Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
I agree with everything you just said. Hell, even the pros don't go year around. why would it be good for an 11 year old?
I run our Youth League that LH plays in and we do not do spring Football or play the long drawn out seasons.

We give kids about 7 regular season games, 1 bowl/semi final (top 4 seeds) Then a Championship for those who advance. We only allow kids to play a maximum of 9 games and only run 7 minute quarters. Just enough to give the kids a great experience and leave them hungry for more when it ends. We send them to play Basketball, wrestle, baseball, track, 7on7, etc. Then back at it in August. This is how it should be.

To many of these youth leagues that are wrapped up into going to National championships in Florida. This is way to long of a tackle season for kids. We play our first season game August 27th, off Labor Day Weekend, and the last game October 15th, bowls and semis on Oct 22nd and the championships on October 29th. Done before November (barring rain outs).

I believe that we have it figured out for the young players, I dare say there isnt a youth league around that does it better than Hill Country Youth Football League (HCYFL) (www.hillcountryyfl.com)