View Poll Results: Tigers or Mustangs?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Silsbee

4 28.57%
  • WOS

10 71.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Region 3 WK 7 GOTW: Silsbee (3-3) @ West Orange - Stark (2-4)

Who gets the critical first district win?
    Once a Bulldog, Always a Bulldog

Sweeny All Time Record 514-305-28

GATA - A Sweeny Tradition Since 1980

1944, 45, 46, 47, 48, 60, 61, 66, 67, 82, 83, 84, 86, 88, 89, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 01, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

All-American

Although Jasper never trailed they actually had to work to get their sixth win of the year last week agains WOS. WOS is always tough. Silsbee is reportedly pretty good, but I guarantee WOS will be MAD this week and will likely take it out on Silsbee. WOS gave up 352 yards on 20 carries to one Jasper RB . Did I say that WOS will be mad?

Both teams are probably better than their 3-3 records would indicate. Good luck to both teams.
    Maybe if you didn't try to be so clever, you wouldn't end up looking so stupid.

Starter

Toss up to me.Teams seem to be evenly matched.Wos has problems in the red zone with penalties and mistakes.I think they missed three scoring opportunity against Jasper because of that.

Thanks for the words of encouragement j_dog but we are not better than our records indicate.lol

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by GUNHO View Post
    Toss up to me.Teams seem to be evenly matched.Wos has problems in the red zone with penalties and mistakes.I think they missed three scoring opportunity against Jasper because of that.

Thanks for the words of encouragement j_dog but we are not better than our records indicate.lol
    A few more weeks will tell whether WOS is better than their record. Room for improvement? Certainly. But that is the good news. When they do improve, they will be dangerous. BTW, Jasper also has room to improve, and history thus far has shown that Barbay takes the Dogs to a whole other level in the playoffs. I am just grateful that WOS gave them a challenge. Getting (momentarily) to a 3 point margin clearly put a scare into the Dogs. And of course they responded.

Good luck this week!

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by j_dog View Post
    A few more weeks will tell whether WOS is better than their record. Room for improvement? Certainly. But that is the good news. When they do improve, they will be dangerous. BTW, Jasper also has room to improve, and history thus far has shown that Barbay takes the Dogs to a whole other level in the playoffs. I am just grateful that WOS gave them a challenge. Getting (momentarily) to a 3 point margin clearly put a scare into the Dogs. And of course they responded.

Good luck this week!
    Yeah every time I thought we had something going...BAM Hunt took it to the house.lol

Letterman

Although Jasper never trailed they actually had to work to get their sixth win of the year last week agains WOS. WOS is always tough. Silsbee is reportedly pretty good, but I guarantee WOS will be MAD this week and will likely take it out on Silsbee. WOS gave up 352 yards on 20 carries to one Jasper RB . Did I say that WOS will be mad?

Both teams are probably better than their 3-3 records would indicate. Good luck to both teams.
    WO-S is 2-4
    I have forgotten as much as I have remembered, so where does that leave me?

Letterman

I'll take the Tigers, 21-17
    I have forgotten as much as I have remembered, so where does that leave me?

WO-S has beaten Jasper 100% of the time when they've met a 2nd time in the same season and I predict that will hold. We've lost to Nederland, Crosby, Newton and Jasper who are 20-0 combined or something near that. They're all undefeated. Who's Silsbee again?
    424-100-3 (80.74% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

9 straight Region III Finals '11-'19
    56 consecutive district game wins '09-'20 (88-1 in district since 2003)
    37 consecutive non-losing seasons '84-'20

4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 State Finals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    14 Quarterfinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    31 Playoff Appearances

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by WOS87 View Post
    WO-S has beaten Jasper 100% of the time when they've met a 2nd time in the same season and I predict that will hold. We've lost to Nederland, Crosby, Newton and Jasper who are 20-0 combined or something near that. They're all undefeated. Who's Silsbee again?
    That's the team that beat WOS in district( once ) for the only team to have accomplish that feat.....Oh you probably already knew that.My bad.lol

All-American

Yeah every time I thought we had something going...BAM Hunt took it to the house.lol
    Yeah, I understand how you felt. And how Bridge City felt. Jasper's first three possessions, three running plays, Jasper 21-0. If Jasper coaches were a mind to leave him in the games, Hunt could probably have two or three thousand yards by now. As it is, he is somewhat over 1,000 yards in just six games. Amazing to me. Strength to break tackles, then he is gone. I admit, I was surprised that he could do that to WOS so many times. I can understand one time, but four? You have to believe that the WOS coaches were scheming to stop him and he could still do it.

All-American

That's the team that beat WOS in district( once ) for the only team to have accomplish that feat.....Oh you probably already knew that.My bad.lol
    Hey, are you talking about Silsbee or Jasper? Jasper, playing in Orange beat WOS 21-8 in 1986, WOS's very first District game in 4a after dropping to 4a. So if Silsbee did that also ..... And yeah, WOS paid Jasper back in the QF's.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by WOS87 View Post
    True, that is why I hope Jasper doesn't have to play WOS again this year. Other than Jasper's RB Hunt there was not that much difference in the teams that I could see. WOS will always be dangerous!

Starter

Hey, are you talking about Silsbee or Jasper? Jasper, playing in Orange beat WOS 21-8 in 1986, WOS's very first District game in 4a after dropping to 4a. So if Silsbee did that also ..... And yeah, WOS paid Jasper back in the QF's.
    Talking about when we moved down to 3A in 2005 I think.It was one of those mud bowl games and Silsbee just handled it better than we did.Only loss we have had in district sense moving down.

Starter

It was 2004 when we moved down and that 21-8 Jasper win in '86 put a fire under us.Won our first State Championship that year ya'll beat us.........just saying lol.

All-American

It was 2004 when we moved down and that 21-8 Jasper win in '86 put a fire under us.Won our first State Championship that year ya'll beat us.........just saying lol.
    You said "Moved down" and "District". In 1986 that was also a move down year for WOS also. First year out of the top classification. Thank you for clarifying.