Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    All-American

Texas has not won it all since it had an African-American QB. For some reason, there is hesitancy to go with one nowadays on the Forty Acres.

I think Vince Young, whom Mack Brown reluctantly agreed to start when he finally realized it was the only way he could win it all, proves my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    Texas has not won it all since it had an African-American QB. For some reason, there is hesitancy to go with one nowadays on the Forty Acres.

I think Vince Young, whom Mack Brown reluctantly agreed to start when he finally realized it was the only way he could win it all, proves my point.
    Well this thread has taken an interesting turn lol

I’m no Longhorn QB expert, but heard and Swoopes both got shots recently? I’m sure there are others

Junior Varsity

LOL
    And Colt McCoy was black?

Tyrone and Jerrod Heard are white?
    Brownwood Lions
    7 Time State Champions
    1960 1965 1967 1969 1970 1978 1981

All-American

When did Colt McCoy win a national championship?

Forgot about Swoopes. Heard didn't get much of a shot, as I recall.

Oh well. Disney still owes Texas 13 more years of payments on its network contract.

I now see why I forgot about Swoopes. He would never have been starter but for David Ash's head injuries.

Swoopes never should have even been recruited as a QB. He's now a TE.
    Last edited by Aesculus gilmus; 09-02-2018 at 10:38 AM.

All-District

Jerrod Heard was the top dual threat Quarterback coming out of high school,move him back under center

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by clcannon17 View Post
    They are usually in positions to win. Ehlinger just continues to make terrible mistakes at the worst time.
    USC, okie state, Tech, and now Maryland. I wouldn't say Texas' season is over yet, they did improve last year as the season progressed, but if they're gonna turn it around they'll need Sam to stop making boneheaded plays.

Now tbf to ehlinger, the oline and runningbacks, need to step it up as well.
    Sam needs to be riding the pine

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    When did Colt McCoy win a national championship?

Forgot about Swoopes. Heard didn't get much of a shot, as I recall.

Oh well. Disney still owes Texas 13 more years of payments on its network contract.

I now see why I forgot about Swoopes. He would never have been starter but for David Ash's head injuries.

Swoopes never should have even been recruited as a QB. He's now a TE.
    Doubling down on the dumb race comment. Bold move

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Doubling down on the dumb race comment. Bold move
    In Upshur County, if we do something, we do it tp the max.

In the last 4 seasons as head coach of Kansas, David Beaty has a record of 3-34, with only 1 of those wins coming against an FBS school. That 1 win? The Texas Longhorns

All-American
    Blog Entries

I guess it's so bad now that this kind of discussion is going on in just about any gathering where UT fans can exchange poetry, Huh?
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Okay......here's how bad it really is. When my brother starts saying Mack Brown wasn't so bad afterall......now we know it's really, really bad, LOL. I'm not denigrating Mack Brown.......just that my brother was never too keen on him. So when he says that, it means things are really, really bad for UT.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Lol I just had the ‘Mack Brown was still winning 9+ games per year and got fired’ discussion yesterday with a couple friends

I'm going to be laughing my ass off at you guys when they get this thing turned around. And it will be sooner than later. That's all I've got for now. lol
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

I saw on twitter where someone said the Longhorns haven’t won 3 consecutive games since 2013 lol

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    I saw on twitter where someone said the Longhorns haven’t won 3 consecutive games since 2013 lol
    Actually I think they won three in a row in 2014. Got them bowl eligible. Herman quoted that 2013 stat wrong in PC today. I also think he was wrong with the Of Mice or Men analogy- been thirty years since I read it but I don't remember Lenny killing a rabbit. He is Mensa though so maybe there is hidden meaning in comparing his team to Lenny...Idk