Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dallas Cowboys???

O.k., after the big victory over Atlanta, are the Cowboys a Super Bowl contender again? Does everybody love Wade and Tony now?

Seriously---Where are these Cowboys at right now? 4-2 in the Division, and virtually tied for the lead with the Giants who are now 5-2, thanks to the heroics of Arizona.
    Last edited by Bullaholic; 10-26-2009 at 09:05 AM.

Super Bowl contenders, i think not, but legitimate hope at winning the division is a good possibility. Dallas is the 1st team in the NFC East to beat an opponent who has a winning record, besides the Giants, who has a victory over Dallas. The Giants are not head and shoulders above the NFC East as I first thought was going to be the case. They got to their 5 and 2 mark by beating up on weaker opponents. I think the key to tell which NFC East team is going to be a legitimate contender is to see how they compete against these three teams, Denver, New Orleans, and Atlanta.

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

F.A.N.T.O.M. Physician and Speech Writer

Letterman

It was good to see the defense show some spine. I would feel much better about the Cowboys as a team if they would eliminate all of the stupid penalties. That indicates to me an undisciplined team.....one that will not advance very far in the playoffs even if they get there.

Huge Cowboys fan, but NO....definately not a Super Bowl contender. New Orleans is the team to beat....if they can keep up the good thing they got goin.
    Phillips needs to go.....Shanahan needs to come in.
    Still think Romo has the potential, but he has got to develop some damn LEADERSHIP skills!

Just my 2 cents.....that don't mean squat

"Brownwood, Brownwood, Brownwood!!!!!!!"

Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
    Super Bowl contenders, i think not, but legitimate hope at winning the division is a good possibility. Dallas is the 1st team in the NFC East to beat an opponent who has a winning record, besides the Giants, who has a victory over Dallas. The Giants are not head and shoulders above the NFC East as I first thought was going to be the case. They got to their 5 and 2 mark by beating up on weaker opponents. I think the key to tell which NFC East team is going to be a legitimate contender is to see how they compete against these three teams, Denver, New Orleans, and Atlanta.
    Yeah....What Dr. Dre said............

Still don't like Wade and if Romo would play like he did yesterday more often, I'd tolerate him.

Originally posted by pirate4state
    Still don't like Wade and if Romo would play like he did yesterday more often, I'd tolerate him.
    And if he sent you a pic with his shirt off---you'd vote him MVP--just like you do with T.O..

With all the complaints about Romo, the Cowboys have the #2 offense in the whole NFL. Like MN95 posted, good to see the defense show some spine. Their only two losses were against the Giants & Broncos, and they had a shot to win both of those games. Dallas could be 6-0, but also 3-3, if they don't pull out the KC game. Still too early to tell, but I liked the way the defense is starting to get their act together. Sensabaugh is the key to our secondary and Jenkins is starting to become a big time player. The solid play of the secondary allows the defense to blitz more and get after the QB.
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

All-District

Originally posted by Bull's-eye
    With all the complaints about Romo, the Cowboys have the #2 offense in the whole NFL. Like MN95 posted, good to see the defense show some spine. Their only two losses were against the Giants & Broncos, and they had a shot to win both of those games. Dallas could be 6-0, but also 3-3, if they don't pull out the KC game. Still too early to tell, but I liked the way the defense is starting to get their act together. Sensabaugh is the key to our secondary and Jenkins is starting to become a big time player. The solid play of the secondary allows the defense to blitz more and get after the QB.

i agree about Sensabaugh. It was good to see the secondary actually STICKING people instead of blowing by them with a missed tackle. maybe campo finally taught them how to tackle with their eyes open.

I think Brooking is a big motivating factor on the Cowboys defense---he challenges their manhood when they mess up and is one of the first to give every member of the unit a high five when coming off the field after a good play. Plus, he seems to lead by example---he doesn't take any plays off. He was really pumped up yesterday playing against his old Atlanta teammates.

Long season !! They will either continue to improve and develop or they will flop. I think Miles Austin could be a difference maker. Still not sold on offensive play calling. Garrett more than Phillips but still don't care for Phillips deer in the headlights daze. Show some fire and confidence!!
    Every game is a BIG game.

Originally posted by Bullaholic
    And if he sent you a pic with his shirt off---you'd vote him MVP--just like you do with T.O..
    hahaha thanks, i needed that laugh!

As long as the Cowboys keep winning, I'll be happy!

I love what Brooking brings to the table, he really enjoyed beating his old team. I still think Sensabaugh is the key to their defense, but glad we picked up both of those guys.
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

Originally posted by Bull's-eye
    I love what Brooking brings to the table, he really enjoyed beating his old team. I still think Sensabaugh is the key to their defense, but glad we picked up both of those guys.
    +1

I have always liked the way Brooking plays.

Dallas has the players to take them to the Superbowl...but the team is totally lacking in discipline. If they aren't leading the league in stupid penalties on both sides of the ball, then they are at least in the top 5. That will get you nowhere very fast in the playoffs against a disciplined team...even one with inferior talent.