Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Letterman

As bad as I hate to say it.....but if the Horns want a winning team...then Art Briles is the man....

Quote Originally Posted by mwrams View Post
    As bad as I hate to say it.....but if the Horns want a winning team...then Art Briles is the man....
    No way in hades Texas takes him...and his reputation has taken a massive hit with TX HS coaches. Think Moms and Dads will want to hear his pitch in the living room?
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

This is crazy! Strong needs at least another year. Firing him now only starts the loosing process over....
    The Trashman

All-American

There's a polka song that they play on the radio stations down here called "Hooray For Charlie" (He's A Real Fine Guy). Catchy song that is about a guy who loves polka music and drinking beer so we could sing Good Bye To Charlie-He's a real Bad Coach-LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Trashman View Post
    This is crazy! Strong needs at least another year. Firing him now only starts the loosing process over....

Feel sorry for the guy, aside from the 10 mill TU will owe him. The next coach will step into a GOLD MINE of recruits, he has them set up...

All-American

If you're a really good recruit, you can start as a freshman and be a difference maker. This goes double for sophomores.

If he really has a gold mine in those two classes, there is even less excuse for the record to date.

He is going to wind up with the worst losing percentage in the football program's history.
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...texas-history/

The dude just lost to Kansas in his third full year..... are we seriously saying he's about to turn the corner?

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    If you're a really good recruit, you can start as a freshman and be a difference maker. This goes double for sophomores.

If he really has a gold mine in those two classes, there is even less excuse for the record to date.

He is going to wind up with the worst losing percentage in the football program's history.
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...texas-history/
    Newsflash. UT always recruits well.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    Newsflash. UT always recruits well.
    True. I used to think Mack Brown didn't get much out of his recruits and others did, too. That's why he was called Mr. February.

Charlie Strong makes Mack look like the greatest football coach in the history of the game by comparison.