Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Bosqueville View Post
    Lampasas?? Seriously?
    Lampasas will be good the next few years, the Incoming Junior and Sophmore classes were good in youth and Jr High and havent fell of or dispersed. Huge linemen and good skill players. Should be a good game when LH rolls into Lampasas, probably decide the DC that night.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by solocam View Post
    18 of 22 starters graduated
    Solo, that was a special bunch of Seniors, of course Im a big time homer for that group, especially because one of them was mine. But part of the Legacy they left was the tradition and experience passed on to the players coming back.

We have a small Senior class numbers wise this year, but in that bunch we have some dang good kids.

That being said, We will be a very Junior heavy Roster along with probably about a half a dozen Sophomores.

I know our LH boys will step up, they will be a different team, but a dang good team and a contender come playoff time.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-District

The Carthage Dawgs are right where they need to be.
    They are loaded on both sides of the ball.
    Return 8 on defense and 6 on offense.
    The New QB from what I am hearing can throw dimes at 20 yards or 50. 6’ 3” 215 pounds and can run.
    The Dawgs play 5a number 4 ranked Marshall and Pleasant Grove 4A DII ranked number 1 in preseason.
    The Dawgs will be huge on the O line and D line.
    Two of the best receivers in the state and two outstanding running backs.
    Defense returns 8 with lngram leading a hard hitting linebacker core.
    There have been college recruiters in Carthage looking at 7 players including the QB.
    Can’t wait to see the 2019 Dawgs take the field.
    Let’s Go Dawgs !!!!!!!
    God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyandchrist View Post
    The Carthage Dawgs are right where they need to be.
    They are loaded on both sides of the ball.
    Return 8 on defense and 6 on offense.
    The New QB from what I am hearing can throw dimes at 20 yards or 50. 6’ 3” 215 pounds and can run.
    The Dawgs play 5a number 4 ranked Marshall and Pleasant Grove 4A DII ranked number 1 in preseason.
    The Dawgs will be huge on the O line and D line.
    Two of the best receivers in the state and two outstanding running backs.
    Defense returns 8 with lngram leading a hard hitting linebacker core.
    There have been college recruiters in Carthage looking at 7 players including the QB.
    Can’t wait to see the 2019 Dawgs take the field.
    Let’s Go Dawgs !!!!!!!
    God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

We could be headed towards a LV/Carthage showdown in Dallas. There would be a crazy amount of talent on the field for that one.
    Texas Forever.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    We could be headed towards a LV/Carthage showdown in Dallas. There would be a crazy amount of talent on the field for that one.
    remnants of last years discussion
    You Talking to Me?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Greg Tepper and crew at DCTF released their preseason 4A top 10 just now over at www.texasfootball.com/live. The magazine, obviously, will have expanded top 25 rankings for each division. A few surprises in each division. Always excited to see the preseason polls start to roll in. Means the season is coming!

7. Gilmer
    I guess that's on history. Sure isn't on anything we did last year. We can only hope
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    I guess that's on history. Sure isn't on anything we did last year. We can only hope
    I think history, pedigree, whatever you wanna call it, is a big part of it. But you guys also bring back the house, don’t you? Still some talent there, and a good-throwing QB coming in, right?

I think that’s an ok spot for Gilmer. And like Matt has referenced many times, once you get past the top 4 of DII, the depth just falls off. Meanwhile, DI is freaking loaded.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    A bad year and ya'll still went three deep and beat a 10-0 team in the first round

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    A bad year and ya'll still went three deep and beat a 10-0 team in the first round
    I agree Matthew, I learned long time ago, NEVER overlook Gilmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Starter

La Vernia lost a bunch but reloads with an undefeated JV.

Quote Originally Posted by LV_Bearfan View Post
    La Vernia lost a bunch but reloads with an undefeated JV.
    JV team looked pretty solid for La Vernia. Look forward to opening game to start the season with hopefully a much improve Sinton team for 2019

Starter

That should be a nice matchup.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by KingRob View Post
    Defending Champion should always start at #1. My opinion.
    Not without Whittington. He was once in a lifetime special.

All-American

Man, I don’t know how many of you have gotten your DCTF magazine yet or not, or who’s seen the Top 25, but holy freaking crap, I’ll say this ... 4A DI is DEEP and GOOD!

Going to be some nasty, nasty matchups all throughout the season. And Region II & III are gonna be even more entertaining come playoff time than they were last year.

Starter

I have not gotten my copy of DCTF and honestly my knowledge of the teams are very limited to those we always see and expect to be in the hunt which is Carthage , Argyle, West Orange Stark, Cuero ect. Last season was very exciting to see Liberty Hill march to the Finals , and I was very proud of my Bobcats improve during the playoffs with a victory over Wilmer Hutchins and Stephenville then to play Argyle very close after getting blown out at home in district play. I hope they have a great season , and that this is another fun year with upsets and surprises which is always exciting.