State years in this defense.

Excellent explanation!

gatordaze
12-11-2014, 01:35 PM
Excellent explanation!

Thanks, I think that they call it 10-1 because 10 guys are within 3-5 yds of the LOS and the FS is back. In reality it is assignment football and based upon the call the assignments change.

waterboy
12-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Who do y'all see playing the most PT at MLB this week?

Aesculus gilmus
12-11-2014, 03:04 PM

It's analogous, I think, to people not realizing that Gilmer has played in five championship games and not four. The first occurred in 1981. Most of the sportswriters covering high school football in East Texas do not remember 1981.

It even more stands to reason that they do not remember when Big Sandy and Celina were co-champs in 1974. That's why they think it's only seven, I would imagine.

I do remember when Big Sandy and Celina played for the Class B title and tied 0-0. I didn't go to that game, but I did go to a number of the Big Sandy games in that era. I thought the late David Overstreet was probably about the best running back I'd ever seen. What's funny is that he seemed to tower over everyone on both sides of the line to me. I thought he must be at least 6-3.

Then he started playing for OU and was listed at 5-11. I guess it was that most of the Class B players were relative midgets.

waterboy
12-11-2014, 03:12 PM
I remember back in them days that to advance you had to win by penetrations first (number of times inside opponent's 20-yard line), then it went to first downs (I believe), then to total yardage. If they wanted to "call" a winner in this game, if I remember correctly, Big Sandy would've won that game based on those criteria. I never liked that setup, though, and was always "for" overtime, especially in meaningful games.

Celina8
12-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Just did a Satellite Google map tour of Gilmer and I was surprised that it is a pretty nice size town with a lot of businesses. Surprised your not DI or even 5A from looking at the size of the town.

lostaussie
12-11-2014, 03:32 PM
Just did a Satellite Google map tour of Gilmer and I was surprised that it is a pretty nice size town with a lot of businesses. Surprised your not DI or even 5A from looking at the size of the town.

I think the same thing every time I roll thru Decator.

lostaussie
12-11-2014, 03:35 PM
Population under 5000, but remember Upshur County has 7 high schools. We get lots of Wal-mart traffic:D

tricky1965
12-11-2014, 04:12 PM
I remember back in them days that to advance you had to win by penetrations first (number of times inside opponent's 20-yard line), then it went to first downs (I believe), then to total yardage. If they wanted to "call" a winner in this game, if I remember correctly, Big Sandy would've won that game based on those criteria. I never liked that setup, though, and was always "for" overtime, especially in meaningful games.

You are correct. They did use penetrations , etc. for playoff games, however in state championship games, those stats were not used and both teams were crowned co- champions.

bobcat1
12-11-2014, 04:18 PM
Thanks, I think that they call it 10-1 because 10 guys are within 3-5 yds of the LOS and the FS is back. In reality it is assignment football and based upon the call the assignments change.

:2thumbsup

bobcat1
12-11-2014, 04:18 PM
Who do y'all see playing the most PT at MLB this week?
Somoya!

bobcat1
12-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Population under 5000, but remember Upshur County has 7 high schools. We get lots of Wal-mart traffic:D
I've seen the pictures of those people in the people of Walmart pictures circulating on the internet. :ack!:

waterboy
12-11-2014, 04:22 PM
You are correct. They did use penetrations , etc. for playoff games, however in state championship games, those stats were not used and both teams were crowned co- champions.

Oh, I know they didn't use that criteria in the title game because it was the last game with no decision being made to advance. I was saying who would advance in the playoffs to get there if there was a game that ended in a tie. I was glad to see an actual overtime come into existence. It most definitely would've benefited Gladewater in 1984 because they tied Daingerfield, and Daingerfield advanced. A game like that needed to be decided by score, not penetrations or first downs. I think Gladewater would've won the title in 1984 against Medina Valley, but we'll never really know for sure.

tricky1965
12-11-2014, 04:24 PM
Oh, I know they didn't use that criteria in the title game because it was the last game with no decision being made to advance. I was saying who would advance in the playoffs to get there if there was a game that ended in a tie. I was glad to see an actual overtime come into existence. It most definitely would've benefited Gladewater in 1984 because they tied Daingerfield, and Daingerfield advanced. A game like that needed to be decided by score, not penetrations or first downs. I think Gladewater would've won the title in 1984 against Medina Valley, but we'll never really know for sure.

Yeah, I hated those damn penetrations. Officials actually had an extra official on field just to chart stats. Glad UIL finally woke up and added overtime

waterboy
12-11-2014, 04:25 PM

8 high schools in Upshur County if you count Gladewater's. We don't claim them, though!:D

toddg
12-11-2014, 04:26 PM
i was looking at the sat. imaging as well, and saw something while hovering over the Whataburger...so i street viewed it...and it was Waterboy mooning the Googlemobile!!!

waterboy
12-11-2014, 04:33 PM
i was looking at the sat. imaging as well, and saw something while hovering over the Whataburger...so i street viewed it...and it was Waterboy mooning the Googlemobile!!!

A big oops on that one! In broad daylight, too! I didn't know I was "exposing" my tush to the whole world, though.:D

Celina8
12-11-2014, 05:34 PM

What people fail to remember about that game is that Bobcat player Randy Nelson who was a running back and LB actually caught a fumble before it dropped to the ground and returned it for a TD but the refs said it hit the ground and was recovered by Celina the ball could not be advanced. However the next day a picture in the DMN , Sherman Democrate and McKinney Paper show the picture of him catching it before it touches the ground....

GTownballer
12-11-2014, 06:22 PM
No, just JV and Varsity.

So your telling me, a town with 6000 folks, and a Highschool enrollment with less than 645, you have over 125 kids on JV and varstiy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJYGx1iLJWM

orange machine
12-11-2014, 06:43 PM
So your telling me, a town with 6000 folks, and a Highschool enrollment with less than 645, you have over 125 kids on JV and varstiy?

I think it's more Ike 150.

GTownballer
12-11-2014, 06:57 PM
I think it's more Ike 150.

http://celinabobcats.org/team-roster

I count 49 on Varstiy Roster! LOL...... 100 on JV? lol... Just Curious, whats the average income in Celina, lol, thats alot of kids that's not playing to be bused to a game, is it meant to impress! just curious!

Celina8
12-11-2014, 07:12 PM
Not sure what the average income is here would have to check the last census for that. It has been a Celina tradition to include all the kids from the 1960's when the Bobcats make the playoffs. It just the way it has always been done and it helps them experience what the playoffs are all about.

Aesculus gilmus
12-11-2014, 07:12 PM
http://www.bestplaces.net/economy/city/texas/celina

Median income is $104,194, acording to this. Compared to Argyle, Celina families are poor, though. Argyle median is in excess of $124k.

But if you really want to see some po' folks, check this out:
http://www.bestplaces.net/economy/city/texas/gilmer

Aesculus gilmus
12-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Don't feel too sorry for us, though. One of my roommates at UT was from New Orleans.

He correctly deemed this to be my theme song: http://youtu.be/3cQNkIrg-Tk

CelinaCatFan
12-11-2014, 07:47 PM
http://celinabobcats.org/team-roster

I count 49 on Varstiy Roster! LOL...... 100 on JV? lol... Just Curious, whats the average income in Celina, lol, thats alot of kids that's not playing to be bused to a game, is it meant to impress! just curious!

We have 3 JV teams.

GTownballer
12-11-2014, 08:02 PM
We have 3 JV teams.

And no Freshman team, whats the enrollment in Celina HS, so nearly every male in HS plays football, and must be an all girl band? lol...

CHS_89
12-11-2014, 11:30 PM
And no Freshman team, whats the enrollment in Celina HS, so nearly every male in HS plays football, and must be an all girl band? lol...

We actually have 3 bands...2 JV and a varsity.

movethechain
12-11-2014, 11:46 PM

That ain't nuthin. When we played Abilene Wylie at Birdville Stadium several years ago, I swear they suited up all the way down to their Pop Warner players. Never, ever, seen so much yaller and purple on a field at once in all my life. :eek:

leftypaw81
12-12-2014, 12:50 AM
Go Celina!

Celina8
12-12-2014, 05:25 AM
Very proud of the Bobcats this season and tonight no matter what I will be proud to say I am a Bobcat. I did pick Gilmer to win this game and would love nothing better than to be served a big plate of Crow. Come on Bobcats this old guy is hungry!!!!!

bobcat1
12-12-2014, 06:18 AM
Nothing like Game Day especially for the seniors. Here's to lifelong memories and a safe game for both teams. Go Bobcats!

lostaussie
12-12-2014, 06:19 AM
Very proud of the Bobcats this season and tonight no matter what I will be proud to say I am a Bobcat. I did pick Gilmer to win this game and would love nothing better than to be served a big plate of Crow. Come on Bobcats this old guy is hungry!!!!!
Good luck to y'all. Here's to a great game :cheers:

lostaussie
12-12-2014, 06:20 AM
Nothing like Game Day especially for the seniors. Here's to lifelong memories and a safe game for both teams. Go Bobcats!

My you are up early!!

marler1972
12-12-2014, 07:06 AM

They are ready

d0tc0m
12-12-2014, 07:10 AM
They are ready

That's what I like to hear!

RPF2666
12-12-2014, 07:23 AM
Let's go Bobcats! Time to do what WE do! Your families, your school and your town love you and will be there with you tonight!

Be Uncommon!

Go Big Orange!

GTownballer
12-12-2014, 09:05 AM
Looks like a great night for some football, only a 5% chance of rain, at game time, partly cloudy, 63 degrees, winds light at 7mph out of the SSE!
Lets Go Buckeyes!

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/news-journal.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/e/ce/ece138ac-7cf8-11e4-8625-9be48dc03203/5482798191571.image.jpg?resize=620%2C413

Speed with flawless execution kills!

Pudlugger
12-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Celina will give Gilmer all they want but somehow the Buckeyes will pull out the win late in the fourth. Gilmer by 7.

Celina8
12-12-2014, 09:30 AM
Safe travel for the Gilmer fans and have enjoyed this whole week discussion leading up to this game. Good Luck tonight and enjoy your visit in Dallas.

gatordaze
12-12-2014, 09:43 AM

Easily, when my boys were playing we had 137 on a male enrollment or 256. They typically have 4 HS teams and do not cut anyone who wants to play. There is Varsity, JV White, JV Orange, JV Grey, and 9th. For the playoffs, any kid that is willing to come to practice gets to suit up. Very few pass up that opportunity.

GTownballer
12-12-2014, 09:53 AM
Easily, when my boys were playing we had 137 on a male enrollment or 256. They typically have 4 HS teams and do not cut anyone who wants to play. There is Varsity, JV White, JV Orange, JV Grey, and 9th. For the playoffs, any kid that is willing to come to practice gets to suit up. Very few pass up that opportunity.

Commendable idea, and a great expierance for the kids, but economics here wouldnt allow busing 80 plus kids that who have a 99.9% chance of not playing!

Aesculus gilmus
12-12-2014, 10:01 AM
It might still be feasible with the regular yellow buses, but once the playoffs start, they switch to charter buses.

The good thing about being a country boy all your life is you really don't realize how poor you are most of the time.

And, no, I'm not going to "enjoy" visiting Dallas. I will "endure" it. It's worth a lot of money to me not to have to live in Dallas or anywhere near it. :)

gatordaze
12-12-2014, 10:12 AM
It might still be feasible with the regular yellow buses, but once the playoffs start, they switch to charter buses.

The good thing about being a country boy all your life is you really don't realize how poor you are most of the time.

And, no, I'm not going to "enjoy" visiting Dallas. I will "endure" it. It's worth a lot of money to me not to have to live in Dallas or anywhere near it. :)

Celina boys think that they are country boys. Lots of pick ups and summer jobs bailing hay. Only difference I guess is that their parents work in the city.

Deuce
12-12-2014, 10:14 AM

Agree with this!

lostaussie
12-12-2014, 10:22 AM
Can't wait guys.......this thread has had lots of BS'ing but it's obvious to tell there is a lot of mutual respect. I'm off to Bass Pro so I'm probably done.........GO BUCKEYES

GTownballer
12-12-2014, 10:22 AM

Agree a 1000% worked there for 9 years, but I commuted everyday to east texas, you could not pay me to live there! Country boys need the woods!

tricky1965
12-12-2014, 10:27 AM
Good luck to each team. I hope my Buckeyes come out on top, but what I hope the most is that we get to see a great game between 2 great programs and that no player gets hurt. See yall there! GO BUX!!!!!

waterboy
12-12-2014, 10:33 AM
Yep. I lived in the metromess for over 4 months, which was about 3-1/2 months too long. I could've made more money, but it wasn't worth it to me. I like walking outside and smelling "fresh" air, not exhaust fumes. Constantly fighting traffic..., stress, etc., it just wasn't worth it to live there.

I don't mind a visit there 2 to 3 times a year, but I ain't living in that mess.

Let's go Buckeyes!

DEZign8!

poisoned10
12-12-2014, 10:43 AM
ONE FOR ALL!
ALL FOR 8!

DEZign8

Go Buckeyes!

GTownballer
12-12-2014, 11:28 AM
ONE FOR ALL!
ALL FOR 8!

DEZign8

Go Buckeyes!

^^^^^ What he said! Safe Travels everyone! Go Buckeyes! West bound and down!

bobcat1
12-12-2014, 12:12 PM
My you are up early!!
Some people have to go to work and don't get to fish everyday.

Bullaholic
12-12-2014, 02:46 PM
You Gilmer folks coming in on 80? Not much fun coming into Dallas during rush hour.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Anyone know where I can pick up the Celina broadcast tonight?

poisoned10
12-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Anyone know where I can pick up the Celina broadcast tonight?

Not the Celina broadcast, but KYKX is broadcasting the game.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 06:00 PM
Not the Celina broadcast, but KYKX is broadcasting the game.

Good deal, thanks.

poisoned10
12-12-2014, 06:19 PM
Good deal, thanks.

No problem.

lostaussie
12-12-2014, 08:04 PM
Its about to get REAL UP IN HERE!!

CelinaCatFan
12-12-2014, 08:09 PM
Its about to get REAL UP IN HERE!!

I think there would have been PLENTY of room at Royce City.

bobcat1
12-12-2014, 08:18 PM
How's traffic fellas? Cheers!

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 08:31 PM
Gilmer to receive... OS kick, BUX recover at own 48. 1st and 10.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 08:32 PM
Boyd run for 1st down. TD PASS to Lynch, 37 yds. 7-0 Gilmer. 0:11.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 08:34 PM
Gilmer kick into EZ, Celina starts at own 25.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 08:35 PM
Elliott run for 1.
Fumble, Bux ball at CHS 23.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Off sides cats, 1st and 5.
Incomplete pass to Smith in EZ, 2nd and 5.
5 yd loss on run, 3rd & 10.
Delay of game, 3rd & 15.
TD pass, Carter to Lynch. XP no good, 13-0 Gilmer, 9:55, 1st.

Ball was jarred loose from Lynch after the reception and he recovered it in the EZ.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 08:45 PM
Celina 4 yd run.
Celina 2yd run to own 25.
Elliott pass to own 35 for 1st down.
Celina run for -2.
Elliott run for 2, 3rd and 10.
Sack. 4th and 19.
Punt, returned to Cats 47.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 08:47 PM
Boyd run for 2.
Carter run for 16. 15 on Cats for facemask. 1st and 10 from 15.
TD pass to Fluellen. XP good, 20-0 Gilmer, 6:33 1st.

44INAROW
12-12-2014, 08:49 PM
Score?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Celina starts at own 25.
Alexander run for 1.
Run for 1, 3rd and 8.
Elliott screen pass dropped. 4th and 8.
Punt, bad snap, punter decleated. Gilmer ball in CHS territory.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Screen pass to Boyd, TD Gilmer. XP no good. 26-0 Gilmer.

orange machine
12-12-2014, 08:53 PM
10-1 is awsome

poisoned10
12-12-2014, 08:54 PM
5:10 remaining in the 1st quarter

Gilmer - 26
Celina - 0

bobcat1
12-12-2014, 08:55 PM
10-1 is awsome

:rolleyes:

lostaussie
12-12-2014, 08:55 PM
26-0 5:10 left in 1st

44INAROW
12-12-2014, 08:58 PM
Thanks Lost... Sounds like y'all got this in hand....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bobcat1
12-12-2014, 08:58 PM
Is it time to call the dogs and piss on the fire yet?

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Couple of Gilmer penalties then a Cats pass to 48 for 1st down.
Big run to Gilmer 14 by Alexander.
Penalty, 1st and 5 from Bux 8.
Alexander run to the 3.
Alexander run for -1. 3rd and 2 from 4. TO Bobcats.
1st down. 1st and goal from 2.
Run for 0.
Elliott picked in EZ by Burns, returned to near midfield.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 09:08 PM
Gilmer 3rd and 1 from 44.
Lynch TD run on the QB keeper. XP good. 33-0 Gimmer.

JJWalker
12-12-2014, 09:08 PM
10-1 is awsome

Ya gotta dance with the girl you brung.

poisoned10
12-12-2014, 09:09 PM
End of the 1st:

Gilmer - 33
Celina - 0

lostaussie
12-12-2014, 09:09 PM
33-0 end of 1st.....looks like we headed for a buck twenty

poisoned10
12-12-2014, 09:11 PM
10-1 is awsome

I think I really like this 10-1!

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 09:12 PM
On-side kick recovered by Cats at own 39.

Eliott run for -1.
Eliott pass, PI on Bux. 1st down at own 48, TO Gilmer.

Alexander run for -1.

Elliott pass for 10, 3rd & 1.

Celina run to Bux 34, 1st and 10.

PI on Bux, 1st down at 19.

Elliott run to Bux 4. 1st and goal.

Inc pass, 2nd and goal.

Elliott run to the 1. 3rd down.

TD Celina. XP good. 33-7 Gilmer. 8:11, 2nd qtr.

bobcat1
12-12-2014, 09:13 PM
Live it up while you can. It always comes back around... maybe not this year but someday

johnfx24
12-12-2014, 09:14 PM
man am I sure glad I didnt go to this one it would have been over before I even got there! o.O Wowsers! Buckeys are fer real fellas !!

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 09:23 PM
On-side kick recovered by Bux at 48.

Lynch run for 2.

Carter pass to Lynch, popped and fumbled... Cats ball.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Elliott pass for 10.

Screen to Alexander for 8 to Bux 24.

Off-sides Bux... Ball to 19.

Alexander run for 0.

Elliott scrambles for nothing, 3rd and 10.

Inc pass. 4th down. Going for it.

Incomplete in EZ, bux ball at own 19. 5:34, 2nd.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Tate run for 4.

Carter pass for 4.

Tate run for 7 and 1st down.

Screen pass dropped by Boyd.

Boyd run to CHS 49 for 1st down.

Jackson run for short gain.

Inc pass. 3rd down. TO Gilmer. 3:03, 2nd.

Draw play for -1. 4th and 9. TO Gilmer.

Punt to Cats 21.

2:06, 2nd.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Elliott pass for 9.

Inc pass, 3rd & 1.

Run for 0.5. 4th down.

Elliott run for 2. 1:09 2nd.

Elliott pass for 2. 0:53.

Elliott pass to Marler at Gilmer 45.

Inc pass.

Elliott pass to Bux 27.

Elliott run to 19. 0:24 left.

Run for nada. TO Celina. 0:20 left.

Elliott pass picked off. Knee. Half. 33-7 Gilmer.

orange machine
12-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Two onside kicks and two picks inside the 20. Wow

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 09:51 PM
WOS 21
Sinton 21

4:20, 3rd

CHS_89
12-12-2014, 10:04 PM
Sloppy play. Can't do that at this level. It will kill you.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 10:07 PM
WOS 28
Sinton 21

10:16, 4th.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 10:15 PM
WOS is headed to Jerry World.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Celina starts at own 8.

3 and out.

Punt blocked (kinda), Gilmer ball at Bobcats 8.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Lynch run for minimal gain.

Jamel Jackson runs for a TD. XP good, 40-7 Gilmer.

bobcat1
12-12-2014, 10:21 PM
Good season Bobcats! Go win State Gilmer. Awesome team and excellent coaching and preparation!

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 10:23 PM
Celina starts at own 25.

3 and out, punt to G 48.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 10:26 PM
3 plays, 52 yds, Gilmer TD... K. Boyd run. 47-7.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 10:30 PM
Celina 3 and out, punt.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 10:33 PM
Long TD pass Carter to Lynch, 54-7.

tricky1965
12-12-2014, 10:39 PM
Worst officiating I have ever seen!

Buckeye1980
12-12-2014, 10:45 PM
worst officiating i have ever seen!

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

lol!

bobcat1
12-12-2014, 10:46 PM
Worst officiating I have ever seen!

lol!
What difference would it have made I mean really?

tricky1965
12-12-2014, 10:49 PM
What difference would it have made I mean really?

Nothing at all, since you mentioned it!

bobcat1
12-12-2014, 10:50 PM
Gilmer is just that damn good. Good luck at State against WOS Buckeyes! I'll be pulling for you.

tricky1965
12-12-2014, 10:59 PM
Gilmer is just that damn good. Good luck at State against WOS Buckeyes! I'll be pulling for you.

Hey man, yes Gilmer is that good, but that don't make it right to have horrible officiating. These guys are ridiculous . Thanks Bobcat

CHS_89
12-12-2014, 10:59 PM
I have never seen us take a beating like this. East Texas just has our number. Congrats to the Buckeyes and go win state for #8. I'll be rooting for y'all.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 11:01 PM
Sorry, had to step away for a minute. 61-14 Gilmer going into the 4th.

bobcat1
12-12-2014, 11:01 PM
I have never seen us take a beating like this. East Texas just has our number. Congrats to the Buckeyes and go win state for #8. I'll be rooting for y'all.

Me either. I just hope they don't beat Celina worse than they did Nevada Community. Embarrassing.

CHS_89
12-12-2014, 11:05 PM
Me either. I just hope they don't beat Celina worse than they did Nevada Community. Embarrassing.

Yep, embarrassing it is. This Gilmer team will be talked about for ages, as they deserve to be.

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 11:06 PM

Aggie98
12-12-2014, 11:13 PM
Yep, embarrassing it is. This Gilmer team will be talked about for ages, as they deserve to be.

Gilmer is unorthodox for sure. They couldn't care less about 1st downs.... They are trying to score the football on every play. Defensively, they only care about getting the football back.... by any means necessary.

orange machine
12-12-2014, 11:21 PM
Gilmer is truly awsome from the coaching staff to the kids playing. They won in every aspect and are a buzz saw.