I would like to know some opinions on the towns that support their teams the best. I'll go ahead and nominate Burnet. The fans here are really supportive through the good and bad years for the most part. Burnet routinely averages around 6,000 fans at home games during the regular season, and almost all travel to the out of town games. We had over 8,000 fans at this year's game vs. Sinton, and over 10,000 against Jasper and Everman. I know that not all those are fulltime supporters of Burnet, but the vast majority are loyal fans. Burnet fans are very supportive of the opposing teams cheerleaders and bands, along with our own. I would have to say the best opposing team's fans that we saw this year was the Sinton fans, they had a very nice turnout, and were very supportive also.

I'll also nominate a representative for poorest group of fans, and it goes to Austin Reagan. Burnet opened the season at Reagan. Reagan was coming off of a 4A semi-finalist year, and were ranked #4 in the pre-season 4A poll. They had about 400 fans show up, and that is being very generous. It was very disturbing to me, to see that kind of support for them kids.

I know there are some towns with great support, so lets hear about them.

<small>[ December 28, 2002, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>