23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wimberley

18 78.26%
  • Sinton

5 21.74%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    There has been a good positive at wr, don't recall him playing during the season on offense til Ingleside game and has caught just about everything thrown to him past two games good to see someone step up and take over.
    Yes, Chris has really stepped up these last few games. Glad Colt has started to spread the ball around some more. Everyone knows who our big targets are, but when that receiver is double/tripled covered - that means someone has been left wide open and he has to be able to find them! I liked using Bess at RB last week too...hopefully they'll get him more involved earlier this game. We have to be able to run the ball some.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate4state View Post
    Yes, Chris has really stepped up these last few games. Glad Colt has started to spread the ball around some more. Everyone knows who our big targets are, but when that receiver is double/tripled covered - that means someone has been left wide open and he has to be able to find them! I liked using Bess at RB last week too...hopefully they'll get him more involved earlier this game. We have to be able to run the ball some.
    Yes Bess looks like he can fill that role in playoffs and next season was hoping Robert Hughes would get more carries he has comparable speed to Canales.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by pirate4state View Post
    Our D-coord likes to all-out blitz every single down, so you shouldn't have to worry about double/triple coverage.

All-District
    Blog Entries

I ran some numbers and my suspicion was correct, the 2017 Texan offense is the most prolific (score) we've had ever, well at least since 2005. Averaging 45.1 points per game, last year this team scored an avg. of 29.4....quiet a difference. The only team that comes close to that was 2010 with an avg. of 40. Also, the 2017 defense is in the top 5 in fewest avg. scores allowed.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Texasdownlow posters Buena suerte a todos este fin de semana
    https://youtu.be/t1b2EXxit0c

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    Our D-coord likes to all-out blitz every single down, so you shouldn't have to worry about double/triple coverage.
    Hoping Sinton this time around get the ball to these two more and give them the opportunity to make a big play.

We have a couple more targets to choose from this time around.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Heading out to the game ...........

52-24 final. Nice win Texans. Way to battle Sinton. Great to see the two teams playing smash mouth and then picking each other up after the play. Curious to hear perspectives from both sides. Looks like we are playing in Brenham next Friday against Sweeny of course.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-District

I took my daughter, who hasn't seen Wimberley play this year. Her comment on Weeks: "His receivers don't even have to raise their arms to catch the ball."

Really, really small crowd from Sinton. We almost never out-travel other teams. We had more fans there than Sinton. Unbelievable.

#88 from Sinton is a beast. Is he playing anywhere next year?

Either Sinton's O-line is still pretty bad, or our D-line had its best game of the season. Poor Gorman never had any time to throw.