PDA

View Full Version : 3A Div I Semi-Final: Kilgore vs Stephenville

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Manso/V8
12-15-2013, 02:54 PM
I guess the statistical analysis shows that Region 1 is really the weakest region in the state.

Dawgs
12-15-2013, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=Dawgs;1795535]

Wow didnt realize so few champs have come from Region I

Region I State Champs Since 2000

2002: Everman Div. I
2004: Abilene Wyie Div. I
2012: Stephenville Div.I

What about Liberty Hill in 06' & 07'. I know they knocked out Carthage in the 2nd round in 07' so they couldn't have been region 1, but they were this year.

hookandladder
12-15-2013, 03:05 PM
I guess the statistical analysis shows that Region 1 is really the weakest region in the state.

Not in Hollywoods eyes , he does a lot of hot air when his team is doing good. Talks a good game and when his team is winning , starts crawl fishing when they lose. Stephenville is just like all 3A team , good years and not so good years. Region 1 and Region 4 are a lot alike , some good teams but mostly weak teams.

Matthew328
12-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Nope they were Region III in 2006 and 2007

Dawgs
12-15-2013, 03:08 PM
[QUOTE=Dawgs;1795535]

Wow didnt realize so few champs have come from Region I

Region I State Champs Since 2000

2002: Everman Div. I
2004: Abilene Wyie Div. I
2012: Stephenville Div.I

Argument over...14 seasons X 2 = 28 3a State Champions since 2000, and only 3 of them have been from Region 1. And for the region to get there 3rd it took a school with the largest 3a enrollment from a town with 17k people to help them out. I really don't have a dog in the race, but I think everybody has had their glass full of the BS.

lostaussie
12-15-2013, 03:10 PM
[QUOTE=Matthew328;1795536]

What about Liberty Hill in 06' & 07'. I know they knocked out Carthage in the 2nd round in 07' so they couldn't have been region 1, but they were this year.I think at some point LH has been in R1 R3 and R4. Centrally located:D

Dawgs
12-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Nope they were Region III in 2006 and 2007

Geographically that is where they belong is Region 3.

Matthew328
12-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Liberty Hill doesnt belong in any region really....they float every two years...they never stay in one region longer than 2 years it seems

Sville
12-15-2013, 03:21 PM
I admit as a Jacket fan that has watched Sville compete in the 2nd largest classification every year of my
life until 2012, it took me some getting use too the power structure in 3A. The DFW area which we were aligned with for so many years plays great football. There seemed to always be a DFW or Houston area team playing for a 'Ship. East Texas run over the last decade is undeniable. They play outstanding football on a consistent basis at the 3A level.

panfan
12-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Liberty Hill doesnt belong in any region really....they float every two years...they never stay in one region longer than 2 years it seems

I think before this most recent realignment which put us in Region 1, we were in Region 4, and before that Region 3. Anyway, we seem to float due to location. I bet this upcoming realignment puts us back over to region 3 or 4, just a guess though.

BB BULLS
12-15-2013, 04:00 PM
[QUOTE=BB BULLS;1795446]

Lol, I proved my point I was trying to make. You come on here and discredit Stephenville and when they finally got beat, you say told you so. You wanted to get a rise out of some posters. So when I commented how I did and purposely trying to get a reaction, it worked. See, anyone can say anything on here to get under the skin of folks. It just depends what pushes the buttons. No sweat off my back. I know with no doubt, Stephenville would have challenged Kilgore much more with a 100% Stidham. It still takes the whole team, but the offense goes through Stidham. ;)

Hope to see several at Jerry World next week. That's one of the things about this board I love, getting to meet lots of great people.

Don't take it personal BB BULLS, I was just making a point. :D

how did I discredit Stephenville? I just showed you what I had posted earlier and commented. you did not get under my skin and I don't take anything personal from someone I don't even know. I have give you guys your prop's all year. been traveling all morning if I can back in time will try and be at Jerry's world. if I make it maybe we could meet, that way could see how chunky I really am hahahahahaha BE HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

hollywood
12-15-2013, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=hollywood;1795531]

Hollywood I like your post sometimes, and I know you support your team no matter what and that's a true fan. But you are by far the most passive aggressive delusional poster on this entire board. Oh, and I'm just trying to make a point, so don't get your feelings hurt. You crawfish so much you don't know if your coming or going. Region 1 is terrible. You guys dropped down last year, and had a special season last year, congrats. Name the top 5 teams regardless of division in region 1. Ville & Graham? Both got donkey stomped. Actually region 4 is usually pretty good. Just as good or better than region 1 year in and year out. Wimberly has won some titles over the last couple of years. Besides that Ville dropped down and was the biggest school in 3a with a good team and won a title for region 1. Tell me the last time before that Region 1 won a title at the 3a level. I would bet my pay check La Grange would donkey stomp Ville too.

Love you too Dawgs! Hey, this is just a message board (and much thanks to ALL that make this happen by the way, awesome job) where we can get on here and blow hot air (smack, banter, stir the pot, etc) and have fun. Most didn't get Rocket. And I'm not saying I'm trying to be like Rocket :rolleyes:, but just having fun. I'm way too busy to do in depth analysis of all the teams and go to 100+ games a year and break down film, etc. I like sports in general and live HS football. To be quite honest, I respect all programs, period. The dedication, committment these coaches across America have to teach kids how to compete and be accountable for their actions is very commendable! My voice to all is, don't take it too serious. Yes, some on here have careers that center around HS sports. That's awesome. I like to have fun. It tops the cake for me to get to meet posters and get to know them on a personal basis. I've met some really good people from this site. If you're not enjoying life, you're not living.

Have fun!

hollywood
12-15-2013, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE=hollywood;1795488]

how did I discredit Stephenville? I just showed you what I had posted earlier and commented. you did not get under my skin and I don't take anything personal from someone I don't even know. I have give you guys your prop's all year. been traveling all morning if I can back in time will try and be at Jerry's world. if I make it maybe we could meet, that way could see how chunky I really am hahahahahaha BE HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

LOL, I know BB BULLS. It's all in fun for me. Would be grey to meet ya. :thumbsup:

BB BULLS
12-15-2013, 04:08 PM
[QUOTE=BB BULLS;1795565]

LOL, I know BB BULLS. It's all in fun for me. Would be grey to meet ya. :thumbsup:

COOL WILL LET YOU KNOW IF WE MAKE IT

defense51
12-15-2013, 06:53 PM

Hollywood I like your post sometimes, and I know you support your team no matter what and that's a true fan. But you are by far the most passive aggressive delusional poster on this entire board. Oh, and I'm just trying to make a point, so don't get your feelings hurt. You crawfish so much you don't know if your coming or going. Region 1 is terrible. You guys dropped down last year, and had a special season last year, congrats. Name the top 5 teams regardless of division in region 1. Ville & Graham? Both got donkey stomped. Actually region 4 is usually pretty good. Just as good or better than region 1 year in and year out. Wimberly has won some titles over the last couple of years. Besides that Ville dropped down and was the biggest school in 3a with a good team and won a title for region 1. Tell me the last time before that Region 1 won a title at the 3a level. I would bet my pay check La Grange would donkey stomp Ville too.

Hollywood gives the Alvarado posters as much of a hard time as any team, but if you ever get a chance to meet him you'll realize he's all class!

hollywood
12-15-2013, 08:00 PM

Dawgs, I didn't read all of your post. The last statement, very easy to say after the loss. I'm not going to make excuses, but, give us a healthy Stidham... I really like our chances. Just saying!

Good luck this Friday. I have no idea who is going to win, but I bet both teams will give it their best dog fight ever!

cr180t
12-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Is Everman reg 1. They won a couple

WhoAmI9753
12-15-2013, 09:10 PM
[QUOTE=Dawgs;1795535]

Dawgs, I didn't read all of your post. The last statement, very easy to say after the loss. I'm not going to make excuses, but, give us a healthy Stidham... I really like our chances. Just saying!

Good luck this Friday. I have no idea who is going to win, but I bet both teams will give it their best dog fight ever!

Man come on Hollywood now before the gm everything was fine with Stidham and now that he got shut down and now all of a sudden his hamstring kept him from playing his gm NOPE it was our D that's just how good they are!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

hollywood
12-15-2013, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE=hollywood;1795622]

Man come on Hollywood now before the gm everything was fine with Stidham and now that he got shut down and now all of a sudden his hamstring kept him from playing his gm NOPE it was our D that's just how good they are!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Whoareyou, I knew going in, he wasn't 100%. Was I going to say that before the game. No. Did Kilgore know Williams was going to be in the wildcat? No! STEPHENVILLE had to adjust because of Stidham's hammy. Stephenville hadn't ran the wildcat all season. IMO, if they would have came out in the second half and stuck to the the wildcat until Kilgore stopped it, would have been a closer game. Of course that's my opinion. I'm not coaching these kids everyday. I'm positive the coaches did what they thought was the best to help them win. Didn't happen. So here we are. Debating what could have been! Lol

Good luck next week. I'll be there cheering for the Bulldogs.

Jacket97
12-15-2013, 11:50 PM
Congrats to a great Kilgore team. Time to eat my crow. Said I would have to see it to believe it...I saw so I believe. Jackets, great season and nothing to be ashamed of. Kilgore go to Jerry's world and finish the job. Jackets will get back to work this off-season and will be a better team for this loss. No excuses...sometimes you just play against a better team. Last season Jackets had that better team..this season Kilgore did. Congrats is due to both programs for making great runs in the playoffs in consecitive years.

YTBulldogs
12-15-2013, 11:52 PM
Congrats to a great Kilgore team. Time to eat my crow. Said I would have to see it to believe it...I saw so I believe. Jackets, great season and nothing to be ashamed of. Kilgore go to Jerry's world and finish the job. Jackets will get back to work this off-season and will be a better team for this loss. No excuses...sometimes you just play against a better team. Last season Jackets had that better team..this season Kilgore did. Congrats is due to both programs for making great runs in the playoffs in consecitive years.

class.

Jacket97
12-16-2013, 12:47 AM
Have to keep it real...and a healthy Stidham would have made the game more interesting but nothing more. His ability to run the ball, may have converted more first downs and opened up the passing game....but the Dawgs still had a better D than I credited them for. We may have put more points on the board and not have been ousted as badly but Dawgs would have still pulled out the victory. Its fun supporting our community and its football team and program. I love our program and our football team and the coaches, win or lose. And i wouldn't want my boys playing anywhere else....but would like to see both programs repeat again next season and play again. That would be epic.

bigwood33
12-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Ok, where are all of the people who have voiced the opinion that a run first team can't beat a spread gun, sling it around sort of team? I seem to remember a thread a few months back that several S'ville faithful were quick to comment on in support of the theory...may have actually been started by a Jacket backer. What say you now? Kilgore's idea of balance is to run it as much to the right as they do to the left.

YTBulldogs
12-16-2013, 06:12 PM
BW33, you going to any state games? Love to see ya.

bigwood33
12-16-2013, 06:16 PM
BW33, you going to any state games? Love to see ya.
I'll be there on Thursday for sure...not sure about Friday. Since we dropped to 2A, I have been following 2A more closely. You still have my number? If not, I'll PM it to you. I'd love to buy you an overpriced Pepsi product:cool:

Old Tiger
12-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Is Everman reg 1. They won a couple

They were Region II.

Old Tiger
12-16-2013, 06:17 PM
Have to keep it real...and a healthy Stidham would have made the game more interesting but nothing more. His ability to run the ball, may have converted more first downs and opened up the passing game....but the Dawgs still had a better D than I credited them for. We may have put more points on the board and not have been ousted as badly but Dawgs would have still pulled out the victory. Its fun supporting our community and its football team and program. I love our program and our football team and the coaches, win or lose. And i wouldn't want my boys playing anywhere else....but would like to see both programs repeat again next season and play again. That would be epic.
It would have definitely made a 3rd party there watching a lot more interested in the game. I froze my butt off for no reason! lol

Matthew328
12-16-2013, 08:54 PM
They were Region II.

Everman was Reg II in 2001 when they won it....they were Reg I in 2002 when they won it

hollywood
12-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Ok, where are all of the people who have voiced the opinion that a run first team can't beat a spread gun, sling it around sort of team? I seem to remember a thread a few months back that several S'ville faithful were quick to comment on in support of the theory...may have actually been started by a Jacket backer. What say you now? Kilgore's idea of balance is to run it as much to the right as they do to the left.

LOL.. Well when you don't have a QB to run it, not much of a spread, huh? Ville have beat many many run based teams this year and, well, for a long time. Let's see... 4 of their 5 SC's have been against run oriented teams. What say you bigwood33? lol

bigwood33
12-16-2013, 10:08 PM
I say what I always say. Good teams win whether they throw a bunch or not. I know you are a Jacket backer these days but being Brownwood guy, you may remember the Carthage v Brownwood game a couple of years ago when the team that threw the ball the best, and most efficiently, lost to the team that ran the ball the best. I would also point to those Trinity and Katy teams. If you watch them, they are usually about 70% run. And then we come to Kilgore v Stephenville, a 12-1 Stephenville team with. D1 quarterback and a history of developing outstanding QB's. Kilgore throws it 3 times and rolls up 548 yards and 44 points. My point is that there is more than one way to put together a championship team. I just don't understand folks who think the only way to win big is to sling it. One more example from this past weekend, Cedar Hill 19-10 over Lake Travis, CH was 2-7 passing for 16 yards and LT was 16-32 for 170 yards. Oh yea, The last 2 weeks Aledo has been 8-18 for 112 passing yards and rushed for 646 yards. Oh yea, they have set every scoring record anyone has ever seen this year.

hollywood
12-16-2013, 10:18 PM
I say what I always say. Good teams win whether they throw a bunch or not. I know you are a Jacket backer these days but being Brownwood guy, you may remember the Carthage v Brownwood game a couple of years ago when the team that threw the ball the best, and most efficiently, lost to the team that ran the ball the best. I would also point to those Trinity and Katy teams. If you watch them, they are usually about 70% run. And then we come to Kilgore v Stephenville, a 12-1 Stephenville team with. D1 quarterback and a history of developing outstanding QB's. Kilgore throws it 3 times and rolls up 548 yards and 44 points. My point is that there is more than one way to put together a championship team. I just don't understand folks who think the only way to win big is to sling it. One more example from this past weekend, Cedar Hill 19-10 over Lake Travis, CH was 2-7 passing for 16 yards and LT was 16-32 for 170 yards. Oh yea, The last 2 weeks Aledo has been 8-18 for 112 passing yards and rushed for 646 yards. Oh yea, they have set every scoring record anyone has ever seen this year.

Oh I agree bigwood33! A good team is a good team whether they can sling it, wing it, run it, or all three! Most of the time, it's the teams that have the best OL/DL combination. We saw that with Carthage/Brownwood 2010 semi.

toddg
12-16-2013, 11:09 PM
The best team in Texas HS football this year runs the power I...Nuff Said :)

bigwood33
12-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Most of the time, it's the teams that have the best OL/DL combination.
Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

oldtownag
12-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Carthage runs the power I!

waterboy
12-17-2013, 09:03 AM
Carthage runs the power I!

They run a multiple set, and the power I is just one of them. They are tough to stop for sure. It takes a very disciplined defense to keep the Carthage offense in check.

Sville
12-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Sville was a predominantly run team this year out 775 offensive plays they ran the ball 502 times, 65% of the time. The better team last Saturday won plain and simple.

hollywood
12-17-2013, 11:00 PM
Sville was a predominantly run team this year out 775 offensive plays they ran the ball 502 times, 65% of the time. The better team last Saturday won plain and simple.

I agree Sville. The better team on Saturday won.

Jarrett Stidham regular season highlights with a great supporting cast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixyEIxP8OWM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Old Tiger
12-17-2013, 11:18 PM
I agree Sville. The better team on Saturday won.

Jarrett Stidham regular season highlights with a great supporting cast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixyEIxP8OWM&feature=youtube_gdata_playerput together some Keagun? highlights

hollywood
12-17-2013, 11:41 PM
put together some Keagun? highlights

I'm sure there will be one or two soon.

I found this one amusing. Just 2 years ago when he was 12 yrs old. At 14, he was running around, away from, through, and over some of Kilgore's 18 year olds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW5tEYyOmfU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

jason
12-18-2013, 08:52 AM
maybe the folks in kilgore will see this and actually realize he really was only playing on one good leg

CP3Dad
12-18-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm sure there will be one or two soon.

I found this one amusing. Just 2 years ago when he was 12 yrs old. At 14, he was running around, away from, through, and over some of Kilgore's 18 year olds.

That's cool, thanks for posting. Haven't seen him play yet, but saw him at a Jr. High track meet last year. He didn't look like most of the other kids. My 14 yr. old is 4'-10" and 95 lbs.
Should be an interesting matchup in a few years, lol. Will be fun to follow this kid, keep us updated.