Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big XII vs SEC

Default Big XII vs SEC

I keep hearing about how the SEC is head and shoulders above the Big XII so I did some research so we could see how historically they've stacked up against each other. Since 98 until last year the record stands at SEC 20 is 20-17-0. And when you look back the the Big XII's predeccesors the Big 8, the SEC is 43-43-6.

If you look at bowl wins, the SEC is 15-9.

*All these records go through the end of last season

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

F.A.N.T.O.M. Physician and Speech Writer

Junior Varsity

This is fixing to get ugly Doc...
    SEC FOOTBALL RULES!!!

All-American

Are you using 1998 as the start of the BCS era?
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

Junior Varsity

Been waiting for you to get here Tiger...
    SEC FOOTBALL RULES!!!

BTownVBall3

If anyone really thinks that florida and bama and whoever else in the sec would just wipe the floor with a texas or oklahoma caliber team I think you're sadly mistaken and we'll find out soon. Love when people from and have lived in texas their entire lives yet they are bias of the sec or big 10. You're not in junior high anymore, you're not cool because you support some random school, figure it out. And for those with ties to the out of state team they support, this does not apply to you.

All-American

I am one of the posters that post the SEC is a better conference....but my arguement is that week in week out the games in SEC are battle....equal to Texas/OU........those rivalries are old...the passion of the fans is intense and that carries over to the field of play........I believe with a one shot game anybody could play SEC teams tough and maybe even win......Utah last season.............my arguement is that there SEC is no weak conference and the games are a lot tougher and physical....I seen enough SEC games (live) to know the speed and game is different. I think Texas could compete well........but IMO they would average 2-3 losses a season. Cause they would have to go on real road games......no more 25-50 % stadiums full of horn fans on the road........Travel also wears on teams.

The Big XII is weak.......you have Texas and OU and then the rest.
    The SEC you battle every week if you survive you have to play in a real conference title game........ Texas is about to walk through the south division and play who Kansas or K-State to get to BCS title game.

All-American

Originally posted by NastySlot
    I am one of the posters that post the SEC is a better conference....but my arguement is that week in week out the games in SEC are battle....equal to Texas/OU........those rivalries are old...the passion of the fans is intense and that carries over to the field of play........I believe with a one shot game anybody could play SEC teams tough and maybe even win......Utah last season.............my arguement is that there SEC is no weak conference and the games are a lot tougher and physical....I seen enough SEC games (live) to know the speed and game is different. I think Texas could compete well........but IMO they would average 2-3 losses a season. Cause they would have to go on real road games......no more 25-50 % stadiums full of horn fans on the road........Travel also wears on teams.

The Big XII is weak.......you have Texas and OU and then the rest.
    The SEC you battle every week if you survive you have to play in a real conference title game........ Texas is about to walk through the south division and play who Kansas or K-State to get to BCS title game.
    I understand what you are saying but a team like Florida should not "battle" with a 3-5 Mississippi State team...thats my only argument.

Junior Varsity

Originally posted by BTownVBall3
    If anyone really thinks that florida and bama and whoever else in the sec would just wipe the floor with a texas or oklahoma caliber team I think you're sadly mistaken and we'll find out soon. Love when people from and have lived in texas their entire lives yet they are bias of the sec or big 10. You're not in junior high anymore, you're not cool because you support some random school, figure it out. And for those with ties to the out of state team they support, this does not apply to you.
    Relax man... I NEVER said that Florida or Bama would wipe the the floor with anyone.

My point is and has been that playing in the SEC week to week is tougher than any other conference and it takes its toll.

I realize I'm not in Jr. High. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yes I live in Texas... Grad of Gator Nation '90

If your quote was not intended for me then I apologize. I thought this was friendly banter...

SEC FOOTBALL RULES!!!

Junior Varsity

Originally posted by Old Tiger
    I understand what you are saying but a team like Florida should not "battle" with a 3-5 Mississippi State team...thats my only argument.
    Why not???

Because Miss St. is percieved as the Aggies of the SEC???

Every week in the SEC any team can win... Can't say that anywhere else...
    SEC FOOTBALL RULES!!!

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by Mojado

Nice low blow there.

BTownVBall3

Well clearly graduating from there would qualify as having tie to the program. .therefore wasn't talking about you. And ill have to disagree with game speed. I've been to many lsu games in baton rouge along with many games in austin. The elite teams have the speed regardless of the conference. If anything I'd say Texas has way more hybrid type players that posses more speed than the beefy sec lines on both sides of the ball.

All-American

Originally posted by Mojado
    Why not???

Every week in the SEC any team can win... Can't say that anywhere else...
    That same logic could be said for any conference and not just the SEC.

Why should they not struggle against a 3-5 team you ask? Because its a 3-5 team that ranks 65 in total defense and 63 in total defense while Florida ranks #1 in total defense and #8 in total offense.

No one should get a free pass on any close game where they played like crap.

Junior Varsity

Big 12 is a good conference and will usually play for a nat championship...

This thread will go nowhere...

Nice job Doc!!!

SEC FOOTBALL RULES!!!

All-District

the Big XII is better because (place random stats here) and anyone who disagrees with me is a stupidface.

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by Old Tiger
    That same logic could be said for any conference and not just the SEC.

Why should they not struggle against a 3-5 team you ask? Because its a 3-5 team that ranks 65 in total defense and 63 in total defense while Florida ranks #1 in total defense and #8 in total offense.

No one should get a free pass on any close game where they played like crap.
    I think playin "like crap" but still winning is over-emphasized.

You have to realize, when teams play OU, Texas, UF, Bama, USC, LSU, tOSU, etc those teams gave the "tod dogs" everything they've got.

Those teams get to see the best of what every other team has to offer.

I think a W is a W.

I say let the records play it out. This is why we need a playoff.