Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
I like LV vs Carthage. I think that will be the title game. It’s going to come down to LV and Argyle in R2. I think the winner of that will roll over any team in R1. It’s hard to beat a great team twice. I think LV’s early loss to Argyle will be what helps them win the rematch if it happens. I haven’t even looked at the brackets so I am not sure what round they would meet, but to me those 2 teams are clearly the best.

I do not believe there is a team on Carthage’s side of the bracket that will keep the Dawgs from Jerry World. I know LH fans won’t like this, but you are not beating Carthage running the ball in the Slot or Wing T. Carthage is too big, physical, and well coached. Even if LH has success in the 1st half Darren Preston will make his adjustments and shut it down 2nd half. You have to have a balanced attack and/or superior talent/athletes to beat Carthage.

Honestly this Carthage program is getting scary good. They used to lose games early while everybody got it figured out. That is not even happening anymore. It is now finely tuned on the lower levels. Our 8th and 9th grade rarely losses games over the last 3-4 years. Just seems like the program has taken that next step as crazy as that sounds. And the participation is ridiculous. Carthage truly has 6a numbers. 55-60 kids on the varsity with less than 800 students in the HS is unheard of.

This was supposed to be a slightly down year, but they keep winning. We thought this senior class was one of our weaker classes, but the kids have worked their asses off and are playing at a very high level. For those that see Carthage this year, they will look a lot different than you are used to seeing. The next 2 years Carthage will be back with the elite skill kids. This year we really only have 1, Kelvontay Dixon. The rest of the guys are just hard working smart kids. And they are playing lights out. Great to see.

Sounds like a real Goliath of a Program.