Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Yoe_09 View Post
    They didn't win games in the Gatesville SQT, but to me it certainly appears they have some potential at the skill positions. I have not seen Lampasas since some scrimmage film from a few years back, but this has to be a positive sign.

We will know a lot from their non-district schedule. If they are a legit top 10 team, they will need to dominate people like Lago Vista and Gatesville and at least be in the conversation to beat Lorena and La Vernia.
    I think at the Gatesville SQT they had just gotten a couple of their skill guys back from track and hadn't worked 7on7 yet (QB Whitehead included)....looked like a lot of close losses...they were definitely clicking on offense today....that Stephenville game was a flat out shootout.....Rogers mentioned the difficult non-district slate as something that they are hoping once again pays off....I would expect them to knock off both Gatesville and LaVernia this year (I think they lost twice to LaVernia last year in OT in both games) Lorena will IMO be the real measuring stick

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    I think at the Gatesville SQT they had just gotten a couple of their skill guys back from track and hadn't worked 7on7 yet (QB Whitehead included)....looked like a lot of close losses...they were definitely clicking on offense today....that Stephenville game was a flat out shootout.....Rogers mentioned the difficult non-district slate as something that they are hoping once again pays off....I would expect them to knock off both Gatesville and LaVernia this year (I think they lost twice to LaVernia last year in OT in both games) Lorena will IMO be the real measuring stick
    Yeah, I think the same could have maybe been said about La Vega.

3A DI top 10 coming out Monday? Hopefully it looks something like this:

1. Grandview
    2. Malakoff
    3. Cameron Yoe
    4. Gladewater
    5. East Chambers
    6. Franklin
    7. Atlanta
    8. Brock
    9. Goliad
    10. Yoakum

Others: Edna, Wall, Diboll, Troy, Jim Ned

Starter

La Vernia lost a bunch but reloads with an undefeated JV.

Quote Originally Posted by LV_Bearfan View Post
    La Vernia lost a bunch but reloads with an undefeated JV.
    JV team looked pretty solid for La Vernia. Look forward to opening game to start the season with hopefully a much improve Sinton team for 2019

Starter

That should be a nice matchup.