Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • La Grange

30 44.78%
  • WOS

37 55.22%
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    All-American

Wow! Congratulations WOS! You guys have something special going on.
    Sorry about the loss Leopards. I am sure yall will be back even better next year.

Practice Squad

Congratulations to WOS Mustangs. They are everything that posters said they are. Good Luck against Sinton.
    Also congratulations to the LaGrange Leopards on a great season. Yes I am eating crow as a midnight snack.

All-American

Well everything they said about the Mustangs was true. They had the athletes and the speed and size to completely dominate the Leps. Hats off to a great football team and a really impressive tour de force. Wish WOS all the luck going forward. Hope you guys win state. Great game great season. Congratulations to the Leps for tying the best season record 13-1 two years in a row. Nothing to feel ashamed you just ran into a buzz saw. WOS was the better football team plain and simple. I gotta go and put my crow in the marinade overnight. Tastes better that way.

Letterman

LG will be back next year with half the team coming back including Dobbins

Letterman

WOS is a great team, however I see a lot of seniors on that team, rebuilding year for WOS next year

All-American

Thanks for the words guys! No crow needed and no chest beating on our part. We all love our teams and it feels oh so good winning games like this and it hurts to lose. We were on the losing end in this round for 3 straight yrs so we know all to well how it feels. I officially give all of you a "crow pass".

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardfan201 View Post
    WOS is a great team, however I see a lot of seniors on that team, rebuilding year for WOS next year
    Actually, we do have a bunch of seniors, but a bunch coming back too. Our nose guard(42) is a soph. Both LB's will be back (one a jr the other a soph), our CB (8) is a soph, big number 32 (jr) will be back as well on defense.

The QB is a soph, 21 the RB is too. We will lose the entire o-line and that will hurt. We have a very strong Soph class and will have a real strong freshman class.

All-American

Nm...

Letterman

I think LG returns 6/7 next year

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    Thump, thump, thump.

Damn La Grange was really overrated.
    True colors always show their ass, classless as normal. No way EC fans claim you, pitiful.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    Now that the hapless Leps are out of the way.....
    Another EC poster showing his class, man you two are down right pitiful.

Congrats to WOS for the win, and to LG for a great season.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by WOS1 View Post
    Actually, we do have a bunch of seniors, but a bunch coming back too. Our nose guard(42) is a soph. Both LB's will be back (one a jr the other a soph), our CB (8) is a soph, big number 32 (jr) will be back as well on defense.

The QB is a soph, 21 the RB is too. We will lose the entire o-line and that will hurt. We have a very strong Soph class and will have a real strong freshman class.
    I think the correct term is reload not rebuild for the Mustangs.

All-American

The overall team speed and just to many athletes on the field for WOS to overcome, would have loved to see Dobbins compete the whole game not saying it would have mattered in the outcome but he would have definitely made the defense work harder. Hats off to Hutchinson for stepping up and competing till the end, the Leps team as a whole never gave up and played hard till the end. Congrats to WOS and good luck the rest of the way. Got to give a Big shout out to Coach Kates, his coaches and all the Lep players for the last 3 years. Three straight District championships that has not ever been done in La Grange before, even more impressive is the way those championships were won. Most of these players were not very successful as for as wins in the their early years (7th & 8th Grade teams) however with solid coaching and the commitment from the players to be the best one of their major goals was accomplished. Thanks Coach Kates for 3 great years, on to next year. Congrats Leps.

All-American

LG will be back next year with half the team coming back including Dobbins

Actually the Leps will lose a lot with 33 seniors graduating. Counting Dobbins going both ways 5 starters on Offense 4 on defense return. We will definitely be rebuilding next year LepFan especially with only our center returning on the O line. Coach Kates and his crew will have the Leps going strong again but we may not have the same kind of start to the season we had this year. This group of seniors was especially talented and played well as a team. They will be remembered for many seasons along with the SC 2000, Finalist 2001, Semi-finalists 2009 and 2013 teams.