PDA

View Full Version : Celina vs Gilmer!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

orange machine
12-12-2014, 11:46 PM
Good year Celina and congrats seniors for being good leaders.

Celina8
12-12-2014, 11:53 PM
Pretty much over before it ever really got started. Congratulations Gilmer you have a great team and I will be pulling for you to bring home another State Title this year. For the Bobcats congratulation on your season and for you Sr there will be more joys and accomplishments ahead for you in life trust me on this. For the Bobcat faithful, this was a difficult game to watch and to write or type anymore would probably be unwise on my part. Everyone have a safe drive home tonight especially the Gilmer fans as you have a little further to go. Gilmer you really have a great team and it was a lot of fun this week particiapting with you on this forum. Go get another State Title Buckeyes!

YTBulldogs
12-13-2014, 12:00 AM
Worst officiating I have ever seen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:spitlol:

lostaussie
12-13-2014, 12:51 AM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag449/tskeeter1/IMG_20141212_222235_605_zpscb72dvjb.jpg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tskeeter1/media/IMG_20141212_222235_605_zpscb72dvjb.jpg.html)

Wonkas_Willy
12-13-2014, 01:03 AM
WOW... Somebody list for me the scores of the games Celina has lost in the playoffs since the Legends are gone please.

poisoned10
12-13-2014, 02:38 AM
I'm not sure if this is true, but I read on ETSN.fm that this was the most points Celina has ever allow and was the most lop-sided loss in school history. I would have never thought in a million years that the score would have been what it was. Gilmer played lights out tonight.

orange machine
12-13-2014, 02:55 AM
I'm not sure if this is true, but I read on ETSN.fm that this was the most points Celina has ever allow and was the most lop-sided loss in school history. I would have never thought in a million years that the score would have been what it was. Gilmer played lights out tonight.

Some people are gonna get mad at me but it's the truth and any honest person will agree. You can't run that type of defense against teams with that much speed. The kids played hard all of them and gave it all they had and did a great job this year.

tricky1965
12-13-2014, 03:04 AM
Some people are gonna get mad at me but it's the truth and any honest person will agree. You can't run that type of defense against teams with that much speed. The kids played hard all of them and gave it all they had and did a great job this year.

OM, I was wondering that myself, no disrespect for such a storied program, but I did watch some footage on Celina defense . From my perspective it appears to be good against a team that has 1-2 ball carriers, IE QB , RB, or WR . But I was wondering after I saw it how it could possibly work against a team like Gilmer who has so many weapons? Believe me I am not discounting Celina's system by all means, I just couldn't see where it would work, and I think it was proven tonight. Your thoughts?

orange machine
12-13-2014, 03:12 AM
OM, I was wondering that myself, no disrespect for such a storied program, but I did watch some footage on Celina defense . From my perspective it appears to be good against a team that has 1-2 ball carriers, IE QB , RB, or WR . But I was wondering after I saw it how it could possibly work against a team like Gilmer who has so many weapons? Believe me I am not discounting Celina's system by all means, I just couldn't see where it would work, and I think it was proven tonight. Your thoughts?

My thoughts are exactly like yours. It's great against run teams and even spread teams with small receivers that don't have speed. As you saw tonight Gilmer has big fast receivers and it was pretty bad. I don't like the word system when it comes to football or we do what we do, that's crazy. When something doesn't work you fix it you don't keep doing it over and over expecting a different result.

buckeyebob
12-13-2014, 03:15 AM
8 high schools in Upshur County if you count Gladewater's. We don't claim them, though!:D

Pittsburg encroaches too

buckeyebob
12-13-2014, 03:19 AM
It might still be feasible with the regular yellow buses, but once the playoffs start, they switch to charter buses.

The good thing about being a country boy all your life is you really don't realize how poor you are most of the time.

And, no, I'm not going to "enjoy" visiting Dallas. I will "endure" it. It's worth a lot of money to me not to have to live in Dallas or anywhere near it. :)
aise both hands & say AMEN!!
R

marler1972
12-13-2014, 03:35 AM
Well I want to say Gilmer is a great great team. It was hard to watch our boys loose like that, this group of Seniors for Celina will be hard to replace, they never stopped playing hard. I did not post much on the board the last few year since my boy was playing, I probably wont post much now either as he is done with his High School football career, and his next chapter will start in February. Just want to Congratulate Gilmer on a great game and to Celina for a great run this year we just came up a couple wins of the teams goal.

orange machine
12-13-2014, 03:43 AM
Well I want to say Gilmer is a great great team. It was hard to watch our boys loose like that, this group of Seniors for Celina will be hard to replace, they never stopped playing hard. I did not post much on the board the last few year since my boy was playing, I probably wont post much now either as he is done with his High School football career, and his next chapter will start in February. Just want to Congratulate Gilmer on a great game and to Celina for a great run this year we just came up a couple wins of the teams goal.

Chase will be hard to replace he really shined this year and did a great job.

bobcat1
12-13-2014, 06:17 AM

I feel for ya Marler. Tell that boy not many teams make it to the State Semis. That young man learned a lot more than football playing for Celina. He will do well in life. Congrats on a fine fine season!

RPF2666
12-13-2014, 08:57 AM
Congratulations to the Gilmer Buckeyes! That is an impressive bunch of athletes and they showed it last night.

A couple of the worst possible scenarios played out for Celina and it was game, set, match before the Bobcats got
their legs...

I am so proud of the Bobcats for the way they persevered this season. It will be hard for the Seniors for a time, but
as they get farther from this 'Final Game' they have every reason to hold their heads up and be proud of what they accomplished...
TOGETHER!

Go Bobcats!

Celina8
12-13-2014, 09:35 AM
I agree with OM regarding our choice of defense against the Buckeyes. I know this will upset many people but our accomplishments this year as a team was more about us being in a much weaker Region and having a weak district. The future for the Bobcats is Class 5A and that is a fact. We have to start preparing and playing good non district games such as Prosper, Lovejoy, Royce City, these are the schools we need to be using as a measuring stick before District starts. After we got beat by Bishop Dunn we did not play another quality team until Sweatwater. I guess my point or concern is that we are growing as a community and when we do move up to Class 5A where there will be better and more athletes on those teams than the ones we currently play, will we suffer these same type defeats? Gilmer has a great team, but for us to be knocked out of this game before 6 minutes had even run off the clock in the First Quarters that belongs to the Coaches and I am just not going to suger coat that fact. I know they work hard and they are all excellent Men, but we need to be more competitive than the team that performed last night.

lostaussie
12-13-2014, 09:41 AM
Celina played hard and made a few plays in the game. 15 made an incredible catch on our sideline that was amazing to see. With that said........when Celina opened the game with the onside kick, I turned to my wife and said they were already beat. To us that was a statement that we can't win so we're gonna pull out all stops. I think our kids picked up on that....... Hence 33-0 at end of 1st.

bobcat1
12-13-2014, 09:52 AM
In a football sometimes you run into a better team like last night. That doesn't mean they were coached harder or even out athleted entirely. It means as a team they were overall better last night. I am positive Celina players, coaches and fans gave 100% effort last night, so they did all they could with what they had. Yes our running back was injured and yes had be been healthy it would have helped the defense and offense. But consider this, Gilmer lost #8 completely. So an injury or loss like they had are mute points. It is still a team game. The team consists of Fans, coaches and fans. This is just my opinion and you don't have to agree with it. Celina's 100% effort carried them as far as it would go this season. Awesome job Team Celina. :2thumbsup

Gilmer you are Special this year and have something other than a ring to play for next weekend. DEZign8 I think it is. Go bring that title home. Best of luck! :2thumbsup

Friday Night Lights quote: Can you be perfect? This applies to Celina last night and Gilmer next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrVGudlJLnA#t=57

orange machine
12-13-2014, 09:58 AM
Celina played hard and made a few plays in the game. 15 made an incredible catch on our sideline that was amazing to see. With that said........when Celina opened the game with the onside kick, I turned to my wife and said they were already beat. To us that was a statement that we can't win so we're gonna pull out all stops. I think our kids picked up on that....... Hence 33-0 at end of 1st.

There were a bunch of people on the Celina side thinking the same thing.

Celina8
12-13-2014, 10:00 AM
In a football sometimes you run into a better team like last night. That doesn't mean they were coached harder or even out athleted entirely. It means as a team they were overall better last night. I am positive Celina players, coaches and fans gave 100% effort last night, so they did all they could with what they had. Yes our running back was injured and yes had be been healthy it would have helped the defense and offense. But consider this, Gilmer lost #8 completely. So an injury or loss like they had are mute points. It is still a team game. The team consists of Fans, coaches and fans. This is just my opinion and you don't have to agree with it. Celina's 100% effort carried them as far as it would go this season. Awesome job Team Celina. :2thumbsup

Gilmer you are Special this year and have something other than a ring to play for next weekend. DEZign8 I think it is. Go bring that title home. Best of luck! :2thumbsup

Bobcat1 you are right and I think your post express the hard work and effort that our team put into this season and for that I am very proud of these young men. I do though want to see us scheduling the teams I mentioned just for the fact that we will be moving up in classification and we have to start preparing now in all our sports not just football.

Celina8
12-13-2014, 10:04 AM

I knew we would have to gamble so this did not surprise me at all. Gilmer just had so much talent on the field! Hope Santa brings you another State Title this year!

buckeyebob
12-13-2014, 10:18 AM
What difference would it have made I mean really?

It appeared that some of the officials got involved in the game...the back judge was terrible...call holding on one team & not the other is wrong & sucks

lostaussie
12-13-2014, 10:21 AM
It appeared that some of the officials got involved in the game...the back judge was terrible...call holding on one team & not the other is wrong & sucks

Come Bob. You are making yourself sound petty.......we won 67-14.......pretty sure everything is gonna be OK

buckeyebob
12-13-2014, 10:21 AM
Pretty much over before it ever really got started. Congratulations Gilmer you have a great team and I will be pulling for you to bring home another State Title this year. For the Bobcats congratulation on your season and for you Sr there will be more joys and accomplishments ahead for you in life trust me on this. For the Bobcat faithful, this was a difficult game to watch and to write or type anymore would probably be unwise on my part. Everyone have a safe drive home tonight especially the Gilmer fans as you have a little further to go. Gilmer you really have a great team and it was a lot of fun this week particiapting with you on this forum. Go get another State Title Buckeyes!

Been there, done that...we took it from Navasota in 2012 SC Game.

orange machine
12-13-2014, 10:24 AM

Fact is at this level some refs will feel sorry for a team getting destroyed and feel the need to want to help ease there suffering some.

buckeyebob
12-13-2014, 10:24 AM

I did feel we could take it...I never saw this coming...the Buckeyes took control at the start & never let go.

buckeyebob
12-13-2014, 10:30 AM

on both sides...an epic game that will go down in the annals of Buckeye Lore...two storied programs of Texas Friday Night Footbal with two teams giving it their all...don't get much better

gomeangreen
12-13-2014, 10:33 AM
:spitlol:
Officiating you got to be kidding

Out prepared and out coached again-period

Great group of kids that got beat because of leadership. Not saying they would have beat gilmer but would not have been embarrassed
Good luck seniors And a great career representing celina since 2nd grade I hope you get the chance to play at the next level

As for the other until a change is made this will be the norm. Beating inferior teams because of the talent of the kids and running into a wall against top level teams because of being out coached

d0tc0m
12-13-2014, 10:34 AM
Well, didn't get to get on here last night, but congratulations to Gilmer. You guys sound like the real deal. Everyone knew it was going to be a tough assignment for the Bobcats, and a lot of things had to go our way for us to have a chance. The Buckeyes made sure the David and Goliath narrative never manifested last night, and that's what truly great teams do. Hats off to the players and coaching staff of Gilmer. One win away, and I think we'll be talking about one of the best Buckeye teams ever. Truly tremendous athletes on that team.

And a congratulations to the Celina seniors. Even though this loss sucks and will hang around for a while, it doesn't negate what these kids have accomplished. Wins and losses pass away, but the character of the kids will remain, and I think these boys have made the community proud. And not only that, but I think these seniors have a lot to be proud of. They've helped bring Celina football back, somewhat. And you always hope you leave a program in better shape than when you found it. Now it's time to pass that torch and hope the next group proudly shoulders the burden and finishes the job.

See ya next fall, Bobcats!

d0tc0m
12-13-2014, 10:37 AM
Now that my congratulations are out of the way, I do have some questions.

I didn't get to see the game, obviously, nor did I really get to listen to it. But from what I have gathered, it sounds like Celina was running it's typical 10-1 defense? Was that the case? And offensively, what was our game plan?

buckeyebob
12-13-2014, 10:37 AM

If I might ask the question...do you love High School Football?

I an my Posse are mid 60's with no kids, grandkids, even close friend's kids playing...we make sub-varsity & varsity games every week...then track, baseball, 7 on 7, then football, then track...point is...we make em all because we love the sport & the kids...stay with it...you will not regret it...the guys call us the Old Farts...& we are

buckeyebob
12-13-2014, 10:41 AM
I agree with OM regarding our choice of defense against the Buckeyes. I know this will upset many people but our accomplishments this year as a team was more about us being in a much weaker Region and having a weak district. The future for the Bobcats is Class 5A and that is a fact. We have to start preparing and playing good non district games such as Prosper, Lovejoy, Royce City, these are the schools we need to be using as a measuring stick before District starts. After we got beat by Bishop Dunn we did not play another quality team until Sweatwater. I guess my point or concern is that we are growing as a community and when we do move up to Class 5A where there will be better and more athletes on those teams than the ones we currently play, will we suffer these same type defeats? Gilmer has a great team, but for us to be knocked out of this game before 6 minutes had even run off the clock in the First Quarters that belongs to the Coaches and I am just not going to suger coat that fact. I know they work hard and they are all excellent Men, but we need to be more competitive than the team that performed last night.

We could write the book on week district but you gotta play with the cards you are dealt...how about us starting a pre-season rivalry...we are trying to get one going with Argyle

orange machine
12-13-2014, 10:46 AM
We could write the book on week district but you gotta play with the cards you are dealt...how about us starting a pre-season rivalry...we are trying to get one going with Argyle

That would be awesome but will never happen. I've said before I wish Celina, would schedule more east texas teams.

buckeyebob
12-13-2014, 10:47 AM
Come Bob. You are making yourself sound petty.......we won 67-14.......pretty sure everything is gonna be OK

I was simply replying to another post...I am making a statement that that was what it appeared. There were calls made that we pretty bad...once a call is made, you live with it & move on...if that is petty, I guess I am a Petty Person...so be it

Celina8
12-13-2014, 10:51 AM

I think that would be great for the varsity team and it would give us a very good indication of our strength and weakness. I would love a Saturday night game at a neutral location each year.

Wonkas_Willy
12-13-2014, 10:51 AM
Seems like Celina has to find themselves under these coaches currently there especially on the defensive side. The point isn't losing to a better gilmer team , the point is giving up 67 to gilmer, like 65 to Henderson, 400 yds rushing vs a TAPPS school that didn't even win state in TAPPS.

buckeyebob
12-13-2014, 10:56 AM
Well, didn't get to get on here last night, but congratulations to Gilmer. You guys sound like the real deal. Everyone knew it was going to be a tough assignment for the Bobcats, and a lot of things had to go our way for us to have a chance. The Buckeyes made sure the David and Goliath narrative never manifested last night, and that's what truly great teams do. Hats off to the players and coaching staff of Gilmer. One win away, and I think we'll be talking about one of the best Buckeye teams ever. Truly tremendous athletes on that team.

And a congratulations to the Celina seniors. Even though this loss sucks and will hang around for a while, it doesn't negate what these kids have accomplished. Wins and losses pass away, but the character of the kids will remain, and I think these boys have made the community proud. And not only that, but I think these seniors have a lot to be proud of. They've helped bring Celina football back, somewhat. And you always hope you leave a program in better shape than when you found it. Now it's time to pass that torch and hope the next group proudly shoulders the burden and finishes the job.

See ya next fall, Bobcats!

Well said...http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/yes/nodding-yes-by-a-very-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

lostaussie
12-13-2014, 10:59 AM
http://etsn.fm/gilmer-lays-historic-beating-on-celina-advances-to-fifth-title-game-since-2004/

marler1972
12-13-2014, 11:02 AM
If I might ask the question...do you love High School Football?

I an my Posse are mid 60's with no kids, grandkids, even close friend's kids playing...we make sub-varsity & varsity games every week...then track, baseball, 7 on 7, then football, then track...point is...we make em all because we love the sport & the kids...stay with it...you will not regret it...the guys call us the Old Farts...& we are

I have loved high school football I guess you could say from the day I was born. My uncle was along time high school head coach in Port Arthur until his untimely death in 2000. I will continue to follow and go to games as I have two more boys coming up one is in 8th grade and one in 2nd grade.

marler1972
12-13-2014, 11:07 AM

That was a nice catch but I am a little bias. He said he loved the challenge of playing against two great corners in Boyd and lynch.

lostaussie
12-13-2014, 11:14 AM
That was a nice catch but I am a little bias. He said he loved the challenge of playing against two great corners in Boyd and lynch.

He was almost at a 45 angle with both pinky toes in bounds. It was beautiful.

gatordaze
12-13-2014, 12:50 PM
My thoughts...

First off that was ugly! Congratulations to Gilmer. As long as you get off the bus next week you've got this.

To OM, I guess they heard you because they did not run the 10-1 last night. They ran a 4-3 with 2 safeties. Not that it made a difference.

Kick the damn ball out of the end zone. Surely they can find one kid that can do that every time!

Big boy football may not mesh with long standing Celina philosophies. In Celina everyone that wants a helmet gets one and as they grow the simply cannot dilute their attention across 5 or more HS teams. Not enough coaching to go around. This will get worse as the community grows.

Kids need to earn a limited spot. It can no longer be just "all about the kids". In Celina you nearly have to kill someone to get run off. If a kid can break team rules and be an attitude problem and you know the worst thing that is going to happen is run 20 miles, you will never be able develop the team discipline that is required to really succeed at the higher classifications. Consequences matter. Be clear and be consistent. It will be painful the first few times but the culture will change for the better. (See Charlie Strong)

Lastly, put your best 11 on the field. Gilmer had their 4-5 D1 caliber players playing both ways. Again, Celina philosophy is to 2 platoon to spread around the playing time. There is simply not enough talent to do that. They would be better off playing their best 11 both ways and subbing situation-ally to get them rest. Allen can afford this approach, Celina can not.

Celina has won it all once in 3A. It is time to adapt of become irrelevant.

Just my opinion for what its worth.

buckeyebob
12-13-2014, 01:42 PM
He was almost at a 45 angle with both pinky toes in bounds. It was beautiful.

Yep...it sure was...right in front of me

bobcat1
12-13-2014, 01:51 PM
My thoughts...

First off that was ugly! Congratulations to Gilmer. As long as you get off the bus next week you've got this.

To OM, I guess they heard you because they did not run the 10-1 last night. They ran a 4-3 with 2 safeties. Not that it made a difference. Sometimes they were in a 3 safety scheme and it still made no difference because Gilmer would run then and gash them for going into that scheme.

orange machine
12-13-2014, 01:57 PM
Yeah and sometimes they would line Nick Grant up at safety 25 yards off the ball and have him running in a full blitz only to get stoned at the line of scrimmage. Or sometimes they would run a jail break and bring 9 guys for Gilmer to just lob it up.

buckeyebob
12-13-2014, 01:58 PM
My thoughts...

To OM, I guess they heard you because they did not run the 10-1 last night. They ran a 4-3 with 2 safeties. Not that it made a difference.

Kick the damn ball out of the end zone. Surely they can find one kid that can do that every time!
***Tristan Oliveras, Jr....since Jeff came back home to Gilmer, he has had an Oliveras kicking for him...before Tristan, our Kicker kicked...Tristan is a starting Tackle on the Black Flag Defense...and yep, he can end zone it 95 out of 100...he also does a great Pooch, On Side & Place...notice that the left corner was getting it each time...wear him out...Tristan's Baby Brother is in 7th Grade this year...he will be starting his Fish Year***

Big boy football may not mesh with long standing Celina philosophies. In Celina everyone that wants a helmet gets one and as they grow the simply cannot dilute their attention across 5 or more HS teams. Not enough coaching to go around. This will get worse as the community grows.

Kids need to earn a limited spot. It can no longer be just "all about the kids". In Celina you nearly have to kill someone to get run off. If a kid can break team rules and be an attitude problem and you know the worst thing that is going to happen is run 20 miles, you will never be able develop the team discipline that is required to really succeed at the higher classifications. Consequences matter. Be clear and be consistent. It will be painful the first few times but the culture will change for the better. (See Charlie Strong)
*** Notice my Signature...that is right...not one, boy or girl, in any athletics...it is about character, commitment, honesty, pride...a program that is much more that X's & O's...it is all about the kids***

Lastly, put your best 11 on the field. Gilmer had their 4-5 D1 caliber players playing both ways. Again, Celina philosophy is to 2 platoon to spread around the playing time. There is simply not enough talent to do that. They would be better off playing their best 11 both ways and subbing situation-ally to get them rest. Allen can afford this approach, Celina can not.
***We rotate multiples in every play...fresh legs***

Celina has won it all once in 3A. It is time to adapt of become irrelevant.

Just my opinion for what its worth.

poisoned10
12-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Yeah and sometimes they would line Nick Grant up at safety 25 yards off the ball and have him running in a full blitz only to get stoned at the line of scrimmage. Or sometimes they would run a jail break and bring 9 guys for Gilmer to just lob it up.

This offensive line has done an AMAZING job all year long. It's not often that anyone gets a hand on our QB or that we have a run for negative yardage. These guys are truly the unsung heros of this team. Without them doing the amazing job that they have been, our backs don't have room to run and our QB doesn't have time to throw.

orange machine
12-13-2014, 02:09 PM
This offensive line has done an AMAZING job all year long. It's not often that anyone gets a hand on our QB or that we have a run for negative yardage. These guys are truly the unsung heros of this team. Without them doing the amazing job that they have been, our backs don't have room to run and our QB doesn't have time to throw.

Well they were up for the task last night. I can't tell you how many times I saw Gilmer adjusting their defense to different things Celina was doing. It seemed like Gilmer knew what was coming before it happened. Obviously Celina beat them on somethings, but the in game adjustments were pretty awesome. Gilmer's coaches obviously did there homework.

poisoned10
12-13-2014, 02:17 PM
Well they were up for the task last night. I can't tell you how many times I saw Gilmer adjusting their defense to different things Celina was doing. It seemed like Gilmer knew what was coming before it happened. Obviously Celina beat them on somethings, but the in game adjustments were pretty awesome. Gilmer's coaches obviously did there homework.

Gilmer is blessed to have the coaches that we do. They are very intelligent with a high football IQ. I've never seen teams make adjustments like they do especially during the game. They are masters at scouting and preparing and adjusting.

orange machine
12-13-2014, 02:22 PM
Gilmer is blessed to have the coaches that we do. They are very intelligent with a high football IQ. I've never seen teams make adjustments like they do especially during the game. They are masters at scouting and preparing and adjusting.

They are pretty dang good. I would venture to say that Gilmer, Argyle and Carthage have 3 of the best staffs in Texas.

YTBulldogs
12-13-2014, 02:29 PM
What is Gilmer's Coach Traylor's history? Where did he go to HS and what was his stops at, up the coaching ranks?

Aesculus gilmus
12-13-2014, 02:30 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to claim victory just by getting off the bus.

It is this round that was played last night that Gilmer has mastered. Six out of six since 1981 and five of five since 2004.

In the championship game, the Buckeyes are 2-3. It's time to even that up, but it's not a given.

I know the youth have a hard time comprehending there even WAS a year 1981, much less that anyone lived through it, but I was there. It was very damn cold and also wet that day in Waco.

The good thing about not having a choice about where the championship game is anymore is that AT LEAST, for DAMN SURE, we KNOW it won't be in effin' Waco!

poisoned10
12-13-2014, 02:40 PM
What is Gilmer's Coach Traylor's history? Where did he go to HS and what was his stops at, up the coaching ranks?

Jeff Traylor graduated high school from Gilmer and graduated college from SFA. He was an assistant at Big Sandy for a couple of years before becoming an assistant at Jacksonville. Gilmer is his 1st and only head coaching job. His first season with Gilmer was the 2000 season.

YTBulldogs
12-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Jeff Traylor graduated high school from Gilmer and graduated college from SFA. He was an assistant at Big Sandy for a couple of years before becoming an assistant at Jacksonville. Gilmer is his 1st and only head coaching job. His first season with Gilmer was the 2000 season.

Nice.

poisoned10
12-13-2014, 02:50 PM

To add a bit to his history at Gilmer:

2000 - 6-4
2001 - 8-3
2002 - 8-3
2003 - 13-1
2004 - 16-0 (State Champions)
2005 - 10-2
2006 - 10-1
2007 - 14-1 (State Finalists)
2008 - 12-2
2009 - 15-0 (State Champions)
2010 - 9-4
2011 - 13-1
2012 - 14-2 (State Finalists)
2013 - 11-2
2014 - 15-0 (State Finalists)

Total - 174-26

Celina8
12-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Just curious question for the Gilmer faithful. We talked some on this thread about both city and their economic outlook and some indicated that Gilmer is not growing. Do you think Gilmer might drop a classification in the future? Someone said you are now without a town doctor and the county has no hospital any longer.

poisoned10
12-13-2014, 03:13 PM
Just curious question for the Gilmer faithful. We talked some on this thread about both city and their economic outlook and some indicated that Gilmer is not growing. Do you think Gilmer might drop a classification in the future? Someone said you are now without a town doctor and the county has no hospital any longer.

There are local Dr.'s. The hospital and ambulance service are shutting down or shut down last night. I don't think that will have a big impact on our population or enrollment. But I could be wrong. I doubt Gilmer drops any time soon, if even in our lifetime.

Snotbubbles
12-13-2014, 03:13 PM

They have corrected the no doctor issue. Make house calls too.

Spencer, Randall DVM
Flanagan, Keisha DVM
Nazzal, Cherie DVM

lostaussie
12-13-2014, 04:13 PM
They have corrected the no doctor issue. Make house calls too.

Spencer, Randall DVM
Flanagan, Keisha DVM
Nazzal, Cherie DVM

Nothing like a little oozing from Snot

Sweetwater Red
12-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Hey Gilmer!

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/Bravo_Bravo.gif

Bullaholic
12-13-2014, 04:59 PM
I have always admired both of these programs, and I know it must be hard for the Celina folks to accept defeat given their great winning tradition. Hats off to Celina for having a great season, I was fortunate enough to get to see them play the Bulls in district, and Sweetwater in the playoffs this season-- they did not disappoint one bit. We all know they will be back. Like Red, I give nothing but applause to an outstanding Gilmer team, the kind of which does not come around very often, and I wish them good luck in their quest for another SC.

lostaussie
12-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Thanks Bull. We know not every one loves us.......but that comes from success. I have grown in my older age true appreciation for what Celina has done in the past. We hope to someday be talked about with the like of Celina, Brown wood and so on. Big sense of pride in the piney woods today.

bobcat1
12-13-2014, 05:45 PM
To add a bit to his history at Gilmer:

2000 - 6-4
2001 - 8-3
2002 - 8-3
2003 - 13-1
2004 - 16-0 (State Champions)
2005 - 10-2
2006 - 10-1
2007 - 14-1 (State Finalists)
2008 - 12-2
2009 - 15-0 (State Champions)
2010 - 9-4
2011 - 13-1
2012 - 14-2 (State Finalists)
2013 - 11-2
2014 - 15-0 (State Finalists)

Total - 174-26That's pretty dang salty!

bobcat1
12-13-2014, 05:48 PM
Thanks Bull. We know not every one loves us.......but that comes from success. I have grown in my older age true appreciation for what Celina has done in the past. We hope to someday be talked about with the like of Celina, Brown wood and so on. Big sense of pride in the piney woods today.
Dead on the chili!

lostaussie
12-13-2014, 06:32 PM
That's pretty dang salty!

We looking for 175-26

Celina8
12-13-2014, 06:38 PM
I am going to have to drive to Gilmer someday as I love to drive and explore small communities plus it has been sometime since I travelled East. From what I can tell they have a lot of great folks and I have heard a rumor they have a pretty good football team!!!!!

movethechain
12-13-2014, 07:26 PM
I am going to have to drive to Gilmer someday as I love to drive and explore small communities plus it has been sometime since I travelled East. From what I can tell they have a lot of great folks and I have heard a rumor they have a pretty good football team!!!!!

As they say, "you can't believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see". :D

I also would like to visit Celina some day, hopefully before ya'll grow into something that no one recognizes anymore. Probably no rush to get to Gilmer, as nothing much changes out this way, but we welcome you all the same and enjoyed the chat with the Celina fans this year. The Bobcats had a great year of football and many other teams would have loved to be Celina, win or lose. You all have a great tradition and great fan base along with a very good team.

Aesculus gilmus
12-13-2014, 07:50 PM

Be careful. There are lots of crazy women here.

http://youtu.be/WDgSNj9l2Hg

lostaussie
12-13-2014, 07:55 PM
I've heard the place to be in Celina is the barber shop on a Tuesday morning during football season!!

Roughneck93
12-13-2014, 08:06 PM

http://i.giphy.com/L4TYWQn8rALRu.gif

movethechain
12-13-2014, 08:39 PM
What started all that is the Mother accused the Daughter of not being a TRUE Buckeye fan, because she was dating a boy from Gladewater. :D

Aggie98
12-13-2014, 09:01 PM

Meth is a hell of a drug.

bobcat1
12-13-2014, 10:46 PM

http://i.giphy.com/L4TYWQn8rALRu.gif

Meth is a hell of a drug.

Good Lord have mercy. Were they fighting over their order from Doc's Hot links?

bobcat1
12-13-2014, 11:05 PM
From Celina's Coach Bill Elliot. http://starlocalmedia.com/celinarecord/sports/over-and-out-celina-eliminated-by-gilmer-in-state-semifinals/article_159ea27c-8283-11e4-9c4b-1f009dfc4881.html

tricky1965
12-14-2014, 12:29 AM
What started all that is the Mother accused the Daughter of not being a TRUE Buckeye fan, because she was dating a boy from Gladewater. :D

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!

lostaussie
12-14-2014, 07:35 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/RealGilmerBux/status/544031343152074753/photo/1/large?utm_source=fb&utm_content=544031343152074753&utm_campaign=RealGilmerBux&utm_medium=fb

orange machine
12-14-2014, 09:20 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/RealGilmerBux/status/544031343152074753/photo/1/large?utm_source=fb&utm_content=544031343152074753&utm_campaign=RealGilmerBux&utm_medium=fb

That never gets old praise the Lord!!!

buckeyebob
12-14-2014, 04:45 PM

Yes indeed my man.