PDA

View Full Version : Who Could Beat or Give Brownwood a Game?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Rocket
09-14-2010, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Just curious which team is going to be the one to go out and put some of the Lions on the sidelines for the rest of the year?:eek:

It could have been your sorry team...but your coaches are too weak and chicken to make it happen.

orange machine
09-14-2010, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
It could have been your sorry team...but your coaches are too weak and chicken to make it happen.

Ok

ctown
09-14-2010, 06:37 AM
Celina isn't even worth bringing up...IMO.

Take your bipolar meds. You have so much obsession with Celina that you developed your silly theory about our team success.

We don't have to go so far as a theory. Brownwood has proven time and time again that they just can't win the big one this century. You are number one with the poles. That's cuz you've sat on them all.

gatordaze
09-14-2010, 07:57 AM

I apologize for the re-post but Rocket either does not read anything that does not have Brownwood in the title or he chooses to ignore posts that he can't argue the point like an adult.

Although I cannot prove it the following are the reason(s) that Celina is not playing (fill in the blank) this UIL alignment. In no situation is it or was it based upon fear.

...The last two years coming off a State Championship in 2007 Celina had a difficult time in scheduling anyone, this was at the end of 2007.

Lytle, TCA, Daingerfield, Whitehouse (4A), and Ft Worth Arlington Heights (4A) where all that Celina could draw. Celina found takers in teams that either were in a class ahead or thought that had it going on and wanted a run at the Orange to see how that stacked up or in the case of Lytle a last minute deal for two teams that could not find a dance partner for week 0 (Lytle subsequently bailed on the back half of the meeting in 09 after a 66-0 drubbing).

Remember that at that time, Daingerfield could see what talent that they had in the pipeline (7-8 D1 players) as could TCA with Johnny Cat at QB and a senior laden defense. Those two teams either won state (back to back for Dfield) or played for state (TCA). Combine that with the emergence of the best Prosper team ever in 2008 and and even better Argyle team last year and the Bobcats had a plateful.

In 2008 we played Daingerfield at home instead of a neutral site because of an incoming hurricane. It was a dog fight with several injuries and generally physical beatings on both sides of the ball. That night, they lost for the first time at home in forever. They followed that up with a 1 point loss on the road at 4A Whitehouse. They then ran into a Prosper team that held a grudge and had a point to make after years of abuse. They beat the Bobcats soundly and Celina was coming apart at the seems. Newspaper articles were being written about players and the gray cats (old guys) wanted a change. Butch stuck to his team and they rallied around Troy Mc. and the seniors. They turned it on in the playoffs and made it to the big dance only to run into a D2 college team in Carthage. I was proud that they hung as close as they did to them as they were severely over matched.

In 2009 they lost their QB to injury against Daingerfield in a monsoon, they lost the second QB a few weeks later. they then lost the starting SAM LB'er after that and limped into the payoffs a 1 dimensional offense that could not come away with a round 2 win even after holding the opponent to 63 yard of O for the game.

Fast forward to schedule day...2010 UIL rolls around and the district powers decided that Celina needed to be in D1 and found a semi-close district to throw us into. Contrary to most Celinians expectations they were no longer aligned with Prosper or Argyle. In fact many talked of a Celina. Prosper, Argyle, PP, and Aubrey district after PP and Aubrey moved up to 3A. What a district that would have been... instead they are in a 5 team district and surprised to be the D1 representative (should they make the playoffs).

So what happened on scheduling day this round?

The following is my guess. Anyone that really knows does not talk on message boards. The following is gleaned from comments that I have heard or theories that I have floated and not had completely dismissed.

1) Celina thought that the likely candidates would be in the district as always.
2) UIL decision morning is quickly followed by what can only be described as the UIL Game Exchange that looks like Wall St.
3) Most coaches would not choose to play in pre-district anyone that they thought they would face in the playoffs as it is always harder to beat a team the second time around.
4) The coaches did not factor that they were D1 so they assumed that Prosper in LL district meant playoff potential the same as with Argyle this relates to #3
5) Some already agreed upon games like Ranchview (Old Coach Classic), PCA, and the Pilot Point rivalry renew if they were not district foes limited the available spots. BTW PP was the one that chose not to play Celina when the prior re-alignment happened. Look what it did for them!
6) After the prior 2 seasons, why play an opponent that your kids and their kids take it to another level increasing the chances for injuries before district even begins.
7) What is to be gained by agreeing to travel hundreds of miles to play Brownwood either home and home or somewhere in the middle, when as stated in #3 and #4 we would see them in the Semi-finals if we were lucky enough to advance.

As many believe that Coach Ford's main job is to win #9, I think he was smart taking a different approach. I don't think PCA and Pilot Point are weak choices and provide enough seasoning to find out what they have. I for one could care less if we had they played 10 scrimmages and then the playoffs as long as the coaches can get the boys ready.

If this is not reasonable and might be what actually happened then tell me why... or just be like Rocket and ignore it or respond with a clucking sound. Whatever...

garciap77
09-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Ask Gatesville how that 7 on 7 comparison worked out for them on the field on Friday night. They actually beat us. ;)

If your coaches had any guts, we wouldn't have to what if this thing, we could see it played out. Until then, it's your opinion verses mine.

If something crazy happens and we do go D1, it will be a HECK of a game and could draw at least 30,000. Jerry's World...

Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Brownwood 2010 3A D1 State champs.

:)

Don't forget since Brownwood beat The Ville (ROCKET said) and if by chance The Ville wins state, then Brownwood would also be the 4A State Champ! To bad they did not scrimmage San Angelo; or did they. Then, if by chance Angelo wins 5A, then Brownwood can claim the 5A title too. Who knows how many titles will be claimed by Brownwood this year!

LOL

P.S. Too bad they will not be able to beat Wylie! LOL

Eagle 1
09-14-2010, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
I apologize for the re-post but Rocket either does not read anything that does not have Brownwood in the title or he chooses to ignore posts that he can't argue the point like an adult.

I say the latter.

Sometimes two teams just cant work out a game due to scheduling issues. We have tried to get Crawford on our schedule in the past, but neither team had an open date. It happens.
Unless one of the coaches from Brownwood (excluding Rocket) come on here and say Celina was "chicken" to play us, then I would just ignore his comments and "Celina theory" thing. The bobcats have a good program and have nothing to prove, especially to those who are jealous of their success, (like me...hahaha...jk).

Kid Ice
09-14-2010, 10:15 AM

Although I cannot prove it the following are the reason(s) that Celina is not playing (fill in the blank) this UIL alignment. In no situation is it or was it based upon fear.

...The last two years coming off a State Championship in 2007 Celina had a difficult time in scheduling anyone, this was at the end of 2007.

Lytle, TCA, Daingerfield, Whitehouse (4A), and Ft Worth Arlington Heights (4A) where all that Celina could draw. Celina found takers in teams that either were in a class ahead or thought that had it going on and wanted a run at the Orange to see how that stacked up or in the case of Lytle a last minute deal for two teams that could not find a dance partner for week 0 (Lytle subsequently bailed on the back half of the meeting in 09 after a 66-0 drubbing).

Remember that at that time, Daingerfield could see what talent that they had in the pipeline (7-8 D1 players) as could TCA with Johnny Cat at QB and a senior laden defense. Those two teams either won state (back to back for Dfield) or played for state (TCA). Combine that with the emergence of the best Prosper team ever in 2008 and and even better Argyle team last year and the Bobcats had a plateful.

In 2008 we played Daingerfield at home instead of a neutral site because of an incoming hurricane. It was a dog fight with several injuries and generally physical beatings on both sides of the ball. That night, they lost for the first time at home in forever. They followed that up with a 1 point loss on the road at 4A Whitehouse. They then ran into a Prosper team that held a grudge and had a point to make after years of abuse. They beat the Bobcats soundly and Celina was coming apart at the seems. Newspaper articles were being written about players and the gray cats (old guys) wanted a change. Butch stuck to his team and they rallied around Troy Mc. and the seniors. They turned it on in the playoffs and made it to the big dance only to run into a D2 college team in Carthage. I was proud that they hung as close as they did to them as they were severely over matched.

In 2009 they lost their QB to injury against Daingerfield in a monsoon, they lost the second QB a few weeks later. they then lost the starting SAM LB'er after that and limped into the payoffs a 1 dimensional offense that could not come away with a round 2 win even after holding the opponent to 63 yard of O for the game.

Fast forward to schedule day...2010 UIL rolls around and the district powers decided that Celina needed to be in D1 and found a semi-close district to throw us into. Contrary to most Celinians expectations they were no longer aligned with Prosper or Argyle. In fact many talked of a Celina. Prosper, Argyle, PP, and Aubrey district after PP and Aubrey moved up to 3A. What a district that would have been... instead they are in a 5 team district and surprised to be the D1 representative (should they make the playoffs).

The following is my guess. Anyone that really knows does not talk on message boards. The following is gleaned from comments that I have heard or theories that I have floated and not had completely dismissed.

1) Celina thought that the likely candidates would be in the district as always.
2) UIL decision morning is quickly followed by what can only be described as the UIL Game Exchange that looks like Wall St.
3) Most coaches would not choose to play in pre-district anyone that they thought they would face in the playoffs as it is always harder to beat a team the second time around.
4) The coaches did not factor that they were D1 so they assumed that Prosper in LL district meant playoff potential the same as with Argyle this relates to #3
5) Some already agreed upon games like Ranchview (Old Coach Classic), PCA, and the Pilot Point rivalry renew if they were not district foes limited the available spots. BTW PP was the one that chose not to play Celina when the prior re-alignment happened. Look what it did for them!
6) After the prior 2 seasons, why play an opponent that your kids and their kids take it to another level increasing the chances for injuries before district even begins.
7) What is to be gained by agreeing to travel hundreds of miles to play Brownwood either home and home or somewhere in the middle, when as stated in #3 and #4 we would see them in the Semi-finals if we were lucky enough to advance.

As many believe that Coach Ford's main job is to win #9, I think he was smart taking a different approach. I don't think PCA and Pilot Point are weak choices and provide enough seasoning to find out what they have. I for one could care less if we had they played 10 scrimmages and then the playoffs as long as the coaches can get the boys ready.

If this is not reasonable and might be what actually happened then tell me why... or just be like Rocket and ignore it or respond with a clucking sound. Whatever...

While some of these points may be true, the fact remains, Brownwood tried to schedule Celina and Celina didn't want none. Period. What you have here is a very in depth, well thought out, excellently articulated, BUNCH OF EXCUSES. We tried to play ya'll to end this debate and Celina couldn't make it happen. I will call this long rambling the WHY CELINA WON'T PLAY BROWNWOOD THEORY.

Rocket
09-14-2010, 10:20 AM

Dang...

I already responded this. It is called The Celina Theory. It was longer than your BS response and more accurate. I am sure we would have played you at Jerry's World. That would be like a home game for Celina. Quit your crying and quit justifying your coaches' decisions and saying that they were not afraid to play us.

2 Quick Points that I am sure your coaches thought about:

1. When Brownwood wiped the floor with your team, they would have been left in disarray and questioning why they even attempted to play the game.

2. It is hard to buy in to being the best when you just got beat by Brownwood, 56-14.

Red&White_9x5
09-14-2010, 10:28 AM
So who do the mighty Lions have this week?

BEAST
09-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
So who do the mighty Lions have this week?

Llano.

BEAST

Red&White_9x5
09-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Could this be a good ballgame?

Rocket
09-14-2010, 10:46 AM
No.

Bullaholic
09-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Llano.

BEAST

Wish I had time to go to LLano to swim in the river and eat some BBQ. Oh, and watch LLano take it to them Lions...:D Don't know how Llano is this season, but I remember when the Bulls played them in the 08' playoffs that their kids were some of the toughest and most relentless I ever saw.

Old Cardinal
09-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Kind of makes you want to pull for Llano

:D

BwdLion_80
09-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Wish I had time to go to LLano to swim in the river and eat some BBQ. Oh, and watch LLano take it to them Lions...:D Don't know how Llano is this season, but I remember when the Bulls played them in the 08' playoffs that their kids were some of the toughest and most relentless I ever saw.

They lost to Bangs, 28-14.

Rocket
09-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Kind of makes you want to pull for Llano

Pull for Llano..

LOL you think we give a crap?

Sweetwater Red
09-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
They lost to Bangs, 28-14.

Yep and that's why a few Brownwood folks are gonna be in Early Friday
rather than make the drive. ;)

DaHop72
09-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Pull for Llano..

LOL you think we give a crap? :tisk: :tisk: :tisk: :tisk:

Matthew328
09-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Brownwood will beat Llano by as much as they want

Bullaholic
09-14-2010, 12:41 PM
What kind of team would it take to beat Brownwood? Would you say they had to be as good or better on offense or defense, or both?

BEAST
09-14-2010, 01:05 PM
What kind of team would it take to beat Brownwood? Would you say they had to be as good or better on offense or defense, or both?

Im a homer but here goes. The Defense would be the key. They would have to have an awesome secondary. You need to be able to cover the recievers without help. That leaves 7 in the box. Your front four would have to be able to overpower our Oline, (thats what Ville was banking on) to get in the backfield and disrupt our Qb/RBs.

Your offense would have to be able to run and throw at a high level. If you are one dimensional, our D will slow you down if not stop you all together.

Then there is the special teams. I dont know what to tell you to do when kicking or punting. Shipley will turn something big out of nothing. I dont know whatelse to say.

BEAST

BwdLions
09-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Don't forget since Brownwood beat The Ville (ROCKET said) and if by chance The Ville wins state, then Brownwood would also be the 4A State Champ! To bad they did not scrimmage San Angelo; or did they. Then, if by chance Angelo wins 5A, then Brownwood can claim the 5A title too. Who knows how many titles will be claimed by Brownwood this year!

LOL

P.S. Too bad they will not be able to beat Wylie! LOL

The Lions didn't scrimmage either San Angelo team this year garcia. However (although I'm not a betting man), I'll put any amount you want down if you think a San Angelo team has a chance of winning the 5A title.

Rocket
09-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Im a homer but here goes. The Defense would be the key. They would have to have an awesome secondary. You need to be able to cover the recievers without help. That leaves 7 in the box. Your front four would have to be able to overpower our Oline, (thats what Ville was banking on) to get in the backfield and disrupt our Qb/RBs.

Your offense would have to be able to run and throw at a high level. If you are one dimensional, our D will slow you down if not stop you all together.

Then there is the special teams. I dont know what to tell you to do when kicking or punting. Shipley will turn something big out of nothing. I dont know whatelse to say.

BEAST

Agreed.

BwdLion73
09-14-2010, 02:20 PM
In the midst of all the offense and defensive highlights I have not heard much talk about our kicking game. Man was he booming some punts and kick-offs. Really helped put them in a field position advantage.

Rocket
09-14-2010, 02:42 PM
I have been looking hard and can't find a weakness on our team...

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-14-2010, 02:43 PM
sealy could beet brownwood

Rocket
09-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
sealy could beet brownwood

beet? Brownwood could green bean Sealy...

Red&White_9x5
09-14-2010, 02:45 PM
They have crushed everyone they have played. Apparently they will crush everyone they still have left to play. They have no weakness whatsoever. I say crown them State Champs right now or move them up to 4A, 5A, the Big12, SEC, or NFC East so they will have some competition. Sounds to me like they are easily the best team in Texas at any level.

DaHop72
09-14-2010, 02:59 PM
I have been looking hard and can't find a weakness on our team... :thinking: :thinking: Humble fans and you know who I'm talking about and who I'm not talking about.:doh: :doh:

BEAST
09-14-2010, 03:13 PM

:D :clap: :clap:

LOL

BEAST

BEAST
09-14-2010, 03:14 PM
They have crushed everyone they have played. Apparently they will crush everyone they still have left to play. They have no weakness whatsoever. I say crown them State Champs right now or move them up to 4A, 5A, the Big12, SEC, or NFC East so they will have some competition. Sounds to me like they are easily the best team in Texas at any level.

Thanks for the kind words. However, I wouldnt go quite that far. I dont think we would do to well in the SEC or the NFC East.

BEAST

gatordaze
09-14-2010, 03:16 PM

There is not a weakness on your team today. Brownwood seems to filled with talent.

Clearly Shipley is all but a lock for the NFL based upon where his brother is and that his is recognized at being further along at this point.

How many D1 caliber players are there in Brownwood this year? How many would you bet will play at the next level somewhere?

Daingerfield had 6-7 over the past couple of years. Can you top that?

RoyceTTU
09-14-2010, 03:43 PM
There is not a weakness on your team today. Brownwood seems to filled with talent.

Clearly Shipley is all but a lock for the NFL based upon where his brother is and that his is recognized at being further along at this point.

How many D1 caliber players are there in Brownwood this year? How many would you bet will play at the next level somewhere?

Probably only a few, but there dosn't have to be, I've been most impressed with the players you don't here about. Sure we know there are a few standouts, but its the rest of the team that is making the other 80% of the plays.

BEAST
09-14-2010, 03:50 PM

Just off the top of my head since 08, Pachall at TCU, Lowe at LSU, Vacarro Texas ( I know he transfered but it wasnt his decision and hes a WOOD boy), Taylor went to a D2 cant call the name, Joseph Henry ENMU, current commits, Shipley to UT, Longoria to SMU. Oh Shelby Miller opted for MLB, does that count?

Notice you used Dfield as a comparison, why not Celina?

BEAST

BEAST
09-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Probably only a few, but there dosn't have to be, I've been most impressed with the players you don't here about. Sure we know there are a few standouts, but its the rest of the team that is making the other 80% of the plays.

I agree.

BEAST

bwdlionfan
09-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Just off the top of my head since 08, Pachall at TCU, Lowe at LSU, Vacarro Texas ( I know he transfered but it wasnt his decision and hes a WOOD boy), Taylor went to a D2 cant call the name, Joseph Henry ENMU, current commits, Shipley to UT, Longoria to SMU. Oh Shelby Miller opted for MLB, does that count?

BEAST

So that's 5 to D1, 2 to D2, and one to MLB that could have gone D2 in football or D1 in baseball.

Hey I know this is old, but my freshman year (1998) we had 4 guys go D1 and 1 go D2 (3 to A&M, 1 to UT, 1 to Eastern NM).

Kid Ice
09-14-2010, 04:12 PM
I don't feel like D1 recruits is the way you measure how talented your team is. They don't have to be D1 caliber to dominate in 3A. When you do have a true D1 (Shipley) then you see how ridiculous it is, but it isn't crucial to have 7 or 8 on one team to be something special. I could really care less about how any of our players will do at the next level. Once again, everyone wants to talk about the past or the future because they know they don't have a prayer RIGHT NOW. What's next? Is it time to talk about Freshman and JV? Or let's speculate on how many Pro Bowls Jaxson will make.

gatordaze
09-14-2010, 04:35 PM

BEAST

That is quite a legacy of top notch talent. I am sure that of you go back further you will see even more. I agree when you see a future NFL player playing in 3A it is just a ridiculous mismatch. Kind of like you picking on a 10 year old huh?

The point you made for me very well is that you are fortunate to have so much talent and yet you still trail Celina in State Championships. Do you know how many D1 players Celina has produced? Don't bother looking at both hands as you wont need them. There are 4 currently and 2 play for UNT (they don't count)! Beyond that nothing of substance since Anthony Lynn long ago.

You want to talk about right now? Not a single D1 lock in this Senior class. 2-3 may play D2 if they get a break.

So how could it be that little old Celina holds all those records that you covet?

68 wins 8 state titles...

Everyone expects you to roll. That is when the pressure starts. enjoy the ride...

BEAST
09-14-2010, 04:38 PM
That is quite a legacy of top notch talent. I am sure that of you go back further you will see even more. I agree when you see a future NFL player playing in 3A it is just a ridiculous mismatch. Kind of like you picking on a 10 year old huh?

The point you made for me very well is that you are fortunate to have so much talent and yet you still trail Celina in State Championships. Do you know how many D1 players Celina has produced? Don't bother looking at both hands as you wont need them. There are 4 currently and 2 play for UNT (they don't count)! Beyond that nothing of substance since Anthony Lynn long ago.

You want to talk about right now? Not a single D1 lock in this Senior class. 2-3 may play D2 if they get a break.

So how could it be that little old Celina holds all those records that you covet?

Everyone expects you to roll. That is when the pressure starts. enjoy the ride...

Well, you won what 6 of those titles as the big dog in 2A? At that same time, we were up in 4A going against some really good teams. However, I dont covet your win total. 68?

BEAST

gatordaze
09-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Well, you won what 6 of those titles as the big dog in 2A? At that same time, we were up in 4A going against some really good teams. However, I dont covet your win total. 68?

BEAST

In a row!

And I did not finish my point...

If Shipley goes down, by what percentage does your team become mortal? Is there another player that can replace him without missing a beat? What about the other two studs. If they go down what then?

I can tell you that there is not 1 player that makes 2% difference to the performance of Celina this season. The most vulnerable is the QB in respect to the passing game. His little bother is more than capable of replacing him although the O balance would shift towards the run. Otherwise Celina is deep and cannot be hurt by the inevitable injury.

Its a long season and anything can happen. Just ask Lovejoy...

Eagle 1
09-14-2010, 04:47 PM
No "I" in Team right?

BEAST
09-14-2010, 04:58 PM
In a row!

If Shipley goes down, by what percentage does your team become mortal? Is there another player that can replace him without missing a beat? What about the other two studs. If they go down what then?

I can tell you that there is not 1 player that makes 2% difference to the performance of Celina this season. The most vulnerable is the QB in respect to the passing game. His little bother is more than capable of replacing him although the O balance would shift towards the run. Otherwise Celina is deep and cannot be hurt by the inevitable injury.

No need to ask Lovejoy, we dealt with it last year. To me, it sounds like you are hoping for us to have injuries. Whats the matter, are you a little worried we might just even up the trophy count that yall love having?

BEAST

gatordaze
09-14-2010, 05:01 PM
No need to ask Lovejoy, we dealt with it last year. To me, it sounds like you are hoping for us to have injuries. Whats the matter, are you a little worried we might just even up the trophy count that yall love having?

BEAST

Not at all. I think you win it his year and still trail celina by 1

hollywood
09-14-2010, 05:09 PM
In a row!

Believe me! None of us fans and certainly none of the players and coached are taking any of this hype for granted! Everyone close to the program and town know that this is a VERY special group and cituation. The town and players and coaches all have the mind set that week in and week out they will have to bust tail to accomplish the goal to get the 8th star.

bobcat4life
09-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Hey gator Randall Cherry went to Texas Tech in 2001 and Adam Harvey was going to Oklahoma St before choosing baseball. And in 1995 Gary Don Moore went to Oklahoma as a linebacker.
Ross Roby had a scholarship to Michigan and didnt have the grades. Frank Maddox went to Arizona St. in 1996. And we had another (Nick something)go to Houston in the late 1990s. Celina has had alot more D1 players than you think.

Looking4number8
09-14-2010, 06:46 PM
Celina peeps, Have yall dis-owned Craig James kid at Tech?

bobcat4life
09-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Celina peeps, Have yall dis-owned Craig James kid at Tech? he was on espn. he is a given lol

Looking4number8
09-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
he was on espn. he is a given lol

I honestly did not know if all you guys were pissed at the James family or simply overlooking him

bobcat4life
09-14-2010, 07:17 PM
I honestly did not know if all you guys were pissed at the James family or simply overlooking him I cant speak for all of us but I really dont care about the Leach situation anymore. Its in the past and will be forgotten by almost everybdy in the next few months. The James' are great people and friends of mine.

Rocket
09-14-2010, 07:30 PM

Celina had a great run back in the good ol' days...

MN95
09-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Kid Ice
Exactly, when you are 1 dimensional, it's only a matter of time until a team stops your bread and butter and you have no plan B. Celina was a good champion, but there time is past, I wish them luck. Brownwood is a look at the future.

This is funny. I have been reading/posting on this board for about 5-6 years. When I started, Liberty Hill was the team everybody was throwing up against Celina, then China Spring, then Daingerfield, then Carthage, then Prosper and Argyle....and now it's Brownwood. As everybody knows, we won some of those and lost some. None of those other teams have remained the measuring stick that Celina is year in and year out, at least for my time on this board. Based on that, what makes you so sure that is about to change?

And by the way, anybody who is paying attention knows we are not one dimensional on offense.

Rocket
09-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by MN95
This is funny. I have been reading/posting on this board for about 5-6 years. When I started, Liberty Hill was the team everybody was throwing up against Celina, then China Spring, then Daingerfield, then Carthage, then Prosper and Argyle....and now it's Brownwood. As everybody knows, we won some of those and lost some. None of those other teams have remained the measuring stick that Celina is year in and year out, at least for my time on this board. Based on that, what makes you so sure that is about to change?

And by the way, anybody who is paying attention knows we are not one dimensional on offense.

Stephenville isn't one dimensional either. But we sure did make them look that way... I would take Sville's passing game over Celina's any day of the week. When they were in a situation where they had to pass, they completed 3 passes in the 2nd half and 2 to Brownwood. :eek:

Celina would get the ever loving danky dog stomp bullcrap beat out of them if they played Brownwood. Trust me. Please...

Y'all were good back in the day...I will give you that.

Tin Cup
09-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Celina's offense isn't the problem it's their defense this year. If our D couldn't stop or slow down celina (which we can) we could still outscore you bc our offense is THAT good and your D has been suspect to say the least.

Rocket
09-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Celina's offense isn't the problem it's their defense this year. If our D couldn't stop or slow down celina (which we can) we could still outscore you bc our offense is THAT good and your D has been suspect to say the least.

YOU MAKE TOO MUCH SENSE!!!! hahahaha

orange machine
09-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Envy

MN95
09-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Stephenville isn't one dimensional either. But we sure did make them look that way... I would take Sville's passing game over Celina's any day of the week. When they were in a situation where they had to pass, they completed 3 passes in the 2nd half and 2 to Brownwood. :eek:

Celina would get the ever loving danky dog stomp bullcrap beat out of them if they played Brownwood. Trust me. Please...

Y'all were good back in the day...I will give you that.

Notice you focused on my "oh by the way" at the end instead of the main point, which there is no rebuttal for.

And congrats, Rocket, you have set the all time 3ADL record for most times saying "trust me" in one thread. Unfortunately for you, your track record of predicting greatness for your team is not to be trusted.

#1 TEXAN
09-14-2010, 08:18 PM
In a row!

If shipley goes then brownwood goes down!

orange machine
09-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by #1 TEXAN

Nope they have to many weapons right Brownwood posters to many weapons. Although what they dont realize is that Shipley opens everything else up. Take out Shipley Brownwood goes down.

#1 TEXAN
09-14-2010, 08:21 PM

Rocket you are the weekness to the team!

#1 TEXAN
09-14-2010, 08:23 PM
Nope they have to many weapons right Brownwood posters to many weapons. Although what they dont realize is that Shipley opens everything else up. Take out Shipley Brownwood goes down.

Your right take shipley away you stack the box take the running game away, pressure the Qb now brownwood is a DECENT football team.

Eagle 1
09-14-2010, 08:25 PM
One thing about Rocket, he gives the other teams coaches some good bulletin board material.

navscanmaster
09-14-2010, 08:25 PM
I think it takes a team with a solid defense. But they have to have a breath of life on offense as well. Take your pick.

navscanmaster
09-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I think it takes a team with a solid defense. But they have to have a breath of life on offense as well. Take your pick.

Using my own model, Daingerfield gives Brownwood a game.

hollywood
09-14-2010, 08:49 PM

Wrong! You are a very ignorant poster if you think that's true!

hollywood
09-14-2010, 08:51 PM

hollywood
09-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Your right take shipley away you stack the box take the running game away, pressure the Qb now brownwood is a DECENT football team.

MN95
09-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by hollywood

Somebody learned how to cut and paste! Congrats!

LE Dad
09-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Rocket you are the weekness to the team! :clap: :clap: Niiiiiiice!!:D

Tin Cup
09-14-2010, 09:05 PM
It actually sounds like people are hoping for injuries just so they can say "I told you so" to rocket and the rest of us diehards. Injuries are very unfortunate and I'd never wish them on anyone. Ask carthange if they wanted to beat Graham without McCoy healthy. Ask Wylie if they wanted to beat gilmer with stump not playing. If you are the best and want to prove it you want to beat other teams at full strength. No team can afford to lose a "Shipley" but he's one of many talented players for Brownwood. I can promise you this: if you say Shipley is all we got you have not seen us in person and you only know about him bc of his name. Brownwood is good, sorry to disappoint all you haters

BEAST
09-14-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm with you Cup. If a thread has Brownwood in it all the Celina guys plus LE come hammer us. It's fine by me. I love a little smack talk. But, I agree, I think some of these guys are hoping some of our big dogs get hurt. Smack is smack but think about the kid. All the young men of all of our teams are busting their ass to show us fans a product we can take pride in.

BEAST

#1 TEXAN
09-14-2010, 09:59 PM
No one wants to see a young athlete get hurt, people are just making points that things happen throughout the season you can't call a SC on week 3, I'm not saying brownwood isn't a good football team because they are but they have a long road ahead of the with a bulls eye on there back that is only getting bigger.

gold_33
09-14-2010, 10:34 PM
I think we should just all forfeit the rest of the season and go ahead and give Brownwood the trophy because obviously no one stands a chance against them...blah, blah....just freakin play every game one week at a time and if your still standing after the last game then you can brag about how good your team was!! Until then stop talkin about how good you think yall are because all your doing is sitting your self up thinking your invincible because no team is and its when they think they are that they fall. I never get fired up on here but Im just tired of hearing about freakin Brownwood and how they're the greatest thing ever, it gets old...quit talking and prove how good yall are by winning something....geez!!

BEAST
09-14-2010, 10:38 PM
I agree. We are not the ones who start most of these threads. Take it up with the person who starts the thread.

BEAST

gold_33
09-14-2010, 10:45 PM
I understand that but yall do have some pretty arrogant fans, not all but some, that intiate others to start threads like this and its just the same ol broken record over and over and it just gets old, just play football and win your respect!!

Rocket
09-14-2010, 10:46 PM
No one wants to see a young athlete get hurt, people are just making points that things happen throughout the season you can't call a SC on week 3, I'm not saying brownwood isn't a good football team because they are but they have a long road ahead of the with a bulls eye on there back that is only getting bigger.

hey! We are basing all of our smack on a healthy Brownwood Team. We are not claiming a state title. We are saying Wimberley doesn't have a prayer if you meet a healthy Brownwood team. How is that for PC? If you disagree, you are ignorant, and crazy.

Rocket
09-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
I understand that but yall do have some pretty arrogant fans, not all but some, that intiate others to start threads like this and its just the same ol broken record over and over and it just gets old, just play football and win your respect!!
And you have a very beatable team that is just waiting to play a real team and get exposed. Don't think for a second that Brownwood doesn't remember last year and want to lay the Wood to the Texans...It will be like the Alamo...but uglier.

gold_33
09-14-2010, 10:53 PM
hey! We are basing all of our smack on a healthy Brownwood Team. We are not claiming a state title. We are saying Wimberley doesn't have a prayer if you meet a healthy Brownwood team. How is that for PC? If you disagree, you are ignorant, and crazy.

Yea, yea...whatever Rocket all you got is excuses for getting beat last year. Of course Wimberley doesnt have a prayer, the '85 Bears wouldnt have a prayer of beating Brownwood.....blah, blah, blah....prove something first then talk until then I dont want to hear it because all you do is run your mouth.

orange machine
09-14-2010, 10:58 PM
I dont want to see anybody get hurt either im just saying if Shipley is out then Brownwood is not near the team. For instance Shipley is the primary target on offense, he plays defense and he is on the special teams. You lose him then you have to fill all those voids. Now most teams key on Shipley dont say they dont because they do, if he is not out there then the playing field is much more even. Yall may have some other good athletes on the field, but not like Shipley not even close to him. That allows the defense to take more risk and line and put in the box and bring more of a rush. Like i said Shipley goes down Brownwood goes down. Yall a very good team with Shipley you take him away yall are just a good team and there are ton of good teams in the state.

Rocket
09-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Yea, yea...whatever Rocket all you got is excuses for getting beat last year. Of course Wimberley doesnt have a prayer, the '85 Bears wouldnt have a prayer of beating Brownwood.....blah, blah, blah....prove something first then talk until then I dont want to hear it because all you do is run your mouth.

yeah and prove you can beat us with a new and improved Jaxon Shipley along with a Starting QB and Mr. Longoria...

Not a chance...

If you would have at least peed a drop against Graham, I might have some respect for you.. but no, you proved you beat us on a fluke. Good job... LOL

Rocket
09-14-2010, 11:00 PM
I dont want to see anybody get hurt either im just saying if Shipley is out then Brownwood is not near the team. For instance Shipley is the primary target on offense, he plays defense and he is on the special teams. You lose him then you have to fill that all those voids. Now most teams key on Shipley dont say they dont because they do, if he is not out there then the playing field is much more even. Yall may have some other good athletes on the field, but not like Shipley not even close to him. That allows the defense to take more risk and line and put in the box and bring more of a rush. Like i said Shipley goes down Brownwood goes down. Yall a very good team with Shipley you take him away yall are just a good team and there are ton of good teams in the state.

If this happens, we still give Celina everything they can handle and we probably win. Somebody please tell this ignorant know-it-all about all of our weapons...

orange machine
09-14-2010, 11:01 PM
yeah and prove you can beat us with a new and improved Jaxon Shipley along with a Starting QB and Mr. Longoria...

Not a chance...

Envy

Rocket
09-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Envy

You are orange with envy...

orange machine
09-14-2010, 11:05 PM
You are orange with envy...

Envy

Rocket
09-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Envy

Wow..good comeback...:rolleyes:

Go get your dunce cap on and sit with LE Dad in the corner and make each other laugh.

orange machine
09-14-2010, 11:07 PM

Go get your dunce cap on and sit with LE Dad in the corner and make each other laugh.

Envy

gold_33
09-14-2010, 11:17 PM

Not a chance...

If you would have at least peed a drop against Graham, I might have some respect for you.. but no, you proved you beat us on a fluke. Good job... LOL

Not to worried about having to beat yall because that would be at state and Im doubting that yall will be there, prove you can get out of your region first because thats something yall havent done since coming to 3A!! Yall must not have much depth if everyone that mattered last year was hurt because yall got beat by a 8-5 team of sophmores mostly that are all back this year, so keep making excuses because yall lost!! So how do you not know that are guys havent improved and gotten better?? You think every year that Brownwood is just above and beyond everyone and come playoffs you magically disappear......now why is that?? Oh wait because yall lose thats right!!

Rocket
09-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Not to worried about having to beat yall because that would be at state and I doubting that yall will be there, prove you can get out of your region first because thats something yall havent done since coming to 3A!! Yall must not have much depth if everyone that mattered last year was hurt because yall got beat by a 8-5 team of sophmores mostly that are all back this year, so keep making excuses because yall lost!! So how do you not know that are guys havent improved and gotten better?? You think every year that Brownwood is just above and beyond everyone and come playoffs you magically disappear......now why is that?? Oh wait because yall lose thats right!!

Not just me, but everybody else that has seen them play. I am sure you got better. I am not gonna slap your butt, sorry. You didn't impress me last season and I am not impressed now. That is my right. I don't have to love your team. I can be excited about watching my team beat the ever living danky stomp dog crap out of your lucky fluke infested team... how is that? or do I need to go on some more...

LE Dad
09-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Yea, yea...whatever Rocket all you got is excuses for getting beat last year. Of course Wimberley doesnt have a prayer, the '85 Bears wouldnt have a prayer of beating Brownwood.....blah, blah, blah....prove something first then talk until then I dont want to hear it because all you do is run your mouth. LOL, Rockee even has excuses when the Wions win!!!:rolleyes:

BleedOrange
09-14-2010, 11:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rocket
If this happens, we still give Celina everything they can handle and we probably win. Somebody please tell this ignorant know-it-all about all of our weapons... [/QUOTE

"ignorant know -it-all" Rocket your intellect continues to amaze me. If you need an explanation just ask.

LE Dad
09-14-2010, 11:31 PM

Go get your dunce cap on and sit with LE Dad in the corner and make each other laugh. Thats a good un Coach Rockee!:D

for a resident of Hobbs anyway. :rolleyes:

gold_33
09-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Not just me, but everybody else that has seen them play. I am sure you got better. I am not gonna slap your butt, sorry. You didn't impress me last season and I am not impressed now. That is my right. I don't have to love your team. I can be excited about watching my team beat the ever living danky stomp dog crap out of your lucky fluke infested team... how is that? or do I need to go on some more...

Ha, think what you want big boy!! If yall beat us then great yall probably were the better team, but unlike you im not gonna make excuses for a loss i will acknowledge that yall were better and yall beat us and congratulate you and move on!! Its high school football buddy your not even on the field so let the kids play and decide the game because your mouth doesnt!!

Rocket
09-14-2010, 11:35 PM
Ha, think what you want big boy!! If yall beat us then great yall probably were the better team, but unlike you im not gonna make excuses for a loss i will acknowledge that yall were better and yall beat us and congratulate you and move on!! Its high school football buddy your not even on the field so let the kids play and decide the game because your mouth doesnt!!

Well, good for you and your boys! I am just making sure you guys understand the same thing I tried to tell Stephenville (who beat us 35-0 last year). WE ARE NOT THE SAME TEAM AS LAST YEAR! Get it? Or do I need to keep on going...

LE Dad
09-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Not to worried about having to beat yall because that would be at state and Im doubting that yall will be there, prove you can get out of your region first because thats something yall havent done since coming to 3A!! Yall must not have much depth if everyone that mattered last year was hurt because yall got beat by a 8-5 team of sophmores mostly that are all back this year, so keep making excuses because yall lost!! So how do you not know that are guys havent improved and gotten better?? You think every year that Brownwood is just above and beyond everyone and come playoffs you magically disappear......now why is that?? Oh wait because yall lose thats right!! Spot on!!:clap: :clap:

If Kennedale goes DII.... It could easily be :wave: :wave: B'wood.

SintonFan
09-14-2010, 11:38 PM
O.k., many of the traditional 3A powers are having less than stellar starts and Brownwood is sailing right now. Anybody care to discuss the teams that they think could beat Brownwood or give them a good game right now?

Of course, I'm going to have to stick my hand in the air and say that I think the Bulls could give Brownwood all they want, and more right now with an offense as good as anybody's, and a pretty dang tight "D". Of course, the earliest we may be able to find out would be Rd2 of the D2 playoffs. I hope it happens---I think this game would truly be the "greatest show on turf" in 3A and would be SRO if these 2 teams keep going the way they are for the remainder of the season.

Anybody else want to give Rocket & Co. something to "crack" on? :D

ttt for "refreshment".:D

gold_33
09-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Well, good for you and your boys! I am just making sure you guys understand the same thing I tried to tell Stephenville (who beat us 35-0 last year). WE ARE NOT THE SAME TEAM AS LAST YEAR! Get it? Or do I need to keep on going...

No team is ever the same as the year before because kids graduate, common knowledge no need to explain your Brownwood intellect to us we got it!! Thanks though

hollywood
09-15-2010, 12:16 AM
Wow, okay, I finally got to this point on the thread! Dang, sounds like a bunch of haters hatin' on the Lions! OMGoodness! Listen, you hear all the hype from us homers and those that have either played Bwd or watched them. Shhhhhhhh, it's all true. Bwd is that good this year. Not saying they can beat any team in the state, but have worked hard to get where they are! You have to see it to beleive it. No other way to put it. 2009 Gilmer fans know what it's like. Let it all unfold in 2010. Number 8 is there if they want it bad enough. Who wants it the most? I think this team has their sites on it and will continue to work their tails off to go get it!!! That's the mentality behind this years team.

goodgame
09-15-2010, 12:19 AM
edited @ posters request...lhpm

gatordaze
09-15-2010, 06:59 AM
If this happens, we still give Celina everything they can handle and we probably win. Somebody please tell this ignorant know-it-all about all of our weapons...

You make the point exactly. If Shipley were to not play. You "probably" win. No one us saying that Brownwood is not the best team in 3a. What I was trying to point out is that others can compete with them this season if, and I am not hoping for or projecting, a player that bwood relies on so much offensively, defensively, special teams, popcorn sales, Tuba playing etc. It would dramatically change the performance of your team. I reflected on the Celina team and can honestly say that no one player even goes both ways much less is irreplaceable. Shipley cannot be replaced on your team and he is the reason that you are in a league of you own this season. Without him bwood is a 3a contender with him probably unbeatable. The bwood celina debate is pointless as we are not going to meet. MN95 is right in that Celina is everyone's measuring stick and do it without superstars so that year in and year out as you studs move on we just reload and take on the next Celina wanna be. Enjoy your 15 minutes this millennium!

goodgame
09-15-2010, 07:02 AM
Ship is our 4th best Defensive Back

ctown
09-15-2010, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by goodgame

My thumb is my 5th best finger. :p

LE Dad
09-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by ctown
My thumb is my 5th best finger. :p :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

orange machine
09-15-2010, 07:48 AM
Woe that means y'all have atleast 4 d1 super stars on the defense, wow no wonder why y'all are so awsome and have the best team in the state. Heck with that much talent in Brownwood it is obvious that no team has a chance against y'all, it's just a complete waste of time for any team to play the Mighty Lions. Well it's clear to me that Brownwood has it all Best Coach, players,Training staff, cheerleaders, drill team, band, concession stand workers, football announcers, stadium, sonic, wal-mart, car washes, lumber yard, gas stations, pharmacies, hotels, motels, hospital, dental office, real estate office and last, but not least the best fans. Brownwood has the best of the best no wonder y'all are so proud.:rolleyes:

lvfan12
09-15-2010, 07:49 AM
kerrville tivy....

jason
09-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Woe that means y'all have atleast 4 d1 super stars on the defense, wow no wonder why y'all are so awsome and have the best team in the state. Heck with that much talent in Brownwood it is obvious that no team has a chance against y'all, it's just a complete waste of time for any team to play the Mighty Lions. Well it's clear to me that Brownwood has it all Best Coach, players,Training staff, cheerleaders, drill team, band, concession stand workers, football announcers, stadium, sonic, wal-mart, car washes, lumber yard, gas stations, pharmacies, hotels, motels, hospital, dental office, real estate office and last, but not least the best fans. Brownwood has the best of the best no wonder y'all are so proud.:rolleyes: their announcer was actually pretty good....so were the hotdogs.....

orange machine
09-15-2010, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by jason
their announcer was actually pretty good....so were the hotdogs.....
Hey I don't doubt it a bit they have the best of everything. I'm sure they don't have regular mustard, but some high dollar mustard.

jason
09-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Hey I don't doubt it a bit they have the best of everything. I'm sure they don't have regular mustard, but some high dollar mustard. lol - actually the ketchup and mustard packets were from sonic....

orange machine
09-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by jason
lol - actually the ketchup and mustard packets were from sonic....
Hey that's ok they have the best sonic. I'm sure that hotdog was the best money can buy as well.

hollywood
09-15-2010, 08:24 AM
http://gordonwoodhallofchampions.org/page1/files/page1-1006-full.jpg

Yep, the best stadium entrance. Beautiful bronze statue of Coach Gordon Wood and 7 helmets representing 7 state championships.

;)

orange machine
09-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Had something else to the list best field entrance. I know who the next statue in Brownwood will be of!

LE Dad
09-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan

You must find nails on a chalkboard "refreshing":thinking:

Red&White_9x5
09-15-2010, 09:22 AM
No team is ever the same as the year before because kids graduate, common knowledge no need to explain your Brownwood intellect to us we got it!! Thanks though

Gold, you are pissing in the wind if you think you are going to get through to the almighty Rocket. I am sure there are many great Brownwwod fans, but this Rocket guy makes me believe more and more with every one of his posts that is a "has been" or most likely a "never was". I was at the Wimberley/Brownwood game last year and the best team won that day IMO. No excuses should be made. Injuries happen are a part of football, both teams had them and Wimberley seemed to adjust and handle the adversity better. No team is the exact same as they were the year before Rocket. You are so quick to brag on your Lions (and I am sure they are very good), but be humble enough to give another team the credit they deserve if they are victorious. Hopefully somewhere down the road I get to see Brownwood play as they seem to have a great squad this year, BUT I would prefer not to sit by someone with the intellect (or lack of ) as Rocket's. My money is still on the fact that Rocket was on the team at some point and wore the jersey, but never got it dirty because he rarely saw the field!!!!!

Tin Cup
09-15-2010, 09:32 AM
I've heard Kennedale thrown around a few times...what are they all about?

wimbo_pro
09-15-2010, 09:36 AM
you people that keep saying we're nothing w/o Ship ....

But this team (the seniors) have only lost 2 games in there lives when together going all the way back to PEE WEE football.

I havent seen anyone say that Brownwood <bows head> is nothing without Shipley....I've seen them say Shipley pushes them over the top as possibly unbeatable, but he isnt the only one.

Also, what two teams did these boys lose to? Wouldnt that include last year, since you had so many injuries, wouldnt these seniors of played?

Eagle 1
09-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Gold, you are pissing in the wind if you think you are going to get through to the almighty Rocket. I am sure there are many great Brownwwod fans, but this Rocket guy makes me believe more and more with every one of his posts that is a "has been" or most likely a "never was". I was at the Wimberley/Brownwood game last year and the best team won that day IMO. No excuses should be made. Injuries happen are a part of football, both teams had them and Wimberley seemed to adjust and handle the adversity better. No team is the exact same as they were the year before Rocket. You are so quick to brag on your Lions (and I am sure they are very good), but be humble enough to give another team the credit they deserve if they are victorious. Hopefully somewhere down the road I get to see Brownwood play as they seem to have a great squad this year, BUT I would prefer not to sit by someone with the intellect (or lack of ) as Rocket's. My money is still on the fact that Rocket was on the team at some point and wore the jersey, but never got it dirty because he rarely saw the field!!!!!

I'm waiting for a response by coach Rocket:thinking: ....

goodgame
09-15-2010, 10:05 AM
#1 TEXAN said if Ship goes down...then Brownwood goes down, that's a load of crap. And someone said that if Ship is our 4th best DB then we must be loaded in the secondary with D1 talent...

That's correct, we are...Not because I say so but because the scouts say so. Longoria, Vacaaro, Chastain will all be playing on Saturdays....By the way, that Chastain kid is the most intelligent kid not only on the field but also in the classroom.

ccmom
09-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro

Also, what two teams did these boys lose to? Wouldnt that include last year, since you had so many injuries, wouldnt these seniors of played? Good question...

goodgame
09-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Hey Wim_Slo,

They lost in Jr High to Hershel Sims and Co. from Abilene High and one more game in 9th grade. On Varsity They have never lost a game when all these seniors were on the field. They did loose to SVille last year but thats the game Brown broke his leg and he only played a half. By the way, A back up wide receiver played the rest of the yr at QB and we still did OK. With Brown at QB...Wim_Slo, your team can not hang. Ask ur stud running back...he knows several of our kids and if he's honest, he'll tell u the same thing

P.S. We only had 2 seniors that started last yr....so when we got injured it was all the Juniors on the sidelines

goodgame
09-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Hey CCMOM, ask Jeremy Wolf what the Wylie Seniors think about the Brownwood Senior group...Word is, out of there own locker room, that they are going to have to rely on underclassmen...that's not going to get it done against Graylon Brown and Co.

Eagle 1
09-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Hey Wim_Slo,

They lost in Jr High to Hershel Sims and Co. from Abilene High and one more game in 9th grade.

To the same team?
Just curious.

LE Dad
09-15-2010, 10:48 AM
#1 TEXAN said if Ship goes down...then Brownwood goes down, that's a load of crap. And someone said that if Ship is our 4th best DB then we must be loaded in the secondary with D1 talent...

That's correct, we are...Not because I say so but because the scouts say so. Longoria, Vacaaro, Chastain will all be playing on Saturdays....By the way, that Chastain kid is the most intelligent kid not only on the field but also in the classroom. Rocket???

Is that you???:eek: :eek: :eek:

:thinking:

Eagle 1
09-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Rocket???

I guess the internet is off in New Mexico. :confused:

BwdLion73
09-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Hey I don't doubt it a bit they have the best of everything. I'm sure they don't have regular mustard, but some high dollar mustard.

No that would be Wylie your thinking about. They serve Grey Poupon mustard.
:p

goodgame
09-15-2010, 11:00 AM
EAGLE 1

It was a team from the Waco area

ccmom
09-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Hey CCMOM, ask Jeremy Wolf what the Wylie Seniors think about the Brownwood Senior group...Word is, out of there own locker room, that they are going to have to rely on underclassmen...that's not going to get it done against Graylon Brown and Co. I'm not even sure what that post means :confused: , but yes Wylie does have several underclassmen starting this season.

goodgame
09-15-2010, 11:11 AM
LE DAD,

I'm a new comer here and will probably be a short timer as soon as my brother graduates this year. This is fun because we all get to talk about what ever we want. But listen, I don't know Rocket, and it's probably an insult for u to be comparing me to him. But how many yrs has it taken you to amass over 6000 posts on a blog. Do you have 18 kids that have been processed through the program out there over the last 12yrs or so, are you a coach who likes to mix it up, are u a retired city worker, or on the Obama payroll with plenty of free time...what gives. Just asking

Rocket
09-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Sounds like we have been invaded with Brownwood students..LOL

ccmom
09-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Sounds like we have been invaded with Brownwood students..LOL

Haha....I was just about to ask if BISD was aware of all the internet usage during school hours. ;)

goodgame
09-15-2010, 11:16 AM
CCMOM,

Jeremy Wolf was on your state Championship team and he played in the High School all-star game under coach Freeman. He was my source to the Wylie Locker Room knowing they can't handle Brownwood. That Wylie Senior group has never handled this Brownwood Group. Now next yr will more than likely be flip flopped, but this yr u guys are going to struggle.

BwdLion73
09-15-2010, 11:16 AM
LE DAD,

I don't know Rocket, and it's probably an insult for u to be comparing me to him.

Which way?:D :devil: :D

ccmom
09-15-2010, 11:18 AM
CCMOM,

Jeremy Wolf was on your state Championship team and he played in the High School all-star game under coach Freeman. He was my source to the Wylie Locker Room knowing they can't handle Brownwood. That Wylie Senior group has never handled this Brownwood Group. Now next yr will more than likely be flip flopped, but this yr u guys are going to struggle.

Thanks for the education. I feel smarter already. :rolleyes:

goodgame
09-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Ur Welcome

fresh-j
09-15-2010, 11:21 AM
goodgame, your failing worse than I did when I first started. :D. But than again I'm not THAT big of an idiot :cool:

goodgame
09-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Fresh-J

How do you figure

nobogey72
09-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Rocket???

No, I think it is probably Chastain's mom or dad (with the "classroom" comment kind of a clue. Just a hunch.

Speaking of staying injury free, sometimes broken arms happen when someone pats themself on the back too vigorously.:rolleyes:

Looking4number8
09-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by fresh-j
, your failing worse than I did when I first started. :

By the way fresh j, Since you have quit posting all that bull crap of a few months ago, you have changed from one of my least favorite posters to one of my favorite. Not that it matters to you but I do enjoy what actually appears to be a lot of knowledge about most of the teams and players.

Rocket
09-15-2010, 11:27 AM
LE DAD,

I'm a new comer here and will probably be a short timer as soon as my brother graduates this year. This is fun because we all get to talk about what ever we want. But listen, I don't know Rocket, and it's probably an insult for u to be comparing me to him. But how many yrs has it taken you to amass over 6000 posts on a blog. Do you have 18 kids that have been processed through the program out there over the last 12yrs or so, are you a coach who likes to mix it up, are u a retired city worker, or on the Obama payroll with plenty of free time...what gives. Just asking

It took LE Dad 1 year. He has no life.

nobogey72
09-15-2010, 11:28 AM
CCMOM,

fresh-j
09-15-2010, 11:29 AM
By the way fresh j, Since you have quit posting all that bull crap of a few months ago, you have changed from one of my least favorite posters to one of my favorite. Not that it matters to you but I do enjoy what actually appears to be a lot of knowledge about most of the teams and players.

Thanks man, I think your the THIRD classiest guy on the board. But with you having the best team bumps ya up! Lol :D

Looking4number8
09-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Thanks man, I think your the THIRD classiest guy on the board. But with you having the best team bumps ya up! Lol :D

lol

fresh-j
09-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Fresh-J

How do you figure

Try to "quote" big guy :D

goodgame
09-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Try to "quote" big guy :D

I told u guys I'm a new comer...I just want to say, the only reason I started posting was because earlier in the thread it's been suggested that Bwd is only good because of Ship, and that's not true. I am related to Chastain but I'm not his mom or dad. I do know this team very well and have seen them win almost every football game they have ever played when Graylon Brown is at QB since they were in the 5th grade. Does this group have some weaknesses, yes, but there is often so much going on around them that its hard to notice. I hope it stays that way

nobogey72
09-15-2010, 11:43 AM
CCMOM,

WRONG!! Jeremy Wolf graduated in 2000. His brother Levi was on that team. But you've already established that you are going off of "he said, I heard, and my uncle told me" type BS. :eek:

fresh-j
09-15-2010, 11:46 AM
I told u guys I'm a new comer...I just want to say, the only reason I started posting was because earlier in the thread it's been suggested that Bwd is only good because of Ship, and that's not true. I am related to Chastain but I'm not his mom or dad. I do know this team very well and have seen them win almost every football game they have ever played when Graylon Brown is at QB since they were in the 5th grade. Does this group have some weaknesses, yes, but there is often so much going on around them that its hard to notice. I hope it stays that way

Lol. I promise you Brownwood posters have got it under control, they don't need a little brother to tell them how to do it. They've got this place on lockdown :D. And the stat about the senior class is impressive, but I would like to here the records
and stats of the Gilmer class last year, but don't get me wrong without Shipley, Brownwood is a REALLY good football team, with him, there a GREAT football team, don't worry bout it big guy :cool:

goodgame
09-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
WRONG!! Jeremy Wolf graduated in 2000. His brother Levi was on that team. But you've already established that you are going off of "he said, I heard, and my uncle told me" type BS. :eek:

Ur right, I'm sorry, But Jeremy did tell me that at shift change one morning

nobogey72
09-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Ur right, I'm sorry, But Jeremy did tell me that at shift change one morning

So, you're a fireman??

goodgame
09-15-2010, 11:52 AM
By the way...It's not BS, I work with Jeremy and Landon!!

goodgame
09-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Different Shift

ccmom
09-15-2010, 11:55 AM

Nobogey is the king of BS, so he knows it when he sees it. :D

goodgame
09-15-2010, 11:56 AM
I do appreciate u calling me out for getting the time line wrong on which brother was where at which time

LE Dad
09-15-2010, 11:57 AM
It took LE Dad 1 year. He has no life. STALKER!!!!

goodgame
09-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Lol. I promise you Brownwood posters have got it under control, they don't need a little brother to tell them how to do it. They've got this place on lockdown :D. And the stat about the senior class is impressive, but I would like to here the records
and stats of the Gilmer class last year, but don't get me wrong without Shipley, Brownwood is a REALLY good football team, with him, there a GREAT football team, don't worry bout it big guy :cool:

Fresh-J,

What do you have on lock down, posting things about a team filled with kids that u only started paying attention too on Friday Nights, give me a brake!

fresh-j
09-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Fresh-J,

What do you have on lock down, posting things about a team filled with kids that u only started paying attention too on Friday Nights, give me a brake!

Lol I never said I had anything on lockdown??:confused: And well I guess I should start paying attention to them more so you don't jump on me!

:cool:

LE Dad
09-15-2010, 12:02 PM
:1popcorn: :1popcorn:

ccmom
09-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Fresh-J,

Somebody is sensitive! :eek:

Yes, we know you have been watching the football gods of Brownwood since they were in diapers. We get it. ;)

goodgame
09-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Lol I never said I had anything on lockdown??:confused: And well I guess I should start paying attention to them more so you don't jump on me!

:cool:
I'm not jumping on u...It just gets on my nerves when I here talk from either side about a group that they don't really know much about. Like I said before, I'm a short timer on this board, after my brothers group graduates yall will probably still be on here talking about kids u know nothing about(not singling u out). I won't. The only Jr. I know anything about is Ratliff, and that's because he's supposed to be a senior anyway.

ccmom
09-15-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm not jumping on u...It just gets on my nerves when I here talk from either side about a group that they don't really know much about. Like I said before, I'm a short timer on this board, after my brother group graduates yall will probably still be on here talking about kids u know nothing about(not singling u out). I won't. The only Jr. I know anything about is Ratliff, and that's because he's supposed to be a senior anyway.

Well I'm sure he appreciates you sharing that. :doh:

Good luck to your brother and the Lions.

goodgame
09-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Good luck to u guys as well

garciap77
09-15-2010, 12:44 PM

LOL

garciap77
09-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Yea, yea...whatever Rocket all you got is excuses for getting beat last year. Of course Wimberley doesnt have a prayer, the '85 Bears wouldnt have a prayer of beating Brownwood.....blah, blah, blah....prove something first then talk until then I dont want to hear it because all you do is run your mouth .

:eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
09-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

#1 TEXAN
09-15-2010, 12:57 PM

Yep, the best stadium entrance. Beautiful bronze statue of Coach Gordon Wood and 7 helmets representing 7 state championships.

;) .
I bet that's rocket in the pic!

garciap77
09-15-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm not jumping on u...It just gets on my nerves when I here talk from either side about a group that they don't really know much about. Like I said before, I'm a short timer on this board, after my brothers group graduates yall will probably still be on here talking about kids u know nothing about(not singling u out). I won't. The only Jr. I know anything about is Ratliff, and that's because he's supposed to be a senior anyway.

garciap77
09-15-2010, 01:03 PM
I bet that's rocket in the pic!

No, that’s Coach Gordon Lenear Wood; a Wylie High School graduate!:D

#1 TEXAN
09-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Now that's funny!! Is it because his lack of speed?

LE Dad
09-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
No, thats Coach Gordon Lenear Wood; a Wylie High School graduate!:D :clap: :clap:

DaHop72
09-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Wow, 11 pages and no one has given the correct answer that Bull is looking for. The correct answer is (drum roll.............................................. ................................................) nobody!!!!:devil: :devil: :devil:

nobogey72
09-15-2010, 01:17 PM

Well loddifreakinda. I remember the days they were all 3 born.

The part that I'm calling BS is where so and so heard so and so say that so and so said that the Wylie seniors said whatever. Anyway, don't you have a fire to put out or a cat to retrieve or something..... quit bugging me.:D

fresh-j
09-15-2010, 02:42 PM
goodgame, do you recall the score or how good the Sims boys were when they played Brownwood in jr high?

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-15-2010, 03:10 PM

:rolleyes:

ctown
09-15-2010, 04:08 PM

;)

I think a couple things in this picture are kind of amusing. First of all, Gordon Wood was a great coach but this picture makes him look like Vern Troyer. Second of all, the designers of this monument obviously know what all of us, other than the members of the "Rocket Cult" know. There will only be 7 state championships in Brownwood---forever. The bench can't hold no more symbolic helmets. Unless you get Underwood Bar B Que to pony up and slap their name on the next one too. Suhweet:rolleyes:

Gobbler Fan
09-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Brownwood is like us *Cuero* you guys havent won a championship since the Eighties so get over yourselves . What I know is being ranked #1 during the season doesnt mean squat sure its nice to look at and all but that doesnt win you a Championship . Getting through rounds 1-5 are where you find out about yourselves but just one slip and your done and we know what that feels like . I like to see an old power in football regain some of their swagger but lets not get carried away with the noone can beat Brownwood because it seems like someone has for the last 20+ years ....gl btw :2thumbsup

Looking4number8
09-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by ctown
There will only be 7 state championships in Brownwood---forever. The bench can't hold no more symbolic helmets.

Even though I think you know this I will bite and go ahead and explain it.

The statue and the helments on the bench honor Gordon Wood and his 7 state titles at Brownwood. We could win a dozen more under Shipley or anybody else and the statue would never change

AP Panther Fan
09-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Well loddifreakinda.

LOL...did it take you as long to spell that as it did for me to read it or did it just roll right off your fingertips?

:evillol: :D

Rocket
09-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Brownwood is like us *Cuero* you guys havent won a championship since the Eighties so get over yourselves . What I know is being ranked #1 during the season doesnt mean squat sure its nice to look at and all but that doesnt win you a Championship . Getting through rounds 1-5 are where you find out about yourselves but just one slip and your done and we know what that feels like . I like to see an old power in football regain some of their swagger but lets not get carried away with the noone can beat Brownwood because it seems like someone has for the last 20+ years ....gl btw :2thumbsup

We didnt start the thread. And just remember, we are having fun. Don't take us seriously. Lol

Eagle 1
09-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Even though I think you know this I will bite and go ahead and explain it.

The statue and the helments on the bench honor Gordon Wood and his 7 state titles at Brownwood. We could win a dozen more under Shipley or anybody else and the statue would never change

Pretty cool.
I always wondered about that, thanks for explaining.

5wide
09-15-2010, 07:50 PM
this is almost the exact same thread about decatur in 2004. Undefeated blew everybody out. Played wylie for homecoming and beat them by 40 or so. Played wylie again in third round znd lost by one...it can always happen to any team

Bullaholic
09-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
this is almost the exact same thread about decatur in 2004. Undefeated blew everybody out. Played wylie for homecoming and beat them by 40 or so. Played wylie again in third round znd lost by one...it can always happen to any team

You dare to compare anyone to Brownwood this season? :D

5wide
09-15-2010, 08:12 PM
just comparing threads but you saw the 04 decatur team and it was impressive to to watch

zebrablue2
09-15-2010, 08:44 PM
:1popcorn:

garciap77
09-15-2010, 09:08 PM

:iagree:

bobcat1
09-15-2010, 09:15 PM
You dare to compare anyone to Brownwood this season? :D Blasphemy!!!!!!!!:eek:

BullBoy
09-15-2010, 09:15 PM
2004 Decatur, I remember that team was unbeatable and they were supposed to ROLL Wylie.

I wonder what ended up happening?:thinking:

bobcat1
09-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Ugh Taken for granted. Fans on their hands staying warm. :thinking: (That came from a fan in the stands that night. Not my opinion)

hollywood
09-15-2010, 09:55 PM

Was that game played at Tarleton?

the genious
09-15-2010, 09:58 PM
not a tiger fan but sealy might give them a run for all the marbles could be a good D1 game if possible

garciap77
09-15-2010, 09:59 PM
:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

5wide
09-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Was that game played at Tarleton?

yes it was...and two years earlier decatur lost another heartbreaker...tarleton and decatur dont really get along

buckeyebob
09-16-2010, 05:01 AM
Blah...Blah...Blah...
Brownwood will have their way until they have to play East Texas Ball and then they will be introduced to humility...there ain't nothing like it...humility & East Texas Ball

hollywood
09-16-2010, 09:01 AM
yes it was...and two years earlier decatur lost another heartbreaker...tarleton and decatur dont really get along

Okay, I thought so. I actually watched that game. It was a close one. And your right, it could happen to any team. But, Decatur was nothing like this Bwd team is this year and niether was Abilene Wylie, even with Keenum. Trust me, you have to see this team first hand to appreciate the talent. The QB Brown hit 8 different receivers last week against Stephenville, 8. It's crazy how many ways this team can score this year, crazy. Every skilled player on the team is sure handed. 7 on 7 was a huge result in the timing and confidence builder in that. And the D, it's being overshadowed because everyone is talking about the O. The D is one of the best any 3A team will see this year. 8 interceptions in 3 games so far. And is very good against rushing teams. I'm not trying to boastfully promote the Lions, just stating what I've seen and know. At the level they are playing now, they will be very tough to beat.

hollywood
09-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
Blah...Blah...Blah...
Brownwood will have their way until they have to play East Texas Ball and then they will be introduced to humility...there ain't nothing like it...humility & East Texas Ball

Good try, East Texas ball because of what reason? You are ignorant to think just because it's an East Texas team. In 3A, there are a few good teams from East Texas and that's it. Carthage, LE, Pitt, and maybe Gilmer if they continue to get better. All others, no chance.

Kid Ice
09-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Blah...Blah...Blah...

Oh what a difference a year makes. Humility and East Texas Ball I agree with. If you play ball in East Texas you will be humbled this year.

waterboy
09-16-2010, 10:46 AM
I'm afraid East Texas 3A is down from years past, BUT on any given night who knows? It looks like the best teams at this point in the season appear to be Henderson, Liberty-Eylau, and Pittsburg. Gilmer and Carthage are fully capable of turning it around, but right now they're not playing at a championship level.

Rocket
09-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Good try, East Texas ball because of what reason? You are ignorant to think just because it's an East Texas team. In 3A, there are a few good teams from East Texas and that's it. Carthage, LE, Pitt, and maybe Gilmer if they continue to get better. All others, no chance.

Even those East Texas teams suck...

Hey Gilmer, go ahead and drop another game...

Rocket
09-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I'm afraid East Texas 3A is down from years past, BUT on any given night who knows? It looks like the best teams at this point in the season appear to be Henderson, Liberty-Eylau, and Pittsburg. Gilmer and Carthage are fully capable of turning it around, but right now they're not playing at a championship level.

Sorry, but none of those teams scare me. Not sure why... maybe it's because they aren't as good as Brownwood? LOL

LeonJr
09-16-2010, 11:05 AM
UTEP-28

Brownwood-27

bobcat1
09-16-2010, 11:08 AM
:fnypost: I forgot to ask one question, what week this year will the wheels fall off? The last 2 years the Best of the Best Do All End All Team of the Century Unbeatables fell by the wayside. But then if you say that every year.....someday you could be right. :redX:

LH_Tuff
09-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by LeonJr
UTEP-28

Brownwood-27

:clap: What was Bob thinking? Going for 2 instead of going for the tie.

Bullaholic
09-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Even those East Texas teams suck...

Hey Gilmer, go ahead and drop another game...

Uh, oh---wait til' the Smoaky boys read this.....:D

Kid Ice
09-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
:fnypost: I forgot to ask one question, what week this year will the wheels fall off? The last 2 years the Best of the Best Do All End All Team of the Century Unbeatables fell by the wayside. But then if you say that every year.....someday you could be right. :redX:

You may be right. I think Celina's wheels will fall off this week. Thanks for keeping things in perspective.

LeonJr
09-16-2010, 11:15 AM

thx Leon's here all day

wimbo_pro
09-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Oh what a difference a year makes. Humility and East Texas Ball I agree with. If you play ball in East Texas you will be humbled this year.

Speaking of puppets...

waterboy
09-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Sorry, but none of those teams scare me. Not sure why... maybe it's because they aren't as good as Brownwood? LOL
You don't have to be scared to get whooped.:D .....and Brownwood may not be as good as any of these teams......:thinking: Who REALLY knows before they match up? Eventually, chances are y'all will have to play one of them IF y'all get that far. You have to have a lot of luck to go along with that talent to make it to the big stage. Neither one by themselves will get you there. Just saying.....:thinking:

Rocket
09-16-2010, 11:59 AM
You don't have to be scared to get whooped.:D .....and Brownwood may not be as good as any of these teams......:thinking: Who REALLY knows before they match up? Eventually, chances are y'all will have to play one of them IF y'all get that far. You have to have a lot of luck to go along with that talent to make it to the big stage. Neither one by themselves will get you there. Just saying.....:thinking:

In 3A? A lot better chance to do it in 3A rather than 4A...

If a team beats this Brownwood team (healthy), they are a heck of a ball team and they will deserve props...and I will give them.

Rocket
09-16-2010, 12:00 PM

And like I said before...we MAY have the best 3A team to ever play the game and it only took us 3 years to produce that. LOL

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Uh, oh---wait til' the Smoaky boys read this.....:D
Shhhhhhh..... Don't stop him Bull. :D

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 12:08 PM
And like I said before...we MAY have the best 3A team to ever play the game and it only took us 3 years to produce that. LOL Thats what's soooo funny. It took ya'll 3 WHOLE years, and ya'll still ain't gonna get JACK!!!!:p

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Sorry, but none of those teams scare me. Not sure why... maybe it's because they aren't as good as Brownwood? LOL Thats cause you never played the game and have no idea what these teams will bring to the field... and I doubt that you will get out of your region to find out.:D

Kid Ice
09-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Thats cause you never played the game and have no idea what these teams will bring to the field... and I doubt that you will get out of your region to find out.:D

And I doubt LE will get past the first round....that is unless they have a bye again. Wow, what an impressive playoff run. East Texas teams don't even have to play as many playoff games as everybody else. I hear another theory coming on...

Rocket
09-16-2010, 12:28 PM
And I doubt LE will get past the first round....that is unless they have a bye again. Wow, what an impressive playoff run. East Texas teams don't even have to play as many playoff games as everybody else. I hear another theory coming on...

BAHAHAHAHAHA

The LE Theory (Short and Sweet)

LE sucks

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 12:32 PM
And I doubt LE will get past the first round....that is unless they have a bye again. Wow, what an impressive playoff run. East Texas teams don't even have to play as many playoff games as everybody else. I hear another theory coming on... Hey Albert.:doh: Ya might wanna try and understand bye districts. It could save you from appearing ignorant.:thinking:

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 12:35 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHA

The LE Theory (Short and Sweet)

LE sucks Brownwood must be the cause of global warming cause the only thing they have produced for 30 years is a bunch of hot air.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kid Ice
09-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Hey Albert.:doh: Ya might wanna try and understand bye districts. It could save you from appearing ignorant.:thinking:

Bye Districts are easy to understand SimpLE Dad. Here is why they exist in a nutshell: So sorry teams like LE can make it to the second round of the playoffs. LE vs Bye (Barely Win), LE vs Opponent (ANY OPPONENT) Loss.

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Bye Districts are easy to understand SimpLE Dad. Here is why they exist in a nutshell: So sorry teams like LE can make it to the second round of the playoffs. LE vs Bye (Barely Win), LE vs Opponent (ANY OPPONENT) Loss. Brownwood hasn't produced any titles since you were what a baby...:D

Now thats a little funny.:)

If Brownwood gets thumped again this year they probably won't produce one before you die.:doh:

Now thats really funny! ROFL.:evillol:

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Brownwood failed to win even a Regional title in ANY sport all of 2009-2010!!!:)

The only thing produced by that town is HOT AIR!!!:clap: :clap:

Kid Ice
09-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Brownwood hasn't produced any titles since you were what a baby...:D

Now thats a little funny.:)

If Brownwood gets thumped again this year they probably won't produce one before you die.:doh:

Now thats really funny! ROFL.:evillol:

IF Brownwood gets thumped? IF? Wow, thanks SimpLE Dad for the vote of confidence. I will take that statement as morse code for "I HOPE Brownwood gets beat because this year LE may lose their Bye game."

#1 TEXAN
09-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Blah...Blah...Blah...

That's what cartharge told graham last year and they got all they could handle!!

Kid Ice
09-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Brownwood failed to win even a Regional title in ANY sport all of 2009-2010!!!:)

The only thing produced by that town is HOT AIR!!!:clap: :clap:

LE failed to win a playoff game in FOOTBALL in 2009-2010!!! Aren't we talking about football on this thread? I know I shouldn't expect SimpLE Dad to stay relevant. He is about as relevant as LE.

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 12:56 PM
IF Brownwood gets thumped? IF? Wow, thanks SimpLE Dad for the vote of confidence. I will take that statement as morse code for "I HOPE Brownwood gets beat because this year LE may lose their Bye game." You can take it for what you want and I will take Brownwoods drop into 3A as a fact that titles ain't the only things you fellas are having problems producing.:thinking:

Kid Ice
09-16-2010, 12:57 PM
That's what cartharge told graham last year and they got all they could handle!!

Wow, all they could handle was 1 point better. What a butt kicking!!

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 12:58 PM
LE failed to win a playoff game in FOOTBALL in 2009-2010!!! Aren't we talking about football on this thread? I know I shouldn't expect SimpLE Dad to stay relevant. He is about as relevant as BROWNWOOD. Brownwood=Failure.:D

Kid Ice
09-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Brownwood=Failure.:D

Good one.

Red&White_9x5
09-16-2010, 01:52 PM
And like I said before...we MAY have the best 3A team to ever play the game and it only took us 3 years to produce that. LOL

So not only do ya'll have the best 3A team in the state this year, this could be the best 3A ballclub EVER??????? That is a bold statement

waterboy
09-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Obviously, he hasn't heard about the '83 Daingerfield team that did the following:
Points for = 632
Points against = 8 :eek: - only points allowed were a safety to 4A Kilgore in their first game where the punter took a knee, and a TD on a tipped pass to 4A semifinalist Carthage in their 3rd game of the season. Opponents' offense averaged less than one foot per play all year. They shut out 14 of 16 opponents, including 14 straight to end the season. There's been some very good teams in 3A over the years that can compare, but the defense of that team set national records that still stand today.:eek: I must admit, I saw that team play Gilmer their second game of the season (we lost 14-0) and was in awe. I knew right away nobody would beat them that year.

Red&White_9x5
09-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Obviously, he hasn't heard about the '83 Daingerfield team that did the following:
Points for = 632
Points against = 8 :eek: - only points allowed were a safety to 4A Kilgore in their first game where the punter took a knee, and a TD on a tipped pass to 4A semifinalist Carthage in their 3rd game of the season. Opponents' offense averaged less than one foot per play all year. They shut out 14 of 16 opponents, including 14 straight to end the season. There's been some very good teams in 3A over the years that can compare, but the defense of that team set national records that still stand today.:eek: I must admit, I saw that team play Gilmer their second game of the season (we lost 14-0) and was in awe. I knew right away nobody would beat them that year.

Didn't Daingerfield beat Post that year? Not sure the score, but I do know Post had ZERO. That Daingerfield team was AMAZING. Another 3A team that stands out in my mind is the Southlake Carroll team of 91

bwdlionfan
09-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Points for = 632

That was almost 30 years ago... and while they very well may have been the best ever... I thought we couldn't talk about things that were done 30 years ago.....

waterboy
09-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
That was almost 30 years ago... and while they very well may have been the best ever... I thought we couldn't talk about things that were done 30 years ago.....
The only time it's relevant is when "best team ever" is brought up, which it was. That's when history IS relevant. That would be HUGE shoes to fill if someone wants to be considered the "best team ever".:thinking:

bwdlionfan
09-16-2010, 02:45 PM
The only time it's relevant is when "best team ever" is brought up, which it was. That's when history IS relevant. That would be HUGE shoes to fill if someone wants to be considered the "best team ever".:thinking:

So history isn't relevant any other time... forget 2008, forget 2009, forget your title last year... that is history.

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 02:48 PM
The only time it's relevant is when "best team ever" is brought up, which it was. That's when history IS relevant. That would be HUGE shoes to fill if someone wants to be considered the "best team ever".:thinking: They may not be 3A now, but D'Field still has a ridiculas D .7yds/per rushing attempt through 3 games.:doh:

waterboy
09-16-2010, 03:24 PM
So history isn't relevant any other time... forget 2008, forget 2009, forget your title last year... that is history.
Using Rocket's reasoning, I guess it doesn't matter unless HE brings it up. Of course all titles matter to the teams that won them, and that does make it relevant in my opinion, but when you claim your team is "the best ever" you better know your history before making such a claim. That's the only way to make a comparison.

Bullaholic
09-16-2010, 03:31 PM
03' Gainesville comes to mind...

Looking4number8
09-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Most of us are not claiming we are the best ever yet, still a long ways to go. Most of us are claiming to have won 3 games by a sound margin and think things look very promising for the season. I would love one day to say this team was the best all around team ever but there is a long long ways to goin 2010.

bwdlionfan
09-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Using Rocket's reasoning, I guess it doesn't unless HE brings it up. Of course all titles matter to the teams that won them, and that does make it relevant in my opinion, but when you claim your team is "the best ever" you better know your history before making such a claim. That's the only way to make a comparison.

Rocket said we MAY have... didn't say we do. Gilmer could even argue that they MAY have had a better team last year than the old D'field team. Truth is, we'll never know. Not trying to take anything away from that team, but teams are a lot bigger, stronger, faster now then they were then. No doubt though that that team was probably the most dominant state champion defensively ever, but who's to say last year's Gilmer team couldn't have beaten them.

Matthew328
09-16-2010, 03:34 PM
2003 Gainesville is real underrated...

That 1991 Southlake team was awesome as was Vernon whom they beat in that classic at Pennington Field...

1980 Pittsburg is pretty underrated...

those Cuero teams from the 1970s that won what 44 in a row?

And of course my 2001 Everman Bulldogs :) (homer alert)

LH_Tuff
09-16-2010, 03:44 PM
'07 Liberty Hill was fun to watch.

waterboy
09-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Rocket said we MAY have... didn't say we do. Gilmer could even argue that they MAY have had a better team last year than the old D'field team. Truth is, we'll never know. Not trying to take anything away from that team, but teams are a lot bigger, stronger, faster now then they were then. No doubt though that that team was probably the most dominant state champion ever, but who's to say last year's Gilmer team couldn't have beaten them.
You do bring up some valid arguments. Really, there's no way of knowing anything for sure, but sometimes you just have to look at the statistical accomplishments and make comparisons. After all, that is all we have to go by. I saw that '83 Daingerfield team play, and I'll tell you I haven't to this day seen ANY team dominate all other teams the way they did it, and I have seen some dominating teams in my life. That defense was in the backfield disrupting the plays before the QB could even hand the ball off. Most of the yardage given up were late in games when the game was decided. Still, for all opponents to average 12 inches per play is amazing. As much credit as their defense gets for their accomplishments, a little known fact was that their ball control run-oriented, sweep left, sweep right offense was almost as dominant as the defense. The records they set, allbeit in the '80s before the days of spread offenses, are national records and probably never be eclipsed.....at least, not in our lifetimes. I don't even like Daingerfield. They have been a bitter rival of ours for years, but I still can say without a doubt in my mind that that was the best team I ever saw play. I've seen several other great teams in my life such as the Southlake Carroll teams of the '90s, but that's the one team that sticks out in my mind.

bwdlionfan
09-16-2010, 04:00 PM
You do bring up some valid arguments. Really, there's no way of knowing anything for sure, but sometimes you just have to look at the statistical accomplishments and make comparisons. After all, that is all we have to go by. I saw that '83 Daingerfield team play, and I'll tell you I haven't to this day seen ANY team dominate all other teams the way they did it, and I have seen some dominating teams in my life. That defense was in the backfield disrupting the plays before the QB could even hand the ball off. Most of the yardage given up were late in games when the game was decided. Still, for all opponents to average 12 inches per play is amazing. As much credit as their defense gets for their accomplishments, a little known fact was that their ball control run-oriented, sweep left, sweep right offense was almost as dominant as the defense. The records they set, allbeit in the '80s before the days of spread offenses, are national records and probably never be eclipsed.....at least, not in our lifetimes. I don't even like Daingerfield. They have been a bitter rival of ours for years, but I still can say without a doubt in my mind that that was the best team I ever saw play. I've seen several other great teams in my life such as the Southlake Carroll teams of the '90s, but that's the one team that sticks out in my mind.

I don't doubt how dominate they were... and you're right all we've have are statistics. Who knows, maybe a good spread team could have competed with them. We'll never know.

bwdlionfan
09-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
'07 Liberty Hill was fun to watch.

Most state champion teams are... notice I said most... there have been a few that have greatly benefited from the D1/D2 thing.

waterboy
09-16-2010, 04:10 PM
I don't doubt how dominate they were... and you're right all we've have are statistics. Who knows, maybe a good spread team could have competed with them. We'll never know.
It DEFINITELY would be fun to watch! Just for comparison, I'd like to see what the '09 Buckeyes could do against the '83 Daingerfield defense. Football nowadays is just so much different than it was in them days. I love the offenses of today, but I would absolutely love to see a team with a defense like that one again. Put an offense on the field like last year's Gilmer team, and a defense like that '83 Daingerfield team.......aw, man, that would be awesome!:eek:

bwdlionfan
09-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Put an offense on the field like last year's Gilmer team, and a defense like that '83 Daingerfield team.......aw, man, that would be awesome!:eek:

Or this year's Brownwood offense against the 83 D'Field team :D :D

waterboy
09-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Or this year's Brownwood offense against the 83 D'Field team :D :D
Okay, that too.:D Will y'all score 782 points this year?:D Average 52.1 points per game? That's what the Buckeyes did last year. That's why I was comparing them.....;)

RoyceTTU
09-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Okay, that too.:D Will y'all score 782 points this year?:D Average 52.1 points per game? That's what the Buckeyes did last year. That's why I was comparing them.....;)

If we played more than 2-1/2 quarters

:evillol:

waterboy
09-16-2010, 04:29 PM
If we played more than 2-1/2 quarters

:evillol:
Dang! Your starters play for 2-1/2 quarters?:eek: Looks to me like y'all still have some improving to do.....:D

RoyceTTU
09-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Dang! Your starters play for 2-1/2 quarters?:eek: Looks to me like y'all still have some improving to do.....:D

Seems to be working thus far, we are not looking for style points, just #8 :clap:

waterboy
09-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Seems to be working thus far, we are not looking for style points, just #8 :clap:
I hear ya.... Good luck.:D

Rocket
09-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Dang! Lots of discussion off my statement about us maybe being the best 3A team ever. Daingerfield did have a great run back then. No doubt. But they didn't have to account for a spread offense with nuclear weapons...

fresh-j
09-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Dang! Lots of discussion off my statement about us maybe being the best 3A team ever

NOPE

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Dang! Lots of discussion off my statement about us maybe being the best 3A team ever. I just chalked it up to more hot air... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BwdLion73
09-16-2010, 08:18 PM
This conversation makes me wonder. Should teams keep their starters in the entire game to destroy teams and rack up points while keeping them from scoreing?
While scores and stats. are important and looked at for team strength, they can be changed by a coach who calls off the dogs and lets some kids play.:thinking:

I think there may be some all time great teams that coasted a little.

Rocket
09-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Brownwood's stats are better than LE's entire game stats with our starters playing half the game. Against quality opponents.

LE Dad
09-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Brownwood's stats are better than LE's entire game stats with our starters playing half the game. Against quality opponents. and stats are for......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: