Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    UT does have talent but they still have a ? At QB, imo. That was the biggest issue w strong imo. You have to score points in the big 12.

Beuchele is small. And hermans system relies on a running QB. That has to be a concern for Herman.
    Kyle Allen to Texas??

Report: Houston QB Kyle Allen could follow Tom Herman to Texas
    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...rman-to-texas/

It's official....

“I’m thrilled to have Tom Herman joining us as our head football coach,” athletic director Mike Perrin said. “I am impressed with his insights on college sports, football and academic success, and his philosophy of developing the student-athlete into the complete person. He clearly has a passion and respect for the game of football, and also, a passion for teaching young men the game and the life lessons that come with that.”

“In Tom Herman, Longhorn football is getting a proven competitor, terrific recruiter, and committed mentor of student-athletes who has shown his ability to succeed at all levels,” UT president Gregory L. Fenves said. “Tom was the hottest young head coach in the country the past two seasons, and I am thrilled we are able to get him back to UT to lead Texas football.”

Eyes of Texas on Tom Herman as ‘Horns hire Cougars coach
    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...cougars-coach/

Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck93 View Post
    Kyle Allen to Texas??

Report: Houston QB Kyle Allen could follow Tom Herman to Texas
    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...rman-to-texas/
    Would be a nice option for them. Beuchele needs to RS and put on 15lbs. Kid got really beat up this year.

Allen has a legit NFL arm. Just not sure if he's got it upstairs.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

All-American
    Blog Entries

I'm going on record right now predicting a very successful season next year in Herman's first year, and back to prominence nationally thereafter. I just have a very good feeling about this hire......he's got that "win, but win clean" factor that Texas sorely needs. I think the Horns found their man to lead the football program for years to come.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I'm going on record right now predicting a very successful season next year in Herman's first year, and back to prominence nationally thereafter. I just have a very good feeling about this hire......he's got that "win, but win clean" factor that Texas sorely needs. I think the Horns found their man to lead the football program for years to come.
    I personally am not sold on Herman, he will surely be a better hire than strong was! In the pressure cooker at UT, things happen! Herman is a good coach, but the pressure cooker is already whistling. He has the talent, and young talent at that, should make an easier transition. I can see an 8 win season, and a great recruiting class coming in! Good luck to Herman, with a little luck and hard work, the job will last as long as he coaches.
    ...the strong do what they want, and the weak endure what they must.....

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    UT does have talent but they still have a ? At QB, imo. That was the biggest issue w strong imo. You have to score points in the big 12.

Beuchele is small. And hermans system relies on a running QB. That has to be a concern for Herman.
    Greg Ward Jr is 5'10 174 as a SR

Buchele is 6'1 195 as a Fresh

size is not even close to the issue..can he handle the athleticism part of the new season will be
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

Are there any really good dual-threat QBs in the Houston area at the high school level this year? He's good at recruiting that area. I'm curious if there are any really high quality dual threat QBs coming out of any Texas high school this coming season. A Vince Young type would be very good.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    Are there any really good dual-threat QBs in the Houston area at the high school level this year? He's good at recruiting that area. I'm curious if there are any really high quality dual threat QBs coming out of any Texas high school this coming season. A Vince Young type would be very good.
    if he were smart, his first call would be to jarrett stidham...

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    if he were smart, his first call would be to jarrett stidham...
    That rumor is already out there
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Txbroadcaster View Post
    That rumor is already out there
    yeah, we'll see....

All-American

size is not even close to the issue..can he handle the athleticism part of the new season will be
    Buchele is not even close to 6'1, in boots he may be 6' and that's a fact jack.

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    Buchele is not even close to 6'1, in boots he may be 6' and that's a fact jack.
    I am a shade under 6'1 and when I stood by him his sr year he was just a bit taller than me.

Also he was measured at Elite 11 camp...they do not fudge numbers like schools do good and bad.

All-American

I am a shade under 6'1 and when I stood by him his sr year he was just a bit taller than me.

Also he was measured at Elite 11 camp...they do not fudge numbers like schools do good and bad.
    I am 6'1 and I stood next to him on the field last Friday along with my son, definitely nowhere near as tall as me. Maybe I have shrunk, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    I am 6'1 and I stood next to him on the field last Friday along with my son, definitely nowhere near as tall as me. Maybe I have shrunk, LOL.
    LOL old fart

Yeah, shocker, I agree w hook. Beuchele is small.

And I think my point still holds because ward was dinged up all season. That offense requires a threat by the QB. Ward was much more shifty than beuchele and got banged up.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire