View Poll Results: who wins in this crucial 16-3A matchup?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Boston (5-2)

8 30.77%
  • Texarkana Pleasant Grove (6-2)

18 69.23%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default Region II Week 9 GotW: Tex. Pleasant Grove (6-2) vs. New Boston (5-2)

one of these teams will make the playoffs; one of them won't. It likely comes down to this game, one that New Boston won last year, 27-13.
    Go Bobcats/Longhorns/Cowboys (and Mavs/Rangers/Stars and the Duke Blue Devils)

1998-2001 JBC Pigskin Prep
    2001-2006 TxPreps
    2006-2015 3ADownlow / Texas Downlow

USMC-Iraq 2005-2006

This is going to be a BIG game. The losers chances of making the playoffs are slim, but not impossible. The Lions and Hawks both played Ashdown in back to back weeks and both lost close games. New Boston plays much better defense and is run oriented on offense. PG is weak on defense and is wide open on offense. Best quess New Boston.

Every game is a BIG game.

Letterman

Originally posted by LE Dad
    This is going to be a BIG game. The losers chances of making the playoffs are slim, but not impossible. The Lions and Hawks both played Ashdown in back to back weeks and both lost close games. New Boston plays much better defense and is run oriented on offense. PG is weak on defense and is wide open on offense. Best quess New Boston.
    Just curious, who is the one team that beat Pittsburg?

Lindale beat them in wk 5.

All-American

Pittsburg certainly looks pretty good. I do get the feeling that New Boston is going to be back in the playoffs again, but it will be close.

TPG showed last year in the playoffs that they can win elimination games, however.
    Go Bobcats/Longhorns/Cowboys (and Mavs/Rangers/Stars and the Duke Blue Devils)

1998-2001 JBC Pigskin Prep
    2001-2006 TxPreps
    2006-2015 3ADownlow / Texas Downlow

USMC-Iraq 2005-2006

Default Re: Region II Week 9 GotW: Tex. Pleasant Grove (6-2) vs. New Boston (5-2)

Originally posted by charlesrixey
    one of these teams will make the playoffs; one of them won't. It likely comes down to this game, one that New Boston won last year, 27-13.
    Revenge is Sweet!
    Once a Bulldog, Always a Bulldog

Sweeny All Time Record 514-305-28

GATA - A Sweeny Tradition Since 1980

1944, 45, 46, 47, 48, 60, 61, 66, 67, 82, 83, 84, 86, 88, 89, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 01, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

Default Re: Re: Region II Week 9 GotW: Tex. Pleasant Grove (6-2) vs. New Boston (5-2)

Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
    Revenge is Sweet!
    Yes and Pleasant Grove has a lot of seniors that are used to winning. I actually hope the Grove wins this one. That would put both teams with negative points and would all but assure LE a berth in the playoffs.

All-American

Default Re: Re: Re: Region II Week 9 GotW: Tex. Pleasant Grove (6-2) vs. New Boston (5-2)

Yes and Pleasant Grove has a lot of seniors that are used to winning. I actually hope the Grove wins this one. That would put both teams with negative points and would all but assure LE a berth in the playoffs.
    Dude, i been gone..........but what the heck happened to yall last friday??
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Region II Week 9 GotW: Tex. Pleasant Grove (6-2) vs. New Boston (5-2)

Originally posted by lostaussie
    Dude, i been gone..........but what the heck happened to yall last friday??
    LOL I will give you the short list.
    1. Pittsburg is a good team. They have a very good passing QB, and a good system. They run a lot of roll outs that really killed our pass rush.
    2. Coaches decided to run a single wing offense, and had several bobbled and fumbled snaps. Some really big plays but too many mistakes on offensive end, putting defense in bad position.

Pitt is for real, that Manley kid at QB has great velocity and accuracy. They are gonna go deep. I would love to see them and Celina.

Did ya stab something ?

All-American

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Region II Week 9 GotW: Tex. Pleasant Grove (6-2) vs. New Boston (5-2)

Did ya stab something ?

yes,yes I did
    the best kind???

Well since the DL hasn't caught on in NB and it would be beneath the Grovers to say anything about their team until a playoff appearence is aassured, I guess this thread will go on life support

All-American

Well since the DL hasn't caught on in NB and it would be beneath the Grovers to say anything about their team until a playoff appearence is aassured, I guess this thread will go on life support
    last word out of new boston was the the internet had not yet arrived The "grove" is a little too high rent to come out and play with us "downlowers"
    the best kind???

Originally posted by lostaussie
    last word out of new boston was the the internet had not yet arrived The "grove" is a little too high rent to come out and play with us "downlowers"
    LOL, Think New Boston hoping to make it to the 2A site in February and yeah the Grovers would never look at anything that said "Down Low" that would just be too "Ghetto"

PG is a unanimous selection of the local sports writers and usually when they all agree it is pretty accurate. I hope so.

PG is a unanimous selection of the local sports writers and usually when they all agree it is pretty accurate. I hope so.