PDA

View Full Version : Region I Week 7 GotW: Stephenville(5-1) Vs. Alvarado(6-1)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

toddg
10-15-2012, 02:19 PM
I'll give Katyrado this, I haven't been this pumped about a game since Aledo. It is b/c of the fan interaction, good team and good fans make for an exciting game atmosphere. Alvarado has both.

i like it! i highly doubt the jackets would want any part of Katy this year..lol! but our coach is a proud alum and former coach..he would get a good chuckle seeing that moniker!

the rest of your statement...AMEN !!:2thumbsup

GrTigers6
10-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Let's not forget that it took almost a miracle from GR to pull off an upset. Onside kicks, trick plays, a few extra corriculer fowls by Stephenville that kept Glen Rose in the game. Enough "what if's" for an entire season! lolThat was not the point I was trying to make but lets look at that a second.
1. We got nothing out of the onside kick. ( 30 yard play called back for holding) then 3 and out.
2. We ran one trick play See above( called back for holding)
3. And the fowls by Stephenville might actually be because of the fustration they were feeling because they thought that they would be up by 60 at that point. And they were getting scared.:D:1popcorn:

defense51
10-15-2012, 02:33 PM
I'll give Katyrado this, I haven't been this pumped about a game since Aledo. It is b/c of the fan interaction, good team and good fans make for an exciting game atmosphere. Alvarado has both. A compliment from Sville?
I think hell just froze over... :vrycnfsd: It's gonna be a wild one, probably standing room only! Hopefully this starts a good rivalry for many years to come.
My advice for Friday: Come early, stay late, and wear PURPLE!!!

toddg
10-15-2012, 02:48 PM
the parking is not the best...but dont worry about the concessions, the Band boosters are good folks, i highly doubt the douche bags on FNR have anything to do with anything in relation to the game or the facilities...if you do have any problems let me, cobra, defense51, or 83indian know and we will take care of it!!

i would also add: our superintendent, board members, district and school administrators will be there and their #1 priority is that our guest feel welcomed, wanted, and important and have an enjoyable visit to our modest, but very nice facility. and i am sure every effort will be made to make the parking more bearable also.

toddg
10-15-2012, 02:54 PM
won't get to see this game, kind of disappointed.
will have to listen to boots on the radio...oh well....

i may tune in to boots at the game as well..heard he does an excellent job!

Ville-D
10-15-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm sure they will put as much love and care into preparing your food as your very own grandmother would. But if you're still leary, find me at the game and I'll get you something from the Winner's side concession stand.

You don't know my Grandmother... :weeping:

hollywood
10-15-2012, 03:35 PM
It's getting too mushy in here! :ack!:

Katyrado... Lol! Wanna be's!!

Amarillo type team more like it! Undersized but play with a lot of heart!

Alvarado only wishes they could be like Katy. In fact, they want it so bad they have sweaty dreams of being like Katy.

toddg
10-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Go Alvarada, 3 more votes and you will have choked that chicken. At least you can win the poll and some random marching contests.

we will probably beat ya'll in basketball and baseball as well..matter of fact, we did beat ya'll in BBall last year...you will get used to it..GR, Hillsboro, and Venus has.:)

the vote is skewd somewhat...ya'll got atleast 2 votes from the CS peoples!

toddg
10-15-2012, 03:52 PM

Alvarado only wishes they could be like Katy. In fact, they want it so bad they have sweaty dreams of being like Katy.

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/14039/NISHKHAND_0008_-_50.png (http://www.smileyvault.com/)leave my sweaty dreams out of this!!

jason
10-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Don't tell me you're are going to miss it b/c of TSU's Homecoming Bonfire?
no, i committed to play in a golf tournament in wichita falls - was originally told it was the 18th, but turns out he had the date wrong and it is the 19th.

Rabid Cougar
10-15-2012, 04:13 PM
we will probably beat ya'll in basketball and baseball as well..matter of fact, we did beat ya'll in BBall last year...you will get used to it..GR, Hillsboro, and Venus has.:)

Don't drag us into this mess.

#1 TEXAN
10-15-2012, 04:33 PM
I think this one is close till the end then the jackets pull aways 42-35

hollywood
10-15-2012, 05:04 PM
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/14039/NISHKHAND_0008_-_50.png (http://www.smileyvault.com/)leave my sweaty dreams out of this!!

Did someone say Katy?

hollywood
10-15-2012, 05:14 PM
As close as Alvarillo is going to get to a Katy is a homecoming queen!!

$ talks. Last year our new coach kept a group together on JV who have played together for many years in AAU. He flirted with moving a few of them up but in the end decided to keep them together. They lost 1 or 2 games all year and have won their district the last 3 years. This year will be Stephenville's most talented group they have ever put on the floor. Once the football State championship is won and the Basketball team is complete it will be top 10 in Sate in 3A.:tisk::tisk::wave:
As far as Baseball goes we were salty last year and expect big things.:stirpot:

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-15-2012, 05:56 PM

Ok Ok Holly's WOOD. I watched the game film.. Analyzed it.. Amarillo SUCKS..... LV is average.. Not in the same league as us. You did ok against mediocre teams.. Good job so far.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-15-2012, 06:00 PM
I think this one is close till the end then the jackets pull aways 42-35

NO way they put 42 on us.. We would have to get 4 turnovers to even give them the time to do that. I have seen Alvarado use an entire qtr to score 1 TD.. Vs. Ft Worth SW to be exact.. They offense was kept off the field and only score 13 pts. SO f they score in the 20s Ill be really surprised. A good driving offense is the best defense. No miscues we win..

hollywood
10-15-2012, 06:08 PM
NO way they put 42 on us.. We would have to get 4 turnovers to even give them the time to do that. I have seen Alvarado use an entire qtr to score 1 TD.. Vs. Ft Worth SW to be exact.. They offense was kept off the field and only score 13 pts. SO f they score in the 20s Ill be really surprised. A good driving offense is the best defense. No miscues we win..

NEVER say never! Unless you are Stephenville playing Average-rado! No way y'all will keep the ball an entire quarter! lol We ain't FW Southwest. Geez. You know you just referenced a FWISD school. Lol Wow!

We are number 9 in the STATE.

Lions88
10-15-2012, 06:10 PM
I think that Alvarado has proven what it can do in a big game. Lose it by one point.

I change my Mind on the score

Stephenville 21
Alvarado 20:clap:

hollywood
10-15-2012, 06:17 PM
I think that Alvarado has proven what it can do in a big game. Lose it by one point.

I change my Mind on the score

Stephenville 21
Alvarado 20:clap:

You can contest to that. Y'all faced them the last years. But this years team for AV is not the same. Weapons are gone. Tee-pee is empty! ;)

defense51
10-15-2012, 06:19 PM
NEVER say never! Unless you are Stephenville playing Average-rado! No way y'all will keep the ball an entire quarter! lol We ain't FW Southwest. Geez. You know you just referenced a FWISD school. Lol Wow!

I'm not convinced that Sterileville's defense is better than Southwest was.

TXfootballboi!
10-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Hold on now loins 88?
Im pretty sure last year you said we couldnt hang with yall and we couldnt shut down the east texas speed? But the score was 35-13 we shut that texas speed down! And chapel hill.. well i talked yo the players and they said alvarado is the best team we have ever playedeven better then henderson last year and they were alot bigger and faster then us and we shut them down the whole game except for 3 plays so try again

Lions88
10-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Hold on now loins 88?
Im pretty sure last year you said we couldnt hang with yall and we couldnt shut down the east texas speed? But the score was 35-13 we shut that texas speed down! And chapel hill.. well i talked yo the players and they said alvarado is the best team we have ever playedeven better then henderson last year and they were alot bigger and faster then us and we shut them down the whole game except for 3 plays so try again

Ok, and your point about this years team is what? You guys dont have the weapons that you had last year. Tbates aint walking through that door. I think the secondary will be exposed and the passing game will be shut down. The Ville will stack the box and thats all she wrote. You guys arent terrible and i think you will make it a game.. but dont go thinking that this Alvarado team is anywhere close to last year :tisk:

toddg
10-15-2012, 06:53 PM
awww...i guess PURPLE HAZE is bad for http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/yellowjacket.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)yellowjackets...http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10272/devil.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Lions88
10-15-2012, 06:55 PM
awww...i guess PURPLE HAZE is bad for http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/yellowjacket.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)yellowjackets...http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10272/devil.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

You killed a blue jacket?

toddg
10-15-2012, 07:08 PM
$ talks. Last year our new coach kept a group together on JV who have played together for many years in AAU. He flirted with moving a few of them up but in the end decided to keep them together. They lost 1 or 2 games all year and have won their district the last 3 years. This year will be Stephenville's most talented group they have ever put on the floor. Once the football State championship is won and the Basketball team is complete it will be top 10 in Sate in 3A.:tisk::tisk::wave:
As far as Baseball goes we were salty last year and expect big things.:stirpot:

looks like you and me are going to have conversation beyond football season!!! gonna be fun year!

Yoe_09
10-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Stephenville(5-1)
L 27-17 to Monterrey Tech
W 41-28 over Aledo
W 31-6 over Beaumont Ozen
W 43-22 over La Vega
W 35-14 over Amarillo
W 48-30 over Glen Rose

Vs.

Alvarado(6-1)
W 64-13 over Bridgeport
W 56-14 over Mexia
W 20-13 over FW Southwest
W 28-14 over China Spring
L 14-13 to Waco Connally
W 35-0 over Decatur
W 63-7 over Hillsboro

Thoughts & Predictions?

TXfootballboi!
10-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Granted that team.aint coming back.. but this team can win. So bates isnt coming back but they have weapons.. they have three WR that can catch they have the two TE that can catch.. they have two running backs that can score and one of them is tyler bates cuz... so try again if you think this team cant win. Not only that but a QB that has started three years now.. and im pretty sure avery saenz was a senior and led his team so im not worried about this team.. they will do fine.. if they do what they are coached to do just like what coach dixon preaches they will beat the yellowjackets

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Ok, and your point about this years team is what? You guys dont have the weapons that you had last year. Tbates aint walking through that door. I think the secondary will be exposed and the passing game will be shut down. The Ville will stack the box and thats all she wrote. You guys arent terrible and i think you will make it a game.. but dont go thinking that this Alvarado team is anywhere close to last year :tisk:

The onl thing this team is missing that really hurts is Tyler Bates.. Other than that this team is much more disciplined than last year.. More of a team effort IMO.And everyone has stacked the box.. And we whip the crap out of stacked boxes..... So try.. It will get exposed lol... This team is GREAT....

Lions88
10-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Granted that team.aint coming back.. but this team can win. So bates isnt coming back but they have weapons.. they have three WR that can catch they have the two TE that can catch.. they have two running backs that can score and one of them is tyler bates cuz... so try again if you think this team cant win. Not only that but a QB that has started three years now.. and im pretty sure avery saenz was a senior and led his team so im not worried about this team.. they will do fine.. if they do what they are coached to do just like what coach dixon preaches they will beat the yellowjackets

Funny, you make it seem like Alvarado has this vaunted passing game. They dont. The only explosive weapon they have is Mcneil and he is no bates. Hardy is an ok runner, but Mcneil is going to have to be the hoss in this game making people miss because the ville will overpower the oline. I try to give you guys props in only losing by one. There is something about you guys and losing by one point. How much was your loss by this year? Oh yeah.. one point.:tisk:

Lions88
10-15-2012, 08:05 PM
The onl thing this team is missing that really hurts is Tyler Bates.. Other than that this team is much more disciplined than last year.. More of a team effort IMO.And everyone has stacked the box.. And we whip the crap out of stacked boxes..... So try.. It will get exposed lol... This team is GREAT....

You arent playing Hillsboro or Venus this week you do know that right?

TXfootballboi!
10-15-2012, 08:20 PM
you make it sound like we cant run? the line is about as good as last years.. we have three returning starters from last year that played against sir calvin and that big d-line and fast defense from chapel hill and they improved by alot... the right tackle is as good as it comes and he has faced the best and isnt worried about the ville or you going to talk about the center.. he has faced 4 300 pounders in his varsity career and has beat them all. so the line wil be fine. and we dont have to have big plays ever play. they are called possieson recievers. and mcneil will do fine.. and that number 8 is a hell of a runner. he might not be as fast as wayne but he can find them holes and get first downs.. if we have too.. we will use the whole first quarter.. just like we did against yall last year

Lions88
10-15-2012, 08:29 PM
you make it sound like we cant run? the line is about as good as last years.. we have three returning starters from last year that played against sir calvin and that big d-line and fast defense from chapel hill and they improved by alot... the right tackle is as good as it comes and he has faced the best and isnt worried about the ville or you going to talk about the center.. he has faced 4 300 pounders in his varsity career and has beat them all. so the line wil be fine. and we dont have to have big plays ever play. they are called possieson recievers. and mcneil will do fine.. and that number 8 is a hell of a runner. he might not be as fast as wayne but he can find them holes and get first downs.. if we have too.. we will use the whole first quarter.. just like we did against yall last year

Good luck, I just dont see this years Alvarado team being better than last years. The only good win you guys have is against Southwest and that was weeks ago.. you been playing cupcakes since then. I bet the jackets are glad Glenrose woke them up, because the teams they have played..wow.. Alvarado might have an 1-5 record right now

TXfootballboi!
10-15-2012, 08:34 PM
granted hey havent played teams like last year.. i mean the bridgeport team was better last year. and that prosper team would have beat southwest also. but they will come prepared to play stephenville they have been ready to play stephenville ever since their offseason

toddg
10-15-2012, 08:46 PM
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/arrow_through~0.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)
little bighorn awaits the yellowjackets!!http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13622/koolaid.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)oh yeah!!

defense51
10-15-2012, 09:00 PM
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/arrow_through~0.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)
little bighorn awaits the yellowjackets!!http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13622/koolaid.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)oh yeah!!fear the spear!!!

Pendragon13
10-15-2012, 09:21 PM
I'll be watching the Bulldogs vs the "Gringos" Friday. Could y'all possibly move this one to Saturday and preferably in a larger, more comfortable stadium that is closer to me? That would be awesome!!They could play in Bulldog stadium since we'll be done with it Friday night....and I'm sure the 8200 capacity would come in handy.:1popcorn:

PurpleReign2011
10-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Why does everyone insist Alvarado has a poor passing game? They don't throw that much, but I wouldn't confuse that for a poor passing game. That's not their style. They can throw if they need to. Pretty good receivers, good tight ends, and a full back that catches everything out of the back field. Along with a QB that has started for 3 years and played in very big games. Crap, he lead his team to two wins by one point and one by two points as a sophomore. Along with big wins against Prosper, Henderson, and other good teams as a junior. Staying with in one point of a team that was by far physically superior in every way in the state championship game. He is used to big games. Passing game is not explosive by any means, but give it a little credit. I think if West and the receiving core come out focused they can do well enough to maybe help back up the safety and create a little more space in the box. That's all they need to do. Its not like we're gonna need like 400 yds in the air or something.

hollywood
10-15-2012, 09:53 PM
Region 1 Week 8 results

Stephenville(6-1)
W 41-28 over Aledo
W 43-22 over La Vega
W 35-14 over Amarillo
W 48-30 over Glen Rose
W 38-14 over Alvarado

Vs.

Alvarado(6-2)
W 64-13 over Bridgeport
W 56-14 over Mexia
L 14-13 to Waco Connally
W 35-0 over Decatur
W 63-7 over Hillsboro
L 14-38 to Stephenville

:clap:

Ville-D
10-15-2012, 09:57 PM
I love all the talk about keeping the ball the whole first quarter. You do realize that after that failed 3rd down conversion you will give the ball back willingly.

I also love the perception that Stephenville doesn't play defense.

Y'all keep on believing it.

toddg
10-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Region 1 Week 8 results

Stephenville(6-1)
W 41-28 over Aledo
W 43-22 over La Vega
W 35-14 over Amarillo
W 48-30 over Glen Rose
W 38-14 over Alvarado

Vs.

Alvarado(6-2)
W 64-13 over Bridgeport
W 56-14 over Mexia
L 14-13 to Waco Connally
W 35-0 over Decatur
W 63-7 over Hillsboro
L 14-38 to Stephenville

that reminds me of a great Roy Orbison song.."in dreams" or the OakRidge Boys.."dream on" but atleast you gave us 14...it will climb to 40 by the end of the week! ha!

hollywood
10-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Why does everyone insist Alvarado has a poor passing game? They don't throw that much, but I wouldn't confuse that for a poor passing game. That's not their style. They can throw if they need to. Pretty good receivers, good tight ends, and a full back that catches everything out of the back field. Along with a QB that has started for 3 years and played in very big games. Crap, he lead his team to two wins by one point and one by two points as a sophomore. Along with big wins against Prosper, Henderson, and other good teams as a junior. Staying with in one point of a team that was by far physically superior in every way in the state championship game. He is used to big games. Passing game is not explosive by any means, but give it a little credit. I think if West and the receiving core come out focused they can do well enough to maybe help back up the safety and create a little more space in the box. That's all they need to do. Its not like we're gonna need like 400 yds in the air or something.

I don't think people insist Alvarado has a poor passing game, just not a strength. Like you said, they use it when needed. Or to keep the a defense honest.

Now with that said, Alvarado better be ready for a D-line with a pass rush like they haven't seen this year. But more importantly, Stephenville's run D is their strong point!

toddg
10-15-2012, 10:02 PM
I love all the talk about keeping the ball the whole first quarter. You do realize that after that failed 3rd down conversion you will give the ball back willingly.

i believe in music!

toddg
10-15-2012, 10:10 PM
I don't think people insist Alvarado has a poor passing game, just not a strength. Like you said, they use it when needed. Or to keep the a defense honest.

Now with that said, Alvarado better be ready for a D-line with a pass rush like they haven't seen this year. But more importantly, Stephenville's run D is their strong point!

i like the jackets D line, they are greatness! i like #22 at LB too...but the indians boots were made for runnin, and thats just what they'll do...well ill get back to the ipod and let nancy sing the rest!!

defense51
10-15-2012, 10:12 PM

They play defense, just nothing above average.
Jackets defense gives up an average of 3 touchdowns per game.

hollywood
10-15-2012, 10:25 PM
i like the jackets D line, they are greatness! i like #22 at LB too...but the indians boots were made for runnin, and thats just what they'll do...well ill get back to the ipod and let nancy sing the rest!!

You can leave Boots outta this! He calls games for the Jackets! First there's Katy. Now there's Boots. Y'all want what you don't have. What's next, build a mini Jerry World to play your home games in so when you win you can pretend you've won a State Championship? :rolleyes:

:D. :wave:

hollywood
10-15-2012, 10:35 PM
i like #22 at LB too

I do too! I've known #22 since he was a toddler. Great young man who thrives in competition!

Ville-D
10-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Pop quiz for you AI folks:

How would you do against:

1. La Vega
2. Amarillo
3. Aledo
4. Gatesville
5. Connally

Win/Loss? Score Prediction?

toddg
10-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Pop quiz for you AI folks:

How would you do against:

1. La Vega
2. Amarillo
3. Aledo
4. Gatesville
5. Connally

Win/Loss? Score Prediction?
1. La Vega-win 24-12
2. Amarillo-win 28-20
3. Aledo-lose 28-14
4. Gatesville-win 35-21
5. Connally-2nd time aroun win 33-14

toddg
10-15-2012, 11:16 PM
You can leave Boots outta this! He calls games for the Jackets! First there's Katy. Now there's Boots. Y'all want what you don't have. What's next, build a mini Jerry World to play your home games in so when you win you can pretend you've won a State Championship? :rolleyes:

:D. :wave: bond election next month:wave:

Ville-D
10-15-2012, 11:21 PM
Todd, how far into the season did you say it took for these power rankings to get to be accurate?

http://www.maxpreps.com/rankings/football/1/division/tx/j2HR5m-TkkCEnPLGV-BvRg/division-3a.htm

Rank----Name--------Power---Strength of Schedule
1-------Stephenville--59.4 ----38.9
17------Alvarado-----36.8-----16.1

59.4 minus 36.8 equals 22.6 point victory for Stephenville?

toddg
10-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Todd, how far into the season did you say it took for these power rankings to get to be accurate?

http://www.maxpreps.com/rankings/football/1/division/tx/j2HR5m-TkkCEnPLGV-BvRg/division-3a.htm

59.4 minus 36.8 equals 22.6 point victory for Stephenville? around playoff time maybe sooner.

Ville-D
10-15-2012, 11:45 PM
Looks like a nice day in Alvarado on Friday:

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/Alvarado+TX+USTX0026:1:US

Fri Oct 19 http://s.imwx.com/v.20120328.084156/img/wxicon/100/32.png
High 78°

Low 54°

Sunny

Chance of rain: 0%

Wind: W at 7 mph

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Looks like a nice day in Alvarado on Friday:

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/Alvarado+TX+USTX0026:1:US

Fri Oct 19 http://s.imwx.com/v.20120328.084156/img/wxicon/100/32.png
High 78°

Low 54°

Sunny

Chance of rain: 0%

Wind: W at 7 mph

Thats good. we dont want any excuses from Stephenville that the ball was wet... or couldnt get footing... We want to beat yall in prime conditions.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-16-2012, 07:36 AM

59.4 minus 36.8 equals 22.6 point victory for Stephenville?
Whats funny is that if Alvarado gets past SV you will still be ahead of us in the power rankings. Id take that.

Hendo
10-16-2012, 08:25 AM
i did! and i liked what they had to say..you think they havent scouted good football teams before? we know what we are facing, we knew it 6 months ago..its no secret how good Sterilville's offense is...and the Indian defense is looking fwd to the challenge, as is our offense..what do you want us to do? send flowers?

I like yellow roses. Ill pm you my address.:redX:

Stephenville will double the highest scoring teams you have played this year 16 x 2 = 32+ points.
Alvarallio 14
32+ Ville to 14 mark it down!!!
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!

vtskneb
10-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Stephenville will double the highest scoring teams you have played this year 16 x 2 = 32+ points.
Alvarallio 14

You can write that down on your big chief tablet with your number 2 pencil!

toddg
10-16-2012, 09:03 AM
i like yellow roses. Ill pm you my address.:redx:
lol!!!

ahs_indian_fan
10-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Alvarallio 14

I figured being from Stephenville you would have trouble reading letters, but do you also have problems reading numbers?
You realize the highest scoring team against us only scored 14, right? That would be 28 points.
Also trying to figure out how you got the 32+ - last I checked, 16x2 was 32, not 32+ ... just trying to figure out if this is some kind of new alien math or something.

I figured being from Stephenville you would have trouble reading letters, but do you also have problems reading numbers?
You realize the highest scoring team against us only scored 14, right? That would be 28 points.
Also trying to figure out how you got the 32+ - last I checked, 16x2 was 32, not 32+ ... just trying to figure out if this is some kind of new alien math or something.

Wont have a problem reading the score after the game. The 32+ means I think its going to be more than 32.
Holding teams to 14 points is over (cupcakes). You will be lucky if you hold Glen Rose under 28 and you dang sure wont hold the VILLE to 14.

Hendo
10-16-2012, 09:50 AM
You can write that down on your big chief tablet with your number 2 pencil!

The little indian boys are probaly still using jumbo crayolas!

Ville-D
10-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Lets throw out some projected stats... That should be fun.

Bullaholic
10-16-2012, 11:16 AM
This should be the best 3A game so far this season. If Stephenville can stop the drives of the Alvarado rushing attack, then I think the Jackets win this one by 7. If not, then Indians by 7. The difference?---It will be in the matchup of the units---the team transitioning better and able to dictate what they want to do will be the winner. Of course, the intangible, as always, will be critical mistakes and turnovers. Cliche analysis, but there it is.

5wide
10-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Ville by 20..atleast. Alvarado dosn't have the offense at all to keep up with Ville. I say 31-10.

franz
10-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Ville by 20..atleast. Alvarado dosn't have the offense at all to keep up with Ville. I say 31-10.

Anybody above average has put about 30 points on Stephenville

defense51
10-16-2012, 12:07 PM
The little indian boys are probaly still using jumbo crayolas!
We'll use them to color over the "S " on the jackets helmet, and replace it with a big "L".

Ville-D
10-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Anybody above average has put about 30 points on Stephenville

So... 50-30 Stephenville?

defense51
10-16-2012, 12:13 PM
So... 50-30 Stephenville? :fnypost:
At least you have a sense of humor Ville-D

Ville-D
10-16-2012, 12:14 PM
We'll use them to color over the "S " on the jackets helmet, and replace it with a big "L".

L for Lambasting that we will be delivering.

Ville-D
10-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Lets throw out some projected stats... That should be fun.

OK, I'll start.

Stephenville Total Offense: 578 yards
Alvarado Total Offense: 226 yards

Ville-D
10-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Poll is 19-19

I guess our goose is cooked. :weeping: :crazy1: :bigcry:

hollywood
10-16-2012, 12:26 PM

You are not the first person I've heard this from. Others that have watched Alvarado play this season have commented the same. Offense is nowhere near last years. We'll find out soon enough. If that's the case, then it will be a long night for the Indians. But, if their offense can sustain long clock chewing drives finished with points, then it could be a game. Alvarado knows this will be their toughest game in the last 2-3 seasons. Yes, even tougher than TCH or Henderson. Mark it down boys and girls.

hollywood
10-16-2012, 12:31 PM
This should be the best 3A game so far this season. If Stephenville can stop the drives of the Alvarado rushing attack, then I think the Jackets win this one by 7. If not, then Indians by 7. The difference?---It will be in the matchup of the units---the team transitioning better and able to dictate what they want to do will be the winner. Of course, the intangible, as always, will be critical mistakes and turnovers. Cliche analysis, but there it is.

If Stephenville can stop the drives of Alvarado's rushing attack, then the Jackets should win by at least 21. Not to discount Alvarado yet, but if this is the case, then again... a long long night for the Indians.

I can assure you this.. Alvarado will be hit, tackeled, blocked, ran over harder than they have so far this season. Going to be a very physical game.

garciap77
10-16-2012, 12:35 PM
GP77, go post crap like that in ya'lls cupcake district's threads!

:D

AV by 35+!:D

hollywood
10-16-2012, 12:37 PM
AV by 35+!:D

Awesome!!! That means SV will win by at least 14. Glad you posted. You know your stuff GP77! Cheers. :clap:

Ville-D
10-16-2012, 12:38 PM
If Stephenville can stop the drives of Alvarado's rushing attack, then the Jackets should win by at least 21. Not to discount Alvarado yet, but if this is the case, then again... a long long night for the Indians.

I can assure you this.. Alvarado will be hit, tackled, blocked, ran over harder than they have so far this season. Going to be a very physical game.

Come on hollywood, quit being modest. How do you really feel about this game? Its like you are running for office and don't want to offend anybody.

garciap77
10-16-2012, 12:42 PM

I can assure you this.. Alvarado will be hit, tackeled, blocked, ran over harder than they have so far this season. Going to be a very physical game.

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13911/350x700px-LL-af6f6319_th_bf-birddancingsmiley.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)If! If! If! Sillyville were better than the 2010 BW team, then maybe they would have a chance against the Might Indians!!!http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13911/350x700px-LL-af6f6319_th_bf-birddancingsmiley.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

garciap77
10-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Come on hollywood, quit being modest. How do you really feel about this game? Its like you are running for office and don't want to offend anybody.

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13969/dancingsmiley.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Ville-D
10-16-2012, 12:48 PM
i believe in music!

Believe this Todd:

All Jackets do is win, win, win
No matter what
Got football on their mind
They can never get enough
And every time they step across the Goalline
Jackets make the score go up....

defense51
10-16-2012, 12:58 PM
L for Lambasting that we will be delivering.

I was thinking more along the lines of (wait for it)...

LOSER
:taunt:

Bullaholic
10-16-2012, 01:00 PM

I give the Jackets the edge going in, hollywood---but I have a lot of respect for those "blue-collar" Indians who are no strangers to hitting.

defense51
10-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Believe this Todd:

All Jackets do is win, win, win
No matter what
Got football on their mind
They can never get enough
And every time they step across the Goalline
Jackets make the score go up....

That's not entirely true, seems like I remember a little team from the football capitol of Mexico that hung one in the Jackets "L" column

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Alvarado will knock your helmet off. That's for sure. And we have had ours knocked off a time or 2. No thing but a chicken wing on a string! U hit us? We will hit u harder!! Dang what a game we are about to have. This is what Friday nights are all about! Bring it!

vtskneb
10-16-2012, 01:26 PM
We will hit u harder!! Bring it!

You will get to make that assessment Friday. We will see who runs out of hits first. And as for bringing it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq08yOneY_0

Ville-D
10-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Alvarado will knock your helmet off. That's for sure. And we have had ours knocked off a time or 2. No thing but a chicken wing on a string! U hit us? We will hit u harder!! Dang what a game we are about to have. This is what Friday nights are all about! Bring it!

We get to see what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

My money is on the Unstoppable Force.

hollywood
10-16-2012, 02:08 PM

What has your son said about all this smack talk? Pumping him up?

hollywood
10-16-2012, 02:21 PM

:stirpot::flaming::1popcorn:

Alvarado! :spitlol:

:taunt:

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-16-2012, 02:31 PM
What has your son said about all this smack talk? Pumping him up?

I'll ask him today. At practice.

hollywood
10-16-2012, 02:42 PM
I'll ask him today. At practice.

What the heck?? Y'all practice?? Figured y'all were so good y'all didn't need to practice. Especially that potent defense. Man, y'all must be nervous!

Sville
10-16-2012, 02:46 PM
I can hear Coach Dixon after the game to his players, "Men I am proud of you regardless of what that scoreboard says. You battled for a full 48 minutes and didn't quit even when the game was decided. Do not get your heads down about that loss. Yall left it all on the field and that is all I could ask for. That was the best team in the state and we will not play anyone else better. I am proud to be your coach and proud to an Alvarado Indian."

Deuce
10-16-2012, 02:50 PM
I can hear Coach Dixon after the game to his players, "Men I am proud of you regardless of what that scoreboard says. You battled for a full 48 minutes and didn't quit even when the game was decided. Do not get your heads down about that loss. Yall left it all on the field and that is all I could ask for. That was the best team in the state and we will not play anyone else better. I am proud to be your coach and proud to an Alvarado Indian."

Funniest post of the whole thread!

GrTigers6
10-16-2012, 03:32 PM
I can hear Coach Dixon after the game to his players, "Men I am proud of you regardless of what that scoreboard says. You battled for a full 48 minutes and didn't quit even when the game was decided. Do not get your heads down about that loss. Yall left it all on the field and that is all I could ask for. That was the best team in the state and we will not play anyone else better. I am proud to be your coach and proud to an Alvarado Indian."But Why would Coach Dixon be talking to the Stephenville players?:D:stirpot::taunt:

TXfootballboi!
10-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Haha so yall can talk trash about coach dixon.. when im pretty sure he coaches circles around yalls coachs i mean three state rings is pretty impresive i might say

hollywood
10-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Haha so yall can talk trash about coach dixon.. when im pretty sure he coaches circles around yalls coachs i mean three state rings is pretty impresive i might say

Coach Dixon is a great coach. No one is talking trash about him.

Are you referring to Katy again? Alvarillo ain't Katy!

vtskneb
10-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Nevermind the fact we have one with 2 state rings and another with 4, plus the former players that are on the staff with rings. Don't go bringing rings into this conversation.

Ville-D
10-16-2012, 04:17 PM

Nobody said anything bad about your coach. You are a little sensitive... Are you sure you are not from Abilene Wylie?

hollywood
10-16-2012, 05:11 PM
It's only Tuesday and over 7,000 views. GOTW is an understatement.

Btw, who's Navasota playing this week?

Ville-D
10-16-2012, 06:20 PM

Btw, who's Navasota playing this week?

I think they are playing Off this week

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-16-2012, 06:34 PM
This is post of the year! Wait and watch how it blows up after Alvarado pulls off the upset! Whos meeting me at the game?

defense51
10-16-2012, 06:35 PM

Btw, who's Navasota playing this week? If the game is anything like the talk on this thread it's going to be a heck of a game! Watching practice today I think it's only fair to give the Jackets a little advice. Lace up your cleats extra tight, and maybe put a couple of extra snaps on your chin strap cause the Indians are fired up and ready to rattle some heads Friday night!!!

Ville-D
10-16-2012, 07:28 PM
This is post of the year! Wait and watch how it blows up after Alvarado pulls off the upset! Whos meeting me at the game?

I'll be there. Where?

Ville-D
10-16-2012, 07:30 PM
If the game is anything like the talk on this thread it's going to be a heck of a game! Watching practice today I think it's only fair to give the Jackets a little advice. Lace up your cleats extra tight, and maybe put a couple of extra snaps on your chin strap cause the Indians are fired up and ready to rattle some heads Friday night!!!

I was going to say the same thing. Most intense week I have seen this year.

TXfootballboi!
10-16-2012, 07:34 PM
No im pretty sure alvarado beat abliene wylie 2 years in a row so im def not from there

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-16-2012, 07:51 PM
How come Ville doesnt have any stats anywhere? we display ours..

Lions88
10-16-2012, 07:51 PM
No im pretty sure alvarado beat abliene wylie 2 years in a row so im def not from there

I like where it says you are from!
:2thumbsup

Ville-D
10-16-2012, 08:13 PM

Where are yours and what are you looking for?

vtskneb
10-16-2012, 08:13 PM

??? Surely you jest...

vtskneb
10-16-2012, 08:14 PM

Great minds think alike lol

Ville-D
10-16-2012, 08:15 PM
2012 Stats: http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1053.0

2012 Box Scores: http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?board=20.0

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-16-2012, 08:16 PM
These kind.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/alvarado-indians-(alvarado,tx)/football/stats.htm

Ville-D
10-16-2012, 08:17 PM

Yep. You going to the game?

Ville-D
10-16-2012, 08:19 PM
These kind.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/alvarado-indians-(alvarado,tx)/football/stats.htm

Our coaches don't update MaxPreps. They use http://pressboxservices.com/teams/11090

I think those are mostly up-to date. Cody's (on syj.com) are the easiest to look at.

defense51
10-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Nevermind the fact we have one with 2 state rings and another with 4, plus the former players that are on the staff with rings. Don't go bringing rings into this conversation.

Serious question. How many coaches are still at Stephenville from the Coach Briles era?

toddg
10-16-2012, 08:56 PM

and dance alike toohttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13911/350x700px-LL-af6f6319_th_bf-birddancingsmiley.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

toddg
10-16-2012, 09:12 PM
a song dedication to all the Jacket faithful, who, with all their outlandish score predictions, here and elsewhere..pass it around you arrogant fools!http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/misc/smiley-vault-misc-016.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee,
Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee.
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/misc/smiley-vault-misc-145.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

defense51
10-16-2012, 11:14 PM
Less than 72 hours till kickoff. :cheerl:

toddg
10-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Less than 72 hours till kickoff. :cheerl:i would like to see #51 and jackets #2 become really good friends friday on the field!!

Ville-D
10-16-2012, 11:54 PM
i would like to see #51 and jackets #2 become really good friends friday on the field!!

You said #2

Ville-D
10-17-2012, 12:01 AM
Serious question. How many coaches are still at Stephenville from the Coach Briles era?

Off the top of my head:

Gillespie AD/HC
Lowery OL
Thompson DC/LB
Copeland DB
Carroll Asst. AD/Head Trainer

Can someone verify this and add any that I missed...

vtskneb
10-17-2012, 12:21 AM
Coaches:
Gillespie AD/HC
Copeland DB

Former players, now coaches:
Lowery OL
Thompson DC/LB

toddg
10-17-2012, 12:29 AM
Coaches:
Gillespie AD/HC
Copeland DB

Former players, now coaches:
Lowery OL
Thompson DC/LB

ok, what does vtskneb stand for? last part better not stand for nebraska LOL!

toddg
10-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Off the top of my head:

Gillespie AD/HC
Lowery OL
Thompson DC/LB
Copeland DB
Carroll Asst. AD/Head Trainer

Can someone verify this and add any that I missed...

man Ville-D..i cant stand the forum on FNR app....if i want to argue with teenagers, i can walk down the hall here! talk about some misguided bozos!

defense51
10-17-2012, 12:39 AM
i would like to see #51 and jackets #2 become really good friends friday on the field!!:iagree:
Hopefully they will meet several times Friday night.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-17-2012, 06:20 AM
Happy hump day!!! 2 more days after today.. The the game of the year begins!

Sville
10-17-2012, 07:39 AM

The Husker fan above answered your question but to be more detailed. These are the Sville coaches with rings that I know of:

1. Coach Copeland 4 as a coach under Briles. He was Briles' DC for all 4 SC. He retired for 5 years and wanted to come back to coaching as a position coach under Gillespie. Coach Copeland has coached at Sville since 1969. He retired in 2003 and came back in 2008. Copeland is the current DB coach.

2. Coach Gillespie 2 as an asst. coach under Briles.

3. Coach Thompson 2 as a player under Briles in 93 & 94. Thompson is the current DC.

4. Coach Lowery 2 as a player under Briles in 93 & 94. Lowery is the OL coach.

5. Coach Kimple 1 as a coach under Coach Morris in Bay City. Kimple is the DL coach.

vtskneb
10-17-2012, 08:18 AM
ok, what does vtskneb stand for? last part better not stand for nebraska LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2UMxbxha8

:)

Coondog
10-17-2012, 09:43 AM
two more days until game of the year?? are you kidding me? we have already played 4 teams better than Alvorado.

TXfootballboi!
10-17-2012, 09:48 AM
cobrafootball is right game of the year begins.. and we will see if stephenville has enough firepower to blow out the indians. or will alvarado knock off the big boys from up the road

hollywood
10-17-2012, 09:49 AM

The Husker fan above answered your question but to be more detailed. These are the Sville coaches with rings that I know of:

1. Coach Copeland 4 as a coach under Briles. He was Briles' DC for all 4 SC. He retired for 5 years and wanted to come back to coaching as a position coach under Gillespie. Coach Copeland has coached at Sville since 1969. He retired in 2003 and came back in 2008. Copeland is the current DB coach.

2. Coach Gillespie 2 as an asst. coach under Briles.

3. Coach Thompson 2 as a player under Briles in 93 & 94. Thompson is the current DC.

4. Coach Lowery 2 as a player under Briles in 93 & 94. Lowery is the OL coach.

5. Coach Kimple 1 as a coach under Coach Morris in Bay City. Kimple is the DL coach.

Coach Dixon coaches circles around Stephenville coaches? Ha! Maybe smoke circles. lol

Listen, Coach Dixon is a great coach with good character and is building a strong program at Alvarado. But to claim he coaches circles around a program as tradition rich as Stephenville's program and with the coaching portfolio's they have? You are clueless my friend. Alvarado is an up and coming, no doubt. They are the newbies to success though... compared to the Stephenville's, Brownwood's, Abilene Wylie's, Celina's, La Marque's of Texas highschool football.

Txfootballboi, you fail again.

hollywood
10-17-2012, 09:51 AM
two more days until game of the year?? are you kidding me? we have already played 4 teams better than Alvorado.

Shhhhh.. This is Alvarillo's state championship game. Let them have their glory before the game starts. They'll be brought down to reality Friday night.

TXfootballboi!
10-17-2012, 09:53 AM
ha nice try but im pretty sure he does coach circles around yalls coaching staff.. not only to having three state rings 2 from katy and 1 from south lake which are the two of the most storied programs in the state of texas.. from taking alvarado from 2-8 and 3-7 to making the playoffs 5 years in a row and improving each year and having the number 1 defense last year and coaching them to a state game which only lost by a point to a team that was there last year and had more experince so nice try hollywood but maybe you should try again before you bring that crap towards me

TXfootballboi!
10-17-2012, 09:54 AM
its game of the year because the stephenville and alvarado rivarly is starting back up but nice try tho ha

vtskneb
10-17-2012, 10:04 AM
its game of the year because the stephenville and alvarado rivarly is starting back up but nice try tho ha

Say what you need to, to get up for this one. As for your comments regarding Dixon, he as taking some beatings already from Stephenville and that will continue this week. Him and his staff have less rings than Stephenville's. Are you changing your criteria for judging who is the better staff?

Pendragon13
10-17-2012, 10:04 AM
ha nice try but im pretty sure he does coach circles around yalls coaching staff.. not only to having three state rings 2 from katy and 1 from south lake which are the two of the most storied programs in the state of texas.. from taking alvarado from 2-8 and 3-7 to making the playoffs 5 years in a row and improving each year and having the number 1 defense last year and coaching them to a state game which only lost by a point to a team that was there last year and had more experince so nice try hollywood but maybe you should try again before you bring that crap towards meNot taking away anything from coach Dixon, but was he HC or a coordinator/assistant when he got those rings at other schools? No doubt he has the program headed in the right direction, but respect is earned over a long period of time....get your coach in the THSCA hall of fame and have success at a high level for a decade or more (at YOUR school) and then we'll talk. ;)

jason
10-17-2012, 10:15 AM

rivalry?
just another district game on the path to another district & state championship for stephenville football...

hollywood
10-17-2012, 10:26 AM
ha nice try but im pretty sure he does coach circles around yalls coaching staff.. not only to having three state rings 2 from katy and 1 from south lake which are the two of the most storied programs in the state of texas.. from taking alvarado from 2-8 and 3-7 to making the playoffs 5 years in a row and improving each year and having the number 1 defense last year and coaching them to a state game which only lost by a point to a team that was there last year and had more experince so nice try hollywood but maybe you should try again before you bring that crap towards me

Wow... you show your "lack of knowledge" each time you post.

Katy and Southlake have earned their spots in strong programs. But to put them as the "most storied". Lol No.. you are obviously discounting programs with much richer traditions than those 2.

Alvarado will have to earn their place in the "storied" program catagory! Before claiming Katy and Southlake as part of your success, wait until you've had at least a decade of success.

hollywood
10-17-2012, 10:27 AM
rivalry?
just another district game on the path to another district & state championship for stephenville football...

:fnypost:

What he said

Sville
10-17-2012, 10:34 AM
What year did Coach Dixon get to Alvarado?

Sville is 4-0 all time vs the Indians
2004- 71-35
2005- 50-15
2006- 26-15
2007- 42-10

Ville-D
10-17-2012, 12:39 PM
The the game of the year begins!

You only get one shot this year...

Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?

You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRhEcKHU5LY

toddg
10-17-2012, 12:45 PM
rivalry?
When's the last time won a district title?2009? Or a state championship? You talk like they win those every year..they don't. And haven't been to a SC in 12 years...

toddg
10-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Say what you need to, to get up for this one. As for your comments regarding Dixon, he as taking some beatings already from Stephenville and that will continue this week. Him and his staff have less rings than Stephenville's. Are you changing your criteria for judging who is the better staff?
Dixon has lost once to stephenville in his first season as head coach here..he has made great strides since taking over from the Howard wells debacle

hollywood
10-17-2012, 01:38 PM
History is history. Traditions run deaper. Alvarado has their chance to show they are making theirs Friday. Let's see how that plays out.

SV 38
AV 14... maybe 21 if they break a long one in the second half.

toddg
10-17-2012, 02:24 PM
History is history. Traditions run deaper. Alvarado has their chance to show they are making theirs Friday. Let's see how that plays out.

SV 38
AV 14... maybe 21 if they break a long one in the second half.

history is just that..history...this game means just as much for the jacket folks as it does for us indian folks..a leg up on the district championship, nothing more, nothing less in the real world..which is where i maintain residence..you wont hear me crying over rankings or anything else pertaining to mythical hiarchy or supposed order of things. i like where Alvarado is right now..and judging from the successes of our sub-varsities and JH teams, looks like we will be here awhile..
the last 2 seasons we have made it to the semis twice and to the SC once..as of right now we are 32-4 since the beginning of the 2010 season..so forgive us for being proud of that..especially us that have kids in the program right now..close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, and hopefully, with a little luck and a lot of hard work, Alvarado will win a state championship someday..i walked out this morning and pissed a ten yard stream! who can beat that? who the hell cares!

hollywood
10-17-2012, 02:36 PM
i walked out this morning and pissed a ten yard stream! who can beat that? who the hell cares!

Now that is funny right there my friend!

Just :stirpot: a little to keep you indians sain!

Oh yeah... ya'll will be 32-5 after Friday. :taunt:

defense51
10-17-2012, 02:43 PM

Oh yeah... ya'll will win 32-5 Friday. :taunt: So you're saying Alvarado wins 32-5, I really don't think we'll give up a safety. :evilgrin:

toddg
10-17-2012, 02:46 PM

Oh yeah... ya'll will be 32-5 after Friday. :taunt:

still a better record than the jackets in the same time span!!!http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13911/chicka.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

defense51
10-17-2012, 02:57 PM
still a better record than the jackets in the same time span!!!http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13911/chicka.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

What is the Jackets record for that same time frame?

Ville-D
10-17-2012, 02:58 PM

I thought you just said this wasn't a pissing contest? And there you go pissing again.... :cheerl:

3 words: Strength of Schedule

Ville-D
10-17-2012, 03:01 PM

2000-2009
http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=21.0

2010-2011
http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=489.0

toddg
10-17-2012, 03:02 PM
What is the Jackets record for that same time frame? 24-10

hollywood
10-17-2012, 03:02 PM

:lies:

:blahblah:

I thought you just said this wasn't a pissing contest? And there you go pissing again.... :cheerl:

3 words: Strength of Schedule

:iagree:

Ville-D
10-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Will this his 10k views by kickoff?

defense51
10-17-2012, 03:05 PM
24-10

10 losses, so another loss Friday night won't be anything out of the ordinary for Stephenville...

toddg
10-17-2012, 03:06 PM

3 words: Strength of Schedule doesnt mean anything in the grand scheme of things..and certainly not this game. apparantly you care..did you piss a ten yard stream this morning? LOL!

defense51
10-17-2012, 03:15 PM
did you piss a ten yard stream this morning? LOL!

Not since I was about ten years old, dang I miss those days!:weeping:

toddg
10-17-2012, 03:21 PM
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10001/urinal-smiley.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/) Alvarado 28 Stephenville 24

What year did Coach Dixon get to Alvarado?

Sville is 4-0 all time vs the Indians
2004- 71-35
2005- 50-15
2006- 26-15
2007- 42-10

Can you Alvaraillos take another beating? Dont freaking compare Ville to Alvarado. Alvarado better get ready for an ass stomping.

toddg
10-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Can you Alvaraillos take another beating? Dont freaking compare Ville to Alvarado. Alvarado better get ready for an ass stomping.

i will freaking compare whatever i want to punk!

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Can you Alvaraillos take another beating? Dont freaking compare Ville to Alvarado. Alvarado better get ready for an ass stomping.well I know of a few young men who are ready to take on the Yellow Backs. Thunder and Lighting will reign down! Big ol TE's are going to put a hurting on that D line. Open holes for that running game! We will pass just enough to beat yall going away.

i will freaking compare whatever i want to punk!

You can do what ya want thats for sure little boy.

hollywood
10-17-2012, 04:44 PM
well I know of a few young men who are ready to take on the Yellow Backs. Thunder and Lighting will reign down! Big ol TE's are going to put a hurting on that D line. Open holes for that running game! We will pass just enough to beat yall going away.

Don't under estimate the DL for Stephenville. Those boys are not small. Big, strong and fast! Probably stack 8 in the box, nothing new to you I know, and whoop that OL/TE combo. Has Alvarillo had many negative yard drives?

Jackets', Indians meet in District 7-3A showdown
RICKY MOORE
Posted: 10/16/2012 02:28:20 PM CDT

Chances are the district title will be on the line when Alvarado hosts Stephenville (5-1, 1-0) at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Charles Head Stadium.

“They have a strong tradition,” Dixon said. “They don’t have many holes in their game. If they were in
Class 4A they would be a legitimate contender for state and many believe they could contend for state in Class 5A.”

Despite all the praise Dixon has for the Yellow Jackets he said his team won’t be intimidated.

“We are building a tradition here also,” Dixon said. “They are one of the most explosive teams offensively at any level. But I feel if we play like we are capable of playing, we can frustrate them.”

The key for the Indians offensively will be moving the ball and controlling the clock.

On defense, Alvarado must find a way to slow the Jackets and limit big plays.

Alvarado Star Article

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:55:24 PM »

Good article but I was amused that coach said frustrate them instead of saying if we play our game then we have a chance to win.

Enough said little indians.

defense51
10-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Jackets', Indians meet in District 7-3A showdown
RICKY MOORE
Posted: 10/16/2012 02:28:20 PM CDT

Chances are the district title will be on the line when Alvarado hosts Stephenville (5-1, 1-0) at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Charles Head Stadium.

“They have a strong tradition,” Dixon said. “They don’t have many holes in their game. If they were in
Class 4A they would be a legitimate contender for state and many believe they could contend for state in Class 5A.”

Despite all the praise Dixon has for the Yellow Jackets he said his team won’t be intimidated.

“We are building a tradition here also,” Dixon said. “They are one of the most explosive teams offensively at any level. But I feel if we play like we are capable of playing, we can frustrate them.”

The key for the Indians offensively will be moving the ball and controlling the clock.

On defense, Alvarado must find a way to slow the Jackets and limit big plays.

Alvarado Star Article

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:55:24 PM »

Good article but I was amused that coach said frustrate them instead of saying if we play our game then we have a chance to win.

Enough said little indians. Frustration causes mistakes. Read into it whatever you want. Bottom line is Coach Dixon shows he has class and pays a little respect to the Jackets and you show no class by putting a negative spin on it. Enough said!!!

hollywood
10-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Anyone want to see how this game is going to go Friday? Sorry to spoil it for everyone but here's a preview.

Avarillo (http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1152.msg7135#msg7135)

Sville
10-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Here is my game break down: http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1176.0

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-17-2012, 05:19 PM
You havent played an O line like this either.. Been studying your games.. All of them.. Average teams you played. Much like us.

Stephenville:

1. Prepa Tech You lost to an 2-3 team. So what it was week 0..... they are bad.
2. Aledo. 5-1 Average this year at best They have played wimpy teams other that yall. Not same team as last year.
3. Ozen. 2-4. Absolute horrible team. A lot like Mexia.
4. La Vega. 4-2 Average this year. Nothing like last. will lose to Connally.
5. Amarillo 4A 4-2. Very average.. Not a top teir team in any classification.
6. Glen Rose. 6-1. Best team you played. By far.. Still China Spriing was the better team when I went to Glen Rose and watched them. (Sorry Glen Rose friends)

Alvarado:

1. Bridgeport. 2-5. Average team with Gabe Huerta. Bad without him.
2. Mexia. 0-7. Flat out bad. Undisciplined.
3. Ft Worth Southwest. 5-1 Good 4A program.
4. China Spring 3-3. Not a bad team but average.
5. Connally. 4-2. Good 3A team I think will win their district.
6. Decatur. 3-4. Average at best.. Maybe even a bit poor.
7. Hillsboro. 1-6. Bad team.

Yes your schedule may have been a "little" tougher but not a lot. And I feel this will be an amazing game. I will be with the sideline to sideline guys for awhile if yall wanna meet Grant and Terry. Let me know. Want my number private message me.

defense51
10-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Here is my game break down: http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1176.0
Obviously Sville is a very knowledgeable student of the game, the post is well written and a good take on Alvarado's offense and defense. I have to disagree with the final score though.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Don't under estimate the DL for Stephenville. Those boys are not small. Big, strong and fast! Probably stack 8 in the box, nothing new to you I know, and whoop that OL/TE combo. Has Alvarillo had many negative yard drives?

We have only punted 14 times all year. If that says anything.

toddg
10-17-2012, 05:35 PM
You can do what ya want thats for sure little boy.

That's just creepy!!

Hendo
10-17-2012, 05:39 PM
I think they are playing Off this week

So if they are playing Off this week and Navasota wins, then that means Navasota beat... oh never mind.;)

garciap77
10-17-2012, 06:08 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/ccrbumblebee/Smileys/footballsmiley.jpgAlvarado 7 Stephenville 3 http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/ccrbumblebee/Smileys/footballsmiley.jpg

hollywood
10-17-2012, 06:52 PM
We have only punted 14 times all year. If that says anything.

You havent played an O line like this either.. Been studying your games.. All of them.. Average teams you played. Much like us.

We know Alvarado is good but average. Been studying games y'all have played too. Amarillo comes to mind.

A song come to mind too..,

Alvarillo by morning
Up from Stephenville with Boots
Everything that we got
Is just what they want too

They ain't got a dime
But what they want is mine
They ain't rich
But Lord they're free

Alvarillo by morning
Alvarillo's on my mind

They try to be like Katy
Talk about it everyday
They lost their game to a real team
Somewhere along the way

Hahahaha!!

Going to be a shalacking for the wanna be's!

:stirpot:

ccmom
10-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Jacketwood, that was a pretty cheesy post (even for you ;)), but it did make me laugh. I love me some George!!

hollywood
10-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Jacketwood, that was a pretty cheesy post (even for you ;)), but it did make me laugh. I love me some George!!

I know ccmom. That was the point! Lol Look who we're dealing with here... toddg, defense51, COBRAFOOTBALL. Sheesh :rolleyes:

Not like I'm trying to be songwriter of the year!! ;)

defense51
10-17-2012, 07:20 PM
We know Alvarado is good but average. Been studying games y'all have played too. Amarillo comes to mind.

A song come to mind too..,

Alvarillo by morning
Up from Stephenville with Boots
Everything that we got
Is just what they want too

They ain't got a dime
But what they want is mine
They ain't rich
But Lord they're free

Alvarillo by morning
Alvarillo's on my mind

They try to be like Katy
Talk about it everyday
They lost their game to a real team
Somewhere along the way

Hahahaha!!

Going to be a shalacking for the wanna be's!

:stirpot:

:D:ack!: :ack!: :ack!: I think the Sterileville talent stopped with Hollywood!

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-17-2012, 08:08 PM
I know ccmom. That was the point! Lol Look who we're dealing with here... toddg, defense51, COBRAFOOTBALL. Sheesh :rolleyes:

Not like I'm trying to be songwriter of the year!! ;)Do you need a hug? Kiss?

hollywood
10-17-2012, 08:08 PM
:ack!: :ack!: :ack!: I think the Sterileville talent stopped with Hollywood!

I know that was way cheesy.. But hey, it was suppose to be. Kinda like the "Purple Rain" "Fear the Spear" "Purple Haze". Come on..

;)

hollywood
10-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Do you need a hug? Kiss?

:kiss:

defense51
10-17-2012, 08:14 PM
I know that was way cheesy.. But hey, it was suppose to be. Kinda like the "Purple Rain" "Fear the Spear" "Purple Haze". Come on..

;)

You get an "A" for effort, but an "F" for content!!! :doh:

TXfootballboi!
10-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Yea i wouldnt say whoop the ol/te combo! I mean the right tackle is big himself! He is 6 ft and 290 ... and the TE with him is 6'4 and 250 so they arent small at all!

hollywood
10-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Yea i wouldnt say whoop the ol/te combo! I mean the right tackle is big himself! He is 6 ft and 290 ... and the TE with him is 6'4 and 250 so they arent small at all!

Oh crap!! :eek:

J/k.... Average size for what Stephenville is used to. But I bet they play hard though.

TXfootballboi!
10-17-2012, 08:38 PM
that right tackle is one the best in the state so dont worry about him and see what happens.. he went against and all state DE from prosper and he happened to go play football at stanford so nice try on saying average size... but let me guess stephenville thinks just bc they are big they dont have to go full speed because chapel hill had people bigger then yall and faster and they went full speed every play and i guess going half speed gets you whooped in the semi-final game against aledo

hollywood
10-17-2012, 08:52 PM
that right tackle is one the best in the state so dont worry about him and see what happens.. he went against and all state DE from prosper and he happened to go play football at stanford so nice try on saying average size... but let me guess stephenville thinks just bc they are big they dont have to go full speed because chapel hill had people bigger then yall and faster and they went full speed every play and i guess going half speed gets you whooped in the semi-final game against aledo

Dude... You seem a little sensative. Do you play tennis? By the way, who's Chapel Hill?

TXfootballboi!
10-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Na i played football .. but whos chapel hill? A 3a school with enough size and speed to compete with a 4a team.. the racked up over 500 yards a game last year 600 yards 4 times and 700 1 time they won state they beat alvarado by one point in the state game.. barely tho

Ville-D
10-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Na i played football .. but whos chapel hill? A 3a school with enough size and speed to compete with a 4a team.. the racked up over 500 yards a game last year 600 yards 4 times and 700 1 time they won state they beat alvarado by one point in the state game.. barely tho

Never heard of them...

They do sound like bad a$$es though. Are they as tough at those Connolly Cadets?

I have heard of Alvarillo though.

hollywood
10-17-2012, 09:49 PM

Oooooh, ok. So would La Marque compare to them?

toddg
10-17-2012, 10:07 PM

;)behind the scenes footage of Hollywood recording his underground, not ready for mainstream song.."Alvarillo by Morning"
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/269664_10150305803299935_34360494934_9154869_81661 69_n.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)get it dude!!

defense51
10-17-2012, 10:11 PM
behind the scenes footage of Hollywood recording his underground, not ready for mainstream song.."Alvarillo by Morning"
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/269664_10150305803299935_34360494934_9154869_81661 69_n.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)get it dude!!

I expected the stripes to be vertical, after all that little ditty was a crime! :helpme:

hollywood
10-17-2012, 10:14 PM
behind the scenes footage of Hollywood recording his underground, not ready for mainstream song.."Alvarillo by Morning"

LOL! That looks more like COBRAFOOTBALL belting out AC/DC's Thunderstruck!

hollywood
10-17-2012, 10:15 PM

TXfootballboi!
10-17-2012, 10:48 PM
This year they suck.. lost all their seniors but they would destory la marque easy.. and you really cant conpare the two teams.. like alvarado they arent as talented as last year but they work alittle but harder then last years team

ogg
10-17-2012, 11:18 PM
im know we are no Ville or any other top team but we had two interceptions in the game and it had nothing to do with the wind. good luck with all of that. i know you are upset about not getting all of your style points that you hoped for. just go back and look at your game tape and you can find plenty of holding if you stop looking thru your purple glasses. the Ville by 21

I've got Stephenville winning this by 17.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-18-2012, 03:06 AM

:iagree::iagree:

JacketBacker
10-18-2012, 06:48 AM
I cannot agree with your assessment.

Stephenville's opponents have a Win - Loss Record of 18 - 12. While, Alvarado's opponents have a Win - Loss Record of 17 - 22.

Aledo has the following state rankings: AP 4A Poll - No. 4 in the State, Dave Campbell Texas Football (DCTF) has them ranked No. 5 and The Old Coach (TOC) has them ranked No. 2. Average? I think not.

Amarillo: Got some votes in the AP 4A Poll, DCTF has them ranked No. 17 and TOC has them ranked No. 19. Very Average?

Waco La Vega: DCTF has them ranked No. 17 in the state (3A), while TOC has them ranked No. 20. Connally is NOT ranked in any poll I found, doesn't mean their not, I just did find one.

Glen Rose (GR): Also got a vote in the AP 3A Poll, DCTF has them ranked No. 25 and TOC has them ranked No. 24.
Also, MaxPreps has GR as the No. 1 Offensive 3A Team in the state with respect to Total Yards of Offense and No. 2 in the state in scoring offensive points.
GR has an excellent team.

To compare Beaumont Ozen to Mexia isn't quite right, Mexia hasn't one a single game this season.

Oh, and NOT a single team you have played has received a vote in the AP Poll and none are state ranked.
Fort Worth SW was ranked No. 4 in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Who was No. 1, oh yeah, ALEDO. Go Figure.

Stephenville:

1. Prepa Tech You lost to an 2-3 team. So what it was week 0..... they are bad.
2. Aledo. 5-1 Average this year at best They have played wimpy teams other that yall. Not same team as last year.
3. Ozen. 2-4. Absolute horrible team. A lot like Mexia.
4. La Vega. 4-2 Average this year. Nothing like last. will lose to Connally.
5. Amarillo 4A 4-2. Very average.. Not a top teir team in any classification.
6. Glen Rose. 6-1. Best team you played. By far.. Still China Spriing was the better team when I went to Glen Rose and watched them. (Sorry Glen Rose friends)

Alvarado:

1. Bridgeport. 2-5. Average team with Gabe Huerta. Bad without him.
2. Mexia. 0-7. Flat out bad. Undisciplined.
3. Ft Worth Southwest. 5-1 Good 4A program.
4. China Spring 3-3. Not a bad team but average.
5. Connally. 4-2. Good 3A team I think will win their district.
6. Decatur. 3-4. Average at best.. Maybe even a bit poor.
7. Hillsboro. 1-6. Bad team.

Yes your schedule may have been a "little" tougher but not a lot. And I feel this will be an amazing game. I will be with the sideline to sideline guys for awhile if yall wanna meet Grant and Terry. Let me know. Want my number private message me.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-18-2012, 07:12 AM
I cannot agree with your assessment.

Stephenville's opponents have a Win - Loss Record of 18 - 12. While, Alvarado's opponents have a Win - Loss Record of 17 - 22.

Aledo has the following state rankings: AP 4A Poll - No. 4 in the State, Dave Campbell Texas Football (DCTF) has them ranked No. 5 and The Old Coach (TOC) has them ranked No. 2. Average? I think not.

Amarillo: Got some votes in the AP 4A Poll, DCTF has them ranked No. 17 and TOC has them ranked No. 19. Very Average?

Waco La Vega: DCTF has them ranked No. 17 in the state (3A), while TOC has them ranked No. 20. Connally is NOT ranked in any poll I found, doesn't mean their not, I just did find one.

Glen Rose (GR): Also got a vote in the AP 3A Poll, DCTF has them ranked No. 25 and TOC has them ranked No. 24.
Also, MaxPreps has GR as the No. 1 Offensive 3A Team in the state with respect to Total Yards of Offense and No. 2 in the state in scoring offensive points.
GR has an excellent team.

To compare Beaumont Ozen to Mexia isn't quite right, Mexia hasn't one a single game this season.

Oh, and NOT a single team you have played has received a vote in the AP Poll and none are state ranked.
Fort Worth SW was ranked No. 4 in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Who was No. 1, oh yeah, ALEDO. Go Figure.Take polls as you want. I dont go by polls.. As a former coach I know. I have watched every game SV has played and who they played. IN DETAIL.... on film.. in slow motion. fast forward... backwards. I see things POLLS dont see.... Aledo is average... Amarillo is average.. Ozen is bad. GR is good..... I'm just trying to get my point across that other than GR, SV has played average teams. Just as we have.. None of the teams SV has played other than GR will even come close to a state championship. So watch what you want in the funny papers. SV is a VERY good team. So is Alvarado. This will be a magnificent game! Oh and SW can beat Aledo.

TXfootballboi!
10-18-2012, 07:52 AM
I agree except for two things... i think aledo and waco la vega are still good and can male a championship run and i dont think sw will beat aledo and if they do then aledo is missing johnathon gray! Lol

Ville-D
10-18-2012, 07:58 AM
SW can beat Aledo.

Really? I don't see that happening. I guess we'll see next week.

I'll take Aledo straight-up no points.

Sville
10-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Ha, you lost all football creditability with me for the FWSW will beat Aledo comment. Aledo wil beat them by 4 TDs when they meet in district play. FWSW wouldn't even make the 3A playoffs in our district.

Ha, you lost all football creditability with me for the FWSW will beat Aledo comment. Aledo wil beat them by 4 TDs when they meet in district play. FWSW wouldn't even make the 3A playoffs in our district.

Yeah he is dreaming. FWSW better than Aledo is a joke. I almost pissed myself laughing at that goofy post.

Under the lights where we stand tall
Nobody touches us at all
Showdown, shootout, spread fear within, without
We're gonna take what's ours to have
Spread the word throughout the land
They say the bad guys wear black
We're tagged and can't turn back

You see us comin'
And you all together run for cover
We're taking over this town

Here we come reach for your gun
And you better listen well my friend, you see
It's been slow down below,
Aimed at you we're the cowboys from VILLE
Deed is done again, we've won
Ain't talking no tall tales friend
'Cause high noon, your doom
Comin' for you we're the cowboys from VILLE

Pillage the village, trash the scene
But better not take it out on me
'Cause a ghost town is found
Where Alvarillo used to be
So out of the darkness and into the light
Sparks fly everywhere in sight
From my double barrel, 12 gauge,
Can't lock me in your cage

You see us comin'

VILLE UP

vtskneb
10-18-2012, 08:46 AM
http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/10/17/4343064/state-ranked-football-teams-stephenville.html

Remember Montezuma's revenge!

defense51
10-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Nobody touches us at all

You see us comin'

You see us comin'

VILLE UP
What did you do with the $$$?

hollywood
10-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Alvarado will execute their game plan about like Amarillo. They fire off the ball quick, hit their holes hard, they tackle hard and wrap up well, key on their blocks but when all is said and done.... will be over powered. I think Alvarado's RB's are much better than what Amarillo had and will make some solid runs. But that plays right in to Stephenville's D.

What's interesting is Alvarado thinks the teams Stephenville has played are average. Alvarado brings a very solid rushing attack much like Amarillo, La Vega, Ozen. La Vega had the best out of the 3 by far. 3 legit runners that could take it to the house any given play.

Let's see how the Indians hold up to the Jackets. We'll all know less than 36 hours from now who wins this chess match.

SV 38
AV 14

defense51
10-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Hollywood, exactly how sure are you that the Jackets will win?

Sville
10-18-2012, 09:52 AM

I am 100% sure b/c I believe Sville is the better team and it will take the Jackets making mistakes either forced or unforced for Alvarado to win. I doubt it happens but we have laid an egg once this year and been damn near unstoppable since then.

Ville-D
10-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Had a dream about the final score... Maybe it will come to fruition or maybe its a pipe dream. I can't wait to see.

Team

Final

Stephenville

Alvarado

hollywood
10-18-2012, 10:02 AM

100% if both teams execute perfectly and the turnover ratio is even. It just takes 1 miscue for either team to lose momentum. Having said that... I think Stephenville can afford a few more than Alvarado due to their offensive style.

defense51
10-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Had a dream about the final score... Maybe it will come to fruition or maybe its a pipe dream. I can't wait to see.

Team

Final

Stephenville

Alvarado

Apparently you need to put down the pipe with that prediction! :smoker:

defense51
10-18-2012, 10:10 AM
100% if both teams execute perfectly and the turnover ratio is even. It just takes 1 miscue for either team to lose momentum. Having said that... I think Stephenville can afford a few more than Alvarado due to their offensive style.
I see you included IF in your answer, and Ville included "i doubt" in his. That makes me think y'all are a little less than than 100% sure of a Jacket victory.

vtskneb
10-18-2012, 10:18 AM
I see you included IF in your answer, and Ville included "i doubt" in his. That makes me think y'all are a little less than than 100% sure of a Jacket victory.

Stephenville will win the ball game and you can put in 3 inch letters!

defense51
10-18-2012, 10:30 AM

That's original!

hollywood
10-18-2012, 10:31 AM

LOL.. of course crazier things have happened. I believe Stephenville will play their best game this year and WILL win by a 21 point margin at least. If that hurts your pride than so be it. I believe in these boys as you do yours. Let's let them take it to the field and watch both teams square off for a display of good THSF. We can discuss our thoughts at the meet and greet at halftime. :clap:

hollywood
10-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Remember the ALAMO!

vtskneb
10-18-2012, 10:37 AM
That's original!

:kiss: I believe it 100%.

ccmom
10-18-2012, 10:38 AM
LOL.. of course crazier things have happened. I believe Stephenville will play their best game this year and WILL win by a 21 point margin at least. If that hurts your pride than so be it. I believe in these boys as you do yours. Let's let them take it to the field and watch both teams square off for a display of good THSF. We can discuss our thoughts at the meet and greet at halftime. :clap:

Take pictures!!! Not of yourself...we have seen you plenty of times. :taunt: Take pics of the new yay-hoos!!

BwdLion73
10-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Nobody touches us at all

You see us comin'

You see us comin'

VILLE UP

:spitlol: I mean really...:doh:

defense51
10-18-2012, 10:57 AM

No pride loss or injury to my pride, I'm not sure how that even came into context. I just made an observation about your 100% comment, guess I crossed the line somewhere??? :vrycnfsd:

Ville-D
10-18-2012, 10:58 AM

Stephenville will win the ball game

Ville-D
10-18-2012, 10:59 AM
Take pictures!!! Not of yourself...we have seen you plenty of times. :taunt: Take pics of the new yay-hoos!!

If you want a pic of me all you had to do was ask....

defense51
10-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Stephenville will win the ball game

What exactly are you trying to say here Ville-D?

Ville-D
10-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Well, it looks like we are the underdogs in this game. I love that role.

Ville-D
10-18-2012, 11:07 AM
What exactly are you trying to say here Ville-D?

There were no Ifs, Ands nor Buts in there!

Ville-D
10-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Who from "Alvarillo" is coming to "Sterileville" tonight for Sub-Varsity Action?

defense51
10-18-2012, 11:16 AM
There were no Ifs, Ands nor Buts in there!

That's the question I was asking earlier, at least you aren't leaving any doubts on the table! :thumbsup:

PurpleReign2011
10-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Alvarado will execute their game plan about like Amarillo. They fire off the ball quick, hit their holes hard, they tackle hard and wrap up well, key on their blocks but when all is said and done.... will be over powered. I think Alvarado's RB's are much better than what Amarillo had and will make some solid runs. But that plays right in to Stephenville's D.

What's interesting is Alvarado thinks the teams Stephenville has played are average. Alvarado brings a very solid rushing attack much like Amarillo, La Vega, Ozen. La Vega had the best out of the 3 by far. 3 legit runners that could take it to the house any given play.

Let's see how the Indians hold up to the Jackets. We'll all know less than 36 hours from now who wins this chess match.

SV 38
AV 14

First off.....I'm not totally sure how our backs doing well, "plays right into Stephenville's D". You lost me there. I just don't get that. Pretty sure I backs playing well is something we are going to need to do in order to win. Second....Alvarado does not think the teams Stephenville has played are average. Maybe some fans on a message board do, but the players and coaches do not. Just thought I'd throw that one out there. And I think that maybe some of our fans might need to cool it with the trash talk.......just a thought. What is the point in giving the Stephenville coaches bulletin board material? I mean, trash talk is ok, but I don’t know if we need to be talking about how La Vega is average, or how Stephenville has had an average schedule. I don’t know if all that is such a great idea........ Because pretty sure they are kinda legit. And have played some pretty legit people.

Sville
10-18-2012, 11:24 AM
That's the question I was asking earlier, at least you aren't leaving any doubts on the table! :thumbsup:

Touche defense51, I would say that I believe the probability of Sville winning is 90%. I believe we would win 9 out of 10 for the reasons I stated earlier. If the Indians had the secondary they had last year I think this would be a pick'em game, but they don't.

vtskneb
10-18-2012, 11:24 AM
First off.....I'm not totally sure how our backs doing well, "plays right into Stephenville's D". You lost me there. I just don't get that. Pretty sure I backs playing well is something we are going to need to do in order to win. Second....Alvarado does not think the teams Stephenville has played are average. Maybe some fans on a message board do, but the players and coaches do not. Just thought I'd throw that one out there. And I think that maybe some of our fans might need to cool it with the trash talk.......just a thought. What is the point in giving the Stephenville coaches bulletin board material? I mean, trash talk is ok, but I don’t know if we need to be talking about how La Vega is average, or how Stephenville has had an average schedule. I don’t know if all that is such a great idea........ Because pretty sure they are kinda legit. And have played some pretty legit people.

You can't put the toothpaste back in that bottle.

Time to put the talk on the table.

Sville
10-18-2012, 11:25 AM
you can't put the toothpaste back in that bottle.

lmao!

defense51
10-18-2012, 11:31 AM

There's a reason this thread has over 10,000 views...

Ville-D
10-18-2012, 11:39 AM

"What we have to do is show 'em... ...We've
prepared our a$$ off, now we've gotta go
preform. You understand me? Now we've
gotta put it on the table, put it on paper
like our man said. OK? They wanna talk? Talk...
...We're gonna put it on paper... ...Where
it'll last, where it means something."

--Art Briles

TXfootballboi!
10-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Alvarado wins! 35-34 thats what im going with!

hollywood
10-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Alvarado wins! 35-34 thats what im going with!

Will you come back to eat crow if Alvarado loses? That's the question. ;)

hollywood
10-18-2012, 11:56 AM

I will try if they show up! I expect a close score at the half so they should. :D

COBRAFOOTBALL and I will try to meet before the game. :twitch: :eek: :1popcorn: :inlove:

TXfootballboi!
10-18-2012, 11:59 AM
Nah im.cause not blowing up the thread with alvarado will win.. im given reasons why alvarado could win and why they are a better team then yall give them credit... so theres a difference.. i call that score because 2 years ago alvarado played a kennedale with more athletes then we ever seen and beat them 35-34 so thats why i call that score

Ville-D
10-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Will you come back to eat crow if Alvarado loses? That's the question. ;)

I'll be here to eat mine if DaVille loses! I like mine grilled. I will also require a bottle of Cabernet to help it go down.

Ville-D
10-18-2012, 12:01 PM
I will try if they show up! I expect a close score at the half so they should. :D

COBRAFOOTBALL and I will try to meet before the game. :twitch: :eek: :1popcorn: :inlove:

I'll be down there before the game too.

Ville-D
10-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Nah im.cause not blowing up the thread with alvarado will win.. im given reasons why alvarado could win and why they are a better team then yall give them credit... so theres a difference.. i call that score because 2 years ago alvarado played a kennedale with more athletes then we ever seen and beat them 35-34 so thats why i call that score

Can someone from the AI side of things translate this?

TXfootballboi!
10-18-2012, 12:33 PM
what do you need translated? that kennedale team reminds me of this stephenville team so thats why i called that score.. so if its not that oh well and if alvarado loses then hey i know they will play a great game

hollywood
10-18-2012, 12:39 PM
First off.....I'm not totally sure how our backs doing well, "plays right into Stephenville's D". You lost me there. I just don't get that. Pretty sure I backs playing well is something we are going to need to do in order to win.

I'll help you out. I said the RB's will have "some" solid runs. Alvarado's RB's are good. I expect them to make some good runs. I don't expect them to rack up yardage like they are used to against Stephenville's D. If that translates into doing well, then that's your opinion. ;)

TXfootballboi!
10-18-2012, 12:41 PM
you cant compare the running backs against the old stephenville to the new stephenville.. the old stephenville had a better D..

hollywood
10-18-2012, 12:45 PM
what do you need translated? that kennedale team reminds me of this stephenville team so thats why i called that score.. so if its not that oh well and if alvarado loses then hey i know they will play a great game

I'll help clarify. Kennedale and Stephenville are two totally different types of teams. Just because there were great athletes on Kennedale's team 2 years ago doesn't mean jack in that they execute Stephenville's type of offense and that was 2 years ago. The match up between Stephenville and Alvarado is this year. Again, 2 totally different teams and match ups! Lol

TXfootballboi!
10-18-2012, 12:48 PM
im saying that we played a team that was more athletic.. kennedale over alvarado that year.. this year stephenville over alvarado.. but alvarado played hard that game and came out with a victory

hollywood
10-18-2012, 12:55 PM
you cant compare the running backs against the old stephenville to the new stephenville.. the old stephenville had a better D..

Is that a fact?

TXfootballboi!
10-18-2012, 12:57 PM
yea that is a fact... they were both 4a teams

hollywood
10-18-2012, 01:05 PM
yea that is a fact... they were both 4a teams

Huh? I give up... I don't think anyone is comparing old teams to this yeas teams besides you.

To say Stephenville's defense was better then than now is down right "lack of knowledge". Anyone know the term for "lack of knowledge"?

TXfootballboi!
10-18-2012, 01:07 PM
so you comparing teams isnt what people do now a days.. so let me guess we dont compare players either?

hollywood
10-18-2012, 01:14 PM
so you comparing teams isnt what people do now a days.. so let me guess we dont compare players either?

Not 2 years ago!! Lol

Have you seen any film on Stephenville or even watched them this year? I'm not saying they are world beaters but they are good. I know Alavardo is good too. You can't compare teams 2 years ago. Lol

hollywood
10-18-2012, 01:16 PM
TXfootballboi, you're fun.