Quote Originally Posted by buckeyebob View Post
Am I seeing this right...Celina has moved to Div 1...gonna miss seeing them as well as Argyle.
Celina was indeed bumped up to Division I, along with Melissa. This is going to be a nasty district in a nasty/loaded Region II.

So Clearman is going to be the QB then, huh? I had heard from several people that the move-in from SLC (Martindale) would be the signal caller, and they'd be using Clearman in other places. But, I reckon those people were speaking out of turn.

From the sound of your post, regal, it certainly seems like Argyle is loaded for bear again this year. But no Copeland is a big loss. Clearman is good, no question, but he is not Copeland. Not having Don Williams in the backfield will be felt, too. I suspect Lang will have a great year, but not having the 1-2 punch with him and Williams will make things different. And then if Dixon and Carter are definitely out, then the Eagles will be strapped for some youngsters to step up and fill in some big shoes.

At any rate, I expect Argyle to be really good again and in the conversation for a district title, region title and state title. But they play a pretty nasty schedule, and the district slate will be more difficult than it has been in the past few years.