Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Junior Varsity

Default Gilmer Projected Road

Just was playing around with the idea of how hard it will be for different teams to win a ring, looks like Gilmers will be very tough. I am predicting Jasper to win one of there last two games, and for athens to not make it in.

Gilmer vs. Jasper
    Gilmer vs. Palestine
    Gilmer vs. Navasota
    Gilmer vs. Cuero
    Gilmer vs. Abiline Wylie

As good as the buckeyes are that road looks brutal, and could get worse if Jasper cant win one of their last two.

All-American

Default Re: Gilmer Projected Road

When did Cuero qualify for Division I? Did Gonzales already miss the playoffs?

I was thinking Sealy for that round.

Eastex I agree it looks to be tough,but to be the best you have to beat the best.That said,Go Buckeyes,you are the best!!!!!!!
    Old Dragon,New Buckeye!!!

fumanchu

Gonzales is eliminated- 0-fer.

Practice Squad

Originally posted by old dragon
    Eastex I agree it looks to be tough,but to be the best you have to beat the best.That said,Go Buckeyes,you are the best!!!!!!!

looks like we will be going south quite a bit. sfa and lufkin seems to be the best for us, unless we can get them up to tyler.

Default Re: Re: Gilmer Projected Road

Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
    When did Cuero qualify for Division I? Did Gonzales already miss the playoffs?

I was thinking Sealy for that round.
    Gonzales hasn't won a district game this year. Cuero is the 2nd largest enrollement in D28.

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Practice Squad

Originally posted by easttexas3a
    Just was playing around with the idea of how hard it will be for different teams to win a ring, looks like Gilmers will be very tough. I am predicting Jasper to win one of there last two games, and for athens to not make it in.

Gilmer vs. Jasper
    Gilmer vs. Palestine
    Gilmer vs. Navasota
    Gilmer vs. Cuero<---
    Gilmer vs. Abiline Wylie

As good as the buckeyes are that road looks brutal, and could get worse if Jasper cant win one of their last two.
    Maybe Sealy???

Junior Varsity

Gilmer vs. Jasper
    Gilmer vs. Palestine
    Gilmer vs. Navasota
    Gilmer vs. Cuero
    Gilmer vs. Abiline Wylie

I think it looks like an easy ride till the Champ game... Week 1 will be yalls toughest(whoever it is). Yall will be 30-40 point favs weeks 2 and 3. I dissagree week 4 - Tigers beat Gobblers - It's the way nature intended it...but either way yall win by 21. Wylie will be a good game but yall win by 17.

It's my opinion just because the level of play vs anywhere else in the state at the 3A level is just plain higher. If Gilmer loses in any round it would be an upset in my mind... And I mean no disrespect to anyone in those other districts... Just my opinion.
    SEC FOOTBALL RULES!!!

Gilmer vs. Jasper
    Gilmer vs. Palestine
    Gilmer vs. Navasota
    Gilmer vs. Cuero
    Gilmer vs. Abiline Wylie

Dont u mean...

Gilmer vs. Jasper
    Gilmer vs. Palestine
    Gilmer vs. Navasota
    Gilmer vs. Marshall (Basketball)

Dang! It's alright to dream, but that's way ahead of what I was thinking...... I'm just concentrating on who it will be in the first round!
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

I'll still go with the Tigers.

I don't see the Gobblers lasting beyond Thanksgiving.

I'm just joking, Cuero fans. I have no idea who should win between Sealy and Cuero. I have never seen a high school football game in that region of the state, so I have no frame of reference whatsoever. I assume you play by the same rules, but that would be where the similarities would end, I'd guess.

Gilmer vs. Jasper
    Gilmer vs. Palestine
    Gilmer vs. Navasota
    Gilmer vs. Cuero
    Gilmer vs. Abiline Wylie

Are you predicting Carthage is going DII? If not, a DI Gimer vs Carthage matchup would be the talk of East Texas if it happens.

All-American

Originally posted by Bullaholic
    Are you predicting Carthage is going DII? If not, a DI Gimer vs Carthage matchup would be the talk of East Texas if it happens.
    Virtually NO chance of this happening. Just ask anyone from Jasper if you don't believe me.

JasperDog94

Originally posted by Bullaholic
    For that to happen Jasper would have to lose its last two games...and that ain't gonna happen.

rangerjoe33

Originally posted by Mojado
    Wylie will be a good game but yall win by 17.
    I think it will be much closer than 17...a toss up for sure but Wylie has a tougher regular season schedule and more big game experience. I would expect Sandifer to have those boys ready to go in the big game as always.

Makes no difference to me who wins IF they meet but I would say it comes down to a last minute score for either team to win the trophy.