All-American

All-American

Expecting big things from Stephenville, I see. I like it! It's more fun when the Jackets are contenders. I'd love to see them step up and give Argyle a whale of a game in the Region II finals.
    Texas Forever.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Expecting big things from Stephenville, I see. I like it! It's more fun when the Jackets are contenders. I'd love to see them step up and give Argyle a whale of a game in the Region II finals.
    We gave them a good first quarter last year.

Hopefully we go back to region 1 in February. Those west texas road trips come playoff time are way better than going east...

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    We gave them a good first quarter last year.

Hopefully we go back to region 1 in February. Those west texas road trips come playoff time are way better than going east...
    Region II is usually a bear

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Region II is usually a bear
    I'll check out some of the games in Region II this year, see how much of a bear they are this season.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    I'll check out some of the games in Region II this year, see how much of a bear they are this season.
    Definitely avoid district 6 and 8.....lol

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Definitely avoid district 6 and 8.....lol
    No doubt. I feel for those schools, but there are no contenders coming out of those districts, save for maybe Kennedale. I think the Wildcats will be pretty salty, but it's going to be a bit tough to gauge just how good they are, with a low level of competition. I don't think Decatur will give them much trouble in the season opener, which means Kennedale's only legit matchup during the regular season is against Midlothian Heritage on Sep. 3. The Jags should push everybody in District 5, and may be the odds favorite to win that district. But that Sep. 3 game will be the only real barometer for seeing how good Kennedale might be.

But district's 6 and 8 aside, District's 5 and 7 are nasty. Half of your Div. I Top 10 comes from those two districts, and a few others are probably inside the top 20.
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post

But district's 6 and 8 aside, District's 5 and 7 are nasty. Half of your Div. I Top 10 comes from those two districts, and a few others are probably inside the top 20.
    lol why you think we want back in region 1 - don't understand the need to have almost an entire region make the playoffs when there are other schools you can add

All-American

lol why you think we want back in region 1 - don't understand the need to have almost an entire region make the playoffs when there are other schools you can add

Seems like you guys could have slid into District 4. Would have been some decently long trips, but nothing too crazy. I could see the UIL's reasoning behind you guys in Region I or II, honestly. Maybe you guys will go back that direction this next realignment.

Are Stephenville's numbers trending up or down these days?
    Texas Forever.

depends who you talk to - i think we have a better shot at being 4a d2 than 5a in the future - we'll see where we stack up in february though

All-American

depends who you talk to - i think we have a better shot at being 4a d2 than 5a in the future - we'll see where we stack up in february though
    Once 7A comes a lot of big 4A's will jump back to 5A