They call it Carnasty because it's the most difficult of all the Open courses. Yep.....it's 1:30 am CDT here and I'm up watching the opening groups of the opening round of this year's Open Championship. I noticed they don't call it the British Open anymore......most of the venues are in the cradle of golf.....Scotland. The oldest tournament in golf and the oldest sport being competitively played still today.......all kinds of history and tradition in this sport. Very difficult game, but a great game for any individual to test his skills against the course and the elements. What can I say.......I'm addicted for a lifetime to this game, folks. I'm not gonna go into the details this week like I did a couple of weeks ago with the US OPEN........there's just too much to cover in this oldest Championship of the oldest sport still being played today. Let's just watch the action and make some posts when we want during this week's 4-day coverage. The play by play just about caused me to get cabin fever a couple of weeks ago, LOL.......I'm not really an indoors kind of guy for that kind of extended time. I'd never be able to live in a cold climate......I'd go stir crazy the first month. No telling who will win this week......the conditions are weird for Scotland this time of year.

BTW.......the family heritage on my father's side is almost full Scottish with a Family Crest and Shield and a village in Scotland that carries our family name. My ancestors were farmers and golfers......I wonder if they played with cows on the course, LOL.