84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sinton Pirates

48 57.14%
  • Ingleside Mustangs

36 42.86%
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
    All-American

Default Sinton (8-0) @ Ingleside (7-1)

Let’s get this going shall we. Ingleside has won convincingly in almost every game except for the 1 tough loss against a good Mathis team. The Stangs have outscored their opponents with a combined total 344 to 111. According to the caller times, which is the only source that I could find stats, Ingleside has had a little over 2800 yards total offense. Defensively they have given up 1122.

Sinton has definitely played through adversity and have found ways time and time again to best their opponents by capitalizing on mistakes and coming through with the win. The Pirates have outscored their opponents 284 to 156. According to the caller times, Sinton has had about 1800 yards total offense while only giving up 1374.

Ingleside vs. Sinton has started to turn into a rivalry and I would say that most of the time you can throw the stats out the window because this is going to be a hard fought game by both teams. Since I haven’t seen Sinton play this year this is what I have to go on in regards to making my prediction for this game.
    Do I think Ingleside scores their average points per game (42)? Maybe not. I do however feel that having tasted the bitterness of defeat, which has helped them for the better, they do not want it to happen again and will minimize their mistake and come out on top. I say Ingleside by 7 -10.

What are you thoughts/predictions?

sinton3055

Sinton wins

Practice Squad

I have seen both teams in action and I'll have say that Ingleside wins this one. It won't come easy, Sinton fights till the final whistle blows, (don't ask me how I know). This is going to be one game I'm going to hate missing, but I will be in Orange Grove. Good Luck to both teams, stay healthy for the playoffs.
    A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall. Vince Lombardi

Default Re: Sinton (8-0) @ Ingleside (7-1)

Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
    Let’s get this going shall we. Ingleside has won convincingly in almost every game except for the 1 tough loss against a good Mathis team. The Stangs have outscored their opponents with a combined total 344 to 111. According to the caller times, which is the only source that I could find stats, Ingleside has had a little over 2800 yards total offense. Defensively they have given up 1122.

Sinton has definitely played through adversity and have found ways time and time again to best their opponents by capitalizing on mistakes and coming through with the win. The Pirates have outscored their opponents 284 to 156. According to the caller times, Sinton has had about 1800 yards total offense while only giving up 1374.

Ingleside vs. Sinton has started to turn into a rivalry and I would say that most of the time you can throw the stats out the window because this is going to be a hard fought game by both teams. Since I haven’t seen Sinton play this year this is what I have to go on in regards to making my prediction for this game.
    Do I think Ingleside scores their average points per game (42)? Maybe not. I do however feel that having tasted the bitterness of defeat, which has helped them for the better, they do not want it to happen again and will minimize their mistake and come out on top. I say Ingleside by 7 -10.

What are you thoughts/predictions?
    Ingleside will have to be close to their avg to pull this one out, Ingleside last year tried to go for the big plays and had short series on offense and gave Sinton offense more possession than normal on the field, hence Sinton won big. Teams have kept Sinton offense to very few possession in the first half by controlling the clock. Mathis saw what happens when you go 3 and out against Sinton and when you control the clock with long drives .

I'll get official team stats sometime tomorrow, so I can give you a break down of ours.

You're right in that this has turned into a bit of a rivalry. Here's a bit of a history lesson. We are 20-9-1 all time against Ingleside. Ingleside beat us in back-to-back years in 1943 & 1944; 1994 & 1995; 2006 & 2007. The other 3 losses were in 1948, 1984 & 1997. The tie came in 1985. 7 of those 9 wins came against us when we had a losing record. The last time Ingleside beat us when we had a winning record the year was 1948!

History is on our side.

Okay, now that all that's out of the way...

I think this is gonna be another heart pounding, edge of your seats kinda game!

Ingleside is very strong this year overall. We can't get caught up in their loss to Mathis. They did not play their best game against Mathis and Mathis played lights out and Mathis was at home. 'Nuff said!

Our kids have no quit in them. They simply refuse to lose and they know going into this game, it will be for the outright district championship, something these seniors do not want to give up and certainly not to Ingleside!

Our offensive is just as explosive as Ingleside's. It's gonna come down to our defense. They are gonna have to make the play with first contact. Ingleside has too much speed to miss tackles in this game. If we don't keep contain and they get outside on us, we'll be in trouble.

Let's go boys. Stay focused and keep your eyes on the prize!

No prediction yet. I'll wait 'til Thursday to make my prediction.

Izzy you gonna be in town? Meet & greet?? Maybe I can get APPF to show up!

All-American

Default Re: Re: Sinton (8-0) @ Ingleside (7-1)

Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
    Ingleside will have to be close to their avg to pull this one out, Ingleside last year tried to go for the big plays and had short series on offense and gave Sinton offense more possession than normal on the field, hence Sinton won big. Teams have kept Sinton offense to very few possession in the first half by controlling the clock. Mathis saw what happens when you go 3 and out against Sinton and when you control the clock with long drives .
    Ingleside's D has ony given up a little over 300 yards total passing. We are definitely going to give up passing yards to Sinton's heavy pass based Offense, but I don't think so much so that we are going to need to score a lot of points to win. This game actually might be low scoring just like the Mathis game.

this needs a poll
    I’m kinda a big deal.

All-American

Originally posted by pirate4state
    I'll get official team stats sometime tomorrow, so I can give you a break down of ours.

You're right in that this has turned into a bit of a rivalry. Here's a bit of a history lesson. We are 20-9-1 all time against Ingleside. Ingleside beat us in back-to-back years in 1943 & 1944; 1994 & 1995; 2006 & 2007. The other 3 losses were in 1948, 1984 & 1997. The tie came in 1985. 7 of those 9 wins came against us when we had a losing record. The last time Ingleside beat us when we had a winning record the year was 1948!

History is on our side.

Okay, now that all that's out of the way...

I think this is gonna be another heart pounding, edge of your seats kinda game!

Ingleside is very strong this year overall. We can't get caught up in their loss to Mathis. They did not play their best game against Mathis and Mathis played lights out and Mathis was at home. 'Nuff said!

Our kids have no quit in them. They simply refuse to lose and they know going into this game, it will be for the outright district championship, something these seniors do not want to give up and certainly not to Ingleside!

Our offensive is just as explosive as Ingleside's. It's gonna come down to our defense. They are gonna have to make the play with first contact. Ingleside has too much speed to miss tackles in this game. If we don't keep contain and they get outside on us, we'll be in trouble.

Let's go boys. Stay focused and keep your eyes on the prize!

No prediction yet. I'll wait 'til Thursday to make my prediction.

Izzy you gonna be in town? Meet & greet?? Maybe I can get APPF to show up!
    Unless something catastrophic happens.. then yes I will be at this game.

Default Re: Re: Re: Sinton (8-0) @ Ingleside (7-1)

Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
    Ingleside's D has ony given up a little over 300 yards total passing. We are definitely going to give up passing yards to Sinton's heavy pass based Offense, but I don't think so much so that we are going to need to score a lot of points to win. This game actually might be low scoring just like the Mathis game.
    the only way i see them keeping Sinton offense from scoring alot of points is if they eat up most of the clock. Sinton qb has shown he can pick apart a defense. Sinton going for its 20 th win in 21 games and its been win Just win, no style points needed

Default Sinton(8-0) vs Ingleside(7-1)

Cast your votes for who you think will win.

Designed and created by pirate44

IrishTex

I'm picking the underdog in this one..

Ingleside...

Junior Varsity

I can't even predict the winner of this game because this game is going to be good enough that I will be driving to ingleside from houston just to see it...I hope it'll be worth the gas..good luck to both teams
    "You guys line up alphabetically by height."- Bill Peterson Houston Oilers

All-American

Originally posted by Frontline Force
    I can't even predict the winner of this game because this game is going to be good enough that I will be driving to ingleside from houston just to see it...I hope it'll be worth the gas..good luck to both teams
    I am driving down from San Antonio so the trip is not as long for me.. but I agree this is going to be a good one.

I'm picking Ingleside hesitantly.

I think the Mustangs control their fate here. It's no secret that Ingleside's a big play offense, but they're going to have to hit on a few early and not give Sinton long drives the first half.

Also, something that's been overlooked is that Ingleside really struggles when the 'Stangs aren't winning the turnover battle. The three games the 'Stangs seemed to struggle the most? Against West Oso, Mathis (their only loss), and Miller.

West Oso 0 Turnovers
    Ingleside 1 (Int)

Mathis 1 (Int)
    Ingleside 4 (Fum)

Miller 3 Turnovers
    Ingleside 3 Turnovers

You might say that Ingleside had just as many turnovers as Miller, but I would also argue that having any turnover absolutely destroys Ingleside's offensive rhythm and does more to affect the Mustangs than most teams. And it showed. Ingleside didn't take control of that game until late.

While I believe wholeheartedly that Ingleside is the favorite, the Mustangs are their own worst enemy. They can't afford turnovers against Sinton, and can't let the Sinton D force those turnovers.

If Ingleside plays the way they should, Ingleside by two to three TD's. If not, it's too easy to lose momentum against a team like Sinton. Sinton by at least a TD.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. CEO

Junior Varsity

I agree if ingleside does not take the lead early then sinton will.sinton can capitalize on mistakes just ask mathis
    "You guys line up alphabetically by height."- Bill Peterson Houston Oilers