Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
Is it legal for players on the defense to call out the signals as if they are quarterbacking the offense? That's what Melissa was doing, I was told. That's why there were six false start penalties on Gilmer.

I don't think it affected the outcome of the game, but it seems like dirty pool to me.

As for the game, if Melissa is on, I think they can out-athlete Pleasant Grove. It also depends on which team adjusts to 39-degree weather as well. Last year in Waco, it was clear to me that Gilmer couldn't handle playing in cold weather. That's why I'm almost relieved we lost last week, the more I think about it.

It's also why I'm not going to the New Diana-Gunter game in Royse City. Too damn COLD!!!
Honestly, I think Melissa will DEFINITELY have to be "on" to beat PG. By the same token, I think PG will need to get off to a strong start, and not put the ball on the ground. A slow start by PG, a good start by Melissa, and we're looking at a shootout.

I don't think the game will be a shootout. I look for a 30 something to 20 something type game, with PG getting the win.