Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Dallas Cowboys Stadium - Class A-5A State Championship Game Location

My Prediction...

Astrodome.
    We don't freestyle 'Texas Fight', big boy.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

hope its not san antonio - the alamo dome sucks....

Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
    Astrodome.
    Doubtful...the Dome is in disrepair at this point.
    CALALLEN WILDCATS

TRADITION NEVER GRADUATES

Darrell K. Royal in Austin.

Every other state tournament is there. Why wouldn't football? It's close to as central as you can get, besides maybe Baylor. Either way I'm golden, I'll be able to see all the games

Blog Entries

Eagle Field in Fairfield is my prediction
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

As cool as that would be (still haven't been inside Cowboys stadium) I vastly prefer smaller stadiums for high school ball. Even large 5A schools won't come close to filling the place up....just imagine lower classifications trying to make noise in there. Some of the best games ever are where the stands are packed shoulder to shoulder and the overflow surrounds the endzones..

edit- yes, I know they are counting on fans for all teams watching all the games that day...but it ain't gonna happen.

Originally posted by Daddy D 11
    Every other state tournament is there. Why wouldn't football? It's close to as central as you can get, besides maybe Baylor. Either way I'm golden, I'll be able to see all the games
    Because the games are played in mid-december. To big of a risk that the weather will be bad, then you are forcing every team to either A. Play in bad weather. Or it's so bad, that B. the games have to be delayed.

I am sometimes mistaken, but I am never wrong.

People who buys Macs are stupid.

Originally posted by Emerson1
    Because the games are played in mid-december. To big of a risk that the weather will be bad, then you are forcing every team to either A. Play in bad weather. Or it's so bad, that B. the games have to be delayed.
    It's still mid-december no matter where you play. Just as good of a chance of bad weather in one location as another. Yes, if they're all in one location you get more delays than if they are spread around the state but that's the gamble you take.

Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
    Astrodome.
    Why not Reliant Stadium?
    Once a Bulldog, Always a Bulldog

Sweeny All Time Record 514-305-28

GATA - A Sweeny Tradition Since 1980

1944, 45, 46, 47, 48, 60, 61, 66, 67, 82, 83, 84, 86, 88, 89, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 01, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

No matter where they choose to play the games...certain teams will get screwed with long drives while others can practically walk there. Texas is too big for it to be any other way...which is why I don't like this idea much.

All-American

wow........new cowboy stadium.......so everyone can pay and arm and a leg to watch whats going to be on tv........so then attendence is down and we have maybe maybe 25,000 in stadium that seats almost 100,000...............DKR is over rated...but logical choice.......Relant would be good but not good for travel for west texas teams..........who said the alamodome is awful is way off......not a bad seat anywhere....what are you looking for when you say the alamodome sucks

my plan and maybe not the best........5A/4A DKR
    3A Round Rock 2A San Marcos or Georgetown 1A House Park.

ASID has upgrade their facilities so burger and nelson wouldn't bad either.

All-American

Originally posted by Daddy D 11
    It's still mid-december no matter where you play. Just as good of a chance of bad weather in one location as another. Yes, if they're all in one location you get more delays than if they are spread around the state but that's the gamble you take.
    Thats why you play the games in Reliant, Cowboys Stadium or Alamodome where its climate controlled.

Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
    Why not Reliant Stadium?
    Works great except for Panhandle and West Texas. The drive is a lot better than Austin or San Antonio. I wish they would use a list of sites that the teams could choose from. Could see something like Region 1 team going to Houston to play Navasota, or say Region 4 team going to Dallas to play Celina.
    Every game is a BIG game.