PDA

View Full Version : REG I GOTW Monahans vs. Graham merged

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

trusteer/trublu
11-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Go Loboes!:thinking: :devil: :p thats what i thought all along:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Daddy D 11
11-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by trusteer/trublu
thats what i thought all along:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Haha I'm just trying to revive this sucker. It's gone dead.

trusteer/trublu
11-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Haha I'm just trying to revive this sucker. It's gone dead. im with ya man:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

gaonaboyzdad
11-19-2009, 11:42 PM
i think Monohans wins this game 33-21. i watched Graham play. Monahans is going to introduce a lot rougher game than Graham has played.
good luck to both teams.LET'S GO LOBOES

Deuce
11-19-2009, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by gaonaboyzdad
i think Monohans wins this game 33-21. i watched Graham play. Monahans is going to introduce a lot rougher game than Graham has played.
good luck to both teams.LET'S GO LOBOES

I guess you didn't hear about the Wylie game. We have played some of the roughest teams in the state. I think our boys can handle it.

Daddy D 11
11-19-2009, 11:48 PM
i think Monohans wins this game 33-21.

nope.

theoldoaktree
11-20-2009, 12:14 AM
good luck to both teams.LET'S GO LOBOES a better team than graham has played?? they dont call 2-3A the toughest district in 3A for no reason:):) but thanks for putting us as the underdog, we seem to play better under those circumstances.. hah good luck to monahans, especially in basoetball:devil:

Inmateboss
11-20-2009, 12:49 AM
Well here we go. I guess it is almost time to put up or shut up!!! This has been a good season for a lot of good teams. The deeper you go the harder it is to stay, as it should be!
Friday night we will let the cards fall where they may. I truly feel the STEERS will win this one if we play our game, which is to see what Monahans brings to the table, adapt and overcome. This game will not be a game of our O against their D, or our O vs their O, or D against D. This game will be won by the team thats executes in all areas. You drop passes, Dead meat. You miss Blocks, Dead meat. Turnovers, Deadmeat. Punt all night, Dead meat. This will be true for Graham,and Monahans.
Let's Do It!, No injuries, and safe travel for all.

GO GRAHAM STEERS !!!!!

Z-RO
11-20-2009, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
Well here we go. I guess it is almost time to put up or shut up!!! This has been a good season for a lot of good teams. The deeper you go the harder it is to stay, as it should be!
Friday night we will let the cards fall where they may. I truly feel the STEERS will win this one if we play our game, which is to see what Monahans brings to the table, adapt and overcome. This game will not be a game of our O against their D, or our O vs their O, or D against D. This game will be won by the team thats executes in all areas. You drop passes, Dead meat . You miss Blocks, Dead meat. Turnovers, Deadmeat. Punt all night, Dead meat. This will be true for Graham,and Monahans.

GO GRAHAM STEERS !!!!!

Graham had better hope that their frequent case of the drops does not occur.

Inmateboss
11-20-2009, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Graham had better hope that their frequent case of the drops does not occur.

We worked out all week with those Dog Shock collars, towards the end of the week we could chunk a ball up into the stands and they would catch it. worked great.:eek: :D :D

Z-RO
11-20-2009, 01:31 AM
We worked out all week with those Dog Shock collars, towards the end of the week we could chunk a ball up into the stands and they would catch it. worked great.:eek: :D :D

You mean like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAXTQW94Gig

lol, if they could just hold onto the ball Graham has the ability to make a very deep run.

Z-RO
11-20-2009, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by 20loboes10
OK where did u hear that we have a defensive back that runs a 5 flat? No one in our secondary is even close to 5 flat. Our safety runs a 4.7, our cornerbacks run 4.6 and 4.7, our rover runs a 4.7, and our sam linebacker runs a 4.5.

According to DCTF you are a http://www.legaljuice.com/LIAR-thumb.gif

Inmateboss
11-20-2009, 02:23 AM
You mean like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAXTQW94Gig

lol, if they could just hold onto the ball Graham has the ability to make a very deep run.

YEP, just like that!!! You talk about Focus, it will zero in your thought process. :eek: :eek: :eek:

M-town lobo fan
11-20-2009, 07:55 AM
Friday night we will let the cards fall where they may. I truly feel the STEERS will win this one if we play our game, which is to see what Monahans brings to the table, adapt and overcome. This game will not be a game of our O against their D, or our O vs their O, or D against D. This game will be won by the team thats executes in all areas. You drop passes, Dead meat. You miss Blocks, Dead meat. Turnovers, Deadmeat. Punt all night, Dead meat. This will be true for Graham,and Monahans.

GO GRAHAM STEERS !!!!!

Well said! Finally! Daddy D 11 you should take notes from this guy!

20loboes10
11-20-2009, 09:04 AM
No I will not be able to make it.

Darn it i was looking forward to meeting you!!

Deuce
11-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Best of luck to both teams! Headin out a 3:00. I hope this is going to be the game we all made it out to be.

Z-RO
11-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Is this game at 7 or 7:30?

steers2
11-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Is this game at 7 or 7:30?

Z-RO
11-20-2009, 10:14 AM
appreciate it, going to have to drive a little bit faster then I expected.

M-town lobo fan
11-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Anyone know what the weather is going to be like at mustang bowl tonight?

Z-RO
11-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Supposed to be partly cloudy in the mid 30's :doh:

Deuce
11-20-2009, 10:40 AM
heard it could get down in the 30's before the game is over.

M-town lobo fan
11-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Thnx! Dam better get my thick jacket out.

BwdLions
11-20-2009, 11:01 AM
It is going to get cold in West Texas tonight.

ccmom
11-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Go Steers, Go!:clap: :clap:

STANG RED
11-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Sweetwater Weather today

Today: A mix of clouds and sun. High 63F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight: Generally clear. Low near 40F. Winds light and variable.

Sounds like perfect football weather to me. We're rolling out the RED carpet for our Steers and Loboes friends. Yall have a safe trip to a from Mustang land.

DaHop72
11-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by trusteer/trublu
settle ...we will have our sound system at the game... Did you check to make sure they will let you bring it on the field? GetRDun says since the remod that they don't allow you to do a lot of the things you could in the past.

BwdLions
11-20-2009, 11:31 AM
You're right, that's not as cold as I thought it would be. I figured the wind would be blowing more than that out there. That is perfect football weather.

M-town lobo fan
11-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Sweetwater Weather today

Today: A mix of clouds and sun. High 63F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight: Generally clear. Low near 40F. Winds light and variable.

Sounds like perfect football weather to me. We're rolling out the RED carpet for our Steers and Loboes friends. Yall have a safe trip to a from Mustang land.

Thnx! highly appreciated! see ya tonight

statewide
11-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Does anyone realize that this is just the second round and is not considered a deep playoff run? Just checking.

Deuce
11-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Didn't see where anyone considered it a deep playoff run!

Daddy D 11
11-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by statewide
Does anyone realize that this is just the second round and is not considered a deep playoff run? Just checking.

Good, I'm glad you realize this was not a deep playoff run for Monahans this year.

11-1 is still cool though...I guess?

:devil: LOL

(Had to make one last little jab at you guys:))

statewide
11-20-2009, 03:07 PM
No Daddy, the numbers during a weak schedule don't matter, it is how DEEP you go post season. That is all that matters year in, year out. This season, I would consider anything short of quarter finals a huge dissapointment. You guys have had a good season though, you can always say you beat Wylie.

Deuce
11-20-2009, 03:10 PM
No Daddy, the numbers during a weak schedule don't matter, it is how DEEP you go post season. That is all that matters year in, year out. This season, I would consider anything short of quarter finals a huge dissapointment. You guys have had a good season though, you can always say you beat Wylie.

Good response right up until that last sentence. We will see in about 5 hrs!

statewide
11-20-2009, 03:11 PM
The way our girls are playing in San Marcus, we may bring them out tonight. Can you imagine, one school having the State Champion football and volleyball team. It is almost more than we can stand......GOMEANGREEN.

Daddy D 11
11-20-2009, 03:13 PM

Funny thing is, even after a 4-5 year and no playoffs.... our seniors are still graduating with a big fat shiny state ring on their hand. Your kids can't say that :hand:

So keep trying. Maybe one day y'all will actually win the region.. or even do the unthinkable and make a state title game... or even do the miraculous and win a state title?:rolleyes: Doubt it though.

STANG RED
11-20-2009, 03:20 PM

True, but the winner of this one should make a deep playoff run. There are always a few really good teams that get knocked out early because of matchups like this. Either of these teams are probably capable of getting to the SC game, but just one wrong bounce tonight, could be all the difference needed.

statewide
11-20-2009, 03:22 PM
True, but the winner of this one should make a deep playoff run. There are always a few really good teams that get knocked out early because of matchups like this. Either of these teams are probably capable of getting to the SC game, but just one wrong bounce tonight, could be all the difference needed.

I agree. It should be a great game and I for one will be pulling for the winner to win it all. I think the next round will be an easier game for the winner tonight.

Deuce
11-20-2009, 03:23 PM
winner of this game should face brownwood in a couple of weeks!

statewide
11-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Hot off the press. Monahans Loboes playing for the state championship tomorrow. (volleyball) but sure has a good ring to it.........

loboes86
11-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Funny thing is, even after a 4-5 year and no playoffs.... our seniors are still graduating with a big fat shiny state ring on their hand. Your kids can't say that :hand:

So keep trying. Maybe one day y'all will actually win the region.. or even do the unthinkable and make a state title game... or even do the miraculous and win a state title?:rolleyes: Doubt it though. I think Monahans has won a state championship in football, it may have been 60 years ago but I think it still counts.

statewide
11-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by loboes86
I think Monahans has won a state championship in football, it may have been 60 years ago but I think it still counts.

Don't waste your breath on Daddy11.

loboes86
11-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Don't waste your breath on Daddy11. I wont , I realy dont care what he thinks .

statewide
11-20-2009, 08:06 PM
first play from scrimmage, 17 yard run for the Loboes.

statewide
11-20-2009, 08:13 PM
7-0 MEAN GREEN MACHINE

Cameron Crazy
11-20-2009, 08:59 PM
60 yard pass 14-7 Graham

Cameron Crazy
11-20-2009, 09:05 PM
21-7 Graham.

statewide
11-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
winner of this game should face brownwood in a couple of weeks!

They are losing to Seminole by two touchdowns currently.

statewide
11-20-2009, 09:21 PM
As feared, Graham is the real deal. 21-7 Loboes have the ball first and goal with about 1 minute left until half.

statewide
11-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Touchdown Loboes, extra point blocked and Graham runs it the length of the field.

23-13

statewide
11-20-2009, 09:52 PM
30-13
Steers at the half.

statewide
11-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Monahans Loboes have now intercepted McCoy twice in the second half and rebounded from a 30-13 halftime score to 30-28. Loboes have the ball. Starting 4th quarter. As predicted, great game. Two very good football teams. I think Graham may have thought with a 30-13 lead at half and getting the ball to start the 3rd things were in hand, I am proud of the Loboes staying with it against a very good Graham squad.

statewide
11-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Graham runs it in for a TD, they aren't suppose to run! Caught Loboes with everyone in coverage. 37-28 Graham.

wyliefan
11-20-2009, 10:45 PM
How much time left, go graham.

statewide
11-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Not sure but it is 44-28 Graham. They have control in the middle of 4th. They are a great offensive football team and good on defense as well. Good luck to them the rest of the way. They are the real deal.

SWAS009
11-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by wyliefan
How much time left, go graham.

Just under 7 left. Heard anything on the Wylie vs. Andrews game?

statewide
11-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Wylie was up 35-0 last time I checked. McCoy has thrown for 366 yards against the Loboes. so far.

Charlie47
11-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Wylie 35 to 0

statewide
11-20-2009, 11:18 PM
44-28 final. Congratulations to the Graham Steers and good luck the rest of the way. Congratulations to the Loboes for a good season.

STANG RED
11-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Just got home from this game. WOW what a game to watch. Much closer than the final score would lead you to believe. One very fine and sad football team is going home to Monahans tonight. Both teams played their hearts out, and left everything they had on the field. Too bad somebody had to lose this one. One of the best games I've seen in a long time.

95mustang
11-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Congrats Graham.

TheDOCTORdre
11-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Just got home from this game. WOW what a game to watch. Much closer than the final score would lead you to believe. One very fine and sad football team is going home to Monahans tonight. Both teams played their hearts out, and left everything they had on the field. Too bad somebody had to lose this one. One of the best games I've seen in a long time.

hey Red if the Loboes had Titus how different of a game would it have been?

loboes86
11-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Congrats to Graham sounded like a very good game. To bad I had to miss it due to work.

STANG RED
11-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
hey Red if the Loboes had Titus how different of a game would it have been?

Honestly? If Monahans had all their weapons, I think they win this by 10 or more. Not a knock on Graham at all, but I saw how good the Loboes were without those guys. Simple fact is, with them, I think Monahans scores more, and Graham scores less. But we'll never know. Both are very fine teams, and the game could have easily gone either way tonight.

DaHop72
11-21-2009, 12:17 AM
Honestly? If Monahans had all their weapons, I think they win this by 10 or more. Not a knock on Graham at all, but I saw how good the Loboes were without those guys. Simple fact is, with them, I think Monahans scores more, and Graham scores less. But we'll never know. Both are very fine teams, and the game could have easily gone either way tonight. Good analysis Red, also Monahans lost a starting DL early in the game and I never did see him go back in. Great game to be a spectator.:clap: :clap:
Great season Loboes!!!:clap: :clap:

Congrats Steers, continue to represent 2-3A. :clap: :clap:

DaHop72
11-21-2009, 12:43 AM
Any bets on what wtfootball will say is the reason Monahans lost?:thinking: :thinking:

:devil: :devil:

ccmom
11-21-2009, 01:45 AM
Congrats, Steers! Go District 2, Go!

westtxfballfan
11-21-2009, 01:46 AM
Just got back home. Congrats to Graham on the win, and good luck the rest of the way. Congrats on a fine season, Loboes. Giving up 30 points in that awful 2nd quarter was too much to overcome, but they fought back after the half and made a great game of it. Graham made the plays when they needed to down the stretch.

bwdaggie
11-21-2009, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
Just got back home. Congrats to Graham on the win, and good luck the rest of the way. Congrats on a fine season, Loboes. Giving up 30 points in that awful 2nd quarter was too much to overcome, but they fought back after the half and made a great game of it. Graham made the plays when they needed to down the stretch.

nice post ***! sounds like it was a super game! i know (from volleyball) that the monahans fan support is incredible...good town & good kids. congrats on a great season. congrats to graham!

M-town lobo fan
11-21-2009, 02:07 AM
Congrats to Graham! Goodluck in the playoffs.good season loboes we'll be back next year!

Z-RO
11-21-2009, 02:26 AM
Graham had a problem catching the football at the start of the game (1 that would have been a sure TD), but they finally got things going. Graham started both halfs very slow but warmed up as they continued. Graham could have very easily punched in another one right there at the end. In my honest opinion, if Monahans would have been 100% I think this game is a toss up.

Im sure Monahans would have scored more points, but could they have out scored Graham if they were 100%? Last time I checked it was their offense that was hurt...like I said toss up.

Side note: the Mustand Bowl is really nice.

Deuce
11-21-2009, 02:44 AM
WOW, what a game!!! Both defenses had their moments, but not near the d-battle i expected. Graham came out in the 3rd qtr. and looked like a jv team, turned it around and got a great win. Hats off to the Loboes. They had alot better running game than i expected. This was a classic battle.

Deuce
11-21-2009, 02:49 AM
Honestly? If Monahans had all their weapons, I think they win this by 10 or more. Not a knock on Graham at all, but I saw how good the Loboes were without those guys. Simple fact is, with them, I think Monahans scores more, and Graham scores less. But we'll never know. Both are very fine teams, and the game could have easily gone either way tonight.

Have to disagree a little. All their weapons that were lost were on offense from my understanding, so i think we could have scored just as much. And who knows, if they would have had all their weapons maybe our D would have been a little more amped up than they were. By far this is the worst game that I have seen our D play since Bridgeport. Either way it was a great game!

Inmateboss
11-21-2009, 02:51 AM
WOW, what a game!!! Both defenses had their moments, but not near the d-battle i expected. Graham came out in the 3rd qtr. and looked like a jv team, turned it around and got a great win. Hats off to the Loboes. They had alot better running game than i expected. This was a classic battle.

:iagree: :iagree:

trusteer/trublu
11-21-2009, 03:20 AM
The way our girls are playing in San Marcus, we may bring them out tonight. Can you imagine, one school having the State Champion football and volleyball team. It is almost more than we can stand......GOMEANGREEN. WAKE UP DOROTHY, IT WAS A DREAM:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

trusteer/trublu
11-21-2009, 03:20 AM
The way our girls are playing in San Marcus, we may bring them out tonight. Can you imagine, one school having the State Champion football and volleyball team. It is almost more than we can stand......GOMEANGREEN. WAKE UP DOROTHY, IT WAS A DREAM:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

wtfootball
11-21-2009, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Any bets on what wtfootball will say is the reason Monahans lost?:thinking: :thinking:

Due to popular demand I think the following. In 2009 we were robbed by poor calls at the end of the game to steal region from the Loboes. Last night the better team won the game. Big difference. I have never cried about officiating before the Bridgeport game. It ruined the game for me. Three years ago against Snyder Titus was started as a sophomore and we were killed but he got valuable experience. The 08 class lost any chance to advance to give him playoff experience. Last year all the juniors were the go to guys, named all state, etc. The Loboes were counting on this season for some reason, I didn't see it. But they had it in their mind that this was the team. I read comparisons in the paper a couple of times about why this years team was undefeated and "better" than the 09 squad. I felt the whole time it was due to the weak schedule but I just kept reading. I think it is innapropriate to talk about why you are better than a previous team from your own school but apparantly it was allowed this season. I think Monahans let a great chance slip away in 09. They had a great group of juniors and seniors. I have been quieter lately because I didn't think this team would go as far as some did. Titus and Owens were very solid, Denton was good but that's not enough for a state run, particularly when two of these three were lost. I hoped with all I had they could pull it off, but never expected it. They beat Sweetwater and to this day think they got the football giant but this is not a typical sweetwater team. False confidence was built. I hate if for the kids, a very good group of young men. Congratulations to Graham, you are very good. With Titus and Denton, game would have been better as Monahans would have had it on Offense more but would not have changed the outcome in my opinion.
p.s. The 09 team beats this years Graham team by 3 touchdowns!
wtfootball out

statewide
11-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Good morning.
A great job by both teams from all accounts. Monahans Loboes I think ended 11-1, nothing to be ashamed of, great season. Good luck to the Steers, blow out the Bulls! Time to go get behind the Green Girls so they can bring home State today. We have two very good teams to be proud of next week. Thanks for the great season.

M-town lobo fan
11-21-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by wtfootball
Due to popular demand I think the following. In 2009 we were robbed by poor calls at the end of the game to steal region from the Loboes. Last night the better team won the game. Big difference. I have never cried about officiating before the Bridgeport game. It ruined the game for me. Three years ago against Snyder Titus was started as a sophomore and we were killed but he got valuable experience. The 08 class lost any chance to advance to give him playoff experience. Last year all the juniors were the go to guys, named all state, etc. The Loboes were counting on this season for some reason, I didn't see it. But they had it in their mind that this was the team. I read comparisons in the paper a couple of times about why this years team was undefeated and "better" than the 09 squad. I felt the whole time it was due to the weak schedule but I just kept reading. I think it is innapropriate to talk about why you are better than a previous team from your own school but apparantly it was allowed this season. I think Monahans let a great chance slip away in 09. They had a great group of juniors and seniors. I have been quieter lately because I didn't think this team would go as far as some did. Titus and Owens were very solid, Denton was good but that's not enough for a state run, particularly when two of these three were lost. I hoped with all I had they could pull it off, but never expected it. They beat Sweetwater and to this day think they got the football giant but this is not a typical sweetwater team. False confidence was built. I hate if for the kids, a very good group of young men. Congratulations to Graham, you are very good. With Titus and Denton, game would have been better as Monahans would have had it on Offense more but would not have changed the outcome in my opinion.
p.s. The 09 team beats this years Graham team by 3 touchdowns!
wtfootball out

You must have been a 2009 Graduate or had a son that Graduated in 2009.It's all said an done but I've been following Loboes football playoffs since 82 & this was the team with the best chance to win it all when they were %100.Without injuries no excuses.Who will ever know how good this team couldve have been or far they couldve gone.

wtfootball
11-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
You must have been a 2009 Graduate or had a son that Graduated in 2009.It's all said an done but I've been following Loboes football playoffs since 82 & this was the team with the best chance to win it all when they were %100.Without injuries no excuses.Who will ever know how good this team couldve have been or far they couldve gone.

actually not. I am a Loboe football fanatic, but have not been around long as you, but I do love the green every season. I watched us really suck it up in 03 and 04, then bringing in a new coach and have the best team I have seen in a long time in 05. I thought in 09 we had similar talent and came inches from going as far as the 05 group. I think we had talent this year, particularly in the group of seniors just not as much, but you may be right, I don't know all the kids. You really think this group was better than 05? May have been and I may be wrong. NowI line up behind the 2011 class and hope they have more than it seems to give us another good run next season. I was so emotional after the loss last year, I made many enemies on this board. I wouldn't let myself get so worked up this season. Maybe that is why I was not sold as much as many were on this season. Good luck to the Loboes. I'll drop off again before I make someone else mad.

grahampaw
11-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by boynoles
check this out Graham offensive line 240, 245,205,295,195. Monahans defensive line 220,295,315,225.I think our boys will be ready to play What do you guys think of our little boys on the line now?Basicly besides slowing down our run your big D-line was held in check.The blitz getting threw came from way outside and Case was ready for that.Way to stand up to the challenge guys.And Monahans you are a bunch of studs,I think they where close to Wylie and better then anyone else we played.Its ashamed that one of us had to be knocked out so soon because Monahans would make a deep run.

Russki
11-21-2009, 12:15 PM
This Lobo team is great team. But not as good as 13-1 2005 team. 2005 team overall has better defense and offense, and played a tougher schedule going 10-0 regular season. Better coaching staff top to bottom also. 2005 team probably best team in Monahans history comrades.

statewide
11-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Russki
This Lobo team is great team. But not as good as 13-1 2005 team. 2005 team overall has better defense and offense, and played a tougher schedule going 10-0 regular season. Better coaching staff top to bottom also. 2005 team probably best team in Monahans history comrades.

I agree but think it was the same coaching staff. I believe it was the AD's first year (2005). I remember losing the heartbreaker to Sweetwater, we played Bridgeport the week before in their stadium and they were very good and ready for us the following week. We were behind by like 4 points in the fourth, punted it and they immediately scored, game was over. It was a great team and a great year. They had Graves and Roberson, both exceptional runners.

TheDOCTORdre
11-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Where's DaddyD11 at?

WTF-82
11-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw
What do you guys think of our little boys on the line now?Basicly besides slowing down our run your big D-line was held in check.The blitz getting threw came from way outside and Case was ready for that.Way to stand up to the challenge guys.And Monahans you are a bunch of studs,I think they where close to Wylie and better then anyone else we played.Its ashamed that one of us had to be knocked out so soon because Monahans would make a deep run.

Congradulations to Graham they did do a great job!!! but Monahans dline did put lots of pressure on McCoy they did a great job that's why they got some holding calls our guys are hard to block the refs could of called them all night.
But here is what Graham did to adjust to that they used quick time routes rolled out and found openings in our Zone it takes a kid like McCoy that has been the starter for 4 years to be able to do this in HS. Brad has been running the spread for a long time from his days in at Jim Ned with Colt and it showed great job.
Loboes made lots of mistakes that you cant do in the Playoffs against any team. In the second half we started to get our run game going 30 t 28 we force a big turnover but we were very conservative there and it cost us. We punted refs did not see the clip on the Return and they started the drive on our 26. Very short field and they punched it in thats like a turnover. 37 t 28 at that point we get the ball a comit a stupid personal foul big mistake. Then we get called for a holding call man that flag almost came out the same time we snapped the ball WOW that puts us in a 1st and 20 the way our offense is we can not afford to be in these situations that hurt us so we had to become a pass team again. Penalties and a sack pinned us and punting from deep again they get them the short field again this time our 30 they are good enough and found a seem in our zone and scored. They found that they could attack one our corners and did it in the first half twice, that was a poor job by our secondary but that's Football.

Overall losing 4 starters on offense was a big key against a great Football team we moved up some JV players and they contributed well Our entire backfield that played the playoffs will return FB-soph, RB junior, JVrb Soph, QB-junior. Our entire secondary will return but 1 corner and the best Linebacker in the state #40 probably finished the year with about 150 tackles he runs a 4.5 he will be back. If we stay healthy we can be back and be better we will have to rebuild our o and d line but that is what we do our JV has not lost in over 3 1/2 years and Fresh are solid also undefeated. Lobo Football will be strong again next year I wish Graham good luck with Bridgeport.

Go Loboes!!!

WTF-82
11-21-2009, 01:27 PM
I fogot we had a terrible 2nd qtr to much to overcome. But we almot did.

STANG RED
11-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Have to disagree a little. All their weapons that were lost were on offense from my understanding, so i think we could have scored just as much. And who knows, if they would have had all their weapons maybe our D would have been a little more amped up than they were. By far this is the worst game that I have seen our D play since Bridgeport. Either way it was a great game!

Your overlooking a huge factor. Monahans ran the ball well as it was, and controled the clock for the most part. Had they had all their offensive weapons, I think they would have dominated the clock, and Graham would have had at least 4 fewer possesions. I think the Loboes would have scored at least 2 more touchdowns with all their offensive studs (especially Titus), and the Steers would have scored two less TDs, having fewer possesions. And it would have still been as great of a game to watch, just a different outcome. Then again, we'll never really know.

And as good as I think the Graham Steers are, the lack of a good rushing game is going to jump up and bite them in the butt. You will eventually meet a D that will slow that passing game way down. Teams without good rushing games DO NOT win state championships! Mark it down.

Inmateboss
11-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Where's DaddyD11 at?

He is on a secret scouting mission for our next game!!!! He'll be back, you can bet on that!!!!:eek: :eek:

M-town lobo fan
11-21-2009, 06:15 PM

In 3A Monahans History maybe but all 80's 4A team was better than 2005

Russki
11-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Statewide, I respect your opinion. The same staff is not intact. Rivera was the receivers coach and retired. Rivera had many years of experience. McWilliams was the defensive ends and strength coach, and is now the head coach at Petrolia. Burns was the running backs coach, and is now the head coach at Thorndale. Spivey was the defensive tackles coach, and is now the head coach at Junction. Junction got to the state semi-finals last year. I would like to congratulate Spivey, McWilliams, and Burns. All of these coaches got their 1A teams to the playoffs this year. McWilliams and Burns in their first years at their respective programs. So 4 of the 8 coaches from the 2005 team are gone. Head Coach Owens, Simpson, Roark, and Mitchell are still there off of the 2005 staff. The 2005 team had a great offensive line, with Birdwell and Swanson being All-State. Graves and Roberson were the running backs, and were better than any running backs that they have now. Graves was All-State. The defense had Richardson and Wisnand, both All-State defensive ends. Jasso was a great middle linebacker who was on the All West Texas Super Team. The secondary had Collins and Fann, who are better athletes and players than anyone that they have now. To put it bluntly comrade, the 2005 team was loaded for bear. The game against Sweetwater was between two 13-0 teams, and Monahans still would like to replay that game.

STANG RED
11-21-2009, 08:57 PM
To put it bluntly comrade, the 2005 team was loaded for bear. The game against Sweetwater was between two 13-0 teams, and Monahans still would like to replay that game.

I honestly dont know why. It was pretty obvious the better team won. Dont get me wrong, it was a great game between two great teams, but Sweetwater was obviously much much much faster, and just better all the way around.

IrishTex
11-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72

Do you ever have anything positive to say about people? You sound like a little old widow woman with your back biting..

:rolleyes:

WTF-82
11-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
In 3A Monahans History maybe but all 80's 4A team was better than 2005

I agree! But only a few of those.

GetRDoneStangs
11-21-2009, 11:36 PM
He is on a secret scouting mission for our next game!!!! He'll be back, you can bet on that!!!!:eek: :eek:

He may have been on a "scouting mission".....

just betting it wasn't for your next game!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

slingshot
11-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Errr... Monahans wasn't 13-0 in '05. They lost to us in district... :D

DukeNukem
11-21-2009, 11:59 PM
This was a great game to watch. Here are my takes on the game.

1. Graham is a great ball club and was able to answer each time it looked as the momentum had swung in Monahans favor.

2. Both teams had some calls that went against them and for them. The big ones were missed calls on some juggling catches and the holding calls that always seem to get called on running teams but not passing teams as there is just to much for the officials to keep track of on spread passing plays.

3. McCoy is the real deal. Saw Colt play in high school and Case is every bit as good of a passer. Not sure on the runner as he is not asked to do much.

4. Was very impressed with the two sophomore running backs Monahans used in the second half. These two are going to run for lots of yards over the next 2 years for Monahans.

5. Monahans #40 and Grahams #2 are two of the best linebackers I have seen at the 3a level. Also the lineman that Graham used in the power I set is a beast.

6. The 2 main keys to the Graham victories were depth and field position. The star players Monahans lossed this year were offensive starters, but the domino effect killed Monahans chances at a state title. The injured offensive starters had to be replaced by defensive starters which made them have to play both sides of the ball the entire game. This is a big disadvantage against a team that can 2 platoon.

Congrats to Graham and good luck next week.

statewide
11-22-2009, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by slingshot

The only loss in 2005 was to Sweetwater in the playoffs.

STANG RED
11-23-2009, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by slingshot

Errr... To my knowledge, Wylie has never been in the same district with Monahans, and most likely never will be.:D

M-town lobo fan
11-23-2009, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by DukeNukem

1. Graham is a great ball club and was able to answer each time it looked as the momentum had swung in Monahans favor.

2. Both teams had some calls that went against them and for them. The big ones were missed calls on some juggling catches and the holding calls that always seem to get called on running teams but not passing teams as there is just to much for the officials to keep track of on spread passing plays.

3. McCoy is the real deal. Saw Colt play in high school and Case is every bit as good of a passer. Not sure on the runner as he is not asked to do much.

4. Was very impressed with the two sophomore running backs Monahans used in the second half. These two are going to run for lots of yards over the next 2 years for Monahans.

5. Monahans #40 and Grahams #2 are two of the best linebackers I have seen at the 3a level. Also the lineman that Graham used in the power I set is a beast.

6. The 2 main keys to the Graham victories were depth and field position. The star players Monahans lossed this year were offensive starters, but the domino effect killed Monahans chances at a state title. The injured offensive starters had to be replaced by defensive starters which made them have to play both sides of the ball the entire game. This is a big disadvantage against a team that can 2 platoon.

M-town lobo fan
11-23-2009, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by DukeNukem

Well said! But you left out we were out coached.
18 seconds before half Graham goes deep on a 1 on 1 for 50 yrds.To make it 30-13 at half instead of 23-13'You have 1 of the best QB in 3A where else do you think he is going???? Ever heard of prevent D??????Brought back memories of Midland High when they lost to Converse Judson on the last play of the game for the State Championship.Bet that coach wish he could turn back time.

garciap77
11-23-2009, 09:59 AM
congrats Graham!

garciap77
11-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Right now I am riding down the road training a new employee:D playing on my PDA:cool: Other than that I sit behind a desk and "supervise" LOL :p

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/hitler-baby-1.jpg:D

teetle
11-23-2009, 10:28 AM
I bes bettin that Ol Ringeye will bes getting out his hemroid medicine out.:D :bigcry: :eek:

garciap77
11-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Where's DaddyD11 at?

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Daddy D 11
11-23-2009, 12:23 PM
DADDY KNOWS BEST! :D

Daddy D 11
11-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by loboes86
I wont , I realy dont care what he thinks .

Well, you all should have cared a little bit more.

...I tried to tell you guys:dispntd:

garciap77
11-23-2009, 12:44 PM
DADDY KNOWS BEST! :D

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

:D

Deuce
11-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Well, you all should have cared a little bit more.

...I tried to tell you guys:dispntd:

:clap:

Daddy D 11
11-23-2009, 01:20 PM
All you Monahans guys ready to come on here and eat some crow?

Tres Lobos
11-23-2009, 02:35 PM
All you Monahans guys ready to come on here and eat some crow?

there you are daddy D i was wondering where you were lol. Yep us Monahans people are here for some crow. We talked our trash and so did all of yall, Graham came out on top after a hard battle. It was a fun season for the loboes though. Goodluck to graham for the rest of the year. I no I'm cheering for yall to whoop up on some bulls this week and whoever else decides to stand in yalls way to a state championship!

Daddy D 11
11-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
there you are daddy D i was wondering where you were lol. Yep us Monahans people are here for some crow. We talked our trash and so did all of yall, Graham came out on top after a hard battle. It was a fun season for the loboes though. Goodluck to graham for the rest of the year. I no I'm cheering for yall to whoop up on some bulls this week and whoever else decides to stand in yalls way to a state championship!

Haha I was hunting all weekend sorry I couldn't get on sooner. Classy post man:clap: Way to be the first of all your buddies to step up to the crow buffet:D

grahampaw
11-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
there you are daddy D i was wondering where you were lol. Yep us Monahans people are here for some crow. We talked our trash and so did all of yall, Graham came out on top after a hard battle. It was a fun season for the loboes though. Goodluck to graham for the rest of the year. I no I'm cheering for yall to whoop up on some bulls this week and whoever else decides to stand in yalls way to a state championship! Monahans was a great team as well and your support means alot to the boys.

statewide
11-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Beat the Bulls until they forfeit at half!
Go Steers.
This Monahans poster will support Graham the rest of the way but has a special spot in his heart after watching the yellow flags erase the big lead we had against Bridgeport last year along with our poor defensive play.
Beat the Bulls!

tex_male
11-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by tex_male
I think Monahans should start the second team and JV players against Graham so we don't lose any key players to injury. We may need them next week!:nerd:

:D

I guess we should have put the starters in sooner.......:D :D

Daddy D 11
11-23-2009, 05:21 PM
I guess we should have put the starters in sooner.......:D :D

... step on up to the crow buffet!:p

tex_male
11-23-2009, 05:29 PM
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/23500/Donkey-Clown--23989.jpg

:rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
11-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Still not accepting defeat I see. :dispntd: Atleast some of your buddies have the balls to eat some crow.

tex_male
11-23-2009, 05:36 PM
:D The team that had more points on the score board is still playing ball!:D

slingshot
11-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Errr... To my knowledge, Wylie has never been in the same district with Monahans, and most likely never will be.:D Sorry--My bad... I obviously meant to type that Sweetwater wasn't 13-0 in '05 and had lost to Wylie in district (just like every other year in recent memory :D )...

20loboes10
11-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Still not accepting defeat I see. :dispntd: Atleast some of your buddies have the balls to eat some crow.

I missed you Daddy D 11 i had a seat open for you. If you would have came maybe someone would have been cheering on our side of the field. :bigcry:

BullsFan
11-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Beat the Bulls until they forfeit at half!
Go Steers.
This Monahans poster will support Graham the rest of the way but has a special spot in his heart after watching the yellow flags erase the big lead we had against Bridgeport last year along with our poor defensive play.
Beat the Bulls!

Hey, wtfootball! How's it going?