• Liberty Hill

19 46.34%
  • Carthage

22 53.66%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    I'm just wondering how this year's LH team compares to that 2007 team. That team was really special. The Panthers will have to be close to that team on both sides of the ball to have a shot at the defending champs.
    This team has that gel to it that we had then. As good? I'm a little biased, since the beast was part of those years. I will say that they probably are the best overall since those years. And we have two back-to-back players coaching now with several longtime coaches still here, so they know a thing or two about a thing or two. Walker & crew will have these boys ready.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

for what it's worth - pigskin has liberty hill as a 6 point favorite

Blog Entries

This matchup reminds me of the 2014 semi's LH vs navasota. A big speedy team with lots of weapons in a relatively balanced offense vs the run heavy panthers. Recall, that as of half time in that game, LH was winning, but the lead was dwindling. I don't think we adjusted defensively as needed to pressure Navasota's QB and he had all day to wait for their speedy receivers to outrun our secondary. Offensively, we got predictable and in the second half, navasota's D shut down the LH run game.

IMO, keys to this game against Carthage.
    Defense, constant pressure on the QB, don't let him get comfortable. Sure handed tackling, by multiple players. Hit them harder then they have been hit all year (and yes I think we have some guys that can do that). Give them multiple defensive looks and delayed blitzes from different angle. Again don't be predictable.

Offense - no fumbles!.. Don't be predictable, and while many think the Slot T is , it is far from that if called correctly. Keep them honest with some passing, but stick to what you do best, run the ball. Offensive line has got to get the 3 - 4 yard push. Consistently. Chew up the clock and keep their offense off the field.

If LH does what it can do which is execute at a high level, they can beat Carthage. They don't and it will be a long day against a high powered team such as this. I'm gong with LH by a field goal with the expectation that Walker has hammered this into them this week.
    You Talking to Me?

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by LH Panther Mom View Post
    This team has that gel to it that we had then. As good? I'm a little biased, since the beast was part of those years. I will say that they probably are the best overall since those years. And we have two back-to-back players coaching now with several longtime coaches still here, so they know a thing or two about a thing or two. Walker & crew will have these boys ready.
    Neat info about the classes of kids on this team, they were youngsters (Seniors were K and 1st in 06 and 07) when the 2006 and 2007 teams won it all. But many of them were trained from video of those teams when they were in youth. We implemented the LH system top to bottom with this bunch. In youth football I would assign my lineman and running backs to specifically to watch the Beast (Terry) and Bode videos. We really pushed them to model that relentless team play and intensity, and yes meanness between the snap and the whistle that the 2006 and 2007 Champs did so well. Statistically they have passed the 2006 and 2007 teams but it remains to be seen if they can have the same finish, I firmly believe they will.

My Senior was at both Championship games as a little boy, Im hoping to see him play in his own in just over a week, between now and then, Carthage.

LH Panther Mom, I dont blame you for being bias, 2006 and 2007 have done what noone else has done in 104 years of Football at LHHS. I hope the 2018 Team joins them in that feat, they may not have realized it then but the Champs had an impact on the development of this group, its also fitting that some of them are their coaches now.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Starter

If I remember correctly there was a running back on the 2007 team I think he was number 44 who was a monster when he ran the ball. Gosh I cannot remember his name but seems like his last name started with an A or something but he was bigger than most LB and would just run over people.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Celina8 View Post
    If I remember correctly there was a running back on the 2007 team I think he was number 44 who was a monster when he ran the ball. Gosh I cannot remember his name but seems like his last name started with an A or something but he was bigger than most LB and would just run over people.
    Doug Allman, he actually came to these boys youth practices over the years, showed them his rings. This bunch has been grinding for years to get to Arlington, Im praying they go the distance.
    Last edited by LHPfactory; 12-11-2018 at 05:07 PM.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

LHPM, I ran into some of the coaches yesterday at Parker's and I can't believe they've been practicing some 5 wide passing formations this week? Has your son said anything about why they'd abandon the Slot T this week????

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy D 11 View Post
    LHPM, I ran into some of the coaches yesterday at Parker's and I can't believe they've been practicing some 5 wide passing formations this week? Has your son said anything about why they'd abandon the Slot T this week????
    Isn't it obvious? Keep your opponent on their toes! Besides, I think some of the boys are a little tired of running so much. (You know, if you pass, there's no running involved. )
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Blog Entries

Over on the Smoaky website, most of the carthage faithful are already assuming a win and a date at Jerry World.
    You Talking to Me?