Grandson lost his best buddy today. He had a brown lab. His name was Kale. Lucas' little heart is broken. He and Kale roamed the woods behind my daughters house together, watched TV and talked his problems over with Kale. Anyway Kale came down with cancer a few weeks ago and they were going to put him down last week but he was still eating and wagging his tail until last night and they decided to wait. Last night he started looking for a place to refuge and had developed a huge new tumor
When Bonnie got in from work today hew met her tail wagging but was bleeding and could barely walk...had vomited a lot. She picked him up and put all 115 lbs of him in the truck and as soon as Lucas got home (just minutes) she
let him climb in to say bye. Took him to his vet and let him go on his last journey.He was 11 1/2 years old and very well trained and very loved by all of us.

Bonnie says she don't think it has really registered with Lucas but in the next few days I'm sure he will come to realize that Kale will not be coming home again.

Please say a little prayer for Lucas,,
that he will understand as much as a 6 year old can and that they will find him a new puppy to share his heart with soon.

Lucas' Mother is my daughter that had the rare blood disease and had a bone marrow transplant in 2008. He spent many months with me while his Mom was in Houston so he's a bit scared about losing people (and dogs) he loves. I know he will be fine but my heart hurts for him.

So send positive thoughts for him and a little prayer please? lulu