Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
Hang in there Gilmer. Sooner or later they will change the coach. Just gotta make the right hire next time. I would beg Kurt back. He has kinda got Tyler Lee rolling a little bit, with the deck kind of stacked against him. Still have big time respect for Gilmer. There was a time Carthage program strived to be like Gilmer. Wasn’t a better team in the state. Dudes would beat anybody.
Honestly, the loss of Kurt probably hurt us as much as the loss of Jeff. It at least caused our dropoff to be much more rapid. I still say we can make some noise in the playoffs, but we have a LOT of work to do to get there. Going against teams like Paris, Carthage, and Newton in successive weeks is a gauntlet that is not for the faint of heart. I will be happy if we win at least one of those games. Right now, it's not looking that way. We have to be able to play UP to the competition. I may be making too much out of last week's loss, who knows? Paris is a very good football team, and certainly was the better team Friday night (obviously), but what bothers me is we didn't play well at all. We got behind the eight ball very early.