Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    All-American

In my opnion Jackson will stay at Boling

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    In my opnion Jackson will stay at Boling
    Wherever he is, wish him well. One amazing athlete. You likely right Scoop. Lot's of sour grapes being spoken off gossip. All I said, everything we've done, will do, is transparent and above board. They will not be foolishly stupid with this team returning. No need.
    YnoT us?

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    Wherever he is, wish him well. One amazing athlete. You likely right Scoop. Lot's of sour grapes being spoken off gossip. All I said, everything we've done, will do, is transparent and above board. They will not be foolishly stupid with this team returning. No need.
    You sure about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Crow22 View Post
    You sure about that?
    You all talking about it for awhile. How much more transparent you need? Scoop heard about awhile back as I recall him asking.
    YnoT us?

Ya'll had a few non-homegrowners. Some as I recall had a dad who coached too. Might not of been this caliber like Vern. Fingers crossed. Usually, they head south of us for some reason. Nice having them interested in YT to plant roots. Now, I know how they feel/felt down there. Even El Campo plucked a few from Palacios area, out their way.

Name one. The last non-home grown (non-coach's kid) player who made an impact that I know of was back in 1981. Oscar Riggins, move in from Abilene High.

Coaches kid's? Yes, several.

But no, Cameron rarely gets an impact move in.

We make one state appearance since 50's, you make it sound like we pulling a fast one. It's all been out in the open. And, legal if it happens. Seeing where your from 22, sure it isn't more than someone thinking of coming to YT?
    YnoT us?

Letterman

We make one state appearance since 50's, you make it sound like we pulling a fast one. It's all been out in the open. And, legal if it happens. Seeing where your from 22, sure it isn't more than someone thinking of coming to YT?
    I haven't been in Altair in almost 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Cougar View Post
    Name one. The last non-home grown (non-coach's kid) player who made an impact that I know of was back in 1981. Oscar Riggins, move in from Abilene High.

Coaches kid's? Yes, several.

But no, Cameron rarely gets an impact move in.
    As I said, you've had them, maybe not to Vern's caliber. And, coaches kid's often comes with their parents as they did in Yoe. Some make it sound like it's illegal. Owens was a rarely one for us too.
    YnoT us?

Letterman

As I said, you've had them, maybe not to Vern's caliber. And, coaches kid's often comes with their parents. Some make it sound like it's illegal.
    Coming with a parent is one thing.....this however....

Sure like to get the ultimate rare one in Vern.
    YnoT us?

Coming with a parent is one thing.....this however....
    well, guess UIL will have to decide the guardianship issue, huh? It's all out there 22.
    YnoT us?

Letterman

well, guess UIL will have to decide the guardianship issue, huh? It's all out there 22.
    I, for one, hope it doesn't come to that. I hope for the kid's sake he finishes with his teammates that he's been with his entire life. I have no horse in the race but I know plenty of the people involved at Boling and I can tell you this, they love that kid and he loves them. Its a very tight knit community and he's a big part of it.

Just stop making them accusations of shady stuff happening. They will not risk the success this team will have regardless if he comes here or not. No one really knows what that family will decide. And, it is theirs to make.
    YnoT us?

Letterman

Just stop making them accusations of shady stuff happening. They will not risk the success this team will have regardless if he comes here or not. No one really knows what that family will decide. And, it is theirs to make.
    Didn't yall just get another move in as well? Good time to be a Yoakum Bulldog fan, I guess. Families moving in from everywhere. Is the job market picking up there or something?

lol...

Didn't yall just get another move in as well? Good time to be a Yoakum Bulldog fan, I guess. Families moving in from everywhere. Is the job market picking up there or something?

lol...
    Yes, The POPE arrived from San Benito. Enrolled like two weeks back. They are originally from here. Not sure what dad does, was a preacher when they lived here before. Yes, job market and oil economy is doing pretty good again. Got a son/grandkid with skills, come to YT 22.
    YnoT us?