Thread: Top 10 4a Dl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I agree and I'm sure the Argyle coaching staff agrees. We are all surprised by this ranking.....Argyle did nothing to deserve it. There are just too many stacked teams coming in this season in D-1 with heavy senior classes......IMHO I would put Argyle around 6 or 7. Heck, we don't even know if our #2 QB last season will be our QB this season, or if Dixon will be back as well. Last season's lines were rather small compared to our competition.
    Argyle will get a chance to prove they are worthy of the number 1 ranking that's for sure. They will get to play 3 top 10 teams in 4a Dl and some other teams in the top 25. They will either be really dang good or could be really banged up by the time the playoffs start.
    1stand10

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by orange machine View Post
    Argyle will get a chance to prove they are worthy of the number 1 ranking that's for sure. They will get to play 3 top 10 teams in 4a Dl and some other teams in the top 25. They will either be really dang good or could be really banged up by the time the playoffs start.

I think the No. 1 ranking is going to be a carousel for the first half of the season, to be honest. There are going to be some big-time marquee matchups early on, and I think teams are going to get cycled in and out of that ranking. If Argyle truly holds onto that spot, then heaven help the rest of the division.

Apart from that, though, I think you'll see Melissa move up quickly. I saw where one of their receivers committed or was offered by TCU, can't remember. I think you'll see Stephenville move down, simply because they play a nasty pre-district schedule. And I think you'll see Liberty Hill and La Vega bounce up a few spots quickly.

But, just looking at it from here, at the end of June, it looks like these rankings will be blown to hell the first part of the season. And that's going to be awesome!
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    I think the No. 1 ranking is going to be a carousel for the first half of the season, to be honest. There are going to be some big-time marquee matchups early on, and I think teams are going to get cycled in and out of that ranking. If Argyle truly holds onto that spot, then heaven help the rest of the division.

Apart from that, though, I think you'll see Melissa move up quickly. I saw where one of their receivers committed or was offered by TCU, can't remember. I think you'll see Stephenville move down, simply because they play a nasty pre-district schedule. And I think you'll see Liberty Hill and La Vega bounce up a few spots quickly.

But, just looking at it from here, at the end of June, it looks like these rankings will be blown to hell the first part of the season. And that's going to be awesome!
    Melissa WR Kennedy Lewis has committed to TCU. Melissa has 5 Dl players currently 4 of which are under classmen.
    1stand10