Blog Entries

Default We lost a great one

Cameron resident widely known just as "Scooby" a local little league umpire and high school softball umpire passed away. He was one of the best most charismatic most well liked umpires ever. He has been calling ball longer than I can remember. I had him ever since I started T-ball prolly 15 years ago. He has always been one of my favorite umpires and he was such a great man. He is one of the guys that got me into wanting to umpire and he will surely be missed. Ask any player that ever had him call one of there games and they will tell you he is one of the most approachable funniest guys you will ever meet.

Keep him and his family and friends in your prayers. He will surely be missed by everyone and he has touched many lives

R.I.P. Scooby
    “I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal”

All-American

Dang I've known him a long time too..how did he pass away?
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

Blog Entries

I believe he has had sickle cell for quiet some time and hes been battling that for a while
    “I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal”

yoe64

sickle cell anemia. He's had it for a few years now.
    His sister died from it a few years back also.

KngKongInDTrunk

One of the greats. I hope a lot of rookie umps got to work with scoob. I know he always umped the Rockdale Cameron girls very fairly. Thoughts and prayers for his family.

All-District

Hate to hear this, he will be missed
    Rockdale Tigers 1976 2a state football champs

Practice Squad

he was a great guy....it's a sad deal

cameron91

mane...I was so shocked when I heard this news about Scooby. He was a classmate of mine. I still can't belive this has happen. ..

here some info on his Funeral..

Elbert "Scooby" Tindle, Jr.
    Saturday, 11AM

(Cameron) Elbert "Scooby" Tindle, Jr., 37 of Cameron died Monday in a Cameron hospital. Services are Saturday at 11AM in First Baptist Church. Burial will follow in Oak Hill Cemetery. Mr. Tindle was born in Cameron and graduated from Yoe High School. He worked as an ASA umpire for 19 years and as a DJ for 15 years. Survivors include:

bleacherbum

Thoughts and Prayers

Originally posted by cameron91
    mane...I was so shocked when I heard this news about Scooby. He was a classmate of mine. I still can't belive this has happen. ..

here some info on his Funeral..

Elbert "Scooby" Tindle, Jr.
    Saturday, 11AM

(Cameron) Elbert "Scooby" Tindle, Jr., 37 of Cameron died Monday in a Cameron hospital. Services are Saturday at 11AM in First Baptist Church. Burial will follow in Oak Hill Cemetery. Mr. Tindle was born in Cameron and graduated from Yoe High School. He worked as an ASA umpire for 19 years and as a DJ for 15 years. Survivors include:
    Wow....so young!!

Prayers for all involved!!!

Yoefan11

Yeah man, I graduated with his newphew, and one of his daughters has been twirling with my little sister for years. Great guy, always had a smile. He will be missed...